Queer Conceptions: December 2012 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 396 Old 12-25-2012, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
scorpioma - so sorry - sending lots of hugs your way today.

AFM - looks like I will be joining you ladies in January. Temp dropped this morning 10dpo and I tested for the heck of it since it's Christmas. Luteal phase seems too short so I will be talking with the doc again about progesterone.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#302 of 396 Old 12-25-2012, 09:03 AM

Thanks Darcy.

Heck of a Christmas present, huh?!

January is going to be a great month.

I feel some relief because my crazy mind can stop. At least I know now, and my luteal phases are regular and long. I am going to check progesterone this month before trying again (will be mid-January).

Hope everyone has a great holiday who celebrates!

Fillefantome, Can you move me to Waiting to O?

me (28) married to dp (30) + 2 dog fur-kids!  TTC our first baby!  baby.gif

BFP in 2009: still grieving my loss

4 tries so far (two with frozen, two with KD): all BFN

#303 of 396 Old 12-25-2012, 07:16 PM

Congratulations Mrs & Mrs!! Such exciting news!!

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#304 of 396 Old 12-26-2012, 12:49 AM

Sphinxy and the inseminators sounds like a death metal band. ^_^

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#305 of 396 Old 12-26-2012, 06:22 AM

greensad.gif sorry Darcy and Scorpioma. But hey, we are all going to be October due date friends because January is our month! Also Scorp, I just noticed in your signature line that you miscarried in 2009? I'm so sorry to see that.

Afm, dp and I are now in New England after the best flight ever on Virgin where she and I and our dog had a whole row to ourselves (love flying xmas day!) HSG two days ago was normal, tubes are open, uterus is normal. The doctor had a very difficult time getting the catheter through my cervix though and it almost seemed like it wasnt going to happen. The actual procedure was very quick after what felt like an eternity of painful digging. Hopefully IUIs won't be quite as difficult next month, but I guess now I will know what to be prepared for.
#306 of 396 Old 12-26-2012, 07:45 AM

scorpioma -so sorry to hear about AF's arrival.  I was really hoping your would graduate to QP&P 

Darcy -possible implantation temp dip?

AFM -The Swim Team shipped the 24th, should arrive tomorrow!  Haven't gotten a clear fade in line on the OPK yet, so that is good that it is looking like I won't be ovulating before they get here.  I noticed a change in CM from sticky to creamy, so it's soon, which had me worried.  What is a cycle without worry, right?  Always something to fret about!  My temp has been following a similar pattern from last month.  Temps up and down over the course of AF and then bottoming out in the few days before O.  I am getting so excited about trying this cycle!  Hope it works cuz I don't think DSp has much emotional endurance for this TTC process to be drawn out....

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#307 of 396 Old 12-26-2012, 08:23 AM

thanks, everyone, for the dancing veggies and kind words. it is still totally unreal. my first beta is this morning. fingers crossed. 

Darcy - my temp dropped at 10DPO too. it stayed pretty low for a couple of days, but I got my first + on 12 DPO. ( here's my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/214491/ )

hang in there! 

Scorpio - i know i said this one-on-one, but i want to see you over in qp&p with me. let's go!  

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#308 of 396 Old 12-26-2012, 11:22 AM

congrats mrs and mrs!

sorry Scorpio for the BFN, hope it is your last!  

Darcy hope you are not out yet and while 11 days is short it is still considered a decent LP but def talk to your dr anyway, I think anything under 10 is where they worry 

GL to everyone else!  

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#309 of 396 Old 12-26-2012, 11:58 AM

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!  Next insemination is scheduled around Jan. 11, 12, 13.  Excited and looking ahead. When AF came, we had a hard and sad day, and I realized how CRAZY I get during the 2ww. I intend to try a little harder to be calm and distracted this next cycle. I am dealing with disappointment and also trying to feel hopeful and loving the part of myself that wants to be a momma so badly. I made an appointment with RE for mid-January too just to get some testing done- not going to jump into interventions now but need to check progesterone, etc.

I am headed to Santa Fe in 2 days for a little vacay with DP and a friend. Will be enjoying some wine for new years, relaxing, clearing my head of the insanity and gearing up for making a baby in January!

champagne.gifBUBBLY! New Year's is my favorite holiday! 

Darcy, so sorry for the temp drop... It's not over til it's over... But this next month is going to be amazing! January is a big month for us all on this board! I am on CD2- any cycle buddies out there? Fmorris? Sphinxy?

mrsandmrs, keep us informed on that beta! biggrinbounce.gifdust.gif

esenbee: YAY for swimmers!  Excited to hear more! Are you doing ICI's at home, IUI's in clinic??

2mommyfamily: Congrats on the normal HSG!! Excellent!!!!!

I know this is fillefantome's decision, but I am open to threadkeeping again if no one else wants it for January. Anybody up for it?

xoxo

#310 of 396 Old 12-26-2012, 12:29 PM

scorpioma -an ICI at home for us, tomorrow, Friday, or Saturday most likely!  Your bubbly got me a little disappointed..  recently, we found a sparkling wine that we absolutely LOVE, Cupcake Vineyards Moscato.  We normally do not like the taste of the majority of alcoholic drinks.  This is SO sweet tasting, but I won't be able to partake in the New Years toast with it :(  But the sacrifice is definitely worth TTC!

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#311 of 396 Old 12-26-2012, 03:22 PM

ZOMG first beta is 281 !!! Also, progesterone is up to 40 which is really good news. Second beta on Friday.

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#312 of 396 Old 12-26-2012, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

mrs: Congrats, so excited and happy for you!!!! broc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif

Scorpio: Sorry to hear about the BFN's. October babies are the best, DW and I are both born in October :)

Good luck on the insem esenbee

AFM: Finally talked to KD and everything is looking good. He's even more committed and excited to helping us out than before. We are going to draw up the contract when he gets back to the states in a couple of weeks. Between now anda March I just need to figure out when I ovulate and how to know before that I'm going to. When I was temping and doing OPK's before I got a positive the day before my temp went up. Doesn't seem like enough time to get a shipment. I'm going to try the digital this month with the cheap ones and see how that goes.

Hope you all had a great holiday.

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and a baby on the way

****5****10****15****20****25***stork-boy.gif30****35****40

#313 of 396 Old 12-26-2012, 04:47 PM

scorpioma - yes, hell of a Christmas present! Take care of yourself during these hard times. What kind of things help you during the 2ww? Glad to hear you are checking with the doc about your progesterone. That is on my list as well. Please enjoy your time in Santa Fe. When my temp dipped yesterday I immediately had a mimosa! I didn't drink on Christmas Eve even though I wanted to but I am glad I can for NYE. I am not much of a drinker but it's nice to be able to, ya know?! 

twomommyfamily - Thanks for the support! Glad to hear you had a good flight. Virgin America is our favorite airline - love the 'mood' lighting. What cycle day was your HSG? I can imagine that if your cervix is closed, it can be really hard trying to get a catheter in there. Sorry it was painful. If next cycle doesn't work I will be getting an HSG. I hope you are enjoying your time on the east coast and I am very excited for your upcoming insem!!

esenbee2 - Glad your swimmers are arriving soon and lots of luck with your insemination! What bank do you work with? AF arrived at work this morning so unfortunately it wasn't an implantation dip. 

mrs&mrs - Thanks for sharing your chart! So very excited for you! Great numbers!!!!

Cordelia - Thanks for the support. Even though it was a 10 day luteal phase, my temp dropped 9dpo so I am worried that even if there was a fertilized egg it wouldn't be supported. I will definitely be talking to my doc at the next appointment. 

2justicemamas - That's so great about your KD! It will definitely be helpful to learn how your cycles work for timing. I just started temping in November and it has been invaluable. I am only able to order specific days of the week because my bank doesn't ship on Friday or Saturday so timing of shipping can definitely be stressful. This upcoming cycle I will test with First Response OPK's in the morning, and do internet cheapies 2 other times during the day to try and catch it as early as possible. 

AFM - After another low temp this morning I knew AF was coming. She arrived at work this morning so I called RE and scheduled my mid cycle ultrasound for January 4th. It will only be CD10 but with my wacky early ovulation last month I don't want to risk waiting until CD13. The plan is to trigger and then inseminate 36 hours later. It looks like we will be inseminating between 1/7 and 1/10 depending on follicle size. I also ordered the swimmers so they will be ready to go. Thanks for all of your support ladies!! 

fillefantome - Can you please move me to waiting to O - Thank you!

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#314 of 396 Old 12-26-2012, 06:22 PM

hoping to hear someone on the board has or knows someone in our boat... not feeling too great right now.  This morning was 14 dpo (technically 13.5) we tested with a FRER and got the most faint line, very hard to see but something was there....we of course were excited!...DW went in for a blood test afterwards this morning and her HCG level was 13 ;(  We have a feeling this is going to be a repeat of our chemical pregnancy last cycle....we also had a level of 13 initially (pretty crazy, what are the chances of the same #)...which then went to 76 and back down to 48.  However, DWs chemical pregnancy was accompanied with bleeding, which started with spotting and eventually became heavy.  Right now DW has no bleeding.  She has acupuncture on Friday and her second beta test then too.  I am hoping & praying this goes in the right direction & levels double....it's hard to believe we could possibly experience 2 chemical pregnancies in a row ;( I am trying to stay as positive as possible, but it's not easy.

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#315 of 396 Old 12-26-2012, 06:24 PM

mrsandmrs - Wow! So happy for you. joy.gif

esenbee - Good luck, fingers crossed for smooth timing predictions!

darcy & scorpioma - Boo for AF. Sounds like you both are on the way to some excellent strategies in January. 

darthtuna jammin.gif

Also, scorpio, assuming everything below is all in my head (which, let's face it, it probably is), I had previously volunteered to take a turn as threadkeeper in January. I was planning on starting the new thread on Sunday.

SanDiego - Updated because I just saw your post - I have no advice to offer, just good thoughts. hug2.gif

Afm, my body and mind are screwing with me. Look, I know there is like, practically NO chance I am pregnant because I inseminated way early. And this TWW has been basically stress free because I knew I had blown it. No symptom spotting, nothing. But then Monday, a teeny-tiny spot and a teeny-tiny bit of cramps, followed by wicked heartburn (which, OK, was more likely caused by the Christmas Eve buffet at my sister's...). Yesterday and today, no spotting and no cramping. AF is due on Friday. Why did I spot on Monday? I never do that so early. It's giving me thoughts, and thoughts are dangerous... Can someone just hit me over the head for the next two days until this wait is over? dizzy.gif

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#316 of 396 Old 12-26-2012, 08:35 PM

Hello to everyone. We are new to the forum and wanted to drop in and say hi. My DW and I have spent the past few hours watching football and reading through all 16 pages of this thread being excited, feeling the stress and anticipation, and sharing in some of the joy and disappointment that all of you have experienced. We are beginning this journey of TTC as well. We have been seeing a RE, learned we both have PCOS, started on new medications, and one of us is using acupuncture. We have been charting on FF and trying to remember daily temps. So far it seems that with the advent of metformin we are now both ovulating with some regularity and are looking to have our first IUI in January. We have spent a significant amount of time searching for the right WTBK donor from a bank. We intend to use Xytex sperm bank. (Any knowledge or information about them positive or negative would be welcome). We have picked a donor who has previously reported pregnancies.  Our RE recommended Xytex as they guarantee a couple million more swimmers per IUI sample than other banks. I am "of advanced maternal age" so I will be hosting the first "swim meet." My DW can afford to wait a bit age-wise (I am 42 and she is 31). We have talked with the RE about me using Letrozole followed by US to know the best time to inseminate. Anyone with experience there? We decided to go straight to the in-office IUI to improve our chances and spend our baby money conservatively. (Ha Ha as the cash register rings and cha-chings).

We are looking forward to benefiting from and adding to the support here. 

What is your name? Kris

What are the names/pronouns of your partner and children (if you have any)? She + She, no children, 3 dogs, 2 cats and 12 hens

What method are you using to get pregnant this next cycle? IUI + Letrozole 

What do you and/or your partner do for work? Nurse Anesthetist/Higher Ed Admin

What state/province do you live? KY

What is the most exciting part about this TTC time for you? Learning about my body and its natural cycle. The ability/freedom to make intentional choices. Looking forward to creating a baby and adding to our family. 

What is the most difficult part? Struggling with the fact that we can't "accidentally" get pregnant. Having to swim so hard up stream to do what happens so easily for unprepared, heterosexual 15 yr olds. 

rainbow1284.gifMe-F-42 + stillheart.gif Wife-31 +chicken3.gif +dog2.gif X 3 + cat.gif X2

#317 of 396 Old 12-26-2012, 08:41 PM

SanDiego, So, so sorry for the worries... I hope the second beta sends more good news, and for now, I can imagine it is hard to wait and be calm. Hugs and support your way. Hang in there! Keep us updated. We are totally here for you. Love to you and DW.

Sphinxy, Oh, sorry, I must have missed that! Glad you're up for it! As far as your symptoms go, haha, thoughts are totally dangerous!  I am curious to see what happens, I know fillefantome was talking about the sperm that beats the odds!!!  You never know!!! Spotting is totally something that would cause thoughts for me too! Keep us updated!

esenbee, hahahha, I know it! I cannot remember the last time I had any alcohol! We will be allowed to drink in spades (if we want) eventually. I am going to have some at New Year's for sure...

#318 of 396 Old 12-26-2012, 09:00 PM

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've been lurking for a few weeks.

Sphinxy - those sound like REALLY good signs! Some studies have shown that frozen sperm can live up to 72 hours (not many but hey, it only takes one right!) and fresh can live for up to 5 days. I can't remember, how early were you?  I was sure that I had inseminated way too early on the cycle that I conceived my son -- I also had spotting/cramps at 8DPO and didn't get my first positive HPT until 13DPO. It happens!

Congratulations to MrsandMrs! It must feel great to see that high beta. 

SanDiego - Hang in there - it isn't over til its over, right? Congratulations on the potential BFP! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it sticks! 13 might be the exact cut-off for your pregnancy tests so it would make sense that you'd get your first positive at 13 both cycles. If it doesn't stick, is your DW charting her temp? I read a great book called The Fertile Garden that offers really detailed guidance for interpreting charts so that you can identify all kinds of issues. I know there are also blood tests and whatnot for that sort of thing but I guess charting helps me to feel a little less powerless -- like at least there is something that I can do that offers some glimpse into what is going on in there.  

darcy & scorpioma - Sorry to hear you're out for this round. It is inspiring to see you looking forward and keeping positive about January.

esenbee2 - good luck!  

AFM -  My DW and I are TTC #2 and have tried twice (at-home IUI) with two BFNs. I'm on CD8 and looking forward to trying again in early January.  I had always thought we'd have 2 kids fairly close in age but here were are with an almost-five-yr-old. When the economy tanked, our small business started to fail and I went back to college to pursue a nursing degree (RN). I will graduate in May so we are finally ready to start TTC #2. When I was pregnant with our son, we purchased some additional sperm from the same anonymous WTBK donor. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get pregnant soon because I would REALLY love to have both kids using the same donor.  

What is your name?   Lindsey

What are the names/pronouns of your partner and children (if you have any)? dw: Erin/she  ds: Colby/he 4.5yrs old  

What method are you using to get pregnant this next cycle? home IUI

What do you and/or your partner do for work? I am finishing up nursing school, partner is an editor

What state/province do you live?  VT

What is the most exciting part about this TTC time for you? Finally working on #2!

What is the most difficult part? costs and the limited supply of sperm from the same donor used to conceive our son

#319 of 396 Old 12-27-2012, 12:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hello and welcome Lindsey and Kris. May your stay here be sweet and short.

Esenbee- good luck with your swim team!

San Diego - big hug. I Will keep my fingers crossed for a doubling of numbers!

Sphinxy - I am sorry to hear you are so stressed with the spotting. Just 2 more days, you can do it!

Mrs - wohoo. Congrats on those great numbers! I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Afm - CD 1 today, so can I be moved to Waiting to O when you start the new thread Sphinxy? I'll probably insem on 1/08 or so. So Darcy, we'll be cycle buddies :-)

#320 of 396 Old 12-27-2012, 05:11 AM

Welcome Lindsey and Kris!! This is a wonderful and supportive community and I wish you both excellent insem timing and baby dust!!! Also Lindsey, what an adorable picture of your family! Your son is a cutie-pie!!

Esenbee- Is today the day? Exciting!

Darcy- sounds like a really great plan to do the US earlier on the 10th. Do you think you will trigger this cycle? I know you planned to last cycle...

Sphinxy- hey, it is not totally impossible and those really are promising signs! Did you POAS??

Sandiego- I don't know about cp, but I'm hoping this is the real deal. It's good that there is no bleeding. Second beta test tomorrow might have the answer. I hope for good numbers!!
#321 of 396 Old 12-27-2012, 05:18 AM

KWPX2 - Welcome! wave.gif Happy to have you here and wishing you lots of luck. 

Scorpio - Thanks, I am excited because I think I will get to put a lot of people in the graduated column - hopefully both of us, too!

Lindsey - And a big welcome to you, too! wave.gif Thanks for the positive thoughts. We inseminated on a Monday night, and it appears that I ovulated on that Thursday following. We used unwashed frozen this cycle, which I didn't really expect to live longer than 18-24 hours. I knew that had to be an average and some lucky ones would live longer, but I never expected 72 hours - wow! Here's a link to my chart. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3d8708

Frederieke - Yes, I'll take care of that for you. Hoping for some New Year's luck for us all. 

Afm - POAS this morning, BFN. 14DPO. Still no signs of AF though, so we wait... whistling.gif

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#322 of 396 Old 12-27-2012, 07:50 AM

LindseyW and KWPX2,

Welcome.gif

Really glad you've joined us!

As you know from lurking, this is an awesome group you are joining!! January is also going to be pretty wild, queer baby boom!!

Also, Lindsey, since you've done all of this before we welcome your input and experience!

Sphinx, whoa. AF due tomorrow? Any more spotting?

#323 of 396 Old 12-27-2012, 08:46 AM

Darcy -sorry to hear about AF.  Good plan to look into your relatively short luteal phase.  I would definitely take that as my next step.  The last time we tried we used California Cryobank.  It got quite expensive and the prices have gone up since then!  I searched for a bank that is more economical and found Cryos New York / International.  They offer different motility levels for different prices and different prices for 3 categories of donors, depending on their annoymous-ness.  They are also offering 25% off until the end of the year for their 25th anniversary.  They are one of the only banks that had the ethnicity we were looking for!

SanDiego -fx for a higher beta!  The fact there isn't any bleeding like last time seems hopeful...

Sphinxy -spotting at 11 DPO? Is that right?  That sounds like a VERY encouraging sign!  I've briefly mentioned in another post when I got pregnant with DD, I had spotting that I thought was the start of my period.  It lasted for 1 day on 10 DPO and then went away.  When I didn't get full period by what I estimate now as 20 DPO, I took a test.  Of course now, I would never be able to wait that long before testing!

KWPX2 - WELCOME!  I am in Kentucky too!  What area are you?  I am one of those who accidentally got pregnant with only 1 time of not using contraception protection.  I took Plan B after as well and still ended up pregnant.  I was 21 though and not 15, so a little bit better, LOL!  I too am struggling with how easy it seems to get pregnant for heterosexual couples.  There have been a slew of ppl that we know who only tried for 1 month and were successful.  And they all have boys too, which is what we want for our next baby, so it's a double bummer.

Welcome.gif

LindseyW -WELCOME!  We also are TTC #2  and have a 4 yr. old.  We too were wanting to have all of the kiddos close in age and be in school together, but that isn't going to happen for DD :(

Welcome.gif

Everyone else, thanks for the well wishes and good lucks for the upcoming swim meet!

#324 of 396 Old 12-27-2012, 09:01 AM

AFM -still awaiting for FedEx and getting nervous that the shipping department at work is going to open it without looking at what it is or who it is addressed to, even though I informed them that I was expecting a personal package...  Also worried about what the box will say on it!  Since this is a new bank, I have no idea!  

Got a good fade in on the OPK, looking for a dark positive this afternoon, evening, or tomorrow, then we will have the swim meet late that night!  Signs are looking good for it being before needing to leave for the in-laws!

#325 of 396 Old 12-27-2012, 11:57 AM

OMG -that was possibly the most embarrassing thing EVER!  I WILL NOT be shipping it to work ever again!  It came through the office door, rather than the warehouse door, so instead of a max of 3 dudes seeing it, who would have not asked any questions, all of ppl that I closely work with saw it.  I didn't see the driver come in, so the boss's daughter signed for it...  she said, "I have never seen anything like this in my life, I'm not going to ask any questions!"  The office manager, sales manager, and the other customer service person, of course, were like, "Huh?  Let me see...."  I promptly took it to my car!

It pretty much looked like this

California Cryobank ships their in a tall rectangular BOX.  WTF.

#326 of 396 Old 12-27-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esenbee2 View Post

OMG -that was possibly the most embarrassing thing EVER!  I WILL NOT be shipping it to work ever again!  It came through the office door, rather than the warehouse door, so instead of a max of 3 dudes seeing it, who would have not asked any questions, all of ppl that I closely work with saw it.  I didn't see the driver come in, so the boss's daughter signed for it...  she said, I have never seen anything like this in my life, I'm not going to ask any questions.  The office manager, sales manager, and the other customer service person, of course, were like, "Huh?  Let me see...."  I promptly took it to my car!

It looks pretty much looked like this

California Cryobank ships their in a tall rectangular BOX.  WTF.

Hahaha!! I am so sorry---but just think, another chapter to add to your 'how we got pregnant' novel. I have another embarrassing story to add to this...

Since we live on an island (a very small one), all mail is shipped through our local airport. The first bank we used sent it in containers like that but there wasn't any indication of what was in it. We switched to another bank and thought it would be similar. Well, the tanks were the same but plastered ALL OVER the tank was the sperm bank's name and other indications of it being sperm. So embarrassing. They ended up wrapping it up in a garbage bag for "our privacy." Thank goodness.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#327 of 396 Old 12-27-2012, 12:17 PM

esenbee - lol, too funny about the delivery to your job! good luck to you this cycle

mrsandmrs - so excited for you! congratulations! great numbers! joy.gif how are you feeling?

scorp - sorry for the bfn, hoping next month is your month 

sphinxy - thanks for your note and good luck to you

lindsey - we haven't been tracking temps at all, we should probably start...thanks for your note

friedrike - thank you

twomommy - thanks as well

sorry for missing anyone...

afm - DW still has no bleeding or spotting, and AF was due to arrive yesterday (DW is like clockwork, very regular periods).... HOPING & PRAYING for a good second beta tomorrow...right now I guess we can say that we're pregnant...but being cautiously optimistic! It would crush us to get a second chemical pregnancy....Today is 15 dpo.  Our doctor told us this morning we're in the normal range for a positive, so holding onto hope. eyesroll.gif

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#328 of 396 Old 12-27-2012, 01:09 PM

Oh no Esenbee! I'm so sorry for that embarassment. I agree with Lisedea, though. It's a great story and will be hilarious in the future!

AFU- just ordered the swimmers from NW Cryobank. The original dude I wanted didn't have any availability, so we went with the guy who looks a bit like my wife. I texted her right away to let her know and she replied, "See! My people will never let you down!" lol :) We're having it shipped to the house and it should arrive on 1/2/13. Insem should land somewhere between 1/4 and 1/6 and we'll do an at-home ICI. Woohoo! So exciting!

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#329 of 396 Old 12-27-2012, 01:46 PM

YAY Sotohana, Esenbee (ohmygod what a story!) and SanDiego- keeping fingers and toes crossed for everyone!

Another big TWW is in store for this board soon!

A lot of folks are inseminating in the next week or two! YAY!

I am looking at January 11-13th for our next ICI with KD!

Good New Year's fertility vibes to everyone!

#330 of 396 Old 12-27-2012, 05:29 PM

Hello ladies,

I need your help!!  I was due to start AF yesterday or today and don't know if I did.  I woke up yesterday morning and when I went to the bathroom there was a significant amount of blood when I wiped, but then after that I had dark brownish spotting (light) throughout the day.  Today I haven't had much of anything.  I have never had a cycle like this (of course it happens the cycle before my insemination).  Do you think I started AF???  I have cramps but they are off and on.

I wouldn't care so much if I didn't have to take clomid this cycle...and tomorrow would be my first day to take it (cycle day 3).  I called my OB and they are totally booked and wouldn't be able to get me in tomorrow (seriously?!!)  

I am thinking I did start and should just take my clomid tomorrow!?

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

Tags
Trying To Conceive , Pregnancy , Birth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page