Queer Conceptions: March 2013 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2013, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yay Escher!!! It sounds like you are being cautious so I will give you one broc1.giffor now, with the promise of a parade to follow after your betas on Friday. Good luck!!!

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 09:22 AM

escher that's so funny what your wife said - sounds like mine, always taking the alternate angle just to be a pain! not really but it feels that way sometimes. smile.gif VERY exciting about the early positive, I hope it really is, that would be awesome!!! FX for you.joy.gif

lea you're as crazy as us! We don't know where we're moving to yet but hoping house will go on market in 2 weeks or so. Good excuse for a clean up I guess & easier than after we have a little one!

kwpx2 ripen little follies!

sandiego at least you won't forget it in a hurry!!!!!

fmorris  exciting! That's a lot of follies, good effort! I'm afraid I have no idea re the trigger thing but it does sound a little weird based on what I know. Good idea to ask doc for rationale.

darcy glad it's all in progress & FX for you that it's not too late. Hopefully they're quick swimmers!

friederike  neither - 3 photo shoots so busy busy busy!!!! How about you guys?

AFM so the tank is still in the UK. It has stopped snowing and they're opening the airport to incoming flights in an hour so we're looking at tomorrow. Conveniently my clearblue monitor doesn't say I'm peaking yet so O looks to be delayed a day. As long as it doesn't mean I'm not ovulating this month I'm VERY relieved as it means the swim team should come just in time (everything crossed). Had an amusing conversation this morning with the courier company. Customs had stopped the tank as it just said 'human' on it and didn't go into any more detail. He asked exactly what was in the tank. Glad I wasn't at work when I said sperm! To his credit he didn't say anything and there was no awkward pause but I had already cleared with customs about bringing the stuff in so had the guy's name so cleared straight away otherwise would probably be another day or more. Couriers reckon tomorrow morning they'll arrive & I can pick up. I am teaching almost 12 hours tomorrow but luckily I work 2 mins from the airport to collect the tank at lunch. Expecting funny looks!

After never having had more than a couple of inches of snow they've had over 10 foot snow drifts - it's mental!

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 AM

Quick question before insem today...
So I am crazy and took my temp three times throughout the night.

2am 97.61
5am 97.62
8am 98.64

Do you think this means I ovulated between 5 and 8am? Wonder if anyone has ever done this before lol.

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
Old 03-13-2013, 10:46 AM

Hey Darcy, I don't know for sure but I know my temp differs depending on how much sleep I've had & how warm/cold it is. It is always lower earlier in the morning if I have to get up super early but then rises closer to normal time. I'm sure the others will have more accurate info though. x

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 03-13-2013, 10:54 AM

fmorris - your follies sound great!  i though have never heard of trigger & insem same day.  we've always done trigger & insem 24 hours later, but this cycle we did trigger, & insem 24 hours later & 48 hours later

darcy - i'm wishing you the best of luck this cycle!

escher - congrats on your BFP! sending you lots of luck for a sticky bean

afm - 4dpo today, and my wife has her root canal tomorrow. angry.gif our doctor ordered a baseline progesterone test this past Monday (which was 2dpo)  her results came back and levels were 54!!! this was before she started taking the progesterone suppositories & oral pill form.  any idea why & how her levels could be so high so early??

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

Old 03-13-2013, 11:12 AM

Liz, that makes sense!

San Diego - how many follies did dw have? My last progesterone level was higher because the clomid produced bigger follies and the corpus luteum produces progesterone. That was my first month on clomid and it made a huge difference in my progesterone.

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
Old 03-13-2013, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

escher - congrats! I hope this is it for you guys! 

Good luck to everyone with insems this week! 

me (34), dp (39), and baby J who joined us in October 2014!

(Two years and two mcs after we started tcc )
Old 03-13-2013, 11:47 AM

darcy - my wife had 2 follies over 20, and 1 or 2 right behind. this is the first time we've checked progesterone so early...last cycle we tested for the first time too late at 19dpo, when her hcg was 97, and progesterone was around a 5

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

Old 03-13-2013, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your excitement and your crossed fingers. orngbiggrin.gif

Liz: I'm sorry that your tank is still in the UK but I'm glad that you may have a slightly delayed O to make it all work! I have my fingers firmly crossed that the timing will work perfectly. fingersx.gif

Darcy: I agree with Liz that I think it is normal for your temp to be lower earlier. I also think that if you have disturbed sleep (for example, from taking your temperature repeatedly orngtongue.gif) the results may be a bit wacky. Good luck with the insem!

SanDiego: That is an amazing progesterone level! It sounds like a very strong ovulation. Good luck with the root canal!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 03-13-2013, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

escher - That is AWESOME :)!!! so so excited!!!joy.gif

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

Old 03-13-2013, 12:07 PM

Darcy: I've tried temping at random times in the night, like if the dog wakes me up early, and it's just not even remotely in the reliable range. I only use the temp from the usual time (for me it's 6am) and I'm only confident in it if I got 4 solid hours of undisturbed sleep before that. If I got too little sleep it can be either oddly high or oddly low. (Im personally so very happy to be ultrasound monitoring this cycle and not temping). Don't worry about your temps right now. You did the trigger shot, your body is coursing with all that HCG so your temp might be inflated.

How was the insem?

Liz: FX for those swimmers!!! You are having such crazy weather!

Lea: that really is high progesterone for day 2, but take it as a good sign that she had a strong ovulation! Fx for you and GL to your poor wife for her root canal!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:19 PM

san diego good luck with root canal - I hope it all goes smoothly x  ps no idea about Progesterone.

guess what ladies? swimmers have arrived!!! the airport opened & they rang me 20 mins later so I cut the dog walk a bit short & went to get them so I know I have them for when I need them. Still no sign of EWCM but hoping tomorrow. Yippee!!

Old 03-13-2013, 01:37 PM

Twomommy, I hadn't either so thats why I was questioning lol. I thought about it for a while, then called and left a message at 10:30 last night. I was thinking to myself, dr.Lee will think I'm crazy for sure haha.

Friederike, I actually got a pretty good deal on mye trigger so it really wasn't a big deal on cost to meeh. I was definately questioning it thoroughly!

Escher, A BFP is super exciting!! How did that digital look when it said pregnant? :) Congrats! Hope I have the same kind of luck you do.

Lizbian, I was so very excited when I saw them! Mye doc laughed because I said "Hey little follicles I'm so glad to see you guys" lol. They looked so good on the screen, very big and getting bigger as we speak! I did ask mye doctor for reasoning though. I'm so glad the weather cleared so you could get that tank! I hope everything works out well for you tomorrow. I'll be insemming too!

Sandiego, Thanks! Even I was impressed when I saw them. I couldn't believe I had 4 mature. Maybe I'll get lucky and have twins..never know, seeing as they are hereditary on mums side (which is the only way it can be passed down the line). I've got this whole thing all sorted thank goodness. I hope DW's root canal goes well. Hoping for some great news as well!!!

AFM, Well after pondering all afternoon/evening I called mye docs office at 10:30 last night and left a message lol. Mye doc called meeh today and explained her reasoning. From the size of mye follies she said we definately need to insem tomorrow. Shes basing everything on the time it should take the swimmers to get to the tube and find the egg. She said if it made meeh uncomfortable I could do it earlier. Mye trigger shipped today and should be here tomorrow. So I decided I'll trigger when it comes tomorrow morning and trigger then insem later that evening. We compromised lol. I'm excited I'll be in mye 3rd TWW tomorrow. :) GL everyone. Who else is insemming with meeh besides Lizbian?

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 03-13-2013, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Darcy-My midwife told me that if I had ovulated overnight, my temp would not necessarily be up the next morning.  I think it takes some time for the corpus luteum to start producing progesterone enough to raise your temp.  I know this is the most nerve-wracking part.  Good luck!

SanDiego-That sounds like a great number.  I would also say it is due to the follies and their size from the medications.

fmorris-Can you order your trigger earlier so you have it on hand when needed?  I always picked mine up with my clomid or whatever at the beginning so I would have it ready.  Good luck on the insem!

Escher-I hope the signs continue to point to the positive!  So far, so good.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:43 PM

fmorris can't wait to be in the TWW with you. Good luck tomorrow - twins would be interesting!

Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 PM

Escher - CONGRATS!!! Holy moly! If I could do a back flip for you I would!! Now stick lil bean your mamas want you so much!! San Diego - Yikes! So sorry about DWs tooth issues. I hope it all works out. Lizbian - YAY!! Swimmers are here!!! I kinda just went thru the same thing just not cuz of weather. I live 2 hours from the RE and I was instructed to order the swim team on Monday for the insem on Wed or Thurs. Well my u/s on Monday it showed I was ready and the RE wanted to insem at 11AM but the swim team wouldn't be in by then. I spent all day yesterday "on call". As so as my swimmers arrived they called me and we drove as fast as we ccould to the RE office. Fmoris - FX third time is a charm! Lea - Just simply thanks! I guess I keep going cuz it what I truly want. Carmen - Thank you! It means a lot to me what you said. Friederike - For the first 25 cycles we used 4 KD this is the first month we have used a sperm bank. AFU- well everything went wonderful yesterday! I have a lot of pain/pressure, like everything will fall out from between my legs(sorry tmi). It was so funny. DW got to hold my leg for the RE then when it was all said and done she giggles and said "hi five1". Then when the RE left the room she kiss me and my tummy. *sigh* she is too cute sometimes.

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

Old 03-13-2013, 02:56 PM

Sorry I don't know why it bunched my post up like that and when I tried to edit it the stupid thing wouldn't let me even bold the names so you could read it easier...:(

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

Old 03-13-2013, 04:17 PM

Pokey, I ordered mye trigger but the earliest it will come is Thursday morning, so I'll get to sticking as soon as it gets to mye door! Thanks for the luck. Nd mye goodness 25 weeks already?! Glad all is going well!

Lizbian, I know! So exciting! I've never had a cycle buddy that insemmed the same day. GL to you! x

AMT, You know DP said 3rd times the charm yesterday, nd thats what I'm hoping for! I'm so anxious!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

Old 03-13-2013, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

fingersx.giffingersx.giffingersx.giffingersx.giffingersx.gifFX for you, Escher!!! fingersx.giffingersx.giffingersx.giffingersx.giffingersx.gif

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
Old 03-14-2013, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I am on my phone, so I'll do personals later. Just dropping in to say that I've got an almost 17mm follie that I'll trigger this evening and an insem set up tomorrow afternoon. Like fmorris that is pretty early after the shot, but there's office hours to accommodate. Let's hope enough swimmers hang around to meet the egg. I also found out what the IUI with my doc is gonna cost me - 50€! That is ten percent of what a clinic elsewhere would ask for. I am starting to think my doc might play for our team, she's so unbelievably supportive.

Liz, fmorris- I guess we're tww buddies :-)

Old 03-14-2013, 07:00 AM

fmorris & friederike good luck girls!!! Friederike, that's unbelievably cheap, go doc!!

WHERE IS MY SURGE?!?!?!?!!? Still waiting for my peak reading, slightly worried I'm not going to O this month but have to think positive & perhaps the follies were delayed by snow as well.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:30 AM

lizbian - were you still feeling ill when af arrived? i know for me, if i was feeling sick in the first half of my cycle, ovulation was often late. fx!

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:41 AM

granite how you feeling?

Old 03-14-2013, 07:42 AM

spinxy yep I was, only just getting better now - good point! How are you feeling? any scans coming up? x

Old 03-14-2013, 07:50 AM

lizbian - yup, two weeks ago we had our first U/S and heard the heartbeat which was incredible. In another two weeks we go in for our nuchal scan which is another U/S but also checks for down's syndrome. Overall I'm feeling OK, the exhaustion is starting to ease up a bit. And though my stomach has been finicky for sure, I haven't had to deal with any puking so I consider myself very lucky! I'm still sleeping like crap if I don't take unisom, but I hear that's normal and should improve in a few weeks. 

I'm reading along daily and rooting for everyone here!! blowkiss.gif

Old 03-14-2013, 09:58 AM

So I just picked up mye trigger shot from FedEx...sans needles. I have several of the insulin type needles with the orange caps. Can I use these for an intramuscular injection? Nd if I can where's the best place to do the shot. Thanks ladies! HELP!

Old 03-14-2013, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

fmorris-The needle I used was not particularly long, less than an inch.  I gave myself the shot in my belly a few inches away from and a little below my belly button.  Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:18 AM

Fmorris: there are different types of shots, I think the belly one is subcutaneous and the butt one is intramuscular. For my intramuscular shots the needle is nearly 3 inches long, like ridiculously long. I wish you lived near by, they gave me about 100 syringes when I picked up the trigger at the pharmacy. Maybe just go to a pharmacy, they will have them and you don't need an RX.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:18 AM

amt that is a bit stressful - hope it all goes well from here in though.

spinxy that must be one of the most incredible experiences ever - bet you can't wait until it kicks you (for about a day until it keeps you up). Sorry you can't sleep though but glad you've not had the puking. Are you going to find out the sex?

fmorris good luck x hope it all goes well.

Still no positive on the OPK or clearblue. It's funny the tank we have is 15kg heavy for 1.5ml of swimmers! We laughed at that. Just finished teaching 7 hours, got another 2 tonight so quite glad not having to insem in between the two. The weekend will be much more relaxed.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:23 AM

Fmorris: watch the video at www.ferringfertility.com on the Novarel injection. It shows exactly how and where to do a intramuscular injection for a trigger shot. DP and I have watched this a dozen times.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List