Queer parents - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 589 Old 09-30-2013, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Tools ... One of the aunties is getting him a tool set. Wooden, I think.
He's very fond of hammers, screwdrivers and drills. He has a tape measure he adores.
Another auntie is getting him an umbrella. We've got him a backpack. He'll be thrilled!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#362 of 589 Old 09-30-2013, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Max - I forgot about the baby brigade! I would love to go but C is with the nanny for a practice day. I go back to work in a few weeks. I hope it goes well for you. I will be there soon.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#363 of 589 Old 10-01-2013, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our ikea play kitchen gets played with almost every day in some form or other...I think we got it around 15 months. DD has a strider and it's an awesome bike....she really got into it around 2 1/2.

Is he interested in dolls at all? Playing "babies" has been VERY popular in our house since around 2.....that, and "doctor"....thermometer, stethoscope, vitamin bottles, etc, and of course a million band aids!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#364 of 589 Old 10-02-2013, 11:14 AM

Our 3.5 y/o has refused to use his balance bike for a year and a half now...he MUCH prefers a tricycle and gets pretty upset if we suggest trying the balance bike.  That said, the two year old present (actually got it for Christmas, so 20ish months) that has gotten the most mileage is our playmobil 123 (the toddler line) farm house with people/animals.  It serves double duty as a doll house but our very much into animals guy loves that it is a farm (with horses and carts for the must have wheels folks).  

Oops, just realized I posted from my wife's computer...this is wishin'&hopin' :)

#365 of 589 Old 10-03-2013, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hey all! Boy, I haven't been on this forum in a long while! Not since right after Amadora was born. She is doing well, and motherhood is truly a joy and a blessing. I already have been a mom to our older girls since they were 6 and 11 (they are 11 and 15 now) but this is a new experience mothering a baby. I love breastfeeding, and think I will try for at least two years. We'll see, but that's what I'm thinking. Amadora is 3 months old now, and she is smiling and laughing, grabbing toys, standing while holding onto our hands, and going "Ppppbbbbbtttttthhh" a lot! Haha. Our older girls are doing wonderfully with her! They are helpful even when she's fussing now. Our 15 yr old goes "Raaar!" back and forth with her. Our 11 yr old reads her a lot of stories. I recently went back to work, but I feel really fortunate that my job is all crammed into the end of the week. I work 4pm-8am on Thursdays and Fridays, and the rest of the week I am home with her. My partner brings baby to me to nurse once in the evening. She is almost always with one of us, occasionally with her grandma for an hour or two. I'll post some pictures :) And spend some time reading and trying to catch up with you all. Cute pics I saw, while scrolling through!

With DW partners.gif, DD1peace.gif(15), & DD2guitar.gif(11) since '09. Naturally birthed DD3 ecbaby2.gif6/21/13. We familybed1.gif, I bftoddler.gif and I'm a total treehugger.gif.  Family of five females! grouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifLOVE makes a family.             M/C candle.gif 2/10 ~Ahti Pan, forever in my heart.
#366 of 589 Old 10-03-2013, 08:12 PM

Cocobird!!! I've been thinking about you, and so glad for the update!! Amadora is gorgeous, and it sounds like you've got a good system going with your work... And 15-year-old has come around to her new sister, yay!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#367 of 589 Old 10-03-2013, 08:36 PM

Aw, thanks Granite! Happy to log on here :) Yes, the change in our 15 yr old's attitude has been profound. Our relationship is a lot better, too. So grateful for that. She is more comfortable interacting with me, she doesn't get annoyed with my general presence, and she is hanging out with us in the living room more often and more willingly. I'm so glad it was such a positive change for her! She even calls the baby her sister. I couldn't have asked for more!

With DW partners.gif, DD1peace.gif(15), & DD2guitar.gif(11) since '09. Naturally birthed DD3 ecbaby2.gif6/21/13. We familybed1.gif, I bftoddler.gif and I'm a total treehugger.gif.  Family of five females! grouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifLOVE makes a family.             M/C candle.gif 2/10 ~Ahti Pan, forever in my heart.
#368 of 589 Old 10-04-2013, 08:19 AM

Oh, that makes me tear up! I'm so happy for you! What ever happened with buying a house, as I think you were hoping to around A's birth?

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#369 of 589 Old 10-04-2013, 05:45 PM

We found out we couldn't quite get the loan we needed to buy a house. We did find a really nice place to rent. Smaller house, but much bigger yard. And a MUCH friendlier neighborhood! I love our neighbors. It's wonderful.

Now we are dealing with crap from our previous landlords--they are taking us to court over $8,000 (in addition to the $1695 deposit) which is really really ridiculous. But we saw a lawyer in the modest means program who thinks we can win. It's been sooooo stressful, I am really having to practice mindfulness as best as I can and loving-kindness because my first reaction is to spin out on it and to wish bad things on those landlords! Ugh. But I'm trying to be calm about it and just do the best that we can. Their charges honestly are completely ridiculous, and there are a number of things we could sue them for, but I just want to be done with it and for them to be out of our lives.

BUT, we are in a much better place now, and our neighbors are friendly and non-judgmental. Our next-door neighbor is a psychic, and has gatherings on all the full moons and new moons! So I'm doing my best to focus on all I have to be grateful for (SO MUCH). :)

#370 of 589 Old 10-05-2013, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Cocobird, welcome back. It's great that the oldest came around.

Escher, I don't have any great ideas. O Gave S a toy that makes noises when you push buttons. He gave it to him early, in fear that he would forget before the first.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#371 of 589 Old 10-05-2013, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Is everyone still in the right places? Does anyone need to be moved?

Expectant parents

Escher

New parents with babies

CaNanny
Planet
KnittingTigers
PokeyAC
erinTNgirl
maxK
Esenbee2
Mrs&Mrs
Carmen358
Wishin'&Hopin'
Cocobird

Parents of little kids aged 1-4

Escher
Seraf
OneMommyOneMama
CI Mama
Wishin'&hopin'
Carmen358
Heart-n-bones
Staling&Diesel
PrettyIsa

Parents of big kids aged 5-12

Cocobird
Seraf
TaviPDX
Esenbee2
KnittingTigers
Mandarie

Parents of teens aged 13-19

Cocobird
Mrs&mrs

#372 of 589 Old 10-07-2013, 09:23 AM

Seraf. Can I please be added to the parents of teens group. Thank you.

#373 of 589 Old 10-07-2013, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by queermomma View Post

Seraf. Can I please be added to the parents of teens group. Thank you.
Sure thing.

#374 of 589 Old 10-07-2013, 11:08 AM

cocobird-I'm so glad things are going so well with you, with the baby and with the whole family!  And I'm glad you moved to a nice new place.  Amadora is so cute!  I hope being back at work is going well.

wave.gifqueermomma!  I don't think we have "met" before.  DW goes by Momma.  I like that spelling.

I am getting ready to take a trip back East to visit family and attend my high school reunion.  I am flying alone with the babe.  I think I am as ready as I will ever be, but I am anxious about the flight and sad to be away from DS's Momma.  She is busy at work and can't take more time now after taking family leave.  The week after I get back I am going back to work.  I am not really looking forward to that either.  I like my job, and I know DS will be very well cared for, but I worry about how baby and I will stay in sync when we are separated so much.  He grows and changes so fast and learns new things all the time.  I am sad to miss those moments.  Here is a fun picture that I will need to print to hang at my desk.

AppleMark

#375 of 589 Old 10-07-2013, 03:17 PM

Pokey--what a cutie!! I took the babe on a plane when she was one month and I'm taking her again at 6 months at xmastime. I have to tell you, it was a piece of cake! She slept, she nursed, she looked around a bit. I'm sure she'll need more entertainment at6 months , but I think it will be easier than a long drive. We have driven to southern California from Oregon, and while it went okay, flying to Michigan with two layovers was easier. smile.gif as for ear pressure, so long as they can nurse or use a pacifieror something that shouldn't be a problem. Also the flight attendants are super nice and helpful when they see you have a little one. And reassuring if they see you are nervous. smile.gif hope your trip is wonderful!

#376 of 589 Old 10-07-2013, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Pokey, where is back home? We are in columbus if you're coming anywhere near here

#377 of 589 Old 10-08-2013, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Pokey--good luck flying! We've flown a lot with E, and it was easier when she was smaller (before she wanted to get down and run free). It's always hard doing it alone, though. Hopefully the flight will coincide with a naptime and you can just cuddle all the way there!

DP and I were on separate vacations this weekend and I got home to find that my kid has completely changed! She learned how to talk! She had been saying individual words before, but usually not really having conversations--it's like a switch flipped, because now she's actually communicating. So amazing to see it happen in three days! I only got to see her a little bit yesterday because my stupid flight was late, but I am SO excited to talk to her tonight after work!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#378 of 589 Old 10-09-2013, 09:08 AM

Thanks everyone!  I think we will be ok.  We are all packed up and ready to go.

isa-That's amazing!  I'm sorry you missed it but I hope you have lots of fun talking now.

seraf-I will be in the Columbus area!  I'll send you a PM.

#379 of 589 Old 10-09-2013, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyAC View Post

seraf-I will be in the Columbus area!  I'll send you a PM.

Yay!!!!

#380 of 589 Old 10-09-2013, 12:17 PM

Hello....
As usual it's very busy ... The boys are 7.5 months now ! Finn is crawling and very very active ... August is still very laid back and observes .. Gage is finally rolling over ! He spent three days in children's after a flu shot .. Can't say if he had a reaction to it or if he got a virus he was vomiting and had high fevers and very lethargic .. They thought meningitis thankfully it was not it !
They are a lot of fun and August and Finn sleep 7-7 now!!! Gage still wakes 2x to eat ...
We still have some reflux but eating foods seem to be helping plus the more breast milk he gets the better .. Trying to find a dairy free gluten and soy free donors is hard !!!

Max hope the transition to working more went ok !
Pokey I am sure it will be hard but just think of how happy u both will be at end if the day .. U can connect with him by wearing him more, nursing as much as he wants , weekends will be cherished ! I'm sure your nanny will send tons of pics and updates ! Hang in there it does get easier ...
Coco.. What a cutie
PrettyA... Talking wow ! How are things otherwise ? When will E be 2? Or is she?
seraf... I wish we were visiting you ! How are the kids ?

Bay Area parents Sunday oct 20 we r going to a pumpkin patch with other queer folks I'll be taking photos of the kids/families! Pm me for details smile.gif

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#381 of 589 Old 10-09-2013, 07:05 PM

Escher - how are you feeling? You are getting closer to having two kids! I hope you are feeling well. You had asked how we were doing awhile ago and I have been MIA!

Seraf- I miss all the photos you used to post of the your two S boys! 

Pokey - good luck on your trip. I sort of wish we had some travel plans in the future, but also can't imagine trying to take both babies on a plane. Actually, it is really just one of the babies I can't imagine taking on a plane at all - the louder one!

Coco - welcome back! I am so happy to see your teenager warmed up to the baby so much.

Max and Esenbee - I hope being back at work is as smooth as can be. I envy your part time hours. We will both be going back to 40 hour work weeks, although we are lucky in that we don't both work M-F so we need less child care.

Granite - I hope nesting is going well and you aren't too uncomfortable. I can't wait to "meet" your little one.

AFU - We are all alive and well. While we are still very sleep deprived, we are starting to see the light. We had our first five hour stretch of simultaneous sleep the other night followed by both babies going right back down. That sometimes happens in 3 or 4 hour blocks, but 5 hours was absolute heaven. Our fussy boy seems to slowly be growing out of it, and is much more alert and fun now. They are starting to smile more often and both seem so much bigger all the sudden, even though our 8 week-olds are both 8-and-a-half pounds. We are starting to get more obsessed with baby wearing and are finally buying a linen ring sling to add to our mostly hand-me-down collection of various wraps.

It's hard to believe this was our four pound baby!

Baby O still weighs a tiny bit more than his brother, but everyone thinks he is smaller now since he is taller and leaner. They are so different!

Our big baby has been riding his bike everywhere these days, and got his first really bad road rash. Poor kid.

Me (37), DW (31), and our three sons: L, M & O eyesroll.gif twins.gif 
#382 of 589 Old 10-09-2013, 08:10 PM

Finn being silly

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#383 of 589 Old 10-09-2013, 08:11 PM

Gage loving gluten free bread and hummus !

#384 of 589 Old 10-09-2013, 08:12 PM

August and a bubble bath

#385 of 589 Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 PM

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for ages. I love seeing all the photos, hearing about developments, and I am very excited for the new babies coming soon!!!

Wylie is 13 months old today. he is trying really hard to walk but hasn't quite gotten it down yet. He is super social, says "haaaaaay" when people walk into the room, loves to wave and engage with ANYONE, does not (so far) have separation anxiety (only when he's tired), and recently started kissing back! I'll try to post a video in a separate post.

Queer parent on the adventure of a lifetime raising my sweet little guy, born at home in September 2012, with the love of my life by my side!
#386 of 589 Old 10-09-2013, 09:44 PM

Well,I don't think the video worked. Here are some photos...

Queer parent on the adventure of a lifetime raising my sweet little guy, born at home in September 2012, with the love of my life by my side!
#387 of 589 Old 10-09-2013, 09:45 PM

#388 of 589 Old 10-09-2013, 09:47 PM

W are really having fun with him these days! Sleep is still an adventure but usually it's not so bad..at least we are getting lots of good snuggles!

Seraf, how have you guys been?

#389 of 589 Old 10-10-2013, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter

We've been busy. Everyone has had a GI illness this week. My camera on my phone kicked the bucket several month ago. Hopefully I'll have a new one tomorrow!
Two boys in the bath.

They still nurse at nap time, but I'm working on weaning.

Snake.

Marble run

Bike ride

#390 of 589 Old 10-10-2013, 11:00 AM

Cuuuuute babies!
Here is my baby:
Teething

Morning smiles:

My view right now:

Tags
Lgbtq

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page