Queer Conceptions: August 2013 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2013, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

agrex: Welcome! I hope your stay here is short. 

sandie: As for things to increase fertility, my body doesn't make a lot of CF so I am taking some herbs and vitamins to increase it and to regulate my cycles since they tend to be longer and irregular. So far it seems to have helped. My last two cycles have been 31 and 30 days. I'm drinking Queen Bee Balance Tea, taking evening primrose oil, marshmallow root and red clover along with a prenatal. I also stopped drinking coffee about a month before our first insemination, the RE we went to said giving it up while TTC is much more important than once you are pregnant. That's pretty much it for me. I've heard acupuncture is great, my acupucturist offered to do some fertility stuff, but I haven't looked into it yet, maybe I should this cycle..

mama: We are in Utah, but there aren't any federal protections for us. My organization is small so FMLA doesn't apply to us. What does your IVF schedule look like? 

isa: Great idea about the bassinet, that's one of the options we've thought about. I like the idea that you can roll it around. 

jwaite: Any testing going on over there? 

fmorris: Anything new over there? How's the KD working out? 

AFM: I had a couple of beers and a real coffee over the weekend and am feeling great. We decided to give this cycle a go, we can just store the vial here if we need to at our RE's office and use it next month, so that's taken the stress out of it. fmorris, can you move me to Waiting to O? 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
welcome agrex! sounds like you and your wife are doing all the right things. Good luck with the TWW.

sandiego- During TTC, I reduced my exercise intensity and duration to half of what I regularly do. I also took prenatal vitamins, EPA/DHA, iron supplements, and cut out caffeine for IUI 1 and 2.

redrockband- good luck with the upcoming cycle!

afm- we have an appt at the end of Sept to discuss the IVF plans with our RE. Until then, we just chill.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi Agrex, welcome to the board joy.gif and welcome to your first TWW. Do you want to tell us some more about yourself, like where you're from, what you do , how old you are and such? There is a group of very fun, supportive and knowledgable ladies on here, so you came to the perfect place.

Redrock - great that you found a solution and are able to try if the timing works. Good luck.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Fmorris, Glad no one gave you a hard time about syringes this time.  That was just silly when they did.  When do you expect to O?  I am hoping 'normal' is a good sign too.  Thanks for the encouragement.

Sandie, Happy new week to you too!!  Thanks for your QOTD...I love hearing all the responses to this!

QOTD - I am taking a natural prenatal vitamin that has alot of the herbal supplements already in it, in additional to all the vitamins needed in a prenatal.  I have also started taking B6 to lengthen my luteal phase, and it is working like a charm.  My average cycle is 24 days but after starting the B6 last month, my cycle was 29 days.  Today is CD25 for me with no signs of AF.  I have also done acupuncture, although not as regularly as I'd like.  I have done everything I can to minimize my stress levels, as well. I like Sphinxy's suggestion as well!  My acupuncturist said the same...building that sexual energy keeps things moving in the right direction!

Agrex, Welcome.gif to this board and the TWW!!  Hope you move thru this ranks quickly and wish you lots of baby dust!!  Look forward to hearing more from you!

Redrock, so glad you are going to give it a go this cycle!  And really glad to hear you can store at your RE's office.  Very good!!  Enjoy the endulgences while you can, cuz we all know what happens when we get that BFP!!   I haven't done any testing yet.  More below on my timing:)

Mama, Hi.  Glad to hear from you.  Are you guys settling in from vacation?  I am happy that you have an appointment to talk IVF.  I am proud of you for picking up and moving forward.  I know it's not easy to be let down and then find the strength to try try again.  I am still holding lots of positive thoughts of you on this next step.  hug2.gif  Keep us posted.

AFM, today is 10dpo and according to the predictor AF should've started today.  But I can't rely on that due to the B vit lengthening my cycle.  So, I think I will test on Wednesday morning, which will be only 12dpo.  This seems like the longest TWW of my life!  LOL!   I wish I had a crystal ball to tell me what the future holds:)  I know that 12dpo is still a bit early to test, but it seems like a good starting place.  FX!!

Love to all!

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

Old 08-26-2013, 09:46 PM

liz - congrats! jumpers.gif  awesome news!

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

Old 08-27-2013, 08:08 AM

Oh man, you guys! The semester is starting, and it awkwardly coincides with a gap in DD's daycare (switching schools, and the old one has ended but the new one doesn't start until after Rosh Hashannah...), so I'm way behind on this board! We're also traveling over this long weekend to see DP's family in CA, and returning in time for more start-of-semester, daycare gap and holidays, so these may be my last personals for a while. But I'll be reading a long as much as I can and sending fertile, sticky vibes to everyone!!

Fried, I agree that nurseries are sweet and fun and cute, but that you don't necessarily need one for a while. Plus, it's nice to preserve your guestroom for when people come to meet the baby! Nice co-sleeper, too.

Jwaite, getting closer to testing day (tomorrow, right?)! Any symptoms, imagined or otherwise?

Liz, how's the house prep going? Does your pregnancy (!) add urgency to your moving plans, or would you be doing the move either way?

Redrock:  boo to AF! So sorry. Have you made your decision about this cycle yet? How exciting that you've decided to try! How will you and DP handle it if she's away when you O?

Fmorris,  you must be getting close to go time! How are you feeling about this low-intervention try?

Agrex: Welcome! Hope to see you over on the Queer and Pregnant thread soon!

Mama: Enjoy this little break until September. How are you guys feeling about beginning the IVF process?

AFM: Still pregnant until proven otherwise. No spotting or bleeding, intermittent and varied symptoms. Still cautiously optimistic. I'm considering this my second TWW, between now and my U/S on the 10th. If all looks good at that appointment, I think things will feel more real.

QOTD Catch Up:

I work for a large university, so I do get the basic FMLA protections, but nothing above or beyond that. So, six weeks of paid leave, and up to 12 unpaid. Since I'm our primary income, the unpaid leave isn't a very appealing option. Luckily, I've managed to get pregnant on an academic schedule: with DD, she was born exactly 6 weeks before the end of the semester, so I took my paid leave then (although I ended up doing a ton of grading, plus returning to host a conference and to lead some grad seminars during those early weeks; it wasn't pretty, and once involved literally lactating on a seminar table...), and then I used the summer months as a de-facto unpaid leave (I work a 9 month contract, so summers are always unpaid, though technically I'm supposed to use that time for research and writing, not maternity leave).  This baby, if it sticks, will be due about a month later, and I'm hoping that will make the first weeks of my "leave" less stressful. That said, my tenure materials will be due right around that time. So we'll see. Speaking of tenure, I did get one contractual "tenure pause" for DD, which added a year to my clock. But it's a one-time-only deal, so I won't get additional time for this baby. 

As for fertility boosters, I don't do much; I take a prenatal and also a high-dose of prescription folic acid because of the neural tube defect in my first pregnancy. I chart for several months before any try (this time DD made charting with temps impossible, but I still tracked CM, OPKs, and other symptoms). Oh, and you all already know my fake-science beliefs about taking a few days of rest after insemination when possible...

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

Old 08-27-2013, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Redrock--Yay for a low-stress cycle! And for beer and coffee! smile.gif When do you expect to O?

Mama--Glad to hear you have a plan. I hope you'll enjoy the break between now and your appointment. Hopefully once you get the ball rolling things will happen pretty quickly with the RE!

Jwaite--12dpo sounds perfect, especially if you've usually had such short cycles. That's great about the b6 working on your phase! Hopefully it was just what your body needed and you'll be leaving us soon to go hang with the QPP crew!

Beastie--that is such total BS about not offering a break for each baby. I have lots of friends who are academics, so I get all the grousing about how crappy the system is for women. On the up side, though, it sounds like you have awesome timing! And you can always read some good academic journals to the new baby, right? That's research, right?

AFM--I'm finding this waiting to get started phase really up and down. Sometimes I'm happy to not have to worry about pregnancy symptoms, and sometimes the end of September just feels really far away...

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:21 AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

So, my wife and I live on the East Coast.  We started dating a little over 6 years ago while I was still in the military so the first part of our relationship was long distance.  We were married about 1.5 years ago.  We both currently work full time (I am a researcher/ Project Coordinator type and she is a programmer/ engineer technician/ tech writer type) and we are also working on degrees (I am a history major and she is an electrical engineering major).  You could say we're a bit busy.  And we'll be in school forever.  I am 28 and she is 32.  We are using frozen vials from a WTBK donor and had the IUI done at a clinic.

This TWW business is intense.  There is a very fine line between being hopeful and being realistic.  It's hard to manage expectations while remaining hopeful.  It is a strange sensation that there is a very real possibility that my life has already changed forever and I don't even know it yet.  And I can't even think about it too much because the odds of that being true are against us.

Oh, I almost forgot that she's been taking prenatals too.  I tried to talk her into yoga to help with stress and relaxing.  Not sure if you can tell but we're a pretty go, go, go couple.  She's not having it though. yet. we'll see hah.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:40 PM

agrex, welcome!  i'm relatively new here (just got a bfn from our first IUI), so i can tell you that everybody here is super helpful and welcoming.  you hit the nail on the head about the TWW, things might have already happened!  but also maybe not?  fingers crossed for you!!!!

prettyisa, i'm also waiting til end of september--i feel impatient for it to come, but i totally hear you on enjoying not being in a TWW or wait to O right now.  it'll come!

jwaite, that's awesome that b6 has worked so well for you!  fx crossed, keep us posted on your testing.

redrockband, good luck with the cycle!!!! it's exciting that you can make the timing work. i was hoping to make this one work somehow, but our travel plans just completely screwed us, but i've got my fx for you.

mama, thinking of you and hope to hear how plans for ivf shape up.

friederike, it's hard to know if what we're doing is "increasing fertility" unless we actually get bfps, i know!  between the supplements and teas and herbs and the rest of it, it can seem either really productive or possibly an exercise in futility, but i know for me at least it helps to feel like i can do *something* at all.  that's exactly why lady has decided to start accupuncture.  for her, just the idea of having someone to go to once a week to "work on fertility" feels helpful, even if it does nothing.  i have my therapy sessions, so to each her own?  ;)

afm, lady's tests came back: fsh 3.9, estradiol 42.  she's 35, and her amh recently dropped from 1.1 in june to 0.66 in july, so we were really worried.  based on everything i'm finding, those look good (except the amh).  so now we won't qualify as DOR, which is good, although it would have been nice to access our insurance benefits earlier.  still, we're happy to have some good test results!!

we just bought 2 more vials of our donor (bringing our total to 8, including the one we've used), and he's down to SEVEN.  seven vials.  and they don't hold any extra for siblings, so that's it.  when he's done, he's done.  we literally have NO money left for sperm, so we can't get the extra 4 vials i had always imagined buying (i planned to get 12 total, 6 for each hopeful baby), but once we found out we'd have to pay for our first 6 insems ourselves, that plan went out the window.  

still, a) i'm now in that place where i care SO MUCH LESS about the donor specifics.  i mean, i will lovingly raise ANY BABY at this point, so whether or not it has my color eyes or my ethnic background is just getting less important.  plus how hard will it be to find a jewish donor if we decide we want a 2nd kid and are out of vials?  i do regret not being able to (attempt to) ensure that our kids are genetic siblings, but a lot of this process is about accepting and even embracing things you thought you could avoid.  and b) i'm also in the place where i would be HAPPY to pay out of pocket rather than access our insurance earlier if it means my lady's fertility is better than it would have to be to qualify as DOR.  good fertility over saving money = where my values are, with the obvious limitation of our rapidly diminishing funds.  still, it's worth it if it works! 

just trying to be flexible and positive.  i mean, why not?  right?

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:23 PM

I don't have time for personals, but WELCOME AGREX!

TWWs are horrid. They take an otherwise normally sane person and make them completely crazy and without the ability to see reason.  I think PRETTYISA who referenced " Ectopic Knee Pregnancy (EKP), because if you were paying as much attention to your knee as you do to your pelvis you would be convinced that there was a baby in there".  

Speaking of.  I feel remarkably unremarkable.  It's like I don't even know who I am anymore.  I used only one test to confirm on 7dpo that the trigger shot was out of my system (it is). And that's it.  ME!  (I usually watch the trigger fade out.)  So, I have one internet cheapy left and 3 digitals.  I usually have many, many, many, internet cheapies to squander.  Tomorrow is 9dpo, which is realistically the EARLIEST possible time that I could get a positive.  I mean, I could go to the drug store and get more tests....  Not sure if I'll bother to test tomorrow morning or not, my beta is scheduled for Monday the 2nd which is a US holiday, but the office is open every day.  My only issue is that my boobs ARE SO SORE.  They have been sore pretty much right before O' straight through to now.  My progesterone came in at 18 and they seemed happy with that number.  It means nothing to me.  I googled around and found that most RE's like to see 15 or higher for medicated cycles, so I guess I've met that requirement.

As for QOTD: I have done so much prep that I'm not sure that I'll remember it all.  When I began the getting ready phase just about 4 years ago, I was completely annovulatory and did not get a period without medication stimulation.  I did tons of research on PCOS. We completely eliminated transfats (NO hydrogenated  oils ever in anything ever!) and corn syrup (I don't worry about bbq sauce because it's not something you use frequently, but I avoid it if possible.) I began eating organic as much as possible.  I have battled with my weight and sometimes I win and sometimes I lose that battle. I had lost 30 pounds, all of which I gained back in the last year of ttc.  I just re-lost 8 pounds again, but I am still considered obese on the bmi scale and could honestly stand to lose at least 100 pounds to be at a healthy weight. I started getting acupuncture at a community acupuncture clinic 3 times a week.  I took chinese herbs.  I took all kinds of supplements -- FertilityTea, folate, prenatal vitamins, vitamin d, vitamin e, vitex.  I began eating only full fat dairy products and only from responsibly sourced dairy.  We stopped eating just about all pre-packaged foods except for rice pasta and organic taco shells and the occasional gluten free pizza (and potato chips and ice cream sometimes).  After about a year and a half of this, I finally got a period.  Then I got another, and I decided more vitex was better!  Then I almost hemmorhaged... My body took a little while to figure things out.  However, it was really nice to see all of my hard work was WORKING!  The final change was going entirely gluten free.  I had years of stomach upset that I chalked off to lactose intolerance.  Then I took a DNA test for Celiac and found that IT was the root cause of my misery.  THAT was the change the really brought everything together.  Weight loss also helped, but again, this a constant push and pull.  We pretty much shop on the edges of the grocery store meat, dairy, vegetables, fruit.  I just need to work on portion control and to stay away from chips and ice cream.  We store foods largely in glass containers, unless it is cold food like salad we will still use plastic container for that.  We NEVER heat in plastic.  We never drink bottled water.   I tried to remove as many hormone disruptors as possible from my environment.  That's all I can think of at the moment -- oh, no coffee, or alcohol either.  

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 08-28-2013, 01:57 AM

fmorris - that maternity leave sucks, sorry to hear you guys have such a hard time of it over there.

QOTD I used acupuncture & a pre pregnancy vitamin. I had used a natural herbal remedy to help to regulate my cycles but once I was on the IVF meds that took care of it for me. Other than that cut out alcohol. Don't smoke or drink tea or coffee anyway so no caffeine to have to cut out. Tried to continue my exercise although it's been harder to do with my injured knee & the fact that I've been really busy.  In terms of IVF we used the procedure we thought gave us the best chance of a BFP (5 day blastocyst) and it worked!

Sphinxy I like the idea of sex. After 12 years you have to work at it!!!!

Agrex - WELCOME! Welcome.gif I'm glad you've found us, and hope that you find it a useful forum. I also hope your time here is short. The TWW is a pain in the arse!

Redrock - great you were able to have a bit of a chill out and I'm excited you're giving this cycle a go. Good luck!!!

mama - that time will fly. Let me know if you have any Q's about the IVF since I've just done it twice!

jwaite I am crossing everything for you.

san diego - thanks! very excited but also nervous that something might go wrong, even though I'm trying to remain positive.

beastie - that's bad timing, hope you get everything sorted out OK. We've got the house on the market anyway. We can have a kid here, there just won't be too much room with 3 dogs & 3 of us but hoping something happens pretty quickly now we're on with 4 agents. The market here has been a bit 'stuck' but things are starting to move so FX! It's hard not being able to visualise a nursery or anything like that, as well as buy anything at all as we don't know where we'll be living. Also hard as I'm not allowed to life ANYTHING so moving's going to be fun! I love that your U/S is on the same day as mine!!!!!!!!! FX we both have great news. Great timing in the pregnancy too. If this one sticks I'll be finishing work just coming into the busiest month before 2 months of quiet time so I'll start again just when the teaching starts so will work quite well.

sandie- it's such a hard thing with buying the swimmers, especially when they have a limited supply. I hope it works quickly so you have some left over for another go, and good news about test results. x

jenn - fx for the sore boobies. Mine have been MASSIVE and quite sore as well.

AFM not much going on here except feeling really down at the moment - bloody hormones! Today's our 9 year wedding anniversary so I'm hoping I snap out of it! The only symptoms I have is tiredness & really really ridiculous vivid dreams. U/S on the same day as Beastie's, on the 10th September.

Good luck to all insemming soon, or in the TWW!

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 08-28-2013, 10:35 AM

Beastie: We really lucked out and the RE, who we really aren't even using (yet) said that we can store the vial at their office if we need to. So, if I O after DW leaves then we'll just store it until next month. We both really want DW to be there for the insemination so we'll just skip this month if I O late. I just read this interesting article about maternity leave (or lack thereof) in the US and how economically it is getting harder and harder to have a career and children. I'm glad this baby will be on a little bit of a better timeline for you. We certainly planned our TTC around my work schedule. 

Isa: The waiting is really hard. We've had so many planned starting TTC dates and they kept changing for one reason or another. I hope this next month flies by for you. I should O next weekend (hopefully). The swim team will get here next Thursday.

Agrex: I just had my first TWW and it was agonizing. I hope the next one is better, I have decided to try really hard not to pay attention to anything my body is doing the next TWW, we'll see how that goes. Fingers crossed for you!

Sandie: You never know, 8 vials might be enough for two kiddos, but I'm with you on it not mattering that much. Originally we didn't want our kiddos to be genetic siblings but we've since decided we'll give it a go if we can. We are only buying one vial at a time though until we get pregnant, then we might buy more for a second. 

Jenny: Sore boobs are good! I can't believe you haven't been testing. Monday isn't that far away though. 

Liz: Can't wait for your ultrasound, to find out if there is one or two in there. Congrats on your anniversary, any big plans to celebrate? 

AFM: Our friends had their baby yesterday, she is adorable! Nothing much else going on. I'm hoping I O next Fri or Sat so that we can actually insem this cycle. 

Old 08-28-2013, 10:43 AM

beastie:  sounds like you have a great plan.  I hope you O on time!  :-)

afm: I did test this morning.  I am 99% sure it was negative.  It is hard to tell if there are faint lines or not with the internet cheapies because you can see the shadow/indent of where the test strip line film thingy is and it is misleading.  I will probably pick up some FRER's tonight, but only 5 or 6 tests.  ONE for each day left.  (I usually test twice a day from 10 dpo onward...) 

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 08-28-2013, 12:06 PM

Oh Jenny that does sound curious. Last time I saw some strange, 'am I having visions?', 'evap line' shadows on the cheap test strips I got a + digital shortly after, even though I was 99% convinced it was nothing. So I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

With many of you talking about moving places, new houses and setting up nurseries such I got a new QOTD - How do you (want to) live with your family (housing, location, neighborhoods)? Are you looking into changes before a baby arrives?
I know it's a bit off topic on TTC but I love reading interior design and architecture mags, so I am curious how you all live. And our living environment plays an important role in a family's life, right?

We just moved into our current place a year and a half ago and I so don't want to move again any time soon. I hate moving, it's exhausting and expensive and we love our current place. Our home is pretty small, about 900sqft, rented and the top floor of a 100 year old house with about 12 other tennants (2 families with small children). The living room is loft style, very open with an open spiral staircase leading up to the attic hobby room where we store the instruments, my sewing stuff, board games and there's a small open kitchen across the hallway. Some of the wooden structure is visible, which looks great, but we run into it sometimes at night. Many walls are slanted which makes putting up bookcases a PITA. Our furniture is mostly Ikea mixed with Bauhaus style (think oddly shaped leather couches and steel tables). We also have a small rooftop terrace where I grow flowers, kitchen herbs and weeds. We are just 2 miles from the center of the city (about half a million people plus suburbs) but surrounded by trees and parks, fairly quiet neighborhood and very close to public transport (trams, busses, train), so we don't need a car. All in all not perfect for children, but we think it's doable. The staircase is a deathtrap for under 5 year olds but we'll cover it and block it off. We'd rather pay inner city rent than own a house in the burbs, especially since we might go abroad for some time again later in our careers. And the next preschool is only 3min and the elementary school 2 min away.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:26 PM

redrock - thanks! we went out for a nice quiet dinner. I'm full from my ovary hyperstimulation so only managed one course but at least it was a good one. I really hope you get to insem this cycle. FX the timing is right!

jenn - ooooo you are a brave woman!!!!! keeping everything crossed here for a BFP.

fried QOTD we own our 2 bedroom house with a big back garden. The second bedroom isn't big and because I work quite a lot from home we need a bit more room. We're looking for at least three bedrooms with a big back garden for the dogs. We've found a couple of houses we like 2 minutes from the beach which would be ideal. The plan is that after DW has her little one in a few years we'll move to Australia, and be in a position for both of us to only work part time. The houses there are only about half the price so I'm almost half convinced to move now except we need the in-law's support over here.

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 08-28-2013, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Jwaite, meeh as well. I had the request to get larger ones so that's what I was doing lol! Just know I'll never be going to that Walgreens again! Wow CD14 snuck up on Meeh, guess that's the normalness of no meds

Beastie, it is!! I was just cruising along. I'm rather excited though.

Liz, it does suck but at least taking maternity leave means you're a mummy!

AFM, getting ready to insem and it's been nice not having any hot flashes sans the clomid. Here we go again!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 08-28-2013, 09:08 PM

Soooooo, I think that I might be having implantation bleeding?  Very, very, very,very light pink spotting when I wiped this evening.  I am 9DPO/IUI today.  That timing seems about right, yes?  I mean, my period can't be coming early with a progesterone of 18 on Monday, can it?  It's never been this early before, but then again, I've never taken these meds before...  

Old 08-29-2013, 01:09 AM

fmorris - good luck!

jenn - I HOPE SO!!!!!! ooooo I'm on the edge of my seat. These symptoms really are frustrating, aren't they? Really wanting another BFP for the group!

Old 08-29-2013, 07:48 AM

I'm trying not to get too excited/optimistic.  I feel very AF'y though.  Today I woke up with two HUGE zits.  The part of my TWW where I was totally zen is coming to end I think.  This might do me in!

Old 08-29-2013, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Jenn—ooo, I hope that’s what it is! Fingers crossed!

QOTD—we have a duplex, which is small, but cozy. We were really (really) hoping to do a big renovation this year, but the appraisal came back a little too low and DP decided she wanted to switch careers, so we’re waiting until next year when we hopefully have a better idea of our actual finances and maybe the market has gone up a bit. Right now we have 2 small bedrooms, and can probably wedge another kid in with DD (her room is only about 45 sq ft) but it’ll be tight. The reno was going to add three bedrooms, a bathroom, and laundry upstairs, plus double our kitchen and add a deck. Sad, for sure, that that isn’t happening. But we do have a big back yard and tons and tons of storage space, and the tenants pay most of the mortgage. I just wish we had less stuff so it didn’t feel like there’s no empty space anywhere.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ohhh jennny!!!!!! Fx for you!- 9DPO sounds good for implantation bleeding. I think you can test about 3 days from now!

fmorris good luck! I've heard some anecdotal stories of people getting their BFP on natural cycles after medicated ones.

qotd- we own a medium-sized 3 bedroom backsplit semi-detached home. It backs onto a creek, and is in a starter home neighbourhood. We want a bigger home, but us and 2 small kids could comfortably fit in here. Our neighbours, who have a nearly identical home have raised their 2 kids to adulthood in their home, so we could conceivably live here for a long time. We have a large vegetable garden, which we love, and harvest most of our produce from it 8 months of the year!
Old 08-29-2013, 12:11 PM

Jenny: All these signs sound really promising! Can' wait for testing in a couple of days. 

fmorris: It's gotta be nice to not have the hot flashes. Is it almost insemination time? 

QOTD: We just bought a house a few months ago. It's smaller than we wanted, but will work for now. It's a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom little bungalow. We have a big enough yard for the dogs to run around and we have a good sized garden (I need to make some serious salsa tonight), but we'd love a bigger one some day. DW grew up on a farm in the country so city life has been hard for her to fully adjust to. The basement is unfinished and needs a lot of work if we decide to finish it. If we decide to stay in the house longer than 5 or so years, we'll go ahead and do it. The 2nd bedroom is actually bigger than the one we are using, so two kiddos could definitely share it for a while. I shared a room with one of my sisters until I was 11 or so. I'm more worried about how we'll all make one bathroom work, it's hard enough with just DW and I, yikes. The area is great, we absolutely love it. I can bike to work. We are right in the city, but it's very quiet. We are right by a nice park and it's a very liberal area, which was the most important thing living in a super conservative state. There are queer folks everywhere and we are hoping our friends that just had a baby will move into the neighborhood in the next few months.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:21 PM

jenn - COME ON EGGIES!!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2013, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks liz!!

Hoping good things for you Jenny!

Mamet, what good news, hopefully I'll get to be the next anecdote!

Redrock, yes! Not having hot flashes is the best!!

AFM well insem in a day or two. Haven't been up to much besides making sure we've got everything we need. I'm getting into all Mye new hire stuff and wrapping up at the preschool. Next week is super short as we're out Monday for labor day and out early Wednesday, and out Thursday and Friday for Rosh Hashana. So all in all one full day of work plus paid online training in between. Great timing for a few insems if you ask Meeh!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 08-29-2013, 06:19 PM

:-(  I think AF is here.  Still not full on flow, but we've moved to red and amount has increased.  :-(

Old 08-30-2013, 04:07 AM

Jenn :HugI'm really sorry to hear that, I had high hopes for you x

fmorris - sounds like a great week!

OMG my dreams are ridiculous & I am so tired but spending 1-3 hours awake most nights 3.30am onwards. Urk. Last night I dreamt DW just went & inseminated herself this month. It was a bit of a shock & quite stressful! That was the first of 3 equally weird & slightly disturbing dreams so I'm a little on the tired side!

Old 08-30-2013, 06:07 AM

Hi Ladies, sorry I've not been on in the last couple of days...life sometimes throws curve balls :)  One of my clients has been in crisis ~ 

Beastie, I know it's hard to be too excited at first.  But I am sending you lots of positive vibes still and hoping for very sticky baby embryo for you guys<3n  The 10th can't get here quick enough, huh?!  You and Liz both will have great news that day :joy  It sounds like you are swamped with the juggling act of professional motherhood to distract you!  Hold on for the ride:)

Hi Isa, thanks for the encouragement...I can't wait to be in the next phase of things.  I so appreciate the blogs, and was reading the thread HOW I GOT MY BFP recently.  It's quite encouraging to see others' perseverance thru to their ultimate dream coming true.  It give me hope:)  We took a whole year off after two tries with frozen sperm, and bfns both times...it seemed like an eternity.  So I know it's hard to sit out for a bit.  I'm thinking of you!

Agrex, how are you guys holding up?  Keeping busy?  We have found that DW and I only really share our ideas of pregnancy and babies as if I am getting that bfp now.  It helps us to keep things in perspective sometimes.  Always remembering that we do tend to create our realities.  So I try to always vote for the trust in universe philosophy.  Good luck to you both!!  Almost half way thru the TWW?!

Sandie, I am so glad your lady's tests came back so positive!  That's one less piece to wonder and worry with!  YEAH!!  I love your trust and optimism in this process.  And we all know what a process it is..our kids are VERY WANTED kids!  Kind of a cool thing to know:)  Glad to know your lady is taking time for herself to go to acupuncture each week.  It's a great break for her to focus on fertility.  Hugs to you both.

JENN, I, too, am on the edge of my seat with you!  I am really hoping for you this is it!!  :blowkissdust.gifKeep us posted!  I have been reading thruout my client's crisis and maintaining my home life and really hoping you are an Aug/Sept grad!!

Liz, Happy Belated Anniversary!  Sorry I missed it.  I am glad you went out to a nice meal.  It sounds like the beginning of this pregnancy is fairly 'normal' for you with the hormones and all, which I am excited to know:)  My good friend is carrying right now, and she was very grumpy in the first 6-8 weeks.  She snapped out of it tho' after that first ultra sound!  :))

FMorris, when is O time??  Whoo hoo, buckle your belt for another TWW, with the hopes that this is it for you guys!!! 

Fried, still keeping everything crossed for a perfectly timed and smooth sailing IUI on the 2nd.  What are you doing for your Bday?  When is it exactly?

Well, afm...tested on Wed AM - bfn.  Feeling like AF is going to show today or tomorrow.  If not, I may test tomorrow AM.  One day at a time...Still staying positive that it will happen as it is supposed to.

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

Old 08-30-2013, 06:44 AM

fmorris happy insemming! Hope it goes splendidly.

Jenny . Argh, I am so sorry it didn't work. Big hugs and take good care of yourself.

jwaite it's not over till AF so I'll still keep my fingers crossed for you. How many DPO are you? Oh and I hope your client gets better soon.

Afm
My birthday is on sunday and DPs on monday (yes, our bdays are a day apart). Right now we plan on triggering monday, if the US looks good, and IUI the next day on CD12. We used to insem on CD 11 but I want to try a day later, because the one time we got a + we triggered at >20mm as compared to 17-18mm most other times. I think we might have been a bit too early perhaps. I feel like we're right on track with this cycle, my temp dropped a bit today and the first EWCM came in. So this means that DPs birthday activity is tank pick-up and a gyneocologist visit with me *lol*. We'll also visit my family for cake and coffee on sunday and have one or two dinners at a nice restaurant. We both have next week off from work, so we'll spend the first half of the TWW hiking, biking and preparing the wedding. I already crafted two flower girl baskets today from little woven baskets that were filled with blueberries I bought at the asian market last night.
In addition I signed up for an LGBT creative writing course in English taught by an American. It's a bit daunting since I haven't done creative writing ever in any language, only school work and academic writing for conferences in English. It sounded so interesting though. He sets topics every week (coming out, identity, relationships, gay historical figures, queer parenting etc.) and we have one week to write about it and present it to the others. I bet it turns out very enlightening and even a bit therapeutic.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:00 PM

Hi everyone! I am new to this board, but my partner and I have been ttc for a year and a half, first with frozen, a couple months ago switching to a KD. Currently I am 10dpi, and really hoping this is the cycle for me! Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:28 AM

Jenny my last post must have crossed with yours or something. ..I'm really sorry! Big hugs to you.

Tags
Trying To Conceive , Lgbtq
User Tag List