Queer Conceptions - October 2012 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 394 Old 10-07-2012, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

POKEY!!!!!  carrot.gif  (I'll save the parade for your betas, but in the meanwhile...broc1.gif)

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#92 of 394 Old 10-07-2012, 05:51 PM

aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  pokey. . congrats . . . i knew this was your month!  FX for you!  so happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#93 of 394 Old 10-07-2012, 06:08 PM

Pokey! Congrats! I am glad you're graduating this month! broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

afm today has been some kind of craptastic day. while in the waiting room at the doctor's office, my mom called me to tell me my grandmother passed away this morning. of course i started crying. I sniffled/wept through my blood draw. then, during the ultrasound we found that only one follicle is still growing - it was about 20.5, but the next closest was 14. to go from 6 or 7 contenders to one was quite a blow. the nurse said that was not the "expected" response to follistim. My E2 numbers came back ok - about 200, which means one good egg - so we are going to trigger tonight and insem in Tuesday. I know we're not "out" yet, but I am full of despair and can't imagine a positive outcome with all of this. Sigh.

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#94 of 394 Old 10-07-2012, 06:10 PM

scorpio mama. . sorry about your BFN but seems like so many different things could change for you now that maybe it will be perfect timing with the new plan (and possibly KD) 

just another jenny. . good luck with your trigger and insem!!  

easttowest. . glad the 2WW is moving along for you and I know what you mean about not knowing vs knowing but I hope when you do know it will be GOOD news! 

nemnspls. . hope you get your pos OPK soon and get everything set to insem! 

Outdoorsy. . where are you on your wait?  FX you are off the island too!  

and to anyone else I missed good luck good luck. . 

AFM. . was away for the weekend and am exhausted. . went to friends wedding out of state and it was fun but I had no energy!  I don't go into my Dr. until the 15th so have no info more than before except that when I POAS again, it was still reading positive so that's good.  I think I just get a blood test on the 15th but I guess I can be moved to graduates for now. It seems wrong like living in fear if I don't and If I do the power of positive thinking thing it seems better! And if for whatever reason that turns out to not be the case, I can always come back for more support though I am going to stick around to root everyone one and comment.  

#95 of 394 Old 10-07-2012, 06:12 PM

mrsandmrs.  .just wanted to add bc I read your post after I posted. . I am so sorry, bad news on top of bad news must be so hard so many hugs coming your way.   But it does sound like the one follie is doing great!  And all you need is one!  I know that's def not the way it feels most comforting and especially frustrating bc it seems like what was supposed to help you did not but FX for you no matter what! 

#96 of 394 Old 10-07-2012, 08:19 PM

pokey - awesome news!! congrats on your bfp!!

mrsandmrs - so sorry to hear about your grandmother...hope you're ok... and as for your follies, all you need is one! thinking good thoughts that this is your month....good luck!!

jenny - good luck on monday!

to all I missed - good luck to everyone, and thinking good thoughts for all in the tww....

afm - we go in for our cd10 u/s tomorrow/Monday evening, to see how those 3 dominant follies (& 2 smaller) are progressing, to determine trigger/iui time.  my wife is hoping tomorrow is the last night for the menopur & follistim shots, she is sick of them!....we'll see tomorrow.

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#97 of 394 Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Oh mrsandmrs, so sorry. I do hope this month is bittersweet for you, though. Maybe some good news will soften the blow of such a loss. But take care of yourself. Thoughts are with your family.

Cordelia, I am so happy I get to be the one to move you to graduates! Yay! Good thoughts to you and your husband. What was your timing for this cycle? Did you insem the day of ovulation? I really want to get that timing down, but she keeps ovulating on Sundays and Mondays!

Best wishes to everyone else.
#98 of 394 Old 10-07-2012, 09:27 PM

Pokey: just read ur incredibly awesome stupendous news!!! I understand ur guardedness for the moment with getting excited...don't worry everyone here can be excited enough for u in the meantime. Veggie parade to come.

Mrsandmrs: I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts go out to u and ur family. I'm equally sorry about ur folllie check results. I can understand ur frustration going from a half dozen possible follies to one. One is all u need however- Fingers crossed for u.

Sandiego: we are twinsies in our cycles this month- tomorrow is cd10 for me too. Tues is my first ultrasound follie check. Good luck at yours.

Cordelia: glad to hear that u r still having positive readings..stick bean stick.

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#99 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easttowest View Post

Oh mrsandmrs, so sorry. I do hope this month is bittersweet for you, though. Maybe some good news will soften the blow of such a loss. But take care of yourself. Thoughts are with your family.
Cordelia, I am so happy I get to be the one to move you to graduates! Yay! Good thoughts to you and your husband. What was your timing for this cycle? Did you insem the day of ovulation? I really want to get that timing down, but she keeps ovulating on Sundays and Mondays!
Best wishes to everyone else.

Thanks!  We did two insems, one the day of surge and one the day of ovulation. . went to acupuncture on day of O and two days before. .  and yes the timing is So annoying.  And it's frustrating that there's nothing you can do to really change it!  FX. . 

#100 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 06:37 AM

Pokey! Congrats! joy.gif

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#101 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 06:45 AM

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifPokey!!!!!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

mrsandmrs, I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Big hugs to you. I hope that your one follicle is the lucky ticket. FWIW, I went from not getting pregnant on cycles with five follies to getting twins on the one cycle with only two. So, anything is possible.

Everyone else, fingers crossed for more good news soon!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#102 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 AM

Also, mrsandmrs, I just found a message from you in my "other messages" folder on Facebook from a month ago! Sorry - I wasn't trying to ignore you!

#103 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 07:59 AM

POKEY -- YAY!!!!! I still don't know what's up with my access to this site --- it won't let me post any emoticons either, or I would be doing a big parade of storks for you!!!!!! Thinking of you with best wishes for your beta. ------------------JENNY and CORDELIA --- Thank you for the well wishes. I am 5 DPO, test date Oct. 17. Cordelia, have fun over at QP&P, and Jenny, FX for you! -------------TO EVERYONE I MISSED -- BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR NEXT STEP!

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#104 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

mrsandmrs - I'm so sorry about your grandmother.  What a terrible day you had.  I'm also sorry that the follies stopped growing.  I would be disappointed and confused too.  It doesn't help either that follistim is a lot more expensive and invasive than a few pills.  Your expectations are higher when you put in all that effort.  I hope that one follie is fabulous and does the trick.

Everyone -  Thank you for the wonderful congratulations!  I will keep you posted when I have more information.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#105 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 10:55 AM

mrsandmrs -- I don't know how I missed that news about your grandmother. I'm so sorry. Thinking of you.

#106 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 11:38 AM

First beta = 62 at 13dpo!  Next one on Wednesday.

#107 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 12:03 PM

Perfect median score from the betabase! Go Pokey!!!!

#108 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 12:43 PM

Yay, Pokey!!! And congrats to the other BFPs, and welcome to the new arrivals!

Hi all, I'm finally logging back in after a couple months of avoiding thinking too hard about baby-makin'... Am glad to be back!

This is it, the cycle we've been waiting for: I took clomiphene on CD3-8, and am now on CD12. easttowest, could I please be moved to Waiting To O?

I'm going in to the fertility clinic for an ultrasound on Wednesday to see what my ovaries are up to, and if all looks well, we'll be doing the insem as soon as the OPK indicates... Usually CD21 for me, but maybe sooner because the clomiphene may have sped things up. I've never felt anything near ovulation before in my whole life, but this time I've got a definite sensation of... fullness, I guess! On the left side. That's the side that the HSG indicated is blocked, which is a tiny bit troubling. However, my RE and my acupuncturist and my optimistic nature all agree it was likely a false positive due to uterine cramping so let's go with that orngtongue.gif

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#109 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 01:20 PM

Just popped in to update nd congratulate! I'm away for a day nd we get a BFP! CONGRATS POKEY!!! Best of luck! I'm still waiting d am at 5DPIUI.not too much going on but a lot of sleeping on mye end.

FX FOR EVERYONE WAITING WITH MEEH!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#110 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 01:30 PM

pokey- YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! broc1.gifjoy.gifCongrats on your BFP!! Sticky bean vibes coming your way!!

e2w- How is the tww treating you? We are definitely cycle buddies!! 8DPO here and trucking along...any funny symptoms for you guys?

Cordelia- Glad you have graduated, but also glad you are keeping us updated!! GL on the 15th!

mrsandmrs- Shots are the worst, but at least you have a willing volunteer. My DP would not be able to do that! Very sorry to hear about

your grandmother. I agree with Cordelia that it just takes one good egg! Hang in there for your sanity!

scorpioma- Sorry about the BFN. Yay for KD's!!!

JustAnotherJenny- Good luck on the insemination today! This is the one!

outdoorsy- How is your tww?

fmorris28- Good luck!

nemplsgirl-WELCOME!!!!!!!

Sphinxy- WELCOME!!! GL on the tww! I take vegan prenatals that are big and yucky!

AFU- I am hanging out at 8DPO. I have been testing the past 2 days with BFN's but early I know. I am really anxious this go-round for some reason.

Lots of new symptoms that are all in my head I am sure: cramping, twinges, backache, UTI symptoms, bowel issues, fatigue, sore nipples. Like I said,

all in my head I am sure, but still puzzling. I have been scavenging the twoweekwait.com page like a freak though bigeyes.gif ANYwho, there is my life in a

nutshell for the past week.

#111 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

granite, welcome (back)!  Good luck with the ultrasound!

pokey, awesome numbers!  Hope they keep jumping.

erin, well hey there, cycle buddy.  You are a braver soul than I.  After the first round of stark white tests in August, we decided never again, and we're waiting until the day after her missed period to test.  Which means we'll either greet AF on Saturday, or we'll be testing Sunday morning.  No symptom spotting, no temping.  She either hasn't had any symptoms or isn't telling me, but she's been emotional and hungry - both of which are PMS-y (and... DW-y ;) ).  Hang in there!  Are you testing everyday until either a BFP or AF?  Good luck!  Hope this is it.

Turns out 8 DPO is The Day of Crazy-making.  I'm starting to feel sick over having to know soon, and as much as I hope it's happy news, I have to face the reality that it might not be.  We might be here for the long haul, and it's getting harder.

#112 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 03:52 PM

invitn - thanks, & good luck this month for you too!

easttowest, outdoorsy, erin, fmorris - good luck to you all in the tww! hope it flies by

pokey - looking fwd to your Wed. numbers, sooo exciting!

good luck to everyone...

afm - our cd10 u/s is in one hour...so anxious! will have more to report later on tonight...

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#113 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 04:37 PM

CONGRATS POKEY!!!!

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

#114 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 05:58 PM

mrsandmrs - sending you healing thoughts and wishing you the best for your insem tomorrow. 

afm - 4 dpiui and i've felt like i could cry all day, over nothing and everything all t once. back to work tomorrow and hoping that will be a good distraction. i'm determined not to test before 10/18, but those sticks are staring at me everything i go to the bathroom...

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#115 of 394 Old 10-08-2012, 06:07 PM

pokey! I missed seeing your BFP! Congratulations!!! joy.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#116 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 AM

Easttowest --- I totally hear your worry about being here for the long haul. I hope you're not! I know that once you've seen a few BFNs, you wonder how long this is going to go on. --------------Thanks to EVERYONE who asked about my TWW. Today is 6 DPO, and I feel un-pregnant. Zero symptoms. And since I've had almost every fake symptom in the book in previous cycles, I have zero faith that I would know if I were pregnant. I've resigned myself to the fact that statistically, the odds of me getting a BFN are greater than the odds of me being pregnant. I am bracing myself for another disappointment. I'm still not having alcohol or caffeine, but otherwise I'm pretty much trying to ignore the whole thing.

#117 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Outdoorsy, thank you for your kind words! I hope the same for you. I have only been here a few months, but it seems like the no symptom months are the ones you want. Best of luck in the remainder of your TWW.
#118 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 08:42 AM

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support about my grandma's passing. She was a real character. 

Today is the day we on-board the goods. My wife can't go. I have one great follicle and a new donor. I danced around the house while picking out my lucky insemination dress. Now, that is a sentence I never expected to write. 

Hope you're all doing well. Who is testing next? 

Congrats on the beta, pokey! 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#119 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 AM

sphinxy. . I had to hide the sticks so I could not get to them easily, otherwise I think I would have tested all the time!  try to hold out if you can!!!  

outdoorsy.. hope no symptoms is the way to go. . as you know,, 6 days is so early it would be a shock to have legit symptoms anyway. . FXFXFXFXXFXXF

easttowest. . the 2WW is almost over. . really hope you won't see that blank stick or AF! 

erintn. . hope all those symptoms are a sign of good things

sandiego. . good luck with the U/S

fmmorris. . 2ww nearing an end? 

#120 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 09:10 AM

mrs - I had a lucky insemination dress too!   lol.gif  When we do the ones at home I wear a dress or skirt because it's easier.  This last time I wore a different dress than I had for all the other ones.  I hope your lucky dress is the lucky charm you need!  Good luck today.

Tags
Queer Families Common Agendas Gay People Lesbians And Family Values , Ovulens Saliva Ovulation Tester , Fertile Focus Ovulation Microscope , First Response Ovulation Test 7 Test Kit , Manual Of Intrauterine Insemination And Ovulation Induction

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page