Queer Conceptions: August 2013 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-14-2013, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Um, you guys? I think I got a faint positive on a FRER this morning...

Please, no celebration yet! And don't move me from waiting to know. But do send sticky vibes my way, and join me in hoping for a stronger positive with tomorrow's FMU.

...I did tell DP to pick up some digital tests, as is our tradition...

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2013, 07:10 AM

beastie: jaw2.gif

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 08-14-2013, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
beastie- fingers crossed!!! You might have an early implanter! Darken darken darken!!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:27 AM

Thanks! Any news from your house this morning? Pineapple club roll call!

Old 08-14-2013, 08:53 AM

Hi ladies just a quickie from france. Beastie beastie keeping everything crossed for you!!!!!! Positive so far. I had a bit of nausea cramps and tender scalp as well as no af yet so feeling cautiously hopeful xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 08-14-2013, 09:02 AM

partytime.gifHappy birthday, Lizbian!! I hope it's a wonderful day. I'm so glad you'll be able to keep us all updated from France!  Those symptoms sound promising! May all your birthday wishes come true.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Happy Birthday Liz! Have a great time in France with no AF!

Beastie - how exciting. I hope the digi confirms this result. Fx

Old 08-14-2013, 09:40 AM

happy birthday Liz!!!!!!!- hope you get everything you wish for wink1.gif
Old 08-14-2013, 10:15 AM

Beastie! FX and sending super sticky vibes your way!

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35* ***40
Old 08-14-2013, 01:25 PM

happy birthday liz!!  beastie, ACK!  that is SO exciting!!!!!!  fingers are extra crossed (not sure what that means) for your next test :)

afm, we are now 7dpiui and caved and tested last night, which was ridiculously early, we know, but we wanted to make sure the hcq was out of lady's system so we could read future tests accurately.  obviously, bfn.  we're flying to portland tonight, and i know being distracted will help this time pass, but wow, i've never been this antsy about anything.  ever.

symptom-wise, it seems everything lady was feeling was from the hcg.  according to her, she is now symptom-free, which makes her think she's not preggers, but we are still both very excited to see the results of this round, and who knows, maybe there will be a surprise in our near future?  and even if not, we'll keep going!  our next insem will be october, since we'll have to skip september due to timing of a family reunion.  lady is convinced november will be the one that works, since it will be on the side she thinks works better :)  

my fingers are crossed for the whole pineapple club!  may your angst be low and your tests positive!

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Beastie, Holy Moly! Hoping for it to get darker and darker!!

Happy Birthday Liz!!

Thanks for all the kudos Everyone! It wasn't as hard as it seems Lol. I'm amazed at mye self control as well!

AFM, looks like today is 15dpo for meeh. I've had crampies on and off, the girls are sore and a bit swollen...and still no peeing Lol. ...and no af! smile.gif Now the convo at home will be when to poas. Promise to keep you updated! Good luck all mye fellow twwers! And I interviewed for the Microsoft position and it went well. It's between myself and one other person. Let's will this position to meeh lol

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 08-15-2013, 07:29 AM

Hi all. Another faint positive and a digital confirmation this morning!!! But it's still so early (10DPO), so I'm only feeling cautiously optimistic. Blood test this afternoon, and the RE still wants to talk about options for next cycle, just in case. So still hold off on the celebration... maybe in a day or two? 

Sandie, I hope as the HCG continues to leave her system, your lady starts to feel some other symptoms. It's not too late yet! Have fun in Portland!

FMorris, 15DPO andyour chart looks pretty! Give us some (good!) news soon!

Anyone else? FX for everyone, and sending great vibes to the whole pineapple club!dust.gif

Old 08-15-2013, 08:26 AM

Hi girls I will do more personals when I get home tomorrow bit good luck beastie!!!

Omg today has been a bit of a rollercoaster day. Tmi alert but I feel pretty rough just hoping it is for a good reason. Cramps and explosive diarrhea omg and we are walking around and it is awful as all I want to do is curl into a little ball. Also feel nauseous in waves and still three days until we test. I'm so tempted to test early as if it is a bfn I need to see a doctor!!!!

Thanks also for birthday wishes xx

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 08-15-2013, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Beastie: So exciting! I'll hold off on the big celebration but here's a little hurray! 

Liz: I am hoping it is for a good reason as well! Happy Birthday!

AFM: fertility friend changed my ovulation date and now I'm second guessing our timing and my ovulation. I felt like we were right on so I guess now we'll just wait and see if/when AF arrives. 

Hi to everyone else!!

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
Old 08-15-2013, 09:00 AM

Beastie:  iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating.iamnotcelebrating. (I AM LYING!!!!)

Liz, Morris: WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE PEE ON SOMETHING!?!?!?!?!?!?!? You are killing me and my pee stick obsession.

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 08-15-2013, 09:20 AM

liz, fmorris- I agree with Jenny. Pee on something already! Lol.

beastie- two for two! I hope you hear about blood soon!

jenny- you are hilarious! Hope your timing was perfect!

AFM- 9DPO- the most common day for implantation, and my unlucky ass is heading on a 5 hour flight to Vancouver (my hometown) then Seattle, and Hawaii on Sat morning. That's 6 flights! Dang. I worry about the radiation, but if I have an x-men like mutant child with special powers, that's ok too! No symptoms. No exhaustion, cramps, or sore titties. Just lots of emotional eating. Ugh.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:25 AM

mama:  Have a wonderful trip!

afm: I'm the slowest responder to injectible meds that I have ever heard of!  Day 20 of injections today, tomorrow more bloodwork and another twat-wanding, erm I mean, follicle check.  We'll see what that brings.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:46 AM

Girls if I brought pee sticks to France with me I would have but left them at home!!!!!!!!

Old 08-15-2013, 09:54 AM

Jenny, we call it the dildo-cam! Slow but steady wins the race.

Lizbian, I'm sure people get pregnant in France. How cool to have a french BFP: that would be one for the baby books!

Old 08-15-2013, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Redrock—if you let her do enough of the non-food things, they’ll still get a good strong bond. DD prefers my wife to me these days (though not by much).

Sandie—don’t give up hope yet—it’s still too early!

Beastie—not celebrating your celebratory news. Not at all. 

Liz—happy birthday! That sounds awful—I hope it’s good news and not food poisoning! And the French sticks are so cool. You should totally get one!

Mama—wow, that’s a lot of flights. Sounds like fun, though!

Jenny—at least you’re getting there, though!

AFM—I actually did get food poisoning. Ugh. Hopefully the next time I have to puke at least it will be for a good reason and not some crappy steak torta. Swimmers are on their way! I don’t think we’ll need them until Monday or Tuesday, but I wanted them early just in case.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:33 AM

Maybe another QOTD while we all wait? 

What factors went into your choice of a donor? What mattered most and least? What compromises are you making, if any? 

Old 08-15-2013, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Red flow since about 1030 this a.m. and it doesn't seem to be letting up. :'(

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

Old 08-15-2013, 01:26 PM

Oh no, FMorris. How disappointing. Hoping you're not out for this cycle. Sending hugs either way. grouphug.gif

Old 08-15-2013, 01:46 PM

Fmorris oh no I hope it's not af for you sending hugs. Yes they probably do but not wanting to move ando all shops now shut. We agreed to test saturday morning before my party as I want to know now and af already a couple of days late. Hardest is keeping secret from parent s as been ill all day.

Qotd definitely had to have blue eyes and brown hair like both of us. No spectacles or baldness then no allergies. After that just what personal message we liked most. Only compromise he didn't have a baby photo like some donors xxxxx

Old 08-15-2013, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Beastie, as do I. Maybe it'll just stop. I had what I believe was a piece of mye lining when I wiped (sorry for the tmi) which made meeh break down in tears thinking that could be mye baby greensad.gif

Liz, I'm hoping the best for you when you testbin a couple. I hope very much this is it for you. xxx

Oh yea...I got the job. I think I'm not celebrating because the flow cancelled out mye happiness. Sadness+happiness=sigh

Old 08-15-2013, 07:36 PM

Beastie: Your fertility luck is unbelievable. I am so totally impressed. This is your third one-hit-wonder, right? I know you've had (more than) your share of challenges in this process, but your ability to get pregnant? WOW! fingersx.gif

Liz: fingersx.giffingersx.giffingersx.gif

Fmorris: hug.gif I'm sorry. But congratulations on the job!

Isa: I'm sorry that the last cycle didn't work, but it is exciting that you're getting close to the next insem! fingersx.gif

Hi to everyone else!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 08-16-2013, 05:36 AM

Hi everyone. So sorry I've been quiet. I've kept up with everone each day but so busy that I haven't had time to sit down and reply.

Liz HAPPY BELATED BDAY TO YOU!! Have a blast at your party. I'm really hoping u aren't feeling well for all the right reasons!!!! Can't wait to hear:)

Fmorris I'm sending you lots of love and congrats on the new job. Bummer abput this cycle tho. I know u must be really confused about whether to be happy or sad or both. Hugs to you! Next time...there's always that to look forward to.

Sandie how many days past Iui are you guys? Still fingers crossed for you. And great job distracting. That is the hardest part!

Beastie I'm on pins and needles. How did the bloodwork go? I'm secretly celebrating for u:)

Redrock trust ur intuition and hoping for the best for you. Did your predictor change because of your cycle length?

Hi to everyone I'm missing here. I'm thinking of you all!!

AFM I've started using the clear blue opk because a good friend told me I was working too hard at tracking O:) my predictor was saying O to happen on Wednesday but no smiley face happened...til this morning:) yeah cuz I was starting to think I wasn't ovulating. Lol. Anyway we insemmed on Wed night and last night and are heading out of town ths weekend...hoping that the timing of these two insemms will cover me. Fresh swimmers swim a few days in the body right?!?

Baby dust to all!! Xo

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

Old 08-16-2013, 06:08 AM

Hi JWaite! Welcome back. And hooray for a new TWW! Earlier is better for insemming, so your timing sounds great; I bet you ovulated late Wednesday night, and those swimmers were right there waiting for the egg! And if not, then the second try yesterday covered your bases. FX for you!

FMorris, still sending hugs at this hard time. Great news about the job!

As for me, still a little bit pregnant....yesterday's beta HCG came in at 32, which is pretty decent for only 9 or 10 DPO. Escher's right: I have been super lucky and have gotten pregnant every time we've tried. I think it helps that I have a really textbook cycle, so all the dumb "one-size-fits-all" advice is usually talking about a cycle pretty much like mine. Plus it's my fake-science belief that my body responds super well to our donor. But also just dumb luck? Anyway, I guess it's early-official now, so we can celebrate a little! And I hope a few other folks from the pineapple club join in the celebration soon!

But I'd like to hang out with you guys for another few weeks just in case; If I'm still pregnant, I'm scheduled for an U/S with the RE at 7 weeks, and then a high level U/S because of my history of neural tube defects sometime after that. In the meantime, I declined further blood testing and will just be waiting and seeing.

And, to answer my own QOTD, even though we're now so invested in this donor, our original plan was to stay uncommitted; we planned to use different donors for different tries, but it didn't work out that way. But that plan made us feel less like eugenicists, and also to keep the focus on DP as the Papa, not the donor. DP also insisted on an anonymous donor (again, worried about his position as the father being undermined); I would have preferred a known or at least willing-to-be-known donor, but I felt like the non gestational parent should get the final say about it. We compromised by agreeing to have contact with any and all donor siblings, and we are in touch with 11 or so other families, with about 14 or 15 kids. So that's been interesting. Other things we considered were just the basics (that the donor should look vaguely like DP's family in a general way; similar coloring and height, etc). Oh, and we wanted a donor with reported pregnancies. We neglected to notice that our donor was VERY thin, oops! 

Old 08-16-2013, 06:12 AM

Oh, and Jwaite, I know what caused your clearblue problem, because I think we made the same mistake! Unlike every other OPK I know of, the clearblue works best with FMU. So once I learned that, I'd use it just once a day in the mornings, and then use cheapy regular OPKS to watch the surge develop over the course of the day. Hope this helps, though I really hope this is your lucky cycle and you won't need an OPK for a long time!

Old 08-16-2013, 06:27 AM

ps. Could you move me to WAITING TO KNOW please? Thx!

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive , Lgbtq
User Tag List