Queer Conceptions: January 2013 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

merstone, bouncy.gifROTFLMAO.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifgoodvibes.gifbouncy.gifROTFLMAO.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifgoodvibes.gif

CONGRATULATIONS! Wishing for a sticky bean, keep breathing, this is great news!

We will cross all fingers and toes for you while you get another conclusive BFP!

Sphinxy: How are things looking with the treasure hunt? Ha! Glad the swimmers are here!  whistling.gif Love this part, right? I am waiting too, for my OPK! EWCM is here but the waiting never ends!

granite, YAYAY! So glad you may still be able to O! I have "longer" cycles too (no PCOS, so not over 38 days total normally) so I can somewhat empathize with the LOOOONG wait, and it SUCKS!  But this is great news and you are seem so zen about it all. I am SO glad RE will be back and things are probably a GO. I want to see you in the TWW, friend!  lol.gif

Darcy: How many vials do you have of your sperm? Also, do you have one cycle telling you that you O'd 48 hours after surge or two?

What did the doctor say about timing? I would do one at 36 hours just to be sure, if you have two, and then maybe the following am? Anyone else want to chime in? 

YAY, insem!! Excited for you!  biggrinbounce.gif

sotohana, CONGRATS on the job! So awesome! Nothing feels better than that and it sounds like a better fit for you. love.gif

Leah2012: So glad you get to rest in the TWW now, congrats to you! I hope the timing was great- DP and I have never used the kits but people have had good experiences on here, I know! Good luck and keep us posted! I agree, it's a great place to be, this community.  luxlove.gif

ALSO!

KD CAME BACK WITH NORMAL STI/HIV RESULTS, WE INSEM. THIS WEEKEND!

It may be as soon as tonight if I get a +OPK today. I have TONS of EWCM and so now just waiting for OPK. We might insem. even without it tonight, not sure. WOW, we were both shocked when he texted, we really thought we'd have to skip this month. He worked really hard to make it happen for us.

So grateful.

me (28) married to dp (30) + 2 dog fur-kids!  TTC our first baby!  baby.gif

BFP in 2009: still grieving my loss

4 tries so far (two with frozen, two with KD): all BFN

#242 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 09:06 AM

MerstoneROTFLMAO.gifbouncy.gifenergy.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gif

What a week!! I think this means wonderful things for us on the board, good luck with timing this weekend Scorpioma, Sphinxy, and Darcy!

Granite: How awesome that the doctor will be back and your O is coming and it looks like timing is working out great!! Regarding your question if we would adopt. Yes definitely. We started the adoption process first a while ago then truly thought about it and realized that we want to try to get pregnant. Also my DP wants to carry our second. So we will be mommies one way or another.  

Sotohana: I forgot to mention congratulations on the job!! That is wonderful! You are getting close to testing soon too, right? Maybe more good news!!

#243 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 09:48 AM

merstone - Congratulations!!! Fingers crossed for you!!

RS11 - Yay for the positive OPK - that must have been so great to see! Much luck to you for next month and have fun picking out your donor. I loved that part!

scorpioma - my clinic only does 1 insem and I only have 1 month of temp tracking to show the 48 hour stat. I have a lot of control (which is weird for me) on timing this insemination so I'm not sure if I should insem around 4pm because of the whole 90% of women ovulate between 4-7pm or if I should just inseminate 48 hours after which would probably be around 9am. I think 36 will be too early - ahhh I don't know! If I don't get any other advice I will probably just do 48 hours after and see how that goes..Since my follicles grow so slowly it might make sense that it takes longer for my egg to release after the LH surge. I am so so glad your KD checked out this month. How cool of him to try so hard to get things done! How exciting that it might even be tonight!! How many insems will you be doing? I am so jealous of your fresh long lasting sperm!!

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#244 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

darcy - If you think 36 might be too early, how about splitting the difference and going for 42? I think you would catch a late afternoon/early evening O, and the swimmer lifespan might make it through to the next morning. Just a thought.

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#245 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 11:19 AM

Hi Everyone,

Sotohana: Congratulations on the job! Hooray! When do you start? I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed for this cycle for you!

Fmorris: Hooray for getting some things covered! Dealing with insurance can be so stressful. I'm glad that things are looking up!

Scorpioma: Happy birthday to you DP! It sounds like you have lots of great signs of fertility. And hooray for your KD's normal results! Good luck with the insem!

Twomommyfamily: Thanks for the information. I'll have to check out CoQ10 supplements.

Lea: I have my fingers crossed for you. When will you test?

Granite: How exciting that you may get to insem this cycle after all! It sounds like you have lots of great fertility signs this month.

Darcy: Good luck with your insem!

Sphinxy: Good luck on your insem too! I hope that is comes soon!

Merstone: WOW! I have my fingers firmly crossed for you. Stick, baby, stick! sticky.gif

RS: Hooray for a positive opk! Good luck with the donor decision. I always found it very hard to pick a donor.

AFM: CD3 is a nice and boring time. The sperm will arrive at our clinic on Thursday, but we don't expect to insem until the following week.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#246 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 11:27 AM

sotohana  congrats on the job!!!!!!! awesome news

fmorris a few years ago I had a crap Jan & decided Feb was the new start of year & it made me much more positive so I hope it helps.

lea welcome and good luck for your TWW xxxxxx

merstone fx for a BFP I hope it all goes to plan for you xxxx

rsll  good luck for choosing your donor - we had a 'donor' party with some friends who came & chose from our 12 shortlisted donors. Funnily enough they all chose our top 3 which was reassuring.

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#247 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 12:20 PM

So who is testing soon in the TWW?

And which ones of us are entering the TWW this week?

Me, Darcy, Sphinx, maybe granite?

We are doing our first insem. of the month tonight!  om.gif

#248 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 12:22 PM

Sphinxy, you're right. Im hoping things will turn around asap! Hope your O date comes soon!!!

Merstone, Thats definately positive! Congrats! Everything will be fine, Monday's just a hop skip nd jump away!!

RS11, WooHoo on the unmedicated O! I hate sperm bank paperwork too..its soo much sometimes! Best of luck next month!

Escher, Thanks! Two hoorays for that! And you're right, I never knew what a hassle insurance can cause until it happened lol. Things are looking up and I love it!

Lizbian, Its good to know Im not the only one who has dreadful January's!! Looks like February is really mye new year.

AFM, Felt like I might have been O'ing (from the pain in mye left ovary) but I used a digital nd had no smiley. Did I miss it or something? Im not sure but even on the cheapies I didnt see a definate positive (when I took it yesterday) like I saw last month. HMM?

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#249 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 12:25 PM

scorp good luck on the insem!!!!

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#250 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

scorp - SO excited for you! I will live vicariously through your insem plans until my time comes. No EWCM yet, still creamy. With three tries behind me I feel confident in my cycle now - not to jinx myself, but I always O, I always get EWCM, and I always get a positive OPK. So this time around for me is all about patience and waiting for the best signs.

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#251 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 04:34 PM

Fingers crossed for you Scorpioma!

me (38) + wife (34), one fabulous fur-son.  Newlyweds starting TTC Feb 2013 for our first baby!

#252 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 04:45 PM

thanks everyone!

Sphinxy, Can you move me to Waiting to Know? I may not be on here again tonight! Thanks! 

DP is going to pick up the sperm tonight at 9 (he drives to KD's house, which is only 10-15 minutes away, and waits in the car. KD comes down, they exchange awkward small talk, and DP brings the sperm home in a jar wrapped in a towel. We have a routine! HA!)

I will of course announce when FF has confirmed my O, but it takes a couple days so it's hard to say now!

fmorris: how many OPKs are you taking per day?

escher: hi, so nice to meet you!! Congrats on starting TTC #2!  wave.gif

#253 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 05:24 PM

Lol "awkward small talk" should be an SNL bit wink1.gif

me (38) + wife (34), one fabulous fur-son.  Newlyweds starting TTC Feb 2013 for our first baby!

#254 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 05:46 PM

Example. This happened on our first night inseminating w KD.

DP: "Hey, which jar do you want to use?"

KD: "Omg, that is a big jar! well, um, I am not going to like, fill it up or anything..."

DP: "No, no of course not, well, we just wanted you to be comfortable..."

KD: "I will take the small one."

#255 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

LMAO!!!!

ROTFLMAO.gif

FX for you goodvibes.gif

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#256 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 08:17 PM

fmorris, I just checked your FF chart, and I'm sorry to say that my guess is you O'd on CD16/17, and indeed did miss it... But your temps really were jumping around a lot, so maybe not...? Let's see what tomorrow's temp is like.

#257 of 585 Old 01-12-2013, 08:24 PM

Scorp, I'm normally doing 2, more knowing when I get closer to O. But I usually have pretty good signs from mye body and when I test their spot on. Maybe all this stuff thats been going on has stressed meeh a bit. We'll see, because I'm pretty sure I was feeling O pains this morning. I'll test again when I get home and see what happens.

Granite, I thought that but then I wasn't sure. Nd mye temps were pretty spikey. Im going to test when I get home and see. The lengths of mye cycles have been varied between 29 and 33 days, but closer to the 30, 31 range. We'll see with the temps tomorrow as well.

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

#258 of 585 Old 01-13-2013, 03:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Wow, another BFP this month. Congrat Merstone. This board is really taking off right now. Let's hope all the ladies entering their TWW in the next days are soon to follow! Lots of baby dust to everybody.

#259 of 585 Old 01-13-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpioma View Post

Example. This happened on our first night inseminating w KD.

DP: "Hey, which jar do you want to use?"

KD: "Omg, that is a big jar! well, um, I am not going to like, fill it up or anything..."

DP: "No, no of course not, well, we just wanted you to be comfortable..."

KD: "I will take the small one."

I think this conversation happened almost exactly in our house!  We have a whole list of awkward conversation too.  also since KD was visiting from out of town, we used to leave him in our apartment and go on "the sperm walk" until he texted when he was done.  At one point he was meeting a friend after for a drink and the friend went on the sperm walk with us which we think made him an uncle.   Then when we were visiting our KD's but staying a few blocks away, they texted, "heading over with sperm and the crackers you left here"  NICE . . 

oh and good luck!  Hope this is it! 

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#260 of 585 Old 01-13-2013, 10:02 AM

hahahah Cordelia, sperm and crackers? Amazing. 

My DP drives to KD's house and picks it up, which makes him the "Sperm Chauffer."  LOL!

Thanks, I have not gotten an +OPK yet, which is frustrating on CD20. I will test a few more times today and just keep being patient. Last night's insem. was sort of insurance in case I miss my surge... I hate having long cycles! Last month I got my + on CD20...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/scorpioma/

#261 of 585 Old 01-13-2013, 01:16 PM

Scorp,, I sure know what you mean about long cycles. I can't recall a 28 day cycle. Hopes for a + ASAP!

AFM,Well looks like I did miss the big O. According to FF it was on CD17. Last month was CD20. What are you doing cycles?? Comparing the data with the timing of our first nd second iui's makes meeh believe they were too early. Guess triggering is in the near future.

#262 of 585 Old 01-13-2013, 01:49 PM

fmorris, keep testing with OPKs to make sure!

sometime FF can be wrong if you keep temping, they might change the day of O... 

and thanks for the well wishes- I really think I will get a + tomorrow!

#263 of 585 Old 01-13-2013, 05:15 PM

Merstonefingersx.gif Fingers crossed so tightly for you! fingersx.gif

Scorpioma- That sounds like great timing to me if you O today or tomorrow. Our friend got pregnant with her last baby by insemming three days before O with fresh KD sperm. Good luck on this TWW! 

Chortles- I love your idea for the SNL sketch! That is such a hilarious concept!

Darcy & Granite- Good luck with your insems that are coming really soon! 

AFU- DW has been watching youtube videos on making your own cloth diapers for the last hour. We went over to our friends' house this afternoon and they have a seriously large collection of cloth diapers. So prepared! I love it. Anyway, we enjoyed oohing and awwing over adorable baby clothes and wishing them well as they do their first insem tonight. 
Thank you all so much for the congrats on the new job. I'm really looking forward to it, needless to say. I start on the 28th as I requested a few weeks to properly prepare my clients for my transition to a new job. They've all done such amazing work that I'd hate it if they fell through the cracks just when they are starting to feel supported. That's the only tough part, but I know I gotta take care of #1 right now. As for pregnancy signs, my boobs feel ginormous and my temp has been rising really steadily. I did that thing that one of you did- the chart overlay with my other cycle that I inseminated on FF and it looks really awesome. Here it is below. What do y'all think? I'll test tomorrow morning cause DW leaves for Big Sky country immediately after work. She made me promise that if its negative, I'll wait till Friday when she gets home to test again. That pissed me off, but what am I gonna do? 

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#264 of 585 Old 01-13-2013, 09:11 PM

Sotohana... Not to be overly optimistic here, but WOW DOES THAT LOOKS LIKE A CLASSIC TRIPHASIC BBT CHART. Which is not a *guaranteed* early pregnancy sign, I realize, but it still definitely points in that direction!!! FX for you, I'm so excited for you to test!

I've never been one for ooohing over cute baby clothes under usual circumstances... Then yesterday I found some brand new baby wool at the thrift store and immediately abandoned all other craft projects to knit up the most darling tiny cardigan. I keep pretending it's for one of my many expecting friends, but let's be honest: I'm chock-full of ovulatory hormones right now, and every single stitch I make is a wish and a prayer for my own pregnancy!

#265 of 585 Old 01-13-2013, 09:35 PM

Wow!!! Sotohana, that chart looks awesome! I can't wait to hear about the test! I sewed some cloth diapers myself for my DS. We liked the patterns and PUL from verybaby.com best. The PUL that they sell at the JOAnnes fabric store near us fell apart after 1 month. The stuff from verybaby still looked great after 2.5 yrs though.
#266 of 585 Old 01-14-2013, 05:28 AM

Hi Everyone,

Lizbian: your donor choosing party sounds like a lot of fun! I can imagine it would be reassuring to have other people like the same donors you liked.

Scorpioma: How did your insem go? It seems like one of the (many) advantages of using a KD is the ability to do an early insem for insurance.

Fmorris: I'm sorry that the opks aren't giving you clear answers this month. Hopefully next month it will be much more clear!

Sotohana: Your chart looks amazing! Are you taking progesterone this cycle?

Granite: I have my fingers crossed that you'll have a little one to wear that sweater soon!

Hi to everyone else!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#267 of 585 Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 AM

granite, oh my word, you are so cute! send us all one! (just kidding, of course)

escher: insemination was good- waiting for OPK, but because I def. in the fertile window and my temp dropped tonight, we will be doing another insem. tonight- although I except the OPK today.

are you using a KD or sperm from a bank? when is your insem. scheduled? 

sotohana...that looks like a pregnancy chart to me... FINGERS CROSSED!

biggrinbounce.gif

afm... as I mentioned above still fertile now... TONS Of ewcm and waiting for +OPK. Temp. dropped. O is probably tomorrow!

#268 of 585 Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 AM

BFN, but no period. Temp dropped too, but not significantly. I guess I'll just wait to see if AF comes and if she doesn't by Friday, I'll test again. My LP hasn't been this long since I began tracking, so that's a good sign. At least if Im not pregnant then my cycle is getting better. Today is Day 11, so I'm trying to keep hope alive. Still Im allowing myself a tiny pity party- stayed home from work today.

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#269 of 585 Old 01-14-2013, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

merstone: Hurray!!! Congrats on the BFP

soto: congrats on the job, sounds like a great change for you. I am loving my new job, it makes such a difference. keeping my fingers crossed for you! DW and I saw some cloth diaper patterns at the fabric store! So cute, makes me want to start making them now. My internal dialogue goes something like: "it's probably better to make them now, spread out the costs over as long as we can, not just the 9 months we are pregnant and trying to save for everything else too" 

scorpio: glad everything worked out with KD, fingers crossed

afm: Talked to my acupuncturist, I've had chronic migraines for like 17 years or something ridiculous like that, he wants me to do a cleanse in March and then start trying in April. I want to talk to him about moving the cleanse up to Feb so that we can try in March. DW has really started taking ownership of this whole TTC process and it's really cute. She downloaded an app so that she can track my cycles and uploaded all my previous charts from FF and sends me reports on my projected fertile days each month with the potential due date. We watched the business of being born this weekend. Very interesting. DW is convinced now that we should have a home birth, and we're both pretty hopeful about the idea. 

fingers crossed for everyone else in the TWW, baby dust to everyone! 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
#270 of 585 Old 01-14-2013, 11:28 AM

sotohana keeping everything crossed for you, if not this time than going in the right direction x

escher - it was very amusing esp as most of them were straight & married!

2justice that's lovely your DW is getting involved. Mine absolutely freaks out about the thought of CM & won't even mention the words!!! quite funny though, she's interested but busy with work so think when we're trying she'll be move into it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page