Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting! November, December, and January 2013!!! - Page 26 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-18-2013, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lise yeah, that is the gist of what I heard, and then I read an article from a mom who swore by them. Seems like with any brand/system, it all depends on the size and shape of baby. The article was called something like The Truth About gDiapers. I found an ad on craigslist that had the pants for $9 each and the cloths, 18 for $24. So I am thinking of getting those now and trying out the system when baby gets here. If it doesn't work, then it won't be such a wasted expense.

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Hey I love talking about cloth diapers :) I put this in a spoiler cause its a bit long and maybe folks don't want to read my diaper ramblings :)!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I've used G-diapers and didn't like them. The covers got unsticky fast and would fall off. The inserts were not very effective (including the disposable). We have two small covers and some inserts and didn't use them at all for DD2. I don't even want to give them away or sell them. They are not at all useful. I have a snap press so should through some snaps on it, but not inspired.

I mainly use prefolds (bummis).

I highly recommend buying/making snap covers over velcro covers because my kids wore out velcro fast with crawling, etc... I replaced all my velcro with snaps and now buy only snaps or pull on wool.

Other diapers I've used and thoughts:

Two thumbs up:

- Bumgenius 4.0 Onesize (with the two microfiber liners). Awesome absobancy. Worked as a great nighttime diaper up to 6 months (then needed more absorbancy) Now used as a day time diaper when need more absorbancy then prefold. Easy to replace elastic. Seem to be made for a long haul.

-Motherease onesize - I use these with two microfiber (from the bumgenius above) liners for my nighttime diapers now with a wool cover. I really struggled to find a night time diaper that worked for my kids in their heaviest night time wetness (6 months to nightwean). This works great for us. Not too bulky. Diaper feels dryer or as dry as a sposie in the morning.

-Flip diaper covers - I agree. these are my favourite PUL. They adjust, they are strong. They don't stain easily. great design.

-motherease airflow covers - I just started using these and really like how the adjust. They may replace flip as my favourite - not sure :)

-Wool covers - takes some getting used to but I love these for night time especially. washing is really easy actually. Aristrocats and some homemade.

-Bummis prefolds - my set have been used for 3 years and are just starting to show wear but are totally usable - will last Sage until potty training I think (so two kids). I used the small size (both kids grew out at 6 months). That size could last like 8 more kids (I wish!). But the large have gotten lots of use and I don't believe would take me to another kid. I plan on cutting them for other things :)

Bummis fleece liners. I got these for free and love them. They make the diaper feel drier than it is. I like putting them in night time diapers.

Good enough:

- swadlebees

- kanga pocket diapers

-bummis snap covers

- thirties duo covers in snap (these stain and wear a bit faster than bummis but adjust sizes) I like flip the best so far, seem stronger. don't stain.

Meh:

- totbots bamboozles

Not good:

-gdiapers

- velcro covers (in my opinion)

- bummis organic onesize diaper (material wore out fast!!)

- for me, I don't like an all in one diaper that you don't stuff because you need to air dry it, and in the winter, this is a pain here.

- disposable liners that sit on top of the cloth diaper. A waste, and seem to never really catch poop anyhow...

My simplist ideal store-bought diaper stash would have prefolds, flip covers, and 3-4 nighttime diapers (motherease onesize for me with microfiber linings). If I had a bit more to spare I'd get/make a wool cover or two for night time. If even extra, I'd get a couple more nighttime diapers for use for longer car journies/days out, etc...

I've struggled with good nighttime diapers so am so happy to have found something that works. ANyone else have good nighttime diaper combinations? I used sposies with my DD1 6months-18months because of this. So far so good wtih DD2 (10 months and drinks/pees lots at night).

Max - Hoping you are holding your daughter soon! :)

Carmen - :)! hi!

All - loving how active this group is!

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

Old 01-18-2013, 07:17 PM

OneMamaOneMommy--our never leak, night-time, solution was bumgenius stuffed with TWO doublers and a prefold.  And, I had a kid who nursed every hour and a half ALL NIGHT until night weaning (14 months).   

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

Old 01-18-2013, 07:21 PM

WIshin - what kind of doublers? :) how did you fit the prefold and doublers in the bumgenius? I'm going to try it :)! thanks!

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

Old 01-18-2013, 07:21 PM

lisedea- I love your portraits. They are so beautiful and you two look so happy.

seraf- you are hilarious, and yes I would like to see the diapers you made.

AFM- The due date is tomorrow and we are still waiting. I got a call from birthmom yesterday to let us know her text messaging wasn't working well right now but no new news. I'm pumping and creating more than every before, about a half an ounce per pumping. I feel like a super lactater. superhero.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 01-18-2013, 07:35 PM

Go Max!  That's awesome on the pumping!  ELV to your kiddo's birth mom and best wishes in the waiting!  

OneMommyOneMama--hemp doubler, the bumgenius insert and tri-folded GMD prefold (he looked ABSURD, but hey, it worked--and he has a huge bladder, now that he's daytime dry we know that he can hold his pee for six hours, easy)

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

Old 01-18-2013, 07:45 PM

So busy on here! I can't keep up! I've been busy then tired, then busy then tired, repeat :) But hi to everyone!!

Oh, and I saw someone mention gdiapers. We had a couple in our stash early on. I didn't love the fit and I didn't like that they didn't breathe but they never leaked - we used our prefolds in them. I never tried the disposable inserts but I've also heard they are a nightmare. They are awfully cute too! We loved bummis and flip covers with prefolds. We also switched to disposables at night sometime around 9 months or something as we couldn't find one that stayed dry all night and we were lazy.

I'm 11w2d. It seems surreal that I'll be 12 weeks next wednesday! Our fts u/s is on the 29th. After that we hope to share the news with people. And, the big news is, we're about 90% sure we're selling our townhouse and moving to the house that DP grew up in! She owns it with her brother and he has no interest in it - he lives out of town. We have thought about buying him out but we have decided to live there for a year and then decide what to do. It's been rented out until this past fall.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 01-18-2013, 07:58 PM

Hey All

Max.. great job on pumping.. are you getting nervous?

Cloth Diapers.. Oh how much time I have spent researching ,.. we decided to do pre folds and simple wraps/covers.. we figure this was the most eco way with triplets.. I do have some all in ones we will use .. I think we may do disposables at night until they are not being fed all night long.. I know nothing about CD.. I am hoping I learn as I go.. I personally am afraid to CD three babies.. but as I said I do hope to get the hang of it fast..

Seraf.. love the pic of the kids.. esp Soren's diaper...

Sorry to miss people... I cant really remember who wrote what sometimes...

Oh Bigfoot/Mrs. Protein is my hardest to get in.. I am not vegetarian and still have a hard time.. I def do not count the amount I eat.. but I do try to eat some sort of it every time I eat.. 

My dr did not want me to follow Dr Luke.. I am already overweight and he did not want me to gain to much. I was scolded when I gained 11 pds in the 1st trimester.. but I listened to my body and I just eat when I'm hungry.. and be sure to eat even on mornings I don't feel like it..  I am 29 weeks and have gained 40 ish pounds so far.. and prob will gain 10 more?

AFM... 29  weeks on Sunday.. meaning we have 5 weeks to go.. 5 weeks! 

Had growth scan today.. Baby A is 2 lbs 14 oz... Baby B is 2 lbs1 oz ( our little guy and the baby who has SUA) and Baby C is 3 lbs! . C is big .. I think he will look like my brother.. by the U/S.. hes very chubby cheeked and looks like a little football player compared to his brothers.. Its cool to see the difference.. They all had great HB and fluids were good.. My cervix was 2.75 so  a little shorter than it was 3 weeks ago.. but they are not worried... I of course worry and I worry about Baby B.. He needs to gain weight!!

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 PM

Just chiming in real quick on the CDs: We have several different types of diapers, because we didn't know what we'd like best.  I bought all our diapers used, so they've been very affordable.  Our preference in diapering is a Thirsties cover with a prefold.  When Ever was littler, we used size 0 Kissaluv fitteds under a Thirsties cover at night and it took A LOT for her to leak.  Now the Kissaluvs don't fit and we haven't bought any of the next size up; we just use a cover with a prefold and a doubler, or a pocket with a prefold and a doubler at night.

We usually can use just 2 Thirsties covers for a whole day.  We have a few Flips, and we like them well enough, but my favorite part of the Thirsties is that they have the extra leg gusset.  The Flips don't have that, so I'm a little predjudiced against them.  

Cloth diapers were intimidating to us at the start, until we realized that it's simply the sheer amount of information out there that's intimidating.  Using cloth and washing cloth is simple and we love it (I should mention that I'm still working out the perfect way to strip diapers in our hard water, but I think I've finally got it!).  I would encourage everybody to start trying it part time at first, if it's really overwhelming.  If you have some disposables around as backup, it might feel less intimidating.  

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:21 PM

Wow, there is a lot going on around here; it's hard to keep up!  I read this forum every day (on my phone) while nursing, but I HATE typing on my phone (it auto-corrects almost every word I write to be the wrong word), so I don't comment as often as I would like.

I have to share with you guys that I am SO proud of my little Wylie Blue.  He is sleeping in his little rocking bed (the "Rock n Play," which totally rules, in my opinion) like a champ, as if he didn't refuse to sleep anywhere but on a body for the first 12 weeks of his life!  So sometimes I get to come on here and type my responses the old fashioned way. :)  Pretty awesome.  Also, DP and I have been able to lay him down for nighttime sleep around 7pm-ish in the rocking bed, then we stay up and watch a movie (really quietly, while rocking him)!  This is a really big deal for us; we weren't really having evenings to ourselves AT ALL (especially me, when I spent a couple weeks trying to nurse him to sleep lying down in the bed and sneak away, but he wouldn't let me sneak away so I would just be in bed all night starting around 7pm....which as it turned out was NOT fun for me!).  DP was like, "Maybe we should stop doing this since you're bored out of your mind."  And I was like, "But it's working really well!" and DP was like, "Except that you're bored, miserable, and sore from not moving for two hours..." and I was like, "Oh, right.  It's working for Wylie, but not for me.  Aha!" So this is what we do now.  And it's freakin miraculous. So I wanted to share. ;)

On the diaper discussion, I wanted to chime in on the Gdiapers.  A friend gave us a couple of the Gdiaper covers, liners, and disposal inserts.   We were like, "What on earth are these???" and decided to give them a try, since they were free.  They were okay, but Wylie outgrew the little covers quickly, so we didn't use them for long.  One thing is that even though the inserts say they are flushable, you have to peel off the top layer of the insert and only flush that part, and it wasn't super easy so we just threw them away (because who wants to deal with complicated poo-covered pads when you have a million other things you need to deal with?).  Also, we live in an old building, and we thought our plumbing probably wouldn't be able to handle them being flushed.  So the diapers worked fine (no leaks), but were not any more eco-friendly than disposable diapers.  But maybe other people would have an easier time than we did trying to peel off the top layer.  I wouldn't use them again unless they were free.  I'm not surprised they have negative reviews.  I didn't know that you could use cloth inserts with them; that makes a lot more sense in a way, and I think that would work great, as long as the covers fit the baby well.

We use Seventh Generation (hippie brand) disposable diapers at night because they don't leak and don't wake up the sensitive little guy by getting all pee-drenched.  I am interested in the different multi-layered cloth nighttime diapering solutions y'all are sharing.  Maybe one day we will try some of them.  I have to say I am impressed with you guys!  We do some things just to make life a tiny bit easier for ourselves (sposies at night and for some long outings, cloth diaper service); I have trouble getting ANYTHING done when I am home with the baby (I can barely get enough to eat some days!) so I am amazed by all you parents who bake, sew, cook, etc.).  Maybe when Wylie is older it will be easier to do things?  I look forward to him being a toddler who can "help!"

CaNanny, that's awesome that your boys are growing!  Good job mama!!!  I bet baby B will catch up quickly.  You are so close!  How are you feeling (aside from worried)?  You are doing such a great job growing those little guys and taking care of yourself. :)

Carmen, YAY!  So exciting - the almost-12-weeks AND the move!  Is the house near where you currently live? 

Lise, you look amazing!  What beautiful photos.  How are you feeling?

Max, that's great about the pumping!  How are you feeling?

Wylie is four months old!  Here are a few photos.  He is a love:

Ready for a walk in the cold:

He always wakes up grinning in the  morning:

He is a charmer.

Queer parent on the adventure of a lifetime raising my sweet little guy, born at home in September 2012, with the love of my life by my side!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:44 PM

Planet, he's a cutie. Yay for sleep!

CaNanny, they're getting big!

Max, half an ounce! Woo hoo!

We don't have a magic night diaper, Shay is dry at night so long as he has a diaper on. We change Soren a couple of times a night because he is restless when he's wet. He wears an elastic belt with a flat or prefold tucked into it. I just pull the wet one out one handed and chuck it into the wet bucket and tuck a new one in. They both sleep on fleece blankets to keep the bed dry. When I was sleep deprived in the beginning, I would take wet diapers off Shay in my sleep and put them in top of the dry diapers.

Also, wool. I love wool longies. They are cute, warm and dry.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 01-18-2013, 10:57 PM

Planet.. im doing ok.. I can still walk.. the nurses at the NICU were shocked to see me up and about still.. I get very tired and cant walk long distances but I still manage :) I have not been sleeping to well.. as its quite un comfy.. but the longer they stay in.... the better..5 weeks .. 5 weeks.. 

Seraf.. Yeah they are getting big.. its a 2 edged sword. knowing their weights makes me worry a little.. but then not knowing would make me worry too.. Its such a diff experience than carrying one baby.. 

:)

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

Old 01-19-2013, 06:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Max--that's awesome on the pumping!

Carmen--my dad and his wife bought her childhood home, and it's so sweet to go and visit them. She has pictures of her as a little kid playing in the places Edie is playing now, which just feels special. I hope it works out for you!

Cananny--So amazing that you have those three growing babies all going strong! keep up the good work!

Planet--I'm so happy that Wylie has found his sleeping groove! And I love the pic in the carrier--I'm going to have to try to copy that hat, if I ever get anywhere with learning to crochet...

Cloth diapers: we have been using thirstees duo snap covers with prefolds all along and it's been mostly great. We have a couple flips, which are ok (I don't love how the snaps go--so confusing late at night! but then, we're probably trying too hard for snapping perfection before dawn for that to matter). She's been ending up in disposables more and more lately, though, which is almost entirely because DP is waging some kind of silent protest against the cloth. I think it's because we no longer have nice EBF poo and she's grossed out. We're also going to try using a doubler at night, since we have them but have never used them, and I think they might solve the need for more absorbancy problem we seem to be having lately. So thanks for all the advice, everyone! I'm hoping it helps me win the war!

Edie is definitely learning to pull herself up on stuff. She doesn't try to cruise anywhere once she's standing, but she's very excited to be able to get to a new vantage point. Here's one of her yesterday at her 9 month photo shoot. I looked away for a minute and she crawled over to the ottoman and stood up. So we handed her the sign.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:31 AM

planet, adorable photos :)

cananny, I'm impressed you're up and about too! Almost time!!

isa, edie is a sweetie too! very cute photo.

The house is about 20 minutes from downtown - about 25 minutes from us. It's a great location on the north shore. There is no way we would be able to afford to buy in the neighbourhood otherwise. They are all 1-3 million dollar homes. Crazy. DP had a great childhood and family life so there are lots of good memories and good energy in the house.The local elementary school has the IB program which is also a bonus if we decide not to home school. And there is also an "open home schooling" school close by as well as the city's waldorf school. All a bonus as we consider what to do education wise. I hope it works out too!

Old 01-19-2013, 02:59 PM

We are Sparkle Stories fans!  And Story Nory and Barefoot Books and Story Home ... which are all good audio story providers.  Barefoot Books is probably the best.  Free!  And with some amazing narrators.  I could go on for AGES about quality audio stories for children, because we are in fact planning to set up a website to sell just that, and so have been researching like mad for quite some time.  E listens to about two hours a day of audio books, and has done for about three years, so I've heard a lot of what's out there.  Once we get our little on-line business up and running, we will most definitely have queer families featured!  And I'll happy give anyone here a discount for spreading the word!  Right now we're looking into production requirements and web capacity, so we're still a ways off.  No queers in Sparkle Stories that I've heard yet.

Diapers ... We are Fuzzi Bunz fans.  We have used about 16 of each size (I'm not a fan of the one-size thing), bought used off of CL for our first child, and are using them again for DS.  We've spent maybe $200 on them, all put together?  We use bamboo inserts and doublers at night.  When we travel we use 7th Generation sposies.  I don't like gdiapers.  I've heard that the 'flushable' liners clog up your own pipes and city pipes too.  They didn't fit my children well, either.  And I had a skinny-minny and a chunky-monkey too.  I absolutely love Fuzzi Bunz!  And I would never buy them new.  Craigslist or diaperswappers all the way!  I've used lots of different diapers over the years, but keep reaching for our FBs first.

Carmen! Awesome that you're nearly 12 weeks.  That's great!  And AWESOME about moving!  Whereabouts?  So exciting to get into a HOUSE around here!  Way to go!

Hi everyone else!

xo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin'&hopin' View Post

Hey folks!  Does anyone subscribe to Sparkle Stories?  (It's an old fashioned radio show style subscription service for children's stories)  I am thinking about ordering for DS (he listens to audio books/wee sing cds for quiet rest time).  If you have a subscription, is it any good?  How is the quality?  Are ANY GLBT families represented?  (I e-mailed the company, but thought I'd ask here)

That said, I got a GREAT deal on a 6 pack of BumGenius (it's what we use for overnight once baby stops pooping at every nursing and is sleeping more than a couple of hours in a row).  SO excited, it was a local stores clearance!  

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:13 PM

Regarding diapers... We have gDiapers and I am very ambivalent about them. We do not have to change everything every time. We change the pad every time, liner if it has poop, and cover only if there is a leak/explosion. My wife made a ton of pads - much cheaper than buying them and she was able to make them a lot thicker. However, we have had some leaks. I think this is because my 10 lb baby is still too long and skinny for the size we're using. They tend to gap around his legs. We have been using the giant stash if disposables that people gave us for nighttime and those are NB size and fit him fine. I really think the "small" gDiapers are for a pudgier baby. I did not like the design of the "tiny" gDiapers very much and they are supposedly only to be used with disposable/flushable, not cloth pads.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 PM

What AWESOME knowledge has been shared about CDing! It is great to soak all of this in. There really is SOOO much to learn. It's helpful to get everyone's opinion

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

Old 01-19-2013, 08:15 PM

Starling, that sounds all kinds of awesome.

Isa, it's funny, Soren can't crawl, but he cruises. His thighs are no where near as fabulous as E's.

Carmen, what's open home schooling?

Diapering: It's funny because we all have different opinions. I disliked velveo with my first and now (maybe because I double up on diaper changes?) I can't stand snaps and I'm making new Velcro covers. I've been over snaps since Shay learned to roll over.

He escaped half naked at the science museum today (water play, diaper only).

Old 01-19-2013, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Congratulations on the house, Carmen!  That sounds wonderful!  

isa--Edie looks so cute in her Thirsties!  I think we might go with those.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:46 PM

Starling, it's in North Van - I hope I'm not getting excited for nothing! We'll know for sure in the next week or so.

Seraf, I didn't know how to describe the school I'm talking about - here is the website - http://windsorhouseschool.org/

Old 01-20-2013, 09:45 AM

Ah, I should have read your post more carefully, Carmen!  Of course you're talking about North Van.  Awesomesauce!  

We are keeping Windsor House in the back of our minds in case E or H want to try out brick-and-mortar school down the road, although I have some serious reservations about the place, which I'd be happy to get into over coffee at a campsite sometime when you're big and preggo!  You can borrow our blow up bed!  

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:58 AM

I'm a lurker from QC - I am gobsmacked by the CD info! Perhaps at some point in the future we can create a separate post for it? I know I won't be able to find this amazing info when I need it smile.gif

me (38) + wife (34), one fabulous fur-son.  Newlyweds starting TTC Feb 2013 for our first baby!

Old 01-20-2013, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This might be helpful too:

http://themiddleofeverything.wordpress.com/2012/03/01/the-mother-of-all-online-cloth-diapering-guides/

It was written by someone on here, actually, but I can't remember her username!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
Old 01-20-2013, 03:23 PM

Cananny- you are a master baby carrier! Such a great job you've done of keeping hose babies in here!

Whoever suggested larger breast pump flanges to me, thank you. Pumping doesn't hurt at all now which is such a relief. We are officially one day past due today and I'm starting to come to terms with having an Aquarian baby. I don't know much about that sign but I'm hoping she is of the "humanitarian" type.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 01-20-2013, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Max--Ha! We totally did our best to arrange around my DP's weird obsession with NOT having a gemini. She has some weird prejudice against them (despite several excellent friends and one mother in law who personify its better aspects!). Funny that you're having some similar thoughts. smile.gif

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:36 PM

starling, I have mixed feelings about all the options at this point lol But yes, I'd love to hear your thoughts on Windsor House. We hope to get DP's VW on the road this summer so perhaps a caravan is in order ;) (ps both my nieces boyfriends are grads from Windsor house - one of them is in the video on the site - but I have yet to ask their impressions)

chortles, there is a whole section on MDC on cloth diapering as well :)

max, I'm so glad pumping is no longer hurting. I remember the pain of nursing the first few days - I was in agony and when my milk finally came in it was such a relief! I used to care about what sign my future children but after actually going through the process I didn't really care :) This new baby will be a Leo and it's the one sign I know the least about....with Aquarius being the next mysterious one to me lol

Old 01-21-2013, 01:11 AM

max - i'm glad pumping is going better. less painful is good. you must be on pins and needles with this baby being overdue. i really love virgos, and my wife is a virgo. our due date falls in virgo, and i was so excited about it! then i found out we're having twins, so my best hope is that they stay in long enough to be leos. i have liked leos but i have never really loved a leo. i know that it ultimately will not matter, but i am still kind of irked. irrational, i know. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 AM

Max, yay for the pumping comfort!

Leos are interesting! Soren broke the pattern, besides him all girls in our house are fire signs and the older boys are water. Sara ad Ari are leos. They're intense and wonderful. They would probably be differently intense if I was not a Sagittarius.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:47 AM

This update is all about babywearing. DW wore him in the Ergo when we went to Ikea. I hoped it would be nice bonding time for them. Instead it hurt her back, and she described it as being "strapped to a sweaty, suicidal little oven." I ended up running out to the car to get the stroller. I think the biggest problem is that we used the infant insert - I went for a walk without it yesterday and was fine.

My birthday is this week (hello Aquarians!) and I asked for a ring sling, which I really hope I'll be able to nurse in. Does anyone here have advice for nursing while babywearing with large, low-hanging boobies?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:48 AM

Sage is 10 months today. Woke up to her smiling beside me and we had a little snuggle. Morning time will always remind me of the day she joined our family in person.

Which by the way happened on the cusp of Pieces/Aries. My wife is pieces and I am a stubborn and know it all aries :) we were both gently encouraging sage to be born under our sign. She chose both I suppose. Labour started the afternoon of the last day under pieces and everyone, including the midwifes predicted she'd arrive under that sign. But Sage planned a sunnyside up afair that stretched into the sunrising on the 21st of march - and an aries, she is. Though grasping hold of pieces for sure.

Max. I am just so very excited for you. I'm glad pumping is more comfortable and that you are so very close to holding her :) !!!

Cananny - you are awesome. Thinking of you in these last weeks. I hope you are as comfortable as possisible and that you are able to get restful sleep!

Isa - I love that pic of Edie :) so sweet. And so capturing her at 9 months. Leaving the blanket. Soon she will be jumping up and down wtih the sign... :)

S&D - I'd love to try a fuzzy B. I've heard loads love them. Just need to find some used :) How is your household these days?

carmen - just smiling and cheering - so happy :)! how are you feeling at 12 weeks?

Seraf - true. I did love velcro at that age for the speed! :)

M&M - I love your twins in your weeks counter there :) makes me smile every time.

Hi to all !!!

Here are some pics of Sage taken this past month :

Smirky smiles

Bundled up to watch skating

Using unstable bouncer to stand - she loves the thrill...lol.

Tags
Queer Families Common Agendas Gay People Lesbians And Family Values , Lesbian And Gay Foster And Adoptive Parents Recruiting Assessing And Supporting An Untapped Resource , After Miscarriage Medical Facts And Emotional Support For Pregnancy Loss
User Tag List