Queer Conceptions: March 2013 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 328 Old 03-28-2013, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for all of your help wonderful ladies. I still have no AF or anything else..so I'm just waiting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPX2 View Post

DW found this on another forum today. I thought ya'll might like to see it too? It kind of blew my mind that at day 14 there is still only 74% accuracy!

HPT Accuracy Results Percentages: (Based on a 25mIU sensitive test)
10 dpo : 35%
11 dpo : 51%
12 dpo : 62%
13 dpo : 68%
14 dpo : 74%
15 dpo : 80%
16 dpo : 88%
17 dpo : 92%

Here's another good summary from FertilityFriend:

Average Day Past Ovulation (DPO) for the first positive pregnancy test: 13.6 DPO
Average DPO for the first "false" negative test result: 10.3 DPO
Percentage of pregnancy charts with a positive test at 10 DPO: 10%
Percentage of pregnancy charts which show negative results before a positive result: 17%
Average time between the expected period and the first positive pregnancy test: 0.5 days before the expected period.
Percentage of negative test results taken three days or more before the expected period day on non pregnant charts: 40.7%

...keeping hope alive thanks to KWPX. 74% (and nearly a fail lol) in mye book is a C. I'm more of a B+ - A+ kinda person!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#302 of 328 Old 03-28-2013, 08:08 PM

Twomommyfamily  -  Fingers crossed for you!  How are you feeling?  I'm sorry to hear about your dad.  <3

KWPX2 - Fingers crossed tightly!!!  I get the WORST uterine pain as soon as I trigger and it just gets worse after the IUI.  I feel for you sister!  I'm also sorry for your loss.  :-(

Lizbian - Between your tank and your health... you can't catch a break!  Also, I'm so happy to hear that your Aunt is supportive -- that is wonderful!!  It's still early for you, so I'm hopeful we'll get some good news out of you yet!

Friederike - It's not over until it's over!  I'll hold faith for you even though you're not feeling encouraged.

Fmorris28  - FMorris! You are killing me!  Your symptoms sound so promising!  I hope it's just that the digital isn't sensitive enough! I feel a BFP coming your way!

SanDiego78 - Those numbers look amazing!!! 

Darcy:  Sorry to hear you are on a break.  I had to do that last year in October and couldn't try again until February!  It's so frustrating!  I'm already almost out of funds and my account renews in January!  I took this past month off so that if I do get pregnant, I'll hopefully have the baby on NEXT year's FSA funds.  I so get your frustration and the money worries.

AMT: I know I already congratulated you elsewhere, but you need your parade over here:  

joy.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjoy.gif

joy.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjoy.gifCongratulations!!joy.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjoy.gif

joy.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjoy.gif

Escher:  I hope things are going well on your end.  How's DW feeling?  Since it's looking like April will be a slow month, I could probably thread keep if no one else is up for it.  I don't usually volunteer because I often struggle with the volume on the thread, but with this wonderful rash of BFP's, we seem to have cleared out the list a bit!  :-)  Can you move me to waiting to o'?    

AFM: I met with the doctor yesterday.  Firstly, my friend has been trying to get pregnant for 2 years with IUI's clomid, femera, triggers, etc.  Well, she is 5mos preggers with TWINS!  Anyway, she called on Tuesday to tell me the great news and to offer me her leftover meds.  She ended up getting pregnant on Gonal F and trigger.  So, I chatted with the doctor about that and we've decided to give Clomid another go this month, but doubling my dose from 50mg to 100mg.  Then, if that doesn't result in a BFP, they we may go for the Gonal F for the last vial of this year.

I hope I didn't miss anyone!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#303 of 328 Old 03-28-2013, 08:58 PM

JAJ- Thanks! Much luck to you this cycle. Upping the clomid sounds promising. Also, that is so cool that your friend is giving you her meds! Do you know how much gonal-F costs if you were to pay out of pocket?

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#304 of 328 Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 PM

Jenny-Thanks! I did 100 mg clomid. FX thats just what you need for your BFP!!

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#305 of 328 Old 03-29-2013, 12:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
SanDiego - those are great numbers! Congratulations!!!

Twomommy - so sorry about your dad.

Lizbian - its seems the courier service is learning a bit even though it still makes no sense whatsoever how complicated shipping an empty tank is. I might have missed it in your post, but when are you scheduling your IVF in Denmark in case this cycle didn't work? Are you taking a break beforehand or trying rigth away. Did you test yet?

Fmorris - how are you doing today?

Jenny - Sorry about the BFN. How nice of your friend to offer you her meds. Every little bit that cuts back costs helps during this process. Oh and, in case you're too busy to be threadkeeper, I could also do it. I am kinda relieved you're also trying next month.

afm - I didn't get AF yet, most likely due to the progesterone, but it feels like she's close. I tested for the third time this morning with a 10mlU sensitivity and it was BFN again. Stopping the meds now to move things along and start a new cycle. Insem day will probably be around 4/8. I did take it pretty hard this cycle, that's why I wasn't online as much here. Oh well. Up and onwards.

So I can be moved to waiting to O.

#306 of 328 Old 03-29-2013, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

Friederike: I'm sorry. hug.gif This process can be so ridiculous.

Jenny: I moved you! And thanks for volunteering to take the thread. It sounds like you have a good plan going forward.

Fmorris: Your chart still looks great! fingersx.gif Are you on progesterone? I can't remember.

KWPX2: Those are crazy statistics. Did you test today? fingersx.gif

Darcy: I don't know what finally worked when TTC our son. It feels like it just finally happened. We made changes every month (eliminating or adding something to my diet, fertility yoga, an air purifier, different monitoring, etc.), but I don't really think any specific thing we did made the difference. To me that is the most frustrating and insane part of trying to conceive, that you can do everything right and not get pregnant or mess up all sorts of things and still end up with a baby. I'm sorry you're dealing with that right now.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#307 of 328 Old 03-29-2013, 07:53 AM

escher:  No problem on taking the thread!  When do you want me to open up the April thread?

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#308 of 328 Old 03-29-2013, 08:23 AM

Escher- just for fun I did POAS last night. In wanting to stay positive my report is that I am not yet testing positive. I am having more queasiness amd FF says I now have over 40
preggy points. Im planning to test FMU tomorrow or Sun. In the mean time DW and I are working on keeping a positive attitude.

rainbow1284.gifMe-F-42 + stillheart.gif Wife-31 +chicken3.gif +dog2.gif X 3 + cat.gif X2

#309 of 328 Old 03-29-2013, 10:09 AM

fmorris, twomommy, liz, kwpx2 - good luck to you all!

jenny - good luck this cycle w/ the higher clomid dose

friederike - I hope you're doing ok, and keep on trying - best of luck for next try.  what meds, if any, are you going to use?

darcy - I hope you're doing ok as well, breaks are good...we took a couple breaks in this process to re-group emotionally & financially.  Our protocol for this past cycle was: 75mg of Menogon (international Menopur) + 150mg of Follistim...both are daily injectables you begin on cd3.  We had a couple ultrasounds for monitoring along the way. We did injectables until cd12 or so, and then triggered...we did back to back IUIs (a first for us) at 24 hrs post trigger and 48 hours post trigger.  High sperm counts both times.

AFM - got the actual results - 731 HCG and 270 progesterone, this was on 18dpo. (today is 20dpo)  We'll have one more blood test next week to ensure everything is progressing well...I am still in shock, as is dw.  Our first ultrasound with the obgyn is 4/22 but we're going to see if we can somehow get one earlier.

Escher - as nerve-wracking & early as it is right now, I'm going to say - can you please 'graduate' me?  Thanks! joy.gif  I will for sure be keeping in close touch with this group!  You are all a great support system & I wish you the best of luck!

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#310 of 328 Old 03-29-2013, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Congratulations on graduating SanDiego!  I hope DW is feeling well with all of those hormones pumping.

joy.gifenergy.gifbiggrinbounce.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#311 of 328 Old 03-29-2013, 10:46 AM

dust.gif CONGRATS, SAN DIEGO!!!  dust.gif 

broc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gif

carrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gif

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#312 of 328 Old 03-29-2013, 12:12 PM

Friederike, I'm alright minus the fact that mye boobs are killing meeh! Other than that..all is well. Sorry about your bfn, but you're attitude is wonderful!

Escher, I'm surprised with mye chart myself! I'm not on progesterone..haven't crossed that bridge yet :) just regular ole prenatals.

Thanks for the luck Sandiego!

Oh yea BTW, KWPX2, I've got 79 preggo points according to FF..it was 44 when I last checked. Good Luck!

AFM, Still no AF just mild cramps here and there, but otherwise..i'm totally ok. Well, very sore boobsicles. AF is officially due today but no sign..I'm 15DPO today and mye luetal phase hasn't varied at all since nov. I don't know what to make of it, but its safe to say I'm just about late lol

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

#313 of 328 Old 03-29-2013, 12:24 PM

fmorris: OMG! Go and get another non-digital test already!  The suspense is killing me!!

#314 of 328 Old 03-29-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherJenny View Post

fmorris: OMG! Go and get another non-digital test already!  The suspense is killing me!!

LOL I did yesterday after the digi, but same result...where is AF?! I'm gonna give it a few days and see what happens. As of now...no signs of AF anywhere. But mye temps have stayed over 98 since I had a dip on 9 and 10DPO. Comparing with mye other charts, mye temp has been in the low 97's to high 96's. This is super mind boggling!

#315 of 328 Old 03-29-2013, 01:24 PM

Yay San Diego!! I'm so happy for you! I'd do a veggie parade but I'm on my phone.

Fmorris: your chart still looks great! This appears to definitely be your longest lp if no bfp! Crazy! Did you test today or only yesterday?

JAJenny: thanks for volunteering to threadkeep next month! I like your plan to give clomid one more try then move on to the injectables. Hopefully next cycle is the bfp though!

Friederike: I'm sorry about your bfn. It is hard to take especially with so many BFPs lately. I feel like everyone else is moving on yet here we still are waiting.

Kwpx: thanks for posting that chart! It's nice to be reminded that the bfp can come way later in the tww than we'd like. I also like your positive attitude in that the test today was not yet positive. I hope tomorrow's test is a lot less "not positive"!

Afm, 8dpo and still feeling basically normal. I've been trying to test out the trigger and still haven't gotten a bfn. Last time my trigger was out by 7dpo. But this time I'm using wondfo's which apparently are ridiculously sensitive, like too sensitive.
#316 of 328 Old 03-29-2013, 02:31 PM

Twomommy, Thanks! And you're so right, this is the longest LP i've ever had! I haven't tested today. So are you technically late the day of or after..either way..I think AF is tardy for the party. Hope the rest of your wait is a breeze!

#317 of 328 Old 03-30-2013, 01:13 AM

justanotherjenny good luck for your last clomid cycle - I hope it works for you.

friederike sorry about your BFN.The whole process is ridiculous with the tank, I'm just lucky Cryos have been so understanding & that the tank arrived in time. We're taking a break until June for money & also I'm really busy working & away in April & May. I have spoken to Copenhagen Fertility Clinic who we're going through. I need to speak to my doctor over here next week as they've told me the drugs I need to get everything started. At the start of the cycle I'll ring to book the correct date which will be a bit of luck with flights etc

San Diego CONGRATULATIONS!!!! joy.gifthat is awesome news.

fmorris  you make me LOL ROTFLMAO.gifI'm hearing you on the sore boobicles - ouch! Hoping everything points towards a little bean not AF x

afm AF started this morning so official BFN. We're now out until June where we are going to Denmark for IVF as I have too much going on & we're away during the appropriate time this month (seeing P!nk in concert - VERY EXCITED!!!!) Great news though, I won a writing contest last year & I've been amending drafts etc to get them happy with it. Heard last night it'll be there with a few more tweaks and my book will be published in the next few months - SOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!! joy.gif We are close to getting an offer on our flat so now need to just tile my kitchen & bathroom and get the house on the market. Good luck to anyone in the TWW, can I be moved to taking a break, please?  xx

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#318 of 328 Old 03-30-2013, 08:03 AM

Lizbian: I'm sorry for your bfn. Also, i will miss you while you are on your break. it sounds like you have a lot of good things going on though! How exciting that you will be published soon!!! Please let us know the progress with your book! I will definitely be buying it!

Fmorris: AF? BFP? Any news??
#319 of 328 Old 03-30-2013, 08:36 AM

Sorry I haven't had much time for personals the last couple weeks - preparing to move has been time consuming.

Sending end-of-March good vibes to all of you still in the tww!  And for those of you taking a break or trying next cycle - I look forward to seeing how things progress for you!

me (34) and dp (38). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! ****5****10****15****20****25*** 30****35****40
#320 of 328 Old 03-30-2013, 09:33 AM

On mye phone so ill be back 4 personals. BUT The Saga continues... 16DPO and....nothing. So much CM yesterday I was like...seriously?! Lol I can barely touch the girls cos they're so sore!

#321 of 328 Old 03-30-2013, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate it! wool.gifchicken3.gif

Fmorris: What a crazy TWW you are having! I assume you tested again today? What tests are you using? Can you try a different kind of test? Can you go in for a beta? I want to know!!! fingersx.gif

Twomommyfamily: Have you tested out the trigger yet?

Lizbian: I'm sorry that AF arrived. It sounds like you are in a good place for moving forward. I look forward to hearing your adventures with IVF in Denmark. And congratulations on your book!

SanDiego: Congratulations on graduating! Are you due in early December?

KWPX2: Did you test again today? I hope that the tests start to show their true positive nature soon! fingersx.gif

Jenny: Maybe start a thread late tomorrow (3/31) or early the next day (4/1)? I'll check now to make sure that the first post information is as up-to-date as possible.

I've really enjoyed being threadkeeper this month. Thanks for letting me do it! orngbiggrin.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#322 of 328 Old 03-30-2013, 12:52 PM

Lizbian, I'm just hoping they'll get a bit better! I'm hoping for a lil sticky bean too! thanks!! And very exciting about your book!  x

Twomommy, No AF or test..tons of CM and I'm going with the flow lol. A bit crazy feeling though!

Escher, you know I didnt test today actually. I used a FRER a few days ago. I'm officially late though. I can say I was just sitting at mye dest and got teary eyed and almost cried for no reason lol. this is one of the wildest rides i've been on!

AFM, on the wildest rollercoaster without setting foot in a theme park! No AF, Sore boobs, Creamy CM everyday since O, almost cried at work today for nothing! I think DP's advocating for another test in the morning lol

#323 of 328 Old 03-30-2013, 04:47 PM

Hey everyone!  It's been months since I was last active in the forums.  The months just... went by!  Shortly after our last attempt at the clinic, we bought our house, and within weeks I had gotten a new job.  The job is fantastic, but for a smaller company, and though I have health insurance, it covers NO fertility services.  So, no more clinic for us.  We were still catching up on about $3000 in clinic bills and $1200 in frozen sperm on the credit card, anyway.

Each month has flown by, and I can't believe it's gone this fast.  We are planning to switch frozen donors -- we had 5 attempts with one donor over the course of 3 months.  And we're going to be starting this at home... on our own.  We're nervous, but also excited.  Initially, I had been excited about going to the clinic and having them sort of take the burden, instead of me having to do everything, but I was disappointed in the lack of personal attention I felt like we were getting.  Even though I have to do a lot more on my own-- temping, OPK, sperm delivery, etc-- I'm trying to look at it positively.

I'll be totally trying to catch up with everyone's stories, and looking for advice about your home experiences.  I hope everyone is doing well!  I see some familiar profiles in here, but I hope that many of you have been successful and have babies on the way!

I am 33.  I've been with my partner for 6 years. partners.gif  July31/Aug1- 3rd at home IUI with FDS

July 2013- 2nd at home IUI with FDS (new donor)- BFN, June 2013 1st at home IUI -BFN... 

(Before that, 3 tries at the clinic with FDS, 2 with clomid and 1 with femara)

#324 of 328 Old 03-30-2013, 06:49 PM

Lovestreet - Welcome back. Hopefully your re-grouping and getting a different plan will do the trick! Very best wishes!

AFM Tested this am....still not yet positive. My temp was the same this am as yesterday. I overlayed three of my charts and noticed that starting on 12 dpo my temp usually begins trending down. Since tomorrow will be 12dpo for me I am praying for a temp spike tomorrow! I had more creamy CM today that yesterday and today I was terribly nauseated for about 30 minutes and actually thought I was going to toss my cookies. I didn't but I find the symptoms confusing. 

rainbow1284.gifMe-F-42 + stillheart.gif Wife-31 +chicken3.gif +dog2.gif X 3 + cat.gif X2

#325 of 328 Old 03-30-2013, 07:05 PM

fmorris: You are KILLING ME.

lovestreet: Welcome back!  Sorry to hear about loss of fertility insurance, BUT here's hoping changing things up with your donor and the relaxed setting at home will be just the trick for you!

KWPX2: Fingers crossed for a nice spike tomorrow!

#326 of 328 Old 03-31-2013, 06:02 AM

Welcome back, lovestreet! Lots of people round these parts with success at home - you can do it! If you haven't already, be sure to take a look through this thread for some success stories http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1372030/how-did-you-or-dp-dw-get-pregnant

And fmorris, I am with JAJenny - what a nail-biter!! When are you testing again?

Hi and good luck to everyone!!

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#327 of 328 Old 03-31-2013, 06:57 AM

Fmorrispeurpost-906-0-05346400-1342140158.gif come on!!!!!!!  

lizbian: Sorry to hear about your BFN.  :-(  Glad that you have a plan in place  -- I really hope that your IVF in Denmark will result in your BFP on the first try!

Sphinxy: How are you feeling?

KWPX2: How is the temp today?  I love your positive thinking!

Twomommy:  How are you doing in your 2ww?

#328 of 328 Old 03-31-2013, 07:05 AM

When you're ready, join us over on the shiny new thread: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1380753/queer-conceptions-april-2013/0_100

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page