Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April, May & June 2013! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 601 Old 06-12-2013, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay Cordelia! So, so happy for you and your DH! Welcome baby!! You're gonna love it here!

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#482 of 601 Old 06-12-2013, 12:16 PM

jumpers.gifthumbsup.gif joy.gifenergy.gifjumpers.gif

yay cordelia! congrats to your family !

jumpers.gifthumbsup.gif joy.gifenergy.gifjumpers.gif

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#483 of 601 Old 06-12-2013, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Hurrah, cordelia! So happy for you & yours!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#484 of 601 Old 06-12-2013, 03:11 PM

Congrats Cordelia!!!

Me (37), DW (31), and our three sons: L, M & O eyesroll.gif twins.gif 
#485 of 601 Old 06-12-2013, 03:28 PM

Congrats Cordelia!!!!

Good luck on everybody else due this month!

Just waiting over here with no s/s of impending labor ugh but I have 11 days until my due date. We are also working on our second parent adoption so DP is hoping the baby will stay in longer. I'm running out of comfy room in my belly and the baby will not drop! I want to meet this little one soon!

Take care all!!!
#486 of 601 Old 06-12-2013, 04:01 PM

erin: My baby dropped the day after I did curb walking! (walking with one foot on the curb one off, then switching). Stairs can help, too. :)

With DW partners.gif, DD1peace.gif(15), & DD2guitar.gif(11) since '09. Naturally birthed DD3 ecbaby2.gif6/21/13. We familybed1.gif, I bftoddler.gif and I'm a total treehugger.gif.  Family of five females! grouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifLOVE makes a family.             M/C candle.gif 2/10 ~Ahti Pan, forever in my heart.
#487 of 601 Old 06-12-2013, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Congratulations cordelia!  I hope you are healing well and enjoying the baby.  I'm sorry it was scary, but I'm glad you're both well.

coco-That curb walking sounds interesting.  I might have to try that.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#488 of 601 Old 06-13-2013, 06:10 AM

Coco- Never heard of curb walking, but I will definitely be doing it this weekend for sure!! I will also be walking, drinking raspberry tea, doing jumping jacks, and eating spicy food.

As I see each birth on here and my due date club, I get more excited that I am next!!

#489 of 601 Old 06-13-2013, 10:25 AM

Hey all!  I'm kinda slinking back in after being MIA for a while.  I'm a little overwhelmed by a 25 page discussion, but hey, I have to start somewhere I guess!  Anyway, just wanted to join the ranks now that I'm pregnant.  I have PCOS and did multiple IUIs, so I am really excited, but really nervous!  The TTC process was starting to take a toll on me so I could not have asked for a better time to get that amazing BFP.  My EDD is 2/9/14.  I have a non-bio son and an attic full of his stuff, so another boy would be awesome and helpful!  But, of course, my DP thinks it's a girl.  No matter what I'm just happy to be pregnant.  Hope everyone is doing well!

Mama (non-bio) to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifmy little man (6), and mama (bio) to babyboy.gif my tiny man (2/14)
#490 of 601 Old 06-13-2013, 11:40 AM

Welcome gamitzer and congrats!

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#491 of 601 Old 06-13-2013, 02:17 PM

Congratulations gamitzer!  I hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months.  We are happy you are here!

#492 of 601 Old 06-13-2013, 06:07 PM

cananny - I don't know how you did it... I've been on bedrest for 3 1/2 days now and it's driving me crazy. And since I have decreased my activity, any time I get out of bed to go to bathroom or get something to eat, I am out of breath. I can't handle this!

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#493 of 601 Old 06-13-2013, 09:33 PM

Congrats gamitzer! We went through five rounds of IUI before getting our BFP, so I know what you mean. Happy to see you here! How old is your son?

Hope your appointment is soon, S&B, and everything goes well. Bed rest sounds really rough. :(

We started raspberry leaf tea now that we are in the third trimester since it is supposed to do so many wonderful things. I'm wondering if DW would get any of the benefits if I made some and kept it in the fridge to drink iced. I think hot tea is supposed to be better but it might be easier to fit into the many things that have to fit into an increasingly small stomach if she could drink some cold from time to time.

Also curious if anyone has done or is planning to do evening primrose to help things along in the end? We are trying to figure out how this might work in a twin pregnancy timing-wise, though I guess we better ask the midwife at our next appointment. Both babies are currently head down, though a tiny bit sideways. It is still early, though. Measuring 35 weeks at almost 28 weeks! Also, DW passed the final GD test! No 3 hour test this round. No more horrible glucose drinks. Hurray!

Me (37), DW (31), and our three sons: L, M & O eyesroll.gif twins.gif 
#494 of 601 Old 06-13-2013, 10:04 PM

Hello everyone...

I have a brief moment to say hi.. 

Cordelia.. congrats .. cant wait to hear more and hope you are recovering ok

esenbee. yeah bed rest was tough at times.. but i was never on full bed rest so i was still able to get up and go places if i felt up to it.. Why did they put you on BR > how far are you now? Watch lots of netflix and surf the net.. I spent alot of time on Facebook LOL

Hi to everyone else...

Lots of new babies due soon! Cant wait for the next baby boom...

AFM.. Life as a SAHM with three babies is interesting.. my mom left and i am working at getting the boys into a better eating/napping routine.. Most of the time I am doing well.. and they are growing so much these days.. All of them are talking up a storm and cooing and smiling.. they love to go outside already.. we put a pack n play under a tree in the yard and they like lying there looking at the leaves sway back and forth!  They are 3.5 months ( 2 month adjusted) .. August weighs 12 lbs 6 oz.. Gage weighs 9 lbs 4 oz and Finn our little bruiser who was just 3.5 lbs at birth is 11 pounds.. he is so chunky I love it!!  August is mad teething and is generally crabby.. but when u can get hm to smile.. he lights up.. he also likes to laugh... he likes to think hes an only child .. he would prefer if I held him 24.7..so that is a bit of a challenge.. but we are working at him being a little less clingy to me.. Gage is so sweet.. hes very chill and content and is the most talkative.. he still is struggling to gain weight and reflux is still an issue.. but other that that hes so so sweet.. Finn likes to eat.. ALOT.. he can not go 3 hrs between meals.. hes also very happy and always smiling and he was the 1st to laugh.. he is a sweet little guy.. I love seeing their personalities emerge and watch them start to notice each other a little bit more !!

And now some pixs *

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#495 of 601 Old 06-14-2013, 04:45 AM

S+B, when you say hard to breathe, I get a little nervous. Make sure you bring that up with your new doc today. Shortness of breath can be an emergency situation, so if its bad, go to the ER. I'm not trying to scare you, if its mild, no big.

Bigfoot, I steeped RRL tea and then refrigerated it or drank it over ice.

CaNanny, they are stinking adorable.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#496 of 601 Old 06-14-2013, 06:51 AM

Pokey -- There you go, as always, welcoming all the new people and including everyone! I hope you have a great delivery! You deserve it! You are so close now.

Bigfoot -- To answer your question, I'm not using any herbs. It's not really my thing.

Cananny - Glad you are surviving SAHM-hood and enjoying the boys! How nice that you can take them outside under the trees. I am a little paranoid about doing that with mine because we have a lot of Lyme disease in my area, and I don't ticks walking onto the baby! But we are definitely going to teach it to appreciate the outdoors, so I'll just have to be careful.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#497 of 601 Old 06-14-2013, 07:08 AM

Welcome, gamitzer! Congratulations smile.gif

bigfoot, yes, at 36 weeks I'll start EPO vaginally and orally. I did the same with DD. Maybe a bit earlier depending on how things go the next month.

Cananny, it sounds like your boys are already so unique. I'm glad you are savouring it - it does go by so quickly!! A few couples I know with multiples said the first year was just to survive and then it gets easier winky.gif

Afm: I'm just over 32 weeks. Still struggling a bit with my blood sugars but they are mostly under control as long as I get my timing for eating and insulin correct. I didn't have to call the nurse for a few days which was nice but I have to call this morning to check in before the weekend. I think she will tweak the amounts a bit again. I also had a scary day on Wednesday. I was having lots of period type cramping. I had the same for a couple of hours on Tuesday and when it started again on Wednesday I finally called my midwife. I was sent to bed for the day and told to drink a ton of water. By yesterday they were gone. I ran an all day training class on Tuesday and was on my feet all day and likely didn't drink enough water. I'm hoping that's all it was. I'd like this baby to grow for at least another 4 weeks - preferably 6 or 7! I'm back in to see the GD team on Tuesday and my midwife later that same day.

I still feel good overall but some days I wonder how I can possibly get any bigger! I only have 4 weeks of work left! Hooray! DP got offered a steady gig on a tv series that shoots until December so that was awesome news to get yesterday - the industry has really picked up so she may have her pick of shows. We still haven't sold our townhouse unfortunately but we dropped the price this week so hopefully that brings in some more offers. We have to think about moving our beds over in the next few weeks in case baby comes early. Still lots going on as usual bouncy.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#498 of 601 Old 06-14-2013, 08:50 AM

esenbee-Hang in there!  I hope you get some good news soon. 

bigfoot--I'm so glad DW passed the test.  One less thing to worry about.  I started evening primrose oil around 36 weeks.  I started with 1 and increased by 1 each week.  I drank RRL cold all the time when I was TTC.  I would steep the leaves overnight and then strain it in the morning and put some in the fridge.  That's great the babies are head down.  You're planning a vaginal birth, right?  Sounds like things are going well for all of you.

Cananny--They are getting so big!  Plus, they just get cuter every day.

Outdoorsy-Aww, shucks!  Thanks.  I always remember how folks welcomed me when I joined Queer Conceptions.  It made me feel special and like part of the community.  I want others to feel that way too.  I am getting close.  So are you!  I hope you have a great delivery too.  Can't wait to "meet" your little one!  I'm tired and uncomfortable.  How are you?

carmen--I hope your house sells soon and congrats to DP on the new job.  That sounds fun!  Good luck with your last few weeks of work.  I am loving maternity leave.  I'm trying to rest a lot and stay hydrated.  That can be trickier when you are working and get busy. 

AFM-39 weeks now.  Hard to believe.  I went to yoga yesterday.  After that I was pretty tired so I spent most of the day on the couch lying down.  I filed my disability claims and got the car seat inspected so all the big stuff is done.  I'm trying to get a few things done each day and rest a lot.  I haven't had any signs that labor is starting soon so I'm just hanging out.

#499 of 601 Old 06-14-2013, 11:29 AM

Cananny - How adorable are your kids?!  I can't imagine the craziness with three babies, but at least they are cute enough to make up for whatever trouble they give you.  :)

carmen - Good luck with the sale, and I hope your cramping is gone for good!  Congrats to your DP on the job!

pokey - At least you don't have work anymore and can rest up!  Can't believe your boy could be here in a week!

AFU - Four days!  The lovely pokey is letting us park in her parking spot, which is just blocks from the hospital, so one less thing to worry about!  For now, I'm just working my last two days and spending the weekend getting ready for the descending in-laws.  If anyone has any c-section prep/recovery advice, I'm all ears.

C (26) and S (27) and our little N, born June 18, 2013
#500 of 601 Old 06-14-2013, 12:14 PM

hi everyone! i'm almost never on my computer these days, though i've been reading along from my phone. i also tend to post more pics on facebook, so if you're not part of the group there, maybe you should be...

so excited for all the new babies coming, and recently arrived! congrats, cordelia!

afm, jane and theron will be eight weeks old tomorrow! not sure how that happened. the first six weeks were ROUGH, but i feel like we're coming out of the woods now and i'm able to enjoy it all a bit more. you know, right before i have to go back to work.:/ luckily, i have three more weeks off, and will be working from home mostly until august, so i still have time to enjoy them.:)

here are some pics.

just born. jane on the left, theron on the right:

one month:

two month pics coming soon!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#501 of 601 Old 06-14-2013, 01:23 PM

cananny - I was put on full bedrest on Monday until I could get in to my first appointment with the maternal fetal medicine doctor today. I had a scare on Monday with extreme abdominal cramps and it kept up with mild ones so they prescribed me a preterm labor medicine. I am 26 weeks today.

The boys are absolutely adorable!

seraf -didn't go over the shortness of breath with the doctor today, but if it doesn't improve, I'll mention it at my next appointment in a week and a half. Hopefully with increasing my activity, that will ease up. It seems to have started after a few days on bedrest.

as for the rest of the details -we did a full anatomy scan, but being slightly on my back was making me lightheaded so much that we had to keep stopping. They said both boys were doing good and they are close to the same size. They want to continue with the medicine until 28 weeks, but I can go off bedrest and am able to go back to work.

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#502 of 601 Old 06-14-2013, 03:28 PM

Knitting - That first one, where she is holding his elbow and they are leaning into each other is TOO MUCH.  How cute.  I'm sorry the first six weeks were rough (I can imagine!) but so happy you are enjoying it a bit more now. How is your first daughter?  Enjoying being a big sister?  Was your DH able to take off some time?

C (26) and S (27) and our little N, born June 18, 2013
#503 of 601 Old 06-16-2013, 10:25 AM

bigfoot: We have been doing evening primrose since 35 weeks, as recommended by our midwives. I also drink raspberry leaf and nettles every day. Steep it while it's hot, but it will work cold or warm or hot or iced. If you have the dried herbs you can put 1/2 cup into a quart jar and steep it overnight for the best effect.

cannany and knitting tigers: SUCH CUTE BABY PHOTOS!!! Thank you for sharing. :)

esenbee: Glad the boys are looking healthy :)

AFM: At 40weeks+5days I'm SO READY for my baby darlin to arrive. And SO sick of people asking me where the baby is! This final stretch of pregnancy is proving to be the most challenging for me, with the most discomfort and the most emotional ups and downs. Sometimes I just start crying because she isn't here yet or because one too many people asked me that day about her whereabouts, or telling me to tell her to hurry up, or telling me to hurry up....BELIEVE ME, if I could have chosen to have her already I would have! Everyone has their guesses, too, and I just keep watching those days pass...Some folks have predicted today, how ironic if she did arrive on Father's Day. Ha! I just hope she comes soon and I am trying to remain grateful that she is staying in as long as she needs so she can be as healthy as possible. We are going to have a plump, healthy little baby! My heart just aches sometimes I want to hold her in my arms and to my heart so badly.

With DW partners.gif, DD1peace.gif(15), & DD2guitar.gif(11) since '09. Naturally birthed DD3 ecbaby2.gif6/21/13. We familybed1.gif, I bftoddler.gif and I'm a total treehugger.gif.  Family of five females! grouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifLOVE makes a family.             M/C candle.gif 2/10 ~Ahti Pan, forever in my heart.
#504 of 601 Old 06-16-2013, 12:52 PM

Easttowest:  Take your pain meds regularly (your pain should be well controlled that it should not impede you from getting up to the bathroom or getting dressed, you will be sore, but you should be able to move around.  If moving is excruciating, then talk to your doc/MW).  Get up and move around (gently) as soon as you can.  Hold a pillow over your incision to cough.  Do lots of deep breathing to keep junk out of your lungs.  Be EXTREMELY patient with your milk supply, since a cold c-section (no onset of labour) can delay your milk coming in by a day or so (pushing it to day 5).  Lots of skin to skin, keeping hydrated and keeping on top of your post-op pain will help tremendously, since separation, dehydration and pain can all impede milk supply.  That being said, LOTS of women have c-sections and breastfeed with no issues, so it doesn't mean you will have issues (but it's good to be aware of it, which can help take the pressure off if your milk doesn't come in on day 3).  

Standing down from my nursing soap box.  The very best of luck to you, I hope you and DP have an amazing birth and that everything is smooth and beautiful!  Can't wait to see pictures of your LO!  :D

Me (29) and DW (32).  Taking a long break from TTC, back at it sometime in 2015/2016.  2 fur babies cat.gif cat.gif, Mustang and Anastasia.
#505 of 601 Old 06-17-2013, 11:09 AM

Just popping on for a quick update on my story.  easttowest you may NOT want to read this as I am basically everything that can go wrong with a c-section story and since MOST are fine it might just unsettle you so feel free to pop back on later. . 

so i went into labor Monday afternoon, woke up from my nap with contractions 4-5 minutes apart that did not stop.  Called my babysitter to come over until my mom could get there, called DH to leave work and then took myself to the hospital.  By the time I got there they were stronger and closer together.  I quickly dilated to about 7 cm, got an epi after a few hours of non-stop contractions, and I do mean non stop, they were about 2 min apart and 2 minutes long.  My contractions got stronger but I never dilated more.  My cervix did not drop, my babies head was still high and my dr strongly suggested a c-section for multiple reasons.  I waited another hour, at which point my epi stopped working.  No more dilation at all.  I decided to go with a c-section, something was just telling me it was the right choice.   So in I went.  After about 15 minutes I could tell something was wrong.  The whole thing took close to 90 minutes but finally DD was out and I had them put her on my chest before they whisked her away.  She was totally fine.  Apparently when they opened my uterus for the repeat c-section, they found it had thinned to the point of transparency so they could not open me from there, they had to cut higher through some thick scar tissue.  To close me up, took over 90 minutes as well as they had to repair my uterus first.  At some point they thought I had to have a hysterectomy but they managed to avoid that though I can still never have kids again. If I had continued on with labor I would have had a uterine rupture and that could have been VERY bad for both me and DD.  So glad I did not dilate and try to push!   After two hours in recovery I finally got to see DD.   Then after having some leg pain, they sent me for a doppler and found I had blood clots in my legs.  The next morning I woke up with congestion and they sent me for a CT scan and found I also had a pulmonary embolism (clot in my lungs)  I had to pump and dump for 24 hours bc they dye for the tests is contraindicated in breast feeding.   After that I developed a massive headache and they were worried about clots in my brain but thank GOD that went away.   so finally I got to go home!  Now I have to do daily shots to prevent more clots from forming and avoid a lot of foods etc. . all in all an awful scary process, I was really worried I was not going to make it on more than one occasion.   anyway. . hoping everything goes well from here on in, still scary to be dealing with all the clots and stuff but glad I am having treatments and alive!   Hope I took one for the team and everyone else has smooth sailings!!   

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#506 of 601 Old 06-17-2013, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Holy sh*t, cordelia! I see why you suggested e2w skip your post... Yikes! I'm so glad you and DD are okay, relatively speaking. Good luck for a speedy recovery!

Slightly worrying phone call from my midwife this a.m... Last week's u/s showed an almost-previa placenta & possible problems with baby's kidneys greensad.gif
Appt. later this afternoon, will find out more then...

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#507 of 601 Old 06-17-2013, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Cordelia--I'm glad to hear that you and your DD are both ok. That sounds like a terrifying situation. I'm also sorry about not being able to have any more kids--I can't remember if you were planning to stop at 2, but it's got to be a lot to come to terms with even if you expected this to be your last pregnancy. Heal well!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#508 of 601 Old 06-17-2013, 12:24 PM

Granite I hope everything is okay! Placenta prévia is scary but very manageable! And hope kidneys are good too.

Isa we were def planning on stopping at two but it still feels sad somehow but mostly I just feel lucky to be here with my family. Very lucky!

On a totally different note a friend of mine us doing a pretty cool performance about an interracial queer couple making a baby. You can see all the episodes online so if you are interested here is the website.

http://www.anyresemblance.org/

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#509 of 601 Old 06-17-2013, 03:27 PM

I'm sorry your birth was so intense, cordelia hug2.gif That must have been very scary. I'm glad you and baby are ok now and I hope the clots were just a temporary thing.

granite, keep us updated..thinking about you!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#510 of 601 Old 06-17-2013, 05:08 PM

Hey all!

Cordelia and granite: I'm thinking of you guys!

Question: what is the Facebook group and is it for anyone on the forum or do I have to be specifically invited?

Tags
Birth , Pregnancy , Lgbtq

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page