Queer Conceptions: April 2013

8K views 169 replies 21 participants last post by  fillefantome 
#1 ·
flower.gif
It's April!
flower.gif

SPRINGing into pregnancy?

Please put your updates in BOLD.

GRADUATES: Please click here to share how you got your BFP!

Waiting to O
whistling.gif

Friederike

KWPX2 BFPChart2.gif

JustAnotherJenny blogging.jpg

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2ww
fingersx.gif

FillefantomeBFPChart2.gif

Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be ready
wool.gif

DarcySD

Fmorris28 BFPChart2.gif

Twomommyfamily

Lovestreet13

Lizbian
TineyDreams
Lovingisliving
Scorpioma BFPChart2.gif
Rs11
Darthtunaqueen
TillyBarry

chicken3.gif
2013 Graduates!
chicken3.gif

March * Escher
joy.gif
* Sotohana
joy.gif
* Lea2012
joy.gif
* Amt1015
joy.gif
* SanDiego78
joy.gif

February * Granite
joy.gif

January * Esenbee2
joy.gif
* LindseyW
joy.gif
* Sphinxy
joy.gif

2012 Graduates!
December * Joyseattle * Mrsandmrs & Bigfoot
October * Cordelia15 * PokeyAC * Easttowest * ErinTNgirl * Outdoorsy
September * Wishin'&hopin' * Lisedea * Tandy401
August *Thenewzero * KnittingTigers * TaraL
July * Cananny
May * Mtnlisa
April * Nosreves
March * SkyandTru * JuneBug
February * MidwifeStephPDX * SouthernBelle24
January * Planet * Dandylez

2011 Graduates!
December * DesertSunsets
November * Aljm41910
October * Vienna79 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious * SwtRainbowBrite * Go_Vegan
September * Smilingsara * Ad Astra * Mumquest
August * Prettyisa
July * Onemommyonemama * Southern Fried Karma
June * CrystalPerez * Qmama42
May * KellySF
April * Want2bmumx2 * Indigoscot
March * Graceie * Seraf * 2ezforyou * Mommy55
February * Escher * SharriKitColorado * DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel

2010 Graduates!
November * Mizyellow * AmyPDX * AmandaHope * Cejae
September * Solejean * Painefaria
August * Bttrflygypsy * 2happymamas * LibraryLady
July * Beastie * Gumshoegirl007 * Wehrli
June * Coco
May * Burg * Korey
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & Smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!
December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

See less See more
#2 ·
I didn't think I'd have time to put this up tomorrow night, so it's here for when we're ready for it. I'll put a link up to this post on the March thread tomorrow. As always, please put your updates in BOLD.

#3 ·
Jenny Thank you for volunteering and giving us this shiny new thread!

AFM, No testing today. I can't say why exactly, I just don't feel like daily POASing. My temp was up a bit today which is different from past months on this day (12 dpo). We are waiting to see how I feel today to determine if I will POAS tomorrow. Keeping my FX for everyone but especially FMorris and Twomommy who are anxiously awaiting news as well!

#4 ·
KWPX2: Oh! I see you posted over here! Great sign that your temp is up a bit today! Here's hoping this is it! <3

#6 ·
Jenny: thanks for the lovely new thread!! no news from me... Hey, can you remove the ff chart link from next to my name please? I only did bbt before I started going to the RE and then for that one unmonitored cycle I did at home. Since I'm doing the ultrasounds for timing and then progesterone, bbt no longer had any useful info for me. And it's honestly a pain since I'm usually a poor sleeper, so I don't miss doing it at all.

KWPX: I totally understand not wanting to POAS. I almost want to just wait and see AF rather than see the single line of a bfn. But then I wouldn't know when to stop the progesterone. then another part of me just wants to hurry up, stop progesterone and start my next cycle. FX for you that when you are ready to test, the test will be a positive!!

Fmorris: should we assume no news is good news? I'm eagerly awaiting your next post!!

Afm, 10dpo and feeling as normal as ever. I tested out the trigger yesterday. It wasn't stark white negative but way lighter than the day before, so that was good enough for me to put away the tests. Naturally I was hoping it would have trended darker rather than lighter. I'm feeling a bit hopeless. Though its only my third try, Kel and I started the convo of when to switch to her uterus. While I would love to experience pregnancy, even more so I'd love to be a mom. It's rather devastating though. A few more tries for me though then we reconvene the dialogue.

#7 ·

DP wanted meeh to test even though she wasn't home and I did. Pretty devastated. I text DP the pic with sorry and a sad face and she text back ........ no answer just the dots. I then asked her if she was OK and all she replied was pissed. Well I'm pretty shitty too, thanks for asking. #utterdevestatingdisappointingfailure

#9 ·
Fmorris: Ugh. I'm so sad for you. It really seemed like things were going in the right direction.
hug2.gif
Thinking of you. <3

#12 ·
Thanks for the new thread Jenny! DW and I were talking this morning and I think she might try this month. We have one vial left and instead of paying for storage we might try it on her. Just for the heck of it! It would be a home insem ICI and would probably use a catheter and syringe. DW is on CD3 so if we do this it looks like it would happen within the next 10-12 days. I am guessing we will have a decision made by Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.

FX to those in the TWW! Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

#14 ·
Jenny - thank you for opening the new thread. Love the cute chickens.

Fmorris - I am so sorry for the BFN. It isn't over until AF though.

Twomommy - there is still time for it to get darker. 10DPO would be super early for symptoms. I am rooting for you!

Darcy - good luck with decision making. It sounds like a great idea to just try it and it would be so soon.

#15 ·
twomommy don't worry even if I'm not TTC I'll still be around & will keep you posted on my book - it's about a girl in the 1830s who's sent from Ireland to Australia as a convict - lesbian book.

escher you've done a great job as threadkeeper - thanks!

fmorris gutted for you as everything was looking so good
hug2.gif

lovestreet welcome back! hope your time here is short. Sorry about your loss of insurance - I don't have any insurance at all & can't do IUI or IVF where I live so know the expensive feeling!

kwpx2 good signs, come on BFP.

jenny thanks for the new thread!

darcy insem sounds like a good plan, good luck with it.

AFM busy weekend trying to get house done. Tiled kitchen floor yesterday. Only second time I've done it so chuffed with the results- saving £3k by doing it myself too!

#16 ·
Fmorris:
hug.gif
I'm sorry. What a crappy ending to such a hopeful cycle.
hug.gif

Darcy: Wow! That's an interesting possibility! Have you discussed before having your wife try?

Jenny: Thanks for the pretty new thread!

KWPX2: Not testing today? But how will I get my vicarious testing thrill?
orngtongue.gif

Twomommyfamily: The decision to switch uteri when one person really wants to carry is a big one. You may want to talk to Seraf about her experience with that--she and her former partner switched, and I believe she thinks now that they should have tried longer with her partner before considering switching (back) to her.

Happy Easter!

#17 ·
Fmorris - Well, how ARE you doing? I am terribly sorry to hear about the BFN AND that you didn't get the support you needed from your DP at the time. I hope you two have since had time to hold each other up a bit. Get back up and try it again.

Darcy What interesting news! My wife and I are having some of the same discussions. If this round results in another BFN what do we do? Do we take a little break? Do we swap "vessels" so to speak? Do we just keep on keeping on? Please keep us posted. I wish you wisdom and in your decision making.

Liz Way to put on your tool belt and get to work! Good luck with the home improvement and sale etc. Nothing like keeping busy while you get things in order for the next to come.

Twomommy See also Darcy's message. It is hard having that convo and trying to figure out whats the best line of action. I don't think I am totally out this cycle by any means but you all know how the doubt creeps in and takes hold of things. Keeping FX for you this cycle for sure. Also wishing you wisdom in your decision making.

#18 ·
Twomommy, thanks. what a great way to start the thread :(

JAJenny, Meeh too. Things seemed so promising and i don't think I could have done anything better. hmm.

Darcy, Thanks. Very much needed.

Granite, Boy am I ever so sorry they are as well. I thought this was definately it. I've had some pinkinsh spotting today mixed with CM so i'm thinking the witch may be on her way.

Friederike, Thanks for the kind words. I utterly hate AF with a passion.

Lizbian, meeh too. thanks for the huggies. Pretty impressive saving that much doing it yourself, good job!

Escher, Oh yea it was definately a Hiroshima type ending in mye household. I had to do mye makeup perfectly and very pretty so I wouldnt cry anymore and mess it up..kept mye eyes dry for a few hours. Trying to remain positive though.

KWPX2, Well...I'm pretty disappointed and feel a bit like I've failed. I know even with everything perfect chances are still around 20% but it just seemed like things were going so good. Its always hard. I just want to see those 2 lines so bad.

AFM, Sad. Disappointed. Confused. More than ready for a LO. :(

#20 ·
Jenny, can you please move me to waiting to O! We have decided to give it a try. Escher, we have talked about it briefly and she was always going to try in a few years. I just think it would be such a great twist of fate if this happens to work. Kwpx2 thank you. How long have you been trying? I definitely need the break so that decision had already been made. Each cycle is so costly because of meds and monitoring that I want to make sure my body is ready when I do start trying again. I am going on a strict diet and hope to lose 30 pounds, I will go to acupuncture regularly, start taking herbs and chart while on this break. I hope to try up to 6 more times just to give me a fair shot. I wish you luck in your discussions with DW.

#21 ·
Darcy how exciting! I know the feelings you must be feeling are a mixed bag as you are excited for your partner's potential and also possibly a bit stunned about your taking a break. I think your plan sounds great. It is similar to what we have talked about. I lost nearly 30 pounds before we started but I am wondering if I lost 30 more if it would really improve my chances. Acupuncture is very effective but it seems like you need some time to affect change in your system with it. I began a little late I believe (DW will say she was encouraging me to start much sooner), but I now feel like it has really been a positive therapy. We have given up gluten for many months and personally I am eating low carb, high protein, and moderate fat. Sugar is way down as is coffee intake. SOmeone on another site recommended a book called "The Infertility Cure" forgive me but I can't remember the author. The author is very pro-eastern medicine. Very best wishes to you and your partner! Maybe this is just what you needed? A break physically and mentally and a partner who's system is fresh!

Fmorris How goes it today?

Towmommy How are you feeling?

AFM I didn't POAS today either. I was hot and irritable at 0415 and had to go to the bathroom so bad I didn't waste time trying to open the wrapper (which for some reason I find hard to rip into) on the stick. Tomorrow is the official end of our TWW. Honestly I am a little scared to test. Yesterday my temp went up....today it is up from yesterday. Progesterone or baby? If you care to look at my chart it looks like the beginning of a triphasic chart. None of the other months have plotted my temp rising on these days; previously the trend begins to fall on 12dpo. DW has been so wonderful in turning my downer attitude around. She is fabulously supportive! She was so excited to be awakened by me at 430 this morning to tell her my temp was up...really! I can't wait until I can waker her and show her the BFP. Still hopeful and nervous as hell!

#22 ·
Chortles, thank you so much, I need all the ones I can get.

KWPX2, still pretty disappointed and inclined to just lay in bed.

AFM, AF in, baby out. I had terribly excruciating cramps last night, was just about in tears. Seems like mye body is disgruntled at not being pregnant too.

#23 ·
Darcy: I'm excited that your wife will try this month! DP and I talked about switching to her as soon as I got the low AMH test results in January. But decided to at least give it a few attempts. How is your wife feeling about this? Especially when you say she wasn't planning to try for another couple years. And how are you feeling? I honestly hope she is just perfectly fertile and gets first timers luck! But then I also know that this is not the original plan and must be hard for you as well.

KWPX: yeah, no test here either. And I have no interest in testing. Hearing about your triphasic chart is exciting though!! I hope this is it!

Fmorris: I'm sorry mean ol' AF showed up so painfully. Is this CD1 of your next attempt? Or will you take a break between tries?

Friederike: thanks for the vote of confidence! I kind of am trying to think about when Lindsay got her bfp. I remember she felt nothing and wasn't going to test then low and behold a bfp. Everyone else here seems to get such early symptoms, I just want to feel something.

Escher, thanks, It's interesting to hear that seraf had a difficult uterus switching experience. I'm not ready to wholeheartedly embrace that plan, but when it's time, I will be ready. I think part of getting ready is to think about it now, a few months out and process it. And probably give my therapist a call. I'm keeping my eyes on the prize though, which is motherhood, regardless of the path we take to get there.

AFM, nada. Thinking about next steps.

#24 ·
Fmorris: I'm so sorry that you're having such a rough AF. :-( Just adds insult to injury. Do you think you'll try this month? Should I move you to waiting to O?

KWPX2: Your chart is sounding promising! I'm so amazed when people can refrain from testing! My lack of control of being able to DOOOOOO something is quelled only by obsessively testing. :) I want to know EXACTLY when the trigger leaves my system. I want to know IF I'm getting pregnant at all (even if I were to have a chemical, I think it offers valuable information as far as getting timing right, etc.)

Darcy: I hope your DP has beginner's luck so we can make you a mommy ASAP! I'm sort of relieved, on one hand, to not have to worry about a partner and their desire to birth. I don't know if I would be able to deal with being the NGP (at least not without having been the GP at least once!). I mean, I would LOVE on one hand to see dp pregnant, but on the other hand, I think I would be really jealous. On the other side of the coin, it'd be great to have a fall back uterus... I guess you don't really know until you're in the situation. It sounds like you've really thought it through and I'm glad that you realize that switching vessels doesn't mean that you are out of the game.

#25 ·
Hey, folks. I was trying not to obsess about TTC while I was breaking in January, which meant I needed to step away from Mothering for awhile, but I'm jumping back onto the thread from the start this month, before it gets too intimidating. Jenny, can you move me to the TWW?

I'm actually on my second try with shipped fresh sperm, after taking January off. February was... well, let's just call it a trial run. I got a smiley face on a Clearblue digital on a Saturday, asked my KD to ship that day anyway to arrive Monday (probably not a good choice, since from what I understand the sperm only has about a 24 hr lifespan in the TYB solution). He missed the shipping deadline, so tried to ship it Sunday instead, and I didn't get it until Tuesday. So, ovulated Monday, insem'd O+1 with 48 hr old sperm. Suffice it to say, this constellation of events did not lead to a BFP! I wasn't actually upset/frustrated, since this felt like mostly a learning curve for my KD. I did POAS the day my period started because my LP was mysteriously a day longer than usual, but wasn't disappointed with a BFN because I knew that the timing was so bad.

Last month's experience did help me think through the weekend issue on this month's try. I had already decided that if I got to CD19, last Friday, and hadn't gotten a smiley face yet, I'd ask KD to ship that day, since that's near the longer end of my cycles, and if I hadn't had an LH surge by then, it was really likely I would O over the weekend. Instead, I got a smiley face last Monday, received the shipment and O'd on Tuesday. Unfortunately, there was a vial to syringe "incident" and a very large portion of the valuable goods (probably 80%) ended up spilled, rather than headed in the direction of my cervix. So, while timing was perfect (for the first time, after 2 previous tries), execution was terrible (and I can't blame my KD this time, since he was 2,000 miles away from the whole debacle).

Given the flawed delivery, I'm already expecting to have to try again next month--which is nice in a way, since it means I don't feel particularly frenetic about sign-spotting/POAS, but, of course, sucks overall. That said, it's working out to around $100/month to do things the fresh ship KD sperm route, so I'm willing to accept that the trade-off of the low-cost DIY method is that there may be months when timing is crap and it may take longer to make a baby than some of the other approaches. I have much more time than I do money, that's for sure. Anyway, 6DPO today, and I don't expect I'll test unless my period (expected next Monday) is late, so Tuesday 4/9.

That's all the news here, I think. Try, try again....

I do have one question for everyone--has anyone else had the experience of getting a positive LH surge (smiley face) on a Clearblue digital without ever getting one on an internet cheapie? I've actually never gotten a positive result from an internet strip, but have successfully gotten smiley faces accurately predicting O 2 months in a row using the Clearblue kit. In fact, these past two months I tested for a couple days longer using internet strips, through my BBT-confirmed O, and never saw a positive OPK. Weird or perfectly normal?

#26 ·
I was just thinking how much I missed during my two (okay, three) month hiatus from the board, and was feeling sort of sad and out of the loop, and then I went up and just watched the dancing happy graduate list for a little while, and I'm 100% better now. Good things happened while I was away--many, many good things--and I have faith we'll all be joining that list sooner rather than later!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.