Mothering Forum banner

Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting- July, August, & September 2013!

10K views 221 replies 29 participants last post by  lizbian 
#1 ·
Welcome Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting folks!

This is the summer thread, for the months of July, August, & September in 2013.

If you want to be added, just post in bold with your due date. Also, if you have recently had your babe(s), please chime in with the name and birth date in bold. If your information is not correct or has changed, please also post in bold so that I can get it corrected!!

Pregnant - Due Dates

October 2013

Sphinxy, EDD 10/10/2013

November 2013

poiyt

granite, EDD 11/5/2013

escher, EDD 11/24/2013

sotohana, EDD 11/25/2013

baby.fatty, EDD 11/30/2013

December 2013

Amt1015, EDD 12/5/2013

February 2014

gamitzer

BreadandCoffee, EDD 2/22/14

March 2014

JenMostOften & justrose13 (formerly wehrli), EDD 3/13/14

April 2014

Lizbian, EDD 4/23/14

Graduates

MrsandMrs & Bigfoot, twin boys (O & M), born 8/13/13

Esenbee, twin boys, born 8/11/13

Carmen358, London, born 7/26/13

Outdoorsy, baby boy, born 7/3/13

erinTNgirl, Saxon Nash, born 6/28/13

Tourneymama, Anakin, born 6/27/13

PokeyAC, Charlie Vaughn, born 6/26/13

CocoBird, Amadora Charlotte, born 6/21/13

MaxK, Aiden, born 6/18/13

easttowest, Nathaniel, born 6/18/13

Cordelia15, baby girl, born 6/11/13

wishin'&hopin', baby boy, born 5/12/13

SplashingPuddle, baby girl, born 5/2/13

KnittingTigers, Theron River & Jane Sofia, born 4/27/13

lisedea, Sawyer, Elliott, & Miles, born 3/24/13

Cananny, August, Gage & Finn, born 2/24/13

KateAdele, baby girl, born 12/12

Nosreves, Elio Sol, 12/5/12 - 12/6/12

MidwifeStephPDX, Lucie Rain, born 10/25/12

Planet, Wylie Blue, born 9/9/12

DesertSunsets, Everleigh Jane, born 9/1/12

dandylez, Adair Seamus, born 6/28/12

KSDoulaMama, surro-babe, born 6/27/12

SwtRainbowBrite, Riley Sophia, born 6/25/12

PleasantlyFurious, Zoe Aurora, born 6/22/12

SmilingSara & Seraf, Soren Dare, born 5/2/12

PrettyIsa, Edith Josephine, born 4/18/12

Ad Astra, boy/girl twins, born 4/11/12

Onemommyonemama, Sage S., born 3/21/12

Qmama42, baby girl, born 1/18/12

Indigo, baby girl A, born 1/8/12

CrystalPerez, Cohen Anthony, born 12/12/11

glassesgirlnj, Annamaria Sigyn Estelle, born 11/28/11

Mami2mami, Layla Janae, born 11/22/11

DAWNMP1, Raya Sylvan, born 11/10/11

2ezforyou, Jagger Stone, born 11/2/11

Seraf & SmilingSara, Shay Brock, born 11/1/11

Escher, baby boy, born 10/24/11

Julietea, Rowan Kathryn, born 10/16/11

Starling&Diesel, Hawksley Solace, born 10/2/11

AmyPDX, Alexander Cole, born 8/7/11

AmandaHope, Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11

Pigirl, baby boy, born 7/22/11

Mizyellow, Harrison, born 7/20/11

Painefaria, Keegan, born 5/23/11

Cejae, Emmerson & Parker, born 5/22/11

Imogenlily, Soloman Dov, born 5/3/11

2HappyMamas, baby, born 4/16/11

Bttrflygypsy, Elliot Graham, born 4/15/11

LibraryLady, Alice Meredith, born 4/8/11

Wehrli & jenmostoften, Silas Scott, born 4/4/11

Gumshoegirl007, Addison Alexis Réal, born 3/24/11

Beastie, Esther, born 3/13/11

Burg, Reed Kylie, born 2/05/11

Korey, baby girl T, born 1/30/11

Coco99, Chloe & Charlie, born 1/30/11

Abeecharmer, twin girls, born 1/10/11

Recovering from Losses, Held in Our Hearts

MaxK

NZmumof2

TineyDreams

nosreves

Kgulbransen

Fivegrandbaby

Jam51212

See less See more
#202 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsandmrs View Post

We have to deal with everyone's shit about gender regardless. .
Yup. In all it's forms.
My 4yo girl has short hair and was wearing a pink cape, pink pajamas and orange crocs at the library last week and the grandma beside her referred to her as a boy. EVEN WITH ALL THAT PINK! Because in her mind, it was more plausible that a boy would wear pink than a girl would have short hair? Then we went to the park and she changed into her blue swim shorts and brown swim top, and everyone who didn't know her figured her for a boy.
My 2yo boy wears his sisters hand-me-down dresses and supposedly girlish pants and no one assumes he's a girl now that he has short hair, but when he had long flowing locks, everyone assumed he was a girl, no matter what he was wearing!
And that's just two examples ...

#203 ·
It's a BOY! The ultrasound was this morning, and DS was so patient and interested during the whole thing. As soon as they said it was a boy, he grinned and hugged DP so tight. It was also nice that the ultrasound tech let him ask if she could see babies pee during ultrasounds. The answer is YES. Haha. We are so happy he looks healthy and all is well. I got teary just seeing my little guy on the screen.
:throb

#204 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamitzer View Post

It's a BOY! The ultrasound was this morning, and DS was so patient and interested during the whole thing. As soon as they said it was a boy, he grinned and hugged DP so tight. It was also nice that the ultrasound tech let him ask if she could see babies pee during ultrasounds. The answer is YES. Haha. We are so happy he looks healthy and all is well. I got teary just seeing my little guy on the screen.
:throb
Yay! congrats!

#206 ·
My DD has always had short hair. When she was 9 months old, we were in a check out line and an older couple stopped to admire her. She was wearing a white top with purple accents and purple strech pants with a ruffle on the butt. The women went on and on about wjat a cute boy she was, despite me answering all of her questions with "She is..." Then the women kept going on about "Why would your mommy dress a boy with ruffle butt pants." The whole thing was pretty ridiculous. People always tend to go off of hair length to jump to sex determinations. I just don't get why it even matters to add in a pronoun. Wouldn't saying, Oh, you have such a cute baby... work just fine?

#208 ·
Yup, we got some great pics, including a good profile shot. My DS wanted to bring one of the picutres to school today, but said he definitely was not bringing the penis picture (the tech put a giant arrow by the tip...lol). We're planning to name him Benjamin. :)

BandC, are you guys doing an anatomy scan? And/or try to find out the sex? You're next in line after our kid!

#209 ·
gamitzer-Benjamin is a very sweet name. my cousin's second child is Bennett, and he's a very lovely little Ben.

yes, my dp and i are having an anatomy scan on monday. that will be 19 weeks 1 day--so a little bit earlier than yours. i specifically want to check out his/her little profile, and we both want to know the sex so we can start calling the fetus by name.

have you started looking pregnant yet to yourself and/or the world?

i'm not sure who the threadkeeper is these days, but hello!, and whenever possible, i'd like to be moved to the correct month (which is february). EDD is 2.22.2014

#210 ·
Congrats gamitzer! Love the name!

Good luck on Monday, breadandcoffee!

38 weeks and 2 days here. Struggling to keep patient and peaceful. Vacuuming the house, cleaning my car, anything to stay distracted and moving.

#211 ·
granite - thanks!!! I'm just back from Portugal and had a great, relaxing time. My doc wouldn't give me a pic of the embie at the last scan, I have to wait for the 12 week one to get a copy but it's a moment I won't forget! I can't believe how close you are now, it seems like just a couple of months! I hope it goes well for you.

Sphinxy - close now! thanks for the tip about yoga. I'm not much of a yoga person, more of a team sports person but I think I'll have to change my mind!!!

esenbee - I feel for you, it's making me tired just reading!

bread&coffee I'm with you in the nervous first trimester. Next week is my 12 weeks scan so looking forward to that. We're also leaning towards 20 weeks scan but will decide for sure when we get there. In the meantime we're calling the little one 'pinto' as in pinto bean.

gamitzer - how exciting!!! congratulations and great name. Do you plan to tell people his name before the birth, or wait until after?

AFM just back from 2 weeks in Portugal after a very relaxing holiday. It was so much better than rushing around Oz seeing family & friends. The 3 hour flight has made my OHSS much worse and takes a few days to sort out so I can't imagine what a 24 hour flight would be like. Tomorrow week we have our 12 week scan and I'm a combination of nervous & excited about it, praying everything goes well. Good luck to everyone almost due!!!

#212 ·
gamitzer -we like the name Benjamin
smile.gif
My little Benji approves!

AFU -doing okay over here. DSp took over night duty for 1 night last week and I was able to get a full night's rest (other than pumping). They onlywoke up for their feeding on a normal schedule and went right back to sleep! Why can't they do that for me ?!

Here's a pic of the boys fresh and clean after their baths tonight. I love their Filipino hair! Benjamin's shows it off better.

#213 ·
Hi All,

I'm popping back in after a fairly long time lurking.
innocent.gif

Sphinxy: You're so close! Wow! I hope the birth goes beautifully and you get to meet your little one soon!

Esenbee: They are beautiful. I especially love the picture of all three of your kids!

Lizbian: Good luck with your scan today!
fingersx.gif

Breadandcoffee: Good luck with your scan today too!
fingersx.gif

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: 32 weeks now! It is hard for me to believe that we are only 5 weeks away from full term. I don't feel mentally prepared yet at all. At the appointment last week the baby was measuring a little bit small. The midwife thought it might just be because the baby's head is very low, but she also suggested that my wife try to eat more in general and especially more protein. Does anyone have a reassuring story about a baby measuring a bit small and then being totally fine? Thanks!

#214 ·
32 weeks, escher, woohoo! That's fantastic! No idea about size of babes-in-utero, but hopefully others here will chime in? Or ask at QP...

Esenbee, your boys are lovely and I especially love the expression on your DD's face in that last one! Just gorgeous. Hurrah for a full night's rest, too.

So excited for your scan, Liz... And glad you had a good relaxing vacation, without the obligatory family visiting. That's what it's like for DP and I too, when we go to the other side of the country to see both of our families: Too much talking, driving, eating, and more talking! I love it, but also find it totally exhausting; I can't imagine doing it pregnant, even without OHSS. FX that Pinto's looking great tomorrow!

Patience is a virtue that I struggle with, Sphinxy, so I'm feeling you on the countdown to babe-in-arms... Vacuuming is also on my list of useful distracting activities. How was the baby shower with your work colleagues? And the new car? What position is baby in?

Hi, BandC! I'm in the FB group, and it moves in fits and starts pretty much like here... Though the majority of the active participants seem to be those who already have kiddos, and aren't posting here on MDC anymore. I like it mostly for the cute baby photos, to be honest.

As for preparations that I wish I'd done sooner... Well. The major thing is that DP and I have a 3 bedroom apartment, and for the past couple years we'd been using one for sleeping and then each had a studio space. We decided to make the smaller of these two into another bedroom, which will eventually be the kid's when they/we need it... But that meant amalgamating all of our art stuff into the other room, which has been a gong show and honestly still is a total mess. There's very little common space in the rest of our suite, and virtually no storage, so it's also meant getting rid of several pieces of furniture, and generally moving around what feels like *everything* else. On top of that, I've been making & freezing meals, sewing old flannel and wool into diapering gear, and trying to get to at least a small amount of the gardening & food preserving I usually do at this time of year. Your loft railing issue sounds like an interesting problem-solving exercise! I gotta say, while I don't like living in a basement suite in general, I'm glad that there's not much in the way of potentially-dangerous architecture... Though I sure miss the skylights of DP's old loft apartment.

We haven't found out the sex of our baby... Well, actually, DP knows, but doesn't tell anyone that she does, and keeps saying that it's only a probability anyway as the tech could be wrong. So, officially, we say "we" don't know
:wink
. I don't want to know because I like the surprise. DP wanted to know because she didn't want anyone else to know more about her kid that she does. We call the baby Derek/Delilah, because those are names that DP's mother suggested and that we both dislike intensely, so know we won't end up using them. We started using these names around 11 weeks, I think... Which was pretty much when we transitioned into calling it baby instead of fetus. For what we'll actually call her/him, all of the names on our list are gender-neutral, though weirdly enough I've realized that I actually would prefer different ones depending on the sex of the baby. I can't explain that. Mostly, though, I want to see the kid first, before choosing... All in all, though, I feel very "bonded" to this baby, and I'm pretty sure DP does too, regardless of what we know or have decided.

Starling, I'm glad to know we have a few weeks before the government will force us to choose a name!

Omg, this post is turning into an essay... Sorry, and hello to all I missed! I haven't got much to report myself... I'm 35 weeks, and feeling pretty good! My mom's coming to visit for a few days, and I'm so looking forward to it.

Hey, we need a new Threadkeeper for October, November, December! Any takers? Ideally someone in 2nd trimester... It's not hard; Sotohana will pass on the info to you...

#215 ·
Thank you for the encouragement everyone! Every day is one day closer. Just can't wait until this baby is laying on my chest and not my colon! (sorry, but it's true!)

Lizbian & BreadandCoffee - hope you both had great results and satisfying views of growing little beans at your scans today!

esenbee - so freakin' cute!!

granite - What a project! As stressful as it was to move mid-pregnancy, I am grateful that I was going somewhere bigger so we did not have those struggles. The work baby shower was really sweet, and the car is a relief to have taken care of. I've also had major (exhausting) success moving along some projects at work which is such a relief, and now I'm just wondering whether it makes sense to start my leave early since I'm so uncomfortable, or try to keep working and save my leave time for once baby is here. One day at a time, one foot in front of the other. Baby has been head down through the entire third trimester, and has been sinking lower and lower each week. He was a little posterior a few weeks ago but seems to have rotated within the last two weeks, thanks to either dumb luck or my reliance on hands & knees type poses to relieve the pressure his body was putting on my organs. Really, though I vent about the discomfort, I've been very fortunate from a medical sense - low blood pressure, no risk factors, good position, etc. I am so ready to do this!

Hello and good luck to everyone else!!

#216 ·
i'll be back later to check in with everyone, but for now wanted to post that dp and i are (most likely) having a girl! she was not super cooperative about spreading her legs for the tech, but seemingly does not have a penis. all other body parts were very visible, and are measuring right on. my favorite part was watching her hands and feet wave around in front of her face while the tech did all of the top-down brain measurements.

#217 ·
Hi all! Please accept my apologies for being such an absent thread keeper of late. For some strange reason my email hasn't been alerting me each time there's a new post in this thread even though it alerts me to new posts in two other threads I only posted in once each. Weird. Imagine my surprise when I log in and there's been three weeks of posts!

Jam- I am so, so sorry for your loss. I'm sending you and your DP lots of love and light during this difficult time.

Bread & Coffee- I've updated your position on the listing on the first page. Sorry about having you in the wrong spot for so long!

AFU- 32 weeks here. Been really distracted lately by preparing for a move at the end of this month. A couple weeks ago we finally decided that we were going to try to find a two bedroom and just rent our 1 bdrm condo out. Fortunately we found a great 2 bdrm town home in the same complex that my sister lives in and it's on the same side of town as most of our support network. While I'd really rather not live on that side of town again as it is where I grew up, the more practical considerations are winning out these days. So! We move on the 25th and hope to have someone in here by 11/1. Right now my friend's dad's co-worker is deep cleaning the condo so I can take pictures and post it on Craigslist. She is amazing! I may have to set up a regular schedule with her for a few months after baby girl arrives.

Last week we had our baby shower and it was so much fun! My cousins and aunt and sister went so above and beyond and we had so much fun with everyone. I truly feel so blessed to have such a great support network. Here are a few pics, which are also on Instagram with the hashtag #SotoBabyShower...

Okay, never mind. This is taking forever. I hate our internet. I will post them later :)

#218 ·
Oh and yes, please do let me know if you would like to be Threadkeeper for the months of October, November, & December. It's pretty easy, honestly. We all get along fairly well, I'd say :)

Folks in your second trimester might be best- i.e. gamitzer, BreadandCoffee, JenMostOften, justrose13 or Lizbian. Any takers?

#219 ·
Okay, I finally got my internet to work. Here they are :)

AppleMark

AppleMark

The white cake was a rainbow cake. Cupcakes were gluten free.

Dad and nephew, Dashel

price-guessing game

My beautiful sister and me

AppleMark DW and I looking extremely exhausted after a long day of fun.

#221 ·
hi ladies,

I'm happy to be threadkeeper if no one else has done it, just let me know.

I moved my scan up as have been really bloated & wanted to check the ovaries & heartbeat all good! saw lots of kicking & punching and things are going perfectly. Also my ovaries are back to normal size so the remaining bloating is just pregnancy. Woo hoo!!! We're now starting to tell people, work today and friends tonight then announcing to the world. So excited. 11 weeks today!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.