Queer Conceptions: May 2013

5K views 138 replies 19 participants last post by  friederike 
#1 ·
flower.gif
It's May!
flower.gif

SPRINGing into pregnancy?

Please put your updates in BOLD.

GRADUATES: Please click here to share how you got your BFP!

Waiting to O
whistling.gif

heart-n-bones
Friederike
fillefantome BFPChart2.gif
BByH1Pr
KWPX2 BFPChart2.gif
JustAnotherJenny blogging.jpg

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2ww
fingersx.gif

mamaetmaman
jwaite05

Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be ready
wool.gif

lea2012
SanDiego78
DarcySD
Fmorris28 BFPChart2.gif
Twomommyfamily
Lovestreet13
Lizbian
TineyDreams
Lovingisliving
Scorpioma BFPChart2.gif
Rs11
Darthtunaqueen
TillyBarry

chicken3.gif
2013 Graduates!
chicken3.gif

March * Escher
joy.gif
* Sotohana
joy.gif
* Amt1015
joy.gif

February * Granite
joy.gif

January * Esenbee2
joy.gif
* LindseyW
joy.gif
* Sphinxy
joy.gif

2012 Graduates!
December * Joyseattle * Mrsandmrs & Bigfoot
October * Cordelia15 * PokeyAC * Easttowest * ErinTNgirl * Outdoorsy
September * Wishin'&hopin' * Lisedea * Tandy401
August *Thenewzero * KnittingTigers * TaraL
July * Cananny
May * Mtnlisa
April * Nosreves
March * SkyandTru * JuneBug
February * MidwifeStephPDX * SouthernBelle24
January * Planet * Dandylez

2011 Graduates!
December * DesertSunsets
November * Aljm41910
October * Vienna79 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious * SwtRainbowBrite * Go_Vegan
September * Smilingsara * Ad Astra * Mumquest
August * Prettyisa
July * Onemommyonemama * Southern Fried Karma
June * CrystalPerez * Qmama42
May * KellySF
April * Want2bmumx2 * Indigoscot
March * Graceie * Seraf * 2ezforyou * Mommy55
February * Escher * SharriKitColorado * DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel

2010 Graduates!
November * Mizyellow * AmyPDX * AmandaHope * Cejae
September * Solejean * Painefaria
August * Bttrflygypsy * 2happymamas * LibraryLady
July * Beastie * Gumshoegirl007 * Wehrli
June * Coco
May * Burg * Korey
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & Smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!
December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks fille.

May - what a great month for babymaking. May comes from Maia, a Greek and Roman goddess. In Greek it meant mother and midwife. Hermes and Mercury are her children. In Latin she is the Great or Grower. A goddess of fertility. This has to mean something good for this board, right?

afm - thank you all for your comments in the old thread. I think we're psychologicall ready to try again right away. My DP was more shaken up than me actually I think. We only have a short time-frame, so I am not sure if it might even work. We need to have a ca. 16-17mm follie on mondays US that can be trigged on tuesday with a wednesday insem. Bigger or smaller and we're out. Thursday is a holiday so the office will be closed and a tuesday ovulation would be to early, because I need to order sperm on monday for a wednesday delivery. So I won't be sad if it doesn't work. My short cycles would mean another O at the end of May.
I also originally wanted to do a 73k ultramarathon in May, but I switched my registration to the half-marathon after the positive pregnancy test. If it doesn't work out I'll just switch again and maybe run the regular marathon. The last week was too much of an interruption to do the long ultra, I wouldn't feel comfortable with the stress on my body, but a marathon is pretty routine for me by now. It will be fun.
One thing find hard about the situation is telling people what happened. My mom called me to chat and ask how we were, and I didn't tell her. I often read that you're supposed to tell women around you because it helps, but for now I kinda just want to talk it through with DP, my doc and you guys here.

#3 ·
Friederike: I'm sorry to read about your loss. I was completely devastated when I saw my beta results last month then did another digital test, just 3 days after the first, to see "not pregnant". But like you, it was too early for me to get deeply attached to the pregnancy. However is was extremely painful nonetheless. I'm glad you are moving forward and trying again right away. I hope your follie cooperates with your timeframe!! I have chosen to believe that indeed you are extra fertile after an early loss and your body knows the drill of what you want it to do this next time! I have my fingers crossed for you!

I hope everyone else is doing well!

#4 ·
Hey y'all!

I'm a 2008 graduate. Daughter was born in 2009, just celebrated her 4th birthday last week. Been absent from the boards for a while. Honestly, didn't think I'd ever be back here. After our daughter was born, DP was determined not to have another. I wanted more, but had made peace with only having one. Then in January DP asked me if we could try for another. So here we go! This month will be our first try, probably gonna happen this weekend. BabyDaddy is on board and waiting for the call to come. I'm excited, but nervous. DP's mostly just nervous. I guess we'll see. Anyway, mark me down in the Waiting to O category.

#5 ·
Welcome back, heart-n-bones!

#6 ·
Hi everyone....I hope you're all doing well. We are back on this board, unfortunately our last BFP resulted in a non-viable pregnancy, (we never saw a heartbeat) and my wife is having a D&C tomorrow. The last few weeks have been extremely difficult & heartbreaking as you can imagine. It's especially upsetting to ask you fillefantome that you please remove me from the graduates list, & move me to 'taking a break.'

We are not giving up, and will continue on the TTC journey for as long as it takes. My wife will soon be getting additional testing, we will get to the bottom of all these failed pregnancies.

#7 ·
heart-n-bones - welcome back.Good luck for the upcoming process. Weekends are great for a more relaxed babymaking. Are you carrying or is your wife? Will it be the same mom gestating? I am also curious how the BabyDaddy relationship works in your family. Is he close by and involved in your daughters life? How was the TTC process with the first round?

SanDiego - I am so so incredibly sorry.
hug2.gif
I hope you'll find out what is happing with your wife and that you'll find a solution that solves the issue. I wish you a lot of strength for this journey, especially for your relationship as a couple. It's so hard to go through.

#8 ·
heart-n-bones welcome back & I'm glad DP decided she wanted another!

Friederike glad you're back in the saddle & hope the follies sort themselves out.

sandiego I'm really, really sorry to hear that & understand how difficult the last few weeks must have been for you.
hug2.gif

twomommy Hellooooo!!!

AFM Just hanging around waiting for my body to sort itself out after O on day 28, still hoping for June IVF but not sure yet on timing as teaching a lot so have limited time off. We'll see, if not July it is.

#9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome back. I'll be the one carrying (and I carried our daughter). BabyDaddy is DP's brother. He has been very involved with our daughter. She knows he is her father and they are pretty close. But she also completely understands that DP and I are her parents. I used to work in adoption and feel very passionate about using a known donor. Fortunately it worked out well for us to use DP's brother.

TTC last time was fairly easy. Got pregnant on the 3rd try. Fresh insem at home. Fairly uneventful pregnancy. Hopeful this go round will be more of the same.

#10 ·
Fille: Thanks for the pretty new thread! When will you start testing? Your chart looks good so far.
fingersx.gif

Friederike: I hope that your ultrasound on Monday goes well and that you are able to insem this cycle. We had several early losses before our son, and I thought that one of the hardest parts was taking time off afterwards. I never wanted to talk to many people about it either. The nice thing about an online message board is that you can get support when you need it and you don't have to talk about it all the time if you don't want to.

Twomommyfamily: It's good to hear from you. How are you doing?

Welcome back, Heart-n-bones!

SanDiego:
hug.gif
I'm sorry. It's hard to have to move off the graduates list. Hopefully you are back permanently soon. I hope the D&C goes smoothly today.
hug.gif

Lizbian: I hope the timing works out!
fingersx.gif

Hi to everyone else!

#11 ·
Escher, since the possible "implantation dip" on my chart at 7DPO, I've been POAS--OPKs, that is--for the past 2 mornings. I have a ton of them, and while I know it's not a reliable method of determining pregnancy (and certainly not in advance of when an HPT would go positive), it makes me more patient/willing to wait for when I actually want to test. I'm trying to hold out until 15 DPO, to only test if my period is actually late (HPTs are in short supply, and I don't want to use the few I have on fruitless testing the day my period starts). If the science experiment that is using OPKs instead of HPTs yields a positive result at some point, then I'll probably go ahead and test "for real," but otherwise, I won't be testing until next Thursday. (Which may still be too early, if I actually O'd on CD18.)

No symptoms, except really obnoxiously sore breasts since about 5DPO--which happens every month, even though I'm agonizingly more aware of it now that it could be something other than PMS. So, I'm attempting to stay neutral and calm. Work is VERY busy and stressful right now, and promising to get worse for at least the next month, and I'm trying to let that help me put TTC to the back of my mind. (A mixed result, in many ways, as I'm here on my lunch break.)

#12 ·
fille - hoping you're continuing to find the patience you need to hold out on testing. It's hard waiting.

We are inseming tonight and probably tomorrow. It's a little early. No +OPK yet. Other signs are looking hopeful, but not quite there yet for O. But BabyDaddy drives a delivery route out of state during the week, so it's gotta be now. Hopefully the swimmers will hang around a bit till I ovulate, which should be soon. I'm pretty regular; and according to my usual cycle, I should ovulate Monday or Tuesday. Here's hoping for some patient, long-lived swimmers!

#13 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to this entire site, and I'm so glad that it exists! DW and I will be TTC for the very first time this month. We are just waiting for me to ovulate, which will be trickier than usual because I got hit with a nasty two-week flu that really knocked me off my feet.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll hear more from me.

Babydust to all!

#15 ·
HI All,

I'm new to this thread, this blogging thing, as well.

My DW and I have been TTC this time around since Jan 2013. (We tried 2 yrs ago twice, with frozen sperm, with no success of conception).

THIS MONTH is a little different for us because we recently found a KD in our area that will come to our home to donate!! This has been a huge step for us, as we were travelling 3 hours to the last KD, staying in a hotel room, etc. etc.. Huge relief to BD in my own bed ;D

I am the one carrying, and my biggest drawback is age. I just turned 39. Otherwise, I am healthy and happy, have a 9 yr old DS, and have been with DW for almost 5 1/2 yrs (married for 1 yr).

So, we tried for the first time with our new KD at the beginning of this past week. O happened a couple of days early for me, as far as I could tell. I have tested so many different ways when it comes to predicting O and WOW! What an un-exact science! The best predictor for me thus far has been a fertility microscope. I've used that for the last 3 cycles, and have also gotten the strips to show P at the same time as the microscope. I was ready to throw all strips away (LOL) at one point because I never got a positive read, or it was a very faint line.

I have enjoyed reading where ppl are at in their processes, and am looking forward to sharing our journey as well.

Here's to the TWW!! (5 days down, 9 to go:))

#16 ·
Welcome, mamaetmaman and jwaite05. Wishing you a speedy journey through our ranks and out the other side! (I've added you to the appropriate spots in the intro post, I think--let me know if/when you need to be moved.)

AFM, I'm still in the TWW holding pattern, but happy that there are no signs of impending AF. My biggest fear about this cycle was that, despite neg OPKs, I actually O'd on CD14, which would mean my CD16 insem was far too late. If I did O on CD14, my period would come tomorrow at the latest, so if I make it through tomorrow with no period, that means I insemmed either on O or O-2, and I'm still in the game. So, fingers crossed for an uneventful day tomorrow!

#18 ·
Welcome jwaite. I am so glad that there are new people joining us. Good luck for the rest of the TWW.

afm - I am proud of my ovaries. They did exactly what I wanted them to do. Trigger tomorrow and insem on wednesday. Now we only need to make sure we get our bank to ship out an order on short notice tomorrow.

#19 ·
Friederike: Nice work, body! I'm so glad that the timing worked perfectly!

Fille: Any news?
fingersx.gif

Heart: How did the insems go?

Jwaite: Welcome! I'm very impressed that you're planning to wait until 14dpo to test.

Welcome, Mamaetmaman!

#20 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm excited to be far enough in the process that I feel I can actually post. My wife and I are finalizing our sperm donor this week and am hoping to have our first try in about three weeks.
I'm very excited, scared, overwhelmed by the whole process. I'm sad too that we don't have a close friend who is willing to be a known donor.
Rebecca

#21 ·
Welcome Rebecca!

For all the new people here I copied the intro questions from the january thread, so we can get to know each other some more.

What is your name?
What are the names/pronouns of your partner and children (if you have any?)
What method are you using to get pregnant this next cycle?
What do you and/or your partner do for work?
What country/ state/province do you live?
What is the most exciting part about this TTC time for you?
What is the most difficult part?

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friederike View Post

Welcome Rebecca!

For all the new people here I copied the intro questions from the january thread, so we can get to know each other some more.

Thanks!

What is your name? Rebecca
What are the names/pronouns of your partner and children (if you have any?) I'm not comfortable posting my partners name, it is very unique and would clearly identify her. We have no kids, two cats, a dog and fish. We've been together four years, legally married one year.
What method are you using to get pregnant this next cycle? Iui with donor sperm, no monitoring
What do you and/or your partner do for work? I'm an np, she is in tech support
What country/ state/province do you live? We live in Massachusetts.
What is the most exciting part about this TTC time for you? Anticipating the future with kids!
choosing the donor! We are looking for an open donor, cme negative, who is Asian. There aren't a lot of options. Our favorite donor turned out to be a pot head, so I vetoed him.

#23 ·
Welcome, BByH1Pr -- I think I may just call you Rebecca, as that was way too hard to type! (I'm a Rebecca as well, btw, though I go by Becky 98% of the time.) I've added you to the "Waiting to O" section of the intro post. Let me know if you want to be somewhere else. Wishing you a short stay with us!

Friederike, thanks for reviving the intro questions! It's great to see the group refresh itself and grow after so many recent graduations, isn't it? Also, I'm so thrilled that you guys are on track to insem this month.
fingersx.gif
for some extra fertility this time around.

AFM, my period didn't start yesterday. This is really good news for (possible) future tries, since it means that I didn't miss my ovulation last month and my decision to just rely on the Clearblue OV kit to predict O is working well enough (without trying to cross-check a bunch of other signs). So, I'm either at CD11 or CD13 today, with an LP of 11-13 days. Home stretch of the TWW, for sure. I've been having some symptoms of period onset in the past couple of days, so I'm feeling distinctly non-pregnant. But, you know, it's not over until its over and all that....

#24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friederike View Post

Welcome Rebecca!

What is your name?
What are the names/pronouns of your partner and children (if you have any?)
What method are you using to get pregnant this next cycle?
What do you and/or your partner do for work?
What country/ state/province do you live?
What is the most exciting part about this TTC time for you?
Nice questions!

I'm Karen.

We'll call my partner HB (she's kind of anti-internet stuff) and our daughter is EG (4 yrs old).

We're using fresh from a known donor (HB's brother). He is also our daughter's father.

I'm a farmer. Should be interesting to be pregnant and do my job!

We live down in Geogria.

I'm just still in shock that we're even trying again. I had totally come to peace with my daughter being the only... till HB changed her mid and wanted another!

Most difficult part? Not sure yet. I'm a little concerned about my emotional state holding out in a healthy way, as I decided to go off my OCD medication for the pregnancy. I can always go back on a lose dose, if need be, but would rather be med free. 3 weeks med free so far, so good!

Insems went well this weekend. Kinda funny trying to explain to EG why her daddy came over to "take a nap" at our house twice. I'm just staring to show signs of O today, which puts our insem 2-3 days early. But hopefully the swimmers are hanging around.

Rebecca - Glad to have you on board!

Fille - really glad AF didn't start. Hopefully it's a good sign.

#25 ·
Hello everyone!

Here are my stats:
What is your name? Let's just go with D
What are the names/pronouns of your partner and children (if you have any?) wife is J, and we have 2 dogs, no kids (working on it
wink1.gif
)
What method are you using to get pregnant this next cycle? We are doing our first IUI- unmedicated, unmonitored, with anonymous donor sperm.
What do you and/or your partner do for work? I used to be a doctor, and hated it, and now I'm a teacher. J is a teacher, soon-to-be vice-principal.
What country/ state/province do you live? We live in Ontario, Canada.
What is the most exciting part about this TTC time for you? The wealth of surprises!
What is the most difficult part? Not sharing this part of the experience with family and friends (for support, the excitement), as well as the logistical challenges with regards to timing of the iui with a natural cycle.

But a little excitement today- my cervical mucus is starting... Which is awesome because I've had a 2-week long flu and was worried that I might not ovulate at all this month! I'm guessing that O might happen this weekend! Sooo exciting!

Great to meet you all!

#26 ·
jwaite, mamaetmaman & Rebecca welcome!! It's great to see some new peeps on here & I hope your time here is short.
grouphug.gif

heartnbones I hope the insem went well & FX for you.

Friederike good luck for the insem - hope all goes 'swimmingly' for you. Great job on the questions - thanks.

Fille I have everything crossed for you.

afm after the stress of the last few months DIY we are finally putting the house on the market tomorrow!!!!! So excited and relieved that now life & hopefully my cycle can get back to 'normal'. We had been planning to go to NY in July but have had to put that on hold as with my cycle so messed up it's possible we'll have to go for IVF a little later than anticipated. For you newbies I live in the UK & am going to Denmark for IVF with frozen Danish sperm. We had a long weekend this weekend which we weren't able to enjoy but it's our liberation day (from the Germans, WW2) on Thursday so looking forward to being able to make the most of it.

So great to see so many newbies on here as we were a bit depleted with a lot of graduates. Hi to all the lurkers too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.