new here, new queer - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-29-2013, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hehe, I made a rhyme. 

Hi, I'm Fox. Pseudonym, not sorry. I chose that name because I am definitely a red fox, my partner tagged me as such before we'd even discussed totem animals and Fox was the name my coparent wanted if we'd borne a male child. After Fox Mulder of the XFiles. Seems so appropo. I've known about mothering.com forum for ages, but never signed up. Signed up now specifically for the queer forum. I've read through some o' the threads, seems like the right place to come out into. 

I've been in the parenting forum game for quite a few. My children are 5.5 and 2. I babywear, breast feed, succeed more often than fail at AP and positive parenting. 

I am here in the queer parenting forum because I am newly not-cohabitating-with-my-coparent. I finally left a hetero-normative-monogamous relationship about 8 months ago and it couldn't be grander. I am no longer a housewife. I no longer feel obligated to be a nice, pretty, demure, silly girl. Feel grand. Feel like a million and more. 

But now I have to figure out who I am on my own. I have always been bisexual. I have always been non cisgendered. I have always been comfortable in my own body and agency, but only recently have learned the language/s associated. 

I have so many questions about who I am, who I've been, who I get to be. Most of them are for myself to ask and answer, but some of them I need outside answers, help and advice on. 

I would love to meet folks who have experience in newly exploring their queerness with kids around. I'd love to meet folks who have experience in 'coming out' to people who've known them as one way their whole lives. I'd love to meet folks who are comfortable in their body, but not with their binary pronouns. I'd love to meet folks who are poly and parenting. I'd love to meet folks who can help me to be a better ally to myself and those I care about. 

Beyond that I like cooking, walking, caring for my kiddoes among lots of other things. I am 27 and going back to school in the fall to finish my undergrad. From New England, born and raised. 

Who are you? 

#2 of 3 Old 04-30-2013, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome, Fox! I came out when I was pretty young (to some at age 14, to many at 16, and to everyone else at 19), so I don't know how helpful my coming-out stories would be to you. I am married to a wonderful woman who already had two girls (now ages 15 and 10), and I am currently pregnant with our third daughter, due in June. We live in a very accepting area, so it is not a struggle for our family the way it would be in other parts of the country. Although, our teenager is dealing with her own homophobia and mostly is just frustrated that we aren't perfectly "normal". She will learn eventually that there is no "normal" and that she has it pretty good with a mom and stepmom who take good care of her and love her very much. This is a great forum, I was glad to find it as well. Hope you find some support/inspiration here!

With DW partners.gif, DD1peace.gif(15), & DD2guitar.gif(11) since '09. Naturally birthed DD3 ecbaby2.gif6/21/13. We familybed1.gif, I bftoddler.gif and I'm a total treehugger.gif.  Family of five females! grouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifLOVE makes a family.             M/C candle.gif 2/10 ~Ahti Pan, forever in my heart.
#3 of 3 Old 04-30-2013, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Welcome.gif Foxli!  I don't have much experience to share as I came out a while ago and I am not quite yet a parent, but I'm glad you're here!  It sounds like you have been going through quite a transition in identity and life in general lately.  I hope we can offer lots of support.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page