Wondering about shipping sperm through the NW Cryobank??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-19-2012, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My partner and I have our sperm donor picked out, he lives about 5 hours away, but due to convenience we decided to ship the sperm. We found a kit that we can order and send straight to his home from the NW Cryobank, but I'm confused about the shipping. The shipping you pay when you order the kit is just to send to the donor right? You have to make your own overnight shipping labels and send it to him to put on the kit when he sends it to you with the sperm? Or does the Cryobank print out the two way shipping label? Super confused as this is the first time we're trying this. Also what were your experiences and do you have any tips?

Yay for making babies! joy.gif

#2 of 2 Old 08-19-2012, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are doing the same thing.  There are a few recent threads on this that you can look for.  For cryobank, yes they only have shipping to the donor, the shipping back is separate.  There are a few other places that do shipping to 

donorhomedelivery.com 

babydustdelivery.com  

I think one of them might offer two way shipping (or maybe that is the biotranz which wants a prescription) but you might as well do it yourself. for us, we just had the donor do the shipping and remibursed him but I think you could do your own labels ahead of time if you wanted. 

I think a few of them sell just the TYB so you can reuse the kits month to month and just buy that if you need to.  For us, we did two shipments for our first cycle but it did not work.  I think we did it too early, we were so afraid to miss O!  Only thing to think about is most places don't deliver on sunday.  You need to have the kits to your KD at least a day before they ship it bc they need to put the TYB back in the freezer.   

Good luck and baby dust!  

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page