Queer Conceptions: January 2013 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 585 Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

twomommy & darcy Fingers crossed ladies - at least you're getting the tests etc & not just trying haphazadly waiting for something to happen so it's going in the right direction.

chortles thanks - I think the only 2 they have are the pregnancy testing ones & the monitor ones to test for the big O but don't quote me on it - may be different over here. We might start TTC at the same time, the more info the better I reckon.

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 585 Old 01-09-2013, 02:43 PM

Threadcrashing to say CONGRATS to esenbee! joy.gif Sending positive vibes for a sticky baby!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#183 of 585 Old 01-09-2013, 02:51 PM

I am so happy to hear all the great news today...congrats mrsandmrs and esenbee! joy.gif

afm: dw & I are taking the next cycle off (dr recommendation) and we'll start this all back up again in Feb. (should be late Feb.) In the meantime, dw is going to get an HSG test, to make sure everything looks ok with her tubes & uterus.  She had her thyroid checked a few months ago which was fine.  It may just be as simple as her needing extra doses of progesterone next time for the bean to stick. Our doctors feel confident this will eventually work for us.  I'm trying my best to keep dw's spirits up throughout this.....she is pretty depressed...what a way to start off the  new year. boo.

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#184 of 585 Old 01-09-2013, 03:24 PM

Esenbee, how bout that digital. Way to confirm!! jumpers.gif

Sphinxy, You're absolutely right! Cheers to mum! TTC can get expensive, but sure is worth it!

Scorp, LOL on the blessing! Anything that makes this process easier is more than welcome on mye end!! Good job on the getting healthier! Its not as easy as I thought lol!

Lizbian, I have been assuming mye insurance (through mye employer) was an epic fail when it came to ttc, but thanks for mum's backup! I think so too with the IUI's ..and then i've got a trigger that I haven't used. Good plans :)  Mye goodness, what a lovely email from your mum! What a great feeling for you two!

Twomommy, Pleasant surprise is the word! Looks like i've gotta get DP ready, shes been so busy lately travelling nearly every other week for business. And she'll be going again in 2 weeks. Seems like just when she gets settled in and slows down its time to go again. GEEZ!

Darcy, I can imagine how you're feeling, but remember this is a journey with many ups and downs. Things will get better. When I tried clomid the first time I had 3 follies all over 19mm. Maybe its just about getting the right protocol for you. You'll find it and then you'll get that BFP! No worries but tons of hug2.gifyour way.

CHortles, I think I almost did that as well. I thought they were replacement strips for the digital ovulation checker. But apparently they're for the fertility monitor. They should let you return them. I've been looking for replacements for the ClearBlue Digital as well, but it seems like they really want you to buy a whole nother test and strips everywhere I've looked!

Sandiego, Sometimes a break is all you need. Look at esenbee, after they're break they came back with a BFP. This is a time where you two can focus on each other. Put TTC in the back of your mind for the time being. Things will get better I don't doubt it..its just one of those rough patches in TTC we all go through.hug.gif

AFM, I'm finding eating breakfast for meeh in the morning is the hardest thing! I know its good for meeh, but mye appetite is just not there. I've only been able to manage some yohgurt and granola with an ensure plus..maybe a banana sometime. Otherwise...nada. I'm sure trying, but this gaining weight thing is harder than imagined. If I eat too much I feel too full, but then I still have a whole nother meal to eat plus snacks! I'm going to get a scale to stop mye guess work...havent had one in the house in ages.

JUST A THOUGHT FOR ALL: TTC is a wild emotional rollercoaster ride. It brings you up and takes you back down just as fast. We go through a lot in this process and I just want to reflect and make everyone aware just how strong we are. Not just as individuals, but also as a wonderful thread family. Doing this alone (or even just with DP/DW) is hard and can get harder without the proper support. All you ladies are amazing and thanks for all the support and all the strength here. Its more than appreciated! thanks.gif

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#185 of 585 Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 PM

SanDiego I hope the month off lets you both regroup & come back harder with more success.

fmorris - very true words, thanks. Perhaps it'll work better if you eat smaller bits more often? I remember when I had to eat lots more carbs when I was training lots and it was VERY hard so good luck! 

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#186 of 585 Old 01-09-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbian View Post

SanDiego I hope the month off lets you both regroup & come back harder with more success.

fmorris - very true words, thanks. Perhaps it'll work better if you eat smaller bits more often? I remember when I had to eat lots more carbs when I was training lots and it was VERY hard so good luck! 

I'll try that, I just had a small salad before tea so i'll still be hungry enough. Seems like i'm eating all day lol....but I am! :) Nd I thought i'd share mye thoughts because we all struggle at some point In TTC where we wanna give up and get discouraged.

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

#187 of 585 Old 01-09-2013, 08:19 PM

Finally on a computer and can give hugs: Darcyhug2.gif

And in the spirit of Fmorris' empowering message of us all together as a supportive community: grouphug.gif

#188 of 585 Old 01-09-2013, 09:19 PM

ESENBEE!!!!!! So happy for you!!!biggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbiggrinbounce.gif

That is the best news.

AFM- been worrying a bit about my FF saying I O'd on CD 12 since I insemmed on CD13. After I finally figured out that feature that lets you compare charts to others, I realized that some other women who've used frozen sperm have also insemmed the day after O and gotten pregnant. I was just about to convince myself that I oughtta give up hope. Now I'm feeling a bit more reassured. It's possible! Six DPI...I guess it comes with the territory. Other than this, I've been surprisingly calm this time- mostly because I convinced myself I couldn't be so lucky to get pregnant on my second try. The other day I called a local RE and left a vm requesting an appt. Turns out that my insurance doesn't require a minimum number of tries anymore before they'll cover treatment. Now they just require that you meet your deductible and then they'll cover 50%. That is way more doable especially considering that we maxed out both of our FSAs this year and mine lets me use the money on a credit card before I've even accumulated it from contributions. The timing is so funny- I kind of have to assume I'm not pregnant because I want to be sure to set up an appt with an RE in time so that if they need to do certain tests on certain cycle days, I've planned well enough in advance. The way I'm thinking of it is that I could always cancel if I do end up pregnant, but holding that negative assumption is grating on me too.

In other news- I applied for and was granted an interview for a much better (for me) job within my company. Interview's tomorrow. Wish me luck! This would cut my hours down to PT and my job duty related stress down to zero. I'm willing to take it even though the rate of pay is $1.50 per hour less. Seriously. I hate my current job that much. 

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#189 of 585 Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 PM

sotohana - super good fortune vibes to you -- no luck needed!  You got this!

me (38) + wife (34), one fabulous fur-son.  Newlyweds starting TTC Feb 2013 for our first baby!

#190 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 03:19 AM

sotahana good luck - great insurance covers some of it. As you say easier to cancel an appointment if not needed than have to try to book one with short timeframe.

#191 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 AM

Thanks Chortles & Lizbian! I'm feeling pretty good about it this morning. I'll hop on afterward and let y'all know how it went. smile.gif

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#192 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 12:07 PM

Hi Everyone!

My wife and I are just starting to TTC #2. This will be our first cycle trying. Can you please add me to Waiting to O? Thank you!

Our TTC process for our son (now 14 months) was fairly long and painful, so we're hoping that this round will go more smoothly. We're switching uteri (from me to my wife), so we're hoping that she happens to be amazingly fertile. We'll see!

I look forward to getting to know you all!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#193 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 12:13 PM

oooo escher good luck! are you using the same donor? 

#194 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 12:19 PM

Lizbian: We hope to! We have 12 vials of his sperm, and while it took us more than 12 vials to get our son, it seems like we should have a decent chance of getting a baby with 12 vials!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#195 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

SanDiego - It's so good to hear from you. I took the liberty of moving you over to "Waiting to be Ready/Figuring Things Out", I hope that's OK with you but please let me know if you'd rather be in a different category. I hope you and DW get the answers you need hug2.gif

Fmorris - So well put, thank you! This is a very special group grouphug.gif

Soto - FX for you today!

escher - Welcome! wave.gifI hope your stay is short and sweet. Any ideas when your insemination will be?

Lindsey - I just realized you must be getting ready to test soon... how's the wait going? fingersx.gif

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#196 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 12:21 PM

Good to see you on the QC side escher!  Good luck!  Has your wife been charting/temping a few cycles? 

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#197 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 02:22 PM

Congratulations esenbee

mrsandmrs, TWINS! Wow! That is exciting. I have a few friends who have twins and another who is a twin. They all say twins have a bond unlike anything else. 

I knew a lesbian couple (on discussion boards) who had been trying for a while without success so they started inseminating BOTH of them each month and figured they'd stop when one of them got a BFP. They both ended up getting pregnant in the same month and one was carrying twins so they had "lesbian triplets". I can't imagine what that must have been like!

Soto - It says in your signature line that DW did 3 and you did 1 IUI. Does that mean you two are alternating who might carry the pregnancy? Sorry that I may have missed that in an earlier post. That is exciting.

Scorpio, did KD get tested and give you guys the green light for a try this month? 

Lizbian, Congrats on the great response from your mum! That sounds really sweet. 

On male role models -- I think the need for male role models is a myth. I can teach my son how to be a good human and a loving person. I believe he'll be even better served by not feeling like he has to act like a "man" in the social role model BS way. DW and I are loving and respectful of each other and him. We try to role model positive qualities that every person should have. We encourage him to pursue whatever interests he has. We bought him dolls when he was little but the only time that he interacted with them was to toss them through a basketball hoop. Some things are just "nature". 

Aww, thanks for thinking of me Sphinxy!  I know this sounds kind of weird but I feel like I'm sure that I'm not pregnant. I just don't have any symptoms. I've already been kind of down about it even though I have not tested yet. When I conceived my DS, I was SURE that I was pregnant. I even got a negative HPT at 11 DPO and I was so confused because I just felt sure. Then I got a positive at 13 DPO.  We are going away for the weekend and AF is due Mon or Tues. I'll bring a HPT with me and probably test Sunday? I just don't feel like going through the emotions of negative HPTs.  

I called my insurance and even though they don't cover any "fertility treatments or fertility medications", they said they would cover a consultation and blood work. I know I haven't been trying for very long and I don't even know about this cycle but since it takes about 6 weeks to get an appointment for an initial consultation, I figured it couldn't hurt to get the ball rolling. 

#198 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 02:28 PM

escher yay - that's great they'll be half sibs - we're hoping to do exactly the same thing and I hope it takes less than 12 vials.

sphinxy can you add me to the waiting to be ready please? got knee surgeon in a week and having blood test so hoping to know more about timing soon.

LindseyW OMG triplets! It wouldn't even be like one of them could support the other as they'd be in the same situation. Crazy but a good way to get it all over & done with I guess. Good luck getting the ball rolling as you say can't hurt to start the process

#199 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 03:18 PM

Hi Escher! That is so exciting that you two are TTC #2. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope that you get to send most of those vials back!

Lindsey- I hear you about feeling not pregnant. Wouldn't it be cool if you are, though? I hope you are so that you don't have to go through a long and protracted TTC process. I'll be thinking of you on Sunday. 

AFM- I am trying to avoid the negative assumption, but its pretty much constant. I mean... who really gets that lucky to get pregnant on their second try? Also- I'm doing the same thing as you, Lindsey- setting up an appt. with an RE before I even know. It's good to plan ahead, imo. Our appt. is set for the 21st at 1pm. I'll test on the 15th if I don't know beforehand. Also tonight I have another acupuncture session to help support implantation. Perhaps I'm imagining things, but it seemed like when I wiped earlier that the tp was ever so slightly pink...implantation maybe? Crazy-making? Last night I had a dream where I was able to fully imagine what it would be like to learn that I was pregnant. I haven't been able to imagine this so far. In my dream I didn't freak out. I was just like "Omg. that's so cool! Squee! I have to tell DW." I didn't even cry in my dream. 

Also- the interview went well! I will know by tomorrow afternoon if I got it. Yay!

#200 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM

oops- forgot to reply to your question, Lindsey. DW and I plan to alternate back and forth each month. My nightmare is what happened to those women with the lesbian triplets. I'd die. We started out with DW actually and those were her three tries, but then her cycle stopped as she had a lot of grief last year with her sister and dad dying. They only recently started back up. 

#201 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 04:54 PM

Oh, I do remember reading that Sotohana. Sorry to hear about the heartache in your family recently. I conceived my DS on our second try... I think that is why I'm having a little bit harder time with ttc #2 ; I expected it to be as easy as it was last time. I know that isn't reasonable (and the folks who've been trying for MANY months are probably rolling their eyes -- rightfully so).
#202 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 05:26 PM

Lindsey -we tried for #2 for 4 months last year and just started back up after a long 9 months. We got it the first try! There is no reason to feel unreasonable for thinking it could happen for you quickly!

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#203 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 06:39 PM

Escher, Welcome.gif I hope this try is a lot shorter and pain free! Best of luck to you both!

Sphinxy, No problemo. I was just thinking of all the times I needed support and would have been utterly lost without the ladies here so I thought I'd say thanks!!

Lindsey, You're insurance sounds about like mine! I never thought to ask about a consultation along with bloodwork. Maybe they'll cover it for meeh as well! And don't give up hope bc so many BFPs have come with no symptoms at all.

Soto, Keep hope alive!! That could be a little implantation bleeding! FX for you!!! And glad the interview went well, another FX and toes you get the job!

AFM, this day has been pretty terrible! Heard back from mye OB's office in regards to the refund they should be issuing meeh...now the insurance is saying they overpaid so they may need to make adjustments and might end up not covering anything..putting meeh back to square 1. UGH! And then on top of that...DP and I were arguing this afternoon. mecry.gif We left each other angry (which is something I'm completely against nono.gif) and then no more than 20 minutes later she called nd said a school bus had hit her. This year is turning out to be the worst nd we're only 10 days in. If it plans to continue like this...iono if ima make it. *EPIC SIGH*

SPHINX, could you move meeh to taking a break/waiting..i'm too stressed to even think about this right now nd am feeling pretty down greensad.gif.

#204 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Oh, fmorris, I'm so sorry! What an absolutely sh*tty run of everything! Please don't give up on 2013 yet, though... There's still 355 more days to go, and they could be full of awesomeness, including a new addition to your family. hug2.gif

Glad to hear the interview went well, sotohana... FX for you! I think it's great you're making the choice to leave a position you loath, even if there's a pay cut: Quality of life is so much more important.

Lindsey, you seem so chill through this TWW! I admire you for that. That's great that you'll get insurance coverage for at least some aspects of this whole TTC gig... Every little bit helps.

Welcome back, escher! I was lurking wayyyy back when you became pregnant with your DS, and am happy to get a chance to share this adventure with you. I hope you and your DP get your BFP long before you run out of vials.

Hugs to you and your DP, SanDiego... Yes, this has been a bad start to 2013 for you too, and I'm so sorry for that. greensad.gif

chortles, I am *so* with you on the weird ambivalence of the TTC rollercoaster: We're simply baby-crazy and it seems like we're ready, and then suddenly so full of difficult emotions when we're moving closer to making it real! For me, this happens every time I need to call the fertility centre... I literally have to sit down, because my heart starts beating too fast.

AFM: I'm *totally* about to *finally* O, and my RE won't be back in town in time to do an insem!  This is when I get completely livid about the way donor sperm is regulated in my country, because if we were allowed to, we'd be doing our own IUI at home tomorrow... And as it stands, my sperm is locked away in a lab on the outskirts of town and I'm not allowed to have it! Arg!

Okay, rant over.

I'm actually happy and doing great. I didn't hear back from the fertility clinic until after I called them this morning with the news that I got a strong positive on the OPK, which is when they told me that they wanted me to get bloodwork done but couldn't insem until next cycle anyway. My on-the-bright-side take on the situation is that I'm ovulating without drugs, and that's pretty nice.

(But if anyone wants to do a midnight raid on a certain medical facility in the PNW, let me know...)

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#205 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 PM

Fmorris: Oh my! This sounds like a day from hell! I'm so sorry to hear all of this! hug2.gif  Is DP okay? I hope that things with your insurance also work out better than it seems at the moment. Everything seemed so promising yesterday. 

Escher: Welcome and how exciting to be TTC #2! hola.gif  I can't wait to someday be in your shoes and be posting here when my DP is ready to carry our second. I hope that this TTC process is shorter than your first!!

Lindsey: Its not over until AF shows! You're still in it! 

Soto: Plenty of women get lucky on their second try!! I do think its great that you and Lindsey are thinking ahead and just checking in with the RE to see if all is well with hormones if this cycle doesn't work out. Also, I really hope you get the job! Sorry to hear that you don't like your current position so much so that you'd be willing to take a pay cut. But if the stress level goes down significantly that can help with TTC and eventually having more time to spend with the baby! 

Granite: how frustrating!! I'm sorry the laws are so restrictive in Canada and I wish your doctor were in town! I would definitely raid the bank with you!!
#206 of 585 Old 01-10-2013, 09:00 PM

Granite, thanks. You won't believe how the days been..on top of that...its been raining the whole time like the rain cloud is seriously following meeh! I'm trying not to give up, but when DP and I argue she gets hesitant about tryin. Ion get it bc even married couples with children already still have an argument here or there, but it has nothing to do with parenting skill and ability. iono ...shrug.gif... And as far as you O'ing thats wonderful! No drugs and its going naturally! Yay! I hate it that the laws in Canada are like that! I would say get across that border to insem, but your swimmers are at the RE! Ugh!! Well atleast the O is confirmed! Thats great news for next cycle! (Nd i'd be so down for a midnight raid for swimmers if i was closer!!)

Twomommy, Yes indeed, the day from HADES! Thanks for the hugs. Nd DP is alright just a little banged up, but shes ok. Maybe the insurance will say they didnt overpay nd just give meeh mye credit. Sure crazy how things can change from day to day.

#207 of 585 Old 01-11-2013, 03:32 AM

fmorris that is a pretty awful day. Perhaps you'll have to have a 'New Year' starting from Feb instead? wipe this month again, regroup and decide it'll be a short 11 month year instead of twelve. x

granite so frustrating to have the little swimmers so close and yet so far away I feel for you. Good that you're so positive though, I'm impressed.

afm I'm having a 3rd blood test in a week to see if I'm O'ing as the tests seem to show I'm not even though the clearblue monitor indicates I am. Also having appointment with knee surgeon in a week (busy week with docs) so will know after that when op is and then when I can start TTC.

#208 of 585 Old 01-11-2013, 04:04 AM

Maybe I spoke too soon. Got a BFP this morning. Wow, I guess they do come with no symptoms sometimes. The light is awful in here at 5:30am but can you see it?
#209 of 585 Old 01-11-2013, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

I see it!!

No icons I'm on my phone but CONGRATS! I had a feeling Lindsey, yesterday when you were sure you weren't pregnant, I thought - watch her 2nd pregnancy totally sneak up on her, that would be so cool.

I know some people like to wait for other tests and things, so you just let me know when you are ready to be graduated.

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#210 of 585 Old 01-11-2013, 05:41 AM

Lindsey - THAT'S A LINE!

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page