Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting--February and March 2013! - Page 16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#451 of 539 Old 03-18-2013, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Huh, Seraf. Food for thought. I do not want to deliver twins in a hotel or on the sidewalk or in the lobby of the ER. I also do not want to spend hours laboring in the hospital, getting poked and prodded and fighting off interventions. I guess we'll have to play it by ear, and see how things feel when the time comes.

I went back to work today after working from home for most of last week (spring break). Kind of sucked. My goal is to make it through the end of next week, and then transition to working from home til the babies come. Hoping I last that long. By the end of today my feet and ankles were huge, and I felt totally wiped. Not good. My gigantic Crocs (bought two sizes large just for this pregnancy) weren't fitting by mid-day. Yikes.

Carmen, we had to take DD to our first scan this time around (during which I was terrified of seeing an empty sac). We broke with our normal parenting protocol and let her watch a PBS show on my phone, wearing headphones. She didn't even notice the scan, or DP practically passing out when the doctor said "twins!". Whatever you do, I hope it goes well, and that there's good news!

Escher, thinking of you and your beta. Fingers crossed!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#452 of 539 Old 03-19-2013, 07:23 AM

Thanks for the feedback. The place we are going for the scan is an ultrasound/xray lab - not in a hospital. It's a private place and they don't really have nurses hanging about like they do at hospitals....but I suppose if I completely freaked out someone would indeed help me. 

I hadn't thought of the iphone thing - I don't have an iphone but I do have an ipad (aka icrack for kids) so that could work if she's bored - but luckily she doesn't usually get bored.

I'm feeling better about taking her.

Good luck, escher!!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#453 of 539 Old 03-19-2013, 10:13 AM

Seraf: It doesn't surprise me that Shay is into everything, but Soren is already a whirlwind of destruction? I'm impressed! He is an advanced baby.

KnittingTigers: Good luck with your last weeks of work! It's impressive that your DD was so engrossed she didn't even notice the scan even with a big reaction from your DP.

Carmen: I'm glad you're feeling better about taking your DD to the scan. It's nice to have the option of iCrack in case it is needed!

AFM: Thanks for the crossed fingers. orngbiggrin.gif Beta fine (29 hour doubling). Progesterone still on the lower side (it was 14.6 at 12dpo and 13.6 at 15dpo), but supposedly maybe that is ok for an unmedicated cycle (any thoughts on that?). Next beta tomorrow.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#454 of 539 Old 03-19-2013, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hurrah for great beta, escher! I don't know anything about progesterone levels differing between medicated/non-medicated cycles, but hopefully someone else here does!

I'm glad you're feeling better about taking DD to the u/s with you, carmen... FX for a good scan.

Wow, Knitting, when even extra-large crocs don't fit, that's some swelling! Nice to know that I'm not the only one devouring bagels w/cream cheese, too... I'm jealous of your good authentic ones, they are just really hard to find in my city. I guess I should look near the synagogue too!

Love your story about trying to tell how L's birth went, Amanda... LOL.

I'm so sorry, starling, about the adoption not working out. The system is just completely messed up, and so obviously not in the best interests of the child. Hugs to you.

PrettyIsa, thanks for the explanation... I totally get the ICI followed by IVF plan, given those circumstances! No point in wasting those donor vials when you've got more effective options.

Wishin, you're the second person recently to talk up hypnobirthing classes, and I'm looking into it now... Especially because I want my DP as the NGP to feel like she can provide meaningful support to me during the birthing process.

AFM: Today was our 7 week ultrasound and it was amazing! The little bean is measuring perfectly, as is the yolk sac! And we got to hear the heartbeat! I am so full of exclamation points right now! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

DP was able to come along to the clinic, which made it all the more special... It's our second wedding anniversary today, and this was the perfect gift. I called my assorted parents and siblings afterwards, and they are all so thrilled too... And a little surprised, because I'd stopped updating them on baby-making plans a few months back, when we kept encountering delays.

Now tomorrow I've got to tell my boss, which I'm not exactly looking forward to, but can't be put off due to safety concerns at our work sites. As I'm one of only two women tradespeople in the whole local branch of the company, and I know there haven't been very many before me, I'm doubting they'll have much protocol to fall back on for how to accommodate pregnancy in the workplace! Which will be extra fun... As will, I'm sure, the comments I'm expecting from the more ignorant of my co-workers, who will likely be confused: These are the ones who don't seem to understand how a woman can be an electrician, and I've not got high hopes for how they'll deal with a dyke being knocked up. 

I'm so happy! joy.gif

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#455 of 539 Old 03-19-2013, 07:54 PM

Carmen, iCrack, yes indeed. Our ultrasounds were all in the doctor's office so there were oodles of nurses.

Knitting, I met a twin mom recently whose babies were born at 4 and 6 pounds at 32 weeks! And only one of them had to spend a single night in the NICU. I thought about how you're already past there and how great that is for your babies. Is your DD crazy excited?

Escher, Soren gets around slowly, so Shay pulls stuff out and Soren shreds it before i get it picked up. He also loves to pull everything out of the cupboards.

Granite, I wouldn't know the pregnant electrician protocol, either. Good luck figuring that one out.

We moved our last load tonight. Tomorrow we unpack.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#456 of 539 Old 03-19-2013, 09:06 PM

Congrats on the doubling beta, escher joy.gif I'm not sure about progesterone...I opted not to have mine tested this time around and didn't use any extra. Do you trust your care provider to know when to supplement?

Great news, granite!! I'm so happy everything went well today smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post

We moved our last load tonight. Tomorrow we unpack.

Jealous! I am excited to finally unpack...we're only going to unpack partially until we're completely moved in.

#457 of 539 Old 03-20-2013, 06:27 AM

Seraf--congratulations on getting everything moved and good luck with the unpacking!

Escher--yay for doubling!

Granite--good luck today! 

Carmen--our DS goes with us to many midwife appointments and we've had good luck giving him a lollipop for the appointment (it's SUCH a rare treat that he is quiet, focused and very, very slow in his consumption of the lollipop).  But, for ultrasounds they don't allow siblings so we actually ended up getting a babysitter for those (we saw one family in the waiting area that didn't know, so the partner and toddler were stuck in the waiting room and the birthing parent had to go back for the ultrasound alone...I felt so bad for them).  

And, as to Seraf's question...with DS's communication (he has an articulation disorder).  He's definitely made progress--now it's more like we live with a charming foreign exchange student with a VERY thick (and cute) accent as opposed to a martian who doesn't speak English.  He's going to need speech therapy for a long time, but we are grateful for the progress (especially since we understand him pretty well at this point...even tho' nobody else does!)

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#458 of 539 Old 03-20-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post

Knitting, I met a twin mom recently whose babies were born at 4 and 6 pounds at 32 weeks! And only one of them had to spend a single night in the NICU. I thought about how you're already past there and how great that is for your babies. Is your DD crazy excited?

Thank you. I really needed to read that today. Last night I started feeling really crampy and just kind of weird. Then DP said, OMG, I think the babies have dropped a little! I went to bed feeling full of panic that labor was imminent, and got a terrible night's sleep.

I'm feeling better now - cramping has stopped, and I feel more normal. I just don't feel ready to have these babies yet, but it's encouraging to hear that if they come now, things will likely be just fine.

I'm at work today, and my goal is to clean up my desk/office so that everyone is in order if I end up on leave sooner than expected. Like, today. I am planning to take lots of breaks and put my feet up. Small goals...

#459 of 539 Old 03-20-2013, 08:19 AM

Wishin, yay for more understandable speach! Its great that ots goig so well. Where does his accent sound like he's from? O sounded like he was from boston for years. Yesterday we hung out with a girl Shay's age who spoke in phrases. Like, I could understand her. And Shay was all, ooo and eee and screeches. At least he is good with signs.

Tiger, that does sound scary. There are so many GI illnesses going around right now, I hope you skip them as well as preterm labor. Did you get the shot that matures their lungs? I think I spent a month treating every work day like it would be my last.

Carmen, how moved are you so far? This was my loving room at 10 o'clock last night. We had to unbury the table to feed the kids breakfast this morning.

#460 of 539 Old 03-20-2013, 08:34 AM

No, I haven't gotten the shot. I see my midwife tomorrow and I'll ask her about it. Until now, I've had no signs of PTL, so it hasn't been on the table.

Cleaning my office sucks. Hats off to those of you who are moving right now.

#461 of 539 Old 03-20-2013, 10:13 AM

Good to hear your DS is able to communication more, wishin. That must be much less frustrating for everyone. Thanks for the lollipop idea ;) I'm not worried at all about DD being bored or "disruptive" I'm just worried about receiving bad news and how my reaction will affect her. I guess I should call to see if she's even allowed to come! I had the same scan at the same place with DD and I have to go in first while they do most measurements (I don't even get to see) and then my DP was allowed to come in after.

Oh my, knitting! I'm glad the cramping has stopped. Take it easy!

Your place looks a bit busier than ours does, seraf lol I'd say we've moved about 65% of boxes and 15% of furniture. The house is partially furnished so we're just going to use the kitchen stuff/kitchen table and chairs and bed that's there until we actually sell our place. We're planning on staying there for the weekends for open houses...hopefully there isn't more than one but the market has slowed here so who knows. If it takes longer than expected we'll just move out and get settled...I really don't want to live in a "show home" for weeks on end...the idea stresses me out!!

#462 of 539 Old 03-20-2013, 10:54 AM

Carmen, I can't imagine trying to live in a show home!!! We also have twice as many people, so busy is just life around here.

#463 of 539 Old 03-20-2013, 12:44 PM

Granite: Hooray for a good ultrasound! Isn't the heartbeat an amazing sound? What a good anniversary present. How did telling your boss go?

Seraf: It sounds like Shay and Soren have a good destruction business going on. You could hire them out (maybe to pregnant people who wanted to test their childproofing? Or to people who feel like they have too many possessions and would like to minimize their belongings?) and Shay could pull stuff out and Soren could shred it. Congratulations on moving your last load!

Carmen: Our RE tends to believe that supplementing with progesterone is a good idea for most people. When we insemmed this cycle, the RE asked if we wanted to do progesterone supplementation and we said no since my wife's levels have been fine in the past. So I don't know if the RE would recommend progesterone again or if she has decided that we're never interested. Anyway, looking online it seems like in first trimester anything over 10 is fine, so maybe we don't need to worry about it. I don't know.

Wishin: The lollipop trick sounds smart. I'm glad that your son's speech is getting easier to understand.

Knitting: That sounds scary! Good luck with cleaning up your desk (and with keeping the babies inside for a while longer!).

Nothing to report here. We'll get the results from the third beta in a few hours, and if those look good we'll probably be asked to come in for an ultrasound next week. It still doesn't feel real at all, but we're excited when we think about it! We've been reading What Makes a Baby to our son a lot recently.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#464 of 539 Old 03-20-2013, 10:54 PM

oh man, reading about all this moving is making me exhausted. i hate moving so much. i think it's all the cleaning, sorting and organizing that wears me down. oh, and carrying infinite boxes. ((shudder)) i hope you all have fun making your new homes nice & cozy, though. 

starling, i'm sorry to hear about the problems with that adoption. the foster and adoption system can be such a harrowing experience for parents and kids. hug2.gif

tiger - i can't believe you're getting so close... and i REALLY can't believe the thing about the crocs. i hope it's not too hot where you are yet. i am apprehensive about my giant pregnant summer. laboring at the hotel jacuzzi sounds pretty awesome! 

carmen - good luck at your ultrasound. i am sure everything will be great! 

joy.gifenergy.gifjoy.gif

granite! i am so excited about the little bean's heartbeat! congrats! 

joy.gifenergy.gifjoy.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

and here's a veggie parade for the new BFP's coming over from QC

AFU - well, my wife is working too much overtime, but everything else is going well. i'm feeling very "second trimester-y" - hungry, not nauseous, eating things besides bagels, peeing constantly, great energy, etc. it is pretty spectacular and i hope it sticks around. we have an OB appointment on friday and i am looking forward to hearing heartbeats or getting an ultrasound so i know everything is OK. I feel their movement regularly, but I am still anxious about everything going well. i guess that feeling will never go away. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#465 of 539 Old 03-21-2013, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
AHope—oh, no! I am looking forward to Edie learning to talk, but it’ll be sad when she decides she wants to leave and can express it in real words. She’s gotten quite good at screaming for different snacks (cheerios! No—cheese! NO CHEESE! Cheerios! Etc). I expect screaming for different people is less cute.

Knitting—ugh. I’m sorry about your feet—I would just not take off my shoes at all when they started swelling like that. And it’s totally the wrong season for flipflops. But this week is almost over, so not long to go before you can stay in slippers all day!

Escher—glad to hear about the good beta! Hoping you get another one today!

Granite—how did telling your boss go? And I hope your colleagues are able to not say anything too terribly stupid to you. I keep hoping that some day soon television will just answer these questions for us and that everyone will just go, ‘oh, like on X show?’ and we’ll say, ‘yes.’ And be done with it.

Seraf—how’s the unpacking going? I can’t imagine trying to move with kids this age. Though I guess the boys will probably be ace unpackers…

Wishin—glad it’s going well. Your description of a tiny, charming exchange student is so adorable.

Carmen—definitely crossing my fingers for you that one weekend is all it takes. It’ll probably feel so great to be able to settle in to your new place for good!

Mrs—Yay for second tri! You sound like you’re in a really great place!

AFM—last night our tenants must have been throwing a party around 3am (not unlikely, since one of them works at a bar) because Edie was up at 3:30 for a few minutes, then 4-4:30, then up for real (and angry) at 5. Nothing made her happy except standing up at our headboard and dancing. Which is cute. Unless it’s 5:15 and all you want to do is get some sleep! Any attempts to restrain her led to sustained screaming. –sigh- I’ve also been feeling weirdly jealous of a friend who just had a beautiful baby girl. I’m glad we’ve got a plan to start on the next baby, but I’m surprised how envious I am of their family for some reason. Hopefully it’s passing—I feel like a jerk about it.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#466 of 539 Old 03-21-2013, 09:03 AM

Hi All,

MrsandMrs: I'm glad that you're feeling second-trimestery. I think second trimester can be such a fun time. I definitely understand still liking the reassurance of the doppler/ultrasound. I hope your appointment on Friday goes well!

Isa: I'm sorry about the tough sleep last night. Dancing is adorable, but definitely not so much in the middle of the night. I sometimes feel envious of other people with new babies too. I sort of hope that it is just a sign that we're not done having babies yet, and that I won't feel it as strongly once we've had all our kids.

Question for folks who have/had toddlers: What are your tricks and tips for reducing toddler frustration? It seems like it is hard to be 16 months old and to have lot of strong opinions.

AFM: I am very, very grateful for this little embryo, but I detest the "waiting to know" part of early pregnancy. Our third beta yesterday (17dpo) was 441, which is a doubling time of 61 hours from the second beta (as compared to a doubling time of 29 hours between the first and second betas). From what we have read, that seems like "maybe it's fine, maybe it's not" doubling. So we have another beta tomorrow.

#467 of 539 Old 03-21-2013, 10:54 AM

escher, I think I've read that doubling times can be ok within 72 hours....you've probably read the same things. Hang in there, it's more likely than not that things are just fine. Wen do u have an u/s booked? As for toddler frustration....I think acknowledging and naming emotions at this times is important. Just being with them and encouraging and comforting goes a long way imho. Are there certain things or circumstances that trigger it? Things that can perhaps be changed or modified to lessen the frustration without "fixing" everything?

Afm, I called u/s lab and they said it's better to bring someone to be with DD but if not, "can your child sit still?" Lol I said yes, she can, so she said it will be fine

Oh, and funny story, I went to pick up the maternity compression hose that my m/w gave me a prescription for (over 100 bucks!! Counting on my extended med insurance to pay!!)....I thought I'd just pick some out and go but suddenly I was being ushered into a back closed door room in the pharmacy and was being asked to take my pants off. It was a bit surprising lol I totally would have shaved my legs that morning had I known someone would be on their knees in front of me measuring all parts of my legs smile.gif

#468 of 539 Old 03-21-2013, 12:51 PM

LOL, carmen! Unexpected leg reveal! That's awesome. I hope the compression hose work well for you... I can't believe how expensive they are! Today I was getting some testing done at a private lab, and there was a toddler there, which made me think of your situation with DD... This young fellow was doing great, though more occupied by staring at the other clients than by his electronic device. I'm glad your DD can sit still.

FX for you, escher... I don't have much knowledge of doubling betas, because as far as I know here in Canada they aren't done very often, but I am so full of hope for you and your family. 

Ouch, Isa, too early for dancing!

Hurrah for second tri, mrsandmrs! It's so great that you're feeling the twins moving around too, though I understand your looking forward to the appt tomorrow. How often is your OB doing ultrasounds?

Good luck with the unpacking, seraf! How absolutely exhausting it all sounds, especially with your little ones getting into everything.

Thanks for all the well-wishes, everyone: Telling my boss went really well! He'd actually told me last week that he and his wife had had "an appointment at a fertility clinic" and that she has PCOS (and I'd responded with a general mumble of concern, not knowing how to avoid blurting out "ME TOO!!!")... So I knew that he may at least be sympathetic to my situation. He was great! And he was especially grateful to hear that I overcame the PCOS issues, and that I recommend the doctor highly (there's only one fertility clinic, with one doc, around here)... Of course, then he wanted to know how long I thought it'd take him and his wife to get pregnant, and all I could say was that there were too many variables. But anyway, I feel a million times better now that he knows.

My boss also said that he has absolutely no idea how the company deals with pregnant tradespeople, but he'll try to find some guidelines. I've got my first midwife appointment next week, and am hoping she'll have some ideas too... All the pregnancy books I've found seem to be written for people with desk jobs! What I need is practical information for what I can expect to safely do as my pregnancy progresses. Do any of you know anything along those lines?

#469 of 539 Old 03-21-2013, 01:01 PM

Hey y'all,

I haven't been around these parts in a long, looong time - I have been TTC *forever* and I really needed to take a break from online discussions - but I'm happy to say I got a BFP this week and I'm excited to get caught up here! I'm glad to recognize some familiar names from back in the day!

My EDD is 11/30/13.. This LO will be almost exactly 4 years younger than my son.

Escher, my midwife recommended a natural progesterone supplement - pills you crack in your teeth and then let dissolve under your tongue for a little bit before swallowing. It's called ProgonB - I got it from Amazon - and my 21 day progesterone definitely responded to it. You might want to check it out.

Glad to be back!!

mama to Hank - 12/09/09

#470 of 539 Old 03-21-2013, 03:44 PM

Isa, that's too early! We had our first brush with a night terror last night, if that makes you feel any better about dancing.

Carmen, lol.

Mrs, yay for second trimester.

Escher, I'm sorry you didn't get a clear quick doubling time. Toddlers, there are so many things to be frustrated with. Rules, physical limitations and communication challenges are the big ones for us right now. Rules, normally we try to keep them in a yes environment as much as possible. S is kind of aggressive lately and I frequently have to stop him from hitting someone. Usually just, "ouch, hitting hurts! Gentle touches. If you need to hit, hit this pillow/whatever." Or he wants someone to take him for a bike ride All The Time. He touches the bike, points at the door and says, "Eee! (Please!)" I usually confirm my understanding of his desire and tell him when we will do it next. Communication, we work on words and signs a lot. I am ok with this one, I've worked with aphasiacs for a long time and I'm pretty strong on yes/no questions to get to the problem. "Are you hurt? Excited? Hungry? You want something? Is it inside? The living room? Kitchen? Bedroom? Do you hear something? An airplane?" Even tho he says no more than he means, I can usually tell by his expression. Obviously having him in such a no house is not making his frustration any less right now.

We got our official neighborhood welcome today. Someone broke into the house and took electronics and most of Sara's camera stuff. And the spare house and car keys. Trying to get that all sorted now.

#471 of 539 Old 03-21-2013, 03:56 PM

Oh wow, seraf, I'm so sorry! What an awful event at your return to the big city!!! Do you have insurance to cover replacing any of it? greensad.gif

Welcome, babyfatty! I've also got a November '13 EDD, though mine's at the start of the month. Congrats on your BFP!

#472 of 539 Old 03-21-2013, 05:01 PM

Granite, yeah. It's just one of those things where it's all a pain in the butt. Re-keyed the house locks but we aren't sure what to do about the car.

#473 of 539 Old 03-21-2013, 05:50 PM

So sorry, seraf!  When we got our house broken into, it felt like such a violation, which sucked more than the stuff that got stolen.  Although the stuff that got stolen sucked, too.  Hurts to even think about it now, I'm sure you're still in the middle of the sucking part.  Sorry again, and hope it gets worked out soon.

Hi everyone else!  Glad to see so many new people.

AFU, I just realized we're exactly 2/3 of the way through today!  We've both been unbelievably busy, but we have a three-day vacation planned next week and can't wait.  It's also Passover and Easter, so happy holidays to everyone who might be celebrating those!  And then we start in on a four-week child birth class, another hospital tour, and... well, everything is coming up very quickly!  I think we're putting together the nursery next week, although baby will probably be in our room for several months anyway.  But it's nice to have a place to put his things.

#474 of 539 Old 03-21-2013, 07:25 PM

Seraf--just a drive by to say "how sucky".  Sorry your house got broken into...that sucks.

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#475 of 539 Old 03-21-2013, 07:57 PM

Seraf, that totally sucks!!! I'm so sorry to hear about the break in. greensad.gif I felt super creeped out when my house was broken into a few years ago. How are you guys feeling? Ugh, it just sucks so much! Hugs to you guys.

Queer parent on the adventure of a lifetime raising my sweet little guy, born at home in September 2012, with the love of my life by my side!
#476 of 539 Old 03-21-2013, 08:05 PM

Welcome back, baby.fatty! I remember you :) Congratulations!!

Oh no, seraf! That terrible :( I agree that it's a terrible welcome back to the big city. Big hugs to all of you.

#477 of 539 Old 03-22-2013, 07:23 AM

Seraf, that sucks. I am so sorry. Hope you guys are able to replace both your stuff and your feeling of security.

Baby.Fatty, welcome back and congratulations! I remember when you were here before (I used to post as AngelaM). I also have a 4 year old, and am expecting twins(!?!) sometime in the next month.

easttowest, I cannot believe you guys are 2/3 of the way through! Congrats, and enjoy your three day holiday!

Granite, I'm really glad that your boss reacted well. I don't have much experience with safety issues around trades work, but I hope that you find the resources you need. And, I'm psyched that you're blazing a trail in this field for other preggos!

AFM, had my 34 week appointment yesterday. Babies seem fine, my blood pressure is still nice and low, everything is looking good. My midwife said the cramping was normal at this point, and not to worry about it. I'm one centimeter dilated, which she also said was normal, and was not a sign of impending labor. So, fingers crossed to bake them a bit longer!

#478 of 539 Old 03-22-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granite View Post

My boss also said that he has absolutely no idea how the company deals with pregnant tradespeople, but he'll try to find some guidelines. I've got my first midwife appointment next week, and am hoping she'll have some ideas too... All the pregnancy books I've found seem to be written for people with desk jobs! What I need is practical information for what I can expect to safely do as my pregnancy progresses. Do any of you know anything along those lines?

Starling may have some experience...I know she had to go off early on medical leave because of the type of work she does. Or you could call WCB and/or EI for info.

#479 of 539 Old 03-22-2013, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Oh Seraf, I'm so sorry. That sucks, for sure.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#480 of 539 Old 03-22-2013, 08:49 AM

Granite, I'm a nurse, totally female dominated field, there are certain drugs we couldn't touch while pregnant and certain illnesses we had to avoid but otherwise we were expected to perform as usual. Same universal precautions, same moving people heavier than myself around. We are expected to know how to do those things safely, so the risks aren't that much different when pregnant. What specific risks do you face and how to you lower risk to yourself not pregnant? One thing to be more careful of is pregnancy induced forgetfulness. Things are harder to remember with all the hormones. Double check your safety measures. Most of them you will do automatically, but check again to be sure. I'll ask my brother if he's ever worked with a prego or has any ideas.

Last night none of us had time to be anxious, the big kids were up all night barfing.

Tags
Pregnancy , Pregnancy Birth Books , Pregnancy Week By Week , Pregnancy Wishes Ivf Dreams A Story Lessons About Life Love Infertility

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page