Queer conceptions: July 2013 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-27-2013, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

fmorris - sounds like quite an experience!!! We just used a plastic cup at home as well. FX it works & good luck for Monday. Your donor sounds like he has good aim!!!!! I was a bit grossed out as well but you have to just ignore that part.

AFM Well in Denmark now & had an ultrasound today. Everything's looking great but the follies aren't ready yet. I need another ultrasound Monday with the hope of aspirating (retrieving eggs) on Wednesday. This pushes the timetable back a bit as DW needs to go back on Tuesday & now I'm going to have to stay an extra few days but it'll be worth it. Grow little follies, grow! Looks like about 10 or so still.

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 11:02 AM

Had some pains this morning and thought O may be on the horizon nd then this after leaving church and praying for our TTC journey

Had no Smiley at 9p.m. last night so I'm thinking maybe an insem today if possible, but if not tomorrow after 6 like scheduled. What do you guys think? Plus I may still have some swimmers in there too

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 07-28-2013, 02:42 PM

I take a break for awhile and all hell breaks loose!  

Lizbian: I'm so sorry to hear about the egg retrival, but am so happy to see that you're handling it with an amazing amount of grace.  I cannot imagine the devastation you must have felt.  I'm crossing my fingers for you this cycle.

fmorris: You always have some tricks up your sleeve! I'm glad you found a kd that seems to be working out.  Good luck in your tww!

Sandie:  I *so* hear you on the cost of all of this.  My insurance covers monitoring and diagnostics  but does not cover medication, treatment of, or procedures like IUI and certainly not IVF.  Here on the east coast, thawing the washed (IUI ready!) sperm and the IUI itself costs me 254.00 which includes a 20% discount for paying upfront the day of the procedure to avoid billing.  With oral medication( clomid) ($10.00), trigger shot ($97.00), IUI ($176.00), sperm prep ($78.00), 1 vial of washed sperm with shipping ($516.67) it costs around 900.00 a cycle.  I never thought I'd find a way to afford, but somehow I'm just making it work.  I do have a second job and my primary job offers FSA, which is a big help.  Many doctors and pharmacies have special pricing for cash paying patients, so don't be shy about asking.

mama: we're cycle buddies! I'm CD4 today!

afm: I did my first shot of gonal-f last night.  I have a friend who just gave birth to twin girls yesterday.  She called a couple of months ago to tell me that she had left over medication from her successful cycle which her insurance covered.  They gave her 2 cycles worth of meds to start off, but she got pregnant on the first cycle of injectibles (after 2 years of IUI's clomid, triggers, etc.) and doesn't need the meds.  I am so fortunate to have so many generous people in my life.  I don't know how it keeps happening, but people just keep trying to help me get pregnant.  I've been gifted leftover sperm (3 vials!!) and now the gonal-f which is saving me over $1,000.00..  Anyway, so now I'm on my last vial of the donor that I picked. I have the free 900iu of the gonal-f, but may need to spend another 300.00 for a top off pen of follistim if the gonal-f doesn't do the trick.  This is IUI cycle #6 and the last cycle until 2014 when my FSA renews.  Please chant with me "ONE BABY, ONE BABY, ONE BABY!"  I'm terrified of multiples and am really hoping for just one really good quality follicle resulting in one baby and a healthy pregnancy.

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 07-28-2013, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Fmorris- glad it went so well! Good luck with the other insems!

Liz, that sucks about the timing changing. But glad things are on track even if they are going slowly.

How is everyone else in the wait?

Mine is, predictably, dragging. I seem to have a lot of 'symptoms', which is weird, since last time I had none. Still, it's fun to obsess! Today is 4dpo, and I have been getting mild cramps since yesterday, lots of little mood swings, tiredness, and some bloating. It's enough that I said something about wanting to cry to DP and she just started grinning at me. It would be so nice to be pregnant, since this weekend I found out that two of my friends are, and I would love to be on their timetables!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 07-29-2013, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

justanotherjenn welcome back! The only thing to be careful of that I found out the first cycle in Gonal is that it speeds your cycle up something wicked. I went from a 31 day cycle to a 14 DAY CYCLE!!! I ovulated on day 8 instead of day 14 so missed the insem even though we'd paid £600 for swimmers. Do you have an ovulation inhibitor to pinpoint it? Also just be on the lookout for ovarian hyperstimulation as sometimes they can over react. Great news though!

prettyisa I really hope you are, great to have friends going through it at the same time.

fmorris sorry didn't get back to you with my opinion (which isn't worth much anyway). What did you decide to do with insem? The swimmers should last a while longer than frozen so hope you're 'covered'

AFM today/s the day of my (hopefully) last ultrasound before I take the meds to bring on O. Thankfully the syringe didn't break in the plane so all's good. I do have the most ridiculously painful chafe though (upper, upper legs). It's stopping me doing much and is very frustrating as I can't run with it. Grrr bloody bodies! Saying that it is nice to have hot weather but I seem to have de-aclimitised to it. Good luck everyone insemming this week & in the TWW x

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 07-29-2013, 05:53 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Welcoem back Jenny, I hope the meds do the trick. Are you monitoring with ultrasound? It seems wise if you're scared of multiples.

mama - hope the letrozole treats you and your arms more nicely this time. Grwo follies, grow.

fmorris - yay smilie face smile.gif and thanks for being our new threadkeeper. We haven't had the threadkeepers luck prgenancy in a while, maybe you'll break the spell with your loads of spermies. Oh and I am baffled, how did your KD manage to get the swimmers directly into a syringe? How big are the ones you're using?

Liz- hope you'll get some good news today.

prettyisa - that sounds promising. Fx those symptoms stay and turn out to be the real deal.

afm - 14 DPO and waiting for AF. I feel unusually crabby and hope she shows up today. If not I am going to re-test tomorrow.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:58 AM

liz: Good luck with your scan today!  Sorry to hear about the chafing.  Isn't that the worst?  We got such a severe heat wave here in RI and it lasted over a week.  It was terrible! I got the worst rash and it ended up with a skin yeast infection.  We just couldn't stop sweating long enough for the skin to dry out.  Horrid, I tell you.  I hope your rash clears so you can get back to running.  To answer your question re: ovulation inhibitor.  No, at the moment I'm only taking the gonal-f.  I go back tomorrow for blood work -- I presume to make sure that things are on track so that doesn't happen.  I was instructed to take 112.5 gonal-f Saturday, Sunday, and Monday evening and then report tomorrow for blood work.  At that point, they will tell me whether to continue with the same dosage or to raise or lower it.  They are expecting me to stimulate for 8-10 days.  I haven't heard that about gonal-f before, thanks for the heads up on the early ovulation.  I have heard of OHSS and expressed this concern to the doctor -- she said that we'll try to avoid that by adjusting dosing, but that it definitely does happen.  Depending on how many follicles there are, we would either not insem that cycle, or be prepared for selective reduction which I'm not sure how I feel about that.  The other option would be convert to mini-ivf, but I'm certain that I can't afford to do that.

isa: Good luck with your tww!  For me, I find each subsequent tww is more difficult than the next. Here's hoping this will be your last one!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 07-29-2013, 07:51 AM

friederike: Yes, I plan to do ultrasound as well.  Not sure when the next scan will be. I had a baseline ultrasound on Saturday along with blood work.  Tomorrow is blood work only, but I suspect in another 2 or 3 days I'll be back in for more blood work and a scan.

I hope you get a late positive instead of AF.  I'm sorry you're feeling so crabby.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

jenn - good that they're monitoring you - you should be fine then but just worth keeping in mind.

fried - come on AF!!!!

AFM good news today on the ultrasound - I have 13 not-so-little follies there just ripe for the plucking (nurse's words, not mine!) Taking Ovritrelle tonight which is the thing that broke in the plane last time so hopefully it goes a bit better. Aspiration due Wed morning so FX for that!!!

Old 07-29-2013, 07:20 PM

Lizbian – I am glad things are looking up for good! FX for a successful attempt!

Isa – I hope this cycle was your cycle, how fun would it be to experience this with your friends.

Jenny  - That’s great your friends are so willing and able to help you out, that’s got to mean good luck right?!

fmorris – This sounds like the cycle for you, you have everything lined up perfectly! Can’t wait to hear more!

AFM – I am now 10DPO. On Friday, I had my progesterone test and it came back as a level of 5! They said they like to see it at at least a 10 for a natural cycle like mine. I started taking progesterone supplements Friday night but I can’t help but think that this is a failed attempt. I guess that’s why it’s been easy to resist the temptation to take a HTP. Has anyone else had love progesterone?

Good luck to everyone in their journeys! 

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35* ***40
Old 07-30-2013, 04:56 AM

I am on progesterone Jam. I don't notice much difference except longer LPs.

Liz - how did it go today?

afm - 15 DPO, no AF in sight and a BFN this morning. Arghhhhhh.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter

Fried - going in tomorrow for the 'plucking' so keeping everything crossed. Ovritrelle injection went well last night so everything's ready, just have to hope the next bit does. I am VERY nervous, esp as DW went home this morning. Sorry about BFN and no AF. She's a fickle one, isn't she? You got 1 more try before IVF? hug2.gif

Jam no experience, sorry, my progesterone seems to be OK. I hope the cycle works for you & your body sorts itself out x

Old 07-30-2013, 07:24 AM

Right, I forgot, I thought it was today. I am sorry you have to do it on your own. I hope you'll have nice nurses to take care of you after the anesthesia.

Quote:
 You got 1 more try before IVF? hug2.gif

I don't know. If AF doesn't show in the next hours it will mean a weekend O in August where the office is closed, so perhaps one more IUI in september? We're getting married 9/28 so after that we could go for IVF.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

i was telling DW the other day about offices being closed (Mon-Fri only in Guernsey). It sucks they do IUI at home for straight couples but not lesbians. When we get to baby number 2 I'll fight that as it's discrimination. So exciting about your wedding!! you both wearing dresses?

Old 07-30-2013, 10:09 AM

Fried - thanks for the encouragement! Hope AF come soon so it doesn't throw off your timing!

Liz - I'm hoping everything goes great tomorrow! I would be super nervous too but it's so exciting at the same time!

AFM - I decided to take a first response pregnancy test this morning on 11DPO and there was a VERY faint second line but there definitely was there! I was super shocked as I wasn't anticipating it at all!!!! But a line is a line right?! I don't go in until Friday for my blood work but never the less were excited!

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35* ***40
Old 07-30-2013, 10:15 AM

Yeah, that makes no sense to make a difference between couples, so unfair. I understand that my doc can't do it, she is just a one doctor practice with 2 assistants and deserves to have her time off. I am the only IUI patient anyway. Maybe I can talk DP into doing my IUI in August, but we would have to take the tank on a 3hr. train trip and insem in a hotel during a short vacation we have planned.
Wedding dresses, me yes, her no. I am wearing a dress I found for 20€ on sale at TK Maxx and royal blue 15€ high-heels I got online. Our reception is just brunch with 40 people, so we'll probably get the whole shebang done for less than 1000€. Which as I learned is only a 15th or so what couples usually spend. More cash for babymaking left.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:27 AM

JAM!!! CONGRATULATIONS!  WOWZERS!

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Old 07-30-2013, 10:39 AM

Jam, how exciting! Congratulations!!!!! Don't worry if it is faint, that should be normal so early. Happy sticky baby vibes.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Jam: Woo hoo congrats! A line is a line. 

Fried: I've still got my fingers crossed for you. The wedding sounds great, we also did something pretty small, although it ended up costing a lot more than we thought. Sooooo much less than most people spend, we wanted to buy a house, go on vacations, have a baby and not be paying of a wedding for years. 

Liz: I'm glad to hear things are going better, good luck with the retrieval. I've got everything crossed for you. Do you go back for the transfer or stay until the transfer? This is my lack of IVF knowledge showing. 

Isa: How's the TWW going? Any new symptoms? 

Fmorris: How did the other insems go? 

AFM: CD 8 here....waiting and waiting. Unfortunately I have a bit longer cycles so I've got at least 10 more days of waiting. My stepmom is doing okay, done with radiation for now. It's been hard to see her so, well sick. Good news is that my little sister is coming back in a couple of weeks, hopefully after our insem (that could be awkward) since she is staying at our house. She has to come out here for some legal stuff but I'm pretty happy about seeing her again so soon. DW and I just have to figure out timing. It seems like I O pretty soon after a + OPK. Has anyone done the insemination 12 hours after a positive or is that too soon? 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
Old 07-30-2013, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yay, jam! FX for you! I got my first super-faint BFP at 10DPO, and it only got darker! When I called my doc to tell them, they said I might as well get the bloodwork right away... See if you can move yours earlier!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
Old 07-30-2013, 01:56 PM

Jenny, lol I guess I do have some tricks up mye sleeve, huh? DP seemed to have them up her sleeve this time lol. Thanks for the luck!! And how awesome is it to have great friends to give you meds and swimmers! Hope it does the trick for you.

Isa, thank you! All is going well so far. 1 more insem tomorrow. How are the symptoms going, you've got a lot of promising ones!

Liz, we did the second last night. So we did one about 35 hours before + opk and then about 35 hours after the first + opk. So awesome for the follies!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyy!! Good luck with the retrieval!!

Friederike, double yay for that long awaited smiley lol. I felt like it was Mye birthday when I saw it lol. Nd I'd love to have some thread keepers luck! No doubt there is a barrage of swimmers in there so Kmfx! And I'm just as baffled about how kd got the swimmers in there lol and I'm using 5 ml ones I got at Mye local Chemist. Sorry about the doc not being able to get you on the weekend. You would think since you're her only IUI you would think she could make an exception. Either way good luck on the ceremony!!!!

Red rock, it went very well. It's always comical doing the headstand afterward lol. Glad your stepmom is doing ok, I know that's hard for you. Seeing Mye uncle (Mye mums twin) sick like that. *hugs* as far as an early insem, I've Insemmed 12 or so hours after Mye trigger by Mye doctors advice. I guess it just depends on how long after a + you O. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but good luck

Jam, heyyyyyyyy what about that second line!! wooooo hooooooo!!

AFM, insem number 2 was last night. So we did the insem 35 hours before Mye first + opk and 35 hours after the first +. The best thing about last nights insem was...NO LEAKAGE!! Lol the best! So last insem will be tomorrow seeing as I still had a smiley on the CB digital this morning. I think Mye window was well covered smile.gif I guess I'm in the Tww, huh?? I'll talk with DP and see if we're gonna test on a certain day or wait till AF is due. Good luck to everyone!!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 07-30-2013, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

jam yes that's awesome!!! fingers crossed for you, hope it stays good news xxxx

fried - DW found her dress for about £20 in the train station of all places. Ours cost less than £1,000 all up for 100 people as we did food & everything ourselves. Was pretty stressful so just take time off when you need it as it's two big things you're doing at the same time. tank on a 3 hour trip doesn't sound like much fun, and fairly conspicious but I imagine also quite amusing smile.gif

Redrock yep staying here. We basically don't know until tomorrow or Thursday exactly when they need to transfer the eggs back in (it depends on how long they survive for, how many survive etc). It will either be Friday or Monday so no point me going anywhere at all.

fmorris how are things with you?

AFM getting a bit nervous now, esp as DW left this morning. I'm worried that what happened last time will happen again & the eggs won't be ready to come out but I just have to trust the meds do their work. Our hope is we can do the 5 day blastocyst instead of the 2/3 day transfer as it double the chances of success. This depends on how many eggs they harvest, how many fertilise and the attrition rate.

I'll let you all know tomorrow!

Old 07-30-2013, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Fried you want me to leave you where you are?

Lovestreet13, jwaite05 & Prettyisa how are you ladies getting on?

Old 07-30-2013, 02:33 PM

Liz put me in waiting to O please.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:02 PM

Hi, everyone!  Jenny, that's amazing, pricewise: our sperm is 705 a vial, plus 205 to ship, and our IUI cycles are 700 each, plus 100 to receive sperm, another 100 to thaw it, and 80-100 for the hcg trigger, making each cycle (without clomid or injectibles!) a whopping $1900ish?  I feel sick...

The money issues have settled down a bit, and we've just resigned ourselves to going broke trying to have a baby.  Now, if we actually get pregnant, who knows!

Jam, that is such incredibly exciting news!  keep us posted!

Liz, could you move me to waiting to O?  

We had our first ultrasound last week, and are getting ready for this friday, when we will have a courthouse wedding at 10:30 am, and then our second ultrasound at 3pm!   We had a big wedding (80 guests) last summer, so this is a whole different planning experience, but I'm loving it!  We each got dresses for cheap (mine was on ebay for $30, hers was on sale for $60 at macy's) and are rewearing our accessories from the last wedding.  I'm getting us small bouquets, and she hired a photographer.  That's IT!  I love it!  

So, my partner's cycle is short and like clockwork, so she'll probably O this weekend, maybe monday, so we shipped the sperm already, adn it should arrive thursday, and our RE will do the insem either sunday or monday, unless the u/s reveals different timing is needed :)  We're using a trigger shot, but no other meds.

Can I just say how crazy it is that this is our FIRST insemination, and yet we've been dealing with  the "infertility" world for so long that we've forgotten that we're not actually infertile at this point--we've just NEVER tried!  So excited to get started.  We might miss september's IUI because of timing, but we plan to do them monthly after that--if this month's doesn't work, that is :)

Right now, my biggest source of stress is should I buy more vials of our donor or not?  We have 6, shipped 2 of them to our RE, and he only has 23 left (our bank doesn't keep any extra for siblings, so if he sells out, he sells out).  They're so expensive I don't know if we can afford it, but if we get pregnant, we'll be glad we have enough to try for a sibling....what do to???

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:31 PM

sandie: holy moly!  Can I ask which bank you are using?  I am using The Sperm Bank of California.  They are a non-profit bank.  They recently raised their rates for anonymous donors to 550.00 for washed samples -- ID Release donors are 650.00.  They have a flat rate shipping fee of 200.00, so I always ship all three at once to my RE (who stores for free!), so that is a huge savings right there.  Those prices you quoted seem really exorbitant to me.  I thought I had it rough, I'm paying about half of what it's costing you and the clinic I go to is affiliate to a teach hospital full of residents from Brown University.  Have you shopped around?  I know the cost of living in CA is higher than RI, but I don't think that can account for such a difference.

Hopefully you'll have beginner's luck and won't need to worry about how to afford multiple cycles!  

It's a gamble on what to do about more samples, but you could end up with a whole lot of sperm that you don't end up needing and tying up funds that could potentially be better used toward procedures.  The donor I'm using was just released when I purchased them, so I'm taking a chance and will stock up if I actually get pregnant.  If it runs out, I guess I will have to just live with it, but I just don't have the extra capital floating around to buy up a whole bunch.

I'm still reeling from those fees! REally? They charge you to RECEIVE THE SPERM??? Really?? 

liz: good luck tomorrow!!! <3  Fingers crossed for a flawless retrieval with EGGcellent EGGIES!

fmorris: Hope this is your last tww!!!

Question to everyone:  How many tries have you done so far?  This will be my 6th over the course of the last year.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:17 AM

Jenny, we did shop around, and found a place that's $599 instead of our current RE's $700 for a natural IUI, and doesn't charge the $200 or sperm receipt and thawing charges.  They DO, however, charge $275 to establish as a new patient, so it sort of evens out, plus means even more time off of work for my partner who is trying to juggle these appointments with family visits and out of town weddings.  yikes.  We're still moving forward to schedule with them for our 2nd or 3rd IUI since this one's already paid for with our current RE and we just found out (through this very board!) about the other one.

We can't find anything cheaper that includes ultrasound monitoring.  We did find a woman who will literally just do the IUI for about $200 (she already charged us $300 to do basic intake and give us a speculum), but she doesn't do any monitoring or drugs at all.  Just a bed in a back room.

Angst!

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

sandie good luck on the wedding, ultrasound and the insem. You sure have an exciting couple of weeks ahead of you! Also great your DW's cycles are like clockwork,  makes monitoring much easier. Let us know how you go!!!!

Jenn - thanks! As to your question, we 'tried' 3 goes at home but only one of them was any good as I was really sick for the first and for the last the meds moved my cycle up 2 weeks so we had the sperm in time for my AF so it went in the bin. This is our second IVF but again the first was a dud which is all very frustrating.

AFM off in 30 mins to the doc, really nervous now & my phone has died (after plonking it for a moment in water) so I can't ring DW after I find out what's going on. Frustrating!!!!

Old 07-31-2013, 12:54 AM

Sandie yay for cheap weddings! Have fun this weekend and tell us all about how it went later.

Liz not turning it on and putting it in rice helps rescue wet phones. I'll be thinking of you this morning. Good luck!

QOTD we had 8 cycles trying since december, one resulted in an early loss (no. 6). It's maddening. Before started I always told my very excited DP it could take 8 tries before if works, but I never really expected it taking that long, since I am still kinda young and have no known fertility issues besides lowish progesterone. I find it a really hard process to go through emotionally and in our relationship.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:40 AM - Thread Starter

fried yeah did that a couple of weeks ago & seemed to be working OK but now just when I need it it's not!

Well ladies, much more successful than last time -12 eggs!!!  I need to ring on Friday to see how many fertilised & whether I do the 3 or 5 day transfer (hoping for 5 day). Any extras (fingers, toes & legs crossed) they'll freeze. It was quite painful & there was more bleeding than I'd expected but that's the hardest part done now.

Tags
Lgbtq , Trying To Conceive
User Tag List