Queer conceptions: July 2013 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-21-2013, 04:45 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
It's so great that she just came up with some sperm like this. How are the meds treating you these days fmorris?

mama I'm doing good. 6DPO. Obsessing about how much running might be harmful. Did 1hr on thursday and 1,5 yesterday and today I am not sure how much might be too much at 80-85F. I'ld love to do a 2hr.but the heat and all that talk about how overheating harms embryos.
So testing tomorrow - how exciting. Fingers X for a positive!

Speaking of BFP's, I am wondering what ever happened to heart-n-bones? I hope it isn't a bad sign that she dropped out of our talk here. If you're reading this, I am thinking of you heart.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
fmorris- known donor registry sounds like a fantasy to us here in Canada. So jealous!

Got the serum bHCG results today: BFN. I'm pretty bummed about it. Going to do one more cycle of IUI, and then the RE wants to try IVF. DW has always wanted to carry so we are thinking of reciprocal IVF.

How many cycles of IUI did you do before or what circumstances led some of you to do IVF?

It's so expensive, and I don't know how we could ever afford to do it more than once (IVF).
Old 07-21-2013, 01:26 PM

friederike- yeah, I significantly cut down my workouts for the TWW- down to working out only 5 times in total for the past 12 days. With this BFN, I'm back to play hockey tonight and plan on running as much as I can before the next IUI. This next cycle, we will be vacationing in Hawaii for the TWW, and DW and I agree that me being physically active isn't going to cause a clump of cells not to implant, so I'm gonna do all the active things I want to (within reason).

Also, I think heart-and-bones got a BFP last month.

Good luck to you all in your respective stages! We are due for a bunch of BFP!!
Old 07-21-2013, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Friederike, I know! It was completely out of left field, but such a great surprise. Today was mye last day of clomid. I've been taking baby aspirin and prenatal as well. It wasn't that bad. I had a massive hot flash last night, but it passed after a bit. You're almost  halfway through your TWW..Good luck!

Mamaet, I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I whole community of people willing to help women in our situations. I wish they weren't so funny about tissue samples and things like that in Canada. I'm sorry for your BFN *hugs*. If you decide to do the IVF, I remember a woman talking about having successful IVF at a clinic in Dallas that was verrrrrry reasonable. Also, they usually have an IVF study where the offer free IVF. They're testing to see if Mini IVF is better, worse, or the same as traditional IVF so you'd do either or. I'd look into it seeing as your in Canada (the study is in New York). Just google IVF clinical trial and it should come up. Good luck!

AFM,, Last day of Clomid and glad its over. No more hot flashes! They weren't unbearable, but mye goodness!!! Well I've printed off instructions for our KD to follow. It was much easier than meeh having to explain it. (Especially the part about not using lube to produce the sample lol). Next I'll be getting some paperwork with instructions on the inseam for DP to look over and understand. We're planning on doing 3 insems. I normally O a little later in mye cycle, but I know sometimes with clomid you can O a bit earlier so we've decided on insem on the 26th (first day of fertile period) then one on the 29th and another on the 31st. Hopefully this will cover mye window. I planned the dates keeping in mind that I've read fresh can live up to 72 hours in a fertile environment. We'll see how it goes. I'm getting the syringes and cups tomorrow and this is the week! Time has gone so fast, but I'm more than ready! **Thank goodness this is the last day  of clomid bc I just got the biggest hot flash while typing this lol!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 07-21-2013, 04:16 PM

Mama, oh so bummed for you. I ck'd the blog today just to see if you posted:) I hope next time will be the magic cycle!! Especially since you'll be in Hawaii for your TWW. You may not have much time to think about things, especially if you stay active on your trip. I do like your idea of a reciprocal IVF with your DW, if that ends up being your next step.

Liz, I am glad your trip is coming together and your DP can be with you for part of the time. I love your logo!! And thanks for the link to the website. I am going to ck it out as soon as possible.

Jam, positive baby vibes being sent your way!!! Really glad to hear that IUI went smoothly!

Fmorris, I love your planning! You remind me of myself:) I can relate to stumbling over words when speaking to KD in person. Even over the phone for the first time is awkward at best. But I will say, it's gotten easier and easier with practice. I look forward to hearing how your tries go this week. Whoo hoo!! Finally here for you!! Glad you don't have to go thru the hot flashes anymore. Doesn't sound pleasant. We aren't supposed to have to deal with those until our next phase in life, right?!!

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

Old 07-21-2013, 09:53 PM

liz- excited for your book!

fmorris- thanks for the IVF info. I will definitely check it out. I'm excited for your 3 insems! the combo with clomid sounds really promising!

jwaite- thanks for your support. I think this BFN sucked more than the other two because everything went perfectly and I thought that maybe it would be the one. I suppose that is the cruel nature of the TWW!

In the meantime, while I'm waiting for AF and waiting to O, we are heading to our family cottage for the week. I'm far away from an Internet connection, but I will be sending you all warm babydust vibes from the lake!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Fmorris—wow, that’s great that she found someone! I wouldn’t be able to handle the stress of dealing with a KD—just ordering from a bank is stressful enough for me! Is your new guy someone you know in real life?

Lizbian—great news about the book! And about this next cycle!

Mama—I’m sorry about the BFN. The last time we did 1 at-home ICI, 3 unmedicated IUIs, and 3 rounds of clomid IUIs (all of those were double insems on back-to-back days), and then moved on to IVF. In my case my insurance covered the clomid rounds and IVF, which made it much more doable. Hopefully if you end up needing to do IVF you’ll have some frozen embies to save in case you want more kids—the transfer procedure is a lot cheaper (and easier!) than the whole shebang. We talk about doing reciprocal IVF as a possibility, but for us it would be a lot more expensive, and we aren’t sure it’s worth it to us. But hopefully you won’t need to worry about it because your next IUI will do the job!

Have you all heard of the new Glow app that’s being put together? The guy to made Pay.pal is making a fertility app, and supposedly if you pay into it for 10 months (and do the steps, a lot like FF) and don’t get pregnant there will be a pool of money to pay for fertility treatments. I am wondering if it would apply to queer couples. Anyone have any thoughts about it?

FX for everyone in the wait!

AFM—swimmers should be arriving today, so now I just need to figure out when to use them! I got some cheapie OPKs at the dollar store to use today and tomorrow before I break out the smileys on Wednesday. I’m guessing it’ll be Thursday or Friday. How long do you all wait after a positive OPK to do your insem? We’re just using one vial this time, so I guess I was thinking 18 hours, but is that too soon?

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:39 PM

mama I am sorry about the negative. Your upcoming vacation sounds gorgeous.
About your IVF question - we'll move on to that in october if needed. That would be after 3 IVIs and 6 IUIs. I read the chances of success drop after 6 IUIs, so it makes sense to switch methods.

prettyisa how exciting, I hope they arrived on time today. I personally would insem later than 18hrs but that all depends on how long after the surge you O of course. I know that for me it is about 32 hours later, so the sperm wouldn't live long enough. Some women O really early though. Do you know how it is for you?

Old 07-22-2013, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

mama really sorry about the BFN, I hope the next cycle works. We tried 3 times at home but was ICI not IUI as we can't do it here in Guernsey. The cost is so high which is why we didn't do more before moving on.

AFM I had an ultrasound today - day 8. Things aren't going quite as well as last time, hoping they come together. I have another cyst they need to keep an eye on & my follies are all less than 10mm. I'm going back in Thursday and hoping for a better result or it's another wasted trip we've paid for. These drugs are making me crazy dozy. Today I deleted photos from a shoot on Saturday. Turns out I hadn't backed them up & the people were only over for the weekend so couldn't do again. SO RELIEVED I managed to recover them otherwise I never would have forgive myself. Need to get off them soon I think!

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 07-22-2013, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

I've moved heart-n-bones. Should I also move BByH1Pr? Not heard for a while.

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 07-22-2013, 06:17 PM

Jwaite, lol I think you can never plan too much in situations like these. i'd rather be 'over planned' than 'under planned'. I normally don't have trouble talking and getting mye point across, but I think I started sweating when talking to our KD lol! I'm sure it will get better (if we need to do it again). I'm just as anxious to share with you all as well! You have no idea how pleased I am to be rid of those awful hot flashes! I don't know how I'll maintain menopause!!

Mamaet, You're more than welcome. I would have loved to do the free IVF in NY but all the back and forth travelling and taking time off wasn't feasible. I hope you find some good info. Just scour the web like I did and you'll be surprised! Thank you for the excitedness!! I can barely contain myself as well!! Enjoy your week and the lake!

Prettyisa, I know isn't it! I'm so proud of her as well as completely surprised. Frozen swimmer shopping is stressful, but also using a KD can be too. And yes it is someone we know irl :) Looks like insem is upon you! Isn't exciting when the swimmers come! I agree with Friederike on insemming a bit later than 18 hours, but there are the factors of if your O is early as well. I'm wishing you much much luck!!

Liz, Hate to hear things aren't as great as last time, but it's still early so there is much time for things to pull together. I hope things look up by Thursday because I would hate for you to waste another paid for trip. The things we put up with from fertility drugs to get our LO's…they better be appreciative! Good luck tho Liz. BTW, I don't mind threadkeeping next month if no one has expressed interest :)

AFM, Well I told DP to pass the message along to KD that this is it. I went to get some syringes at walgreens and the crazy woman at the counter wouldn't give OR SELL meeh any saying I needed a prescription. For oral syringes?! It wasn't MYE store (because they had closed already) so I waited until the next day and called them and they said if I needed some I could just come in and they'd give them to meeh. I originally asked if they sold oral medicine syringes. Either way..things are coming together! 

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

Old 07-23-2013, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

fmorris: Good luck! This new KD sounds like a great plan and well fresh live so much longer. I hope this one is it. KD convos can be awkward, we were talking to ours over Skype and DW said something like "We'll try a few frozen cycles and then if it doesn't work we'll try natural" She meant that we'd try shipping and then in person, but it was so awkward. We kept talking about how that would work shipping the kits and then either him coming to us or us to him. Then, the next time we talked he told us he was freaking out because he thought she was asking him to sleep with me. That made for a lot of laughs and more clarification in the future ROTFLMAO.gif

liz: I'm looking forward to reading the sample of your book. Congrats, that is such a huge accomplishment. Sorry things aren't working out as well. I hope they take a positive turn for you. 

jam: Happy TWW! I don't remember, are you doing IUI's? 

fried: How did the testing go? I'm planning on working out during the TWW and continuing to bike to work. It sounds like you found a good balance

mama: So sorry about the BFN. Our first try is this cycle so my opinion is probably based on someone that hasn't faced trying to get pregnant for a long time but we've always said we wouldn't do IVF. I just don't know how we could afford it. But if it takes a long time, I can't say I wouldn't consider it, especially if there was some sort of trial to get in on. We'll try for about 8-12 months before we'd go that route. A BFP in Hawaii would be great! 

Isa: That app sounds interesting. Do you know how much it is to pay into it? It's a cool idea, but I wonder how many people would do it. As far as timing it really depends, We are planning on 12 hours, I ovulate really quickly after a positive OPK. Some women take a lot longer though as Fried said. 

AFM: CD 1. Liz can you move me to Waiting to O. We'll order the swimmers today and then patiently wait. Good thing we have plenty to do to keep us busy and distracted. I remember reading that life would become 2 week cycles of waiting. Anyone have any good tips on how to not do that? 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
Old 07-23-2013, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

fmorris - that would be great, thanks for the offer to threadkeep!

redrock yep moved. I don't have any suggestions - it's the hardest part of it all I think and I Iike to keep busy to keep my mind off things. Good luck with it!

Old 07-23-2013, 06:25 PM

Redrock, Thanks a ton! I to hope this one is it, because I don't know if I can take much more awkward convos lol. LOL at your KD thinking he has to sleep with you!! That tickled meeh to pieces! Atleast you do have something to look to and laugh about. How exciting you're starting a new cycle. I hope it goes wonderfully for you! It's hard not to get obsessed with the TWW, but try and do something else to occupy your time. I learned to knit lol.

Liz, No worries. Glad to do it!

AFM, Well its official DP told KD that Friday is it! (as well as monday and wednesday lol). So things are all coming together. I'm still testing with OPKs and it seems to be getting gradually darker, but there's still time. Can't wait to see that smiley! Looks like I'll go test again now bc I've been waiting ages to 'need' to go lol. GL everyone!

Old 07-23-2013, 07:38 PM

Liz-ugh on the cyst, I am thinking good growing thoughts for the follies, though!

Fmorris, how frustrating! I am always amazed at how unhelpful people can be!

Redrock I think the amount is $50 a month for ten months, and everyone who starts in any given month forms a group. Whoever is left not pregnant at the end of the ten months splits the total to pay for fertility treatments. Not sure how they'll work out the details, but it is an interesting idea, at least! As for the 2ww, there isn't really anything that works. It is only unbearable for the last week of it, though, for me at least.

Fried and red rock, how do you know when you are actually ovulating? Do you get pains?

AFM- sort of a moot point, because I just got a smiley face! 18 hours from now I'll be at work, so 24 it is! Here is a picture of my DD hanging out in the car with her little sibling on their way home today. I'm glad to see them getting along so well!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:14 AM

Oh what a fun picture. Your kid looks so cute. Made me smile this morning. I hope everything works out with the little sibling for you. It would be such a great first pic for a baby album.

I know about O because I have been doing timing ultrasounds since october. Before we started we did before and after to figure out the timeframe and now we always check before the IUI. A follicle that is close to releasing the egg has a specific shape. Also, according to studies, most women ovulate between 3 pm and early evening. I usually go in between 11am and 1pm.

redrock I find that after a while the follicular phase gets a bit easier, more routine because you can do everything you normally do, unless of course you need a doctors office thatnis only open on certain days and your follicles aren't behaving or so. I feel the LP is much harder with the wait, because you get to obsess over symptoms and POAS dates. I have just accepted that this cycle of waiting is what it is. It is probably only a tenth of the patience we need for childrearing, so... good training for later. And yeah, it just sucks.

fmorris wow, friday, monday and wednesday. What a flood of sperm coming your way *lol*, that just has to do the trick. About the KD conversations -
Do people with KDs talk to them regarding their sexual behavior and healthy lifestyle? I just know if we were to work with one, I would totally obsess about the guy using drugs or drinking or possible unsafe behavior, which would be so awkward to talk about. I would probably try to put the poor guy on some sperm enhancing diet I heard about on the web, which shows that in our family we're better off working with a bank.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:34 PM

Prettyisa, I know right! That lady needed some customer service skills!! Either way I got it all taken care of thank goodness. How exciting for the smiley!! I'm still testing, and haven't seen one yet, but fertile period for meeh starts Friday. Good luck to you! and that pic is adorable!!

Friederike, You've got that right. I think mye uterus should be flooded with swimmers ready to fertilize! I think most people do talk to their KD about lifestyle because its important. But needless to say, its weird lol

AFM, well I'm 2 days away from inseam 1! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I went into mye regular walgreens today and went to the pharmacy and asked for some oral medicine syringes and the lady asked meeh how many I needed. I told her 5, and in the process of getting them for meeh she asked what I was doing. I told her well..an at home insemination lol she came closer and was whispering and said ohhhhhh and asked if I needed anything else! I said a little bit a luck, which she then wished meeh and I was on mye way. And she just gave them to meeh free of charge. In your face rude lady at the other store. I'm learning there are a lot of things that have made meeh laugh during this experience which I appreciate greatly. I just know its going to get hilarious from here just because I know DP and I. 

Old 07-24-2013, 11:29 PM

So, I tested today and like I expected, BFN. It could stilll change, but I am pretty sure our timing was off this time. 8th cycle, *sigh*.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:01 AM

Hi all! I've been away for awhile but posted here a bit back in 2011 and thought id come back as we are cautiously gearing up for baby number 2. I remember seeing Isa on the boards then so it seems like we are on a similar time frame! smile.gif

A bit of background: my partner and I have been together 13 years and have a hilarious and adorable 20 month old girl and two sweet giant dogs. We got lucky on our first try last time working with an RE and doing an IUI. My partner carried and used Ovadril to time ovulation.

This time around she will carry again an we'll be using the same WTBK donor- we have 5 tries left before we would need to order more. We were planning to start in September but it looks like we may be giving it a go in August because her period came a bit early. Our RE expressed lots of concern that she is still nursing our toddler a bit, but her hormone levels all look ok. They are pressuring her to wean completely but A (my partner) is not happy about it and doesn't understand why if her prolactin levels look good. Does anyone have insight on breastfeeding and getting pregnant?

We do trust our doctor but we feel like it seems a bit of overkill to wean entirely without a clearer reason why.

Today is CD3 so she is going to try to use an ovulation kit because we may be away for her fertile window as her cycles have not been as consistent since she got them back in January. If she surges next Saturday, we'll go for a Sunday insem or well go back for another bloodwork/ultrasound appointment and see where we are.

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies and sharing this journey!

Me: 33, DP: 32 belly.gif, together 11 years, 2 crazy dogs and hopefully a little one arriving in November.  stork-suprise.gif

Update --  It's a GIRL!!   Can't wait to meet her!

Old 07-25-2013, 09:25 AM

Fried--I'm sorry about the BFN. greensad.gif

Dawn--hi! I remember you, too! I'd say that if the ovidril isn't dangerous for your daughter (I have no idea if it's safe for nursing, but I'm sure you can find out!) there doesn't seem to be a good reason to wean her. I know it can reduce the chances of getting pregnant slightly, but if nursing was effective birth control there would be a lot fewer Irish twins in this world!

AFM--everything went well, though I'm afraid we might have been a little late. Then again, last time we were trying I always thought we were right on and it never worked, so what do I know? Looking forward to being very busy over the next two weeks to keep my mind off things!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Isa: How adorable and what a great first photo if this cycle gave you a BFP. I get ovulation pains, which there are apparently three kinds of ovulation pain. I'm not sure which ones I have exactly, but I seem to ovulate the day after the pain. 

Fried: bummer on the BFN. Anything different planned for next cycle? 

Dawn: Welcome back! CD 3 here as well. I agree it does seem like overkill without a reason. I am definitely not an expert, but if the RE can't specifically tell you why, it seems that there is probably not a legit reason. 

Hi to everyone else out there! 

AFM: We ordered the swim team, they are set to arrive on the 7th. We went to a BBQ the other night and my stepmom was encouraging us to make hypnotherapy tapes to visualize what getting pregnant this cycle would look like; being pregnant, having an newborn in May, doing all the things we do next year with a baby the age they would be if we got pregnant this cycle. She's been doing it for her cancer treatment and swears by it. I tried and had a ridiculous dream and christmas and gender norms and putting a baby girl and me in a matching sweater vests and faux hawks. Weird. 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
Old 07-25-2013, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Friederike - I'm really sorry to hear that, hug2.gif let me know if you want me to move you and lots of hugs.

DAWNMP1 - welcome! Do you want me to add you to the 'waiting to be ready' or 'waiting to O' groups?

Isa- good luck I hope timing was better than you thought.

fmorris - good luck to you too. We have had some really quite funny incidents as well, I think those are what keeps you sane. x

redrock - good luck!!!! very exciting stuff.

AFM Day 11 ultrasound today. Things are a lot more positive which is a relief as I've really been stressing over this one after last month. My cyst (or whatever it was) has completely disappeared & although my follies are still a tiny bit on the small side, the doc thinks next week I should have about 10 ready for aspiration! I'm going to Denmark again Friday & having an ultrasound on Saturday to determine timing. If I have to delay my return by a couple of days I will as I have freed the time up & will be taking my work with me.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:27 PM

Friederike, So sorry about the BFN, I'm with you on time still to change. That timing thing is mye biggest enemy sometimes! *hugs* 

Dawnmp1, Welcome back! As far as breast feeding and pregnancy I'm not too sure, I let the experts on the board handle that one, as we are still tic numero uno.I wish the pair of you the best of luck this cycle!

Isa, Let the TWW begin, and don't count yourself out before day 2! I've seen a lot of ppl think that a particular cycle was terrible and not going to work and end up with a BFP. FX for you!

Liz, I look forward to the fun lol. I've got DP some gloves to handle the swimmers lol. I love her to bits! So glad to see your cyst (or whatever it was) is gone and your gearing up for the next cycle. I've  feeling this one will be much better than the last. Good luck!!!!!!

AFM, Who's getting a little nervous is meeh?! We'll be insemming a little after I get off work that way I can just stay in the bed and let the swimmers get to swimming. I'm still specimen collection cupLESS and have to get some or something by tomorrow. Is it necessary to  use the sterile specimen cups (like from a medical store or drug store) or is there something more simple I could use. Any advice would be lovely. This is it ladies…we're less than 24hours from lift off. I think I'm more nervous because the unlimited amount of swimmers, which means this could happen sooner than we think. EEP! Either way…we're ready!

Old 07-25-2013, 06:38 PM

Fmorris, back in the old days, people used to use clean glass jars. No reason they wouldn't still work! Fingers crossed for you!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 07-26-2013, 06:26 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Mama- I am in Canada, in ontario. Many of us are declared needing fertility help by our family doctors. I paid only for sperm and the sperms prep fee but nothing for procedures. Is this the same for you?

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

Old 07-26-2013, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

fmorris - This might be a little late as you've probably already done your first insemination, but we just used plastic cups both times we did in-person insems, and both times I got bfps. I rinsed them after I took them out of the package, and had our KD fill the oral syringe himself, because neither DP or I wanted to deal with that part. You could also collect directly into a condom or a plastic bag but from what I read, that can make it harder to get a lot into the syringe.

Good luck!

And hello and good luck to everyone else.

me (34), dp (39), and baby J who joined us in October 2014!

(Two years and two mcs after we started tcc )
Old 07-26-2013, 12:25 PM

hi onemommyonemomma! I think the RE clinic we go to gets paid for the IUI procedure through OHIP, but they also charge us an admin fee of 300, a sperm wash fee of 300 (they won't accept pre-washed sperm. They insist on washing themselves), and we pay for our own donor sperm about 750. I am also on Letrozole, Ovidrel, and prometrium, which my extended health from work has been covering. So far, that has cost about 700 dollars for 2 cycles.

Which clinic are you at, and how much are you paying for each cycle?
Old 07-26-2013, 01:05 PM

ISA and Lea, thanks for the tips! We'll be insemming after I get off work at 6. KD will be making an appearance and its on like donkey Kong! I've got a Mason jar that is going to be the collection pot LOL. All mye supplies are ready and waiting!

Old 07-26-2013, 10:31 PM

fmorris- good luck with the insem! Hope it is fun and that it is the one!

liz- hope you have many great follicles growing this week smile.gif

friederike- sorry to hear about the BFN greensad.gif

redrock- I have been thinking lately that I might benefit from some hypnotherapy myself. Let me know how it goes.

AFM- I'm back from the cottage for a few days to start the blood work and ultrasound monitoring again. Today is CD3, and I'm on the letrozole again for the next 5 days.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:22 AM

Mamaet, thank you very much! And yes, we had a blast and laughed so much! :)

AFM, Well insem #1 is out of the way! I'm so proud of DP!!!! She did a wonderful job! As soon as she came in with the syringe (KD deposited the sample directly into the syringe and we didn't lose any!) we got the speculum into place and I told DP to SLOWLY open it (as she's never done ANYTHING like this EVER) and then I asked her if she could see my cervix lol. She says to meeh "Baby, I can see all the way down there!!!" Now mind you Im propped up on mye pillows with a speculum in and trying NOT to crack up. She said it looked pretty open which is good as well. I DID have the big O afterwards...twice lol just to get it all sucked in. I now understand why they say using an instead cup in conjunction with an at home insem. Considering I lied down for about 20 after, I still had some leakage :/ EW. I was watching DP push the plunger to the syringe and everything going on nd got a glimpse of the swimmers and felt bad because I wanted to vomit lol I kept everything down though as I didn't want the speculum to shoot out into DPs eyes lol. This was an experience...a wonderful one and we're so ready for the next one Monday! 

Tags
Lgbtq , Trying To Conceive
User Tag List