EMERGENCY REQUEST: shipping styrofoam boxes?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-28-2012, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Why is this process so stressful?!

We ordered two kits to be sent to my brother, but they were both sent with one styrofoam shipping box (to insulate everything during shipping).  He sent back the one, but he didn't realize he'd need another one.  Where can he buy such a thing by Monday??  I would ship him back the one we have, but he won't get it in time.  Ack!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 02:40 PM

Walmart in the section with coolers? Good luck.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 09-28-2012, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, seraf.  Clearly my first post was overly panicked, but I hate inconveniencing him even further, so asking him to find a shipping box is so annoying.  But I'll definitely suggest a cooler from Walmart.  Since he's shipping overnight, just wrapped in newspaper would probably suffice for insulation, but of course it's thrown me off and made me worried we're screwed.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:31 PM

does he have the coolant thing and just need the shipping thing?  I would ship him one of ours overnight tomorrow but I know the freezer things need to be frozen for 24 hours before they will stay frozen, that said, the freezer things are easy enough to buy.  If you are in a jam I can do that but it would probably cost a lot.  Can you find anything on Amazon? 

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

Old 09-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Old 09-28-2012, 05:35 PM

fed ex or UPS might also have them but he would have to have a ready lie about what he is shipping. . . but I know a lot of places will have them to mail food items, like chocolate for example

Old 09-28-2012, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Cordelia - All he needs is the styrofoam container, like a cooler or whatever.  I guess we ordered two kits, and Leland shipped the supplies for two in one container, even though we need to ship twice very quickly.  (Or my brother lost one, he seems unclear on the details, so I don't want to throw around blame.)  Thank you so much for offering to ship, and I would take you up on it, but I doubt there's anything we can do to get it to him by tomorrow at this point (he needs to ship one out again on Monday morning).  Worse case scenario, he'll just wrap it up in newspaper.  That should be decent enough insulation for overnight.  I'm just hopeful that everyone seems to get pregnant on the one time when everything seemed to go wrong, so maybe that's what's happeneing here.  Or maybe we'll insem tomorrow, and she'll ovulate on Sunday, and we won't need Tuesday.  

Sigh.

Cordelia, where are you located?  (You can PM me if you don't want to say on the boards.)

ETA: Wow, that's for looking that stuff up for me!  Unfortunately, nothing is going to get to him by tomorrow, it's too late.  I checked with FedEx, and they don't sell insulated boxes.  Oh well.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:50 PM

that is effed up he only sent one shipping thing, he has always mailed them separately for us.  I am in New York.  I think newspaper with a cooler thing would be fine. . and just put it in a box, I bet you could also wrap tinfoil around it too which might conduct cold (I am basing this on nothing!)    

and no problem on looking stuff up, it was really simple and having just gone through a lot of stress on a very similar situation I know very much how it feels so am happy to help. . 

good luck.  and here's to getting knocked up when everything goes wrong. . 

Old 09-28-2012, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

I would think any cheap cooler you can fit a six pack in would be great.  Maybe from a liquor store or wine store.  Walmart would probably work just fine too.  My neighbors must get shipments of meat because I often see these coolers in their trash that look just like the ones the sperm bank uses.  I have often thought of stealing them just in case.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

I just want to say you guys are all amazing. I went from totally panicked to mostly ok... And then to kind of drunk, but back to ok, and in no small part because this community is here to be reasonable when I am just all crazy. Awesome. Whatever will be will be.

User Tag List