Queer Conceptions - October 2012 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 394 Old 10-26-2012, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

thanks SO much everyone...it's been so amazing to see the BFPs on the first response sticks, but the bleeding is very concerning.... right now we're in limbo...waiting on blood results (hope to have today) and we'll take it from there... & have another blood test in the next 2 days. I'm starting to have my doubts, but trying to keep it together and stay positive.

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#362 of 394 Old 10-26-2012, 03:17 PM

Hi all!

I've been out with a dead computer plus a cold, so hibernating all week... So much to catch up on!

2justicemamas, my DP and I have *definitely* been on different pages about when to get going on the baby-making... A year ago, we'd actually been planning to be living in a different city by now, with DP attending graduate school. But then I got hit hard by a wave of hormones that told me if I wanted to get pregnant, I'd need to start ASAP. That, combined with a hard look at our finances and prospects (we were, and are, both fully employed in unionized jobs), and many many MANY long talks later, made us decided to stay put and look into conceiving a child instead. Maybe we're too practical, but that's the approach that brought DP and I together on this issue. I still don't feel like we're fully ready, but I don't think I ever will. The fact that you and your DW are already having long talks is fantastic! And January really is soon.

Welcome.gifto joyseattle and lizbian! May your stay here be short and sweet.

SanDiego78!!! My fingers are crossed for you!!! Baby-dust... goodvibes.gif Stick stick stick!

Scorpioma, your dreams sound hilarious.. Please keep us posted. Also, thanks for agreeing to moderate next month... Threadkeeper's luck!

Sphinxy, I too am very cheap and have only used the cheapie OPKs... But then I'm working with a clinic that monitors me via blood tests and ultrasounds so am not depending on them in the same way you are. As such, I test every day at 10am, and that's it. I get a pretty good fade-in most cycles, except the last when I missed seeing a full dark line. FX that that storm keeps away!

Hi, mrsandmrs! I'm glad to hear you'll have coverage for your fertility adventures at last... That's so excellent.

I think everything does happen for a reason, invitn... But sometimes it's still really f*ing hard, especially when it involves surgery. Hugs to you.

I'm so sorry for the BFNs, SunandEr and fmorris28... Hugs to you as well!

Great betas, outdoorsy!

AFM: Another week, another blood test showing that my hormones are low low low... I'm on CD30, and no sign of O'ing. Even with my longer cycles, this is nuts. Boo! So I'm out for this cycle, and the clinic has a new protocol for me: Birth control pill for two weeks, then once AF comes, 100mg of clomid on CD3-9, followed by an ultrasound on CD15. It sounds like a bit of a rough hormonal trip for my body, but I'm willing to try it. 

I was talking with a friend about how my cycle is suddenly extra-wacky, and she said she isn't surprised, considering the stress I've been under: At the start of my cycle, DP was suddenly hospitalized with what we now know were haemorrhaging uterine fibroids and had to have emergency surgery. I don't know why I didn't share this with you all on here, but I felt really fragile for a little while. It was awful, but she was well taken care of, and is doing really great now. That was the same week that I was taking clomid, so it's also possible that I didn't notice many side effects simply because I was too distracted!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#363 of 394 Old 10-27-2012, 06:28 AM

woke up with killer headache and an even worse sore throat/glands. really concerned about conception. 

can't detect a fever (used my BBT thermom!) but we're headed to the Doc now to get a Strep test and see what we can do...

oh, dear.

please send any thoughts on sickness/conception: good or bad. I just need the truth!

sperm in the closet! what terrible timing to be sick! 

greensad.gif

me (28) married to dp (30) + 2 dog fur-kids!  TTC our first baby!  baby.gif

BFP in 2009: still grieving my loss

4 tries so far (two with frozen, two with KD): all BFN

#364 of 394 Old 10-27-2012, 10:03 AM

NOOOOOO, scorpio! That sounds like what I had last week!

(...Are we all somehow passing around our germs via computer?!)

My only knowledge around illness and conception is that a (straight, partnered) friend of mine got pregnant while very sick with the whooping cough. She didn't intend to, either... Just thought that being so ill would delay ovulation. It didn't! And she now has a healthy 4-your-old kid running around.

What did the doc say?

(Also, get that sperm outta the closet! Out and proud!)

#365 of 394 Old 10-27-2012, 01:16 PM

Hahaha! Now the sperm is in the office, Granite. It's just so unwieldy in the big container!

The Strep test was negative, which is good. I guess I just had a momentary panic that all of my baby dreams would be shot. It seems like everything is going to be just fine. 

#366 of 394 Old 10-27-2012, 02:04 PM

hcg - 13 on 15dpo....low but still early, crossing fingers it sticks!

#367 of 394 Old 10-28-2012, 09:01 AM

Outdoorsy: I missed the part where you needed a NICU?  If there isn't any reason prior to needing to deliver at a hospital with a NICU (high order multiples, gestation less than 35 weeks, known life threatening complication, known immediate surgical need, like Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia or a complex heart condition).  Out of the 45,000 babies born in BC each year, in our massive 64 bed NICU we see about 400-500 of them, and most of those are just premature (like Adair!), so less than 1% of all the babies.  Don't make "hospital has a NICU" your priority!!

Sandiego: congrats on your BFP, hope it sticks.  You could have a vanishing twin bleeding...

Scorpio: BBT thermometers don't work to detect fever (they're not designed for that).  Crack out a regular thermometer if you think you have a fever.

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#368 of 394 Old 10-28-2012, 09:26 AM

scorpio - i hope the tickle in your throat was nothing! i can empathize - coughing through the last bits of my week-long cold today. hopefully it won't screw too much with my cycle!

sandiego - fx for you. stick, stick, stick!

granite - sounds like maybe last cycle just wasn't meant to be. glad to hear your partner is doing better now, and fx for getting your cycle back on track this coming month!

afm - still bracing for this "frankenstorm" in northern nj. i'm on cd11, usually o between cd 16-18, so i ordered the vials to arrive on cd 14 just in case they are delayed a day or two. it's looking more and more likely that we'll be without electricity for at least part of this week. SO glad i requested the tanks to be delivered to me at home and not the midwife's office - this area is prone to serious flooding so it's possible we'll be stuck doing both insems at home. hopefully i can just stay as calm as possible and keep some good baby-making vibes, come what may! FX please that my delivery arrives safely/promptly!

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#369 of 394 Old 10-28-2012, 10:29 AM

YAY Sphinxy: we will be in the 2ww together!

Waiting on a +OPK today, tomorrow or next day! So soon!

my DP has family in NY so we are watching the storm a bit- wow! 

good luck!! What a time for Fed Ex! Keep those swimmers safe!! 

#370 of 394 Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 AM

Sphinxy, wow!  If this one sticks then you'll have a *great* story for your kid.  :D  If not, then you still have a great story!!

Speaking of crazy weather, I'm in Vancouver and so everyone freaked out about the earthquake last night.  It even prompted a whole #prayforcanada and for Justin Bieber's fans to flip their shit (since he's Canadian.... except that his family is in Stratford Ontario, which is just about on the other side of the country from us!).  This morning everyone appears to be OK.  :) Granite, did you feel anything?

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#371 of 394 Old 10-28-2012, 11:57 AM

Nope... Though a friend was at a hockey game in Kitimat and it shook the whole arena: They evacuated for about 20 minutes or so, then went back in for the rest of the game! I was up late working on some sewing projects when I saw the tsunami alert go out across my FB feed, but it was all the north coast... And then the CBC reported that the wave was only about 50 cm high, so I figured we were safe. It's actually a nice, clear, almost sunny day here on the south island!

#372 of 394 Old 10-29-2012, 10:01 AM

Between the hurricane brewing outside and staring at the calendar waiting to see if there's really a baby in there at my Nov. 9 ultrasound, it's hard to concentrate today.

Sphinxy -- Good luck on safe delivery of the sperm, and on your insems! Fingers crossed that everything will work out well for you and result in a BFP. (I can see the baby name list now... "Sandy," "Storm," etc. Here's hoping this is your month!

Darth - Thanks for the reassurance re NICUs. I didn't really know the drill before I started looking into it, but I have an acquaintance who went to a hospital with a NICU "just in case." Hopefully that won't be necessary for me.

To everyone weathering the storm -- literally or figuratively -- GOOD LUCK! Hugs!

Peace.gifPeace.gifPeace.gifPeace.gifPeace.gifPeace.gifPeace.gifPeace.gifPeace.gifPeace.gif

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#373 of 394 Old 10-29-2012, 11:12 AM

Outdoorsy, ditto on the no need for a NICU talk. We lived in Providence when we had DD, and actually chose Memorial in Pawtucket over Women and Infants, even though W&I has a NICU and does most of RI's births. Memorial wasn't as big and shiny, but we had a great experience, and I had exactly the birth that I wanted, which I think might have been harder at a bigger hospital. Good luck!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#374 of 394 Old 10-29-2012, 03:24 PM

OMG - we're going in the right direction! HCG went up 6x since Friday... still a low #, but it's getting higher at the right rate!

#375 of 394 Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Congratulations SanDiego!  That sounds like a great increase!  You must be feeling so relieved.

joy.gifjoy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

joy.gifjoy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#376 of 394 Old 10-29-2012, 04:04 PM

thanks Pokey!!

I have no words for what I'm feeling right now - definitely relieved & mostly in shock.....it's been a roller coaster of a few days....we're SO excited that it's official, and we're out of the 'gray' area!  How are you feeling by the way? thumbsup.gif

#377 of 394 Old 10-29-2012, 04:09 PM

I'm feeling pretty decent.  I have to eat constantly to avoid the nausea, but it seems to be working.  I feel off in some ways and tired but nothing too terrible.  We had our first ultrasound on Thursday and we go to see the little bean with its heartbeat and it was really cool.  How are you feeling?  Symptoms setting in?

#378 of 394 Old 10-29-2012, 04:19 PM

That is so exciting!! Wow your first u/s already, time is flying. ROTFLMAO.gif Congrats again!

Me - I'm a-ok...lol.  My wife is the one that is preg.

I may consider doing so in a year or two! (probably not) redface.gif

#379 of 394 Old 10-29-2012, 04:21 PM

Oops, sorry!  Sometimes I get confused. shy.gif Is your wife feeling ok? 

#380 of 394 Old 10-29-2012, 04:33 PM

So many congratulations SanDiego! AGH!

YAYAYAY!

bouncy.gif

#381 of 394 Old 10-29-2012, 04:58 PM

thank you Scorpio!

Pokey - no worries! Yes, she's feel pretty ok..thanks. ROTFLMAO.gif

#382 of 394 Old 10-30-2012, 06:08 AM

Congratulations to San Diego and your DW!

biggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gif

#383 of 394 Old 10-30-2012, 09:11 AM

Thanks Outdoorsy!  How are you feeling? We're pretty close in schedule, our first u/s appt is 11/28 winky.gif

#384 of 394 Old 10-30-2012, 11:05 AM

Yay Sandiego!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry havent been around in a few its been a hectic week. AF showed so next at home insem somehwere around nov9-14. Could you please move me to waiting to O ? Who will be around the same time as me?
#385 of 394 Old 10-30-2012, 12:02 PM

congrats San Diego, that's great news for you guys, hope it all goes OK from now on ROTFLMAO.gif

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#386 of 394 Old 10-30-2012, 12:17 PM

SanDiego - My symptoms so far are that I'm urinating more often (especially the moment I wake up), tender breasts, and a general feeling of bloating. I have no nausea. How about DW?

SunandEr - Sorry about AF. Best of luck next cycle!

AFM - Doing well over here as far as I know. I'm anxious about the u/s because, on the same day I got my BFP, a good friend of mine told me she was having a miscarriage detected at the first u/s. There was nothing in the sac.

#387 of 394 Old 10-30-2012, 12:39 PM

sorry outdoorsy meant to say good luck for your U/S too smile.gif

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#388 of 394 Old 10-30-2012, 02:56 PM

thank you SunandEr and Lizbian! SunandEr - good luck w/ the next cycle.

Outdoorsy - glad to hear you're feeling well, & I completely understand being anxious about the first u/s.  We only had the pregnancy officially confirmed yesterday and I'm already anxious fot the u/s on 11/28.  DW is feeling pretty OK, but she has been having headaches over the past few days, and she's more tired than usual.

#389 of 394 Old 10-30-2012, 06:41 PM

Just a quick update on my phone, I couldn't resist! Pokey- that is so awesome that you got to hear the heartbeat! It feels so fast... Also, Congrats to SanDiego and better luck next time to SunandEr. November is our month! AFM, we have weathered the storm OK. We are farther inland than all the devastation you are seeing on TV. No electric service or Internet probably for a few days but my dad drove 3 hours to bring us a generator so we could plug in our fridge and a space heater. Already notified by the sperm bank that our FedEx of swimmers will be at least one day late, but they just announce that Newark airport will be open tomorrow so FX that we get it on Thurs. I ordered a little early just in case so we should still be good. But not sure if roads will be passable to get to the midwife's office so I think we might be doing both insems at home! Best wishes to everyone waiting!

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#390 of 394 Old 10-30-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunandEr View Post

Who will be around the same time as me?

I think I will, SunandEr! At least I hope so... Because these delays are driving me nuts!

Congrats, Sandiego!

Tags
Queer Families Common Agendas Gay People Lesbians And Family Values , Ovulens Saliva Ovulation Tester , Fertile Focus Ovulation Microscope , First Response Ovulation Test 7 Test Kit , Manual Of Intrauterine Insemination And Ovulation Induction

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page