Queer Conceptions--September 2012 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-31-2012, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to September! dust.gifHere we go!!!!

kid.gif
PLEASE PUT YOUR UPDATES IN BOLD!

Waiting to O whistling.gif

*SanDiego78

*easttowest

*outdoorsy

*erinTNgirl

*fmorris28

*hoping2bmoms

*JustAnotherJenny

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW fingersx.gif

*invitnconceptn

*cordelia15

*scorpioma

*pokeyAC

Working on IVF makebabe.gif

*kgulbransen

Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be Ready wool.gif

*sotohana

*mrsandmrs

*MonkCP

*lovestreet13

*HeatherandKim

*mandalin79

*Photo Girl

*2justicemamas

*twinkleeyes

*justrose13 & JenMostOften

*Granite

*MrsPP

*wannabmomkt

*rs11

*Amt1015

*darthtunaqueen

*esenbee2

*TineyDreams

*Gellybeangrl

2012 Graduates!
babyf.gif
September *Wishin'&hopin' carrot.gif *lisedea carrot.gif *Tandy401 carrot.gif
August *thenewzero banana.gif*KnittingTigers banana.gif *TaraL banana.gif
July *Cananny broc1.gif
May *mtnlisa joy.gif
April *nosreves carrot.gif
March *SkyandTru banana.gif *JuneBug banana.gif
February *MidwifeStephPDX broc1.gif *SouthernBelle24 broc1.gif
January *Planet joy.gif *Dandylez joy.gif

2011 Graduates!
December * DesertSunsets
November * Aljm41910
October * Vienna79 * KSDoulaMama *Pleasantlyfurious *SwtRainbowBrite * Go_Vegan
September * Smilingsara * Ad Astra * Mumquest
August *Prettyisa
July * Onemommyonemama * Southern Fried Karma
June * CrystalPerez * Qmama42
May * KellySF
April * want2bmumx2 * Indigoscot & DP
March * Graceie * Seraf * 2ezforyou *Mommy55
February * Escher 10/24/11 *SharriKitColorado* DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel 10/2/11

2010 Graduates!
November * Mizyellow 7/25/11 * AmyPDX 7/30/11 * AmandaHope 8/3/11 * Cejae 7/4/11
September * Solejean 5/19/11 * Painefaria 6/5/11
August * Bttrflygypsy 4/10/11 * 2happymamas 4/15/11 * LibraryLady 4/15/11
July * Beastie 3/21/11 * Gumshoegirl007 4/2/11 * Wehrli 4/1/11
June * Coco & DP 2/14/11
May * Burg 2/4/11 * Korey 2/1/11
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama & DP
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!
December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot's dp
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

I couldn't get the charts to roll over--if you would like yours back on, please send me your specific link. Sorry about that!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Old 09-01-2012, 05:36 AM

lurk.gif Thanks for the shiny new board Lisedea!  Hopefully this will be for the month for EVERYONE...how's that for crossing our fingers!

Soto--all of that sounds VERY promising :)  

AFM--nothing to report really, we test on Tuesday...which is our 8 year wedding anniversary (we've been together 10!).  

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

Old 09-01-2012, 09:50 AM

Indeed Lisedea, TY for the new thread!! Hoping for BFP's for all this month. Seems like the days are actually moving along :)

Wishin, Congrats on the Anniversary! We've got a couple of months until our 4th! Best of luck to you two! Babydust your way!

AFM~ AF...Show yourself! shine.gif

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 09-01-2012, 10:04 AM

Smiley face on the OPK. Sperm arriving by noon. Let's do this thing.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Yeah September!  Thanks for the new thread.  I O'd the other day so my break is half over.  I hope our luck continues this month.  Last month was pretty amazing.

Cordelia - I am a big stalker/lurker on most of the TTC forums on here.  Where it is appropriate to jump in, I do refer people to join other threads.  I have also directed people towards the hetero threads.  It's kind of like being a cruise director.  orngbiggrin.gif  Just spreading the love.

sotohana - Sounds good to me!

mrs - Welcome back on the TTC crazy train!  Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:06 AM

GOOD LUCK! dust.gif

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

Old 09-01-2012, 11:23 AM

Lise--Thanks for the new thread. I hope it's lucky! smile.gif

Easttowest-- GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Wishin-- Happy anniversary!

AFM-- the 2 week wait begins tomorrow....

Old 09-01-2012, 06:48 PM

Hello - this is my first time posting here. Does anyone have any research or personal experience with doing 1 IUI versus 2 per cycle with frozen sperm?  My RE doesn't recommend 2 per cycle, but some midwives and sperm banks do.  I'm 42 and we're considering doing 2/cycle to maximize our chances with whatever eggs I have left. But given how much each vial costs, we don't want to do 2 if it doesn't really make a difference. 

Also, my partner and I are trying to decide between a few midwives in the SF Bay Area to do IUI's for us. Does anyone have experience working with Sara Flores (who would do it at her office at Sacred Birth Place in Oakland because we live too far for her to travel), Michelle Edgar/At Home Fertility or Michelle Borok/Take Root (both of whom would come to our home for an extra fee).  Sara Flores charges about a third of the price of the other two, even after you subtract the others' travel fee. I haven't been able to find many reviews of their services online.  Thanks for your help!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hey, all. Can I join on this month's thread? I wasn't planning to start insperminating until early next year, but I might be traveling to Chicago (KD's hometown) for work in November around O-time, and since we're doing this long-distance, it makes sense to take advantage of a free trip to get the proverbial party started. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) to be able to keep things DIY and out of the doctor's office, though "god laughs at those who make plans" and all that.

I had a two hour talk with KD over Skype this week, talking about potential issues and concerns, and we're definitely on the same page, which is good. Even though we've discussed this seriously for the last year or so, I was nervous that he'd decide he wasn't so ready, or that it was going to be too much of a hassle on his end (he'll be doing most of the traveling, since he's ABD and can write his dissertation here), or that he actually thought I would be a terrible mother and didn't want me raising his kid.

So, yeah, he's in. We're not going to be co-parenting, but we're close friends, so he'll have a relationship with the kid, as will his family, and he'll probably be "Dad." I know it can be tricky, but I've always been a fan of the concept of queer chosen families. J is already part of mine, and we both want to make that family bigger.

I also have a preconception appointment on Tuesday with a midwife from the birthing center 30 mins away from me that has a good reputation for low-intervention natural childbirth. (I'm considered high-risk and can't do a homebirth here in VT, sadly.) It seems premature to be thinking about birthing before I even start TTC, but I need to change some medications that I'm on and get some testing done, so I figure it's a good chance to vet them and get that stuff done at the same time.

So, I may still be waiting 3+ months, but we're pretty full speed ahead starting now.

I actually have a couple of questions for all you more experienced queer TTC-ers:

Medical stuff: I want KD to get a full semen analysis and some of the other non-STD tests that are recommended preconception. (He has STD testing regularly, as he's in an open relationship, but I've read that CMV and a couple other things are good to test for.) Has anyone with a KD done this? Where would he actually go to get it done? (I called Planned Parenthood and they said they didn't do it.) Does he need to go to a fertility clinic? Any idea how much a semen analysis is, or if his insurance is likely to cover it? (I'm sure he doesn't have fertility coverage, but would this be considered diagnostic?)

Legal stuff: We know it wouldn't be legally binding pretty much anywhere, but we would like to talk with someone with experience in queer family law, rather than just doing an ad hoc agreement/KD contract on our own. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find such a person/organization? (I'll be raising any kid here in VT, so it makes sense that we would work with someone local, but someone in Chicago would be okay as well.) Or any other thoughts about KD agreements based on your experiences?

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
Old 09-01-2012, 11:18 PM

lise thanks for starting the new thread...can you please move me to the tww

Morris what state are you in??

Fillie welcome sounds like everyone's on the same page here's to hoping that you can have an early insem and a bfp not far behind may your stay be short and sweet

Ib my RE told me there was minimal difference between one insem or two but hey I say 2 well timed insems are always better than 1 ;-)

Pokey when will you be joining us again after ad shows up??

East to west looks like we are cycle buddies

Wishin sending positive happy anniversary vibes your way

Afm. Well after a bunch of confusion I did insems on Thursday which was probably a little early and Friday which was still a little early but it was later in the afternoon and this morning I did see a spike in my temps but no crosshairs(?) yet. I think I have everything crossed

smile.gif Me - 34 TTC#1 as a SMBC...after a 2 year break. treehugger.gif Embracing all things "crunchy" treehugger.gif
Old 09-02-2012, 05:25 PM

fille - i think a SA runs about $150-$250 and usually it's out of pocket. i think a fertility clinic or urologist could probably help, but sometimes you have to call around. it's really a test worth doing, before you sink too much time and money into something that's not going to work out. have you read the stephanie brill book about lesbian conception? she talks about preconception testing and KD stuff and might answer a lot of your questions. 

it sounds like we have a lot of people in the tww ! fingers crossed for all of you. 

pokey, i'm glad you're halfway thru your break! 

AFM can i be moved to taking a break please? egads, this morning i went in to get my CD 3 ultrasound and bloodwork, but they found a 35 mm cyst on my left ovary. my left ovary has been such a pain - in every cycle i have ovulated on the right side while the left just sat, twiddling its thumbs. now it's got this cyst that's so big I have to go on birth control to see if it will resolve itself. we can't stim if it's over 30 so... i'm benched again. i can only hope that it's somehow a good sign - like the 3 months of metformin work up the ovary and now at least it's trying to do something, even if it's doing it wrong. anyway, i am terribly disappointed to be starting birth control today instead of follistim. it's a good thing our kid spent the day with his other parent so we could sit around and process feelings all day. argh. just another reminder of how much we can't control. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
Old 09-02-2012, 06:04 PM

hoping2b, I'm in Arkansas smile.gif

Old 09-02-2012, 07:52 PM

Mr and mrs I'm so sory to hear your having to take time off. Maybe tho it's a good thing to know at least that that left overy is doing something albeit frustrating. Hope your brake is a short one

smile.gif Me - 34 TTC#1 as a SMBC...after a 2 year break. treehugger.gif Embracing all things "crunchy" treehugger.gif
Old 09-03-2012, 11:14 AM

Could we be moved to waiting to know, please?

She is not going to pee on anything until September 17. And since you all are the only people in the world I talk to about ttc, you have to hold us to that. You have my permission to yell at me if I come back with any reports of test results!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:22 AM

Eastowestt, best of luck to you two!! Fingers crossed! And keep those sticks dry until the 17th!! smile.gif

Old 09-03-2012, 12:00 PM

mrsandmrs: so sorry to hear about your cyst-- i hope it resolves speedily. 

hoping and easttowest: we are cycle buddies and will be braving the tww together. I, too, will try to refrain from POAS until mid-month... 

(can I be moved to waiting to know as well?) 

hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing labor day. 

Old 09-03-2012, 04:25 PM

So, two nights ago DW informed me that she didn't think she was pregnant...oh well, guess that's it then...especially since she has had fewer symptoms then some of our tries.

Then, today, 13 dpo, we decided to go ahead and have her take a pregnancy test.  Figured we'd prefer to get a negative tonight so that we wouldn't wake up incredibly early to test tomorrow.  So, at 5:30p she took a pregnancy test.  

Once again...we assumed it would be negative.  

Then, within 15 seconds, a second line showed up.  

A dark one...didn't even have to squint.

Yup BFP.

The first beta hcg will be tomorrow...and we have everything crossed (we've both had early miscarriages).  

Wow.  Just, WOW.  

So, this cycle we ONLY did one IUI (we'd done two every other cycle) and it was at 39 hours post trigger.

Wow. 

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

Old 09-03-2012, 04:42 PM

Wishin: WOW!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! SO EXCITING AND INSPIRING. joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Old 09-03-2012, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats wishin'! joy.gif Let me know when you would like me to move you to graduates!

Old 09-03-2012, 05:12 PM

wishing CONGRATS CONGRATS . 

easttowest.  .YAY< so glad you got your OPK on time and sperm on time!  I hope this is it for you! 

tandy and hoping. . GOOD LUCK. . 

fillefantome. . welcome and hope your first try works out. . we have a KD we have not done a SA for yet and think we need to. . 

AFM. . I guess I can be moved to waiting to O though I am really still in Waiting For Flow   since it feels like that needs to come first even though we did not try this cycle. . well we did "try" just unfortunately we tried without sperm nut.gif  spent the weekend looking at my very pregnant SIL too which made me preggo-jealous. . 

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

Old 09-03-2012, 05:27 PM

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.giftreehugger.gif wishin&hopin treehugger.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif. Stick little bean stick

Old 09-03-2012, 07:41 PM

Wishin, Wow!!!! Congrats to you two!!!! That's so exciting!!!!

Old 09-03-2012, 08:07 PM

Wishin! Yayayayayayayayayayayayayaayayayayayayaya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:26 PM

Hello everyone! I hope you had a nice holiday weekend.  Our update - went to the dr on cd3 for a u/s, all looked OK and we had 8 follies...tonight is the last night my wife takes 200 mg of Clomid, and we're back to the dr on cd12 for a u/s and most likely trigger that day, followed by iui next day but we'll see.... hoping this is our lucky month! try # 3... and 3 is my lucky #. ;)

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

Old 09-03-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin'&hopin' View Post

So, two nights ago DW informed me that she didn't think she was pregnant...oh well, guess that's it then...especially since she has had fewer symptoms then some of our tries.

Then, today, 13 dpo, we decided to go ahead and have her take a pregnancy test.  Figured we'd prefer to get a negative tonight so that we wouldn't wake up incredibly early to test tomorrow.  So, at 5:30p she took a pregnancy test.  

Once again...we assumed it would be negative.  

Then, within 15 seconds, a second line showed up.  

A dark one...didn't even have to squint.

Yup BFP.

The first beta hcg will be tomorrow...and we have everything crossed (we've both had early miscarriages).  

Wow.  Just, WOW.  

So, this cycle we ONLY did one IUI (we'd done two every other cycle) and it was at 39 hours post trigger.

Wow. 

Hooray!!! Congratulations!! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!! joy.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 09-03-2012, 09:09 PM

Augh!  I had a post and my computer ate it.

Wishin: CONGRATS!!!  Stick little bean!  Or go if you're no good (we've changed our motto in our house, it's stick if you're healthy, go if you're not).

Mrs: I'm sorry to hear about the cyst.  I hope the birth control works out well for you and that you can resume your regularly scheduled program shortly.

Fille: welcome!  As someone who wasted an ENTIRE YEAR doing insems with a KD who had a totally wonky morphology, make sure you get not only a count and analysis, BUT ALSO A MORPHOLOGY.  We thought we had got a morphology done before we started, but apparently not.  After 8 rounds of BFNs, we got KD to do another analysis, and his morphology was 100% abnormal (ie, not a single sperm of the 41 million in his count was normal).  You need to know how many sperm are there, if they can swim (motility) and what they look like (morphology).  I was surprised to learn that a normal morphology of 6+% was perfectly acceptable.  So the fact that our donor couldn't even make ONE BLOODY SPERM that wasn't a wacko was a huge huge huge disappointment.  The usual STD screening applies.  CMV status is important for YOU to know.  If you are CMV reactive (ie, you've been exposed to CMV at some point in your life) then it really doesn't make a big difference what your donor is.  If you are CMV negative, then your donor MUST be screened for CMV, AND he must be negative, otherwise CMV will make you very sick and will do crazy bad things to the fetus (you may even lose it).  So, take it from someone who is now reeling after wasting such a vast amount of time, get the testing done NOW, get it sorted and squared away.  All of this testing should be able to be done through your family doctor.

As for titles, our lawyer told us that if our kids called their KD "dad", if he ever went to court to seek custody, their calling him "dad" establishes a pre-existing parental-like relationship that can be enough evidence for you to lose full custody.  Our donor would've been called "Auntie KD", since he's a big flaming fag, and that was OK.  But "dad"?  No way.  In our province, children still have the right to a mother and a father, and if mama is a homo and her partner is non-bio mama, then they aren't considered the child's legal parents.  It's about to change, but in the meantime it's what we've got!  

AFU: So, just when we thought we had our ducks in a row, we got socked in the face again.  DW developed appendicitis on Friday and went for emergency surgery early Saturday morning.  Augh!  It's just one thing after the other!  She's now got a minimum of 6 weeks to wait before we can do anything, but she would like to push her fibroid surgery back until possibly after Christmas, in order to give her body a chance to recover and heal.  I just don't know, I feel like we're wasting a considerable amount of time while her body goes absolutely bat shit crazy (2 major inflammatory crisis in two years?  I think something's wrong, that we're doing something wrong, or not doing enough.).  I keep turning over in my head how we could flip and I could be the one to get pregnant, unfortunately I would have to go back to work well before my mat leave was over, and that would make me really really sad.  But, for the moment she's healing nicely.  It's just frustrating.  thanks for letting me vent!!

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:29 AM

Thanks everyone!  We are super excited and another pregnancy test this morning confirmed that for now we are still getting to enjoy the BFP!  

Soto--these things seem to come in waves around here, hope you're riding the wave w/ us soon...

Darth--that sucks, I hope DW recovers and heals quickly so that you can resume trying...and I hope that the "what if" fairy stops plaguing you...

Old 09-04-2012, 07:13 AM

Wishin, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifThat is just so fabulous! Hoping for a happy and healthy nine months!

Darth, sorry you're having so many obstacles. Big hugs to you and your partner.

mrsandmrs, I can only imagine how wrong it must feel to take birth control when what you want is to be knocked up. Fingers crossed that this is quickly resolved. Also, I don't think I realized that you guys have an older child already.

easttowest, sounds like you nailed the timing! Fingers crossed for a BFP!

Welcome to all the newcomers, and fingers crossed to everyone else in the wait!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Old 09-04-2012, 08:04 AM

Yay Wishin'! Congrats to you!biggrinbounce.gif

Wow - I have missed a lot by going away for the weekend. Sorry I am way behind on personals. Hello to the new people!

Believe it or not, I am finally in a TWW after insemming yesterday! Lise, thank you for the new thread, and please move me to Waiting to Know. It was a crazy mess -- away for the weekend for our anniversary, we did our u/s on the way out, and the doc was supposed to call my cell and tell me when to trigger, but she called home, which I didn't know because I forgot how to check the home messages from the road. So I had to call the answering service and get the on-call doc to call me from her home with my results, which she was able to look up by computer. She said trigger b/w 8 and 10 pm, then insem between 8 and 10 am 36 hours later, which was Labor Day.... My midwife's office where I was doing the insem only had coverage for the afternoon for Labor Day, so they moved heaven and earth to get someone to open the office in the morning. Wow to that. We are still trying to exhale. We have high hopes, I have to admit, because this was my first time using the trigger.

Fille: Back when we had a KD, we wrote an agreement, but we knew it wasn't legally binding. I talked to a lawyer familiar with lesbian issues, and she said that in Mass., bio dads can't give up their parental rights until three days after the birth. So she would have gone to court to accomplish that, and then my wife would have to "adopt" the child, though she said it would be a fairly simple matter of paperwork and not a home visit, etc. I found the lawyer by Googling things like gay and lesbian bar association, second parent adoption attorney, and that sort of stuff. You may have to call more than one to find one who's really knowledgable on the subject (I did).

babyf.gif... due in late June.

Tags
Trying To Conceive , Pregnancy
User Tag List