Queer Conceptions: January 2013 - Page 20 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#571 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Love the visual of fighting off AF, scorp! I hope tomorrow and the new thread bring you new clarity. I will be a little bummed not to get to graduate you.

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#572 of 585 Old 01-30-2013, 09:25 PM

Hey y'all- I'm sorry for being so MIA lately. I've been on the worst roller coaster of emotions these past two weeks. Sometimes I literally think I'm going insane. First I really thought I was pregnant, but found out I wasn't and then our friends got pregnant on their first try and then my insurance denied me for fertility coverage after they'd first approved me. @$$holes. I swear the jerks over at Aetna are total homophobes. Thank god the RE's office has agreed to help me fight it. Needless to say I haven't been the most balanced emotionally as of late.

Still, I did want to give you an update and jump back in to the fray. So, tonight (about 30 minutes ago) I gave myself a trigger shot of Ovidrel. The RE prescribed it to me when she did a follicle scan yesterday and found a 17mm follicle. Also, my lining was around 9mm and I guess it should be more than 7mm at least. So, I've got that goin' for me. I did take an OPK this morning with second morning urine just to be sure I wasn't going to ovulate on my own. It was not smiling, so I picked up the shot after work this afternoon. 

Insem is scheduled for Friday morning at 8:45 and DW is going to be in town for it! Yay! She travels so much for work that I'm never quite sure if she'll be here or not, which sucks, but it is what it is. 

So, here we go again. This TWW I've got my sister's baby shower to keep me distracted and I'm going to get lots of cuddle time in with my nephew Dashel who is 2 and oh so adorable as well as my friend's son, Skylar, who is the most hilariously precocious and whip smart three year old I've ever known. Gawd I love those kids. 

Sending dust.gif to all those in the TWW and lost of love and support to those waiting to O and taking a break. 

xo

Abby

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#573 of 585 Old 01-31-2013, 01:03 AM

scorp keeping everything crossed for you, really really hope this is it for you after everything thumbsup.gif

escher we're getting 3 vials for this go and will adjust next time depending on what happens. Think we're going to space them out at 12 hours past surge, another 10 then another 10. Luckily it's Sunday & Monday I'm not working.

kwpx sorry to hear about BFN & as the others said storm sounds pretty scary. We don't get them that bad over here, the worst that happens is they break the sea wall which is a fairly rare event.

soto sorry to hear how down you've been, good luck for the next go around. ps my wife's name is Abby - love it!

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#574 of 585 Old 01-31-2013, 06:39 AM

Temp dropped and AF like cramps. No period but I'm feeling scared. Just an update. FX still, okay? Not feeling so positive.

me (28) married to dp (30) + 2 dog fur-kids!  TTC our first baby!  baby.gif

BFP in 2009: still grieving my loss

4 tries so far (two with frozen, two with KD): all BFN

#575 of 585 Old 01-31-2013, 06:48 AM

Everything this crossed Scorp!!!!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#576 of 585 Old 01-31-2013, 07:27 AM

Hey everyone! Join me over at the shiny, new February QC thread!! orngbiggrin.gif

#577 of 585 Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 AM

Scorp - We are still keeping FX for you. I have been having some mild cramping as well. AF not due until next week. I am holding on to the idea that maybe it was a late implantation (can take up to 14 days) and the crampiness I have been feeling is implantation or some other sign of being pregnant. Today is the last day of my TWW officially. BFN this am but not stressing.

Soto - You sure have had a lot on your plate! Wishing you quick and positive resolution to your insurance BS and excellent baby dust this round! Grow those follies!

Esenbee - You all sound like you have the storm "duck and cover" down to perfection!

AFM,

BFN this am. I had the IUI last Thursday so this is officially the last day of the TWW. AF isn't expected until next week. My temps are staying higer than my coverline but it could just be a function of the progesterone. The tests I have taken up to this point really havent been of consequence as I knew I was still heavy in "the wait." So now I am looking forward to tomorrow's results. I really just want to know one way or another.  Baby dust and sticky baby dust all round....

Me-F-44 +  Wife-33 + + X 3 +  X2
#578 of 585 Old 01-31-2013, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sending good thoughts in the direction of those still in the TWW (or TW+ wait!) and those preparing to inseminate.

Just wanted to write a quick THANKS for all your thoughts on the insemination timing – we’ll try on CD 14 - next Wednesday. I'm not sure what time (work stuff that afternoon that I can’t miss) and even though they say to use it right when it arrives, I think we might put whatever is left in the refrigerator and try again first thing in the morning on CD 15, ‘cause why not? Otherwise it will just go to waste (with the test buffer added it is too much stuff for one insemination anyway).

Looking forward to joining you all on the February board and seeing what comes our way!

me (34) and dp (39). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! 

****5****10****15****20****25****
30****35***40
#579 of 585 Old 01-31-2013, 01:08 PM

I'm missing a lot here, just dropping in after a few days, good luck to all in the TWW and those who received their fresh BFP!

...so, as DW & I are taking a cycle off, I am left with time to think.  Not always a good thing!

Question/feedback appreciated - DW has had 2 chemical pregnancies in a row...got our BFPs around 13/14 DPO both times.... and when her HCG was first tested both times it was super low, a 13. (so bizarre that she initially got the same level both times) Numbers increased well both times between her second and third beta tests...and then finally drop off around 19/20 DPO & the bleeding/tissue passing started.  We are working with very close ultrasound monitoring (sometimes daily leading up to IUI), trigger, and then insem 24 hours later.  Is it possible that timing of IUI may be our issue/problem?  I'm thinking of how long both parts are viable.  I'm trying to rule out all possibilities...

Right now, between our DRs and us, it seems to just be an issue with low progesterone/implantation, which we're going to adjust next time... but could it maybe be other factors?  Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#580 of 585 Old 01-31-2013, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

SanDiego--It doesn't seem like a problem with timing since DW is getting pregnant although it seems 30-36 hours after trigger would be good too.  I would lean more towards implantation/progesterone as things to work on.  Perhaps trying a different kind of progesterone supplementation would help.  Maybe DW is not absorbing it properly.  I took 100mg of B6 a day and it seemed to be helpful for me.  I had less spotting.  Acupuncture can also help, but you may already be doing that.  I think on my last cycle I scheduled acupuncture for around 7DPO to encourage implantation because I had been going around 10DPO.  Some people eat pineapple core to aid implantation, core only not the softer ring part.  It's the bromelain that is supposed to help.  You can also buy bromelain tablets, but I read that you should take them without food so the enzyme is not being used to digest your food before it gets to the rest of your body.  Low dose aspirin may also help.  It thins the blood and helps prevent blood clots in the endometrium so the bean can implant smoothly.  I was told to take that after O when I was doing the injectables but I ended up taking it during the whole cycle just in case.  Acupuncture can also help with producing a good lining with fewer clots.

I hope your break is restful and productive.  Breaks are something you can control and they are very useful.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#581 of 585 Old 01-31-2013, 03:44 PM

Link to February http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1373561/queer-conceptions-february-2013 smile.gif

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#582 of 585 Old 02-01-2013, 12:15 PM

thanks Pokey, this is good info

DW is now taking herbs prescribed by our acupuncturist (who specializes in fertility), she is also eating more protein, nutrition powders & superfoods/greens...and folic acid.

I'll talk to her, perhaps we'll mix in the other items you mentioned, thanks again for your thoughts.  I hope you're feeling great.

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#583 of 585 Old 02-01-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego78 View Post

I'm missing a lot here, just dropping in after a few days, good luck to all in the TWW and those who received their fresh BFP!

...so, as DW & I are taking a cycle off, I am left with time to think.  Not always a good thing!

Question/feedback appreciated - DW has had 2 chemical pregnancies in a row...got our BFPs around 13/14 DPO both times.... and when her HCG was first tested both times it was super low, a 13. (so bizarre that she initially got the same level both times) Numbers increased well both times between her second and third beta tests...and then finally drop off around 19/20 DPO & the bleeding/tissue passing started.  We are working with very close ultrasound monitoring (sometimes daily leading up to IUI), trigger, and then insem 24 hours later.  Is it possible that timing of IUI may be our issue/problem?  I'm thinking of how long both parts are viable.  I'm trying to rule out all possibilities...

Right now, between our DRs and us, it seems to just be an issue with low progesterone/implantation, which we're going to adjust next time... but could it maybe be other factors?  Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Has your DP had her progesterone tested?

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#584 of 585 Old 02-06-2013, 12:08 PM

Hi everyone, just trying to join this thread, Amanda

#585 of 585 Old 02-06-2013, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Amanda! We're so happy you're here. The Queer Conceptions actually gets a shiny new thread each month. You've posted in the January thread and I'm afraid most folks won't see it. Come join the group over on the February thread by clicking here: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1373561/queer-conceptions-february-2013/80#post_17257834

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page