Queer Conceptions: April 2013 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 170 Old 04-09-2013, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh wow, what a roller-coaster TwoMommies...  I just read through the thread, catching up and getting familiar with you all.

Hello, everyone!  I'm Tracy, and I was really active in the thread last year -- May, July and August, in particular.  My partner and I were trying to conceive (I'm carrying), using donor sperm and the help of a clinic.  Clomid 2 months, the other F one the 3rd try, and trigger shots for all 3.  No baby at the end, just $4500 or so in bills, even after insurance. 

Changed jobs in July into a more lucrative position, but my insurance covers ZILCH for fertility treatments.

On to Plan B!  We have picked a new donor, frozen, from the Cryobank in Roseville, MN.  We're about 10 minutes away from it, so we get cheaper delivery-- basically just a courier service.
And now we'll be trying at home.  I'm slightly terrified to have so much in our control/ PRESSURE!  But I'm also very disappointed with my clinic experience, so there's something appealing about doing it ourselves.

The good thing about doing the clinic first, is that I know my parts and my hormone levels and all that are good and happy.  I'll just have to try to pinpoint my ovulation, which may take some getting used to.  My plan is to use a ton of the cheapy ovulation tests, and start charting again.  We would like to do ICIs, as far as the procedure, because DP has already seen how it's done, and I want to get those swimmers as far up there as possible! 

I'm not sure if we'll start this month or next, but it will be soon.

Lovely to meet you all, and I'll be checking in often to see how you are all doing!!

I am 33.  I've been with my partner for 6 years. partners.gif  July31/Aug1- 3rd at home IUI with FDS

July 2013- 2nd at home IUI with FDS (new donor)- BFN, June 2013 1st at home IUI -BFN... 

(Before that, 3 tries at the clinic with FDS, 2 with clomid and 1 with femara)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 170 Old 04-10-2013, 05:34 AM

Lovestreet Welcome back. DW and I were not here when you were last active. We have been trying since Jan completing three cycles with an RE and letrozole plus other meds. Unsuccessful thus far but merrily we roll along I suppose. I am 11 yrs older than my DW and our plan is to try once more with me in search of the "golden egg" and if this 4th time fails then we will probably move on to our younger more promising uterus and ovaries. Best wishes to you and your partner in your more DIY efforts. You can do it!

Fille Sorry about the BFN. It is a downer for sure. Good luck with a birthday insem!!

Friederike  you sound like you are really ready to be a "Mom" with all your supporting your partner while being poked and prodded! How wonderful that she got to assist even squeamish as she was. Maybe that was just the trick to get all the planets aligned for you gals! Will be keeping FX for you!

AFM, No news to report. awaiting O. My wife works at a local university and got an email from a doctoral student looking for LGBT persons in a relationship of 6 months or more to fill out a confidential survey about their relationship and stress. I thought Of all the lesbians I know I cannot think of a more perfect bunch of committed ladies under stress than this forum. If you would care to help out here is the survey site. Again it is confidential and no personal information is collected. Thanks on the student's behalf....

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Weaver_dissertation

Me-F-44 +  Wife-33 + + X 3 +  X2
#93 of 170 Old 04-10-2013, 07:22 AM

KWPX2 I hope this is a successful cycle for you - bring on the O! Yep happy to do the survey, will check out when I get home after teaching tonight.

Friederike FX for you guys! your DW sounds hilarious & sounds like you guys have a great, balance relationship. My lovely DW took her job of insemming very seriously, although she had a little stress with the tank last time which resulted in her having a massive (quite funny) go at me and swearing a lot. turns out I got the whole thing on video accidentally (forgot to turn it off) so may have to keep to show her sometime in the future! What do you teach, incidentally? I teach a bit of law, investment stuff, Company & trust and also some photography. I'm so glad you've got an awesome doctor too, it makes all the difference.

Fille sorry to hear that but here's to a 2014 baby - we're hoping that will be our year as well. Happy early birthday too.

lovestreet welcome back & I hope your time here is short. We went the home insem route but now going IVF route as the chances are higher & we're trying to reduce the time it'll take (hopefully)

AFM  not much to report. Still waiting on drugs, will follow up tomorrow. We have accepted an offer on our flat - woo hoo so now just need to get this bloody tiling done to put our house on the market. The weather has been so awful this year I am seriously thinking about moving to Oz earlier than planned, although it wouldn't be fair on DW's family to move just after having a new baby seeing how excited they are about it. I guess I'll just have to put up with crap weather for another couple of years. I'm slightly worried I won't be able to do IVF in June as I have a very fine window with days I'm not teaching but it will all come down to my cycle - keeping everything crossed.

Good luck to all those insemming/in TWW xxxxxx

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#94 of 170 Old 04-10-2013, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lovestreet - god luck with gathering data and preparing for insems. Quite a lot of people do at home ICI or IUI, it totally works if you know what you're doing. I think you'll find good advice on here if you need it. My DP would never in a million years have gone at it with a cath at home and I wouldn't know how to do it myself. We tried IVI a couple of times, but the low sucess rates made me switch to the doctors office.

KWPX - I love doing student surveys, I'll fill it out for sure.

Liz - good luck finishing with the house. About the meds, which protocol are you doing? Has that been decided yet? From what I read on the website you posted a while ago, the short and antagonist ones seem like the easiest especially if travelling internationally for the retrievel and transfer.
Oh and yes my DP and I are great at the moment, seems like we always work best as a couple when under some pressure.

I like the idea of making videos. Never even crossed my mind. I keep a written protocol only. Maybe I should do that too, just some short clips on the Iphone cut together. It would be a great thing to have a short (PG of course) movie available for a kid documenting his or her genesis and perhaps a second not-so PG for us parents up to birth. I used to videoblog while working in Egypt during the revolution two years ago and I really enjoyed it as a project. Right now, this semester I am teaching a graduate seminar on comparative politics and international relations. I work at the Social Science Department.

#95 of 170 Old 04-10-2013, 11:49 AM

KWPX2 I went to do the survey but can't as not in the US greensad.gif

Friederike I think we're going for the short one - it meas we only need to go once to Denmark which is always a good thing. It's great your DP & doc get on well. I'm lucky as everyone loves my DP so never worried on that front. Yeah we're just doing a short PG one as think it would be nice for the kid to see 'where it comes from'. This video will be on the cutting floor but it was hilarious, esp as DP & I never argue and she was having a massive go at me for videoing instead of helping take the vials out - one to remember, that's for sure! You were in Egypt during revolution? that must have been something else. A bit exciting, a bit scary & a unique experience. Bloody hell, that sounds in-depth & complicated! Makes my corporate law stuff sound pretty tame in comparison. wink1.gif

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#96 of 170 Old 04-11-2013, 05:22 AM

Re: Survey....Thanks to those who have tried/taken the survey. Yes, I agree it seems a bit imperfect. I thank you on her behalf for participating. I do not think the student is LGBTQ and so I was pleased she included more than straight couples in her questions. I guess she didn't think she might get international response. Some of you have offered constructive criticism which I will pass along to DW to pass along to the student. I believe it will be well received. So thanks again "board friends" for being so wonderful and such a positive and supportive group!

#97 of 170 Old 04-11-2013, 07:12 PM

Friederike - We will be doing only 1 IVI. We had one vial left and figured we would try it on DW just for the heck of it. That sounds like a great insem experience!! Love that your doc hooked you up and that DP was game. I love that both of you were involved in the insem - very cool!  dust.gif

Lizbian - Have fun at the concert! FX for the correct timing of your cycle in June - planning/scheduling that stuff can be so hard while working. 

Fille - Hopefully lots of 2014 babies for us here!! 

KWPX2 - Lots of luck to you this month! I agree with your RE - give yourself a chance - you are ovulating and doing so well with the meds!! ETA - Survey completed :)

Welcome back Lovestreet! Will you be on clomid for the home ICIs? I really want to start that up this summer but not sure how that will work because of monitoring. 

AFU - First at home ICI completed as of last night at 9pm. Everything went oddly smooth and since we only had one vial that will be our single insem this round. DW is pretty excited and keeps texting me with updates on CM, twinges, o pain etc.. Our options were to insem 12 hours after OPK or 24 or 30. We decided on 12 because of her cervix was open, tons of EWCM and we wanted her horizontal after the insem for as long as possible. If she didn't have to work today we probably would have inseminated this morning at 24 hours. I think we have a good shot but if we can afford it, any future insems will consist of 2 vials spread over two days.  I was shocked at how easy the sperm went into the syringe. I thought I would have a lot left over that I couldn't get at. 83 million swimmers - highest count so far. Thanks everyone! Good luck to all in the TWW and upcoming insems! 

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
#98 of 170 Old 04-13-2013, 02:20 PM

Darcy What exciting news! It sounds like you got your timing right with all the EWCM and cervical signs. How do you feel being on the other side of the sperm? We will keep our FX for sure! Wouldn't beginner's luck (her first try) be just the trick for you two! Very best wishes!

#99 of 170 Old 04-14-2013, 06:08 AM

KWPX2- Thanks! I actually feel a lot more calm being on the other side of the sperm lol. DW is pretty excited and yes it would be so great if her first try worked!

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#100 of 170 Old 04-14-2013, 09:03 AM

Sounds great Darcy. Fingers crossed for you both. Do you know already when you'll start testing? Any exciting symptoms so far?

#101 of 170 Old 04-14-2013, 10:36 AM

Friederike - she wants to wait the full two weeks to test! We will see how that goes...she did have some nausea yesterday but that would be way too early to be a real symptom! How about you? Any early symptoms? When are you testing?

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#102 of 170 Old 04-14-2013, 11:23 AM

Well good luck for the wait. It is so hard to really go the whole 2 weeks. No signs over here yet, but that's expected at only 5DPO. I ordered 25 ultra-sensitive internet cheapies (10 mlUI/ml threshold) and two Clearblue digis. With that many tests I will probably give in to the urge to test fairly early. Maybe next saturday at 11DPO.

#103 of 170 Old 04-15-2013, 10:58 AM

Hi All,

KWPX2: I'm glad that you have a plan for this month. Does your RE have a recommendation of what you would try next? What cycle day are you now?

Friederike: Your doctor sounds amazing. I'm glad that your DP was there for the insem!

Fillefantome: An insem around your birthday sounds like lucky timing!

Lizbian: I hope that your cycle lines up perfectly for the IVF in June! When do you have to start meds for that?

Darcy: I'm glad that insem went so smoothly. It sounds like you had great timing and great counts! fingersx.gif

Jenny: When will you be insemming?

Twomommy: How are you doing? I'm thinking about you. hug.gif

Hi to everyone else!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#104 of 170 Old 04-15-2013, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

escher:  Isn't that the question of the hour!?  My period is MIA.  No idea where she is, we're about 6 days late.  I think my ovulation must've failed last month because I just started with EWCM again and I think I'm ramping up again.  I stopped temping when I started with meds, so no idea.  It's kind of weird, since I've been regular for about a year.  I'm a little relieved in a way, because I wasn't sure if i should try in April or May, but also wasn't sure if I'd be able to make myself wait another month.  Now, I'm just going to see what happens.  If it goes on for awhile, I'll get some progesterone and get this party started.  So, I'm still waiting... AF is a jerk like that -- when you want her to show, she fails, and when you try to send her packing, she shows up early.  :-)

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#105 of 170 Old 04-15-2013, 01:56 PM

Hi everyone!

escher I need to start on the first day of my next cycle - in about 2 weeks.

Friederike & Darcy I hope the TWW is going well for you.

AFM I've had a great weekend away seeing Pink but didn't get much sleep! She is so amazing in concert, gives me inspiration to sort my knees out & get fit again. Unfortunately ovulation hasn't come & I'm already day 17 so not sure what's going on this cycle. I'm still waiting for meds for the start of next cycle but hoping I'll have them in a week or so.

#106 of 170 Old 04-18-2013, 04:06 AM

hi ladies, IT'S SO QUIET ON HERE! how are you all doing? Anyone insemming soon? Anyone else testing? need some BFPs!

I haven't ovulated this month, hoping my body is holding out for June's IVF. Prescription ready to go, just have to hope timing works out with everything.

smile.gif

#107 of 170 Old 04-18-2013, 07:38 AM

So many people graduated there is barely anyone left, that's why it's so quiet. I am 9DPO today, so I'll probably start peeing on stuff on sunday morning. I have a plan B this time if it didn't work - running a training marathon on the 28th as preparation for an ultramarathon in may. I would take a break until june for that. A break will help me mentally not to become too obsessed and disappointed month after month and it's a chance to loose the weight I gained since november. My summer clothes barely fit anymore as a combination of training less during the TWW and overeating to compensate the emotional pains involved. I really hope it worked this time though. We would still have a 2013 due date.

#108 of 170 Old 04-18-2013, 10:20 AM

Friederike: Any symptoms yet? I'm impressed that you're planning to wait until 12dpo to test. Your marathon plan sounds smart, but hopefully you'll be too pregnant to run! fingersx.gif

Lizbian: I'm glad that Pink was great. I bet your body is gearing up to do an amazing ovulation in June. fingersx.gif

Jenny: How annoying that your period is late one time when you WANT to see it! It's nice, though, that your body may just be deciding for you that you should try in May. May seems like a lovely month to get pregnant!

Darcy: How is the TWW going so far?

Hi to everyone else!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#109 of 170 Old 04-18-2013, 07:09 PM

Hi Everyone :)

escher - Thanks! It's going well. I am much less stressed because DW is trying! DW is excited but doesn't want to get my hopes up. She is feeling a lot of cramping. How are you and DW doing? 

Jenny - Did AF show up yet? 

Lizbian - Sorry about the delayed O. A couple of months ago I didn't ovulate until CD23. It was so frustrating! 

Friederike - FX for Sunday and a 2013 due date!! 

AFU - DW had a huge dip in her temp this morning at 8DPIUI/6DPO below the cover line and so we will see if it's back up tomorrow. She had a lot of cramping yesterday and the day before. She didn't get crosshairs until 2 days after we inseminated so not sure what that means. She had a positive OPK on CD14 but didn't ovulate until CD16 according to FF. I will be shocked if she is pregnant because of the timing and the small percentage of ICI even working. She still says she wants to wait and test until next weds which is when her period is due. We will see...

I have continued to chart while I am taking this break and my ovulation was like clockwork this cycle. Positive opk on CD16, next day temp dip and the following day big temp rise. I haven't had a chart this pretty EVER. Maybe it's because I am not stressing at all..who knows but it's just a little bit frustrating that my body is now cooperating now that I am not inseminating! 

IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #8 TBD
#110 of 170 Old 04-20-2013, 11:30 PM

Afm
So I tested today 12DPO and it's kinda inconclusive. In the bright sun there seems to be a very faint second line, but it doesn't look pink at all, so it could be a evaporation line. The positive tests from the trigger looked different. My lower abdomen feels AF- ish. She isn't due until wednesday if the progesterone works right, so I'll keep testing.

ETA- I tried another strip this afternoon after going for my usual sunday 2hr run (slight dehydration=more concentrated urine) and got another phantom line. I also felt a bit nauseous this morning, but that is sometimes an AF sign for me too. Argh.

#111 of 170 Old 04-21-2013, 05:42 AM

Friederike: That sounds hopeful! I have my fingers firmly crossed that you'll get a darker second line tomorrow! fingersx.gif

#112 of 170 Old 04-21-2013, 12:32 PM

Hey ladies,

Friederike that is very frustrating for you - I hope you get some good news in the next day or so. I agree with the lots of graduates that there's been a mass exodus.

Darcy good luck on being patient. I think you just have to hope this is the start of your body doing the right thing even if you aren't insemming.

escher how you feeling?

well day 23 so far & no sign of O. I've given up for this month, just worried about what it will mean for next cycle & timing for going to Denmark so will have to sit & wait I think.

After spending 15 hours tiling over the weekend nearly finished - finally! Hoping to have house on the market in about a week which will be such a relief. Summer feels like it's on the way over here, hope it is where you all are too.

#113 of 170 Old 04-22-2013, 03:39 AM

Hi Gang, been taking a bit of a board-break.

JENNY - AF ever show up? What a fickle character she is!

DARCY- Your partner has some serious patience! How are her temps looking? Keeping FX for you both!

FRIEDEEIKE- whats the story on those faint lines? Getting darker? FX for sure!

LIZ. -tiling is so mean on your knees. How are yours holding up? Whats the next project there? Roofing? Good luck with the sale!

AFM - Part of my plan for this cycle is to de-stress more. We insemmed on Wednesday, i am 5dpo/iui. Im not temping as temping with progesterone just seems like a tease to me and gets my hopes artificially high. I also m trying not to catalog symptoms as last time I cataloged everything and it just got us too excites about nothing. So, we put the swimmers in after a trigger, i grew 2 eggs over 20 mm and now we will just wait it out. We are really trying not to over think anything.

#114 of 170 Old 04-22-2013, 05:18 AM

Friederike: Any news? fingersx.gif

Lizbian: Congratulation on finishing your tiling! I'm sorry O isn't showing up when expected. Hopefully your timing for Denmark will still work out well. It's cold here (east coast US) today, but the trees are turning green!

KWPX2: I think not temping on progesterone makes perfect sense. It's hard not to pay attention to symptoms, but it seems smart to try to ignore them as much as possible. I hope your TWW continues to go smoothly. And of course I have my fingers crossed for you! fingersx.gif

#115 of 170 Old 04-22-2013, 07:24 AM

Well ladies...I've gotten sacked and have been really sick lately, but I'm still breathing! Be back later for more, good luck to everyone!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#116 of 170 Old 04-22-2013, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Oh, fmorris! Hope everything starts going better for you starting... now. fingersx.gif

And yay for keeping on keeping on!

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
#117 of 170 Old 04-22-2013, 10:34 PM

Liz - what a huge project. I hope you get to relax a bit after all that tiling.
KWPX - welcome to the TWW, I hope it treats you well. Fingers crossed.
Fmorris - ugh, I am sorry. Big hug!

Afm - well, I am still getting those phantom lines, but I think now that it is just this batch of internet cheapies and no pregnancy sign. AF should start tomorrow or tonight, if it doesn't, I'll use a CB test.

#118 of 170 Old 04-23-2013, 06:10 AM

kwpx2 I completely understand not temping or anything but GOOD LUCK and FX for you this month xx hug2.gif I can't kneel because of dodgy knees so have to sit down or squat to do stuff which is pretty hard on my back. Next project - sell the house & relax! I'm very very stressed at the mo as so busy with everything so having to try to sort out by June.

fmorris Oh no - that's not good! I hope you're OK now. Is it going to be hard to get another job? Hope you are able to get everything sorted soon. hug2.gif

Friederike Uggh. Not good - I hope you have some good news soon.

AFM I'm very stressed with house stuff, busiest time of the year teaching, photography busy & house hunting. Thankfully it should settle down in a couple of weeks as I need it to. I had a blood test today for HIV & hepatitis as required by the clinic. Still haven't O'd this month so waiting to see when AF arrives as to whether June is still on or have to wait for July. Also back off alcohol & onto healthy eating & exercise after my 2 weeks of naughtiness.

A group 

grouphug.gif

because I think we could do with it!

#119 of 170 Old 04-23-2013, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hey, all. It's been quiet here, but now it's time for me to insem again!

Smiley face on the Clearblue OPK today, which means I'll be O'ing/insemming tomorrow on my birthday (god willing and the creek don't rise). I'm not particularly superstitious or spiritual, but still feeling as though this timing has to be a lucky omen--even if I'll have to endure the TWW before getting any resulting birthday present.

In other news, my KD probably isn't going to visit next month to try in-person sperminating as we had considered, because it would mean missing IML (International Man of Leather) back in Chicago. (Oh, the problems of having an uber-gay as your KD!) He suggested moving the visit to June, but I'll be traveling for work the last week in June when I'm due to ovulate, so that's probably out as well. This is okay--both months should still work for shipping--but I'm still a little sad, because I was excited to see J. The optimist in me is hoping we can schedule a visit for May or June anyway, with a first prenatal visit as the highlight of the trip!

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
#120 of 170 Old 04-23-2013, 01:04 PM

Fille I would be lying if I didn't fess up to cracking up about the IML fest. What are flights from VT to Chi-town like? I can imagine being there for the IML would make for a very interesting insemination story!

Liz  I fully understand dodgy knees. I have one myself. We are in the (final) process of selling my family's farm.  We were supposed to close a month ago and then again today but paperwork on the buyer's end seems to be endlessly out of order. I know full well how stressful the whole getting a place ready for market (I handled the process for my dad) and selling it can become. I really wish you and your partner get a buyer fast and that they have all their ducks in a row! In the meantime enjoy the naughtiness.

Fmorris So sorry to hear you are under the weather. How are things going with your creative fundraising? Well, I hope! Do you have plans for an upcoming insem?

Friederike What's up with phantom lines!? Thinking positive! 

Tags
Lgbtq , Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page