IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#483 of 585 Old 01-27-2013, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinxy View Post

Thanks, everyone. I did get back to sleep for a couple hours, including another crazy dream. Then, throughout the day, I had so many feelings that I was pregnant. So to heck with the idea of waiting to test, I bought a three-pack of the FRERs (thanks, scorp!) and took one around 5:30pm. I sent DW into the bathroom to look after 3 min, and at first she told me it was negative, but then we brought it to a brighter light... And it looks to me like there's something there, though very faint. So, I'm cautiously optimistic! We'll do another test with FMU tomorrow.

So what do you think, do you see a line?

Threadcrashing....I totally see it! No squinting or bright light required! Congratulations!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#484 of 585 Old 01-27-2013, 05:09 PM

Sphinxy! Definitely a second line! Hooray!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#485 of 585 Old 01-27-2013, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hurrah, Sphinxy, I see it too!!! thumbsup.gif

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#486 of 585 Old 01-27-2013, 05:50 PM

threadcrashing ! because THAT is a line! i can't wait to see tomorrow's! 

goodvibes.gifdust.gif

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#487 of 585 Old 01-27-2013, 05:50 PM

Sphinxy, that may not look like pos.gif that right now, but I must say I DO see the line, nd did as soon as I made the pic bigger on mye screen. Chalk it up to a +. WOOO! joy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gif

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#488 of 585 Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, everyone! You are helping this feel a little more real, it's so nice to know it's not just me and DW who sees it!

scorp - A lot of it was a "gut feeling" (which DW keeps calling a "uterus feeling"), but I will do my best to share what told me to test today:

• I knew that if those cramps on Friday morning were implantation, then my hormone levels could be high enough by today for a faint positive
  • I've been gassy since Friday (like, really), and while not quite constipated, I was close to it even though my diet was still pretty normal. (Sorry for the TMI, but since y'all have heard about my CM before, how much left is there?!?)
  • Though the nausea hadn't returned in full swing, I had that feeling of extra stomach acid and borderline heartburn all day today. 
  • I've been having these crazy vivid and emotional dreams, and every time I would wake up from one, I really felt like my body was trying to get my attention. 
  • The biggest thing for me was the wave of mood swings. I'm pretty in touch with my emotions I think, and I knew I was feeling the same kinds of waves that I attribute to the progesterone that comes right after ovulation. And so early this afternoon when I got teary for no reason for the umpteenth time these past few days, I thought, "This is it, this is the baby's progesterone kicking into high gear."

OK, so I'm still waiting to see what the test says tomorrow morning, but I'm feeling pretty good right now and just trying to enjoy that feeling without fear of jinxing anything.

Also Everyone - It's almost February! So, we'll be needing a new threadkeeper - any volunteers?

Best thoughts to everyone, and fingers crossed for those still waiting! 

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#489 of 585 Old 01-27-2013, 07:07 PM

I'll volunteer to be threadkeeper if no one else has yet... 

#490 of 585 Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 PM

crashing again!  Sphinxy I think that's a line!!  Hoping it's darker tomorrow and at least one other person has a line to add tomorrow and many more to follow! 

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#491 of 585 Old 01-27-2013, 08:01 PM

I'm new at this, but it looks like a line to this newbie! orngbiggrin.gif

me (38) + wife (34), one fabulous fur-son.  Newlyweds starting TTC Feb 2013 for our first baby!

#492 of 585 Old 01-27-2013, 09:14 PM

I see that line too, Sphinxy!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#493 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 12:02 AM

lindsey think I forgot to say congrats, so CONGRATS! awesome news

spinxy looks like it but will keep things crossed until you confirm Peace.gif

Found out there was raspberry leaf in the pre pregnancy pills I'm taking so sorted - thanks ladies! Babies are everywhere at the mo - next door's kid had one Sat same day as a friend. Baby boom, hope none of them steal our names. ROTFLMAO.gif

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#494 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friederike View Post

Hey Samy, from what I read in medicine textbooks, the egg slowly starts deteriorating after about 6 hours and has a maximum lifespan of 24 hours, some even say only 12 hours. Do you have any clue how soon after the surge you're ovulating? It could range from about 12 to 36 or even more hours. So I guess if you're a late ovulator there might be a chance for tuesday, however it doesn't seem very likely. I am sorry. If it doesn't cost you anything, I would still try though.

I ovulated Sunday as my temp dipped and then spiked today, plus I had some O cramping last night too, so 24 hours from that is Monday night...so yeah seems like no chance of Tuesday being any good at all to inseminate. But like you said, as it isn't going to cost me anything, and well.. you never know hey! I'll go ahead with Tuesday morning anyway with the slight hope for a super viable egg or something.

Goodluck everyone inseming this week!

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#495 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter

How quickly should my line be getting darker? 11DPO, and it's still very faint with FMU. This picture was taken about four minutes after I tested.

Eta: it does appear darker than last night I think, but just not by as much as I was expecting I guess.

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#496 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 05:48 AM

Sphinxy--Threadcrashing. It does look darker this morning...for sure. You are definitely pregnant. I would take another tomorrow AM to see if it is darker still. Fingers crossed for a sticky bean for you!!!!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#497 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 05:49 AM

Sphinxy- our line progression was slow and we had super high hcg levels. I think we started beating the control shortly before hitting 2000. I think those tests aren't very useful beyond pregnant and not. And you are totally pregnant! Congrats!

Me (37), DW (31), and our three sons: L, M & O eyesroll.gif twins.gif 
#498 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 07:24 AM

wow, bigfoot, yeah that sure does say something about the tests! so some people just get faint lines then?

twomommyfamily, yay for being thread keeper! thank you! when do you test?!

sphinxy, wow, has it started to sink in yet?!

samy, good luck with your insem! let us know when you want to be moved to "Waiting to Know!"

AFM, my temp actually went up today (either 12 or 13DPO, not sure which, FF says 13).  I am having trouble getting out of bed in the mornings, so tired, and the bloating... It's epic. mrsandmrs, like, EPIC. still have light and strange cramping, unlike AF, but much less than from 7-12DPO. 

I have one more FRER and tons of IC tests... Wondering when I should use FRER!  I feel like I might be waiting for awhile for either AF or a +, but I guess you never know!

me (28) married to dp (30) + 2 dog fur-kids!  TTC our first baby!  baby.gif

BFP in 2009: still grieving my loss

4 tries so far (two with frozen, two with KD): all BFN

#499 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 AM

Sphinxy - Congrats!!

Scorpio - Test! Test!

I have a feeling it is going to be a big month around here.
#500 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 07:46 AM

thanks easttowest!

I have such long luteal phases... I'm nervous for another early BFN!

I might test anyways...will post if i do...

Edit: Internet cheapie test was BFN! Dangwhistling.gif

#501 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 07:49 AM

WOW!

Congrats Sphinxy!! that is a line for sure. We are wishing you lots of sticky bean now!! I have given in to the urge as well and tested. No lines yet but your post makes me feel like it is coming!

Scorpio - I get the delimma, testing with the FRER and not getting a BFP would then make me doubt the others as they don't seem as sensitive. So save the FRER and use the cheaper ones and maybe have to deal with the let down but then wonder if the FRER would have possibly picked up a faint line! So which will it be? I used up my last FRER this morning. Still negative but I am going to march right out to the drug store and pick up another and mail it in for the rebate! Good luck and let us know what you find. Your symptoms sound promising for sure.

Friederike - Good luck with the trigger and such today!

Twomommy - Thanks for picking up the threadhosting!

AFM, I feel a little whiney of late. I felt a little like I might be pregnant over the weekend as I seemed to have this super-smeller for a bit. The shower smelled funny (which forced me to scrub-a-dub it and it still smelled weird). We cooked some broccoli for dinner and all I could smell was the chlorine in the boliing water. DW said she didn't notice it, I thought it smelled like the pool at the Y! Salt isn't really pleasant right now, the taste is so overpowering! These are all weird things for me. I've not been nauseated. I'm not really moody. I have had some mild crampiness but that is about it. I am hopeful that everything worked out and there is a little bean nestling into its environs for the long haul but I do have periods where I wonder. My temps are still up but I am also taking progesterone. So....I wait....

Me-F-44 +  Wife-33 + + X 3 +  X2
#502 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 AM

KWPX2! Sounds like we are in similar circumstances! Haha, glad you got the FRER with the mail-in rebate too!

I decided I am going to test with my last FRER in the morning which would be 13 or 14DPO. 

Sounds like you have some promising symptoms, eh???

When do you stop taking progesterone?

#503 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 09:20 AM

Oh my goodness scorpioma and kwpx! Sound like some more BFPs will be posted here soon!!
#504 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

In all of my commotion, I missed a few people over the last few days - my apologies!

lovingisliving - Welcome!! wave.gif Best of luck to you!

Twomommyfamily  - Sounds great! I will be traveling all day on the 31st, so I probably won't get a chance to make any updates. Want to start the new thread then? Good luck in your TWW, I know it's long but you can do it!

scorpio - I have such good thoughts for you - yay for your temp going up! Your chart looks great. I know that line hasn't shown up yet but I have faith. Can't wait to hear how the FRER goes tomorrow morning. Either way, it ain't over til it's over!

samy - Sorry it sounds like this insem will be a longshot, but honestly, the more practice the better! And, as someone (can't remember who) on this board reminded me once, in order for it to be an "average", somebody's eggs have to last longer - so why not yours?!?

lea - Sounds like you have a great plan for this cycle, good luck!

granite - I really think you are onto something this cycle, you are going to get that attempt done! fingersx.gif

KWPX2 - Ooh, those sound like great signs - how many DPO are you?

Afm, well, DW went out in the snow this morning to buy a pack of digitals for confirmation, and there it is. biggrinbounce.gif I'm still in shock.

AppleMark

#505 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congrats Sphinxy!

Good luck scorpioma and kwpx2!

me (34) and dp (39). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! 

****5****10****15****20****25****
30****35****
#506 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 10:21 AM

sphinxy YAY for the digital confirmation!!! I got suck faint lines that I went out and got a digital to confirm. It is more comforting to see that word!

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#507 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 11:25 AM

So excited for you Sphinxy!

Fingers crossed for good news soon from Scorpioma and KWPX2! Apologies if I'm forgetting anyone on my phone....

AFM: went to grad school get together this weekend. DW got wicked baby fever - we are the only couple left with no kids. Lots of babies and one friend announced she was due soon. She had the "went on vacation, got drunk, and wham! Pregnant!" experience. My ego still has a hard time with that as does DW, so it made for a solemn weekend. Sigh. But lovely to still spend time with friends who love their kids and have such support for us! One (straight) couple had gone through IVF so wanted all the ins and outs of our TTC plans smile.gif it isn't all that common for me to have IUI conversations at a cocktail party!

me (38) + wife (34), one fabulous fur-son.  Newlyweds starting TTC Feb 2013 for our first baby!

#508 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Sphinxy: Yay! So happy for you! joy.gif

KWPX and Scorpio: Excited to hear your results...fingers crossed

lovingisliving: Welcome! 

Good luck to anyone else in the TWW and inseminating soon. Sorry to make it short, life/work has been all consuming these days 

AFM: Got some disappointing news from KD, he and his long time GF just broke up, so we are not sure what the future holds. DW and I briefly discussed other potential KD's and the bank option. Sigh....Trying to look at the bright side that we'd prefer to have a baby in spring/summer. 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
#509 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 12:34 PM

Hi Everyone,

Sphinxy: I'm so excited for you! That digital confirmation is beautiful! Hooray! joy.gif

Scorpioma: It's still early, and you seem to have nice long luteal phases. Your chart looks good! fingersx.gif BFNs are so discouraging, but I try to think of them as just not giving information. So in my mind if you take a pregnancy test there are only two options: pregnant or no info. Clearly I'm delusional, but it's a useful delusion for me!

KWPX2: Nice smell symptoms! I have my fingers crossed for you too. When will you test again? fingersx.gif

Justanotherjenny: We like What Makes a Baby too! So far it is too text-heavy for our toddler, but my wife and I enjoy it!

Lovingisliving: Welcome! It sounds like you're doing some good work with your RE.

Twomommyfamily: How is the TWW treating you so far? Is this your first cycle on progesterone?

Darcy: I'm sorry that the progesterone has been giving you a hard time. It messed with me when I took it too. Our bank is TSBC. We love it and would highly recommend it.

Lindsey: Congratulations on graduating! I'm sorry you've been so tired. It's exciting that your baby's heart has started beating!

Lea: I'm glad that your test results looked normal and that you have a plan to try progesterone. It's annoying that progesterone makes it harder to predict cycle timing.

Granite: It's exciting that you get to start clomid soon! I can't remember: have you taken it before?

Chortles: I'm sorry you had to deal with lots of babies and pregnant folks. I'm glad that there were at least some people who had struggled to get pregnant.

2justicemamas: I'm sorry to hear your KD news. How disappointing.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: 5dpo. So far it feels pretty calm. Since this is the first cycle we're trying (for this kid), I don't really expect it to work, so it doesn't feel too desperate at the moment. Of course that could all change tomorrow, but it is nice to feel calm about it right now!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#510 of 585 Old 01-28-2013, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Sphinxy -what a beautiful picture!!! I hope KWXP and Scorpio followmin your footsteps in the next days.

Afm I am officially in the TWW as of 5 minutes ago.
Yeah, I am basically liveblogging from my insem. Did my home IVI with 2 straws in the 10-19 Mio motile range and 2 straws in the 20-29 Mio range. The best part, I'll stay in bed and can go right to sleep now, in an hour or so and avoid leaking the good stuff all over the place. Oh and the trigger wasn't as bad as I expected, it did get in alright but still, I managed to break the neck of the glass phial incorrectly because I pushed at the wrong point and almost got splinters into the water solution that is needed to dissolve the hcg powder. It's a learning experience...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page