Queer Conceptions: March 2013 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 328 Old 03-19-2013, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

AMT, Sounded like IB to meeh as well. Don't freak out bc it can be wonderfulness happening!

Lea, Thank you! This cycle feels a bit different for some reason..not just with throwing in the trigger..but overall. Iono. I won't look to far into anything, but will try and keep sane!  I'm not saying I won't make it till mye test date, but I'll give it mye all lol. 9 days left! Hope your move is a breeze and you don't have to do much of anything!

AFM, just at work about to take mye vitamins and maybe poas-opk just to see if the triggers still there. I've got so many opks so i'm using them to test out mye trigger :)

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#182 of 328 Old 03-19-2013, 01:11 PM

Hi All,

KWPX: Wow! So many follies! You may end up with quite the litter! FX for one perfect, healthy baby this insem!

Lea: FX for the bloodwork!! I really hope this baby is sticky this time!! 

Escher: How were those beta results from friday? Have you had a second test yet?

SanDiego: I'm excited you will be testing tomorrow! fingersx.gif

AMT: perfect timing for implantation spotting!! :) 

Afm, we had an ultrasound over the weekend that showed two 13mm follies, one on each ovary. We got the green light to trigger tonight, insem early Thursday morning. We would love to join this QC BFP boom, hopefully some day. 

#183 of 328 Old 03-19-2013, 05:41 PM

Hi everyone - Just waiting here at 6dpo...

I tested today and the trigger is out of my system. I probably wont test again until 12dpo but I am currently feeling no symptoms. Yesterday I had a weird toothache and was extremely exhausted but that is about the extent of it. Good luck to all in the TWW and those who are inseminating soon!!  Hopefully we can make this month a record for BFP's! 

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#184 of 328 Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 PM

AMT  I am voting for implantation spotting as well. Congrats! It sounds like good news!

Darcy  Bring on the exhaustion! Keeping FX for you!!

SanDiego FX for you for sure!!

Twomommy Ha! A litter! Best wishes on the trigger and insem!

AFM Got a surprise last night. +OPK so instead of an ultrasound today we jumped right in and inseminated! I was worried all day because I really couldn't find any EWCM. I did feel both ovaries doing their thing (which was a lot less painful than a triggered O) most all day. I got up late for work so I didnt do hair...ballcap. I work in the operating room so I wear a hat all day anyway. So as I lay on the exam table, speculum in place, in my ballcap and long compression socks (DW said I was a sexy beast!) i remarked to the RE that i was apprehensive about timing as I really couldn't drum up any EWCM. Whereby she peeks over the drape and wags a swab with a huge glob of EWCM on it at me and said "Oh yeah...none of this huh?" I like our RE's sense of humor for sure. It made me feel more reassured that timing was right on.  Our counts were very much improved with the new donor and sperm bank...12.9 mill. DW and I feel very much more positive about this round. Happy to join good company in the TWW!

Escher please move me to the TWW

Me-F-44 +  Wife-33 + + X 3 +  X2
#185 of 328 Old 03-19-2013, 08:15 PM

Thank you everyone for the kind words...I don't dare get my hopes up. I did talk to my REs office and she said it could be IB! I shall just wait and see since the spotting is gone smile.gif

KWPX- welcome to the TWW! I hope it's short sweet and a new LO at the end!

Lea-FX for a sticky bean!!

Keep them BFPs rolling in!!

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#186 of 328 Old 03-20-2013, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

SanDiego: Any news? fingersx.gif (10dpo is still early for testing, so even if you don't have a bfp today, I still have my fingers crossed that you'll get one soon!)

Fmorris: Congratulations on getting through your pineapple!

Amt: That totally sounds like implantation bleeding to me. fingersx.gif

Lea: Let us know when you hear the blood test results! I hope your progesterone looks just fine. fingersx.gif What is your due date?

Twomommyfamily: First and second betas looked fine, and we'll get the results on the third beta this afternoon. Good luck with your insem tomorrow!

Darcy: Exhaustion sounds like a good sign. fingersx.gif

KWPX: Your RE sounds funny and nice. And your timing sounds great! fingersx.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#187 of 328 Old 03-20-2013, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I've had a faint amount of spotting this morning (almost a small enough amount to just ignore it or think I'm imagining things, but in the end too much to actually ignore it). Still waiting for the blood test results and worried, but at this point all I can do is wait and see what happens. My temps are still up, but I'm not sure what that really means at this point. I'm having flashbacks to the mc. This whole process is such an emotional trial.

me (34) and dp (39). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! 

****5****10****15****20****25****
30****35***40
#188 of 328 Old 03-20-2013, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Lea: I bet you already know that spotting in early pregnancy is normal (I've read that one out of three pregnant people have it). But I definitely understand how hard it is not to worry, especially since you've been through a loss before. hug.gif for the worry, and fingersx.gif that this is totally normal and everything is going just fine. Stick, baby, stick! sticky.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#189 of 328 Old 03-20-2013, 09:27 AM

hi all - will respond individually to everyone as soon as I can, but I'm so excited for all you BFP ladies!

AFM - we got our progesterone results back today - 38! (it was 38 on 9dpo) That is great according to our doctor.  We are now 11dpo today, and still haven't tested...dw wants to wait...we are praying this one is it.  Our last 2 BFPs came around 14 dpo, which unfortunately was accompanied by bleeding & clot passing.  I hope the universe is on our side and this time will a 'sticky bun', ah! thumb.gif

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#190 of 328 Old 03-20-2013, 10:03 AM

one more thing to share - dw had her progesterone tested at 2dpo as well this cycle, and it was 54

#191 of 328 Old 03-20-2013, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

SanDiego: Those are great progesterone levels! fingersx.gif I'm impressed that you're still waiting to test.

#192 of 328 Old 03-20-2013, 12:09 PM

Escher, Thanks! After blending it, it wasn't too bad, but it still had the little stringy pieces I don't too much care for. The things we do for fertility lol

Lea, Don't think the worst. Try your best to keep positive. I'll keep mye FX for you!

Sandiego, I'm glad things are looking good for you! FX for a sticky one!!!!

AFM, 6DPO and just hanging on. I think the triggers leaving as mye OPKs are getting much lighter. Just a bit tired today. March is turning out to be a great month for this board! FX and GL to those waiting and insemming.

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

#193 of 328 Old 03-20-2013, 02:59 PM

escher thanks! I have had a completely weird unrelated dream about a friend who injured her arm skiing & lost use of it completely. When I asked yesterday if she was OK she said she had a skiing accident last week (that we didn't know about) and almost had to get helicoptered off the slopes as she'd injured her shoulder. Spooky! Not a symptom I don't think but I'm knackered. too much DIY, not enough time off!

fmorris good job on the pineapple! have fun PO your sticks smile.gif

amt sounds like the spotting is a good sign!

lea what a month. I HATE PACKING! moving is such a chore & really not much fun at all so I don't envy you. We're going to have to do it sometime soon. *sigh*

friederike how did your weekend with your friends go? was it good fun?

twomommy woo hoo - good luck with the insem! I really hope this is your month too x

Darcy I'm extremely tired too! Had to go to bed an hour early last night but could be because my puppy has decided 5.15am is a good time to wake up & not go back to sleep.

KWPX2 that is hilarious and great of your RE to reassure you like that! I think my DW may have passed out with disgust if that happened eyesroll.gif

lea  stay positive!

san diego great levels!! glad the body is working as it should.

AFM I've spoken to the couriers twice this week & apparently they'll hopefully have the paperwork ready Friday. I'm not very impressed that I have to keep chasing them rather than them just ringing me when it's all done but I guess that's the quickest way to do it.

I am absolutely shattered at the moment. Not reading anything into it other than I need to rest a bit more than I am! Working, DIY & house hunting is all tiring but at least I'm feeling better. Thta's about all really other than a tiny bit of nausea but think also just something I ate. Waiting until next Friday to test.

Good luck to everyone else in the TWW!

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#194 of 328 Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 PM

Thanks so much everyone. It really helps to be reminded to try and stay positive. DP is freaking out a lot more than I am (that is our general MO in life about just about everything) about the spotting, so she isn't exactly helping me stay calm, and we haven't told any friends or family about the BFP, so there's nobody else IRL to talk about it with or to reassure me. Luckily I got the blood test results and as of yesterday my HcG and Progesterone are both fine for being at just 4 weeks (126 and 23, respectively), and I mentioned the spotting to my doctor who also reminded me that spotting in early pregnancy is very common. Still having a little spotting and mild cramping, but nothing major so I'm going to try to stay calm and wait a few days and see what happens. 

Still crossing my fingers for all of you in the TWW and waiting to insem - hope things go great for everyone this month!

me (34) and dp (39). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! 

30****35***40
#195 of 328 Old 03-21-2013, 06:19 AM

Please please let this one stick, our BFP came this morning at 12dpo!
mrsandmrs likes this.

#196 of 328 Old 03-21-2013, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

SANDIEGO!!!!!!! HOOORAYYYY!!!!!!!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbelly.gifsticky.gifwool.gifjumpers.giforngbiggrin.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbouncy.gifenergy.gifclap.gifnod.giffingersx.gifbaby.gifpartytime.gifsticky.gifjammin.gifpos.gifjoy.gif

Are you ready to be added to graduates?

Lea: Congratulations on your good blood work! joy.gif Can I add you to graduates now?

#197 of 328 Old 03-21-2013, 07:09 AM

Sandiego: yay!!!! Stick, little baby, stick!!!! Congratulations!! I'm on my phone so I can't do smileys, but I'm very happy for you!

Lea: good beta numbers!! How awesome!

Escher: please add me to waiting to know.
#198 of 328 Old 03-21-2013, 07:18 AM

SanDiego - congrats! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that this one sticks! I like that this bfp streak is continuing - I hope it continues for the rest of the month!

Escher - yes, I think I'm ready to move to graduates!

Twomommyfamily - good luck in the tww!

30****35***40
#199 of 328 Old 03-21-2013, 07:50 AM

Sandiego carrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gif HOORRAAAY !!! carrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

What excellent news! Keeping FX for lots of "sticky" for your family!! I sure hope this Luck O' The Irish month keeps feeding the BFPs!!

Me-F-44 +  Wife-33 + + X 3 +  X2
#200 of 328 Old 03-21-2013, 08:17 AM

Congratulations San Diego!!! So excited for you and your family!!! joy.gif

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#201 of 328 Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 AM

thank you everyone!  we are cautiously optimistic, and will know more in the next few days....but so far so good. The HPT today at 12dpo was a clear positive, not even a squinter. (our last two cycles we had faint positives at 14dpo) winky.gif Escher - I'll don't think we're ready to move to grads yet, but praying & hoping that day comes in the near future, thanks!

#202 of 328 Old 03-21-2013, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Sending sticky vibes and prayers your way, SanDiego!  I know how important that second beta is.  I hope you can both relax the next few days knowing that today you are pregnant.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#203 of 328 Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 AM

san diego cautiously optimistic CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I really hope it's a sticky one.  This month is a crazy month!!! broc1.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#204 of 328 Old 03-21-2013, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

What a great month for BFPs! It looks (from the graduates list in the first post) like if we get at least two more BFPs it will make March the most BFPful month in Queer Conceptions history. orngbiggrin.giffingersx.gif

SanDiego: I'm still so excited for you! joy.gif Is the news starting to sink in? Will you be getting a blood test soon?

Fmorris: 7dpo today? I'll hope for implantation around now for you!

Lizbian: That is quite a dream! What DPO will it be next Friday when you test?

Lea: Congratulations on graduating! joy.gif What (if anything) does your doctor do in early pregnancy? Will you have any more blood tests or early ultrasounds? It seems like different doctors do that differently.

Twomommyfamily: How did the insem go?

Sotohana: How are you feeling these days?

Amt: Are you 9dpo now? Will you be testing soon? fingersx.gif

AFM: Still nervous, but trying to trust that things will go however they are supposed to go.

#205 of 328 Old 03-21-2013, 02:02 PM

Lizbian, THanks! I thought it was going to be dreadful until I had the bright idea of smoothies! lol You know the fiasco you have with that tank everytime is ridiculous...but it sure does give a good laugh. FX it goes back ASAP. I've been feeling pretty knackered as well, so I know how that goes! GL to you!

Lea, I'm glad things are looking better for you all. I had you and DP in mye thoughts.

Sandiego, WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! FX for a beautiful sticky bean!  biggrinbounce.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

Twomommy, Welcome to the wait! GL!

Escher, Sure is! Mye temp dropped to 97.5 yesterday morning, but this morning when I took it it was at 98.1. I haven't had an accurate temp that high..well...at all. I'm doing mye best to wait 7 more days!

AFM, 7DPO today :) Temp went up this morning. I'm not doing a lot of reading into anything, but I feel good. GL everyone! Oh BTW mye Organic Cloth Diaper Kit Came the day before last..I'm so excited!! The covers were soo cute! Now all I need is the baby to go in it! lol

#206 of 328 Old 03-21-2013, 02:05 PM

escher oooo imagine having a record month - I'd love to be one of them but not expecting anything. Next Friday I'll be 13 dpo so may test Thursday smile.gif

#207 of 328 Old 03-21-2013, 02:15 PM

Fingers crossed SanDiego!

me (38) + wife (34), one fabulous fur-son.  Newlyweds starting TTC Feb 2013 for our first baby!

#208 of 328 Old 03-22-2013, 02:02 AM

fmorris good thinking on the smoothies. I love pineapple juice & often drink it by itself but not everyone's the same. DW is allergic so is never allowed to have it poor thing. I'm 6dpo and temp has gone up as well, also not trying to read anything into it.

Well ladies, phone call with the IVF clinic today so have a list of questions to ask them. Imagine if I didn't need to worry after all - next week we'll know! Also in good news it's my 40th in August & I did my schedule with work. Because I'm busy the next few months it turns out I have most of July and ALL OF AUGUST off!!!! So chuffed, will be able to get lots done and it's summer so happy days!

Other TWWers how is everything with you?

#209 of 328 Old 03-22-2013, 07:14 AM

escher - Thanks! I'm feeling much more positive today and excited to join you and soto in the graduates area! My doctor recommended acupuncture for early pregnancy support. I think as much for the emotional/worrying side of things as the physical side. I have my first ever acupuncture appointment this afternoon at a sliding scale community clinic near me - i'm curious to see what happens. My dr. is a naturopath and we don't have an RE or anything, so not as much monitoring or follow up blood work. I asked about her suggestions for monitoring things a little more closely this time and she suggested I schedule an earlier appointment with the midwife around week 6 or 7, whereas normally we would probably wait until week 10. I'm also continuing to take all my vitamins and supplements that I've been taking for months: prenatal, b complex, vitamin d, fish oil, an extra iron supplement (I'm iron deficient), and probiotics. 

How's everyone in the tww doing? Any inseminations coming up?

30****35***40
#210 of 328 Old 03-22-2013, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
San Diego, did you test again today? I hope everything is still going strong and this one sticks!
Amt- testing soon? How are you feeling?
Liz- Good luck for you call today. I am curious as what they talk about with IVF patients. Tell us a bit about the process after?

I am doing well. No symptoms. Doing stuff to prepare better for parenthood. DP had a job interview for her tenure yesterday which I am almost 100% sure will work out, so that brings some much needed financial safety, especially in case we have to resort to IVF later. We also visited a notary yesterday, to draw up some legal stuff to protect our relationship and also the doctor for the TTC procedures and also as preparation for the second-parent adoption. Afterwards we had a nice dinner date to celebrate and then met with our local LGBT TTC support group. Those meetings are always fun, though direly in need of some men. It's always only lesbians in the group. it helps to meet others in similar situations to talk to and exchange advice though. 3 more days, then I'll test.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page