Queer Conceptions - October 2012 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-04-2012, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Pokey, thank you so much for your thoughts - I hope you are right and it was not too late. Yes, I have been temping but of course because I barely slept last night it didn't really make sense to temp today because I was in and out of bed so often. We did the IUI and thankfully, the midwife said my cervix and CM looked really good so maybe the negative OPK this morning was not a bad sign. She may have been trying to keep my spirits up but I do think she was sincere. Now we wait! 

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

I sleep like crap around this time too.  I wake up and start worrying and can't get back to sleep for a while.  All you can do now is wait and see.  I hope the TWW passes quickly and smoothly. 

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Sphinxy - I think your timing sounds perfect.  We're using fresh, but people using frozen around here seem to try to inseminate 24-36 hours after the first positive OPK.  So you should be good!  I hope this is it for you!

How is everyone else in the TWW?  4 DPO, and nothing to report.  I'm working this weekend, don't know if that's good or bad for passing the time, but at least it's a distraction.  We'll see if we can make it to next Sunday.  Hopefully AF doesn't crash the party before then.

cordelia - I see you have tested the waters over in QP&P.  You ready to graduate?  What's the news?  I'm so happy for you!

Old 10-04-2012, 03:27 PM

Sphinxy -  I think your timing sounds fine. Honestly! I wouldn't worry about it at all. It was not a throw-away attempt. You usually O 24-36 hours after O, and you want to insem with frozen sperm about as close as you can get to that. You inadvertently did a great job. Now, enjoy your two week wait (of torture). 

How's everyone doing in the TWW? Symptom spotting? Feeling totally relaxed? 

AFM - I had a follie scan/E2 check today. I am growing 5 lovely little follicles, which is exactly what we had hoped for, ranging from 9-13 in size. My lining is nearly 10mm. My E2 has double since CD3. I am feeling great. If only I could stop panicking and freaking out every time I have to have an injection or blood draw, this would be awesome. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
Old 10-04-2012, 03:44 PM

mrsandmrs- that is awesome! if you can figure out a way to not freak/panic during those times please let me know & i'll pass this info to my wife. ha ha, good luck!  we go in for our cd7 u/s tomorrow evening (that will put us at 4 days of injectables)

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

Old 10-04-2012, 04:23 PM

SD -- I can't believe how close we are on this cycle! I am on CD8, and tonight will be my sixth injection.

Here are some things I have tried to do while getting an injection (and I don't think any of them worked at all to distract me):

reading non-fiction

reading fiction

reading Harry Potter

reading Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore

watching gilmore girls 

watching other random tv shows 

listening to taylor swift's new pop single

begging my wife to stop / wait / reconsider 

I thought about painting my nails but that could be a disaster. Maybe tonight I'll try eating a pop tart. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
Old 10-04-2012, 04:30 PM

Welcome Sphinxy! hope your stay is also  short and sweet! Good luck with your insem!

Outdoorsy, Thank you and Good luck back!!! We insem'd on the same day so hopefully that's 2 BFP's right there!

Good Luck Everyone!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 10-04-2012, 05:16 PM

mrsandmrs - We are on a very close cycle & I am seriously cracking up! nut.gif too funny....those are some good ideas as far as a distraction! I am going to suggest to my wife that she knit, juggle oranges or paint my portrait tonight ;) 

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

Old 10-04-2012, 05:31 PM

ooooh juggling! maybe that would work. 

Old 10-04-2012, 05:42 PM

sphinxy ., I actually think that sounds like good timing and good cervix and CM trump exact OPK timing in my book! 

mrsandmrs. . sounds like those follies are moving along perfectly!  FX 

easttowest. . distraction is good but as far as I know the 2WW is always slow!!!  oh and can you leave me here a few more days?   I don't think I get to see a heartbeat for four more weeks so I promise I won't camp out that long if things go well.  

outdoorsy. . home that egg is meeting sperm by now and moving towards a roosting spot!  

fmmorris. . FX for you too! 

pokey. . how many DPO are you now?  how are you feeling aside the sleeping like crap and stress? 

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

Old 10-04-2012, 08:06 PM

Fmorris,  Outdoorsy, east2west:  good luck tww'ers. fx really tight.

mrsandmrs: I would love to understand alittle about your current process. Maybe you've already explained this but how come you are doing ultrasounds/bloodwork everyday up to O? Just curious.

Scorpio:  good luck getting your swimmers keepers (a.k.a KDs)

Sphinxy: I agree with Pokey, I think that your timing was spot on. Typically my + opks are negative the next day too.

AF question:  For all of you  who have done/are doing timed inseminations with stimulating meds, folli scans, etc- do you monitor fertility signs like CM, and do an ovulation predictor kit? 

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
Old 10-04-2012, 08:36 PM

invitn - we are using follistim for this cycle, which is a daily injection starting (for me) on cd 3. my doc likes to monitor estradiol (e2) and do daily ultrasounds starting on cycle day 8 - if the follicles are getting out of control, they can reduce your dosage or if they aren't growing fast enough, they can increase your dosage. i get a follistim injection every day (we do this at home) from cd3 until the day we do a trigger shot, and daily e2 bloodwork and ultrasound (which we do at the clinic) until that too. So, i guess it is not really until O, just until the hcg trigger shot. 

re: monitoring fertility signs with opk's and stuff - I did it my first cycle on clomid, and it made me feel more in touch with what was happening. but by the second one, I thought "I am paying for these ultrasounds and professional opinions, it is a waste of my time to stress about BBT or OPKs." So I just stopped. the monitoring is more accurate than those secondary signs, and meds can disrupt your fertility signs. clomid can make you ovulate late and dry up your cervical mucous. the trigger shot and progesterone supplements affect your BBT so that your temps aren't helpful. it was just redundant and unnecessarily stressful for me. 

Old 10-04-2012, 09:02 PM

Thanks Cordelia! I'm keeping it all crossed!

Invitn, I did Femara with this cycle. I also monitored mye CM as well as an OPK on CD 13. I think combos are a good idea! orngbiggrin.gif

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

Old 10-05-2012, 07:29 AM

This thing still won't let me do bold or paragraphs, ever since yesterday. I have Internet Explorer 9, so I don't think it's a browser issue. Any techies out there have any advice? Thanks in advance.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 AM

Hi cordelia--I meant to say I sleep badly and feel stressed right before I O, not right now.  I've been sleeping pretty well and not feeling too stressed.  I am 11DPO, and I will test on Sunday.  I'm feeling pretty good.  Not trying to read too much into anything.  I hope you are feeling well.

outdoorsy- So glad you are back in the TWW again!

easttowest -I'm happy your timing worked out fine and I hope the TWW is not too hard on you two this time and that you get some happy news soon!

mrsandmrs and SanDiego - I hope your shots are going well and you are growing lots of happy follies.  You're almost there for the big O.

fmorris - I hope your TWW is going well and that it goes by quickly!

AFM - Sorry I have been MIA.  I have been reading along and thinking about all of you. Work has been busy since I moved my desk and started working with new folks. It's been going well though so that's nice.  I'm getting a haircut on Sunday.  Since I am testing in the morning it will either be really fun or the saddest haircut ever. Wish me luck!

Old 10-05-2012, 11:06 AM

outdoorsy - there is a button on the top left of the "reply" box that says "source." when i click that, it takes away my ability to format replies (more specifically, it seems to only allow html formatting). maybe you clicked it by accident at some point? 

Old 10-05-2012, 12:49 PM

I don't seem to have a "source" button at all. I tried clicking "full page editor," and that didn't help.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:47 AM

easttowest, mrsandmrs, fmorris, cordelia, and invitn - thank you for your kind words and reassurance!

mrsandmrs - i think "inadvertently did a great job" may be my new motto :)

easttowest - would you please add me to the "Waiting to Know" list?

pokey - good luck tomorrow!!!

A question for those of you who have started taking prenatal vitamins already - may I ask on here what brands you like? My midwife gave me some samples the other day, and I think they are upsetting my stomach even if I take them with food. I don't dare interpret this as any early signs!

I can't believe it's only been two days. Time is passing sooooo sloooooow.....

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:15 PM

Hey Everyone: I feel like I have been MIA... I was so disappointed to have BFN... But excited that we are possibly using a KD this and/or next month. He is gay, adorable, in my partner's PhD program at UofMichigan. So kind.  We feel blessed and lucky to know him. It is hard to wait for the final YES from him and then to start making plans, but we will move forward with frozen sperm this month if we are still figuring things out with him later in the month.

The KD process is pretty amazing. I am finding it to be really spiritual. There is a lot more to navigate... But since I am a law student I am already working on the contract for him to sign. Ha! That will keep me busy... I am also looking forward to the advantage that fresh sperm will bring us if everything works out with KD.  

My estimated date of ovulation is October 31, so we have awhile. AF is due on the 13th. I normally have really long cycles, which is good for planning but tough to wait :)

We ordered more OPKs from Save-on-tests and I enjoyed a beer yesterday. Ha! One silver lining, although certainly not enough to compensate for the disappointment. There is part of me that believes what is meant to be will be, but when you are queer you need to make things happen!!

Everyone in Braving 2ww: GOOD LUCK! I am rooting for that implantation and sending good strong fertile thoughts your way!!  blowkiss.gif

Q: when does my info start showing up on the bottom of my posts? I have to post for awhile, don't I?

xox,

scorp

me (28) married to dp (30) + 2 dog fur-kids!  TTC our first baby!  baby.gif

BFP in 2009: still grieving my loss

4 tries so far (two with frozen, two with KD): all BFN

Old 10-06-2012, 12:16 PM

Also... CORDELIA!

We want an update!!! Sheepish.gif

me (28) married to dp (30) + 2 dog fur-kids!  TTC our first baby!  baby.gif

BFP in 2009: still grieving my loss

4 tries so far (two with frozen, two with KD): all BFN

Old 10-06-2012, 02:35 PM

Sphinxy, you're more than welcome! I'm taking prenatals and have been for a while now. I use the one a days prenatal with the DHA. Its 2 bottles a pink pill nd a larger yellow one for the DHA. You can take them with our without food nd they don't have your stomach upset. I have taken some before that have made meeh very sick so I knw what you mean. I think it was Tandem (pink nd white pill).

Scorpio, Thank you for the good baby vibes! I'm hoping too!!

Old 10-06-2012, 02:47 PM

Hello everyone!  I've been following along, but haven't had much time to post.  The weather here is absolutely gorgeous - we just got back from geocaching.  I, too, succumbed to that cold thing that seems to be going around.  It hit me fast and hard, but left nearly as quickly.  So, I'm grateful for that.

I went in this morning for a second follicle check.  I have two, one at 20 and one at 16 and will trigger tonight.  I finally got them to agree to a 36hour post trigger insem. So, I go in Monday morning.  This will be my last try until January since my FSA funds are totally depleted.  My mom is awesome is offering to pay for half of this cycle.  I'm secretly hoping she'll pay for the whole thing.  I invited her along for the IUI, maybe she'll be good luck!

Fingers crossed for so many of you -- off the top of my head Pokey, Outdoorsy, and Cordelia -- update please!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 10-06-2012, 10:05 PM

Hello. I haven't had much to say, just hanging out at CD12. Nearing +opk, guessing it will happen btn Tuesday and Thursday. Our sperm bank is local, so that makes it easy to just courier to the clinic the same day I get the positive. Until then....it's just the waiting game!

Good luck to everyone in the 2ww or about to inseminate!!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Pokey - How did test day go?  Sending positive thoughts your way and hoping for a good update soon!

AFU - 7 DPO, so we're more than halfway through the luteal phase.  It's not dragging at all as it has in the past.  In fact, it's probably moving along too quickly, as I'm pretty terrified of coming up to the end.  I'd rather not know than face another month of doing this.  Friday was the last morning that DW took her temperature this cycle; not having a chart to stare at is certainly helping and is good for keeping us sane.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:06 PM

Well, according to the Clearblue Digital test and an internet cheapie test, I am pregnant!  I was so relieved.  I was freaking out that it would be negative.  We're still freaking out a little because we have to wait and see that it sticks.  I went for a blood test today, and I will have that info tomorrow.  I will feel better when I get the second beta and see that it's doubling because last time the number went down.  I know this is a different time and I can't assume the same thing will happen, but for now we are cautiously optimistic.  I'm not really having any strong symptoms, and it doesn't seem real.  I was feeling kind of crappy on Thursday, and that made me think I was pregnant, but then I felt better the next day.  It was also funny that someone at work that day asked me if I had a bun in the oven.  I said no and laughed.  The woman said she thought she had overheard me talking about it with someone.  I'm not sure what she got that, but I took it as a sign.   So we shall see.  Thank you all for your support and for voting me off the island.  

Fingers crossed for you easttowest!  I'm glad the time has been passing quickly and you are both staying sane.

Good luck with those beautiful follies, Jenny!

nemplsgirl - I hope you have a great and well-timed O!

Hello and fingers crossed for everyone else I missed.  outdoorsy, sphinxy, mrsandmrs, SanDiego, fmorris, invitn!

scorpioma - I'm so sorry about your BFN!  hug2.gifBut I hope everything works out with the new KD.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

smile.gif Pokey!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:40 PM

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif                                                                       broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif       CONGRATULATIONS POKEY!!!               broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif                                                                         broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif                                                                       broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif  broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gif  banana.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif                    

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 10-07-2012, 03:48 PM

Yay, Pokey!! Congratulations ROTFLMAO.gif

Old 10-07-2012, 04:12 PM

scorpio - to make your info show up at the bottom of your posts, you need to edit your "forum signature". I, too, thought I had to wait for my profile to become more active, but I learned today that this is not true. So, scroll up to the very top of this page, click on your username, and then scroll down "edit forum signature". You do not need to click on "edit profile". 

Hope that works for you!

Old 10-07-2012, 04:59 PM

Pokey-Congrats!! on your BFP!joy.gif

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012

Tags
Queer Families Common Agendas Gay People Lesbians And Family Values , Ovulens Saliva Ovulation Tester , Fertile Focus Ovulation Microscope , First Response Ovulation Test 7 Test Kit , Manual Of Intrauterine Insemination And Ovulation Induction
User Tag List