Queer Conceptions - October 2012 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-02-2012, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay Cordelia!! Hoping that line gets darker and darker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 AM

Yay Cordelia!!! Fingers crossed for a darkening line!!!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Old 10-02-2012, 10:40 AM

so Holy Crap. . it's official. . ,I took a digital and it said Pregnant!  I am still in shock.  Maybe I just needed that late Fed-Ex truck timing. . and acupuncture up the wazoo. . . It still feels so early I am just nervous and hard to just enjoy but I am trying to just think positive and be excited.  

FX this sticks and I hope EVERYONE who is trying this month follows the same luck!!  Please don't move me to graduates yet though. . still too scary!!  

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

Old 10-02-2012, 12:09 PM

Cordelia--un-lurking to say "CONGRATULATIONS"!!!

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

Old 10-02-2012, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Congratulations Cordelia!

joy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifjumpers.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:02 PM

Outdoorsy, FMorris - good luck!! & Cordelia - that is sooo great, congrats! bouncy.gif

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

Old 10-02-2012, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Woohoo!  Just let me know when you feel comfortable being moved to graduates, and I hope this is the month for FedEx mishaps resulting in pregnancies!

Old 10-02-2012, 03:05 PM

Cordelia: CONGRATS!!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

And good luck to the folks in the TWW!!!! 

Old 10-02-2012, 03:15 PM

cordelia!!! this is the one! the baby that outdid the iphone 5!!! my fingers and toes are crossed for you so hard!  

good luck on the inseminations, outdoorsy & fmorris. 

erin - how is the TWW treating you? going crazy yet?

SanDiego -- I am keeping the cartridge in the pen in the fridge - the whole contraption. Our nurse told us that once you put the cartridge in, you dont take it out until it's empty so that's what we've been doing. How are the shots going for you? The third one for me was painful. We got a bad angle with the needle and we were rushed (sometimes you need emergency thai food even if you have a shot scheduled, right?) My wife is currently having a routine, totally normal, non-emergency, non-dramatic surgery (as in, I am in the waiting room at the hospital talking myself down off the worrying ledge) and I am panic-stricken about her being able to give me a shot tonight! Will her painkillers interfere with our babymaking? Stay tuned! 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
Old 10-02-2012, 04:56 PM

Hi there, I'm new and ready to jump in :)

My partner, Chessa (31), and I (29) are starting the process of TTC! We've picked a donor and have the sperm waiting for us at the bank. We are planning to do our first IUI 24 hours after my +opk which should be sometime next week. We're doing the IUI at my ob's office. The timing will only get a little tricky if our work schedule's get in the way -- I am a restaurant GM and Chessa is a head chef, and they are both jobs that are a little tricky to just step out from. We are planning to match our schedules and avoid any close-to-open shifts so that we can hopefully both make it to the IUI.

Right now I guess it's just the waiting game, and we are going crazy waiting to O! Suddenly we are seeing babies everywhere and commercial seems to be about moms, etc. :)

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on here, good luck with everyone trying a cycle this month!

Old 10-02-2012, 05:31 PM

Welcome.gif nemplsgirl!  Good luck with the scheduling!  Waiting to O can be a crazy time.  Have you been charting leading up to this?

Old 10-02-2012, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome nemplsgirl. Would you like to be added to the waiting to o list up front?
Old 10-02-2012, 05:56 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's support! 

outdoorsy. . good luck with your insem tomorrow morning! 

And to all the folks already in their 2WW. . Easttowest, scorpio, pokey, erintn. . hope it goes quickly and ends well! 

mrsandmrs.. hope everything goes well with your DW's surgery!  If she can't do the shot, can you do it yourself in a pinch? 

nempls. . hope all the scheduling works out. . that always adds another layer of stress to things that is no fun. . 

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

Old 10-02-2012, 07:12 PM

Outdoorsy & Sandiego Thanks so much! I can't wait. i'm so anxious!!!

Cordelia, Thanks nd Congrats!!!!! All these BFP's, i love it!!

Nempls, Welcome.gif  Good luck with you're IUI. I'll tell you that timing is rather tricky, but I'm sure you two will get it all squared away.

AFM, Well went in for CD13 follie scan. I had a 16mm on the right and several smaller ones on both sides. Supposed to trigger tomorrow, but i'm thinking of holding off, i O on mye own with no prob. Mye reasoning, the RE said 16 wasnt bad, but if i just give mye body some more time nd go with mye reg. O date this wknd it might help that 16mm get just a little bit bigger. I know we just need one...but i want a  big one! What do you think ladies. Trigger and insem or wait nd insem with mye own O??

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 10-02-2012, 07:18 PM

fmorris-our RE (and the one before the current one) both would have us trigger when a follicle got to 18 or bigger (and they grow 2mm a day)--it sounds like they are assuming that the 16mm follicle will get to 18 by tomorrow and they you can trigger for an insem 36 hours later (presumably).  We've never done iui w/o having a trigger shot so I can't speak to that, but we have had three bfps (one living child, one m/c and one current pregnancy) using a trigger shot and then having an insem 36ish hours later (the last bfp was 39 hours post trigger).

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

Old 10-02-2012, 07:20 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome!

Pokey, to be honest, I haven't been charting yet, other than practicing opks for awhile. My ob and I decided to be a little more "casual" to start with, as I just don't want to get too obsessed off the bat, if that makes sense. So our plan right now is to try 3 insemination rounds with just using the smiley opks starting day 12 until I get a +, with the insem 24 hours following the +opk. If 3 IUI rounds are not successful, we will think of looking at more details.

easttowest, that sounds great!

Cordelia, thanks! Are you on the bbc board too? I stalk there a bit and think I have seen your name.

Good luck, fmorris!

Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 PM

Cordelia:  How exciting!!! Congrats!!! biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif  biggrinbounce.gifROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifbow.gif

FMorris and Outdoorsy: fx for you two ladies.

Nemplsgirl Welcome.gif  

Hope your stay is short and you can move right onto Q & P & P.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
Old 10-02-2012, 09:25 PM

Opps I forgot to give my own update..

Please move me to waiting to 0 east2west (great shiny new thread by the way)

So yep as you can tell no BFP for me this past cycle. I went 14 dpo with the last minute assistance of progesterone suppositories. I consulted with my Obgyn doc on Friday who is convinced that something is funky with my ovulation process right now. I have got ok progesterone levels in the past when tested. This most recent cycle level was 3.9. So I guess I didn't O this past month. Here's the funny thing: My BBT chart has typically been biphasic- either with a spike or a slow rise after what I thought was ovulation. He thinks that charting isn't a dependable science. I agree somewhat. I know that my past RE typically didn't think of my charting either. My naturapath however has sworn by it. I keep charting no matter what- gives me some element of control.

Anyway my doc thinks that it's strange that I rarely have a consistent pattern of luteal phase days. Maybe now I'm realizing that O timing was off in the past. So I've started on Clomid and I plan to do a timed insemination with trigger and IUI. This is all new to me, so I'm a little nervous although excited bc I've been ttc for what feels like an eternity and I'm ready for something different to give me renewed hope. 

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

So sorry, invitnconceptn. I hope the new approach is what you need.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:54 AM

hey everyone!

CORDELIA! YAY! CONGRATS but I understand being nervous- we are all sending good thoughts your way!

To others: I was using OPKs, cervix checking (which was something new and what brought the confusion, as I thought this sign said GO and it did not, yet), BBT, and fertile mucus. We have a new plan this month because now we know what my cervix looks like when it is ready to go- which is a huge sign.

Thanks for the advice :)

east2west, can you move me to Waiting To O?

Thanks!  this is indeed a learning process and there are so many factors. We definitely have learned a lot this month! :)

We are talking to 2 people in our lives this week about potentially being our known donors. Keep your fingers crossed for good conversations and the right outcome. 

xoxo

scorpio

me (28) married to dp (30) + 2 dog fur-kids!  TTC our first baby!  baby.gif

BFP in 2009: still grieving my loss

4 tries so far (two with frozen, two with KD): all BFN

Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Congrats Cordelia, how exciting! biggrinbounce.gif

Good luck to everyone else!

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
Old 10-03-2012, 02:47 PM

Invitn, Nempls, nd Wishin, THANKS SO MUCH.I POAS-opk this morn nd gt a +. IUI this afternoon, nd now the wait!!

E2W, could I be moved to the TWW please?

FX! RE said swimmers looked great nd we got a good one! Now I find something to do for two weeks!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 10-03-2012, 06:02 PM

mrsandmrs -  the shots are going OK, though night 2 (last night) seemed to be a little more painful that the first, go figure.  Thanks for the info, we do have the pen in the fridge...though tonight is going to be tricky, we need to finish off a cartridge & then re-load to complete the dose..so tonight it's going to be 3 shots. Wish us luck!  We did get my wife's blood results back and her FSH & Estradiol levels look great!  Good luck to you, hope your shots are going well!

Good luck to everyone on the board too ROTFLMAO.gif

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

Old 10-03-2012, 10:09 PM

Welcome.gifnemplsgirl. i hope your stay is short and sweet.

goodvibes.gif to the TWW-ers

invitn - sorry to hear you're back with us for another month, but I'm glad you found something you can do to give you some more control and reassurance in this process. i hope this cycle of clomid is your secret to a happy, healthy 9 months. 

SanDiego - yes, some days it definitely hurts, some days I can't even feel it. if there is a cause, we haven't found it. I hope your three injection day went well! 

AFM - today is CD7. we have done 5 injections. my wife was able to give me the shot last night despite her post-surgery fog - and thank goodness because I could not have done it myself. tomorrow starts our daily ultrasound/bloodwork every day until O. I thought that the first five injections would take forever, and here we are, done with them. I guess dealing with this surgery in the middle of it made the time fly. The rest of this 'waiting to O' is probably going to be done in an instant. It's a busy time of year for my family and spending a lot of time driving to the doctor is going to only exacerbate that. I hope the TWW goes by just as quickly. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
Old 10-04-2012, 06:34 AM

Hi, I'm new here. Saw this page online as I was searching for answers during a rude awakening this morning. Trying to conceive baby #1. Been charting since July, thought I had my cycle nailed down until it went all crazy last month. Our first IUI attempt was supposed to be yesterday morning, but I called it off at the last minute because I got a negative OPK. Then, yesterday afternoon I got a positive, so I called the midwife and she scheduled me for IUI this morning. Well, I woke up sweating, my good cervical fluid is gone, and I had a negative OPK. Maybe I'm just nervous, but I think I missed my window. Also, TSBC sent the tank last Thurs to arrive at my midwife's office this past Monday, so I think today is my last day to try before the nitrogen runs out. If my midwife confirms that I missed my ovulation this month, is it worth it to try to ship the tank back to TSBC, or should I just try anyway as a "dry run" and learn some lessons for next month? Ugh...

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 AM

Hi everyone -- for some strange reason, the comment editor isn't letting me do any formatting -- paragraph breaks, bold, nothing. So this will be a little mashed up!-------------------------Welcome, nemplsgirl and sphinxy. ---------------------------Invitn - I'm sorry you had to opt for Clomid, but it was probably time. You've been trying a while. I eventually had to make that decision also. The variable luteal phase is definitely considered a negative sign re normal ovulation. Maybe a little boost from the clomid is all you need! I hope it works, and soon! ------------------------------------sphinxy -- It doesn't sound like the sperm will be good long enough to be shipped back, depending on how far you are from the bank. You don't have a lot of great options. I might just give the insem a try if I were you -- it's not uncommon for signs to conflict. Plus, you ovulate after the surge, not during it, so you could still be OK. The best thing to do is work on making things better for next time. You should opk test at the same time every day, ideally like 12-2 p.m., and if you have trouble with opks varying, I would test twice a day (morning for the other one) during the time when you might get a positive. The other thing is, it would be better if you could work with a provider who can keep the specimen frizen indefinitely. That takes a LOT of the stress out of the timing. If you find midwife's office that has a special interest in fertility, they may have that ability (mine did, before I moved to an endocrinologist). -------------------------------fmorris - congrats on the insem and my best for your 2ww! -------------------------------------------AFM - insemmed yesterday. This was my first one that actually took place in the RE's office, since last month, we did it at the midwife's in order to use our last vial that was stored there. So, at the RE, unlike the midwife, they were able to give me the sperm concentration, more than 94 million! And motility was good. So... I can be moved to WAITING TO KNOW.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:30 AM

Thanks, outdoorsy. We are going through with the insem today. Lots of learning this time. I think part of the problem is going to the mid wife's office, too. Next month if I have to try again I think I'll just have it shipped to me at home and see if we can use a traveling midwife, recommended by someone we trust, who does IUI at home on call. That way I won't have to wait so long after my first positive OPK. But, crossing my fingers for this time - you never know!

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:45 AM

That should have said "frozen" indefinitely. It was a big help to me with my variable cycles!

babyf.gif... due in late June.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:36 AM

Welcome.gif sphinxy!  I hope your stay is short and sweet.  I agree with outdoorsy.  I would go ahead especially if it's too late to send it back.  The swimmers are too expensive to waste.  I think it's common for the good cervical fluid to go away right around when you ovulate and for your OPK to be negative the day after a positive.  You said you woke up sweating, are you temping?  Plus when the midwife goes to do the IUI she will be able to tell you how high and open your cervix is and what the CM looks like on it.  She should be able to tell if you have ovulated or not.  And if you have very recently, it's not too late.  You still have several hours after you O to fertilize the egg.  Good luck!

Old 10-04-2012, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

outdoorsy - Good luck in the TWW!

Tags
Queer Families Common Agendas Gay People Lesbians And Family Values , Ovulens Saliva Ovulation Tester , Fertile Focus Ovulation Microscope , First Response Ovulation Test 7 Test Kit , Manual Of Intrauterine Insemination And Ovulation Induction
User Tag List