Queer Conceptions--September 2012 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 317 Old 09-27-2012, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Amt - probably the best place to start is a call to your RE to ask which banks they work with - many RE's have a short-list of banks they prefer.   mine recommended Fairfax or CA Cryobank, fwiw.  good luck to you!

me read.gif + dw crochetsmilie.gif + twins.gif twins.gif= stillheart.gif

member of mdc since 2008, now with new identity

#302 of 317 Old 09-27-2012, 12:17 PM

scorpioma - Welcome!  Sorry I didn't see your posts before, it's like they showed up late or something.  But that's awesome!  So surprised (but happy) to find so many ftm partners on these boards.  

afu - We're on CD 13, and I'm so terrified she'll ovulate on Monday!  She's already getting fertile CM, but she does tend to get it for at least five days in a row.  Due to shipping restrictions, we can't get packages on Sundays or Mondays.  Hopefully Saturday and Tuesday will catch it one way or the other, but I REALLY wanted to try they day of ovulation this time, since we've always gotten ahead of it.  If she ovulates early, we'll have to decide if we want to call off Tuesday or not, but I'm leaning towards not, since we actually have no true way to pinpoint the date, we're just guessing.  We're trying to track all the signals this time, temperature, CM, OPK, ferning... I might even make her look at her cervix.  Anyway, that's where we are, good luck to everyone else!  I'll make a new thread probably Saturday or Sunday. 

C (26) and S (27) and our little N, born June 18, 2013
#303 of 317 Old 09-27-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easttowest View Post

scorpioma - Welcome!  Sorry I didn't see your posts before, it's like they showed up late or something.  But that's awesome!  So surprised (but happy) to find so many ftm partners on these boards. 

Just chiming in another partner of a transguy! BTW, easttowest, I've been meaning to say that I think it's awesome that you're using your brother as your KD. I would love to have kiddos who are genetically related to both of us. DP has lots of brothers, but they are all Mormon, and I cannot even imagine the conversation. We also talked about me carrying his egg, but it seemed way too expensive, and he wasn't keen on going off t, going on all the drugs, etc. So, we settled for gay sperm from a bank. Oh well... In any case, I hope this is your month!

Also want to send shout outs to my TTC friends, in particular Pokey and Krista. Everything crossed for both of you.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#304 of 317 Old 09-27-2012, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Welcome scorpioma!

Pokey and others: Thanks for the advice, the other fertility signs are a good idea and I've been trying to keep track. CM is pretty much nonexistent, DW is in charge of the cervix checking and that seems to be helpful, I'm sure as we track a couple more months, we'll see some patterns. The OPK's are confusing because if I do it in the morning I can see that the line is getting darker, if I do it later in the day there is barely a second line, and I am waiting until I have to pee my pants. I think next month we'll try the cheap strips in conjunction with the digital when I think it's positive.

Jenny: We have decided to try with a KD first, but have had a couple friends offer and spent many a months discussing the pros/cons of using a sperm bank instead of a KD. We had a really hard time with not knowing what the person looked like, acted like, valued, etc, thus the KD was a better option for us but I think if we had used a bank we would have bought all the extras. I know it really doesn't matter and I think nature and nurture both play a huge role in who we are, but we couldn't get over that not knowing the other half of the genetic makeup very well. First we thought we wanted to used two different donors one that was more like DW when I carried and one more like me when she carried but then we decided to choose someone we really like, admire, and think has great genes. 

Knitting Tigers: Mormon? What a small world, I live in the mormon capital (oh so fun), we briefly talked about asking one of DW's brothers at some point, but they are all Mormon, and even if he was willing it would cause sooo much family drama. How is your DP's family with you and yours? 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and a baby on the way

****5****10****15****20****25***stork-boy.gif30****35****40

#305 of 317 Old 09-27-2012, 04:17 PM

2justicemamas - That's wonderful that you have a KD you admire. You're lucky! We had only two guys we could ask. One had a vasectomy, and the other said no. I no longer have the luxury of having qualms about sperm banks.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#306 of 317 Old 09-27-2012, 05:52 PM

easttowest, that sounds a lot like our experience. we are wondering if we did it too early but we have always heard better late than never... And cheers for partners of trans/genderqueer people! Cheers for building queer families!

A couple of questions.

1. I am 5DPO and bloated, tired. REALLY bloated. Is this normal this early if I have conceived?

2. Do people get fertile mucus after conception?

I am grateful for this group!

me (28) married to dp (30) + 2 dog fur-kids!  TTC our first baby!  baby.gif

BFP in 2009: still grieving my loss

4 tries so far (two with frozen, two with KD): all BFN

#307 of 317 Old 09-27-2012, 06:16 PM

MRS., The Femara went well! Yesterday was the last day. I can say I had some pretty vivid dreams where I could fly and had superpowers lol! Thanks Femara. Just ready to get into the RE's on tuesday!

AMT, hope this helps ..

Cryobanks/Sperm Resources

"Which Sperm Bank" by The Donor Sibling Registry - https://www.donorsiblingregistry.com/dsr-support-and-info/which-sperm-bank/

California Cryobank - http://www.cryobank.com

Xytex - http://www.xytexinternational.com/

Northwest - https://www.nwcryobank.com/

Midwest - http://www.midwestspermbank.com/msb.htm

Fairfax - http://www.fairfaxcryobank.com

Sperm Bank of California - http://www.thespermbankofca.org/

NY Cryos - http://ny.cryosinternational.com/home.aspx

Pacific Reproductive Services - www.pacrepro.com/

Manhattan Cryobank http://manhattancryobank.com/

Cryogenic Laboratories http://www.cryolab.com

Rainbow Flag Health Services (Known Donor and Directed Donor Resources and Supplies) - http://www.gayspermbank.com/

Known Donor Registry - http://www.knowndonorregistry.com/

Donor Home Delivery (shipping KD sperm) - http://www.donorhomedelivery.com

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#308 of 317 Old 09-28-2012, 05:45 AM

Oh my god - that "Which Sperm Bank" page is LOADED with horrible info about my bank. We don't want to switch donors! This is so scary.

edited to add: I just spoke to a manager at my bank and I feel better that a previously identified problem with them has been fixed. I don't want to go into detail, but.... anyway, I feel better.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#309 of 317 Old 09-28-2012, 10:23 AM

Fmorris-WOW! Thank you so much for all the information! A few of the sites I have looked at and/or used since we have been using a KD for a while.

dust.gifto all!!!

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#310 of 317 Old 09-28-2012, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

amt--I'm pretty sure I have told you before...but European Sperm Bank out of Seattle is pretty great too!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#311 of 317 Old 09-28-2012, 03:10 PM

Outdoorsy, I didn't want to scare you!! Just help out AMT! Glad that you spoke with the manager and your mind is at ease!

AMT, you're welcome! I know when we first started this journey almost 2 years ago finding SB's was soo hard. I was just googling and hoping for luck! That list covers most of the ones, nd the ones it doesn't looks like the other ladies have that info for ya! Good luck with the searching! And I see your right next to meeh, i'm in Arkansas! and we have a dog2.gif named Bella :)

AFM, Today I placed the order for the swimmers. They'll ship Monday and be here tuesday. I go for mye follicle scan tues and trigger as well. IUI 3rd or 4th! Can't wait!!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

#312 of 317 Old 09-29-2012, 07:59 AM

Lise-First CONGRATS times three!!! Thank you for the info I will check them out! It wasn't me whom you told about the bank. I may have read a post of yours about it and just forgot but I haven't ever asked about banks since we really wanted to use a KD but sadly so far it hasn't worked. We have 6ish more months of trying with our KD(which we have changed 3 times). My RE is putting me on Clomid...just can't wait for those clomoments to hit! lol

Fmorris-I love the name Bella! How cool! It's so nice to *meet* you and know that you are so close! I am so glad to have this wonderful site for help so I don't have to just google blindly! FX that this is your month! GL on the 3rd or 4th!

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#313 of 317 Old 09-29-2012, 08:49 AM

In the weirdest twist of fate, for those of you following our shipping saga, DW got a positive OPK today. It's CD15, which is bizarrely early. She usually ovulates CD 17 or 18. Thank goodness we asked KD to send an insurance kit today. Tuesday would miss it completely. I am a little bummed, since this is the timing we had last time, insem on the day of the positive, but it's better than worrying about getting a ruined package on Tuesday.

Now we just have to wait for FedEx to show up. They are supposed to be here by noon.

#314 of 317 Old 09-29-2012, 10:05 AM

easttowest. . wow, I guess that's why cocktails were invented!  well good luck with your insemination today.  IDK if this makes it better or worse but I know they say you can do insem any time the day they are shipped so I wonder if it would be better to try to do it late tonight and just keep it in the fridge until then?  I have always thought it's probably better to do it ASAP bc I just think how much can those poor little guys handle. . but I know on the directions it says if you can't do it right away you can do it that same day so i wonder if you waited several hours if it would be closer to O time. . I guess it's a crapshoot either way but at least now the stress of the shipping container is gone!  FX for you all and remember last time may have had nothing to do with timing and just everything to do with all the rest of the stuff that goes on with reproduction chances!!  

AFU - even though I am only 8 DPO  I gave in and tested this morning and got a BFN. . I know it's so early and it was just setting myself up for a let down so I am going to try to hold off! 

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#315 of 317 Old 09-29-2012, 10:12 AM

Thanks Cordelia. And 8 DPO is waaaay early, so fingers crossed that you can wait a few more days and get your BFP!

#316 of 317 Old 09-29-2012, 06:06 PM

AMT, when DP first got her for meeh i couldnt figure out what to name her, but then I looked at her (mye liddle Pug) nd she just looked like a Bella, cuz shes beautiful just like her mommy :) lol. Nd yes, it is nice to *meet* you! Nice to know our states touch lol. That googling blindly can be frustrating nd we don't need the stress so we'll keep it easy! Nd thanx for the FX, i'm crossing everything crossable on meeh and DP! lol i'd love to hang out here, but would love love love to move over to Q & P!

Easttowest, just reading all that made meeh exhausted! Hope that everything worked out for you two! I know how it is waiting on the fedex man...you can't go to the website and track the package enough! What i hate is when they leave the local fedex at 7am, (the facility is maybe 10mins from mye house) they don't get to meeh until after 5!!!!! ugh!!!!!! High Hopes for you and a BFP! You're TTW will strart b4 mine, but i'll be right there with you after thursday!! EEP! GOOD LUCK!

Cordelia, you're right, 8DPO is still early, theres plenty of time!! I was reading another board nd one of the ladies got her BFP 22DPO!! Hope is still alive!!

#317 of 317 Old 09-29-2012, 06:21 PM

Come on over to the October thread when you're ready, everyone.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1364579/queer-conceptions-october-2012

Tags
Trying To Conceive , Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page