Queer Conceptions: April 2013 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-27-2013, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Lizbian, I'm doing better now! Had sooo much going on! Things are settling down again now. Looking for another job and enjoying the little break and all the time I get to spend with DP. Sorry if this time is stressful for you with everything…it'll get better. 

KWPX2, I've finally gotten over the worst part of mye cold/allergies. I have just the slightest cough, but compared to how I was feeling before its much better.

Friederike,  I am so glad you got your BFP. Congrats!!!joy.gifbroc1.gifenergy.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gif

Fille, glad that your back on and that your birthday was saved. I'll keep it all crossed for you!

AFM, well considering the sacking..i lost mye primary insurance coverage..but there's still silver lining as I'm still covered under Mums until 26…and 25 is less than 2 months away. We've got to get a move on. Also, with the lack of funding help on mye part I proposed the idea of the KDR to DP and she was pretty receptive. I'm more than confident we can do it on our own, and who know's..we may get lucky on the first try with fresh! I wish everyone the best of luck with everything and promise to stop being so distant. You would think with all this time on mye hands I'd be on here all day! I've actually done MAJOR spring cleaning and have just the gym and one closed to clean out now and I'll be done! Something accomplished lol

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Okay, the cramping I've had since last weekend has just turned into heavy AF like pain and the spotting into real bleeding. I am fairly sure, we're loosing the pregnancy.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:27 PM

Oh Friederike I'm so sorry - I hope that isn't the case greensad.gif

me (38) + wife (34), one fabulous fur-son.  Newlyweds starting TTC Feb 2013 for our first baby!

Old 04-27-2013, 01:37 PM

Oh no, Friederike. hug2.gif I'm so sorry. Take good care of yourself. 

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Friederike, hug.gif

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
Old 04-27-2013, 04:36 PM

fille yep it works smile.gif I'm really glad you had a nice birthday & FX it turns into something better.

friederike Nooo I really hope it's not so.

chortles good that you're talking about things & hope you'll know the right time to try.e

fmorris glad you're enjoying the time off & spring cleaning is a very productive thing to be doing.

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 04-27-2013, 06:14 PM

Friederike, while I do not want to give you false hope, I am just dropping in to say that my wife had bleeding at 5-6 weeks that ended us in the ER, and we were sure the pregnancy was over. But they found a heartbeat, and everything turned out ok. I truly hope that is the direction you are headed in. No matter what happens, take care of yourself in this difficult time. Sending my best.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:42 PM

I am so sorry Friederike. *hugs*

me (35) married to dw (28)
TTC#1 with frozen swimmers 
IUI #6 Dec 2013 BFN
IUI #7 Jan 2013 BFP finally but the bean didn't stick
IUI #8 TBD
Old 04-28-2013, 04:51 AM

I'm so sorry, Friederike. hug.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 04-28-2013, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Friederike, I'm so sorry you're going through this experience. I know how hard it can be. 

me (34), dp (39), and baby J who joined us in October 2014!

(Two years and two mcs after we started tcc )
Old 04-29-2013, 12:31 AM

Does anyone want an Ov Watch? Someone on the board handed it down to us. No sensors included. Message me if you are interested. I'd love to send it on to someone who would put it to use.

Me (37), DW (31), and our three sons: L, M & O eyesroll.gif twins.gif 
Old 04-29-2013, 01:06 PM

Just a quick check-in from 5DPO to say that, as of this morning's temp, FF gave me crosshairs on CD16, the day I insemmed. Because I’m officially neurotic and can’t accept things going well without thoroughly examining all the potential ways things could have gone wrong, I’ve discovered that if I take out the positive OPK on CD15 (leaving just the temp curve), FF moves the crosshairs to CD18. This is actually good news, as I was afraid I might have O’d 2 days before insem. If I didn’t O until 2 days after insem, there’s still a chance for long-lived swimmers to hang in there. So, fingers crossed, which is making it very hard to type.... smile.gif

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
Old 04-30-2013, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Fille - since you're using fresh it seems like you have a good chance either way. Now just 9 more days to wait.

Afm - we had a blood test done yesterday and hcg was down to 4, so we're out. It was devastating on the days it happened and we cried a lot, but I am okay now. It was too early to have build a real connection to the embryo as a person. It is more that all the hopes and wishes connected with a baby and parenthood were swept away. I have an US appointment next monday (CD9) where we will decide if we'll try again right away (usually that would be next wednesday) or skip a cycle.

What are your thoughts? I read an early miscarriage/ chemical pregancy might increase the chances for the next month, but I also read that for some women it makes their cycles very whacky and to better wait until everything is normal again.

jenny, you can move me to waiting to O for now.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:51 AM

Friederike I, too, have heard anecdotally about a more fertile response right after an early loss, but I have no data or personal experience to back that up. I think from the physical perspective, your u/s and discussion with your doc are a good idea. It may be very difficult to predict how your cycle is going to respond. How do you feel from an emotional perspective about trying again right away? You sound like you've got a good awareness of your feelings. Are you ready (or as ready as you can be) to get back on the roller coaster again? Do you have a sense as to whether taking a break for a cycle or two would be helpful, or would it maybe be more painful not to try? Take good care of yourself, I'm thinking of you.

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friederike View Post

What are your thoughts? I read an early miscarriage/ chemical pregancy might increase the chances for the next month, but I also read that for some women it makes their cycles very whacky and to better wait until everything is normal again.

Threadcrashing. Yes, I've read that you are more fertile for a few cycles after a loss. As for a whacky cycle after a m/c...I think some of it depends on how far along you were. I had one m/c at 10 weeks and the cycle after that was a bit off. However, I've had a few losses around 5-6 weeks and my cycle was completely fine (and I got pregnant right away). I think someone else pointed out the real issue....are you emotionally ready...? It definitely can't hurt to wait an extra cycle just to make sure everything is ok physically and emotionally. I'm sorry for your loss...it's so very hard hug2.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 04-30-2013, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Friederike:  I'm so sorry for your loss.  :(  xoxoxo hugs to you and DP.

Sorry for the delay in getting everyone moved -- crazy weekend!  Please double check your position and links and let me know if there are any changes that I missed.

Fille: Your chart should be all linked up now!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 04-30-2013, 01:00 PM

Thanks, Jenny!

Friederike, I'm so bummed for you two! I was so hoping it would be one of those happy endings after a scare. I've also heard both that a chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage might increase fertility during the next cycle and that your cycles may be off after a M/C. I think I would want to try again immediately, in the hopes that something good might come from something so heartbreaking, but of course, it depends how you are feeling/how things go with cycles/etc. Will be thinking of you either way!

Old 04-30-2013, 02:09 PM

Friederike I'm really sorry to hear about the M/C but also happy that it shows you can get pregnant. I think that you'll know when you're ready to try again emotionally but good luck for whenever you & DP decide to, whether it's this month or next. . hug2.gif

AFM I O'd on day 28! After almost 6 months of regular cycles it seems my body is now deciding to play up which makes booking in for IVF very difficult as I have no idea when my next cycle is going to start. I've been pretty stressed & busy so hoping that now things are calming down a bit it sorts itself out. I found out I won 2nd place in a writing competition for short lesbian love stories and the anthology will be printed in a few months. Quite amusing & probably not going to tell the parents as I think it's more than my mum will be able to handle smile.gif

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 04-30-2013, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Friederike--I'm so sorry. hug2.gif  I had a very early loss on my 6th cycle too.  We did skip the next month, but that was more because I had taken Clomid.  I think the extra month helped clear it out of my system.  My next cycle was normal.  I would say go for it if you feel up to it mentally and emotionally. 

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:36 PM

All, come join me in our new May QC thread!

Tags
Lgbtq , Trying To Conceive
User Tag List