Queer conceptions: July 2013 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 163 Old 06-30-2013, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
July - celebrate American Independence Day by bringing a new life into the world.  While July marks the start of the second half of the year, it also marks the hottest month of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and lazy, summer days perfect for baby-making.

Please put your updates in BOLD.

GRADUATES: Please click here to share how you got your BFP!

Waiting to O whistling.gif

JustAnotherJenny blogging.jpg
Lizbian
fillefantome BFPChart2.gif
Fmorris28 BFPChart2.gif
jam51212
mamaetmaman
redrockband
Friederike
Sandiegongp

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2ww fingersx.gif

Lovestreet13
jwaite05
Prettyisa

Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be ready wool.gif

pookafaye
lea2012
SanDiego78
DarcySD
KWPX2 BFPChart2.gif
Twomommyfamily
TineyDreams
Scorpioma BFPChart2.gif
Rs11
Darthtunaqueen
TillyBarry
heart-n-bones
BByH1Pr

chicken3.gif2013 Graduates! chicken3.gif
May *Lovingisliving joy.gif
March * Escher joy.gif * Sotohana joy.gif * Amt1015 joy.gif
February * Granite joy.gif
January * Esenbee2 joy.gif * LindseyW joy.gif * Sphinxy joy.gif

2012 Graduates!

December * Joyseattle * Mrsandmrs & Bigfoot
October * Cordelia15 * PokeyAC * Easttowest * ErinTNgirl * Outdoorsy
September * Wishin'&hopin' * Lisedea * Tandy401
August *Thenewzero * KnittingTigers * TaraL
July * Cananny
May * Mtnlisa
April * Nosreves
March * SkyandTru * JuneBug
February * MidwifeStephPDX * SouthernBelle24
January * Planet * Dandylez

2011 Graduates!

December * DesertSunsets
November * Aljm41910
October * Vienna79 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious * SwtRainbowBrite * Go_Vegan
September * Smilingsara * Ad Astra * Mumquest
August * Prettyisa
July * Onemommyonemama * Southern Fried Karma
June * CrystalPerez * Qmama42
May * KellySF
April * Want2bmumx2 * Indigoscot
March * Graceie * Seraf * 2ezforyou * Mommy55
February * Escher * SharriKitColorado * DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow * AmyPDX * AmandaHope * Cejae
September * Solejean * Painefaria
August * Bttrflygypsy * 2happymamas * LibraryLady
July * Beastie * Gumshoegirl007 * Wehrli
June * Coco
May * Burg * Korey
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & Smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#2 of 163 Old 06-30-2013, 12:08 PM

Good luck to everyone! I hope that July is a very fertile month! fingersx.giffingersx.gif

Liz: I'm sorry that you weren't able to insem this last cycle, but it is exciting that you could be in Denmark in less than two weeks!

Isa: It's fun to see you over here! Are you IUIing next month?

Hi to everyone else!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#3 of 163 Old 06-30-2013, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread, Liz!

Escher--nope! We decided to do a couple low-tech ICIs at home just for the hell of it before we head back to the doctor for IVF. They never found a reason for the problems last time, so we thought we'd try it and see if we get lucky. smile.gif

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#4 of 163 Old 06-30-2013, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Escher how's everything going with you? you feeling OK?

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#5 of 163 Old 06-30-2013, 10:34 PM

Dropping in to say hi to everyone....I've been pretty silent for a while, but we'll soon (hopefully) be back trying this summer, looks like possibly August.  We're now at a new doctor, the best of the best here in San Diego (though we still love our old doctors)...and there has been lots of blood work, tests, and procedures going on these days for my wife.  

Good luck ladies! 

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#6 of 163 Old 07-01-2013, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Hey SanDiego and good to hear from you again. I'm glad you've got a new doctor, here's hoping they can sort things out for you. I'm with you on the tests - I'm having a lot & VERY expensive - £300 for a blood test and £200 for an ultrasound!

#7 of 163 Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi SanDiego and welcome back. Good luck with those tests, I hope they find the right trick for a quick conception and healthy pregnancy. We should all make some sweet little spring babies.

#8 of 163 Old 07-01-2013, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Happy Canada day to all the Canadians out there - I hope you enjoy it! Ultrasound tomorrow - fx my follies are doing OK and that I can go to Denmark next week otherwise I'm wasting another £600 in tests. Can't book anything until I know.

#9 of 163 Old 07-01-2013, 02:15 PM

Hello all,

I've been away for a while, and am actually going to be continuing my taking-a-break status until the fall - after a lot of discussion and contemplation DP and I decided to wait to try again until after a trip we have planned for September so that I can fully enjoy the trip and my body and mind can continue to heal from the miscarriages. Even though I think it is the best decision, I'm having a hard time with waiting to try again - I have such a strong desire (probably a familiar feeling to many of you) to just get on with the process.

Just wanted to wish lots of luck to everyone trying this month. Thanks Liz for keeping the thread this month - I hope you're able to proceed as planned with your trip to Denmark.

With all the discussion about the cost of things, I thought you all might be interested in this article, http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/01/health/american-way-of-birth-costliest-in-the-world.html?pagewanted=all about how giving birth in America is costlier than anywhere else in the world. In fact, the cost of a miscarriage turns out to be very expensive too - with my mc in May I ended up in the emergency room (tmi - I was bleeding excessively and really dizzy and vomiting) and I'm still getting bills from that visit - so far over $3,300 for an ultrasound, a couple blood tests, some monitoring, and some pain medication. I was only there for 4 hours. I didn't even have a d&c. What a messed up system. 

Anyway, trying to give myself some time of self-care and planning and keeping an eye on my cycles. I'll be cheering you all on from a distance.

me (34) and dp (39). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! 

****5****10****15****20****25****
30****35***40
#10 of 163 Old 07-02-2013, 08:53 AM

Hey ladies! Back! I've been talking with our KD and arranging things for this month. Getting all the paperwork (contracts) and what not as well. Looks like we're giving it a go this month. First time using a KD and we're shipping it overnight. I've been talking to DP about inseminating meeh nd having her watch the early seasons of The L word to give her an idea what'll be going on in our bedroom lol. I'm excited. LIZBIAN could I be moved to "waiting to O" please. Good luck to everyone!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#11 of 163 Old 07-02-2013, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Lea, good luck with your break and I hope it means you can regroup and have a good summer without thinking about it too much.

fmorris - good luck!!!!!! that is very exciting and I hope it all goes well for you. Moving you now x

AFM I'M GOING TO DENMARK!!! had a day 8 scan today - had 7 follies already 10mm and the gonal should help boost them a bit more. Another scan on Friday should give us an update and I've booked for us to leave Saturday afternoon until the following Sunday. Now just need to get a dog sitter! Excited that it's finally come around and even more excited as our flat completes on Thursday and we'll be £70,000 better off - perfect timing!!!!

#12 of 163 Old 07-02-2013, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi all! 

Fmorris: How exciting! I have my fingers crossed for you and hope the KD is going to do the trick

Lizbian: Horray! Fingers crossed. 

Lea: We also decided to postpone trying until August, I wanted to be able to sit on the beach and drink margaritas one last time for a while. Interesting article indeed, I can't believe our healthcare system sometimes. The cancer stuff with my stepmom and the insurance company is just outrageous. 

Sandiego: Hope that testing gives you some answers. We'll be trying in August as well. smile.gif

AFM: We picked a donor! DW picked the bank...the one I wanted to use didn't have a donor that we liked. We narrowed down our search, bought a bunch of photos and then picked the one we liked. It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. DW is a much more impulsive decision maker, but since I am the one carrying, if this is the donor that she feels best meets her characteristics then I'm happy too. We told my mom and sisters we picked a donor, they are all really excited. My sister's baby is 2 months old so we are hoping our kids will be close in age. We'll be ordering the swimmers and doing our first insem the first of August, time is just flying by. 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
#13 of 163 Old 07-02-2013, 02:23 PM

Lizbian, glad things are looking so great for you! I hope all goes very well for you. Thank you for the good vibes mye way as well!

Redrock, THank you much!! Good news on finding the donor! That is one of the hardest parts. Now on to making a LO! best of luck!

AFM, ordering more wondfo ovulation and CB digital ovulation tests for later this month. :) Good deals on ebay. Got mye test strips and CB strips for 18.99 free shipping on both :)

QUESTION: So this cycle we're using a KD and having the fresh sample shipped overnight with the TYB. I know that frozen swimmers live roughly 12 hours or so and absolutely fresh can live up to 5 days in some cases. BUT how long to shipped swimmers live seeing as they're not frozen nor completely fresh. I'm thinking they should live longer than the frozen from the bank. ANY IDEAS? Thanks ladies!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

#14 of 163 Old 07-02-2013, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Good luck Fmorris! I hope you and DP have as much fun inseminating as we did! Hope KD is the one!

Good luck Liz! Things are looking up! Grow follies grow!

Lea- we're gonna try this cycle, and then I'm thinking of taking a break for TTC-ing. My arms are barely healing in time from previous cycles, and I'm not sure I can handle the emotional rollercoaster. I think that the time off will result in a healthier environment that may yield greater success next time?

AFM- I have just finished 5 days of Letrozole- they upped my dose to 5mg per day because I wasn't responding much to the 2.5mg dose. Tomorrow I go in for BW and US to see how I'm doing on this dose. The school year has also ended, but I've foolishly signed up to teach the summer session (we've got some reno's we want to do). Today was our first day, and it was HELL. Normally it isn't so bad, but due to massive budget cuts in Ontario's public education system, they've significantly increased my class size, and I have to do pretty much all of my photocopying out of my own pocket. It is kind of ridiculous and I'm afraid that the stress of all of it is going to affect my TTC chances. Ugh. Anyway, I'm trying to stay positive by counting down the days until I'm done.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

#15 of 163 Old 07-02-2013, 11:06 PM

Sandiego78, I'm in SD too!  We live in Golden Hill.  Can I ask you which doctors you've seen and are currently seeing?

We had a new patient meeting at a nonprofit hippie type place run by a cool lesbian nurse practitioner.  We had sort of mixed reactions to the practice and everything.  We also have an appointment in two weeks at an RE practice, so I'm not sure where we'll end up.  I think we're aiming to do a natural IUI with the NP in August, and see how it goes.

She mentioned using up to 4 vials per cycle, which pretty much gave me a panic attack, because honestly, we just spent $4300 on 6 vials, and we haven't even paid to ship them yet.  This is just crazy expensive.

We did come back from our new patient consult with the RN with a speculum of our very own, and I have since acquired Taking Charge of Your Fertility, the Brill one, and Rachel Pepper's book, so we should be all set to amp up our charting and make the most out of the time we have to learn about my lady's cycle.

For those of you on your TWW, good luck!  I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this group.  Oh, and you can place me in the Waiting to be Ready category, since we definitely won't be inseminating this month.  Now, we head back to the east coast for 4 days with my family...I guess we can see how stress affects lady's cycle...

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
#16 of 163 Old 07-03-2013, 01:05 AM

Sandie from the several studies I read, there is no increase in pregnancy rates from multiple IUIs in a cycle. One well-timed insem with decent numbers (> 5 million per sample) is enough. I would ask a lot of questions about such a suggestion.

fmorris- how exciting. I am glad you're back and good luck!

Liz grow follies, grow. Just 3 more days till Denmark. Yay.

mama I hope the increased dose did the trick. If you feel better taking a break, go for it, but I wouldn't worry too much about the negative impact of stress. Women get pregnant all the time under stressful situations.

Afm- my period is MIA. Should have come 2 days ago or yesterday, which would have allowed us to insem on friday next week, so now we're looking at a weekend O date, unless she stays away a bit longer, which would allow us to insem on monday 15th. I started taking progesterone as a last minute attempt to prolong this LP. I think it could be my thyroid meds messing with my cycle. Agh. DP is pondering doing a home IUI in case of a weekend ovulation, but is really unsure. I am so over the waiting I don't want to sit out another month. Upside - we got our marriage license and set the date, sent out the invites, bought rings, ordered a dress and booked the restaurant. Getting married means we'll be able to do IVF locally, so we'll probably move on to that if I am still not pregnant by october.

#17 of 163 Old 07-03-2013, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Sandie--that is CRAZY talk! Don't do it unless you have a KD or are made of money--we did double IUIs every time when trying to get pregnant last time and it didn't work. This time we're going to do single vials and save some money. I think Friederike is right, the statistics don't bear out that many vials.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#18 of 163 Old 07-03-2013, 10:49 AM

Sandie - sometimes a practitioner will recommend multiple IUIs if they are trying to do less monitoring in a cycle or if there is confusion about when you are actually ovulating. I did all of my cycles with 1 iui on the recommendation of our clinic/doctor/nurses. We were using a trigger shot, serial ultrasound monitoring and daily E2 bloodwork to precisely time IUIs because frozen sperm has such a short lifespan. On our last cycle, we had pushed each other around so much on the question of timing (they insisted that 12 hours post-trigger shot was their best practice, and I wanted them to go 24 hours post-trigger shot) so they suggested we both 'win' and do two IUIs, with the caveat that multiple IUIs can lead to higher rates of multiples. I was hesitant about the extra expense, but since I'm now pregnant with twins, I can't complain much. It was cheaper than another cycle with injectable drugs, monitoring & trigger shots. So, I think a case can be made for the benefits of extra IUIs, but that it is not necessarily a good solution for everyone. Adding a trigger shot or some extra monitoring may make more of a difference for you. I can't imagine a situation where you would do 4 IUIs in one cycle, though. That seems like throwing frozen sperm at a problem that would be better solved with a couple ultrasounds. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#19 of 163 Old 07-03-2013, 11:14 AM

But you used follicle stimulating drugs, right? Therefore you probably had more than one egg which might ovulate at slightly different times so multiple IUIs indeed give more chance of sucess. In an unstimmed cycle there is only one egg usually so multiples aren't likely.

#20 of 163 Old 07-03-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friederike View Post

But you used follicle stimulating drugs, right? Therefore you probably had more than one egg which might ovulate at slightly different times so multiple IUIs indeed give more chance of sucess. In an unstimmed cycle there is only one egg usually so multiples aren't likely.

Yes, I definitely used follicle stimulating drugs. I had multiple follicles, which gave me a wider range of time when I could successfully catch an egg. My chance of success with 1 IUI was much higher than in an unstimmed cycle. Two IUIs not only increased the chance of any success but also improved the chance of multiples. Maybe it was overkill, or maybe it was the secret boost I needed. There's no way to tell. 

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#21 of 163 Old 07-03-2013, 12:44 PM

San Diego - nice to see another local person in the group!  We are currently working with these doctors - http://www.sdfertility.com/

Let me know if you have any questions,

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#22 of 163 Old 07-03-2013, 12:57 PM

Sandie, I'm with the others, though I'm sure it depends on your health care options: The cost of 1 IUI plus a bunch of monitoring is likely less than that of 2 or 3 or 4 IUIs!!!

I had two cycles with monitoring: The first one, I had an u/s on CD15, and another the next day on CD16 to confirm the growth rate of the one follie I had ready to go. Based on that, the doc wanted to insem on CD18... Unfortunately, I was called out of town to work, and didn't get to do it.  The second one, I had u/s on CD14 & CD16 (which showed steady growth of one follie again), then insem on CD17.  Annnnnd that was it, cuz I got pregnant.

My FertilityFriend chart is here, in case you're interested! And as I haven't heard you mention it, I'd recommend checking out that site, as it's another excellent tool to help with sorting out your patterns.

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#23 of 163 Old 07-03-2013, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

fmorris does the donor 'deposit' and then ship straight away? It would definitely be longer than frozen but not sure exactly how much longer- I'd guess at least 3 days depending on how it's stored for that period?

Mama good luck for the us and bw - I hope everything looks good. I know what you mean about volunteering for more stuff. I seem to have a problem saying no but am trying to a bit more to spend some time with DW and reduce stress.

Sandiegongp - moved & welcome! I hope you have luck when you decide to try. That's a lot of money. I think if they are sensible when planning the insem you should be able to reduce the vials - 4 sounds like overkill to me esp when there's a lot you can do to pinpoint the timing.

Friederike I was wondering where your AF was! Sorry to hear it's delayed and I hope the timing works for you. Congrats on marriage licence & all the other bits - that's very exciting but what if you are pregnant? Will you have to change your dress? Awesome news about local IVF as well but I hope it doesn't come to that x

AFM bit of a stressful day as having to book everything so last minute for Denmark but think we're there. The hardest is getting 3 dogs & a cat minded with only 3 days notice but luckily I have contacts due to my pet photography so all sorted. Phew! Also flat going to court tomorrow finally so can't wait to have £70k in the bank which will help with costs coming up. Next US on Friday - now on follie 'growth hormone' as well as the drug to stop O until I need it. Getting excited!!!!

#24 of 163 Old 07-03-2013, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for your well wishes everyone!

Friederike- congrats on the marriage stuff! Hopefully it'll look like a "shotgun wedding". Lol.

liz- good luck in Denmark!!

Hope everyone else is doing well too!
#25 of 163 Old 07-04-2013, 08:37 AM

Mamaet, Thank you so very much. I think we'll enjoy it being just the two of us! This will be a new experience! I took letrozole as well one cycle. Oddly enough I didn't respond as well to it as with clomid, but i've heard its worked wonders for a lot of people! I hope that summer teaching won't be too stressful, and you end up with a BFP! Good luck.

Friederike, I'm glad to be back as well. Thank you for the luck. Super congratulations on the marriage. That is absolute brilliant news. Best of luck and I hope it will be way before October!

Lizbian, I'm going to check what the latest drop of at his local fedex would be. If there is one thats rather late (like 7 p.m.) and I overnight, I can pick it up by next morning and that would barely be any travel time. Ideally I would like him to 'deposit' and get it right in the post. I'd more than likely see about getting some dry ice or some gel packs like they send it in to do an inseam a bit later on if possible. That stress might just be overshadowed because you've got some great things happening here shortly! Best of luck!!

AFM, Well I'm definitely getting things in order. Now, about this pressed, I'm on the fence about if I need it. So, I'm shooting for DP insem right at the base of my cervix and I'm not sure if I need it or not. ANy thoughts? This whole at home KD thing is so new and a lot to learn, but I'm enjoying it. I need to make a checklist and make sure I have everything I need lol…but then again that might be helpful!

#26 of 163 Old 07-04-2013, 09:27 AM

Happy July, all. Wanted to check in and say hi. We made it up to SF Pride this weekend with two kids in tow. That was simultaneously insane and wonderful. The crowds were such that I won't be doing that again with kids for many years to come. But, I'm so glad we made it this year. City hall announced that it would be staying open all weekend to accommodate marriages with the stay being lifted and I decided that the newlyweds deserved a flower girl. We bought dozens and dozens of flowers and helped DD S pass them out to the couples. It was so much fun!

And, you know what else? We also met up with a dear friend who has agreed to be our KD. I'm so happy - everything is falling in to place to start trying in August!

Good luck and baby dust to you all  dust.gif I'll be here quietly cheering you all on  smile.gif

AppleMark

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

#27 of 163 Old 07-04-2013, 12:47 PM

Ohhhh my goodness, Pookafaye!!  What a lovely idea!!  What a beautiful contribution and memory for your family.  *sniff!!*

Lizbian, so glad to hear that things are going well and everything's a GO!

I gotta run, so kind of a drive-by, but please move me to TWW !! 

Had an OPK at 9:30 yesterday morning (tho that was the first test of the day, so could've been positive earlier.)  DP and I did an IUI at 9:30pm and everything was perfect.  Cervix was tilted much easier to get at, and wide open.  Much more so than last month.  DP was an f-in champ this time!!  I knew she'd be good at this...  Very careful, meticulous, and very gentle.  Then had some sexy-time with me  love.gif, and then I went to sleep for the night.  IUI again at 11:00 this morning.  Meant to be earlier, but we were both being lazy and moving slowly.  Again, cervix, CM and opening were all great.  Our frozen swimmers were a lot last night, I think like 14ml, and less today-- probably 10ml.

Question for you all, because we ran into this, this time around--  can the CM make like a membrane around the cervix?  Last night, DP was like, "Wow, it's so shiny, it's like I'm going to have to break it."  And then while inseming, she said there was a pool of this liquid at the bottom of the cervix.  This confused her at first, because she thought it might be stuff dripping from my opening.  But it definitely wasn't, and it happened again this morning.  I'm sure it's not a bad thing, just thought I'd ask for confirmation if anyone has seen that before.  Thanks!

I am 33.  I've been with my partner for 6 years. partners.gif  July31/Aug1- 3rd at home IUI with FDS

July 2013- 2nd at home IUI with FDS (new donor)- BFN, June 2013 1st at home IUI -BFN... 

(Before that, 3 tries at the clinic with FDS, 2 with clomid and 1 with femara)

#28 of 163 Old 07-04-2013, 04:29 PM

Isa: I'm excited that you're trying ICIs. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they'll provide you with a lovely almost-surprise pregnancy.

Lea: I'm sorry that the wait is hard. I found having to wait to try again to be one of the hardest parts of a loss. hug.gif

SanDiego: I'm glad that you have a fantastic new RE!

Liz: Hooray for Denmark!

Sorry I don't have more time for personals. Hi to everyone else!

Random Offer: We somehow ended up with a lot (about 1.5 pounds) of extra organic red clover blossom (one of the ingredients in Brill's fertility tea blend). If's from Starwest Botanicals. Would anyone like it? I'm happy to mail it to you (for free), since it seems silly to just throw it away.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#29 of 163 Old 07-05-2013, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

escher: If you don't have any takers yet I'd be happy to take it off your hands. I've been taking it, but could only find it in liquid form. 

lovestreet: good luck, it sounds like your DP is getting the hang of it. Did someone show her how to do the IUI or is she just amazing?

pookafaye: That is just adorable! 

fmorris: It sounds like you are getting everything together. Are you shooting for a July insem? 

lizbian: Exciting indeed! When are you headed to Denmark? 

AFM: Nothing new here. DW and I are going bathing suit shopping today and then lots of other preparation for our trip to Mexico on Sunday, including finishing painting our living room. I can hardly wait to be sitting on the beach, scuba diving and exploring the Mayan temples. 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
#30 of 163 Old 07-05-2013, 12:28 PM

Redrock, most definitely a July insem. Closer towards the end of the month though. Have fun on your trip! Mexico sounds awesome right now.

AFM, still preparing everything. Got lucky on eBay and got 20 more digital test strips For mye CB digital o tester and a tube of preseed for $35 and free shipping. I like a good deal Lol. All the other listings were $30-40 for the strips and $21 at least for the preseed. Yay!

Tags
Lgbtq , Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page