Queer Conceptions: April 2013

8K views 169 replies 21 participants last post by  fillefantome 
#1 ·
flower.gif
It's April!
flower.gif

SPRINGing into pregnancy?

Please put your updates in BOLD.

GRADUATES: Please click here to share how you got your BFP!

Waiting to O
whistling.gif

Friederike

KWPX2 BFPChart2.gif

JustAnotherJenny blogging.jpg

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2ww
fingersx.gif

FillefantomeBFPChart2.gif

Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be ready
wool.gif

DarcySD

Fmorris28 BFPChart2.gif

Twomommyfamily

Lovestreet13

Lizbian
TineyDreams
Lovingisliving
Scorpioma BFPChart2.gif
Rs11
Darthtunaqueen
TillyBarry

chicken3.gif
2013 Graduates!
chicken3.gif

March * Escher
joy.gif
* Sotohana
joy.gif
* Lea2012
joy.gif
* Amt1015
joy.gif
* SanDiego78
joy.gif

February * Granite
joy.gif

January * Esenbee2
joy.gif
* LindseyW
joy.gif
* Sphinxy
joy.gif

2012 Graduates!
December * Joyseattle * Mrsandmrs & Bigfoot
October * Cordelia15 * PokeyAC * Easttowest * ErinTNgirl * Outdoorsy
September * Wishin'&hopin' * Lisedea * Tandy401
August *Thenewzero * KnittingTigers * TaraL
July * Cananny
May * Mtnlisa
April * Nosreves
March * SkyandTru * JuneBug
February * MidwifeStephPDX * SouthernBelle24
January * Planet * Dandylez

2011 Graduates!
December * DesertSunsets
November * Aljm41910
October * Vienna79 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious * SwtRainbowBrite * Go_Vegan
September * Smilingsara * Ad Astra * Mumquest
August * Prettyisa
July * Onemommyonemama * Southern Fried Karma
June * CrystalPerez * Qmama42
May * KellySF
April * Want2bmumx2 * Indigoscot
March * Graceie * Seraf * 2ezforyou * Mommy55
February * Escher * SharriKitColorado * DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel

2010 Graduates!
November * Mizyellow * AmyPDX * AmandaHope * Cejae
September * Solejean * Painefaria
August * Bttrflygypsy * 2happymamas * LibraryLady
July * Beastie * Gumshoegirl007 * Wehrli
June * Coco
May * Burg * Korey
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & Smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!
December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

See less See more
#127 ·
Friederike, I gotta say, I was suspicious about your multiple "evap lines."

joy.gif
jumpers.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif

joy.gif
jumpers.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif

joy.gif
jumpers.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif

joy.gif
jumpers.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif

#128 ·
Thank you
love.gif

I am extremely paranoid about getting a late AF after all. Running to the bathroom to check every hour or so, because I still sometimes have those pains in my lower back and that feel exactly like impeding AF cramps. Those have been around since saturday.

Since my usual problem solving mode is getting info, I googled miscarriage statistics and now am determined to beat the 30% rate until week 5-6 when it drops to 10%. My doctor gave me an appointment for May 6th so then we can check whats happening on an US. I guess the fears will get better the longer it is past the AF date.

#129 ·
So, last night was really horrible, as my KD happily sent me the tracking info for the package o'sperm due (and needed) today, after shipping right at the 6pm UPS deadline. Well, I look at the tracking info he sent and it says "Next Day Air Saver, pick-up Wednesday 4/24, delivery Thursday 4/25" (as though he'd done the drop-off after the deadline, so they were counting the "next day" from today instead of yesterday). I emailed him and said (as gently/neutrally as I could, as I was actually FREAKING OUT) "it looks like it's not going to ship until tomorrow," to which he replied "I watched them put it on the truck, they said it would be there by 10:30am tomorrow." Well, the tracking all said it wouldn't arrive until Thursday. I feigned zen in my "oh, okay, guess we'll see what happens" response email, then cried a little, and went to bed, thinking that there was this month out. And, somehow, it felt disproportionately awful to screw up the timing the month I was insemming on my birthday.

(I love and trust my KD with the big stuff, but it definitely feels pretty sucky to be dependent on his punctuality and such in shipping matters, when I'm trying not to be overly controlling or naggy about this process.)

The package is now (without any explanation on the previous dates) on a truck for delivery today. 3pm, 10:30am, who knows, who cares. My birthday is officially saved!

#131 ·
CONGRATS, FRIEDERIKE!!!!

banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

broc1.gif
broc1.gif
broc1.gif
broc1.gif
broc1.gif
broc1.gif
broc1.gif
broc1.gif
broc1.gif
broc1.gif
broc1.gif
broc1.gif
broc1.gif
broc1.gif

carrot.gif
carrot.gif
carrot.gif
carrot.gif
carrot.gif
carrot.gif
carrot.gif
carrot.gif
carrot.gif
carrot.gif
carrot.gif
carrot.gif
carrot.gif
carrot.gif

Take good care of yourself, those first few days (weeks, really) can really mess with your mind. I think I only recently stopped checking for blood on the toilet tissue every time I used the bathroom. The best advice I have seen floating around here is to say "I am pregnant today." I know it isn't easy, but in hindsight it's really all you've got to hold onto. Oh, and I had weird, AF-ish cramps off and on probably through at least week 8. I hated it of course because it freaked me out, but again, in hindsight I can say that if you can take any consolation from it, your uterus is hard at work - and feeling it is totally normal.

Fille - AH! OMG, I would have been flipping out! I hope you managed to get some sleep. Good luck today, and
birthday.gif

#133 ·
Congrats Friederike
bouncy.gif
! So happy for you - and still rooting for everyone else on this board too!

Fille - I had a really similar experience with a mishap in shipping with my KD and felt exactly the same way - not wanting to be too controlling or nagging when he was basically doing a huge favor for us, but wishing I had been more firm with my reminders. I'm so glad the shipping worked out after all! Happy birthday!

#136 ·
Congratulations Friederike!!!!
joy.gif
This is so exciting! So happy for you and DP.

Fille - Happy Birthday and good luck with the shipping!! That must have been such a stressful night.

AFU - Jenny, could you please move me to taking a break. Temp dropped below cover line yesterday and AF should show up tonight or tomorrow for DW. I will probably start back up with insems sometime this summer but I will definitely be reading/cheering everyone along in the meantime!!

#138 ·
I am sorry Darcy. Take good care of yourself and DP during the break.

Fille - how did your birthday insem go?

Sphinxy, pokey; thank you for calming my paranoia about the crampy feelings. And everybody else, thank you again for the well wishes and the smiley parades.

DP and I had a very turbulent evening yesterday, where we first tallied up the costs of all the baby stuff we need and holy, it was a lot (though maybe we won't need 4 different carriers), then had her officially propose to me while I was lying in bed in my jammies and then ended in a tearful breakdown on her side just one hour later, because what if everything changes and our life could be over with a kid and whatnot. I love our particular brand of crazy.

#139 ·
Darcy: I'm sorry that it doesn't look like this cycle worked. How are you and your DW feeling? Are you both feeling good (or at least ok) about switching back to you for the next attempt? How are you feeling about taking the little break before trying again?

Friederike: That sounds like quite an evening! We spent very little on baby stuff, since we got almost everything we needed as gifts, hand-me-downs, or used. It's hard to imagine everything changing.

#140 ·
Jenny, can you move me to the TWW? I successfully insemmed yesterday afternoon, after all my shipping angst. Now it's just time to wait and see.

I had a very unconvincing temp rise this morning, but I do think I probably O'd yesterday. We'll see what FF thinks in a few days. My chart:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fillefantome

(Jenny, if you want to link this above as well, that would be great.)

I'm hoping to hold off testing until May 8, when my period will actually be late. Willpower is not my strong suit, so we'll see how that goes....

#141 ·
Jenny, do you have someone to take over as threadkeeper for May? If not, I'm happy to do it.

#142 ·
Fille Congrats on the insem. Best wishes in the TWW.

Friederike -
joy.gif
YEAH !!
joy.gif
YEAH
joy.gif
YEAH
joy.gif
YEAAAAAAAHHH!!!!
joy.gif
Very happy news! Congrats!!

Darcy So sorry to hear of the impending AF. You all sure gave it a good shot! I can understand wanting to take a little hiatus. Enjoy the time off and start up again when you and DP (and your wallet) are refreshed.

AFM, No real news to report. I truly have no obvious pregnancy symptoms. My breasts were pretty sore the last 2 days but they feel quite fine now. I am attributing that to the trigger. Hopefully the trigger will be all gone this evening, 8 dpo. I ordered some cheap but sensitive sticks off the www. If they come today I may POAS just to see that the trigger is indeed gone. I got a text from a colleague Monday showing me the picture of her 13 week US....twins! I am very happy for her but of course being human I am a little jealous.

#143 ·
Fille Congrats on the insem &b est wishes in the TWW! The link you posted is just to a thumbnail version of your chart linked at mothering -- if you want to post the whole link, I'll attach it to the chart icon that I added next to your name. It would be lovely if you'd like to thread keep this coming month. :)

Friederike: Sounds like you guys had a stressful night last night -- babies don't really need that much stuff. With gifts, thrift stores and consignment, you can really get a bundle of stuff for very little money. I have nearly everything I will need and I think I've spent about 200.00. People also tend to loan out or give away lots of stuff for free -- just put the word out. Usually, once they are done having kids, they are more than eager to de-clutter.

#144 ·
fille How was the rest of your birthday? Did you have a nice celebration?

KWPX just one week to go. Fingers crossed for good symptoms.

Jenny just 200? For real? I am impressed. We had almost ten times that sum and that is already buying loads of things used. The jogging stroller / bike trailer that we want (Chariot) alone goes for 400€ used. Add carseat (new), a diaper stash and carriers, plus adoption fees and it just adds up. I hope we get some free stuff. None of our friends have children though. Okay one does, but he lives in Finland. Two of my siblings have children, my sister is due with her third in June, so maybe they'll lent me some things like clothes. We'll see. It is too early anyway to go on a shopping spree. Right now I am still amazed that I am actually preggo.

#145 ·
fille good luck that the insem went well & good luck for the TWW LOL to the 'man of leather' celebration & quite a turbulent day

friederike yes!!!!! so happy for you and hoping that it's a sticky little bun in the oven xxxx

darcy sorry to hear that & I hope that you enjoy a couple of months off to re-group.

justanotherjenny I hear you! My temps have been up & down all month & haven't O'd so FX'd back on track soon.

#147 ·
Darn it. I tested the link in the preview and everything!

Does this work? My Ovulation Chart

#148 ·
Friederike, thanks for asking. I did have a great birthday beyond the try at babymaking. It was a beautiful day--one of the very first warm and sunny spring days here, and I took the afternoon off work. I did this mostly so I could insem as soon as my package arrived without having to rush back to work, but it meant I had a chill afternoon watching Netflix with my hips raised. First, I walked home from work through downtown in the sunshine, bought a book I've been wanting to read at one of our local bookstores, and immensely enjoyed feeling free and warm! Then in the evening, I went on a mini roadtrip with a couple of friends (just to Burlington, about 45 mins from us) to a Queer Trivia night and dinner out. It was really fun.

In other news, I'm very perplexed by my body. Even though I didn't get a positive OPK until Tuesday, my guess looking at my temps would be that I had O'd on Monday (which would mean a 26 day cycle-it's only been that short twice before in the 4 years I've been tracking)--or that I actually haven't O'd yet. So, yeah, that's fun (in the "not fun at all, what the hell" sense of the term).

#149 ·
Fille - your chart is confusing, but maybe the warmer weather threw things off? For me, when it got warmer this month, I got lower temps because I started sleeping without a blanket. I hope the next days clear it up for you.

Liz - wow thats a lot of dancing veggies. Thank you! How is that wacky cycle of yours going? Did you finally O?

afm -
I am still scared that our hopes will be crushed, because I have pretty constant pains and some brownish spotting since yesterday. But it isn't getting worse, not like really bleeding and the pains get less if I stay in bed. So I canceled work yesterday and won't attend a conference I had signed up today and stay on the couch until monday.

#150 ·
I know there's been some chatter about how light the traffic is on this thread
smile.gif
just wanted to say I'm lurking along! I had to upgrade my browser and can't update my sig for some reason - but we haven't started yet - having some great important conversations before we settle into quest for parenthood. Wishing everyone much luck with their conceiving adventures!

#151 ·
Lizbian, I'm doing better now! Had sooo much going on! Things are settling down again now. Looking for another job and enjoying the little break and all the time I get to spend with DP. Sorry if this time is stressful for you with everything…it'll get better.

KWPX2, I've finally gotten over the worst part of mye cold/allergies. I have just the slightest cough, but compared to how I was feeling before its much better.

Friederike, I am so glad you got your BFP. Congrats!!!
joy.gif
broc1.gif
energy.gif
banana.gif
broc1.gif

Fille, glad that your back on and that your birthday was saved. I'll keep it all crossed for you!

AFM, well considering the sacking..i lost mye primary insurance coverage..but there's still silver lining as I'm still covered under Mums until 26…and 25 is less than 2 months away. We've got to get a move on. Also, with the lack of funding help on mye part I proposed the idea of the KDR to DP and she was pretty receptive. I'm more than confident we can do it on our own, and who know's..we may get lucky on the first try with fresh! I wish everyone the best of luck with everything and promise to stop being so distant. You would think with all this time on mye hands I'd be on here all day! I've actually done MAJOR spring cleaning and have just the gym and one closed to clean out now and I'll be done! Something accomplished lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.