Queer Conceptions: December 2012 - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 396 Old 12-22-2012, 04:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone, for your thoughts on flying while pregnant. I am already definitely flying in March, maybe in April, so I'm going to take my time and decide whether the May trip would be worth it. It might start to feel like too much, but I don't have to register for a while. The potential upside is that even though it's for business I think DW would be available to come with me since the semester should be over by then, and it's in a city she really wants to visit. So we'll see. 

esenbee -  I would love to hear more about declining the body scanners. I have gone through them before, but I definitely would not want to once pregnant. Is there anything special that you need to do or bring, or do you just tell the TSA guard when you get in line? 

2justicemamas & fmorris - Wow, moving at this time of year must be a challenge! Good luck to you, I hope you find exactly what you need.

fille - I know I'm a little late to respond, but I wanted to let you know that I read your post a few days ago, and I've been chewing on it in my mind. I totally agree with the others that this woman was out of line. It's as if she was on the right path with being a good sounding board, and then took a hard right turn down the road to judgement - with probably some of her own regrets mixed in with what she projected onto you. Separate from that, you've mentioned a few times your thoughts on money, and I think those are totally valid fears. You are so not alone there. I know a few people who have waited to feel "financially ready" to have kids, and I can't say they are any better or worse off than the people who didn't. I was sort of in that camp while DW was in grad school - I thought that with me working and her in school, it was no time for a baby. Maybe I was right, maybe I was wrong. I don't know. But I can tell you that two years later there are still unanswered questions and potentially scary choices to make around money. I don't think that goes away, for anyone. Remember that article that came out in The Atlantic a while ago, about why women can't have it all? I'll never forget my mother's response - she hated it. She's worked my whole life, and she never expected to "have it all". She says that sacrifice is a natural part of life, and we have to have the courage to make tough choices and manage through the effects of those choices in order to be happy - no one gets a pass, and everyone's sacrifices are different. I think it's awesome that your child will have a mom who has thought out her intentions so thoroughly.
And on another note, thanks for making me laugh with the probability comment. DW enjoyed it too since she teaches statistics. 

merstone - Welcome! wave.gif We're so happy you've joined us. And you are among good company with your frustration - figuring out the timing sucks!  

Afm, this has been my easiest TWW because I have convinced myself so well that there's no chance I'm pregnant. I'm 9DPO and already looking forward to January. No potential travel to get in our way, lots of lessons learned from our previous attempts. I feel like January is our month. The only thing I'm not really looking forward to is the potential conversations with our families about me not being pregnant yet when we go to the various Christmas gatherings this week. I don't regret telling those who know, but at the same time I don't really want to talk about it. I just want to enjoy the holidays. Hopefully they will give me some space. And then there's the aunt who doesn't know we're TTC, but always finds a way to shove a baby in my face at family get togethers to remind me that I "need one of these". Ugh... 

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#272 of 396 Old 12-22-2012, 07:55 AM

Welcome Merstone! wave.gifI hope your ttc #2 process is quick! Interesting to read that you got your first BFP shortly after an HSG. I'm going for an HSG on Monday and I'm hoping it (in addition to finding any blockages, and figuring out an anomaly the my RE found on an ultrasound) clears the path for January with our first IUI. 

Hey all to all those in the TWW, any updates? Anybody POAS yet?

AFM, like many others on here we are mid-holiday stress (with an HSG thrown in the middle of it) traveling around southern CA and then to Boston Xmas day. As for body scanners, we travel with our dog to the east coast every 6 months and we never go through body scanners because dogs can't go through them. We just carry our lil fur baby and get pat down, its really not all that invasive and doesn't bother me or DP. We also often fly out of or into small regional airports that don't have body scanners, which is nice and so much less stressful. Not the case this time though, only big awful airports for the holidays. 

#273 of 396 Old 12-22-2012, 09:36 AM

we're getting so close to all the January cycles that are going to start! how is everyone feeling? 

Welcome Merstone ! wave.gif I'm in the PNW too. 

afm - i'm 11 dpo. i feel like crap and i'm super exhausted. our kiddo is sick, and i am really hoping he hasn't shared the germs with me. this process is so draining and painful, i would hate to be sick on top of it. 

anyone besides Scorpio testing yet?

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#274 of 396 Old 12-22-2012, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Welcome Merstone!

I am determined to not test until 12/24.
If we have to do the january cycle we'll order on New Years Eve to get the 25% discount our bank currently offers. We would also switch from the donor I liked best (sports student) to my DPs favorite (photographer).

#275 of 396 Old 12-22-2012, 01:50 PM

Sphinxy- your Mom sounds like she was a great role model. I really like what she had to say about that article. She seems very level headed, which is a great thing for a mom to be. My Dad is like this too. I'm telling you- he's been such an amazing teacher to me and I know he's so much of the reason I'm as sane as I am today.

Thanks for checking in on us, mrs&mrs. AFM, CD 1 today. It started immediately after acupuncture about 40 minutes ago. DW is in her session now. Good things are on the horizon. My lp is lengthening and the acupuncturist says that my tongue looks better- whatever that means. DW saw a new OBGYN the other day and she was really happy with her. Besides having amazingly soft, cozy robes, she also was patient with DW and gentle and she explained wht she was doing in really understandable terms. She suggested to DW that they "push reset" on Dw's body ( she hasn't had a period since July) by giving her a 10 day dose of estrogen. It's working as far as I can tell! She's been sleeping more an wanting to work out and he's been super emotional in a sweet way. Fingers crossed that she can start trying again soon! If she can then we would go back an forth from month to month until one of us gets pregnant.

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#276 of 396 Old 12-22-2012, 01:52 PM

P.s. sorry for all the misspellings. I'm on my phone.

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#277 of 396 Old 12-22-2012, 05:00 PM

Welcome.gifmerstone! Thanks for telling us about yourself... FX for you in this TWW!

I hope your HSG goes well, twomommyfamily... I know lots of folks have no trouble at all with the procedure, and it really does seem to increases chances of conception in the following months. Mine was awful, unfortunately: Incredibly and unexpectedly painful with cramping for days to follow, and I found out I had a blocked tube, which made me super depressed. However! I don't think my experience was typical! And both my RE and my acupuncturist say that the blocked tube was most likely a false positive caused by my body's reactive cramping, which apparently happens a lot. Good luck.

mrsandmrs, I'm sorry that you're feeling so bad... Hand in there! hug2.gif

Hurrah for good news, sotohana!

All of you TWWers, I'm throwing piles and piles of baby-dust your way... goodvibes.gif

AFM: As expected, I started seeing fertile CM yesterday afternoon, the day my clinic closes for the holidays! Arg. So annoying, the timing of things.

In other news, happy Solstice! DP and I exchanged gifts last night, and she loves the new kitten. Unfortunately, she was holding said kitten when our dog tried to lick it, which resulted in the kitten getting upset and biting DP's hand very very hard. So this afternoon, DP got a second and a third gift: A tetanus shot and a course of antibiotics! duh.gif

I wish you all warmth and light in this new season. stillheart.gif

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#278 of 396 Old 12-23-2012, 03:46 AM

i already posted this on the tww thread but this is my real home so it belongs here too. i was not sure that these things could actually show a line? i was so surprised, i took three. apparently it IS possible.

I title this "3AM, By Lamp Light" 

12DPO. 

our fingers are crossed. i think we're going to take a digital on xmas and send a photo to my mom. she will cry so much! 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#279 of 396 Old 12-23-2012, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Mrs, joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
#280 of 396 Old 12-23-2012, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mrs, joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
#281 of 396 Old 12-23-2012, 06:02 AM

Congrats!! So happy for you!!!

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#282 of 396 Old 12-23-2012, 07:00 AM

M&M joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif
joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif
#283 of 396 Old 12-23-2012, 09:12 AM

CONGRATS MRSANDMRS!

Oh my gosh, I am sorry happy for you. I am so happy that your TWW has ended! We can't wait to hear more!

This is so wonderful!

BFP!!!!

jumpers.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gif

jumpers.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gif

me (28) married to dp (30) + 2 dog fur-kids!  TTC our first baby!  baby.gif

BFP in 2009: still grieving my loss

4 tries so far (two with frozen, two with KD): all BFN

#284 of 396 Old 12-23-2012, 09:40 AM

thanks everybody. it is still hella early so we're trying not to get too crazy, but i am feeling stoked on life today. i have a beta scheduled for dec 26, so i guess we'll know more then. 

i had an idea that something was weird when i couldn't eat pizza last night. that has never happened to me in the history of the world. i mean, it's pizza. 

#285 of 396 Old 12-23-2012, 10:18 AM

Yay, mrsandmrs!!!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#286 of 396 Old 12-23-2012, 03:31 PM

MRSANDMRS!!!! YAY! THIS IS SO FRICKEN AWESOME!!!!

(sorry, on my phone, hence no veg parade.smile.gif

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#287 of 396 Old 12-23-2012, 05:29 PM

Ditto, on my phone, no icons. But OMG, YAY!!!!! M&M, FTW!!!!!!

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#288 of 396 Old 12-23-2012, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Congratulations mrsandmrs!  So exciting!  Sending good vibes for a sticky bean and a happy and healthy 9 months!

joy.gifenergy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifjoy.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#289 of 396 Old 12-23-2012, 10:28 PM

merstone - Welcome! I'm also in the PNW. We do home IUIs with frozen sperm and I totally get the timing being the most frustrating part!

mrsandmrs - CONGRATULATIONS!!!  broc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif

Joy (29), wife to C (28) and dog-momma to Kai (6).
After a ridiculously long break, we resumed ttc (me carrying) with frozen donor sperm, home insem day of O (11/20) = bfp! Wishing for a sticky baby!

#290 of 396 Old 12-24-2012, 04:52 AM

jaw.gifjaw.gifjaw.gifjaw.gifjaw.gif

this is so crazy to me! 

13dpo Clearblue easy. 

i went to portland yesterday and i was carsick pretty much all day. totally great. 

#291 of 396 Old 12-24-2012, 05:16 AM

mrs^2 YAY! That must be so awesome to see that word "Pregnant"! Lol on the pizza, the only time I ever threw up with morning sickness was after I ate pizza at work one night...

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#292 of 396 Old 12-24-2012, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mrs, just let me know when you want to be moved to the graduates list. Now? After your beta?

#293 of 396 Old 12-24-2012, 09:14 AM

esen - it's something about the tomato sauce for me? kind of sad. pizza is so awesome, but probably not the second time. 

fille - thanks! i think probably after we see good beta numbers? im still on edge about how early it is. 

#294 of 396 Old 12-24-2012, 09:30 AM

mrsandmrs - so happy for you!!! congrats on your BFP! yea!!ROTFLMAO.gif when do you get your beta test?

afm - we caved (more so me) and tested today...today is12dpo (technically about 11.5dpo) and BFN.  Though, on our last cycle with the chemical pregnancy we got our faint BFP on 13dpo, so hoping to see something in the next few days.  DW is feeling bummed, but I'm not giving up hope, it's early!

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#295 of 396 Old 12-24-2012, 10:47 AM

Congrats MrsandMrs....so exciting!!!ROTFLMAO.gifROTFLMAO.gif

Thanks ladies for all of the tips and suggestions for my upcoming clomid cycle!  I am due to get AF very soon (I'm eating everything I see) lol....so I will be starting the clomid here soon.  

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday...can't wait to hear about all the bfp's soon!

#296 of 396 Old 12-24-2012, 05:18 PM

M&M CONGRATS!!!! SUPER EXCITED FOR YOUR BFP!

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

broc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gif

carrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gif

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#297 of 396 Old 12-24-2012, 08:51 PM

Tomorrow AF is due (15DPO). Some spotting today, looked different (and I don't normally spot) but we will see. 

Onward! It's not over 'til it's over, right?

#298 of 396 Old 12-25-2012, 02:51 AM

scorpioma It's not over 'til it's over! Thinking of you these last few days and fingers crossed.

Who else is ready to test?

afm, trying to see both sides of our family for Christmas for the first (and probably last) time. Spent last night in NH, driving 6.5 hours to PA today, then 1.5 hours back home tonight. But it's worth it to get hugs from all the nieces and nephews. Fingers crossed that my body takes the hint!

#299 of 396 Old 12-25-2012, 05:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I tested negative yesterday. Today I couldn't because we left in the middle of the night to accompany my grandmother to a 5am church service. Usually AF should have come by now, but nothing so far. I even don't feel the usual symptoms anymore, like I did 2 days ago. I blame the progesterone it's supposed to lengthen my LP after all and it succeeded nicely. Tomorrow I'll try another test.

Did you all have a nice Christmas so far?
We had a great meal with my siblings and everybodys family. I had a blast with my nieces and nephews. Santa aka my brother showed up, made the 2 year old cry a bit, but after she calmed down she exchanged her last pacifiers for the presents. The three and one year old were both extremely brave, went right up and hugged Santa and got very nice gifts. They even let me play with their new wooden train set *lol*

#300 of 396 Old 12-25-2012, 06:29 AM

AF is here. greensad.gif
So I join January with Sphinxy and the Inseminators!

Tags
Trying To Conceive , Pregnancy , Birth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page