Queer Conceptions - October 2012 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 394 Old 09-29-2012, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to October! dust.gif

Let's make some summer babies - here we go!

PLEASE PUT YOUR UPDATES IN BOLD!

Waiting to O whistling.gif

*hoping2bmoms

*nemplsgirl

*scorpioma

*granite

*Sphinxy

*fmorris28

*mrsandmrs

*SunandEr

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW fingersx.gif

*outdoorsy

*SanDiego78
Working on IVF makebabe.gif

*kgulbransen

Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be Ready wool.gif

*JustAnotherJenny

*invitnconceptn

*sotohana

*MonkCP

*lovestreet13

*HeatherandKim

*mandalin79

*Photo Girl

*2justicemamas

*twinkleeyes

*justrose13 & JenMostOften

*MrsPP

*wannabmomkt

*rs11

*Amt1015

*darthtunaqueen

*esenbee2

*TineyDreams

*Gellybeangrl

2012 Graduates! babyf.gif
October *cordelia15 joy.gif*pokeyAC joy.gif *easttowest joy.gif *erinTNgirl joy.gif
September *Wishin'&hopin' carrot.gif *lisedea carrot.gif *Tandy401 carrot.gif
August *thenewzero banana.gif*KnittingTigers banana.gif *TaraL banana.gif
July *Cananny broc1.gif
May *mtnlisa joy.gif
April *nosreves carrot.gif
March *SkyandTru banana.gif *JuneBug banana.gif
February *MidwifeStephPDX broc1.gif *SouthernBelle24 broc1.gif
January *Planet joy.gif *Dandylez joy.gif

2011 Graduates!
December * DesertSunsets
November * Aljm41910
October * Vienna79 * KSDoulaMama *Pleasantlyfurious *SwtRainbowBrite * Go_Vegan
September * Smilingsara * Ad Astra * Mumquest
August *Prettyisa
July * Onemommyonemama * Southern Fried Karma
June * CrystalPerez * Qmama42
May * KellySF
April * want2bmumx2 * Indigoscot & DP
March * Graceie * Seraf * 2ezforyou *Mommy55
February * Escher 10/24/11 *SharriKitColorado* DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel 10/2/11

2010 Graduates!
November * Mizyellow 7/25/11 * AmyPDX 7/30/11 * AmandaHope 8/3/11 * Cejae 7/4/11
September * Solejean 5/19/11 * Painefaria 6/5/11
August * Bttrflygypsy 4/10/11 * 2happymamas 4/15/11 * LibraryLady 4/15/11
July * Beastie 3/21/11 * Gumshoegirl007 4/2/11 * Wehrli 4/1/11
June * Coco & DP 2/14/11
May * Burg 2/4/11 * Korey 2/1/11
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama & DP
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!
December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot's dp
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

#2 of 394 Old 09-29-2012, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

I'll start, even though it's not quite October yet.  Please let me know if you're not in the right spot, and I'll move you just as quickly as I can.

Our package arrived at 12:20; boy, was that an anxious twenty minutes.  There was A LOT this time, more than would fit in a 3 cc syringe, so we just did the 3 cc's and wasted the rest.  I figure that's enough to do the trick.  Also looked at the swimmers under a microscope, and they were swimming like crazy!  So if you are shipping with TYB, rest assured that those little guys reach you safe and sound.  They're still swimming now, and it's three hours later.  Now we just have to hope that the timing was good enough that they can swim right up to an egg.

Test date is October 14, and we are definitely waiting until then.

Good luck to everyone waiting for something!

#3 of 394 Old 09-29-2012, 07:35 PM

E2w, i'm glad your parcel arrived in time. fingers crossed for your tww. 

can i be moved to waiting to O? I had my CD3 ultrasound and bloodwork today - no cysts, perfect uterine lining, perfect e2 level. all hail the mighty birth control pills! we're going to do our first follistim injection in half an hour. unfortunately i watched some crazy people's follistim injection videos on youtube, so i am even more freaked out. it's a good thing my wife is totally confident and calm. i literally could not do this without her.

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#4 of 394 Old 09-29-2012, 07:57 PM

easttowest . that sounds perfect!  good to know they were still swimming, that gives me such hope.  Can I ask if you were told not to use the syringe more than once?  Just because we refilled that sucker a few times and I want to know if we shouldn't be doing that!  BABY DUST

msandmrs  that sounds like a good set-up for success. . FX for you! 

AFU . in the right spot!  

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#5 of 394 Old 09-29-2012, 08:14 PM

We did it! We did the first shot! I totally freaked out and didn't want to do it, but really, I couldn't feel the needle at all. What a relief to have that giant hurdle behind me.... I tried to count the number of blood draws and injections between me and a bfp, but the number is too high. One day at a time.

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#6 of 394 Old 09-29-2012, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Cordelia - No, it's not on the recommendation of anyone. Just figured the less poking around in there once the semen is in, the better. On our first try, we did three different insertions, but we probably lost more from the syringe getting coated on the way out than we got in. After seeing how much was in one drop, 3 cc seemed like... If that doesn't get us pregnant, another cc isn't going to help. However you are doing it is fine, I am sure. Plus it gave us extra to look at under the microscope, and I am happy to report that each sample has some live sperm, and we got the package over 9 hours ago. I am sure that if it's alive at room temperature in the TYB, it must be alive where it's supposed to be. At least some of it!

Mrs - Congrats!
#7 of 394 Old 09-30-2012, 06:52 AM

easttowest, congratulations! you did it! My partner wanted to talk to you and share stories- if you are interested, email him at jonah.a.siegel@gmail.com!  Similar ages, insem. techniques, etc. :)

we are in the 2ww still, in 1 week can take the test... I heard the first week is the worst, and if you can take care of yourself during that time you will be much better off. We did okay. Two weeks is a LONG time! 

There has been some confusion in my chart this month, BBT was weird, but I had a LOT of pregnancy signs (change in mucus, nausea, tender breasts, light cramping and fatigue) days after insemination. I believe in the power of the human brain to create symptoms because I SO want to be pregnant, but it's a good sign, right?

me (28) married to dp (30) + 2 dog fur-kids!  TTC our first baby!  baby.gif

BFP in 2009: still grieving my loss

4 tries so far (two with frozen, two with KD): all BFN

#8 of 394 Old 09-30-2012, 07:59 AM

scorpio - do you chart online? care to post it? we have some chart-reading experts around these parts who can offer up advice ! fx for you. 

#9 of 394 Old 09-30-2012, 09:01 AM

scorpiomama. . I personally have given up on symptoms,I have thought I had them the last few and nothing but it does not hurt to hope!  

easttowest. . thanks for the info!  I think our KD just has a lot of stuff (which I know has no correlation to sperm count) but I could not imagine just doing one vial but it sounds like your went perfectly and I can't believe those guys are still swimming!  Makes me want to buy a microscope if we have to do this again!

mrsandmrs. congrats on the first injection! 

AFU. . temp dropped a little this morning and stating to really feel AF cramps so I am losing hope.  DH and I felt good about this cycle too.  Trying to keep hope alive but losing it.   

#10 of 394 Old 09-30-2012, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Scorpio - Symptom spotting is a dangerous game! Unfortunately many pregnacy symptoms are also just normal PMS symptoms, and it will drive you batty trying to distinguish! But always keep hope until AF shows up, it's the only true symptom that tells you anything.

Cordelia - I will keep my fingers crossed for you until you know for sure. You're only, what, 10 DPO?

AFU - I think I have already lost hope in this cycle, but I am trying to stay positive. DW got another positive this morning! I didn't even think that was possible with the digital OPKs. She has had dark lines on the non-digital ones from Friday evening until now. When on earth will she ovulate? I guess it doesn't matter, we inseminated yesterday, and that's the best we can do this cycle.
#11 of 394 Old 09-30-2012, 02:07 PM

easttowest. . you think we post enough on this board?  I wouldn't count yourself out. . was it someone on here who said they got pregnant with shipped doing two days before ovulation?  that is stressful about the timing though. . has DW's temp gone up?  I will keep my FX for you too. and I am only 9 DPO and have been having inconsistent cycles so AF could be here anywhere from Tue-Saturday

#12 of 394 Old 09-30-2012, 05:03 PM

Thanks for all the support everyone- you are all right about the symptom spotting, for sure!!

Here is my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3aa653

We did in-home ICI insem.

Keep in mind it looks NOTHING like last month, which is why we inseminated when we did- which looks like it might be early. Sigh.

Who are the chart experts? :)

Send 'em my way!

Also, just for a laugh, I just googled AF. HA! How did I not know that? Sheepish.gif

Cordelia: I think we are on the same timetable!  8DPO... :)

#13 of 394 Old 09-30-2012, 05:15 PM

Threadcrashing because of how much I love to read charts...smile.gif

scorpio--Did you ever get a positive OPK? From the way your chart looks now, it appears that you ovulated on CD18. I could definitely be wrong, but that is what it looks like to me. Have you been charting a while? If so, when do you typically ovulate?

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#14 of 394 Old 09-30-2012, 05:56 PM

mrsandmrs - awesome! we'll be starting injectables probably tomorrow/tuesday if all looks OK with the u/s & bloodwork tomorrow... I will admit I'm pretty nervous about giving my wife the shot! & am hoping to get a little 'tutorial' from our dr in the next day or so... we're doing Menopur & Follistim

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#15 of 394 Old 09-30-2012, 06:09 PM

lisedea: no positive OPK. I had EARLY fertile mucus for me, and that's why we did it early, and the cervix looked open... 

normally ovulate CD19. So... Yeah. I probably missed the window, unless I ovulated twice, haha!

I have been charting 2 months. 

Sigh. I guess we'll just wait and see!:(

#16 of 394 Old 09-30-2012, 06:21 PM

SanDiego -- Yay, we can be injectable buddies! We'll only be a few days apart! We are using the Follistim pen. it is like, stupidly easy to use. do you have to mix the menopur and follistim yourself, or do two injections? are you doing ivf or iui? Our nurse did a training for us, but by the time we actually had to do the injections, we were both kind of "uhhh, what are the steps again?" fortunately there are eleventy thousand videos on the various pharmacy/fertility clinic/pharmaceutical company websites. Plus they gave us a dvd, but I'm pretty sure we found the same video on the follistim website. You will be totally fine. I am the biggest crybaby about needles and injections, and it was totally fine. 

#17 of 394 Old 09-30-2012, 07:32 PM

Lisedea- you are having triplets? WOW! Congrats!

#18 of 394 Old 09-30-2012, 07:45 PM

mrsandmrs : Great news! I'm so glad your cyst is GONE.

e2w: Sounds like excellent timing. Woah! Is all I can say about your swimmers! I can't believe they are still swimming at room temp so may hours later!

Cordelia: Crossing my fingers for you that you're still in the game! 

AFM: It turns out that my cyst was "inactive" and my estradiol level was within normal range.  My period was kind of weird, but adequate.  So, I got the green light to go ahead and try this cycle.  Tonight is my last night of clomid -- I was out of town until late last night, so I have a bit of catching up to do.  I hope I didn't leave out too many people.

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#19 of 394 Old 10-01-2012, 03:10 AM

Hey everyone.

My chart on FF says that I ovulated on day 18, and we inseminated on day 12. There were signs this month that were more noticeable than last month and so I thought ovulation was coming early- in fact I was sure of it. Due to this, I either ovulated twice and could be pregnant (doubtful) or AF will come in due time. So discouraging! 

This puts me at a late October insem- I think we might try 3 ICI vials this time, and since I ovulated on the pretty much the same day both September and October, it will give us better data to go on.

I am kind of sad but also keeping up spirits. 

I watched the Business of Being Born the other day, what an excellent movie!

How is everyone?

Happy Monday... :)

#20 of 394 Old 10-01-2012, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Scoprio - Sorry that you may have missed your ovulation! It's difficult to get a hang of. DW charted for three months before we even started trying just to get a handle on what was happening. FF has also never been great at telling us when she ovulated, so listen to your body first and foremost. I would recommend trying OPK strips twice a day. Otherwise you might miss a + if you have a short surge. Good luck!

Jenny - That's great news! Congrats.

Good luck to everyone who is starting injections soon!

AFU - All signs point to ovulation yesterday, and we inseminated Saturday, so I think we were actually perfect. Temperature spiked today, so the TWW officially begins. I am feeling good, but I have felt good before and been let down, so we will just see. She will stop temping after we have a confirmed rise, so I think that will be good for putting this on the back burner. We have other exciting things coming up, so I am hopeful we can just live our lives for these weeks.
#21 of 394 Old 10-01-2012, 11:39 AM

Trigger scheduled for tonight, insem Wed. a.m.

My best to everybody ---

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#22 of 394 Old 10-01-2012, 12:17 PM

whoo hoo outdoorsy! hope this is it for you!! 

e2w - sounds like your timing turned out better than you could have planned ! 

scorpio - that is frustrating. Looking at your chart, it does look like CD18 was O for you. Have you read that book Taking Charge of Your Fertility? They recommend using three 'symptoms' to pinpoint O - like BBT, CM, OPKs, cervix position, etc. Or whatever three signs work for you. Any one or two signs can be misleading, but when you have more signs, they give you a better picture. Hopefully having more chart data over time will help you be more familiar with your cycle too. Do you know how many days your cycle was before you started charting? 

AFM - hot flashes have started. two shots down. yay, i guess? 

#23 of 394 Old 10-01-2012, 02:13 PM

Hey everyone, just stopping by real quick to update. Swimmers have officially shipped. They'll be in tomorrow by 3. DayFollie scan tomorrow morning nd trigger! IuI the next day! Can't wait! FX for everyone!joy.gif

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#24 of 394 Old 10-01-2012, 03:17 PM

Easttowest: Could you please put me under waiting to know?

We inseminated on Saturday and today with known donor. I really
hope the change in donors works!

Good luck to everyone!!!!!
#25 of 394 Old 10-01-2012, 03:27 PM

fmmorris.  yay!  good luck. . 

outdoorsy. . I am going to be sending you serious vibes from Wed morning and for about ten days after that!  FX THIS IS IT!

erin. . baby dust to you! hope this donor makes the difference.  or hope something makes the difference! 

mrsandmrs. . hang in there through those shots. . think end goal!!!!!!

AFU. . don't know what to think, temp dropped a little more this morning and had AF cramps but took my temp super early so who knows, took it again later after falling back asleep and it was a little higher so who knows.  will test again in the AM and FX!!  Just hope if AF is going to come she can wait until at least Wed or it will probably put me in that Sun-MOn zone that is bad for shipping! 

#26 of 394 Old 10-01-2012, 08:06 PM

mrsandmrs - yay to injection buddies! We just finished day one, which was not too bad...they are two separate shots.  Though our process today for getting the syringes was a serious pain in the ass... we bought our meds overseas as they were cheaper & syringes were not provided.  My wife also got her cd3 bloodwork done today but results won't be ready until tomorrow, we took a chance that all will look ok and started shots tonight....I will say that the process for mixing the Menopur & water was a little confusing, but it worked out.  My wife said it was not too painful, phew.

good luck to everyone TTC, and happy October 1st!

#27 of 394 Old 10-01-2012, 08:12 PM

also, does anyone know if it's ok to keep the Follistim pen in the fridge with the cartridge in it? I'm assuming yes, but let me know if I'm wrong... thanks all

#28 of 394 Old 10-02-2012, 04:04 AM

so. . . .  . I tested this morning and there was def a faint line.  Barely there, but there.  I don't know whether to be excited or scared or both.  DH is not convinced and wants another test.  If it is I seriously credit my miracle worker/witch doctor of an acupuncturist.  Okay FX, FX!  And of course I have to fly on Saturday which makes me nervous and I don't know why.  It just seems like flying this early is bad, though I know I did it last time at this same exact time frame!  

#29 of 394 Old 10-02-2012, 04:42 AM

Yay! Cordelia!   Stick baby stick!!!!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#30 of 394 Old 10-02-2012, 05:29 AM

Woo-hoo Cordelia! Sending you good vibes for a sticky bean!!!!!

Erin - Congrats on the insem! Fingers crossed for you!

Mrsandmrs - stay strong with those shots - you can do it!

Fmorris - So glad they've shipped. Good luck with the insem!

babyf.gif... due in late June.

Tags
Queer Families Common Agendas Gay People Lesbians And Family Values , Ovulens Saliva Ovulation Tester , Fertile Focus Ovulation Microscope , First Response Ovulation Test 7 Test Kit , Manual Of Intrauterine Insemination And Ovulation Induction

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page