Queer Conceptions: January 2013 - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#541 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 02:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

scorp keeping everything crossed

darcy grouphug.gif sorry to hear you're having such a rough time of it - hoping it gets better soon.

lea oooo good luck I'm insemming next week too (the end).  Good luck with it!

qotd - I just take some pregnancy prep that's supposed to be good to regulate cycles & encourage ovulation if you're not already. It seems to work - since taking it my cycles have gone from 45-49 days to a regular 31-33.

AFM ordered the Danish swimmers last night for next week's shipping. Very excited!!!!!

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#542 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 03:39 AM

Hurrah for Danish swimmers, Lizbian! I'm glad pregnancy prep has worked so well for you; I took it for eight months and it didn't seem to shorten my long cycles at all... Though who knows, maybe without it they'd have been even longer!

Seeing follicles on the screen is definitely my favourite part of a visit with the RE, lovingisliving. Good luck!

I had the norovirus a couple weeks ago, Darcy, and it really is so awful... But at least you've had it and so are unlikely to get hit with it again. I'm sorry for how difficult things are right now. Hopefully next cycle with clomid will get those follies to the right size.

Exciting possible signs, KWPX2! Fx for you!

Ugh, twomommyfamily, those cramps sound terrible... Fx that it's implantation!

lea, I have no advice to offer, but good luck!

Great QOTD, escher... However, O don't have much of an answer! Like lea, I take a lot of vitamins/supplements and don't know how I'd choose just one. Maybe the B-complex...? If only because it seems to have a quick effect on my energy levels.

Scorp, I'm so hopeful for you! Fingers and toes all crossed!

And of course... CONGRATS, SPHINXY!!!

AFM:  It's 3:30am and I've been woken up by AF cramps, which is unusual for me past CD1... Ugh. I started clomid yesterday, and had a tough day at work that made me question if indeed I really was experiencing the dreaded side effects of the drug... Then I left work and immediately felt better! So I think I'm still one of the lucky ones whose body does very well with clomid.  Not much else to report, just counting down to my u/s in ten days! And trying to get back to sleep wink1.gif

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#543 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 06:04 AM

Hey all--threadcrashing alert! smile.gif

With all of this talk about test sensitivity, I wanted to let you know my experience with internet cheapies. For my chemical, they (I took tons of them!!!) picked up an hcg level of 14 (I know this because of my beta test) while the FRER did not. The downside of this is that I would have never had the heartache of the chemical...but that the same time, just seeing SOMETHING rather than the stark white test strips gave me hope that someday it would happen.

Anyway, just wanted to pass this along since most of the websites don't say they are as sensitive as they are.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#544 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 06:31 AM

thanks for clarifying, lisedea.

BFN this morning, but temp went up, 14 or 15DPO depending on your interpretation, and no AF. Felt very nauseous this morning upon waking. My IC's had what looked like more evap lines last night, and I decided not to squint for longer than 5 minutes this morning. I'm tired. Ha. It better show up soon though, if it's going to!  

Really sore breasts as of last night, which never happens.

The waiting continues...

I won't test again until tonight (unless I get AF) because I will be at school all day. 

FX please!

granite, I hope clomid proves to work wonders for you!!

KWPX2, FX for you too!

me (28) married to dp (30) + 2 dog fur-kids!  TTC our first baby!  baby.gif

BFP in 2009: still grieving my loss

4 tries so far (two with frozen, two with KD): all BFN

#545 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Liz - horay! energy.gifIt is Viking baby dust, it must be extra strong, right?

Scorpio - argh, the suspense is killing me just reading about it. I can't imagine how you must feel. I hope a line shows up soon fingersx.gif

Quote:
Here is a QOTD for you all: If you could take only one supplement (vitamin, herb, antioxidant, etc.) to increase your fertility (let's say in addition to folic and/or a multivitamin), what would you take?

The only absolute must would be folic acid ind combination with B vitamins. Everything else seems optional to me. I love drinking my teas though.

afm - I have had odd feelings in my lower abdomen several times today and felt a bit nausea both in the morning and afternoon. My brain tells me it is biologically impossible to be pregnancy related at 2DPO, but it's just strange. It's not like I am looking for symptoms, it's that the crampy whatever going on in tummy is more than I can ignore. Oh well. I am only posting this here, that in case I do end up preggo (which I definitely don't expect), I can brag about having felt it really early orngtongue.gif

#546 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 08:51 AM

Hi Everyone,

Scorpioma: It sounds like you are still having great symptoms! fingersx.gif

Lea: I'm impressed with how regular your cycles are! I don't have personal experience with timing with fresh, but from what I hear you should aim for earlier and it should live for a while. So I would say evening of CD14 or morning of CD15 at the latest. Good luck!

Sphinxy: It seems like a lot of people feel like EFAs are important for fertility. Thanks for the reminder!

Darcy: I'm sorry about your spotting and bfn. It's such a hard process. hug.gif It's exciting that you'll be using TSBC! They are wonderful. The phone counselors are very helpful and will generally happily give you lots of additional information on each donor (what the lab staff think about him, what he looks like, etc.). For TTC this baby we're doing one IUI at a clinic, at least for now. For the last baby (our son) we did 1-3 IUIs per cycle. What are you doing?

Twomommyfamily: I'm sorry you're experiencing cramps. I hope you feel better soon!

KWPX2: It's so hard at the end of the TWW. Will you get a beta to know when to stop progesterone?

Lovingisliving: I'm glad that your acupuncturist is hopeful that it will happen soon. I know that a lot of people find acupuncture to be very helpful.

Lizbian: It's so exciting that you ordered your swimmers! How many insems are you planning to do this cycle?

Granite: I hope that the clomid continues to treat you well!

Lisedea: Like you, I found ICs to be plenty sensitive, and as sensitive as other more expensive tests. I'm so excited for you with your triplets!

Friederike: Fingers crossed that you're feeling super early pregnancy symptoms!

AFM: So my wife's temps are pretty low. On the one hand, there are some obvious reasons why her temps might not be terribly valid (the biggest being that our son is up numerous times throughout the night). But it makes me a little bit nervous that her progesterone might be too low. Anyway, she had that tested this morning, so we'll know soon enough. When she had it tested a few cycles ago it was 10 point something and our RE recommends supplementation for anything under 10, so we may need to try supplements next cycle. We'll see!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#547 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 AM

Scorp - BFN here too. I realize I am only 13 dpo/dpiui but it seems like things should be happening. I keep noticing every little thing with the hope that it could be the sentinel symptom! I suppose I will be off to the store for more tests this evening! Keeping my FX for you!

Escher - My RE just told me to stop after 14 days on the progesterone. I supose she figured I would test + or - by then as it would be 16 dpiui at that point. I am suposed to ring her up and let her know the test results. Perhaps if I have a bfp then she will test me to see if I should stop or not.

Friederike - I had a lot of tenderness and crampiness for several days after insem. I am still hopeful it was all good signs. FX for you these next several days!

Darcy - Sorry about the virus but yeah! now you know you wont be sick like this with progesterone again.

Granite - Good luck growing follies!

Afm, not much to report. Bfn this am at 0400. We had a band of bad storms roll through with hurricaine force winds. My phone made this terrible alarm (which evidently is new) from the emergency brodcast system to let us know the big bad wolf was huffing and puffing upon our house. So needless to say we were up pretty much for the day. We did try to sleep but with the tornado sirens going off every 15 minutes even after the storm passed it was pretty futile. No more pregger symptoms to report. Tomorrow will be the last day of our TWW. I suppose the POAS gets down and dirty!

edit: today at work one of the Xray techs was about to zap a shot in the operating room and I didn't have a lead apron yet. I almost yelled "Stop, I may be pregnant!" I did get my apron and didn't have to spill my beans to a room full of people who I probably wouldn't have on my "A-list" for first notification. Just thought it was sort of funny.

Me-F-44 +  Wife-33 + + X 3 +  X2
#548 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 01:03 PM

Friederike: I know you've triggered before so you know how you feel post trigger. For me, the 3 days post trigger I felt very pregnant. Lots of activity in my uterine area, bloated, dizzy, tired. That being said, what you're feeling can definitely be something! I've been writing down everything I feel each day. Fully aware that its mostly the trigger followed by the progesterone causing most of it.

KWPX and Scorp: it ain't over till its over!!

Scorp: this is a crazy long cycle for you and a long lp even for someone who has long lps. Your chart looks so good!! Fx for you!!!

Escher: temping is so rough when sleep is constantly disturbed. Keep us posted on the progesterone test today!

Granite: you are so lucky to have no yucky side effects with clomid! Grow follies!

Lizbian: the dream is almost a reality! So exciting!

Darcy: I truly think that the small follicle issue can be resolved. I think the next cycle is going going to show big improvements!!

Afm, 6dpiui. Blah.
#549 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 02:01 PM

Alright, folks. Here's the update!

Late this morning, I got a faint BFP. Yes! So faint, but actually pink this time. I'm still was doubting my sanity. Talked it over AT LENGTH with lisedea and another MDC graduate friend, and they are thinking it was a faint BFP.

My period is due today, no sign of it yet, and I am nauseous and exhausted. 

It is so early, however, that I am still a bit cautious about it, but we are hopeful!

I am testing again when I get home tonight and using my last digital in the morning.

Really hoping for a sticky baby...eyesroll.gif

2whistle.gif for that strong +!

#550 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 02:09 PM

YAY, SCORPIOMA!!!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#551 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 02:09 PM

scorpio!! banana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gif

Me (37), DW (31), and our three sons: L, M & O eyesroll.gif twins.gif 
#552 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM

gasp!!! scorp!!!!!!!!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#553 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM

IM SO NERVOUS WHAT IF IT WAS AN EVAP LINE OR I HAVE AN EARLY LOSS?!

oh, lord.

(my mind, all day)

#554 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 PM

scorp... BREATHE.... one teeny tiny (BABY!!!) step at a time!  <3

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#555 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 02:18 PM

thank you so much justanotherjenny!  that felt like a virtual hug!  luxlove.gif

#556 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 02:31 PM

Scorpioma!!!! That is SO incredibly exciting!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see your next post!
#557 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 02:31 PM

Sorry for the double post! Guess I'm just THAT excited for you!
#558 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 03:18 PM

Congrats, scorpio!!! I had a good feeling for you this month! Stick around, baby!! joy.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#559 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 03:46 PM

Omg!! Congrats Scorpioma!!! How exciting!!

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#560 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 04:18 PM

Scorpioma- congratulations!!!!

Me-F-44 +  Wife-33 + + X 3 +  X2
#561 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 PM

I knew it!  So happy for you Scorpio!!!!

#562 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 04:40 PM

Scorpioma! HOORAY!!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Quick update: Well poop on this cycle. Progesterone today (should have been 7dpo) was 0.4. You can move me to waiting to O or waiting to be ready, whichever you prefer. We'll try again next cycle, and in the meantime we'll consider what we need to add to our lives: acupuncture, vitex, etc. Advice is welcome.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#563 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, scorp! I am soooo excited and I know you are being cautious and I will wait to give you a veggie parade when you get your confirmation but inside I am doing the veggie dance because I am so excited for you and to be with you on this journey!!! I know what you mean about having those thoughts like "what if something goes wrong," but I keep just trying to counter that with, "and what if it all goes right?" I really feel like, yes of course I'm going to worry and I have to let myself feel that, but there's nothing wrong about feel happy. biggrinbounce.gif

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#564 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 05:13 PM

thanks guys. I took another one tonight (IC) and again, so faint you can barely see (or believe) it's there. Might take digital tomorrow.

Will call doctor in the morning to get blood work and in the mean time deep breathing and keep testing. I am happy, of course, but also I haven't missed a period yet. Sphinxy, you are totally right to feel happy! I need to see that positive digital before I fully join you!  winky.gif

Agh, you guys have been so supportive and continue to. Thank you. luxlove.gif

escher, so sorry. what would be an ideal progesterone level at 7DPO? hang in there! I think there are a lot of folks with progesterone knowledge on here now, yeah?

easttowest, you totally had ESP!!

Darcy: how are you feeling today?

#565 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 06:19 PM

Scorp: I think they usually look for a progesterone level of 10 or higher.

Escher: ugh, .4 is low. but she is definitely ovulating. Confirmed with opk and ultrasound.... hmmmmm.... I tried several supplements including vitex, maca, and 100mg of B6. I even tried progesterone cream(which did absolutely nothing for me). Accupuncture may work! But for me it's pregesterone suppositories. Every woman's body is different and perhaps the herbs or vitamins will work for DW. Keep in mind that it can take 3 cycles or longer using some herbs/vitamins to see a change.

Scorp (again): I still have total faith that this is your much anticipated bfp! I can't wait to see your post in the morning!
#566 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 PM

lovingisliving, You're right about the bland tasting Fertilitea. I was glad it was bland instead of just absolutely gross! I was nervous what it would taste like bc i'm a regular tea with milk and sugar kind of girl. I did add some honey for flavouring nd it wasn't bad...considering I don't like honey lol! I've been taking it a little over a month. What about you?

Lizbian, I love the international swimmers! I always get excited after I place an order for the swimmers lol.

Granite, you know I didn't have any problems on clomid like I've heard others have. Maybe just a little hotter in the night, but otherwise..nothing...besides 3 mature follies. Clomid did alright for meeh.

Friederike, Mye body does that crazy stuff too sometimes after insems..I HATE IT! I'll think, stop playing tricks on meeh you awful mind! FX though!

KWPX2, that sounds like mye last night! I was at work and the sirens kept going off over and over. Luckily nothing hit close to us. LMAO on the "stop, I may be pregnant" thats awesome..but that xray tech better watch out! FX!

Twomommy, 6dpiui for meeh was like being in Limbo lol. you're almost there!

Scorp, YAYY!! I hope to see a 'pregnant' on a digital for you so bad! fingers and toes all crossed

AFM, same ole same ole, temping and tea drinking. rinse and repeat.

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#567 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 PM

scorpioma .. congrats!  have faith, some people don't get darker lines for a while or at all. . it is DEF a positive!  Now what you need is a sticky baby so FX for you!!  I really thought this was your month too. . signs seemed good. . 

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#568 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 06:53 PM

Lizbian - Thank you. I think yesterday was the worst day. I am doing better and looking forward to my U/S tomorrow to check antral follicles and possibly start clomid if everything looks okay. 

Granite - Thanks for the support. I am trying my best to stay positive and looking forward to trying clomid. If the RE's proposed schedule is correct, I am looking at a near Valentine's Day insem. Glad to hear you were feeling better once you left work. When do you think you will be inseminating?

Friederike - FX for you and your early symptoms!

escher -  I am so very sorry to hear about this cycle. I just started progesterone for the last insem and hope that your DW can get some ASAP for next month. It kept my temps nice and high until I stopped taking it. We are very excited about TSBC! This cycle we are just planning one IUI at RE office. I wanted to add an ICI at home but it's not looking like it will happen just yet.  

KWPX2 - So sorry about BFN hug2.gif. FX for you tomorrow. That storm sounds scary! Do you get that kind of alert on your phone often? 

Glad you were able to grab an apron quickly! I always end up in those kinds of situations where I have to say something during the TWW. I must sound a little crazy when I blurt it out! 

Twomommy - Thank you for the encouragement. I guess I am just really scared that all of this wont work. 

Scorpioma - I am doing better today - thank you! I was so excited to see your post earlier and look forward to an update!! FX!! FX!!

AFM - AF showed up in full force this morning. Killer cramps woke me up which never happens! U/S tomorrow to check antral follicles and see if doc will prescribe clomid this cycle. The nurse said something about wanting to do the HSG first but then I would be out this month (for clomid) since I can't do the HSG until day 7-10.  But I will push for the clomid. HSG is scheduled for February 7th and hopefully that will be clear. This month is looking to be crazy busy but I have a gut instinct there will be no insem due to follicle size and not being able to trigger. Crazy, huh? I will keep positive thoughts but I really have a strong feeling it's not going to happen. 

Thanks again everyone for your support. I really don't know what I would do if I hadn't found this place. 

I do have a question that I could use your input on...How do you plan for the financial aspect of this process? Since we are buying sperm from a bank (800 incl ship for 1 vial) and doing IUI's and monitoring at RE (approx 500) we have already blown through our savings 7500 since we started this. 2 cycles we used two vials which obviously cost more but we just don't have the extra money to keep doing this. For those of you in similar situations, did you save up for years in advance, have insurance, have help from family, or are just keeping other costs down? We might be looking at IVF down the road and that is a huge chunk of change. 

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#569 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 07:19 PM

kwpx yes, the alarm seems to be a new thing. I was thankful for it though, as we don't have a weather radio. It was hard to get DD back to sleep after it was all over and we were clear to leave our "take shelter" location, i.e. the hallway with DD's crib mattress ready to put over us.

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#570 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 PM

kwpx2, 12DPO, right? getting close!

darcy, so sorry. hugs. clomid might have a great solution for you!

sotohana, getting close to insem.?

twomommyfamily, excited for our new thread tomorrow?!?! biggrinbounce.gif

It's my dog's 6th birthday. Good day for a new thread. Ha!

fmorris, keep on keepin' on, girl! xoxo

took IC test tonight, looked white. ugh! will report tomorrow, hopefully with news. keep away, AF!  fencing.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page