Queer Conceptions - October 2012 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

mrsandmrs - good luck today!

afm - yesterday we had our cd10 u/s and the follies are progressing well...sizes were 20, 17, 16, 11.... they had us do one more night of injectables, and we're headed back today for another u/s...hopefully tonight is our trigger & tomorrow iui.  my wife is SO sick of these shots! poor baby....& I am secretly (well not too secret) very anxious! wish us luck.

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#122 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 12:07 PM

pokey - i do try to wear a different dress every time ! superstitious, but whatever. i'm, uh, pretty femme and i don't wear pants ever, only skirts and dresses. but i can see how a dress would be easier than wearing pants for insemination.

san diego - hope today's your trigger day ! good luck with the check-in.

afm can i be moved to the tww? the deed is done.

seriously, who's testing next? pokey is trying to kick off the next wave of bfps. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#123 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 12:40 PM

I'm testing 10/17. Don't know if anyone is ahead of me.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#124 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

mrsandmrs, good luck in the wait! I like the lucky dress idea.

cordelia, ha! Is that taunting to say that 9 DPO is almost through the TWW? wink1.gif Sure doesn't feel very close...

I think erin and I are next, step in step on 9 DPO. Hope the streak continues! Looks like there were FIVE pregnancies in October last year! Let's beat the record.

C (26) and S (27) and our little N, born June 18, 2013
#125 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 01:47 PM

Oh, I want a lucky insemination dress!!! So awesome! Good luck, mrsandmrs!

FX for outdoorsy and easttowest and erin... I can't believe there were 5 BFPs last October, and am thinking it's a good sign.

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#126 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 02:10 PM

I am really not trying to enable anyone (and I hate seeing BFNs), but I will say that with both of my pregnancies I got BFPs on 9 DPO...

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#127 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 02:56 PM

mrsandmrs- Yes e2w and I are next on the list. I was going to test for real on Sunday, but I have been testing like crazy

the past few days...

e2w- 5 BFP's last October?!?!? Awesome news!

KnittingTigers- I wish you were right about my cycle! I had BFN this morning on 9DPO.

granite- Thanks!!

So as I said above, I have been testing like crazy to no avail. My DP found my white sticks in the trash and text me about it.

I am just trying to prepare myself for the worst, ya know. I could not wait...

#128 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Tigers, you scoundrel!  (That can't be normal, right?  It seems like the average pregnancy would not produce enough hGC until at least 12 DPO to pick up on a test that is only sensitive to 25 units.)

erin, I hope those sticks turn pink soon enough!

#129 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 03:24 PM

Some of the tests are anecdotally sensitive down to something like 4...(there's a website that lists--pee on a stick, don't remember the url) but the negatives of testing early include the risk of picking up the trigger shot (it's usually out by 10 days after the shot but some people process it a bit slower) and getting a false negative and spending several days bummed out or a true negative and not being sure.  With 3 of our pregnancies, (not including the current in which DW waited to test until day 14), we found out by day 9/10 p/o--but two of those pregnancies were early m/c.  

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#130 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 03:38 PM

KnittingTigers -- This is the first time I saw that you were having twins! Excellent! Congratulations!twins.gif

(btw everyone -- suddenly I can do formatting again. let's hope this sticks!)

#131 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 03:55 PM

Just in case you want to check out hcg levels in tests...

http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-test-sensitivity-comparison.html

The internet cheapies are even MORE sensitive. With my chemical, it picked up a hcg level of less than 10...

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#132 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

The MDC Queer forums: a community of enablers.

:)

#133 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsy View Post

KnittingTigers -- This is the first time I saw that you were having twins! Excellent! Congratulations!twins.gif

(btw everyone -- suddenly I can do formatting again. let's hope this sticks!)

Thanks! We're 95% incredibly excited, and 5% terrified! Let's see if Pokey revives the multiples streak!

#134 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 05:44 PM

Erin, Thanks so much! Love all the support!!!

Sandiego, I sure am hoping the same thing. Its not speeding by, but its not crawling either! And those are some nice sized follies! Best of luck to you tomorrow!!

Sphinxy, Yesterday was 5DPIUI nd i was watching Selena (one of mye favs) nd all of a sudden got teary eyed like I was about to cry!! It wasn't even a sad part! lol I'm trying mye best to hold off too. Its hard!!

Outdoorsy, I've been in your shoes, but you've gotta keep the faith. You never know what those little beans are up to! Keep your head up cycle buddy!

Mrs, Good luck! Hope the dress helps do the trick and welcome to the wait!

Cordelia, Boy i sure wish the TWW was nearing and end...well technically it is. lol. I'm about half way there @ 6DPIUI. Still just waiting!

Knitting, Good to know! If i can hold out i will , but 9DPO not tooo bad for a pretty BFP. Nice to *see* you back. Hope all is going well!

Lise, thanks for the link, i'm going to check it out now.

AFM. 6DPIUI and its been alright. Little cramps here and there, and lots of sleeping. I've found a way to pass the time a bit quicker in becoming completely wrapped up in Once Upon a Time on ABC.  I caught the end of S1 last sunday and the beginning of S2 nd i'm hooked! Nd i just realised I've got all of S1 on Netflix! Oh, i'll be watching for the next 9 days! lol FX for all of us. I'm trying to hold off until AF is late, but shes not due till around the 20th! If I can make it that long, great...if not...18 or 19 Oct testing!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#135 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 06:40 PM

Pokey: Good luck with your 2nd beta tomorrow.  Fingers crossed for some fabulous doubling!

mrsandmrs: I'm so sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing.  Sounds like a very difficult time -- one beautiful follie is all you need.  Though, I'm sure I would feel so frustrated with all of the extra effort/time/money etc. with using injectibles and expecting a larger ::ahem:: return on investment.  So, I'm so sorry for your disappointment.  I hope that you find a fancy lucky insem dress and that this follicle turns into your one perfect little baby.

morris: Glad you found a great distraction.  I find that I am usually okay the first week, but then I grow more and more frustrated from 7/8dpo on.  My first IUI, I tested daily form 2dpo on.  I wanted to watch my trigger shot leave my system.  Now I know that it takes me 7 days post trigger for it to leave my system.

cordelia:  I'm out of FSA funds, so I'm not sure how I'm going to support my "habit" this time around.  I may have to wait like a normal person for my beta.... sh!t. Hope you're feeling well.

outdoorsy: I've been thinking of you often.  Sending lots of baby dust and love your way!

lise: How are you faring?

erin: I am a testing fiend.  I hear where you are and I'm sorry if its making you crazy.  I had to have someone hide my tests on me.  I'm embarrassed to even stay how much I've spent on tests.  Let's just say when I came up short for my IUI/sperm prep cycle this month, I was kicking myself for all of the wasted money.  My health insurance covers the betas with no copay.  I'm an impatient idiot.  :-)

e2w: How are things going for you?

Oh, I hope I'm not missing anyone.  My inbox blew up today with posts and normally I catch up at work, but I'm working on an audit and haven't had time.  :-) 

AFM: Can you please move me to waiting to know?    I don't have a lucky insemination dress, but I do have a pair of lucky socks.  I don't know how I forgot about them, but I wear these when there are layoffs at work. So far so good -- they have kept me employed.  Yesterday, I happened upon them in the sock drawer, just in time to wear them to my IUI!  So funny that the lucky dress topic came up.  I have here, for you a photo of me at the doctor, just prior to my IUI -- showcasing my lucky socks.  :-)  My sister and mother were hysterical about the socks and snapped several photos of them.

Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain...

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#136 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

So I clearly didn't learn anything from DARE in 5th grade, because I gave into peer pressure.  But... someone tell me this is a positive?  Is 9 dpo way too early to count it?  I'm more confused AFTER testing than before.  So many things could go wrong!  Won't believe it until after the missed period, but cautiously hopeful, I think.

#137 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Did you take that picture at 4 minutes after?  I think if you let it sit longer you can get an evap line, but that looks positive to me!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#138 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 07:33 PM

e2w: That sure looks positive to me!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#139 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 07:35 PM

Omg that totes looks positive to me!!! I wanna test now!!!

A cautious Congrats!
#140 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Pokey, the package said five minutes. We set an alarm and looked after four and a half. There was definitely something there when we looked, but it did progressively get darker until we took the picture, maybe at around seven minutes.

She will poas again tomorrow. Hope hope hope it's still positive, I don't know what I would do if it's not.

#141 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 09:07 PM

E2W:  This POAS business can get so tricky. Here's too hoping tomorrow you get a clearer dark line within 5 mins. I would take a pic during that time frame so you can look at the pic v. the stick to reflect later. I hope that you are getting struck by threadkeeper's luck. We'll all stayed tuned to find out...in the meantime....a little preliminary veggie dance for youcarrot.gif

Granite: I hope your u/s goes splendidly tomorrow.

MrsandMrs: I love the idea of a insemination dress! welcome to the tww!

Jenny: Your lucky insem socks are so cute.

Outdoorsy:I totally get your frustration with this process and with the "unpregnant" feeling. Your BFP day will come - who knows it might be in a few days.

Erin:  fx crossed that in the next few days you get a BFP.

Pokey:  I hope your beta number keep doubling! So exciting!! broc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifjoy.gif

AFM: So much silliness and excitement going on here today. I wish I had good news to report. So unfortunately, my cd12 u/s was a little disappointing. One follie was maybe 7 something. And then  a polyp was discovered. A year and half ago I had to have surgery to remove 3 polyps and now it is here again. So freaking annoying. My obgyn encouraged me to not to get worked up about this just yet. (i'm a somewhat  anxious type A person- so remaining calm with initial disappointment can be difficult for me. )He said that it was possible not to throw away this cycle just yet. He recommended to do a sonohysterogram on friday and then do a repeat look at the follies. I have had a HSG (which was hell for me) but I haven't had this sono.....gram procedure. Any experience with this procedure? I guess it will tell the doc where the polyp might be and how much it may it could be obstructing space in the uterus. He said that people do get pregnant with polyps, so if it isn't too much in the way then I could try this month. I wasn't at all surprised by the little follie...for the past few months fertility friend has indicated that I haven't O'd until cd 18 or 19. He definitely wants to increase the Clomid dosage if there is a future round- hoping to regulate the cycle so I don't O so late. We will see- I will just be here waiting until friday...

Me (37) married my lovely DW (33) May 2010 stillheart.gif  ttc #1 since September 2010. 3 years of ttc has been tough. Currently struggling with some ovulatory issues (follies don't grow quickly - trouble releasing) At a cross roads: go strong on meds or begin to turn over babymaking to DW. This is very...
#142 of 394 Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Jenny, sorry I didn't even see your update in all my anxiousness. Good luck in the TWW! Hope it flies by and ends in good news.

Maybe insane, but she poas again before bed, and we watched it turn pink this time. So there is something there, I just don't know if it is something worth getting excited about.

#143 of 394 Old 10-10-2012, 03:58 AM

um easttowest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I think that is def a bfp, my first positive was way lighter than that!  FX your line gets darker and darker. . . WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

jenny. . those socks are wonderful as is that whole picture! 

invitin. . hope that this cycle works out despite all the confusing new information. . a lot to digest and take in. . 

sorry to not finish personals to everyone else . have to run but FX for everyone in the 2WW and getting ready to try!! or in any stage!  

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#144 of 394 Old 10-10-2012, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter

FRER and digital confirmed this morning. So crazy that it is so early... And I hope not too early to get excited. Won't feel truly excited until next week, but I think I am okay being relatively optimistic. I am going to take a step back from the boards until Monday, when she will get a blood test (still five days?!) but I will obviously be thread keeper and cheerleader!

Oh I hope this niblet is here to stay!

#145 of 394 Old 10-10-2012, 05:07 AM

Easttowest - If I recall, your wife wasn't using a trigger shot, so it can't be that. So if you looked at the stick at the right time, it certainly appears to be a positive! Yay to that, and good luck for more pink lines in the coming days!

Edited to add-------

Wait! I didn't see the last page of comments, not sure why! CONGRATS on the digital BFP, Easttowest! Good luck for a sticky bean!

broc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gif

#146 of 394 Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 AM

Invitin - I'm sorry to hear about the polyp, the new procedure, and the chance that you might not be able to insem this month. But it sounds like your doc is taking the right approach, waiting to see how it really looks in hopes that you can still insem! I don't have any experience with that sono thing. Good luck! I hope it's painless and that you get to insem!

#147 of 394 Old 10-10-2012, 06:52 AM

easttowest--Oh, that is pink! Definitely NOT evap! Congrats!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#148 of 394 Old 10-10-2012, 07:33 AM

Okay, easttowest, you may not be ready to get excited yet, so we'll do it for you! Congrats!

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

(Also, I'm really relieved, since I felt sort of guilty about pressuring you into testing!)

Also also, I've heard that early positives indicate early implantation, which is less likely to result in miscarriage. Keeping everything I've got crossed for you guys!

#149 of 394 Old 10-10-2012, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, since we definitely want to make it through the first trimester before telling people and because even then, I don't believe in posting things my wife has peed on on Facebook and the like... this is my only chance to do this and share with people who might be excited for us.

I think it was a few hours delayed, but I'm definitely in the Holy Crap stage.  Still too early to know anything for sure, but until you hold your baby, you don't know anything for sure, right?  Life's a gamble.  But I'm just so thankful we made it to this stage, and we'll see what comes from here.

#150 of 394 Old 10-10-2012, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

e2w - joy.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Tags
Queer Families Common Agendas Gay People Lesbians And Family Values , Ovulens Saliva Ovulation Tester , Fertile Focus Ovulation Microscope , First Response Ovulation Test 7 Test Kit , Manual Of Intrauterine Insemination And Ovulation Induction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page