Looking for Queer/Lesbian Moms to Interview in the Chicagoland Area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-01-2012, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there,

My name is Alicia VandeVusse, and I am a PhD student in sociology at the University of Chicago. I am looking for eligible interviewees for my dissertation research. In my dissertation, I want to compare the experiences of lesbian and single mothers in Germany and the United States, because the regulation of assisted reproduction differs greatly in these countries. One of the women I interviewed in Chicago suggested that I post on this message board, so here I am. I apologize if this post breaks any forum rules.

I’d like to talk to women who have become pregnant using any form of alternative insemination (including insemination at home and in doctors’ offices) or using treatments such as IVF. I’m also interested in speaking with women who are considering becoming pregnant in the future and women who tried inseminating previously but stopped.  Right now, I’m focusing on the Chicagoland area (up to and including Milwaukee).

I’ve conducted interviews with women in both Germany and the United States thus far, but I want to reach as many women as I can. A diversity of experiences and opinions is very important to my project. Thus, I would very much like to include your experiences, if you'd be willing to share. If you live outside of the Chicagoland area and would like to be notified if the study area opens up, please feel free to contact me. 

The interview usually takes between 45 and 75 minutes, and the information obtained is strictly confidential. Over the next few months, most of my interviews are being conducted over Skype. I’m happy to answer any questions you have about my research. 

I would be honored if you would be willing to share their experiences with me. Please forward this to anyone you know who might be interested. You can reach me at ajv at uchicago dot edu at any time, and I'll try to check on this thread regularly as well. 

Thank you so much for your time and consideration. 

Sincerely, 

Alicia VandeVusse

PhD Student in Sociology

University of Chicago

http://sociology.uchicago.edu/people/grad_students/Alicia%20VandeVusse.shtml

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi Alicia! I'm the person who recommended you come here for other interested interviewees. smile.gif

I had fun doing the interview and was particularly interested in hearing what the German lesbians thought on some of the topics, so that's a fun little anthropological bonus for anyone who feels like talking!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 08-03-2012, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi prettyisa,

Thanks so much for the tip about this forum - it's a great resource! I'll definitely be in touch when I've finished analyzing the data to let you know more about what I find. :) Hope all's well.

Regards,

Alicia

User Tag List