Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April, May & June 2013! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 601 Old 04-05-2013, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Sotohana--I agree--three hours shouldn't make a difference. I think some doctors are even iffy about whether the progesterone helps at all (obviously it's worth doing since plenty of them prescribe it) so try not to worry. Just cuddle the kitten and breathe deep!

Cordelia--no news is indeed good news! Swimming sounds heavenly...

OMOM--calling it homo milk is making me giggle, since of course that's what I've been giving her all along. smile.gif But thanks for your reassurance--I don't think I can pump in the mornings (since I'm nursing in bed as much as possible) but I'll keep it in mind in case we need an emergency stash at some point. And, since you asked so nicely, here is a picture of our little bug this past weekend at our friend's wedding. She loved being in Florida--no socks, plenty of grass and leaves and sticks to play with!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#62 of 601 Old 04-05-2013, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

isa - oh she is the sweetest :)  :) :)

Our rainbow1284.gif family: mommytea6.gif and DW mama luxlove.gif our 4.5 yr old DD 'Z' notes2.gif and 2 yr old DD 'S' femalesling.GIF and hoping for baby.gif

#63 of 601 Old 04-05-2013, 02:10 PM

Just popping in! I have read everything on the new thread, but I am about to leave the house soon, so I won't respond to each individual one right now. Thinking of you all and sending warm thoughts to everyone!

We go April 9th for a bunch of different things, and will basically be spending 4 hours at the hospital, wooohoooo! (Not!)

6:45am~Glucose test

9:30am~Ultrasound

10:00am~Dr. Visit

11:00am~Rhogam shot @ the lab.

Everything is going great so far. On Tuesday the 9th, we will hit 28 weeks!! Most days it feels as if this pregnancy has flown by, which is awesome! Baby boy is kicking and squirming a ton which is also pretty amazing! I am pretty certain that he will be here mid June instead of his DD July 2nd. (It is marked the 4th on here, but it changed to the 2nd, and it was not too much of a change to warrant fixing it here, lol. We lost Elliana at 35 weeks so the doctors say we can basically choose to induce anytime from 35 weeks on, if it causes any stress or anxiety to April. We will hold off as long as possible of course, but they feel inducing at say 36 weeks is safer than her having a stressful mind and body for 4 more weeks with panic and worry. We start NST and AFI's on May 7th, twice per week until baby gets here, and are also now on bi-weekly doctor visits!! Their plan as of now is to take him at any point that the NST comes back failed. Our baby shower is mid May, and we are lookng forward to that. 40 people have RSVP's so far, so I am sure we will be bombarded with too much! Lol. We have had a lot of amazing hand me downs. I will try to remember to post a pic of his room asap. Anyhow enough on us, ya'll take care & I will keep reading your updates! (I tend to stay onthe FB board more often, so I will have to try and remind myself to frequent here more.... :)

rainbow1284.gifApril & Jenn--Mommy & Mama To Three Kiddos, DS-17 jammin.gif DS-14 wild.gif & DD-12 hearts.gif Rest in Peace sweet Elliana, our DD who was stillborn 10-1-11. You will forever be our Sunshine coolshine.gif Cautiously anticipating our rainbow baby on the 4th of July!! rainbow1284.gif

#64 of 601 Old 04-05-2013, 02:22 PM

Omom, hee hee, homo milk. I loved your home birth/hospital birth post by the way.

Escher, I know I'm meddling. I expect everyone will do for their family what they see as best. The reason I feel qualified to have an opinion on the one I didn't do is because:
1. I have experienced conception and pregnancy through nursing.
2. I have watched my partner's pregnancy while raising an infant (despite the fact that she actually got to sleep and didn't nurse him).
3. I am well aware of the hormonal challenges of pregnancy and the postpartum year and what STACKING those hormones can do to a relationship.
4. I am painfully clear on the amount of damage a supervised young toddler can inflict on a defenseless infant (Soren still has all 10 fingers AND toes and hasn't been carried far by his head thanks to supervision. We all have to use the toilet sometimes and toddlers are like ninjas! Oh, I guess S just stepped on S2 while Sara was nursing S2 to sleep).

Pokey, babe magnet?

Isa, that's a lovely picture of her.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#65 of 601 Old 04-05-2013, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post

Pokey, babe magnet?

Ha ha!  I never thought of that one.  ROTFLMAO.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#66 of 601 Old 04-06-2013, 08:32 AM

Short post as I'm getting on a plane today! Eek! Just spent 15 minutes putting on the compression stockings prescribed by my midwife....good times. I'm not feeling like a beautiful queen that's for sure lol For those who asked, no, I've never been to Japan before, I'll be in Tokyo and Nagoya for work for 6 days then to Kyoto and back to Tokyo for 4 days on my own.

Quick 2 cents on the milk thing...DD has never had cow's milk. Actually, I think she had chocolate milk at my aunt's once or twice. We don't hate milk or anything - we use it in our tea and eat lots of other cow's milk products (yogurt, cheese) but we just didn't feel there was a need for it. I have heard that goat's milk can be a good choice too.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#67 of 601 Old 04-06-2013, 08:58 AM

Safe travels, Carmen! Fingers crossed that you get upgraded!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#68 of 601 Old 04-06-2013, 09:53 AM

Have a great trip, Carmen! Baby powder or cornstarch on your feet and legs next time you have to hose up might help.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#69 of 601 Old 04-07-2013, 12:13 PM

For those of you not on facebook...

Baby C (Miles) was transported by ambulance (the weather wouldn't allow the helicopter..greensad.gif ) last Monday down to a Children's Hospital because of a scary bowel infection (NEC--or Necrotizing Enterocolitis). He is now stablized without surgery but still is not allowed to eat until x-rays show that his infection is gone. My wife and I are now split up between the two hospitals that are 3 hours apart. It's horrible but we are managing. Sawyer and Elliott are doing fine--we are looking at another week or two in the NICU for them (they are doing so well it might be closer to the week) but it might be a bit longer for Miles. This is definitely the hardest thing I have ever had to do but each day gets a little better as he improves. It is difficult to see just pictures of the other two babies though and realize how much they change every day. It's sad that I am missing so much.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#70 of 601 Old 04-07-2013, 12:34 PM

My goodness! Our new spring board has blown up! Spent the last 1 hr 20 minutes catching up! Things have been going pretty well... 16 weeks now. Still haven't heard the heartbeat with the fetoscope greensad.gif Our big ultrasound is May 2! Can't wait to find out the sex. DSp is almost dying in anticipation! We've met with a doula and really liked her and are meeting with the last one next weekend, then deciding on which one we like best. We've also been looking around at bigger houses with another bed and bath, but it doesn't look like moving will happen before the baby arrives greensad.gif So we decided on a mini crib that we will keep in our room for a while because DD's room is jammed packed with toys that really have no other place....

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#71 of 601 Old 04-07-2013, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Oh, Lise. I'm so sorry. I'm glad that he's doing well, though, and that the scary part is mostly past. I hope that he recovers quickly and that you can take all three boys home with you and not have to be separated any more.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#72 of 601 Old 04-07-2013, 06:20 PM

Oh LISE--so sorry to hear about Miles' illness, I hope he recovers quickly so he can join his brothers and you can all be reunited. Nec is scary...hugs to you.

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#73 of 601 Old 04-07-2013, 07:57 PM

lisedea. . so sorry to hear about Miles, I hope he heals quickly and you all get home soon. . NICU is stressful enough without being separated and having infection on top of it. . 

tourneymom..sending good thoughts your way for a smooth rest of pregnancy and I can def see how the end would be filled with more anxiety.. 

Me (39)  and DH (FTM 40) and DS 17 months old.  TTC# 2 via KD  

#74 of 601 Old 04-08-2013, 09:55 AM

Lisedea: What a hard situation. I'm so sorry you're having to go through that. hug.gif Is there anything that we can do to help? Anything that can be mailed that would be useful to you?

Esenbee: We have our son's crib in our room and it has worked beautifully so far.

Carmen: I hope your trip is going well!

Tourney: Good luck with all the appointments tomorrow!

Isa: She is absolutely adorable. What a great picture.

Pokey: Since the smiley is called "sticky," I've always assumed that it is trying to keep the embryo from miscarrying. So a magnet helps to hold things close? But I agree that it looks like a baby, not an embryo. And the diaper is funny. It never seemed odd to me until you brought it up, but when I try to explain I agree it seems pretty weird!

Cordelia: Good luck with your u/s tomorrow!

AFM: I think I had my first (luckily minor) experience of mastitis this weekend! I guess I will be continuing to pump at work for a while.....

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#75 of 601 Old 04-08-2013, 11:33 AM

lisedea that must be so hard! Are you and your wife able to switch to spend time with the baby/babies that you don't get to see?

Me (S-26), DSp (B-29) married rainbow1284.gif May 21, 2010 in Connecticut. DD babygirl.gif (L-4). dog2.gif Billa,  dog2.gif Hurley, dog2.gif Spitfire (Leroy) and cat.gif Nollie too!
* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * belly.gif * 36 * !38! * 40 - stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif EDD 9.5.13

#76 of 601 Old 04-08-2013, 03:20 PM

Carmen - we are going to find out... tomorrow! I hope. It's an hour and a half ultrasound appointment. With my son, he did not cooperate position-wise and it was fun to be surprised. I hope everything goes smoothly in Japan and you get to enjoy the trip even though it is for work.

Isa - sorry about the losses in your family. It sounds like Edie is at a really fun age. And what a cutie!

Pokey - hurray about the placenta! That is such great news and must be such a relief. 

Erin - sorry about the GTT. We are gearing up to take our first one (due to PCOS and twins DW is at a higher risk to develop it so they are testing twice). After eating out while travelling for a week and still dealing with nausea and food aversions at times we are worried. Hopefully yours was a false alarm and your 3 hour test shows better results. I hear a lot of people do fine on the 3 hour after getting worried over the initial test.

Tigers - I am excited those babies keep hanging in there for you! I can't wait to hear their non-earthy DP approved names when they are born!

Seraf - I'm loving S1's curls!

Cordelia - glad to hear everything is going well still.

Lisedea - I'm so sorry about Miles stomach issues and sending lots of good thoughts for your family to be reunited ASAP!

Tourney - woohoo, 28 weeks!

AFU - home from a super fun spring break trip and trying to adjust to reality, although I have a couple more days off and then leave town for work. The big, long ultrasound is tomorrow and we are super excited to see the babies and find out the sex. DW had me do the needle test this morning and it said girl and then boy. We will see! The babies keep getting bigger and one surprised us both with a big kick when I rubbed DW's belly first thing this morning. Both babies are pretty active, but usually I can only feel tiny little taps. 

Me (37), DW (31), and our three sons: L, M & O eyesroll.gif twins.gif 
#77 of 601 Old 04-09-2013, 08:24 AM

Tourney - hope all those appointments today go well!

Lisedea - Oh, dear. I am so sorry for the pain and stress you are all under. Sending all of my healing wishes to little Miles and hoping you are all back in the same place again, feeling good! Big hugs for you. hug2.gif

Bigfoot - So excited for you to have your big appointment today! (And hi, m&m!!)

Afm, so many of us have check-ups today! I go in tonight to rotate through seeing another doc in my ob/midwife practice for a check-up. I don't think they'll do an U/S since I just did my nuchal two weeks ago. But I do have lots to talk about with them... TMI warning (urinating woes): Well, it's hurts to pee. I know seraf commented a while back that this can happen to women who have a tipped uterus, so I'm hoping it's just that, but I had kind of thought that a tipped uterus usually straightens itself out during the first trimester. I've never had any bladder infections or UTIs in the past, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. It's just like.. when I sit down, I feel like my body doesn't know where my bladder is anymore so it takes a minute to get started - does that sound odd?!? And I just feel kind of sore and crampy inside when I try to go. Oh, I hope it's nothing bad!

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#78 of 601 Old 04-09-2013, 11:47 AM

Hello

I thought id bombard u with some cute pics!  the one of 6 babies is our friends triplets who are 7 weeks older :)

Isa.. she is soooo cute

pokey.. ty for coming to baby wrangle the other night.. sorry August peed on you :)

Tourney.. good luck on your tests

Bigfoot.. Im guessing 2 boys.. 

Spinx.. hope you get some relief soon

Carmen.. have a good trip

Hi to anyone I missed

AFU.. boys are term now my due date was April 7th.. they are 6 weeks old and growing.. August is almost 8lbs and Finn is 5 lbs 13 oz and then there is our little Gage.. He is not gaining well.. he only gained 1/2 oz in a week.. he has pretty bad reflux and spits up alot.. the dr is concerned and if he does not gain he will have to be admitted to childrens.. We upped the calories in his formula to 26 ( normal is 20)  and are fortifing breast milk with a scoop of formula. he also is being fed 1-1.5 oz every 2 hrs .. hoping all this can help him gain.. Please send growth thoughts for our little man.. 

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#79 of 601 Old 04-09-2013, 11:54 AM

You can do it, Gage! Sending lots of healthy, growing thoughts!

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#80 of 601 Old 04-09-2013, 12:10 PM

sphinxy - I have a tipped uterus as well. My experience was that when my bladder was full it was difficult to start peeing. The pain was because it was difficult to start, but when it started I was okay (except the aftermath feeling of really having to go but being blocked). Blocked is how I would best describe it. When I really had to go being blocked was quite painful.

This tipped uterus blocking is typically around 10-16 weeks, for me it was just around 13-14 weeks.

IF you are feeling stinging or other sensations, likely you should get tested for UTI - because that is a serious thing to have when you are pregnant (right? I think so)

I found it got gradually worse (being blocked) until the uterus grew out of my pelvis. I ended up in the ER to get a cath once. AFter that I set an alarm to go off through the night ever 2-3 hours to pee, because the problem was mainly when my bladder was full. And I had to remember to go often during the day too. A pain, a bit stressful, but was a short time period for me. It also helped to go on all fours with my head on the floor and my butt in the air. TMI but a few times I had to take a shower to help me pee. There were times I was desparate to pee and tried all kinds of positions to get things flowing...

My uterus is tipped still after pregnancy, so if we have a third I'll watch for it again. Highly recommend waking every 2-3 hours. It is so much better than waiting in an ER for several hours desparate to pee. I felt like I might explode, but was not an emergent situation so had to wait.

Our rainbow1284.gif family: mommytea6.gif and DW mama luxlove.gif our 4.5 yr old DD 'Z' notes2.gif and 2 yr old DD 'S' femalesling.GIF and hoping for baby.gif

#81 of 601 Old 04-09-2013, 12:22 PM

omom, this is SO helpful, thank you!!!! I've just finished up my 14th week. I called my doc's office since I had the appt tonight anyway, and they made a note to collect a urine sample while I'm there to test for a UTI just in case. But this sounds a lot like what I'm experiencing, so I will try your tips for sure either way.

#82 of 601 Old 04-09-2013, 12:34 PM

sphinxy -  I remember being overwhelmed by it at the time, but had forgotten about it by the end of the pregnancy. It will hopefully be a short time frame for you and soon will be a thing of the past :)

I also remember lifting my uterus/belly with my hands (pushing it in and up to hold up my belly a bit).  it did help too. I googled it then and found some helpful positions. Most say hands and knees with head on floor and bum in the air. If you are really stuck you can lay like that in the tub and pee in that position with a hot shower on your back... been there...lol.

also I stopped drinking water/etc after supper and tried to drink more in the day when I was up to pee.

but seriously. all of a sudden it wasn't an issue anymore. uterus was a tiny bit bigger and there was absolutely no more problems. I hope the same for you :) take care :)

#83 of 601 Old 04-09-2013, 04:03 PM

Im just drive-by posting on my phone to say we're expecting two boys! There is something in the water around here. I am so f-ing excited!

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#84 of 601 Old 04-09-2013, 04:32 PM

Congrats m&m and bigfoot! There is so something in the water.. er... internet connection! 

ETA - By the way, I assume you'll have to wait until they are born to determine whether they are identical or fraternal, no? Or do you know that you caught two different eggs? I'm just curious, sorry if I'm prying...

#85 of 601 Old 04-09-2013, 04:57 PM

mrs and bigfoot - congrats!!! yippee!!!! :)

#86 of 601 Old 04-09-2013, 05:09 PM

Yay! Congrats Mrs, Mrs, and Bigfoot!

DW (39) and I (32) have been married since October 2010. We have been kitty mommies to Georgio cat.gif and Bella cat.gif for a while now, but we're now real mommies to one beautiful little girl babygirl.gif, Olivia Grace, born 11/19/13 at 5:56am.
#87 of 601 Old 04-09-2013, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Yay, mrsandmrs and bigfoot! SO MANY MALES COMING FROM SO MANY FEMALES AROUND HERE!!! It's crazy rad.

I'm trying to keep up with y'all, but rarely have anything to say... baby.fatty, I'm hearing you on that first trimester exhaustion. But! I had my second appointment with my midwife today, and got to hear the baby's heartbeat! It was so loud and fast! It made me really happy.

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#88 of 601 Old 04-09-2013, 05:33 PM

Seriously, so many of us had appointments today! Yay, granite, so happy for yo! I heard my baby's heartbeat again today, too. Never gets old. DW has been walking around all night singing a modified version of that old Herman's Hermits song "baby, baby, we can hear your heartbeat..." whistling.gif

#89 of 601 Old 04-09-2013, 05:50 PM

cordelia- how did the US go?

prettyisa- you have a beautiful little lady!

tourneymama- hope all your tests and busy day went well!

carmen - hope your trip goes well! keep those hose on!

lise - so sorry you have to be separated from half of your family...I hope little Miles is doing better!

esenbee2- it took a while for us to hear our heartbeat because of the placenta placement, which was really scary. I hope your next ultrasound goes well!

sphinxy- hope your bladder is doing better...I had the exact symptoms right around that time.

cananny- beautiful pics! Grow little man grow!

mrsandmrs & bigfoot- yay for boys!!! I'm sure that's what I'm having, too, just a feeling...

AFU: We had a big day Friday with my 3hr test and our 4D US. Luckily, I passed my test!!!! I only had one high number. The 4D was really awesome and entertaining to say the least. The tech said the 3hr test usually makes the baby have a sugar crash, so we did not get many front pics only profiles, which is fine. There really is a little person growing in there...I think DP was more freaked out than me! I will try and attach pictures.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

#90 of 601 Old 04-09-2013, 07:06 PM

Yay for all the good appointments! Erin, what a cutie!

mrsandmrs and Bigfoot- yay for boys! (Still not sure how I ended up with a girl in the mix).

Lise, thinking of you guys.

Isa, I meant to say before, what a cutie! Beautiful picture.

Carmen, hope you're hanging in there, and enjoying Japan.

AFM, I'll be 37 weeks on Thursday and every part of my body hurts. Seriously. My feet are the size of orcas

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Tags
Birth , Pregnancy , Lgbtq

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page