2WW Challenge. . Fun Challenges to do to take your mind off the wait. . - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 09-22-2012, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay so i need something to distract myself from the 2WW so I thought it would be fun to do something different each day and see what happens. . so I will either post a challenge (or am happy to have other people do it) and then report back!  Anyone game?  So for Sunday's challenge. . do something nice for a stranger. . depending on what you would like to do this could be a nice comment, buying someone or giving someone a small thing etc. . however you interpret this, even how you interpret stranger!  

Oh and this could be the 2WW if you are waiting to O too. . no one is out!  

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#2 of 14 Old 09-23-2012, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, so I did my challenge for the day and it was fun.  I went to an event and we had a bunch of ice cream shakes left over from our party so I took the leftovers, (about ten of them) and handed them out to strangers on the street.  It was kind of odd to just approach people but then kind of fun.  I gave it to this one family of five who were selling mango on the street and the kids were so happy and then a bunch of other people.  It was pretty nice.  

#3 of 14 Old 09-25-2012, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I think this is a great idea Cordelia, and I'm glad it turned out so well.  On Sunday, I baked cookies for a bake sale at work, and I gave some of them to the people I work with.  They were very appreciative.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#4 of 14 Old 09-25-2012, 04:43 PM

How's it going, Cordelia? I have an idea for a challenge: Call someone you love and haven't talked to in a long time. Of course, since this is supposed to be fun, it should not be someone with whom your relationship is strained in any way.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#5 of 14 Old 09-25-2012, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

pokey. . that's great.  What kind of cookies did you make?  

outdoorsy. ., I love that idea, let's make that the next one, I was going to post another and then just kind of thought no one was into it and didn't need to make it a thread about me, but I'm happy you are on board. . so I will try to do that tomorrow and will think about who I want to call tonight! 

#6 of 14 Old 09-25-2012, 05:55 PM

So far, I am 3DPO and already crazy! Ha!

I love this idea and it makes me feel like I am not alone and crazy... Like today, I spoke to a nurse at the Dr.'s office about which kinds of pregnancy tests are more effective and had her explain the hormones to me!  And I looked at my Fertility Friend chart at least 800 times. All this WHILE I am attending classes, making dinner and cleaning the house. I need a better option! :)

Tomorrow I will start looking up possible OBs and different types of care. Maybe that will add to the craziness!

Good luck everyone with 2ww!!

me (28) married to dp (30) + 2 dog fur-kids!  TTC our first baby!  baby.gif

BFP in 2009: still grieving my loss

4 tries so far (two with frozen, two with KD): all BFN

#7 of 14 Old 09-25-2012, 05:56 PM

I forgot to list my task!

I will do something kind for someone at work! Maybe lots of things :)

#8 of 14 Old 09-27-2012, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Well I tried to make my call to an old friend but only got an answering machine. . still felt nice to reach out.  It was one of my really good college friends I have not spoken to in forever!  Hopefully we will connect at some point! 

Any one have an idea of a challenge for the day? 

#9 of 14 Old 09-27-2012, 12:59 PM

I talked to my sister the other day.  I hadn't talked to her for a while.  Our relationship has been strained, so I did not follow the challenge exactly.  It was a nice light conversation.  It was nice to talk to her and catch up.  Now if she and her husband could just stop being so uptight about the gay thing we would be all good.

#10 of 14 Old 09-27-2012, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

pokey, I think that totally counts as the challenge, it's in the spirit of it.  that must be hard to have a sister who is uptight about your life choices, I am pretty lucky with my family in general and very lucky with my sister who is married to a woman and each went through making babies with donors so I really feel so fortunate there.  I hope your sister eases up as time goes by! 

#11 of 14 Old 09-27-2012, 02:24 PM

My other sisters and my parents are totally cool.  But my one sister's kids don't seem to know who my wife is and they don't refer to her as an aunt.  I live on the other side of the country so I don't have to deal with it directly very much.  The other kids call my wife aunt and she loves it.  I was skyping with my family recently, and my nephew said "Hi Aunt S"! but didn't say hi to me.  I seem to be having the opposite issue there.  He is all about Aunt S.  lol.gif

#12 of 14 Old 09-28-2012, 10:52 AM

My nice thing for someone today was also a nice thing that made me really uncomfortable - so I'm giving myself bonus points for getting out of my comfort zone.  I got a coffee and was walking back to work, and I passed a bunch of homeless kids (I assume "homeless by choice" or "travelers" as they call themselves - they are abundant in this city).  One girl called out and asked for a sip of my coffee.  I was really looking forward to my coffee, I haven't been sleeping well, and I needed it to focus at work.  I would have just given her a dollar, but I didn't have one.  So I poured out some of my coffee into her cup, and she was so happy.  I still got to enjoy most of my coffee, and it was worth it to give up that sip to someone who really needed a warm drink.  I don't tend to give those kids anything because they can be really rude and generally just sit around smoking pot, but they're humans, too, and it is pretty cold outside today, so I'm glad I could help in a tiny way.  I hope the universe returns my karma, or however that works.

Cordelia, how's your two weeks going?  You must be almost there!

#13 of 14 Old 09-30-2012, 06:56 AM

Finished week 1 of the tww!

AGHHH!

Haha. 

#14 of 14 Old 10-01-2012, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to update. . I did end up having that phone conversation with my old friend and it was so wonderful .. so thanks again Outdoorsy for that idea. . it was one of the highlights of my week if not my month! 

maybe one more challenge. . find a piece of writing that used to mean a lot to you and re-read part of it. . or all if it's short (poem, quote, essay, children's book) . . how do you feel about it now?  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page