Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April, May & June 2013! - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#541 of 601 Old 06-19-2013, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pokey- I just looked up the acupressure points today and someone is giving me a foot rub even if she does not know it yet!

Prettyisa- Thank you for the "how to" on castor oil! I never thought I would need that advice :/

Knitting- I will be 40+6 on induction day but she does not want to go over the weekend. OB's are not very accepting of natural births. I like her and it's too late to change now. I feel like my birth is getting jacked by the healthcare industry..

Seraf- That may just work!! Couldn't hurt!

Bigfoot- She is going to start with Cytotec which I have only heard horror stories about. Then they break my water the following morning. 10 lb baby!!!! Nooooo!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#542 of 601 Old 06-19-2013, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

erin, my wife's cousin is a midwife, and she prefers to use castor oil over blue/black cohosh. Apparently she has a system and it works to induce very well. As for the blue/black cohosh, I spoke to our herbalist, Heather Nic an Fheisdeir, and feel a lot better about using it. Apparently the risks are more about taking blue cohosh in high doses, and that wouldn't be how to use it to induce labor. Plus, taking it with the black offsets those risks as well. 10 drops of a blue/black cohosh mix per hour. Even if you did this for 15 hours, it wouldn't exceed a normal dosage. You could do this all day, then go to sleep, then do it again the next day. As for the castor oil, I'm not sure what our cousin midwife's system is with it, but apparently there is a system that works well for her but she doesn't think people should do it on their own because it is still an induction.

So, I am 4 cm dilated, they did another sweep, which was a lot more intense today. It was over quickly, though, so it wasn't so bad. Another stress test, baby is doing well. I've had a few contractions that feel different from what I've felt before. I'm also a bit crampy from the sweeping. The braxton hicks contractions I've been having for weeks feel like my whole belly gets really hard and tight, but it's not uncomfortable and sometimes I don't even notice. The few that I just had in the past half hour are lower in my abdomen, and my lower back hurts a little too, but my belly doesn't get very tight...so I'm not sure what I'm feeling. In between those, I've also had some of the tightening ones I've been having for quite a while. I have until Monday before the cut off where they would make me go to the hospital instead of birth center. So, if nothing happens by Friday, our cousin midwife is going to come and help us induce with castor oil. She is confident it will work. If it didn't, I would probably try the blue/black cohosh. We have it in case we decide to use it.

I've been with DW , DD1(16), & DD2(12) since '09. Naturally birthed DD3 6/21/13. . Family of five females! LOVE makes a family.
M/C 2/10 ~Ahti Pan, forever in my heart.
#543 of 601 Old 06-19-2013, 05:52 PM

Coco, How close are they? That doesn't sound unlike labor.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#544 of 601 Old 06-19-2013, 05:58 PM

I've been wondering, seraf! After I had four of them within an hour, I started timing them. So they have been 45 seconds to 1 minute long, and about 6-8 minutes apart. Except for one of them was only 2 1/2 minutes apart from the other, so that was different. I've had 5 of them in the past half an hour.

I've been with DW , DD1(16), & DD2(12) since '09. Naturally birthed DD3 6/21/13. . Family of five females! LOVE makes a family.
#545 of 601 Old 06-19-2013, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

That all sounds good, Coco!  Keep up the good work. 

AFM-Had my OB appointment today.  She said I am 1cm dilated, cervix is soft and she can feel the baby's head is on the cervix applying pressure so that is all good.  She said it is up to us, but it sounds like they are ok with going to 42 weeks.  We have another appointment scheduled for next Wednesday to see her and do a NST.  If we decide on a date we would like to induce, we can let her know and she can try to schedule it at our preferred hospital.  40 weeks tomorrow so I don't want to really think about that for a few more days.  This weekend is a big full moon, so we may not need to worry about it at all.  I don't want to be induced, and I am happy to know that things are happening naturally at this point. Back to waiting.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#546 of 601 Old 06-19-2013, 09:18 PM

Yay, pokey, one centimeter is something! I was one centimeter a week ago. :)

It seems like things are really happening here. My contractions have been continuous for about the past 4 hours. They are currently lasting 1 minute and about 5:30 in between. !!! When they have been 5 minutes in between for a good while, we are calling our cousin midwife and she will head this way (she lives in pdx, about 2 hours away). We don't go into the birth center until they have been 3 minutes apart 1 minute long for 1 hour. The kids went to their grandma's for a while. Our 11 year old is bouncing up and down excited, and the 15 year old is making gag faces and saying babies are annoying. Oh the joy of teenagers. I'm glad to have her out of the house at the moment, lol. Feeling pretty excited, hoping this is the real deal!

#547 of 601 Old 06-19-2013, 09:37 PM

I don't know how I ever thought that not being the biological father would mean I would have trouble bonding with my son. I could not love this baby more!
#548 of 601 Old 06-20-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoBird View Post

Yay, pokey, one centimeter is something! I was one centimeter a week ago. :)

It seems like things are really happening here. My contractions have been continuous for about the past 4 hours. They are currently lasting 1 minute and about 5:30 in between. !!! When they have been 5 minutes in between for a good while, we are calling our cousin midwife and she will head this way (she lives in pdx, about 2 hours away). We don't go into the birth center until they have been 3 minutes apart 1 minute long for 1 hour. The kids went to their grandma's for a while. Our 11 year old is bouncing up and down excited, and the 15 year old is making gag faces and saying babies are annoying. Oh the joy of teenagers. I'm glad to have her out of the house at the moment, lol. Feeling pretty excited, hoping this is the real deal!

coco.. sending you ELV.. come on little one your parents are so excited to meet you!

Pokey.. getting closer.. i cant believe hes gonna be here soon.. I cant wait to see him~~~

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#549 of 601 Old 06-20-2013, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easttowest View Post

I don't know how I ever thought that not being the biological father would mean I would have trouble bonding with my son. I could not love this baby more!

He's beautiful. What you wrote made me cry and laugh. Every day you will learn how much more you love him than the day before. Does he look much like your wife? That was my happiest surprise when Soren came, he looks just like his Mama who I already adore.

Coco, how is it going? Are you holding a baby?

#550 of 601 Old 06-21-2013, 04:37 AM

Easttowest- So happy for you guys!! He is awesome! I hope DP feels the same about our LO but knowing her I'm sure she will!

Pokey- Your cervix likes you better than mine likes me boo! I'm very happy you are progressing on your own!! Full moon better come through for both of us and Coco!

Coco- I really really want to avoid castor oil diarrhea if at all possible but I want to avoid pit more. Black cohosh should be in the mail this morning. What if my cervix is not ripened?? Does that have an effect?
#551 of 601 Old 06-21-2013, 01:30 PM

Coco sounds like you're so close! I think it's so happening now!

Erintn hope you go into labor on your own and if not that you find a way to still make your birth the one you want!

Pokey you are in the home stretch!!! Go baby go! Glad they are giving you the full 42 weeks but hope you don't need it!

E2w. So glad you are deeply in love!! I know dh was so worried prior to the birth if our first and how much he is so in love with our family now and just feels 100% the dad. Oh and your son is perfect

Can't wait to see pics of all the new babies coming !!!

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#552 of 601 Old 06-24-2013, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordelia15 View Post

Can't wait to see pics of all the new babies coming !!!

DITTO!!! I'm on the edge of my seat here, folks, waiting for your updates! <3!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#553 of 601 Old 06-24-2013, 10:42 AM

Me too! Surely there are some new babies out there keeping their parents too busy for the internet. 

E2W - what a beauty! I hope you are having a lot of fun with your new babe.

Me (37), DW (31), and our three sons: L, M & O eyesroll.gif twins.gif 
#554 of 601 Old 06-24-2013, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

HI all!  No baby here yet.  I am 40 weeks plus 4 days.  I think I lost some mucus plug this morning so that's encouraging.  I'm mostly tired and tired.  smile.gif  The super moon seems not to have worked its magic on this baby.  I even went over to Cananny's and rubbed her babies on my belly and nothing.  Hanging in there.  Can't wait to hear some good news!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#555 of 601 Old 06-24-2013, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

LOL! Rubbing babies on belly... To activate that magic baby magnetism! I love it. Thanks for the update, Pokey, and best wishes with you!

#556 of 601 Old 06-24-2013, 01:10 PM

Granite: 20 weeks? Wow!

Pokey: I hope the baby comes soon!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#557 of 601 Old 06-24-2013, 02:11 PM

Hang in there, pokey! Sounds like it won't be long now joy.gif

How's it going, coco?!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#558 of 601 Old 06-25-2013, 10:56 AM

Quick post! I haven't been able to get online because my computer cord crapped out--what timing! Amadora Charlotte was born on Summer Solstice, June 21, at 1am after 32 long hours of labor! She was 8 lbs and 20 1/2 inches long. Strong little baby! Almost lifts her head already! She's perfectly beautiful and healthy. I am SO in love (as if I wasn't already!). It was a long labor and really super intense, but it was also amazing, and well worth it. I'm so glad she's finally here!! I've been thinking of you guys, meaning to post about this, and hoping the best for you all. :)

#559 of 601 Old 06-25-2013, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
coco! Congratulations on your beautiful little girl! I'm glad to hear that it went well. Enjoy your babymoon! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#560 of 601 Old 06-25-2013, 11:59 AM

Yay, coco!! Congrays, mama! She is beautiful! Welcome to the world smile.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#561 of 601 Old 06-25-2013, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Hurrah, Coco! Hurrah, Amadora! And hurrah for the rest of your family too! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!

#562 of 601 Old 06-25-2013, 01:04 PM

Congrats Coco! She is just perfect!

Me (37), DW (31), and our three sons: L, M & O eyesroll.gif twins.gif 
#563 of 601 Old 06-25-2013, 02:27 PM

Coco, wow, she looks huge. What a pretty newborn. I'm kind of biased because she reminds me of one of mine, did you use a bank?

#564 of 601 Old 06-25-2013, 07:01 PM

Congrats, Coco! So beautiful!!!

AFU, we just got back from the beach, where the babies turned two months!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#565 of 601 Old 06-26-2013, 04:50 AM

Agh, such cuteness between new babies and kinda new babies in the photos! I'm looking forward to more as many of you seem to be nearing the end.
AFM just hanging out at 7 weeks, being secretive. Lol

Mama (non-bio) to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifmy little man (6), and mama (bio) to babyboy.gif my tiny man (2/14)
#566 of 601 Old 06-26-2013, 07:23 AM

Congrats Coco, and congrats to everyone waiting to hear DOMA struck down!!!
#567 of 601 Old 06-26-2013, 07:30 AM

coco -she is absolutely beautiful!  So happy that she is healthy! 

joy.gifYAY for the striking down of DOMA!joy.gif

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#568 of 601 Old 06-26-2013, 07:51 AM

Congrats Coco! She looks so great! Definitely a strong one for sure.

And...

Hurrah DOMA is struck down! http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/27/us/politics/supreme-court-gay-marriage.html?_r=0

... though it sounds like the court will still allow states to define marriage, so if you want those Soc Sec, inheritance, and immigration benefits, folks, you may have to move --- or at least get married in another state. We'll see. It depends how the Obama administration writes regs in response, I think.

babyf.gif... due in late June.

#569 of 601 Old 06-26-2013, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Informative article, thanks outdoorsy!

#570 of 601 Old 06-26-2013, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Hey, it's almost the end of June! It'd be good to start a new thread for July/August/September, as this one's getting unwieldy.

Would one of you like to be threadkeeper?

I'm thinking escher, sotohana, poiyt, or baby.fatty... As everyone else will be having babies too soon or too ill with morning sickness!

All you'd need to do is start the thread & maintain the first post on the thread with updated EDDs and births.

Any takers?

Tags
Birth , Pregnancy , Lgbtq

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page