Queer Conceptions: February 2013 - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 319 Old 02-23-2013, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

granite yay!!!!! that's so exciting, finger crossed it all proves to be a BFP for you.joy.gif

escher thanks! We're only trying once more because the chances of us conceiving with ICI is so low compared to IVF. The cost of 3 home insems is the same as one lot of IVF so we thought we'd give it a go and if not we'll try the higher percentage route rather than keep on trying with a fairly low success rate. I also have PCOS and am unmedicated (hard to get medicated over here with my situation) so wanting to increase chances as much as possible.

Everyone else thanks - no AF yet but have all the symptoms, due tomorrow/Monday so we'll have confirmation then. I am happy with everything we did, the only thing I would change is not being quite so sick. I know it's not supposed to matter but I can't help think that my body trying to fight the fever means it probably shuts most other functions down. Fingers crossed for next time though.

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#272 of 319 Old 02-23-2013, 03:39 PM

lea I think we'll be a little behind you - if all goes to plan probably the 10th/11th I think. In the TWW at the same time though!

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#273 of 319 Old 02-23-2013, 04:30 PM

Lizbian, Sorry about the BFN. Good luck with the next cycle. Hopefully that'll be your BFP! I usually have that response lol. I've played tennis competetive for 17 years and mye metabolism has NOT slowed at all. Gaining is one of mye biggest challenges! To gain 2 lbs a week I would need to eat around 2500 calories! I'm trying though!

Friederike, AF is super inconsiderate! I hope she comes asap as well. The tea I'm drinking has Chastberry(Vitex), Red Raspberry Leaf, Green Tea, Ladies Mantle, Nettle Leaf, and Peppermint. Its the Fertilitea. I enjoy it! Its so hard to gain weight for meeh, skip a meal and I lose a pound!

Granite, Heyyyyy not toooo bad!!!!!! Are you gonna do a digital anytime soon!? I looked at your chart and your temps seem like they're staying elevated. FX!!! x

KWPX, Well your temps are still up there too! Looking a bit like Granite's chart! FX for you!

Lea, I'm trying not to think about it and worry bc that'll make it late too lol I do wish mye cycle lengths would be a bit more consistent. oh well, i'll roll with it!

AFM, prenatals, tea, and waiting for af...STILL!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#274 of 319 Old 02-23-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPX2 View Post

Thanks gang. I will keep cataloging MRS.

Lise I did change my O date to coincide with the trigger and insem. FF actually had me down for O on CD 12. It looks difficult to pin down with the temp drop the day after iui. I also wasn't able to temp on CD 13 at my normal time so I wasn't confident in its accuracy.

Mine always dropped the day of O--and it looks like yours did as well last month. Did you have an u/s that verified your ovulation? Not that one day makes a huge difference....just curious.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#275 of 319 Old 02-23-2013, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hey all, thanks so much! I just did another internet cheapie strip, and there's a definite second line now! So we're going to skip buying a digital, and wait until Tuesday's blood test for a more sure result... Though to be honest, I'll probably test again with a cheapie (several times) before then, heh heh. 

Lizbian, I'm sorry for your BFN, but at least you'll get to have that drink in Manchester, like you said... I hope your last at-home try is the ticket for you!

KWXP, your symptoms sound promising! Though as a foodie myself, I am so sorry for these particular symptoms for you right now! In May, I'm going on a trip down to Portland (OR) specifically to eat from the fancy food carts there, and am fervently hoping this pregnancy is real and sticks so that that I'm in the second tri by then and ready to chow down. I'm also hearing you on the anxiety/elation... I'm already planning on booking an appt with my therapist for after Tuesday's blood test. Your chart looks great, BTW... I think lisedea may be right though, about O on CD14. And I'm super-impressed by your tracking of *everything*! Wish I'd done that. I started light cramping on the Wednesday evening after my IUI on Tuesday morning, and they've continued pretty much ever since. Same with my tits being sore. Oh, and also I got all teary a couple days ago from an old Scottish folk song that came on the radio. So silly, but true! FX for you! fingersx.gif

fmorris, I've read and reread your comment re: "open enrollment" and finally hafta confess that I have no idea what that means. Help a Canuck out? Where did you enroll, and why was it "open"?

Friederike, I'm doing my best to improve the stats on this month, okay? Because you're totally right, it's nuts that we've gotten to the 23rd of the month already without a BFP, especially with a month as short as February!

Great news on those blood test results, escher! Any idea yet if things will align to let this monitoring cycle turn into an insem cycle?

Hugs, lea... All that coordination sounds super-frustrating. Maybe your KD could try shipping it to you again, just so that you don't have to miss out on the chance?

AFM: Well, I'm still reeling from the positive test. Took advantage of the sunshine and went for a loooooong walk with the dog, ending up at the house of some friends who sadly weren't home... And I realized that I had no energy to walk the rest of the way back to my place. DP came and picked me up with the car, which was the sort of really nice thing she'd do even if I weren't potentially knocked-up, LOL. Other than that, I've spent the day laying on the bed, dozing and reading to take my mind off the anxiety/elation! I got through two entire books today, including The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, as recommended by Lizbian... Thanks, what a great book! (The other was Wild by Cheryl Strayed, which I also thoroughly enjoyed.)

Thank you again so much for all the well-wishes and FXs!!!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#276 of 319 Old 02-23-2013, 06:58 PM

Lise, My RE does a US to check for follies and to direct when to trigger. So I had a US on Tuesday and there were three (I think) follies big enough to trigger. Based on my schedule we plotted when to trigger and I went in 38 hrs post trigger to insem in the 39th hour (Wednesday eve). No repeat US though. I have read that O happens 36-48 hrs post trigger. I suppose it is possible I didn't actually O until the following am but it would have been about 10 hrs post insem in that case and hopefully the swimmers were still moving along. The weird thing is that FF tried to plot my O on CD 12. It truly seems a little confusing to me given FF plotting one day, my body feeling like it was the next day and my temp looking like it was the third day. Couple that with the fact that we had a sub-standard sperm count in the sample and this will prove to be miraculous if we conceive!

Me-F-44 +  Wife-33 + + X 3 +  X2
#277 of 319 Old 02-23-2013, 07:18 PM

Liz, very sorry about the impending AF. I couldn't agree with you more about being sick like that post insem. It plain can't be helpful!

For all the foodies....we are in Charleston, SC and have had the pleasure of dining at FIG, The MacIntosh, and Husk this week. It has been one delish thing after another. I'm still thinking about this incredible miso panna cotta with house made caramel and pickled blueberries on top. It was the perfect blend of sugary smooth rich creaminess with just enough tart from the blueberries to make your mouth not notice all the sugary rich creaminess. It was light and yummy and the miso was apparently just a stabilizer....no miso taste. I would have never put those three things together and thought it would make such a wonderful combination of flavors but gosh it worked well! I'm looking for the Tums tonight though...too much rich food this eve (I wasn't able to finish again. Lost interest half way through.)

Me-F-44 +  Wife-33 + + X 3 +  X2
#278 of 319 Old 02-23-2013, 07:32 PM

Wow, that sounds amazing... I made pickled blueberries for the first time this past summer and was totally surprised by how yummy they are... I can't even imagine the panna cotta! drool.gif

#279 of 319 Old 02-24-2013, 01:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Granite - what great news. Fingers crossed that you can graduate next week after great blood test results!

#280 of 319 Old 02-24-2013, 03:11 PM

Granite, boy do you have meeh on the edge of mye seat wondering for you! Nd as far as open enrollment..with health insurance they have a period once a year called "open enrollment." At that time you can add, delete, or modify your coverage. It usually lasts about a two week period. Once the time has passed you're no longer allowed to make changes (say if you get preggo, 3 weeks after and want to add short term disability) until open enrollment the following year. So you've got to make sure you have all the coverage you need while you can change it otherwise your out of luck until next year! I hate that policy though. I love the fact you walk to the friends and didn't want to walk back lol! Sounds much like meeh sometimes, and that was very sweet of DP to come to your rescue. Can't wait till your results!

KWPX2, Your post earlier made meeh so absolutely hungry! The way you described it had me picturing how wonderful it looked and tasted!

AFM, still hanging out waiting for AF. DP said to meeh shes ready for her LO to be here, and I just had to tell her alright hunny I'm just waiting on AF to show up whenever she plans to so we can get things kicked off!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

#281 of 319 Old 02-25-2013, 08:39 AM

fmorris - hope she arrives soon!

kwpx2 what a random combo of things! I always wonder how people think to put weird ingredients together. I am not imaginative enough!

granite lovely of DP to pick you up from your walk & I'm glad you enjoyed the book!

AFM I am SOOOOOOO angry at the courier people. Spoke to them on Thursday - pick up Monday. I said I was out all day but would leave the tank out the front - nothing like advertising exactly what you've been doing! Of course had no missed phone calls from them all day, got home & there it was, sadly sitting there. I rang them up. 'Oh' he says' 'I was waiting for a call back'. It was all I could do to be polite, told him I had already said it was out the front & that I didn't have any missed calls. He asked if I had the paperwork and I said yep, had that for 2 weeks now! Supposedly they're going to collect it tomorrow. I could have bloody walked there faster that that.

AF still hasn't arrived but I can tell she's just around the corner. I might do another test tomorrow morning if she's still MIA but will see in the morning. My boobs are VERY sore, can't even hug people. Found out funeral for my friends is Friday which is probably just as well we're away Saturday morning for the weekend. Looking forward to checking out a veggie restaurant as such things don't exist in Guernsey.

#282 of 319 Old 02-25-2013, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all, time flies! It is almost March! I truly hope I am able to graduate someone this month (Granite, I'm eagerly awaiting the beta results!!)

At any rate, with a new month comes a new threadkeeper. Any volunteers for March?
#283 of 319 Old 02-25-2013, 03:30 PM

Called the clinic, told them about the positive HPT, and they said to get blood work done today if I wanted... So I did, but because it's late afternoon, I still won't get results until tomorrow morning... Aiee, so excited!!

#284 of 319 Old 02-25-2013, 03:37 PM

Oooh!!! GRANITE!  Fingers crossed for you and a nice strong beta!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#285 of 319 Old 02-25-2013, 10:24 PM

So exciting Granite! Fingers crossed!

me (38) + wife (34), one fabulous fur-son.  Newlyweds starting TTC Feb 2013 for our first baby!

#286 of 319 Old 02-26-2013, 04:22 AM

twomommy I have a bit of a crazy couple of months coming up so not able to volunteer sorry but well done this month!

granite that is SOOOO exciting fingers crossed for you!!!!!

AFM AF came this morning along with..... another illness angry.gif I had almost recovered from the last one, now my throat is so sore I can't swallow. Booo. It's from walking the dogs in the freezing cold on the weekend so hoping I get better soon and that it's just a common cold.

Good news - the courier company FINALLY picked up the tank 15 DAYS AFTER I ASKED THEM TO!!!! wow nothing like British efficiency.

#287 of 319 Old 02-26-2013, 07:36 AM

Granite: So exciting! Let us know when you hear!

Lizbian: I'm glad that they finally picked up the tank. I'm so sorry that you're sick again!

Twomommy: I would be happy to be threadkeeper next month if you still need someone.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: It looks like we may be insemming this cycle after all! Follicle today (CD12) was 15mm, so our RE says that she expects a postive opk around CD16 and that we should do an IUI then. Hooray! Can you please move me to Waiting to O? Thanks!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#288 of 319 Old 02-26-2013, 07:44 AM

escher! How exciting that you get to try so soon!

Granite:  Dying to hear your news!

Lizbian:  Finally!!!  So sorry you are sick again!  I had something similar happen to me September, October, and November.  Every time I got well, I got sick immediately again! So irritating!  Hope you feel better soon!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#289 of 319 Old 02-26-2013, 07:53 AM

thanks escher and yay on the insem!!!!!! not long to wait now and good you should be able to relax a bit more on the weekend hopefully.

justanotherjenny I know finally! tank's not getting shipped until tomorrow though useless people. Frustrating as can't go to the gym or anything but gone off food which may be a good thing if can't get to the gym smile.gif

#290 of 319 Old 02-26-2013, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Escher: thank you very much for volunteering! I'm also really happy that this is a real insemination cycle and not a monitoring cycle.

Lizbian: what drama with this tank! And your next tank will be arriving soon already! I hope that they can manage to pick it up more quickly next time.

Granite: I'm confident that your beta is coming back with a nice high hcg level! Very exciting!!

Baby dust to all! Any news, KWPX?
#291 of 319 Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 AM

In the way of fun tank stories... I was at a conference for the last couple of days so DP was responsible for shipping it back. To make things easier she brought it to a drop-off station where she had the following dialogue. It made me laugh in the middle of a lecture.

UPS guy: "whatever did you ship in there? Hazardous material?"
DP: "well, you could call it that. We'll see later...."
Guy: " Huh?"
DP: "It's a sperm tank"
Guy: "you working in a labratory?"
DP: " No, that's for home use..."
Guy: " wow....that's cool"
DP: "yeah, extremely cool"
Guy: " well then, good luck!"

I thought that was a great conversation. My girlfriend is hardcore, I would have been way too chicken to talk about it that openly with a total stranger.

#292 of 319 Old 02-26-2013, 09:46 AM

Friederike your DP really is hardcore - I'm impressed!!!!!! I just hope they don't stop the 'hazardous material' on the way in next time! Nice he was good about it. How you feeling about everything?

This restored my faith in humanity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JibZ2U3o-M hope you like it!

#293 of 319 Old 02-26-2013, 11:00 AM

Oh Lizbian... That made me cry... Thanks for sharing. I'm so sorry you're sick again.

Friederike, your DP is *so* hardcore!

Hurrah for an insem cycle after all, escher! Here's hoping for threadkeeper's luck in March goodvibes.gif

Thanks for the explanation about your insurance, fmorris... It seems like it'd be so hard on people who get pregnant unexpectedly! I wish your AF would hurry up and arrive, too.

Any news, KWPX?

AFM: No word from the clinic yet, but I was able to check my lab results online: Beta at 194 IU/L! And I know from the good info over at betabase (thank you to whomever posted the link to that site in past QC threads!) that that's a good number for 13 DPO. So I did an O date override on FF, and am declaring myself pregnant. Even if this baby doesn't stick, I'm thrilled that for this moment, it exists!

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Thank you all so much for your support!

Twomommyfamily, can you please move me to Graduates? Thank you!

#294 of 319 Old 02-26-2013, 11:03 AM

broc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gif

carrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gif

CONGRATULATIONS, GRANITE!!!!!!!

broc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gif

carrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gif

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#295 of 319 Old 02-26-2013, 11:06 AM

Granite!!!

#296 of 319 Old 02-26-2013, 11:09 AM

Congratulations Granite!! I am so happy and excited for you!!!

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#297 of 319 Old 02-26-2013, 11:14 AM

Granite!!!!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifThat is absolutely fantastic news, soooo happy for you after everything you've been through! I really hope it sticks xjoy.gif

#298 of 319 Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 AM

Yeah Granite! Congrats! I am on my tablet, so no dancing veggies, but you should imagine lots of bananas and carrots and broccoli!
Sticky baby thoughts!

#299 of 319 Old 02-26-2013, 11:47 AM

Woohoo granite!

me (38) + wife (34), one fabulous fur-son.  Newlyweds starting TTC Feb 2013 for our first baby!

#300 of 319 Old 02-26-2013, 12:16 PM

Lizbian, I sure do too. Sorry you're not feeling so well. Hopes you get better soon. Atleast the tank is gone!! lol

Granite, I'm super excited for you!!!Congrats! broc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gif

AFM, feeling a bit bloated which gives meeh a good sign AF is close. Sure wish things would move along!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page