Queer Conceptions: June 2013 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2013, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

oh mama I'm sorry to hear that but if they grow 2mm a day they should make it - FX for you xxxx

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi mamaetmaman, I just want to echo what lizbian said: At a growth rate of 2mm/day, which is *totally* feasible, you'll easily have those follies at 22mm by Monday! The cycle I got pregnant, my follicle was 18mm on CD14, then 22mm on CD16, and we had the IUI the next day. You're right on track!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
Old 06-07-2013, 10:05 AM

mamaetmaman : I echo what granite said.  Also, if you want to feel like you're *doing* something about it (this helps me in situations where I really have no control), you could drink lots of warm beverages (avoid iced drinks and ice cream and cold foods in general), and apply a heating pad to your belly.  My friend who is an acupuncturist suggested this to me.  My follies grew like little champs.    The reproductive system like to be warm.  :-)  I sort of imagined I was like a little egg incubator.  LOL!  Good luck! You've got plenty of time for those follies to do what they do! Try not to worry!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 06-07-2013, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Be an incubator! Exactly! Also, breast massage... And of course, what I always suggest: Acupuncture, acupuncture, acupuncture... Grow, follies, grow!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
Old 06-07-2013, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi, it's been a crazy busy week, but I'm having a blast with my sister. She goes back on Sunday greensad.gif Wish I could convince her to move back here. 

I will probably miss some folks but welcome back and good luck lovestreet and congrats lovingisliving, very exciting for both of you

Good luck to everyone in the TWW! I'm sending lots of positive vibes out there for ya.

Tavi: that's really exciting and I'm sure overwhelming to consider and decide. We also aren't trying until later this summer (august) 

Friederike: That's great news, I heard about it on the news this week. Small and big steps are happening all over the world, it gives me a lot of hope for the future, I followed the news in the UK as well Liz.

I don't have suggestions like the others mamaetmaman (such great advice everyone I will remember it) but I'm hoping it all works out for you this cycle. Incubate those follies!

AFM: we have our appointment at the fertility center on Monday. I'm super nervous for no reason at all. I just hope we find out what services they offer and how much they will cost us if we decide to go that route. My cycle continues to be confusing, day 23 and no temp spike yet. Temping the the desert didn't help anything either or running out of fertility monitor sticks. Basically tracking this cycle has been no help at all, just adds to the confusion. Here's to hoping next month gives us better info.

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
Old 06-07-2013, 03:32 PM

Thank you ALL for the support!  So far the baby dust is working joy.gif My HCG levels went from 350-something to 1149 three days later to 13,480 a week later.  I'll have my levels tested again this coming Tuesday and our first ultrasound on Thursday!  Is this really happening?!  Yes...my boobs hurt so bad! Haha. 

Friederike: Please add me to May graduates thumb.gif

Old 06-07-2013, 07:14 PM

loving: Those are fantastic numbers! Hooray for sore boobs!  LOL

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 06-08-2013, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thank you everyone for all of your support and advice! Went in for BW and U/S today (CD14), and I have one follie that is 18mm! I followed your advice and basically wore a heating pad on my belly for 2 days, and had a chiropractic treatment and acupuncture yesterday!

They are just waiting on my BW now to see what my estrogen levels are at. I have another BW and U/S tomorrow morning in case I'm not surging yet. Last time we monitored, I was naturally surging when my follicle was 19mm.
We're getting close to go-time!

Last Sunday I played my regular league game (hockey) and took the end of a stick to my belly. It hurt for days and I have a bruise from it still. I decided after that I would sit out the next few games until either AF comes or I realize I need to turn in my jersey for the season wink1.gif let's hope for the latter!

Loving- awesome HCG!!!

How is everyone's TWW going?

Hugs all!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:26 AM

Loving - Congratulations!!  How wonderful and exciting!

Mama - Good luck with the follies-- grow, follies, grow!

Welcome, Tavi!!

Friederike - Oh, that sucks that the health care system puts you in the position to have to lie.  But, hell, even though it would piss me off, I would still probably do it if it meant free help conceiving!  Then go home to my lovely partner and move on with our fabulous life.  Good luck to you.

I think I'm missing some people, but I need to as you all a question about pain medicine.  So, today is our big day!  Our first try at an at-home IUI.  And I've got a splitting headache.  I am prone to these anyway-- like at my last period, I had a migraine for almost 5 days solid.  I got a new prescription, but I am really reluctant to try that today.  Would it be okay for me to take acetaminophen or ibuprofen, do you think??

Other than that, we should be all set up.  My OPK test was super dark yesterday morning at 7:30am, and faded throughout the day.  I had a couple stabby cramps in my left ovary area at 12:30am last night.  We have our speculum, syringe, catheter, head lamp, and one vial of swimmers in a tank that still has about 6 days left.  :-)
I'm super excited and DP is pretty nervous.  I think she's going to be great!!  She's very meticulous in her research, so I think she read too many horror stories.  But I think we will be fine.

So whattaya think?  Headache medicine, anyone?  I'd rather get a massage, of course, but I'm not sure if I can get that in today.  Thank you!!

Old 06-08-2013, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Sure, some doctors even recommend taking Ibuprofen in advance for the procedure if the patient feels pain easily. Both meds should be totally safe, you can even take them during pregnancy. What is your concern about?
Good luck with the IUI. All of you who do them yourself are my heroes, I wouldn't be able to do this simply for nerves. Lots of baby dust!!!

Old 06-08-2013, 06:20 PM

Cool, thanks, Frederike.  I was just being really paranoid about chemically inhibiting the fertilization in some way.  About 40 minutes after the IUI I took some acetaminophen, because laying with my feet in the air was rushing more blood to my head and just killing me.

Can you put me on the TWW list, please?  biggrinbounce.gif  Our at-home IUI went pretty well!!  Poor DP got very nervous in the middle of the process, so worried she was going to screw it up!  But I think things went well.  I think she got most of the swimmers right in there.  And if this time didn't work, I think she'll be a pro next time!

Old 06-08-2013, 06:22 PM

yay lovestreet! hope the TWW flies by for you. Lots of sticky baby dust!
Old 06-08-2013, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

lovestreet-I would recommend acetaminophen.  Ibuprofen in anti-inflammatory and you need inflammation for fertility.  A midwife I consulted about TTC advised me not to take it.  I have always heard not to take it during pregnancy.  Good luck with your insem!

Congratulations lovingisliving!  joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:22 AM - Thread Starter

Interesting pockey. I just checked again to make sure and our national database on safe medication during pregnany and nursing says both are the number 1 choice for pain relief especially for migraines. Ibu should be stopped at week 28. is there a similar website by an English speaking country somewhere? Run by the FDA perhaps? It might be helpful if sb. could post a link for that if it exists.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:09 AM

Hi Ladies!

WELCOME TAVI!!  Good to have you back on the threads and best of luck/beautiful blessings, as you begin the journey to conceive #4!!  Picking a donor is a fun but challenging part.  I look forward to hearing about this and wish you both the best as you begin preparing:)  Is there anything you can do to avoid the yucky-sounding stuff you went thru with the last pregnancies?

Hi Heart ~ One of our best friends is pregnant right now, and she transferred a 100 lb. woman (who bares very little weight), and continued to physically care for 3 others who requied tugging and pulling throughout her first trimester.  Her Dr and Midwife both said it was okay, until the 12 week mark.  Then the Midwife advised her to slow it down and not lift that much.  So she's switched to supported ppl who she doesn't have to do alot of physical care with.  I'd say making sure you aren't getting overheated is an important piece for you.  Lots of water, breaks in the shade, etc..  I always remind myself to try to be more careful than others wld be because we invest so much energy into our processlove.gif  I also like to remember that our bodies will tell us alot, so remembering to listen is importantnamaste.gif.  I hear ya on the cramping.  Interesting huh?  It's happened several time during TWW for me.  And didn't used to (or I never noticed) before TTC.  Maybe that's a good sign that something's trying to happen?!!

BBy ~ I hear ya on the TWW.  Distract yourself so that you don't have to think about it so much!!  (Easier said than done, innocent.gif, I know!  

Freid ~ I am glad you are moving along with testing.  And also glad to hear the doc was reassuring about your age (and my age, too:))!!  I also know plenty of woman who've had easy pregnancies at our age and healthy babies!!  Also glad to hear about the laws in Germany!  I am pleasantly surprisedclap.gif.  I have traveled in Germany and have two friends locally, one is from Germany and the other is fluent and has lived there, studies and teaches German culture here is the USA.  

I have my FX that you will get all pos results and things will happen for you very soon!

Mama ~ great job with the follies!!  I am rooting for you guys!

And to everyone else, hang in and take care of yourselves!!  I know this process can get the best of usgrouphug.gif

AFM, still hangin out in the TWW...today is somewhere between 10-12 DPO (not 100% sure because I'm wondering if my ovulation pain comes after I actually O)...my boobs are sore, my temp has stayed up, according to my phone app :) AF should arrive today.  We'll see...I am scared to POAS at this point.  Maybe I'll get up enough bravery to do it tomorrow or Tues if no AF by then.  I'll keep ya posted.  DW asked my yesterday how I was 'feeling'...I don't 'feel' pregnant, but we'll see.  I guess that's why I don't want to test yet (which is unusual for me).  

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

Old 06-09-2013, 01:30 PM

Lizbian, boy do I understand on the timing thing! I hope that everything works out for the pair of you.

Lovestreet, Glad your IUI went well! Enjoy your TWW and GL!

GL to all you brave TWWers!

AFM, AF finally showed up..I hate when we're trying to plan TTC and when I expect AF to be on time as always…she's 8 bloody days late! Now everything is all confused. Geez! On a lighter note, I was looking at the sky last night and thinking about DP and I starting a family and having a LO and right when I was thinking it a shooting start shot by! I took that as our sign to keep on pushing…not to mention the Basal thermometers being on clearance for $5.79 at Walgreens…Sign number 2 lol. I hope hope hope everything falls into place! 

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 06-09-2013, 02:43 PM

re: ibuprofen. 

it is classified by the FDA in the US as a Class C drug prior to 30 weeks gestation (Class C: Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans) and Class D after 30 weeks (Class D: There is positive evidence of human fetal risk based on adverse reaction data from investigational or marketing experience or studies in humans). Here's the FDA page: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/ucm230393.htm

here's an article from the UK about miscarriage risk and ibuprofen.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/sep/06/ibuprofen-warning-to-pregnant-women

I was told by my fertility clinic and (once i graduated) my OB to use acetaminophen if I needed pain relief. If you accidentally took ibuprofen one time, I don't think it would necessarily be the end of the world, but if you have an option, I would definitely choose tylenol. 

FX for everyone in the TWW. We can't wait to see you over on QPP. dust.gif

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
Old 06-09-2013, 03:24 PM

Fmorris your optimism is AWesome! Those are both great signs to keep trying!! ♥

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

Old 06-09-2013, 04:06 PM

jwaite rooting for you! Signs sound compelling!
Fmorris- I hope the omens are correct!

So I've got a R follie- 21mm! Waiting for the call to trigger. It'll soon be go-time!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:36 PM

lovingisliving, a graduate you say? YES!!!! CONGRATULATIONS XXXX broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif

mama - great news!

lovestreet - FX for you, our couple of tries included one when I really wasn't very well at all which makes  it much harder but I hope you have success xx

jwaite kee us posted!

fmorris I know what you mean - mine was 15 days late this month! messed everything up completely. LOL to the signs, go the special on the thermometer, every little bit helps!

AFM frustrating & another tragic week, far too many of them this year. One of the few couples we've dd=iscussed IVF with lost their 1 year old on Friday after he got a fever, went to the doctor & was sent home. They found him not breathing in his bed in the morning. I cannot imagine their pain & am heartbroken for them. We're having more stress & expenses on our flat sale, having to get lawyers involved etc etc so hoping sorted soon. On a more positive note if AF can wait another 3 days we'll be a go for this month so FX xx Hugs to all.

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 06-10-2013, 06:30 PM

Lizbian So sorry to hear about you friends and their loss.  What a tragic event.  I pray they are surrounded with lots of love during this time.

Jwaite Thanks for the encouraging story about pregnancy and heavy lifting.  I actually managed to get through my busiest day of the week with minimal lifting.  Gives me hope that I'll be able to manage.  I'm anxious to hear about how things are going for you.  Did AF arrive?  Have you POAS yet?

AFM Still hanging in here waiting.  I had some ridiculous emotional outpouring at dinner tonight, totally hormonal overreacting.  Had to go walk it off by myself.  Also still feeling a little crampy.  7DPO, so no POAS yet.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:29 PM

Liz, so sorry for your friends and their loss.  wow.  can't even imagine.  sending them and you lots of love and healing light!

Mama, did the trigger happen today?  what's your week looking like for 'go-time'?

Heart, you are half way thru!  taking a walk is always helpful!!  this is absolutely an emotional roller coaster ride<3

AFM, no AF yesterday or today.  I got up enough nerve to POAS this morning, but got a BFN.  I'm thinking AF will be here any day...my temp dropped a bit this morning.  I guess the only thing I can do is wait to see what tomorrow brings.  I have been weepy today, tho'...which leads me to believe I will see AF soon.  I would love nothing more than to be very wrong and end up with a BFP by the end of the week.  The thought of having a Pisces baby was very exciting to me (I'm one too:)).  

Love to all!!

Old 06-10-2013, 09:37 PM

Thank you for the info on pain medication, everyone!  I stuck with acetaminophen that day, and I'll make sure that's all I'm taking til I POAS.   All your information was really helpful and made me feel more reassured about what I was taking.  blowkiss.gif

Heart, BBy and Jwaite, I hear you all on TWW thing where you feel every twinge and cramp, and wonder if something's going on in there.  That's how I've been, and it's only been 2 stinkin' days!!  I know it's because we're wishing and hoping that I'm paying so much attention to what my body is doing, and in my head I know I wouldn't feel anything at this point.

It's such a juggling act -- you need to be good about what you're eating, take your prenatals, quit doing sassy stuff, and so you're constantly aware of this thing I'm trying to do.  So it's hard to just distract yourself, and be "normal."  You know what I'm saying? 

Also, does anyone know if those progesterone suppositories have a quick expiration date?  Last night I used one that I had gotten in August, and HOLY crap, did I feel yucky this morning.  Felt like I was getting a yeast infection.  Ugh.  I'm feeling better now.  Has anyone had that before?

Old 06-11-2013, 01:59 AM

jwaite & heart I am heartbroken for them. I'm a bit emotional anyway & just burst into tears when DW told me last night which is very unlike me.  Heart good luck with the wait, always the hardest time, over half way there!

jwaite FX it's just a bit early but hope you get an answer either way soon.

AFM AF has arrived which means no IVF for this month because of timing. greensad.gif We have decided to order some swimmers in though because we have more than enough gonal to pump those follies up so it won't be a completely wasted month. Given all the trouble I've had shipping the nitrogen tank back thinking of going the dry ice route!

hugs to all.xx

Old 06-11-2013, 07:44 AM

jwaite: It's not over til it's over! I hope you're wrong!

Liz: Glad to hear you're going to make the best of this cycle and give it a go anyway.

Mama: Awesome on the follies!  When is your IUI?

heart: When do you think you will test?

mrs: Nice to see you around!! :-)  How are you doing?

loving!:  Glad to see a graduate, finally!!!!!! 

lovestreet: Welcome to the tww!

afm: I'm 10 dpo today.  Yesterday was my birthday, I was reallllly hoping to get one of those super early +'s, but no dice.  I tested this morning not positive yet.  (fake optimism)  I'm actually feeling grumpy... I suspect AF is on the way.  I know it's early, but I'm too cranky for her to not be coming.  This is so damn hard.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mama did you trigger and/or insem by now? I hope everything goes splendidly with that 21mm follie

Liz I am so sorry for your friends. What a tragic event. And too bad AF arrived.I used dry-ice once, it was easy, ordered at 9 am the same day they shipped, arrived next morning. There were no signs of thawing after 3 days when I threw the box in the trash.

heart - I hope those little cramps are good signs fingersx.gif

Jwaite - good luck to you too. I hope you are wrong about impending AF.

Jenny - Happy belated birthday. I hope you get a late present after all love.gif

Old 06-11-2013, 09:09 AM

Hi all! Thank you for all of your personals.

lovestreet, Jwaite, heart, justanotherjenny, and bby - I'm joining you in the TWW! I am sending you all sticky baby dust and happy no-stress vibes!

So I got a +OPK yesterday, and was instructed to inject Ovidrel last night to give ovulation that extra push. This morning we went in for our first IUI in the clinic. It was much more painful this time compared to the one we did at home- but I think my cervix was being shy and the nurse managed to get the catheter in deeper than we had at home. All-in-all it was a good experience.

Tomorrow I start using the prometrium suppositories, and have a blood hcg test in 2 weeks.

But for now, I'm in bed after doing some cooking, with my Starbucks latte, just about to blog.

Entering the TWW...
Old 06-11-2013, 09:25 AM

Just stopping by to say GOOD LUCK to everyone in the TWW!

And liz, I just want to send you a giant hug accross the ocean. What a year for you and your friends - you and they are in my thoughts.

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:36 AM

JWaite, Thanks! I've gotta try mye best to keep positive bc the whole process can get you down sometimes! I'm keeping mye head as up as it'll go!

Mamaet, I sure do as well. Good luck with your TWW!!

Lizbian, Don't you hate an inconsiderate AF?! Things are already hard enough to chuck that in the mix. I'm hoping the signs prove to be true. I'm so sorry to hear of your friends tragedy. Mye thoughts, prayers, and many hugs are with them. I hope everything for you gets sorted and you get to try this month after all.

Jenny, Happy belated birthday. I've got some optimism coming your way. Remember its not over until the fat lady sings. You're still in the running.

AFM, Wrapping up AF and trying to decide if we'll push for this month or next..i'm just so ready to be pregnant. Goodness!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 06-11-2013, 11:44 AM

jenny happy birthday! Sorry about your feeling of impending AF. We're so torn when it comes to her - either want her to come NOW or want her to piss off altogether! I hope it's just an early negative and you get some good news soon.

Fried - I'm in 2 minds. The clinic says not to risk it just in case it's tied up but I just remember the hassle I had sending it back last time(s). I'm having a lot of stress at the moment selling my flat which looks like it might fall through so trying to reduce stress. Who knows what we'll decide!

mama good luck, glad it all went well!

sphinxy thanks.  Between that, my friends' deaths and a local girl being murdered in India it really has been an awful  year so far. I can't help just waiting for the next thing to  happen.

fmorris  thanks xx - do it! Let's kick those little eggs in the backsides and get them moving xxx

It's been a pretty emotional day today with  yesterday's news, AF & the stress of our flat which would be funny if it wasn't so frustrating. I think I need someting to look forward to and we were going to NY this month but had to postpone with everything that's going on so may try to book trip to Oz this week xx

Tags
Lgbtq , Trying To Conceive
User Tag List