Queer Conceptions--September 2012 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 317 Old 09-20-2012, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Pokey:  Great news! I really hope this is it for you.  You're such a wonderful cheerleader for the rest of us that, no matter what happens, you need to stick around just to keep us all going!  <3

Cordelia: I was feeling proud about only once per day... I sense there is still some room for improvement.  AND.  I didn't start testing until 6dpo -- and that was to see if the trigger was gone.  I think I'm making great strides!!! LOL!  Glad you were able to work things out with your donor this month!

Hoping/invitn: How are you doing?  How many dpo?

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#242 of 317 Old 09-20-2012, 10:16 PM

Just a quick drive by (((((hugs))))) to all who had bfns and are pushing forward to the next cycle.and .. To those who are taking a break hope its short and sweet

AFM: Well AF started for me sun night so I'm back to waiting to o should be round the end of next week some time

smile.gif Me - 34 TTC#1 as a SMBC...after a 2 year break. treehugger.gif Embracing all things "crunchy" treehugger.gif
#243 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

hoping - Sorry to hear the news!  hug2.gif  I hope your luck changes soon.

Thanks, Jenny!  Even when I graduate, I will probably still be hanging around.  I love keeping up with everyone.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#244 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 09:14 AM

AHHHHHH. . my swimmers are stuck on a FEDEX truck and I don't know where they are!!!!!!!!!  Please say a quick wish/prayer/vibe that they get here soon or they will be all messed up!  The dispatcher said they were all behind because of the 1000's of iphone orders. . um, is this my problem???  

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#245 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 09:18 AM

Cordelia - Oh no!  I'm doing a dance to the FedEx gods.  Maybe we'll use UPS?  Geez, you pay to get something by a certain time, you should get it, iPhone craziness or not.

I really, really hope everything works out for you.  Keep us updated.

#246 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 09:51 AM

Cordelia!!!  Yikes!  Fingers crossed, everything crossed for you!!!

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#247 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easttowest View Post

Cordelia - Oh no!  I'm doing a dance to the FedEx gods.  Maybe we'll use UPS?  Geez, you pay to get something by a certain time, you should get it, iPhone craziness or not.

I really, really hope everything works out for you.  Keep us updated.

thanks. . I'm trying not to stress but it's not working.   I think we are going to go out for a drink. . I at least wish they would tell us when it would get here bc I am supposed to schedule acupuncture too.  

#248 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 11:20 AM

cordelia, this is going to be such a good conception story. your baby will be the one that had to beat out the new iphone. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#249 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsandmrs View Post

cordelia, this is going to be such a good conception story. your baby will be the one that had to beat out the new iphone. 

This is what I am hoping!!  And it's HERE!!!!!!!  So game on, hopefully they survived the truck!  We seriously had a drink on the corner so we could watch for the Fed-Ex truck. . so pathetic!  Okay signing off for obvious reasons  ROTFLMAO.gif

#250 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 11:25 AM

Have fun!  Good luck!  ;-)

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#251 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 12:32 PM

Cordelia, So glad the swimmers arrived! What a stressful mess. I hope everything is OK. Happy insemming! ..... and yes, PLEASE, definitely do kick me and Pokey off the island. We need to get the heck out of here! (But of course with some voluntary hanging around to support you wonderful women!)

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#252 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 01:19 PM

i saw on QP&P that lisedea is joining the mommies of multiples club --- of the last 7 pregnancies we graduated, we have 2 sets of triplets and a set of twins. anyone think there's something in the water? 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#253 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 01:53 PM

Woah!!! I guess I should be reading that thread!!!  Holy moly!  Now I need to go see what she's having!

#254 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsandmrs View Post

i saw on QP&P that lisedea is joining the mommies of multiples club --- of the last 7 pregnancies we graduated, we have 2 sets of triplets and a set of twins. anyone think there's something in the water? 

Seriously!  Three people having eight babies?  Care to share?  Kidding of course - so happy for all of them.  

Cordelia - Phew!  That must have been nerve-wracking, but sounds like a happy ending.  Hope you enjoyed your drink, and hope it's your last for a while!

#255 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 03:50 PM

Anyone in the Bay Area know of a midwife that does inseminations with fresh sperm?  Obviously not IUI, just just at home (preferably) help getting an IVI or ICI correct?  Not set on it, but definitely something we might look into.  I emailed the two midwives suggested by TSBC, and one never responded, and the other doesn't work with fresh sperm.

Any thoughts on whether or not it's even worth it?  Is getting it in there with a needleless syringe just about the best we're going to do?

#256 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah all...seriously...after TWO FREAKING YEARS of trying...you would think ONE would have stuck before now. Three at once, really???? Let me tell you all...when you least expect it, apparently it happens.

Thinking good fertile thoughts for you all....but not in multiples (unless it's in your plan! wink1.gif)

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#257 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 05:57 PM

hoping, sorry for the BFN.hug2.gif I hope the next time is it!

cordelia, PHEW! ive been bogged down literally all day since I got to work and this is the first time I could post! First, I was gonna do some super praying for the swimmers, but then I saw you got em! Sometimes you have to stalk FedEx :)

mrs., if there's something in that water I'd sure like a nice tall glass! lol Thats pretty amazing though!!

Lise, THATS SO AWESOME. If you look at it,  you just made up for the 2 yrs of TTC! The Baby Gods rewarded you for all your hard work with three little miracles jumpers.gif. CONGRATS

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#258 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 06:24 PM

hopin. . sorry for the BFN, hugs and rallying for the next go!  

lisedea. . commented on the other thread but congrats again from this one. . overwhelming but amazing ride! 

jenny. . the room for improvement made me lol . I am not convinced i won't be testing early again either but will try! 

outdoorsy and pokey. . okay you are officially kicked off the island. . smile.gif though visits back would be great though hopefully it will be a whole new board to visit as we all join you guys. . 

easttowest . IDK anything about midwives in SF, I do know that if they do do it (and many won't for legal reasons) that it has to really be fresh, meaning you can't have it in TYB which you can't insert through the cervix bc it can lead to a lot of infections. but again, that's just what I have read, heard, etc. . not medical proof.  

AFU. . we are officially done with our insems this round. . thanks so much for your support during my earlier frantic posts. . I mean where else can you get such great support for being panicked the fed-ex truck has lost your sperm!  honestly though, I think knowing there were folks out there rooting for me helped!!  I really appreciated all of your responses!  Even went to my evening acupuncture appointment where she gave me the electric needles which I love because it really feels like they are doing some magic. . going back on Monday for one more session then taking a week off bc it's a lot of money. . carmen I know you are right about sliding scale places but this women is amazing and it's worth it for me!  (at least for now!) 

#259 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 PM

Lise: Wow. Absolutely Wow. 3 miracle beans. That's crazy and wonderful all in the same breath. What were all the medications were on this cycle? Just wondering?

Cordelia What a funny tale of trying to track your precise seed. Let me tell you what- this cycle the FEDex truck was 20 mins late and I was raising some heck. Poor unknowing employee at the FedEx Kinko's location.... whoever you are- I'm sorry. Glad everything worked out for you!!!

Oh can I vote myself as a candidate too for getting kicked off the island. love you guys but been treading in this water for 2 years....

AFM: Thanks for all the wellwishin for this tww. today is 8dpo and it was confirmed today that my progesterone levels are really low: 3.9. No wonder the past two cycles I started spotting at day nine past ovulation. Hearing this number has scared me into immediately taking an old rx of suppositories I have. It's weird a bout a year ago before I ever started taking progesterone, levels checked one cycle- 8. something. Low but not crazy low. After two months on progesterone, I checked my levels one month- 23. something: Super high. The nurse was adament that the high number was reflection of my natural levels of progesterone saying that the progesterone suppositories couldn't get into the blood system like that. Anyway I was on suppositories for a total of maybe 7 months and stopped after being encouraged to do so by a Naturapath I started to see. Well after hearing this news today about my really low level - I definitely need to supplement but the side effect suck.

Does anyone know whether having been on progesterone supplements when you may not terribly need it may cause havoc on progesterone?

Ofcourse I have been googling "reasons for low progesterone" and the one that stands out is having high estrogen which I've been told in the past. Has anyone heard of natural treatment to help regulate estrogen? Has anyone heard of good research around this issue? Shout out here to Krista, any thoughts wise onesmile.gif

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#260 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 08:11 PM

Ladies, Ima bit down....well A LOT down. Its not related to DP and I's TTC. But it does deal with us. So we just had an argument on mye lunch break (like an hour ago), and i'm all over the place now. Im mad, upset, frustrated, confused, and feel like the gum on the bottom of someones shoe right now! greensad.gif When we have an argument it literally makes meeh sick...physically. So not only am I dealing with AF, now mye whole body just hurts. I feel awful. Worst thing is i'm suppose to start mye Femara tomorrow nd this whole thing is putting such a downer on a cycle i was feeling great and so very optimistic about. I'm trying not to stress about it, but how not!!! help.gif

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

#261 of 317 Old 09-21-2012, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

fmorris - I'm sorry you had a fight and you are feeling so down.  TTC adds extra stress to everything in our lives.  It's a good test of our communication skills and we will need those when we have kids.

easttowest - I don't think a midwife would make much difference.  I know you want to do all you can, but getting the swimmers near the cervix with the needleless syringe is probably the best you can do.  I have heard some people use an instead cup afterwards to keep everything in place, but I have also heard that if you insert it wrong, it can do more harm than good.  It may not be necessary.  It might make you feel better just to talk to an expert and confirm you are doing the right thing.  I will ask my midwife about it when I see her soon.

Good luck to everyone entering the TWW!  Exciting time!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#262 of 317 Old 09-22-2012, 04:22 AM

invitinconceptn. .sorry, I meant to kick you off the island too. . yes, you too are officially off!  that is strange about the progesterone. I don't have any advice for any of that though.  Only thing I know for high estrogen is to cut back on soy if you eat a lot, or eliminate it.completely since it basically is estrogen. .I hope you do not wake up to spotting today. . I guess the only good thing is now you have some info that you did not have before.  Today is a friend of mine's shower who was TTC for 2 years and now is a month away from having twins. . so never give up! 

fmmorris. . sorry about the fight, try not to let it get into your body too much, I personally find everything makes me even crazier when things are in the busy parts of TTC, testing for O, waiting to insem, etc,  so go do something nice for yourself today and hope you and DP smooth it all out.  I would insert a hug icon here but I can't find it! 

#263 of 317 Old 09-22-2012, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

fmorris--I am sorry you are going through this. TTC causes so much stress and most couples will fight more often--even about things unrelated. Hang in there and know that you are not the only one--and things will get better! hug.gif

invitin--This was my second medicated cycle. I had gonal f 150 starting at day 3, had a trigger, and took (well, still take) progesterone. I had 3 mature follicles and one on the brink--I could see some fluid near my ovary yesterday so I know that the last one didn't release.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#264 of 317 Old 09-22-2012, 07:34 AM

Morris:  Sorry to hear you're feeling down.  TTC is so difficult on relationships.  I hope the storm will pass quickly.

Lise:  I still can't believe it!  It's cool that you and CANanny can go through this together.  They are only a little ahead of you!

AFM:  I think I'm out this cycle.  13dpo and got a negative this morning.  I was feeling somewhat hopeful because 3 days ago I had some mild cramping.  It has continued on and off since then, no spotting, no sore breasts like I normally get for AF, but I would think a FRER would have caught SOMETHING by now.  So, hopefully I'll get AF by Monday, if not, I'll be out next cycle, too because I'll be out of town during baseline time.  Blah.

#265 of 317 Old 09-22-2012, 08:47 AM

AFM:  I think I'm out this cycle.  13dpo and got a negative this morning.  I was feeling somewhat hopeful because 3 days ago I had some mild cramping.  It has continued on and off since then, no spotting, no sore breasts like I normally get for AF, but I would think a FRER would have caught SOMETHING by now.  So, hopefully I'll get AF by Monday, if not, I'll be out next cycle, too because I'll be out of town during baseline time.  Blah.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  . . boo on BFN, I hope you have another test left because hopefully you will need it tomorrow.   Yes, FRER would usually catch it but I do know more than one person who did not get it until after AF did not show.  I know it's not as common but holding out hope

#266 of 317 Old 09-22-2012, 12:26 PM

EastToWest: fresh IUIs are not permitted with a known donor. That's the wonderful FDA stepping in and monitoring our bedroom! There is a guy that will do them (and has gone up against the FDA a couple of times for the right to do it) however, studies have shown that fresh IUI vs fresh ICI show minimal if any difference in success rates. But if you're interested in checking out whether the guy still does them (we almost considered him with our known donor and then didn't) it's Rainbow Flag Conception Services in Alameda. Guy's a little strange, I'll warn you on that but if it's something you wanted to consider. I contacted At Home Midwifery just to doublecheck that they wouldn't do it and they said no. Guy had to be my husband or boyfriend. Technically known donors in the privacy of your own home are illegal according to the FDA.

You're probably over the ovulation discussion but I agree with Cordeila on your DP's O date. Day 18/19 are looking like it. I never had a spike in my temps. I had the step up rise which is what it looks like she has as well. And I got pregnant three times off that kind of a chart so just doing you're best (which you're already doing) is the best that you can do! I hold out a lot of hope for you.

AFM: we do our frozen embryo transfer of our one "genetically perfect" embryo middle of next month. I start shots on Monday night. I pray very few of you have to get to the journey I did. I'm so sick of shots and doctors.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#267 of 317 Old 09-22-2012, 12:38 PM

easttowest--- I think that you are talking about IVI, not IUI, correct? it seems like a lot of answers were about IUI, but it seems like you know it is not likely a midwife will help you with IUI with a known donor. in your situation, i think many midwives would be willing to help at least walk you through the process of intravag insemination so you feel more confident, even though it might not be practical to have them do it every time. have you read the stephanie brill lesbian conception book? it might have some good advice for you too. i think mostly you want to get the sample as close as possible to the cervix with your needless syringe, and hang out horizontally for a little while to let the sperm swim. 

#268 of 317 Old 09-22-2012, 01:02 PM

Pokey, Cordelia, Lise, Jenny: Thank you all so much for your support. I usually don't have anyone to talk to without feeling like they're judging meeh. I do know this is a stressful time, but I've been trying to avoid doing that to myself and mye body. We did sit down and talk, but things still seemed tense. Funny thing is a couple of weeks ago I made a 22 page Photo album on shutterfly and have been trying to keep it a secret so bad. I put pictures from when we first met until now and narrated the whole book. It came yesterday right in the middle of our argument and needless to say it got pushed to the side. After we talked DP finally looked at it and went through every page. When she was done she looked at meeh and told meeh how much she loved meeh as well as the Album. I think maybe she gets worried or frustrated around times like this bc we so wanted it to take last time and were very disappointed. I feel so much better thanks to you guys and DP realising we have much more important things to be focusing on. Today is CD3 and the first day of mye Femara. This cycle is officially kicking off. Thank you guys again so much for all the positive words and hugs!!thanks.gif

#269 of 317 Old 09-22-2012, 03:14 PM

Krista, I will cross everything I have for you, and cross all the babies I work with too.  

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#270 of 317 Old 09-22-2012, 04:27 PM

Thank you to everyone for your advice and insight, especially those who went out of your way to ask your midwives questions for me. We know we can't do IUI with shipped fresh sperm, so if we ever move onto IUI, we would lose my brother and have to get a WTBK donor, which would be a real loss for us, and we hope we don't get there. I was just wondering if it is worth it to consult with a midwife or if we're pretty much doing everything we can. I also thought that maybe getting the sperm right on her cervix might be useful, but maybe not. Sometimes I feel like we have done all this research and know what we're doing, and sometimes I feel like we're flying blind. Thanks also to those with input about the O day. We have been a little early if it's 18/19, but we'll be inseminating on day 18 this time out of necessity, so maybe that's good. We will keep watching the signs and see where we are. It's CD 8 and AF is officially gone, so she is temping again. We went one wonderful hike and swim today, and our one year anniversary is this week, so we're really just enjoying life and doing TTC things as they come up.

Good luck to everyone who is in the wait or just about to inseminate. Don't give up until AF arrives! 13 DPO is still early; most HPT are not accurate until the day of the missed period. Just one more reason we have decided never to test early!

Tags
Trying To Conceive , Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page