Queer Conceptions - October 2012 - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 394 Old 10-18-2012, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Outdoorsy: on iPhone so sorry no flashy dancing smilies just yet- I will be back with that. I would like to say though I'm so so so excited for you. You are pregnant- does it still feel surreal? It sounds like all the crazy doctor office experiences you had were part what was supposed to happen to bring u to here. I've appreciated all ur thoughts and wisdom u provided here. Although u so deserve to move to the Graduate list I will be sad to see u go. It's like all my friends I've known in the past year have moved on to the next grade level without me. I will be right behind u soon enough.

Pokey: thanks for ur special thought about having too much hope and not enough faith. I totally got it on a visceral level when I read it....what I've been experiencing over the past two years was put so aptly into no finer words. Thanks for all ur input too over the past year. Perhaps some day when u come home for a visit we can get together for a play date with our babies smile.gif

Shpinxy: I'm so sorry about ur AF. It never feels right. I hope u can indulge in some real tlc this weekend.

Jenny and fmorris: fx for u two still to be next lucky winners this month.

Thanks so much for channeling ur energy and good vibes to getting me off the island. Pokey was right I do need to examine my faith and get grounded in my inner truth. Last night laid in bed reading inspirational quotes from pema chodren - Buddhist monk. Amazing. Goddess bless each and everyone of u - I don't know where I'd be without u.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 394 Old 10-18-2012, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Sphinxy: Blah, so sorry.  :(  Your month is just around the corner, I am sure.

Jenny and fmorris: So much hope for you two.  

erin: I don't want to graduate you without your permission, but I think you're ready.  ;)

#273 of 394 Old 10-18-2012, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY OUTDOORSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gif

What a (couple of) week(s).

Invitn, I loved what you wrote about your campaign: I'm a full believer, and am indeed sending out messages for that little soul to come home to you and your DP.

And E2W is right: Erin, with a beta like that, it really is looking like graduation day!

Hi, everyone else! wave.gif

AFM: My blood work still shows me no where close to O'ing, and I'm feeling pretty okay with that: Impatient, but trying to just accept the amazing strangeness that is my body and this whole baby-making project. The alternative is insomniacal googling, and that way, my friends, lays madness!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#274 of 394 Old 10-19-2012, 05:17 AM

easttowest: Yes I can graduate! But I'm still being cautious wink1.gif

DPO 18/19 today and no period which is really awesome and weird!
I'm telling my family this weekend and we are so nervous bc my sister
is also pregnant (7 months). My other sister is getting married Saturday,
so I don't want to steal the thunder but I can't wait much longer!
#275 of 394 Old 10-19-2012, 08:27 AM

jenny - thanks. keep the faith - it's still early. fx for you.

granite - well, that's a great attitude. sending you patient thoughts.

fmorris - fx fx fx... how are you feeling this morning??

afm - i work from home, which today means working from bed. rain today matches my mood. weather looks great this weekend, planning on spending some time in nyc sunday with some friends which should help. our next step is to start planning for our november iui. thinking we might interview a traveling midwife who does iui at home so that we don't have to go to my midwife's office next time. also considering two insems a day or so apart. it's a hard choice, because it feels like potentially wasting all that money on sperm if it doesn't work. anyone else have thoughts on multiple insems per cycle?

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#276 of 394 Old 10-19-2012, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

sphyinxy - I'm so sorry to hear about your BFN.  hug2.gif Lying in bed in the rain sounds perfect.  We used a midwife who came to our home, and it was really great.  She also advised us on timing the IUI's.  We did 2 IUI's each cycle.  Since a lot of folks have gotten pregnant doing only 1, I can't say for sure which is best, but doing 2 increases your odds of having the sperm there at the right time, especially if you aren't doing a trigger shot or you can't pinpoint your O time precisely.  We tried to do them 12 hours apart, but it didn't always work out that way.  The 2 times I got pregnant we did not do them exactly 12 hours apart, it was more and that worked out fine.  One way the midwife helped was she could tell by looking at my cervix if I had ovulated yet.  That may help you determine your timing along with your other signs.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#277 of 394 Old 10-19-2012, 09:23 AM

Hi everyone!

I think I'm 8dpo ( we inseminated last Thursday) and don't feel any symptoms but who knows. Should I be? I'm pretty easy going since this our first try. YAY for everyone with those BFP's !!! So who's on the same cycle? When are you testing and what test do you prefer? I have a really big party to Dj Friday and AF due same day so if no BFP at least I'll be able to have a couple drinks and not be so bummed . FX for the next group of us testing!

#278 of 394 Old 10-19-2012, 11:25 AM

hi everyone - we had an interesting evening last night with the progesterone suppositories (crinone gel)  this may be TMI, but my wife experience a major build up and wasn't able to use the application last night.... has anyone experienced this? looks like it's common, but we had no idea this may happen.

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#279 of 394 Old 10-19-2012, 02:18 PM

hey everyone!

WOW, congratulations Outdoorsy!! biggrinbounce.gif

I was just going back and reading some posts and saw that you said you had cramps for awhile and thought it was af on its way... Just goes to show we don't ever know! 

So many pregnancies in this group, it makes me feel really grateful and excited for my next try which will be...

Probably on the 28th and 29th!

We just ordered sperm today. A new donor, using a new bank, too. Just for good mojo! I am feeling pretty positive about this.

Anyone else on here doing ICI inseminations at home? 

Ready to go! Chart has been consistent and we learned a LOT last month looking at my cervix and actually seeing the fertile stages over the days. 

Last month was sort of disaster in the too-early timing and anxiety, our first try. 

Thanks for all your updates, everyone. This is such an uplifting group!

me (28) married to dp (30) + 2 dog fur-kids!  TTC our first baby!  baby.gif

BFP in 2009: still grieving my loss

4 tries so far (two with frozen, two with KD): all BFN

#280 of 394 Old 10-19-2012, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

scorpioma - Good luck!  I know Tandy used frozen sperm and at-home ICIs (or IVIs, not sure).  And she's now happily pregnant (after I think only two tries)!  So glad to here you are getting in the groove of things and see last month as a learning experience.

#281 of 394 Old 10-19-2012, 03:39 PM

Scorpioma, I worked with a clinic this time, but when I got pregnant with my daughter I did at-home IUIs and ICIs with frozen sperm from TSBC. I got pregnant twice out of six tries (one miscarriage). The two things that seemed to make a difference were good timing (I think with my IUIs I aimed for 18 and 36 hours after a positive OPK), and high sperm count. Both times I got pregnant, it was with donors with counts over 45 million (one was 69 mil!), and all of my non-pregnant tries were counts around 20-25 million. My first pregnancy happened with just one vial (20 hours post OPK, maybe?), but for the second I used two.

For most of these tries, we were attempting IUIs, but I don't think the catheter always made it all the way in, so I'm pretty sure that some of them (including the first pregnancy, which was also our first try!) were actually ICIs.

Hope this is helpful! Good luck!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#282 of 394 Old 10-19-2012, 03:57 PM

E2W, Sphinxy, Jenny, Invitin, Well...Lots of Red this morning :( followed by a breakdown into tears on the bathroom floor. Didnt even get a chance to test before AF came into town. Havent stopped bleeding nor cramping all day which leads meeh to believe there's no hope left for this cycle. ......Feeling pretty low, nd it sucks bc mye eyes are STILL swollen!

AFM, Strike 2....im outWhat a great way to end the TWW greensad.gif

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#283 of 394 Old 10-19-2012, 05:25 PM

one of my friends on facebook posted this quote today. good timing for me and fmorris:

‎"One's best success comes after their greatest disappointments.”  -Henry Ward Beecher

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#284 of 394 Old 10-19-2012, 06:23 PM

Sphinxy, Awwwh!! Thanks!! It will just make our victories all the more sweeter. Quite inspired. Thank you.

AFM, still feeling pretty crappy..drowning mye sorrow with a mcdonalds chocolate shake with lots of whipped cream nd the cherry, chocolate chip cookies, nd 2 holiday pies.

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

#285 of 394 Old 10-19-2012, 08:47 PM

Scorpio--I agree with Knitting on the importance of high sperm count with at home IUIs! The only time I got pregnant (m/c) when doing it that route was from a donor with a high count. Not that it wouldn't work without (I mean, it only takes one!) but I definitely think it is helpful! Also, most banks will tell you the count before shipping out the sperm to you...just something to keep in mind. (And if they don't, I would be a little suspicious!)

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#286 of 394 Old 10-19-2012, 09:00 PM

morris: I'm sorry that evil witch AF showed up today.  hug2.gifI'm keeping you in my thoughts. 

scorpioma:  Much luck to you!  I hope your BFP comes quickly!

sandiego:  I haven't used that before, but I did some googling and, as you said, it seems to be pretty common.  Sounds really uncomfortable. :-(  Poor DP.

AFM: 11dpo, didn't test this morning, but tested tonight and still negative.  I'm not really feeling too hopeful.  Sorta cramp-y and pressure-y still on and off.  I've never felt more not pregnant.

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#287 of 394 Old 10-20-2012, 07:41 AM

Knitting & Lisedea:

Thanks for the advice!

Did you both use fresh or frozen? We are using frozen (but we are talking to a friend actively about being our donor. We are calling our midwife to schedule an IUI this time, just because we want to increase the chances (so we are ordering one vile of ICI and one vile of IUI sperm this month). 

Also: thank GOD for queer midwives!  wink1.gif

So this month: 

One IUI insemination at midwife's office (or home with her)- IF the sperm bank can change our order from two ICI vials

One ICI insem. at home (really an IVI)

It's really amazing so many of our group have gotten pregnant! So awesome.

fmorris and Sphinxy: you are in my thoughts and heart! glad we have this group for support. hug2.gif

I have a question: how much are people exercising during the insemination process? What have you heard is allowable/good?

xo to all!

scorp

#288 of 394 Old 10-20-2012, 07:43 AM

this might be a stupid question, but how do you get the little info section on your posts at the end?

mine won't show up.

xo

#289 of 394 Old 10-20-2012, 08:04 AM

Scorpio-Scroll all the way to the top and click on your screenname in the right hand corner. When on your page, scroll down to the end of the page until you get to "edit signature" (or something like that).
scorpioma likes this.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

#290 of 394 Old 10-20-2012, 08:50 AM

Need some advise from you wonderful ladies! This is my first month with any kind of med help. My RE put me on 100 mg of Clomid. I took it CD 3-7 which was Oct 9-13, so I took my last dose one week ago today. The last 3 or 4 days I have been having some crazy off and on cramping. Is this normal?! I got my pos opk and well be inseming today after work. I do believe the meds have helped a LOT for the simple fact that my CM is way more EWy then it has ever been and my cervix is *really* open. Its just the cramps are *killing* me! HELP!

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#291 of 394 Old 10-20-2012, 10:02 AM

scorpio - thanks for the thoughts and great question about the exercise! this month was my first insem and i was too nervous to exercise for the first few days. i went back to some light cardio for about 30 min at a time starting 4 dpiui. this is based on absolutely no research, just not wanting to "shake things up" too much - ha! i plan to ask my midwife that question when as we plan for our next attempt - i'll let you know what i hear!

#292 of 394 Old 10-20-2012, 11:07 AM

Amt--Are the cramps near your ovaries? If so, it is probably just the fact that they are extra active (and sensitive!) due to the clomid--I wouldn't worry about it. Also, you could be ovulating now...I found when I was on meds (injectables) my ovulation was more painful. Good luck with your insem! Also, how has your wife been feeling these days?

#293 of 394 Old 10-20-2012, 04:05 PM

Sphinxy, I'm sorry about the BFN... and to both you and Pokey, I'm jealous of your option to have IUIs at home by a traveling midwife! That sounds like it would be so much nicer than fitting in a trip to the clinic... I like my clinic fine, but it's still a very medicalized experience of conception.

SunandEr, I've got a great mental image of you DJing and waving around a test revealing a BFP to the beat of the music. FX for you!

Glad you're full of positive energy, scorpioma! I think it's powerful stuff (and that's why I live in the hippy-rific Pacific Northwest). smile.gif

As for your question about exercise, it's one that's been on my mind too: I work in construction and while some days are pretty low-key, others see me carrying around 12' ladders and hauling a lot of heavy tools and equipment. So while I don't "exercise" often (aside from the occasional jogging kick!), my daily life can be rather hard on my body! However, it's my norm and doesn't stress me, which I believe is the most important thing to making a happy womb for my future babe. My thoughts are that if exercising is already part of your routine and makes you feel good, it shouldn't interfere with the success of your inseminations.

I'm so sorry, fmorris28... AF when you're hoping for a BFP is bad enough, but the cramping is adding insult to injury... Hugs to you.

JustAnotherJenny, my fingers are still crossed for you!

I'm with lisedea, Amt1015: From what I've read/been told, cramps before O'ing but after taking clomiphene are likely to be your ovaries reacting to the drugs. I had a little bit of cramping myself, though I only took 50mg (and it looks like it didn't work after all, since I've yet to drop an egg this cycle!)

AFM: Still in limbo-land, waiting to O... I was talking with a friend about this last night (while cuddling her 3 week old son! Bliss!), and she reminded me of how I've mentioned many times in the past months of planning this first cycle that we're going to try anyway even though the birth timing of a baby conceived now would be extremely inconvenient: Next June, my partner will be working round the clock on a massive conference, and would have a hard time getting away to be with me/us. SO, my friend says, regardless of how excited I am to make a baby, she thinks my body listened and is delaying O on purpose! Hilarious... And maybe true?

Also, for those keeping score on the great vitex vs. clomid debate, my naturapath says NO, they don't interfere with each other... But also that like with most fertility stuff, there's so little research it's hard to know for sure.

#294 of 394 Old 10-20-2012, 06:12 PM

sassy -- clomid made my ovaries feel like massive steel balls for several days before i ovulated.  it actually hurt to laugh, and i was walking doubled over because of the pain.  (the pain was even worse when i did injectables and a trigger.) i bet your girls are just responding well.   you know i've got my fingers and (super swollen) toes crossed hard for you this month.  you need to get your butt over to QP&P ASAP.

granite -- i've heard completely the opposite about agnus-castus (Vitex) and Clomid interacting.  i was also advised not to take the two at the same time.  given how strong both are and given the lack of consensus about possible interactions, i'd be really careful about mixing them.  i took Vitex for several months to try to give myself a natural fertility boost, but it really screwed up my cycles, and i think there are other women on here who have had the same experience. ( i have a deep, personal hatred for Clomid, as well.  it made me super depressed, dried up what little CM i had and thinned my lining to the point where implantation would have been impossible.  Clomid also made me O really late.....)  i don't know what cd you're at now, but if this month ends up being a bust for you, i'd consider just taking the Clomid next time around and seeing if that makes any difference.  when you have your ultrasounds, what's going on with your follicles and lining?  it's still early in the ttc game for you, and if you have known issues, it might take awhile for your docs to work out the right protocol for you.  hang in there and keep the faith!  

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#295 of 394 Old 10-20-2012, 08:07 PM

Jenny, Thanks. Those sure are needed! FX for your cycle!

Scorpio, Most appreciated and I sure am glad we've got it!

Granite, Thank you. And you sure are right, sometimes that AF makes meeh want to just slam her up against the wall nd man handle her!!

AFM, just trying to regroup and figure out what is next.

#296 of 394 Old 10-20-2012, 09:03 PM

Granite:

LOLOLOLOL I literally loved out loud picturing that ! Thanks for the laugh!

#297 of 394 Old 10-21-2012, 10:26 AM

jenny - thanks for researching... we also spoke to our fertility center and they said that is very common complaint of the progesterone gel. we're very close in our cycles.. today we are 10dpo, i'm wishing you lots of luck in the next few days for that BFP

fmorris - sorry to hear about AF and wishing you lots of luck for the next attempt!

amt - my wife had horrible side effects from clomid - cramps, hot flashes and more...hope you feel better!

afm - we are 10dpo, and tested today, BFN ;( I know we still have a chance... but we're both feeling a little down, all signs highly pointed to yes this month - started injectables, great lining, good # follies...good count for the sperm,  please wish us luck.

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#298 of 394 Old 10-21-2012, 10:46 AM

Thanks Sandiego!

AFM, well I stopped bleeding yesterday....WTF. Mye cycles are 4 days flat nd have been every month. So AF shows the 19. Nd then goes the 20th....I'm so confused!

#299 of 394 Old 10-21-2012, 05:05 PM

Implantation bleeding, fmorris28?!!!

#300 of 394 Old 10-21-2012, 05:15 PM

Fmmorris. Get a test! Get a test already! Was it light or heavy bleeding? Like spotting or soak a pad?

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

Tags
Queer Families Common Agendas Gay People Lesbians And Family Values , Ovulens Saliva Ovulation Tester , Fertile Focus Ovulation Microscope , First Response Ovulation Test 7 Test Kit , Manual Of Intrauterine Insemination And Ovulation Induction

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page