Queer conceptions: July 2013 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 163 Old 07-12-2013, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

mama really glad the IUI was painless - FX it's the one!

lovestreet so great it all went well for you but just remember that even with everything the chances still aren't that high for pregnancy - don't get too discouraged if it is a negative just think you need to keep doing the same thing & eventually it'll work.

sandie that sucks - sorry it's so expensive. I have to pay for everything out of pocket here & nothing at all is covered on insurance. Not only that but IUI & IVF is not done on the island I live so I need to take holiday/pay to go away every time we try! $16k is an awful lot though.

fried - great you've got a date & it's not the weekend. FX it all goes well & fantastic the doc can do the insem.

AFM still in bloody Denmark, not leaving until Sunday. Tomorrow would have been transfer day but I've moved on now & am gearing up for next cycle where we'll be back here again, hoping it all goes a bit better.

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#62 of 163 Old 07-13-2013, 04:10 PM

Jam, thanks for the luck! This is definitely an adventure but one very welcome. I hope you have a great cycle as well!

Sandie, I know how you feel learning of the many things that insurance neglect to cover or the ridiculous stipulations for same sex couples. I hope you have quick success and don't have to worry about moving to IVF

lizbian, I'm glad your ready and excited for the upcoming cycle. I'm keeping everything crossed for you!

AFM, Well, today marks the start of the new cycle! AF finally has arrived. I decided to take the clomid starting cd5. I still can't decide if we should do the one insem or try and push for the 2 since we're trying this at home. The only thing I'm not sure of. Any thoughts? I think DP is more than coming around on having to be the inseminator Lol I told her just look at it like she's getting Meeh preggo. smile.gif I'm excited.

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#63 of 163 Old 07-14-2013, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

fmorris I'd push for the 2 but try to space them out a bit so you have the longest window of having little swimmers up there.

Ladies you'll never guess what's happened. We arrived home this arvo from our failed Denmark trip. Went to the loo & guess what? AF'S ARRIVED!!!!! bloody hell. that means have to be back there in 2 weeks but now need to get meds all ordered again. It's certainly a whirlwind!!! Tentative dates 28th July so FX it might actually work this time. Wow! DW can't come for the whole week but trying to get her there for the extraction as that's where it went wrong last time x

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#64 of 163 Old 07-14-2013, 05:18 PM

Thanks for the advice Liz. We are definitely shipping from our KD so I just want all the swimmers to be alive. More than likely when they arrive we'll do an insem, and then hopefully another one later, but in the mean time in between time..how do I keep the other swimmers good? I'll be using a kit from babydustdelivery.com with the TYB and gel packs, but they say to make sure they don't get frozen. This is all new! I hope that this next cycle proves 100 times better than the last and things work out with no problem at all. I'll keep everything crossed for you! x

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

#65 of 163 Old 07-14-2013, 09:23 PM

fmorris, from what i know from friends who have gotten pregnant with that kit, your KD would need to ship twice for you to do 2 insems. the swimmers in the kit don't last long enough to space out insems. good luck! 

liz, my fingers and toes are all crossed for you! 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#66 of 163 Old 07-15-2013, 03:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
fmorris, Liz good to hear you're starting a new cycle. Let's grow some great follies.

afm - I am in the TWW now. Insemmed today at noon. I don't feel so good about my timing though. Everytime I have 2 follies (happened twice now) it moves back the O date. Today might have been a bit early, but DP is positive it will work. I'll just consider this and the next 2 tries last chance performances and if it didn't work by then, IVF is the plan.

#67 of 163 Old 07-15-2013, 12:50 PM

fmorris - good luck! Hope it all works out great!

liz - excited you get to try again so soon! Now that you've had your trial run, everything will go much less stressful this next time.

Friederike - welcome to the TWW! Two follies sounds promising! I'm jealous- even with the fertility meds, I'm only ever producing one dominant follie. Sticky dust!

AFM, the TWW just got more difficult. Today was our last day of summer school, so summer had officially started for DW and I. This means loads of time to obsess. I haven't been able to take relaxing walks with the digs or be active outside because we're under a heat wave warning right now. I'm trying to avoid going to the gym because I know that I am lacking the self-discipline not to run sprints or lift heavy weights. Two days ago I hopped on the elliptical as a "compromise" and got so bored. I had to talk myself out of hopping on a treadmill because I knew it would lead to interval training greensad.gif

I just have to make it to Sunday, which will be 12DPO, the day the RE booked me for a serum HCG test. This seemed a bit early to me, since I've read that implantation can happen as late as 10DPO, and it could take days for the HCG to be of a detectable amount in blood. Any thoughts?
#68 of 163 Old 07-15-2013, 01:35 PM

mama see you're jealous about my follicles and I am jealous that you're already on summer break. We have another week of classes and then 2 weeks of exams. And after that I'll have a conference paper due. I had to laugh at your description of getting the running itch at gymn. I totally know what you mean. Ellipticals bore me to tears. It is better to be safe than sorry though. Too much exercise can increase the miscarriage risk journal article.
I think a day 12 test is early but not totally unusual. I wouldn't test before 14DPO personally, because it is less reliable and there is the chance of a positive with a chemical pregnany and disappointment just 2 days later. I'd rather spare myself this heartbreak. Other people might prefere to know exactly what is going on.

#69 of 163 Old 07-15-2013, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Liz: Just got back and read about your trip and everything. So sorry, but here's to staying positive and looking forward. I really hope this next cycle works out beautifully for you. 

mama: Good luck and baby dust in the TWW. I guess I need to do some research, I always thought you could exercise as long as you didn't do more than you had before.

fmorris: Ditto what mrs said. When we were planning on a KD we were going to have him send two shipments, a day or two apart.

jam: welcome! I am using the CB fertility monitor and the directions also say to test with FMU, which I have been. I've gotten a peak before, but didn't this cycle. So far I'm sticking with the instructions. 

lovestreet: thanks for the info. DW is a little nervous about trying an IUI on our own, but I think she could do it. If we aren't successful with ICI we might have a midwife teach us or move over to the RE. Baby dust to you! 

sandie: what a bummer, my insurance doesn't cover anything, which is why we decided to try at home a few times first

friederike: good luck! I hope the TWW breezes by and ends with a positive 

AFM: We had a great time in Mexico, celebrated our 3 year anniversary, snorkeled and explored Mayan temples. I'm exhausted and need to recover from the vacation. My ovulation continues to be impossible to pinpoint. I don't think traveling helped at all, my temps were all over and testing with the fertility monitor was a struggle. Next cycle is the real deal so I hope it gets easier. I am going to try to live as routine of a life as possible until then and hope that my body will cooperate.

Hi to anyone I missed! 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and a baby on the way

****5****10****15****20****25***stork-boy.gif30****35****40

#70 of 163 Old 07-16-2013, 02:50 AM - Thread Starter

Fried good luck! I hope you just catch the timing, it's so hard to tell with these things, isn't it? FX you won't need to resort to IVF but if you do I'll be there with you! Good luck getting through the TWW x Grow follies grow but not too much, they were almost too big last time!

mama great your summer hols have started. You need to find something to occupy yourself! So funny you obsess about the gym - most people can't motivate themselves to go & you're the opposite! I was always like that until I did my knee but at least I can be thankful that's what got me into writing.

redrock your trip sounds awesome! timing/temping etc when travelling is very hard. I tried when camping & gave up! FX when you do it at home under normal circumstances it'll give you a better idea.

AFM all ready to go again. The funniest thihg of all is that this trip will be the exact dates we were going to go last month until AF came 2 weeks early! FX it works - have ultrasounds all booked in and going to do the syringe here before we leave to avoid the same problem. I'm also having problems with my parents. I think mum knows I came to Denmark for IVF even though I hadn't mentioned it. She didn't even ask how my trip was even when i emailed saying we had a nice time. She thinks that by ignoring the problem it'll go away. I'm thinking of seeing someone to talk through the issues as I don't want to pass on any negativity to my child as a result of my strained relationship with Mum. Anyone else done that & was it beneficial?

We finally have some sun here - over 20 degrees for the first time this year! joy.gif

#71 of 163 Old 07-16-2013, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

BREAKING NEWS - UK JUST PASSED GAY MARRIAGE BILL!!! We'll legally be able to marry from next summer. WOO HOOO!!!!  joy.gif

#72 of 163 Old 07-16-2013, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liz- that is WONDERFUL news! Congrats! No good advice on mother issues, except to say that if it is something that is difficult for you now, it might get worse once you have a baby. I was not prepared to handle all of the feelings that came right after DD's birth about motherhood and my relationship with my own mom. We worked through it, but it might have been easier if some of the issues had been addressed before I was super hormonal. Good luck working through everything!

Fmorris- looks like we are cycle buddies! I am looking at an inseam sometime late next week by the looks of things.

Friederike-fx!

Mama-how is the wait going? The last few days are always the worst.

Red rock- glad you had a good time! If you are having a hard time pinpointing things, it might be worth the money to pay for some monitoring and possibly a trigger shot, depending on how you feel about that much intervention. I think that's what seraf's dp did the cycle she got pregnant, and it sounded like a good option, since it might be cheaper than another month of sperm.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM- I put in the order for our only ICI vial to be delivered on Monday. Things are starting to get real! Now I just wish I had snuck in a dentist visit before next week...

She's here! joy.gif
#73 of 163 Old 07-16-2013, 07:21 PM

Mrsandmrs, thank you. Straight and simple. Just what I needed smile.gif hope I end up lucky like your friends!

Friederike, I've got High hopes for some great follies. Thanks! I wish you the best with your TWW, and am KMFX for you. Good luck

Mamet, I know it's hard not to obsess, but you've got just a bit longer. And I'm with you on implantation being later in some women and the HCG taking time to build up. But what do we know right lol GL

Redrock, thanks for the advice, it further reaffirms what plan of action to take! Glad the holiday was lovely. Good luck with the baby making and the real deal cycle. smile.gif

Liz, how brilliant is that!? The States can feel free to follow along! I hope this next cycle is the one for you

Prettyisa, you're right about that. I'm right behind you. Hoping to see Lady O sometime in the last week of the month. Good luck!!!

AFM, well I'm on the last leg of prep. Things are falling into place nicely. I start clomid tomorrow, cd5...it's getting real lol

#74 of 163 Old 07-16-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbian View Post

BREAKING NEWS - UK JUST PASSED GAY MARRIAGE BILL!!! We'll legally be able to marry from next summer. WOO HOOO!!!!  joy.gif

Yeahhhh! That's great. Especially since it was a conservative government for once who did it.
So the important question is - will you get married next summer?

redrock - your vacation sounds like heaven. I also second the advice for a quick US maybe 2 days before you usually ovulate.

prettyisa how exciting. Hope things line up well next week for a smooth insem. Could you call the dentist and ask if sb. cancelled? I had sucess with that to get an appointment short notice.

fmorris so will your KD ship out twice? I hope the Clomid treats you well.

#75 of 163 Old 07-17-2013, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Liz: What great and exciting news!!!! Will you get married next summer? As for mom stuff, I did have a very difficult relationship with my mom and did see a therapist for about a year, mostly to learn how to communicate with her and set boundaries. It was much more helpful than I ever thought it would be. Things are much better now, partly too because my mom is much happier these days. It's worth a try anyway

Isa: How exciting. How old is your little one now? 

Thanks all for the advice on monitoring. We will likely end up doing that, we just wanted to try a cycle or two at home first. I'm taking some herbs to help balance my cycles and increase CM. It seems to be helping so far. My temps have just never been very reliable. The RE even said she didn't think I was ovulating based on my temp patterns. I have my consultation with the bank on Friday, has anyone else had to do this? Seems like a way to nickel and dime folks, which is kind of frustrating.

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and a baby on the way

****5****10****15****20****25***stork-boy.gif30****35****40

#76 of 163 Old 07-17-2013, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Isa - good luck! I hope it's the one for you. fmorris - good luck! I start my meds tomorrow as well so FX it's the one for both of us Thanks for the advice ladies, I think it might be worth chatting to someone about my mine. I had a nice email conversation with one of my sisters this morning which also helped quite a lot. As for marriage. we had an 'illegal wedding' in 2004. If we do it it won't be recognised where I live or in oz but want to do it anyway, with our kid(s) there so going to propose to DW on my 40th birthday in front of my friends. She'd better say yes! had a stress this morning. The manufacturer has run out of the ovulation inhibitor I use which would normally mean this cycle was out but luckily I found an equivalent so ordered that. Phew! Unfortunately bad news is that we can't find a dog sitter for the animals for next try so I'm going to go to Denmark by myself for a week which isn't much fun.

#77 of 163 Old 07-17-2013, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

sorry, computer messed up formatting.

#78 of 163 Old 07-17-2013, 07:23 PM

liz- I too have a strained relationship with my mother. I sought some professional help to work through some of the baggage, and in the end the therapist and I agreed that my mother isn't going to change, and that I need to come to terms with the fact that it is best for me to cut her out of my life. It doesn't feel good, as a solution, but I am much happier now that I am not putting a ton of energy and emotional investment into repairing the relationship.

isa and fmorris- thanks Ladies! I am trying to resist POAS! It truly is a test of willpower! I'm on 8DPO today, and I know there's a high chance for a false negative.

Can't wait til Sunday, when we do the serum hcg test!

Baby dust all!
#79 of 163 Old 07-18-2013, 08:30 AM

Yeah, AF showed up today.  Boo.  I wasn't surprised, and it's right on schedule.

On day 6 dpo, I had an overwhelming wave of symptoms that I took to be implantation.  Ridiculous nausea, high temp, the same soreness and cramping in my thighs that I get every first day of my period.  These all continued til about Saturday, day 9 dpo, and I was subsisting on chickpea miso soup and pineapple, while constantly being distracted by the ache in my thighs and lower back.  I loved it. wink1.gif  This Sunday, day 10 dpo, things were feeling very normal, except for a decrease in appetite that continued til now.  But I have felt really normal since about Sunday (in comparison to last week), and that sort of prepped me for AF today.

Whenever I mentioned what I was feeling or not feeling, DP and my mom were all like, "You can't always feel it!  Don't take that as a sign or you might be disappointed!"  Yeah, well everyone is unique, and I did feel something happen.  And then I didn't feel it anymore.  I eventually had a discussion with DP and asked her to please just support my feelings, even to just say "That's great, Baby."  But don't dismiss my feelings, because it's making me feel very alone in this.  And she understood.  She thought that I was would get too anxious about my "symptoms" and that would stress me out.  But it's really comforting to me to pay attention.

Now we need to take a look at the money situation and figure out if we can afford another round right away.  I know we would both like to, since we're in the groove.  On this last round, when it looked like it might work out, we were both hit with how much work we have to get done on our house before baby arrives, and that was overwhelming!  We have a fixer-upper house, and there is NO WAY I would let a child touch the floors in here!  It's all very do-able, just a LOT to be done.

Hope all you TWWers have a better week than me!!  joy.gif Baby dust!!  Baby dust!!

Mama - Good luck on the rest of your wait!  I'm excited for your test on Sunday, too!!

Liz - Congrats on UK marriage!  That's wonderful news!  I love your idea for proposing.  We just got legal marriage here in the US state of Minnesota, actually it will just start on August 1st.  And the federal government will recognize it immediately.  So, on top of trying to get pregs, DP and I are also beginning to plan a wedding, which just boggles my mind!  Much better situation, legally, for having a baby together, for sure!  Bummer that you have to do a solo trip to Denmark this time, but I really really hope it goes better for you!

Fmorris - Woo hoo for a new cycle!!  biggrinbounce.gif  I hope the Clomid treats you well!  (It made my lining thin, so I HOPE it doesn't do that to you!!)

Redrock - Your vacation sounds wonderful, and I hope you recover from it quickly!  winky.gif  Maybe the return to your normal routine will help your cycle normalize, too.  

Prettyisa - Wow, great advice about the mom relationship stuff.  I might want to consider thinking about that with my own mom, having some conversations with her about some issues instead of just sweeping over them.  I'm excited for you on the next insem!  Sounds like we're on pretty opposite cycles, so it's fun to pay attention to others' while I'm waiting to try again.  You must let us know how it goes!

I am 33.  I've been with my partner for 6 years. partners.gif  July31/Aug1- 3rd at home IUI with FDS

July 2013- 2nd at home IUI with FDS (new donor)- BFN, June 2013 1st at home IUI -BFN... 

(Before that, 3 tries at the clinic with FDS, 2 with clomid and 1 with femara)

#80 of 163 Old 07-18-2013, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Lovestreet--Boo. greensad.gif Sorry for the BFN. But I think there is something to be said for getting your house feeling 'ready'. And for big fluffy weddings--I love a big fluffy wedding!

Liz--ugh to having to go solo--that sucks! Glad you figured out a solution, though!

Fmorris--fx! One thing that my RE recommended with clomid is to take a baby aspirin to help keep your lining from thinning out. Apparently there's some controversy about whether it works, but I'm planning to start taking them today for a non-clomid cycle because my lining is always a little on the thin side, and I figure it can't hurt!

AFM--had a really fun lunch yesterday with some other women who are also starting to TTC. It was really nice to be able to talk about all of this stuff with people who are in the same place--and maybe we'll even all get lucky and be preggo at the same time! That might be wishful thinking, but it's fun to imagine a little group of gaybies!

She's here! joy.gif
#81 of 163 Old 07-18-2013, 10:07 AM

Hi Ladies!!

First of all, THREE CHEERS FOR THE UK!!! yeahthat.gif I am so happy for you guys, LIZ!!! And on that note, I am so impressed with your tenacity! You really are a beacon of light and hope for all of us, and I so appreciate your positive attitude thru out your process of TTC! Big Hugs to you! hug2.gif I will be thinking about you and sending you positive baby blessings on your journey to Denmark. I have traveled without my DW in the past to TTC. I knew I was 'missing something' but also reminded myself that it was a sacrifice worth making if I conceived. You are an amazingly strong woman! As for the Mom piece, whew! I get it. My Mom let me know several years ago that she was 'happy with the grandson she already had'...in other words, not very excited that my DW and I wanted more children. I haven't shared with her that we are actively TTC at this point. The one thing I do know is that when baby comes, it's very hard for anyone not to feel that kind of love and joy. Maybe a baby will bring you closer together?! I will send some positive thoughts up to the 'eye in the sky' that you and Mom can find peace in this process. blowkiss.gif

Mama, you are hanging tough! Sunday will be here before you know it!! My FX for you guys<3

Isa and Fmorris, I am also routing for you both that this cycle is fun and easy for you to insem. It took us a bit to get the hang of it, but it's been a fun process for us. I feel like we've gotten the hang of it now. Enjoy yourselves. Laughter always seems to help!

Redrock, Welcome back from vaca!! Sounds like you had an amazing time. I hope your consultation goes well. I think you are right, the banks and the fertility ppl do nickel and dime to death...gotten make their buck somehow. Ugh! I know that it's very frustrating that we have to go thru banks and docs to TTC...when there may be absolutely nothing 'wrong' with our fertility. I hope that something good comes out of it for you, tho'. I heard an interview with a gay man once that pointed out an important point...when same sex couples have a child, they REALLY WANT that child SO MUCH!!! That is evident with all the prep that goes into the process! GL to you on this journey<3

Fried, I am sending you positive vibes as well!!! Keeping fingers and toes crossed that this is the one for you! Let us know how it's going with the TWW. I hope your DP is absolutely correct that this is your month!

Lovestreet, I am so sorry about AF. Boo is right. I know that the expense is overwhelming. I've tried not to think about it really. I am sure we could have traveled around the world by now. BUT it will be worth every penny when you have a little one in your arms!! I am sure it will happen for you when the time is right. As with us all:Hug I hope you are feeling more validated with your own experiences. It is easy to freak ourselves out with what our body is or isn't doing, but I also know that I have felt different things happening during my TWWs with my body...its best to trust yourself and your own intuition. And on the other hand, but prepared for whatever happens (I know, easier said than done). We are always here to listen tho'!!

I'm sure I have more of you to catch up with, so here's to those of you who I didn't comment to ~ grouphug.gif

AFM, please move me to the TWW. We insem'd this week several times. I am not exactly sure when I O'd but I think we covered the window. The (stupid:)) strips that I use are not very reliable, and the microscope and I were not getting along very well. My temps weren't very accurate either, With all that said, I am hoping that we caught our window and my fatigue/nausea this morning is a good sign. Who knows?!

Love to all!!

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

#82 of 163 Old 07-18-2013, 05:25 PM

Friederike, I'm thinking that we'll try this month with just the one inseam, but I'm getting the deluxe kit from babydustdelivery.com and it comes with 4 vials, so IF we have to try again we'll do the 2 next month. And so far so good on the clomid!

Mamaet, OMG I know that feeling! La Resistance of the POAS lol! Kudos to your willpower! You can make it and I'm cheering you on!

Lovestreet, I'm sorry AF showed up for you. Its like a love/hate relationship with knowing your body. Love to know what's going on and what I'm feeling, but HATE when it is totally the opposite. HUGS. Whatever you decide to do (push for next month or wait) I'm keeping everything crossed for you. We need some nice BFPs on this board! And I'm woohooing with you on the new cycle of mine lol. I haven't had any bad issues with clomid, just the hot flashes I sometimes get, but they're do-able. Thanks for the well wishes

Prettyisa, Thanks! You know I'll go pick up a bottle. Can't hurt and I'm always up for anything that helps the TTC process :) Thanks for the tip!

Jwaite, Thanks!!! I think there will be a ton of laughter with this. DP and I are sooooooo goofy sometimes and that would be no exception. The good vibes are much appreciated! And good bloody luck in the TWW. FX for that BFP we need!

AFM, Ok, so I'm having a minor panic attack. So we decided on our KD and he seemed perfect. I have been attempting to touch base with him and let him know mye cycle is well underway….and I haven't been able to reach him for nearly 2 weeks! This makes me worry. I'm a very plan oriented person, and this is a major snag! Now I'm on a mad dash to screen and get to know another 'perfect' donor by O date. We have found the possible who I believe is equally as awesome on the bright side and I'm speaking with him and all that jazz. I just hope that our original gets his shit together and lets meeh know what the deal is! I'm frustrated because we've been talking about this since last month or so and now he picks to be MIA now?! Oy Vey! I'm trying to hold out to see if OKD (original known donor) pipes up, but I don't know how long I can wait seeing as O date is coming up in the next couple weeks! I'm panicking.

#83 of 163 Old 07-18-2013, 06:31 PM

Fmorris, that happened to us with our last KD. very stressful. I'm glad u are going with a back up plan. But hopefully OKD will surface. Ours finally did and we tried one add'l time but then decided to go with someone closer to us. I really hope you can get that part squared away and not have to worry. Everyone keeps telling me that stress is my worst enemy when it comes to TTC.smile.gif

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

#84 of 163 Old 07-19-2013, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

mama thanks for that, I definitely need to re-adjust my expectations of my Mum I think! I've realised part of Mum's problem is her upbringing and that maybe I need to think about that a bit more. Oh well I'm sure we'll muddle through! FX for Sunday for you, need some good news this month I haven't graduated anyone!!!

lovestreet sorry to hear that - you want me to move you into another group? waiting to be ready maybe? I hope you guys can afford another round, and that it is successful. Also very stressful trying to organise wedding on top of everything else. Eep when we did our illegal one it was VERY stressful! I wish you well x

prettyisa DW is now coming for the aspiration so will be there for half of it which is where I had problems last time so happy about that. It'll just be the last 4 days & hopefully transfer that I'll be solo. I love the phrase gaybies & great you met with some like-minded people.

jwaite - thank you that means a lot hug2.gif I do try to stay positive as I know how stressful this process is. It also helps that everything else pointed to me being about to conceive so FX it's just a matter of time (and money). Good job on the insems. I agree with the strips, I can't get along with them at all so hope you covered the window. Baby dust!

fmorris - eek that sounds stressful, I hope you hear either way soon. I guess that's one advantage of donor sperm except when your cycle messes up and wastes £600!!

AFM wow crazy week! We found a dog sitter so DW can come for the first half of my cycle ie the aspiration (egg retrieval). She then goes home and I stay for the transfer which is hopefully a quick and easy process.

In addition to planning that I have my book pretty much finalised & ready to go. Release date 14th August (my 40th) and if anyone's interested here's a link to the sample! http://www.thelizbian.com/journey%20to%20the%20other%20side-sample%20lizbian.pdf

This time next week we'll be in Denmark and my boobs will be about 3 cup sizes bigger. I keep walking into doors as I'm not used to the increased width! I also find the drugs make me a bit dippy & vague which is quite disconcerting. Last trip on the same day I: 1) 'moisturised' myself with body wash, 2) leant forward when taking a photo & dropped my phone in the pond 3) left my jacket in the pub in Gatwick Airport! airhead. Still, I'm keeping notes for the book I'm going to write about it which will actually just be a collection of ridiculous comedy moments that could only happen to me. redface.gif

#85 of 163 Old 07-19-2013, 04:47 PM

Jwaite, At least I'm not the only one with a flaky OKD. lol. I hope that your luck is much better with someone more reliable!

Liz, Rather! I know exactly what you mean about feeling like the swimmers were wasted. I hope you have the best ivf cycle next month! With a lot less side effects (minus the awesome boobs lol) I plan to read the sample and can't wait to get a copy when it's released. Congrats to you so very much!

AFM, I'm  A LOT less stress free. Completely shocked might I say. As you all know I do most of the leg work and tell DP where to pay and when to show up lol. Just today she came home and wanted to talk to meeh about something serious. Turns out, she's found a local KD that is willing to work with us so we'll be doing multiple at home insems with fresh swimmers! I've never been so excited about fresh sperm lmao!! I told her how grateful I was because I was getting so stressed out having to screen another donor in less than 2 weeks.  I have the most wonderful partner in the world. Now we have the good stuff on tap, and I have very high hopes this could be it! GL to all!

#86 of 163 Old 07-19-2013, 06:56 PM

Friederike – Thanks for the advice. I decided to use pretty much everyone’s advice this time and pretty much test every time I went to the bathroom as the days got closer! I hope your insem went well and the 2WW has been bearable!

Sphinxy – Thanks for the advice as well! I ended up testing most of the day but still got my positive reading on the 2nd morning urine, as the doctor recommended, today and fmu today.

Mamaetmaman – I am so glad to hear this round was painless! That has to be such a better feeling to leave there with! I hope the 2WW is treating you well so far, what have you been doing to keep busy? I wish I had your drive to go to the gym!

Sandiegongp – I am sorry you are having such a hard time with your insurance! Mine doesn’t cover anything either but my doctor is only charging $540 to do the insemination plus the progesterone test and pregnancy test 1 and 2 week post IUI. If we start having them monitor it will go up almost double but this time that’s what we paid.

Lizbian – I am glad the timing is working out this time around! Hopefully everything with your mum works out, the added stress is definitely something you don’t want to have to deal with on top of everything else! Congrats on the UK marriage as well, how exciting! And the book too! So much positive things going on for you, that must be good luck.

AFM – We are officially braving the 2WW! I got my first positive on the OPK yesterday morning and made the appointment to go in today. Everything went extremely well, I barely felt a thing. The Dr also seemed impressed with our motile count (12.2M). Today I have been trying to take it easy and be as stress free as possible, which is easier said than done since I tend to over analyses everything and stress a lot! Well here goes nothing on the longest 2 weeks of our lives to date! Best of luck to all of you out there on your journeys! 

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15***20****25****3 0****35****40
#87 of 163 Old 07-20-2013, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

fmorris - YAY!!!!!!joy.gif that is truly awesome news and means you'll definitely cover your window!!! Thanks - I am super duper excited about my book, just need to get it out & marketed now.

jam - yay for you as well that's great, happy it went so 'swimmingly' and good luck for the TWW and lots of babydust x

Not sure if my link was working to sample so if not www.thelizbian.com is up and running! Hope you like my logo too smile.gif

#88 of 163 Old 07-20-2013, 08:22 AM

Liz, Thanks!! And I'll have the window completely covered from start to end. I'm hoping this is just the certain je ne sais quoi we needed to get our BFP. All mye insem things have arrived (CBdigital 20pk OPKs, Preseed, and speculum). I've got to get a few syringes, catheters, and a specimen cup seeing as I won't be needing to get the babydustdelivery.com kit as we don't need to ship anymore! This is great! I'm taking some time today to read the sample, and I'll let you know how much I loved it :) I read the first line last night and had to stop because I knew it'd be something I liked and I wanted to give it mye full attention. Well you've already got a copy requested by meeh! Congrats again!

Jam, WooHoo 2WW! I'm glad your insem went well! They can be a bit tricky sometimes, mye last IUI was a little on the painful side. I took it though and said it's all for a great cause. You're like meeh with the TWW I over analyse everything, but try to act like I'm not lol. Its hard, but you'll make it. I'll keep mye FX for you!

AFM, It was funny getting home yesterday after work and not having to get on KDR in a mad dash back to screening. Thanks to my wonderful DP. Now, I'm just taking mye clomid (and taking the hot flashes like a champ!) and getting everything set up. I'm a meticulous planner and like to have everything lined up so all that needs to be done is execution. I work much better with a detailed plan. Let meeh tell you though, having the convo with the KD (IN PERSON) was much harder than I thought lol! I'm like a mad woman on a mission on KDR, but mye words were escaping meeh and I had no idea what to say lol! I evenutally got it out and now its just a matter of calling up and saying its time. So excited.

#89 of 163 Old 07-20-2013, 01:13 PM

lovestreet- funny about the miso soup. I have been having mad cravings everyday for soup. We're just coming out of a heat wave here, but I've been eating soup everyday this week!

friederike- how you doing in the TWW?

jam- I've been surviving. I'm allowing myself to over analyze everything, but really, I have been feeling no different than usual except for needing to have a nap everyday at around 1pm. I suspect the exhaustion is because of the progesterone suppositories though. We've also been watching a lot of Netflix because it's been too hot to garden or play outside this week.

jwaite- good luck in the TWW!

fmorris- awesome about the KD! How have you guys found them?

AFM- tomorrow we test! I will keep y'all updated.
#90 of 163 Old 07-20-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaetmaman View Post

fmorris- awesome about the KD! How have you guys found them?

I was originally looking on the known donor registry, but DP found ours right here in town. I give her so much credit for starting that conversation, because I saw how difficult it was to do it myself! I hope tomorrow is a joyous day for you and our much needed BFP! GL

Tags
Lgbtq , Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page