Queer Conceptions: December 2012 - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#391 of 396 Old 12-31-2012, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

mrsandmrs-I had repeat betas every few days until it got over 10,000 and then an ultrasound at 6 weeks.  After the ultrasound, the RE released me to my regular OB and I made an appointment with her.  She did an ultrasound at 10 weeks just to confirm pregnancy.  I think they do that at all the first appointments.  I have heard of other women having more ultrasounds at the beginning, but I guess that is not how my place works.  Maybe your clinic just likes to be more cautious.  I hope everything looks great!

Regarding OPK's and timing--Fertility Friend considers OPK's a secondary fertility sign with mucus and other things being primary signs.  So it's more like the OPK confirms what the other signs are telling you.  I hate OPK's!  I got some false positives even though they claim not to have false positives.  Looking at CM and cervical position are probably better indicators of how fertile you are.  I know it's frustrating and confusing and I'm sorry, but you will figure it out.  My last cycle, I had a positive OPK early but my other signs didn't line up.  I had an u/s and trigger shot and I ovulated just when I would expect according to trigger timing and follicle size, and it worked.  The smiley face lied to me.  Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#392 of 396 Old 12-31-2012, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Happy New Year! Please join me on our shining new thread to ring in 2013! champagne.gif

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1371183/queer-conceptions-january-2013

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#393 of 396 Old 12-31-2012, 01:55 PM

thanks so much for all the support ladies, really means a lot...we're currently awaiting the results of our third beta (should have by this afternoon) to confirm the pregnancy is out of DWs system, or there's that itty bitty slight chance of a miracle and her #s increase.  The bleeding & clot passing was much less this time around, so we (and our dr) are holding onto a shred of hope.  Not to mention her second beta numbers doubled (but that also happened for us during the second beta, for our last chemical pregnancy) We're looking forward to our next game plan, and success in 2013.

happy new year to you all, and again thanks for all the support!  2013 will be a great year for us all thumb.gif

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#394 of 396 Old 12-31-2012, 02:29 PM

SD - keep us posted. im holding you two in my heart. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#395 of 396 Old 02-06-2013, 09:33 AM

Hello ladies,

It has been awhile since I have been on the boards...I was having a hard time logging onto the site!  I hope everyone is well!

I am currently almost 6 weeks pregnant after our first insemination!  We are very excited and blessed to have had the IUI work the very first time!  

Thanks for all of your support and encouragement!!!thumb.gif

#396 of 396 Old 02-06-2013, 09:51 AM

Glad to see you back around PDX!  QC has moved to a February thread, http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1373561/queer-conceptions-february-2013

Feel free to join us over in QP&P, http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1373580/queer-pregnant-and-parenting-february-and-march-2013

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

Tags
Trying To Conceive , Pregnancy , Birth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page