Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2013, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, seraf, what an epic night! So sorry about the sickness and that it's throwing off your moving plans. Seems like a wise decision to wait, though! Also, I think I forgot to mention before that I am excited for you guys and your big urban move! Sounds like a good change. smile.gif

Esenbee, we didn't name Wylie until he was at least 5 days old. It's funny, we didn't even talk about it really until about day 3. We were just so obsessed with loving on him and learning about him, naming him seemed sort of abstract. People kept asking us about it, though, and finally the midwives reminded us about the birth certificate paperwork, do we had to make a decision.

Bigfoot & Mrs, congratulations! Those babies are lookin great! Yay!!!!

Pokey, I am glad you are feeling fine and have the feeling that all is well. I hope your doc approves the trip of your dreams!

Afu, Wylie's first long day with sitter went amazingly! He even drank from the bottle! I feel so much more at ease now.

Queer parent on the adventure of a lifetime raising my sweet little guy, born at home in September 2012, with the love of my life by my side!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 09:44 AM

Planet, yay for a good day with the sitter!

And here they are crashed out on my lap.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 02-28-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet View Post

Seraf, you got me thinking.  There's no way I can lower Wylie enough in the Ergo to nurse AND feel like he's secure enough; I've tried.  Suddenly I am curious to try a simple sling carrier.  It doesn't put too much strain on one shoulder?  Is it too late to try starting at 6 months?  Which one would you recommend?   We won't buy one, but I bet I could borrow or trade for one eventually around here if I put it out there.  The conversation about carriers on here made me think about the fact that Wylie has never really enjoyed being in the Ergo inside the apartment for very long.  But maybe in a regular sling he would be happy to hang out while I did some stuff at home, because it'd be more like being held on my hip?

I'm struggling about how to be on this board, but I just can't keep up and respond as I'd like to to everyone's exciting news and lovely everyday thoughts, and I don't want to be too lurky.  So I think I'll just jump in when I have a strong practical opinion about something helpful, or when there is major news, or when I have a little extra time just to catch up.

So for today...

Cananny: I'm definitely keeping up on facebook, but you deserve major CONGRATULATIONS in every possible forum!  

granite: Congrats and a big welcome!

Esen: Yowza. Glad you have support here and elsewhere.  It does seem highly unlikely to get better, and I think that the warnings about your daughter's fear and what will be your heightened vulnerability once the baby is born are really important.  Biggest hugs coming your way. 

Seraf: LOVE that pic.

Planet: I was never able to nurse in my Ergo, though I did finally find a different SSC (a Kanga, made by Blue Kangaroo and available selectively online) that worked better.  Have you tried loosening and lowering the waist band down around your hips? I LOVE nursing in a ring sling, though, and have been doing it since Lilah was about 6 months old (not at ALL too late to start).  I get her upright and then loosen the sling and bounce her down a bit.  If you put "nursing in a ring sling" into YouTube, you'll get a bunch of videos. I still do this, even though LIlah is probably around 28 lbs.  I couldn't do it all day, mind you, but it works for 30 min or so...long enough to cuddle and nurse while I putz around the kitchen, etc. Around the house, I pretty much only use the ring sling and a woven for a ruck carry on my back. Out of the house, I use the SSC.  I think the sling feels more like being held and cuddled.  I love it, especially for a hip carry. I hope you find one locally that you can borrow or make. There are sewing tutorials online, too.  I like a nice wide shoulder on my ring slings.  

Ok, MUST WRITE.  Good to hear from you all!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:04 AM

Oh, names. Ours will be at least three days before they are named (although, who knows...we could surprised ourselves). We had a girl name picked out...and a lot of others we really, really liked. Oh what? All boys? Shit. smile.gif Our list is now at 10 names. We have already picked out middle names for sure...so at least that is over with.

wishin'--Oh yeah. It is all becoming totally real now. And we are down to 5 weeks at the most!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:21 AM

erintngirl!  YAY for coming over here. . glad to have you! 

sphinxy.  congrats on the job and the move back home

seraf. . hope that night was a one off and tonight is better

bigfoot. . what great pictures and good luck on all the tests. . 

wishin. . i hear such great things about hypnobirthing.  glad you are enjoyint it

esttowest. . good news about your boss and excellent on baby friendly workplace. . hope dw feels better soon, hormones are no joke

AFM.  no real news, back to Dr today but just for a check up.  have been feeling the baby more which I like and getting ready for DS's 2nd birthday which blows my mind! 

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

Old 02-28-2013, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

planet - i have a woven material ring sling and a heart to heart one. THe heart to heart is what I use now (sage is 27 poundsish?) because it is PADDED and makes a big difference for my shoulder. I like nursing in it. I change up shoulders each time.

seraf - that is one adorable pic. sorry the night was rough :(

afm - DW is off work today having day 3 of terrible cramping with AF. Hrm. Like keel over on the floor kinda cramping at times. This is very unusual so she's heading to the Dr this aft. I'm worried about her.

Both kids have colds - I'm pretty tired from nightime love for sick LOs - but we are making the most of the day anyhow. Made a snowman with DD1 :)

Thinking of you all and WOOHOO Granite!

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

Old 02-28-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinxy View Post

Yay, Granite is here! biggrinbounce.gif

Yay, Erin is back! wave.gif

Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts on clothing. I think I'm having a little style anxiety. This uber-casual working from home thing for the last year and a half, coupled with living somewhere I don't really want to be and being a little depressed about it, has meant that my normal public wardrobe hasn't really been up to date and I've put on a few pounds so most of my pre-work-from-home clothes don't fit anyway. I'm going to try that bella band thing but I'm not sure it will work because I'm quite hippy and I hear it rolls easily for women with my body shape. Pokey, thanks for the pants offer and if I were 5 inches shorter I would totally take you up on that! (I'm 5' 8") DW and I are taking a vacation in a few weeks and I want to be able to be comfortable going out for dinner and stuff. I think I'm going to just see what the stores have for me at a decent price, maybe I can pick up a few basic pieces that will work for now and later without going overboard so that I can still feel good on our trip. 

Also, fantastic news that I just have to share - DW has been offered and accepted a teaching position back where we want to be living and raising our family! We already own a house there so we just have to notify our tenants and hopefully get my dad to help us make a few improvements before we move back in this summer. OMG I am so relieved to know we are leaving this place and will be settled back where we want to be before this baby arrives. Of course it means I'll be switching doctors/midwives about halfway through my pregnancy, but we'll make it work!

Oh WOW great news! Do you mind telling us what city/region you'll be moving back to?

And what size are you? I'm an XL and have a bin full of maternity clothes. PM me if you're interested or want details; I'd be happy to send them to you if they'd work.  (This goes for anyone else, too, if Sphinxy passes). 

Welcome to Erin, too!

Here's a pic of the "Snow Mommy" that the girls made while I was on campus for 14 hours for an out-of-town speaker on Tuesday. 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:33 PM

Omom, I hope you get more sleep tonight. It's funny, I never got the hang of padded slings.

AmandaHope, the snow mommy is great.

Lise, 5 weeks? Wow! We're totally not going to make it up there to visit before they're born. How do you keep yourself busy?

Planet, the promised video. Sorry I say "um" so much. It might be easier to watch if you make it into a drinking game.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:51 PM

Thanks for the video, seraf! I'll watch it as soon as I don't have a sleeping baby on me!

Wylie had his first head bonk today..it was awful. He rolled off the couch. I guess he can sit up now. He was propped up against the back of the couch, snuggles in with pillows, while i put on his booties and got him ready to go outside. I turned my back for just a moment to grab his hat, and in that time he somehow moved in a way I've never seen him be able to move and launched himself to the edge of the couch and I was just a second too late and he fell off. His body landed on my slippers and hislittle head hit the hardwood floor. greensad.gif He cried and cried, i cried and held him eng soothed him

Queer parent on the adventure of a lifetime raising my sweet little guy, born at home in September 2012, with the love of my life by my side!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:56 PM

Oops. he only cried for a few minutes, then i nursed him and we went on our walk. He was totally himself all day, smiling and laughing. I took him to the doctor just to be sure he is okay and they said he's fine. Thank goodness. I've been crying at random moments all day long. Felt like the worst mama in the world in that moment. :-( but he's fine! Just needed to share. Hopefully I'll eventually get over the trauma of seeing my little baby fall and hit his head! He's only 5 months old.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:15 PM

Ouch, planet. But it sounds like he's fine...don't beat yourself up about it :) Exciting that he's getting so mobile...your life will soon change yet again ;)

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 03-01-2013, 07:33 AM

Planet, all my kids first demonstrated mobility from the couch. Soren's was just like you described, propped way back against cushions and more than his body length from the edge. I'm glad he's ok, not that I would expect otherwise.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:27 AM

Planet, the first injuries are the worst! I accidentally closed Ocean's finger in a kitchen drawer when she was five or six months. She cried uncontrollably, and I seriously felt like dying. It makes me feel bad even remembering it now.

Hi everyone else! Just a drive-by posting. 31 weeks. Feeling lots of what I think are Braxton-Hicks. Feeling okay otherwise, though I was at a workshop with an OB I know last night and she totally freaked me out by saying, "Only 31 weeks? You're carrying so low! I bet you go into labor soon!" Um, thanks for that stresser... Shower this afternoon from my work colleagues, then shower at our house tomorrow with non-work friends. Lots of fun!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Old 03-01-2013, 09:09 AM

Hello

I am home after 2 weeks in the hospital.. Sadly the boys are still there but the dr does not expect them to be there very long (2-3 weeks) All babies are thriving and starting to eat and nurse.. 

I am pumping but not getting very much :( I just keep pumping is my motto.. The irony is before I had them  up to the day they were born I had NO intention of putting them to the breast.. but August took the lead and latched by himself when I was holding him.. and now it is the most amazing thing .. and I am determined to at least nurse them part time.. I am ok with them having formula as well.. but I love the bond we are creating when they actually nurse.. It is amazing how things change... 

DP is doing well.. she misses them when she is at work.. and def loves holding them.. I get to hold them every feeding.. but they were under the blue lights for jaundice so the time holding was limited.. It is hard because all you want to do is hold them but they need to get better so they can come home.. we hold them as much as we possibly can.. Yesterday Finn was off the billi lights so I got to do skin to skin with him for over an hour.. he was so content and as the nurse said.. blissed out.. he was awake and just looking at me for the 1st 30 minutes.. then I thought id see if he would nurse.. he of course latched right on and 10 min later was passed out.. It is so sweet!!!!!!!!!

I will try to post again soon.. my time is spent pumping and being at the nicu...

Congrats GRANITE!!!!!!!

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

Old 03-01-2013, 09:31 AM

bigfoot - yeah, I've done some looking online at gap and zulily. There is a gap with a maternity section at the mall near us, so I think we are going to drive down this weekend and start to take a look. I don't think there's an H&M around here. 

cordelia - Thank you! I'm so excited that I've started making a playlist of "home" themed songs. 

onemommy - I truly hope your DW is feeling better!

amanda - Thanks! I will PM you about the clothes. And whoops, I thought I mentioned locations - we are currently in North Jersey, which just does not fit us at all. We are moving home to Western Massachusetts. Love your pic of the snow mommy, and wow - our pups look kinda similar!

seraf - Hope everyone has recovered! Sounds like a very unpleasant evening. 

planet - Sounds like the fall might have been harder on you! :hugs:

cananny - I love reading your updates and I'm so happy for you all! Sounds like the boys are doing tremendously. 

afm, I continue to count my blessings every day that I am not feeling pukey or gagging. However, OMG the gas. I mean, the painful, unrelenting gas and burping is like nothing I've ever experienced before. It keeps me up at night and it's with me nearly all day. sick.gif

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:51 AM

Tigers - I can't believe an OB said that to you! Then again, I guess doctors have a real knack for saying stupid stuff.

Cananny - welcome home! It must be weird to be home w/o the boys. I hope it is a quick trip back and forth. They are so adorable. Can't wait for more pics. That is wonderful that they are latching on so soon! 

I am super excited about DW being able to feel the babies. Yesterday when she came home from work I rubbed her belly and said hello (not that they can hear me) she felt one move for like the 3rd time that day. I think feeling the movement is truly the only thing I will miss about not being pregnant, but it is pretty wonderful to hear about it anyway.

Me (37), DW (31), and our three sons: L, M & O eyesroll.gif twins.gif 
Old 03-01-2013, 11:19 AM

planet. . injuries are awful!  I never quite get used to them.  DS had a skull fracture when he was 6 months old and I swear I would cry every time he came near his head for a year. . it's terrifying

knitting.  holy crap how are you 31 weeks already. . ignore the OB, some people just carry low. . and some people drop weeks before they go into labor. and have fun at your showers

bigfoot.  yes the movement is the best isn't it and so cool when partners get to feel it too, it's like they get this connection to the baby in a different way.  

cananny.  sorry the boys are not home with you but glad they are doing well and latching on. . and wonderful you are enjoying the BFing, it's amazing isn't it?

Old 03-01-2013, 11:38 AM

Thinking about breastfeeding multiples... I came across this blog awhile back and can't remember if either of us ever posted it, but this mom seems to have had a lot of success breastfeeding triplets: http://tubelessinseattle.blogspot.com/

I know it has given me hope that DW can do well with the twins. I'm still considering inducing lactation in case we have any supply issues, but feel a little overwhelmed with where/when to start. I guess I need to e-mail my doctor and see if there is someone at my clinic that has helped anyone w/ it before.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:41 PM

Cananny, so exciting to hear the boys are starting to nurse - great news!

eep, Sphinxy. That should taper off soon hopefully...is it worse depending on what you eat?

Afm: I'm just over 17 weeks now. I don't really have much to update. I'm still feeling lots of wiggles on and off but will definitely feel more secure with more consistent movement. I'm feeling good overall. My energy is even slightly better but I still go to bed with DD around 8. She woke with a fever last night and still sick this morning so I'm home from work with her - she just threw up too. She wasn't sick very often at all in her first 3 years but she seems to be making up for it in the past 3 months! Hopefully this is like the others and goes quickly in a day or two. We're still busy packing and moving stuff to the house - it's starting to look like we're moving which is exciting and a bit sad...mostly exciting! I'm looking forward to getting set up and somewhat settled before baby arrives.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 03-01-2013, 01:28 PM

Knitting: Enjoy the shower! (and eyeroll to the OB--sheesh!)

Planet: So sorry about the head bonk. I understand how it feels terrible.  Glad he's fine. And now you've gotten through an always-unpleasant milestone...

Cananny: SO GLAD you are getting to enjoy skin to skin and nursing time.  Lilah is 19 months, and we both get totally blissed out when she nurses, staring up at me with those deep brown eyes.  It is just the most amazing thing in the whole wide world. 

Bigfoot: I think that Kellymom.com has good info on inducing lactation. Try LLL, too.  There are detailed protocols out there that might make it less overwhelming.  With twins, it would be such a gift!

Sphinxy: Let me look through my stash and see if anything looks right for you (in terms of size/style).  All the maternity stuff on Zulilly is so girly!! So sorry about the gas.  UGH. But YAY for movement! Hope you can feel some from the outside soon.

Carmen: Sorry DD is sick! Glad your energy is improving a bit, though.

AFU: Countdown to nightweaning... 7 days until we start.  I'm dreading it but am also cautiously hopeful that we might all eventually get more sleep this way.  I'm just going to enjoy letting her nurse all night if she wants for the next week. 

Old 03-01-2013, 04:58 PM

Bigfoot~~I can tell you the sex of baby A there if you want to know! :) Okay, I just read on another post that I must have skipped that you do want to find out, so anyhow Baby A is a *Girl stork-girl.gif* I am not sure about baby B, pic isn't the clearest. There is a "Nub" therory that proves to be about 94% accurate between 11-13.6 weeks, the further along the more accurate. I have learned so much about it and it is very intresting and pretty cool :) Go to www.Ingender.com and to Gender Prediction, then to Ultrasound section. They have U/S techs who will tell you by these ultrasounds. And by knowing what I learned there, I guessed my DD and my DS both correctly myself! :)

Cananny~CONGRATS!! The boys are just as adorable as can be!! I am glad the c-sec wasn't as scary as you anticipated!! Hope they all get strong and big enough to get to go home asap!! :)

We are 22w 4 days now....Time seems to be flying which is great! Growth ultrasound in 11 days then U/s every 4 weeks since she is high risk...LOVE our doctors this time around, could not be any happier with who we chose!! (Which was just on a quick whim to get her seen asap when we got a + test!!) Totally in awe over this practice!

Also, is there a FB group or do you all just add each other on FB? I'd like to either jon or add whoever would like to be added on my page!! :~) Let me know by PM if you want to, and send me your info so I can send a request?

Hope everyone else is doing well....

rainbow1284.gifApril & Jenn--Mommy & Mama To Three Kiddos, DS-17 jammin.gif DS-14 wild.gif & DD-12 hearts.gif Rest in Peace sweet Elliana, our DD who was stillborn 10-1-11. You will forever be our Sunshine coolshine.gif Cautiously anticipating our rainbow baby on the 4th of July!! rainbow1284.gif

Old 03-01-2013, 05:52 PM

CaNanny, it's so awesome that they're latching already! I'm glad you love nursing. I think mixed feedings is a great goal.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:54 PM

Whoa, Tourney... that is super interesting! How can you tell the parts are just not in focus? They looked at both babies' bladders and we tried to figure out if there was anything there. I thought I saw more of something on A than B, but I couldn't see anything obvious. We saw a video of a 12 week ultrasound where it was distinctly a boy. Who knows. We will have more information soon.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:44 PM

Bigfoot~Thanks for the link!! :) As far as the baby gender thing, it also has to do with the spine curve/skull shape and stuff. If the angle of the spine is 30* one way or the other, it tells you right there but the baby has to be in perfect position to get accurate spine measurements! If you look at your top u/s picture, down to the right lower and center, you see the straight solid dark white line? That indicates girl b/c of the line and the way it lays ;) Boys point upwards 30* or more angled. Hard to explain. I will have to put pics on here to kind of show the difference instead of explaining...As far as the u/s video that you mentioned seeing distinct boy at 12 weeks, I wouldn't trust them totally. Until after week 14, boys and girls can look almost identical. Girl bits are swollen and can appear as a penis/scrotum when in fact it is just swollen girl labia/clitoris. After week 14 the swelling goes down and it starts to become much easier to distinguish the two! Boys can have 3 lines (They usually say if you see 3 lines=girl) but usually with boys the middle line is almost always longer than the other two lines, whereas a girl, all 3 lines are fairly even....

rainbow1284.gifApril & Jenn--Mommy & Mama To Three Kiddos, DS-17 jammin.gif DS-14 wild.gif & DD-12 hearts.gif Rest in Peace sweet Elliana, our DD who was stillborn 10-1-11. You will forever be our Sunshine coolshine.gif Cautiously anticipating our rainbow baby on the 4th of July!! rainbow1284.gif

Old 03-02-2013, 05:48 AM

tourney mom, that is so interesting!  and also btw I keep thinking that I never responded to your thread of KD name, didn't know if it was in this link or another but thanks for sharing your story and I am sorry for your poppy.  And am interested in what you come up with for names.   

bigfoot. . thanks for the link to the FB group, I want to join it too!  

Old 03-02-2013, 10:12 AM

Thank you all of you who said kind things re: Wylie's first little accident. I appreciate hearing that I'm not the only one! I am still recovering. As one of you said above, it was most definitely harder on me than on him!

Cananny, thinking of you so much! You are doing an awesome job. I am so excited for you to be home with them soon! Thank goodness they are doing well. Hugs to you during this challenging time.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:33 AM

Ok people, please talk to me about your experiences with sciatic pain and what in the name of all that is holy that I can do about it. 

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:40 PM

Thank you so much Cordelia!! ((Hugs)) As far as KD names, we are still stuck as of now...KD thought up one really cute one, in a different language but it has Papa for the first part of it and we were kinda trying avoid that. We all (My wife and myself along with the older teen kids) call him "Papa Bear" a lot and when we had a memorial walk for our DD's stillbirth, we had t-shirts made up and mine & Aprils said "Mom" on them and his said "Papa Bear" But anyhow, I dunno something will come along I am sure!! I just definetly cannot get past the "uncle" thing...Anyway, if this is the hardest part about having the baby then I am blessed because it is a minor issue, lol

Old 03-02-2013, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks, all, for the warm welcome! And I'm glad that more of you will be part of the FB group too.

mrsandmrs, I don't think repeat betas are standard practice in our health care system here... But I'm going in to the clinic for an ultrasound at 7 weeks, which is pretty soon! Thanks for using your "red rover" magic to call me over to QP&P so quickly!

And to you as well as bigfoot, hurrah for a great ultrasound! Thanks for sharing the pics.

cananny, I'm in awe, like others have said... Look at those babies! You're incredible! Congrats to you and your DP.

Planet, I like what you wrote about being glad you and DP took leave together even though it is a financial burden. I'm hoping my DP can arrange vacation time for our kid's first month or two, so that we can get used to our new family arrangement. Glad to hear the new childcare is working out! Sorry to hear of the head bonk.

Welcome back, Erin! I remember when you got your BFP! You and easttowest too, and all that early, early testing... LOL...

That's so great that your boss is going to be having a baby too, easttowest: I hope you're right, and it leads to family-friendly changes in your workplace.,

Hi Pokey! I'm feeling pretty good, thanks for asking! And totally stoked about being pregnant, which buoys me through the moments when I'm otherwise overwhelmed or tired. I'm sorry to hear your vacation's been delayed... I'm sending placenta-moving vibes from up here in Canada...

Sphinxy, I'm sorry to hear you're suffering... Unfortunately, I don't know anything about sciatic pain. Hopefully someone here does. Congrats on the upcoming move!

Good luck with your immediate moving, seraf... Hope the kids are feeling better!

And AmandaHope, I know just what you mean... I'm so used to the slower pace of life on the QC forum, this place is crazy by comparison! It *is* hard to keep up!

AFM: As I mentioned above, my clinic is having us in on March 19th for a 7 week (approx...?) ultrasound... And that also happens to be our 2nd wedding anniversary, so FX we see a good strong heartbeat. Other than that, I've been working very long shifts that go from afternoon to early morning, and it's impossible to know if it's that or pregnancy that's making me tired, emotional, achy, nauseous, and forgetful!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
Old 03-02-2013, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

sphinxy- I have never had sciatica as far as I know, but yoga might help.  I would also recommend chiropractic.  My chiro specializes in the Webster Technique, it's all about pregnant women and keeping your pelvis and everything in line so you feel better and have a better delivery.  DW recommends ice and lying on your side with a pillow between your legs.  I hope you feel better soon.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Tags
Pregnancy , Pregnancy Birth Books , Pregnancy Week By Week , Pregnancy Wishes Ivf Dreams A Story Lessons About Life Love Infertility
User Tag List