Queer Conceptions: August 2013 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 279 Old 07-31-2013, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With all the kids getting back to school in August and September lets make some spring babies in our spare time!

Please put your updates in BOLD.

GRADUATES: Please click here to share how you got your BFP!

Waiting to O whistling.gif

Fmorris28 BFPChart2.gif
redrockband
fillefantome BFPChart2.gif
Friederike
SanDiego78

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2ww fingersx.gif

JustAnotherJenny blogging.jpg
Lovestreet13
jwaite05
Agrex

Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be ready wool.gif

Sandiegongp

Prettyisa
mamaetmaman
TaviPDX
pookafaye
lea2012
DarcySD
KWPX2 BFPChart2.gif
Twomommyfamily
TineyDreams
Scorpioma BFPChart2.gif
Rs11
Darthtunaqueen
TillyBarry
heart-n-bones
BByH1Pr

chicken3.gif2013 Graduates! chicken3.gif

August *Jam51212joy.gif*Lizbianjoy.gifBeastiejoy.gif
May *Lovingisliving joy.gif
March * Escher joy.gif * Sotohana joy.gif * Amt1015 joy.gif
February * Granite joy.gif
January * Esenbee2 joy.gif * LindseyW joy.gif * Sphinxy joy.gif

2012 Graduates!

December * Joyseattle * Mrsandmrs & Bigfoot
October * Cordelia15 * PokeyAC * Easttowest * ErinTNgirl * Outdoorsy
September * Wishin'&hopin' * Lisedea * Tandy401
August *Thenewzero * KnittingTigers * TaraL
July * Cananny
May * Mtnlisa
April * Nosreves
March * SkyandTru * JuneBug
February * MidwifeStephPDX * SouthernBelle24
January * Planet * Dandylez

2011 Graduates!

December * DesertSunsets
November * Aljm41910
October * Vienna79 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious * SwtRainbowBrite * Go_Vegan
September * Smilingsara * Ad Astra * Mumquest
August * Prettyisa
July * Onemommyonemama * Southern Fried Karma
June * CrystalPerez * Qmama42
May * KellySF
April * Want2bmumx2 * Indigoscot
March * Graceie * Seraf * 2ezforyou * Mommy55
February * Escher * SharriKitColorado * DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow * AmyPDX * AmandaHope * Cejae
September * Solejean * Painefaria
August * Bttrflygypsy * 2happymamas * LibraryLady
July * Beastie * Gumshoegirl007 * Wehrli
June * Coco
May * Burg * Korey
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & Smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#2 of 279 Old 07-31-2013, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

LADIES, Let meeh know if I have everyone in the right places and if you're not I'll get you moved asap!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

#3 of 279 Old 07-31-2013, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for starting the new thread fmorris!
#4 of 279 Old 07-31-2013, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam51212 View Post

AFM – My BFP was short lived. I took the test FMU yesterday and then started to spot in the afternoon. Nothing in the evening or this morning but I have started to stop again today. Looks like AF is just around the corner  Kind of wishing I wouldn’t have taken that HPT after all so I wouldn’t have gotten our hopes up. I guess not we just have to change our focus to trying next month. Unfortunately DW will be out of town the whole week I should O so I will be flying it solo or taking a month off. I think I would rather do it alone than not at all but they’re both emotional choices. So unfair everything we have to go through just to have a child we all want so deeply.

I'm so sorry, jam... Any chance it's implantation bleeding? Hugs to you & your DP.

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
#5 of 279 Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks for the shiny new thread fmorris

jam I am so sorry!

#6 of 279 Old 08-01-2013, 12:57 AM

fmorris thanks for the thread-  hope it'll be lucky for lots of us as didn't graduate anyone last month greensad.gif

jam really sorry to hear that - it's trying to balance between waiting & impatience I find xx

lovestreet - great you managed to insem this cycle after all and great news about gay marriage!! Your mayor sounds very supportive which makes a difference. FX for you.

sandie - you asked the question on swimmers, right? as soon as we get a BFP we'll order some to store for DW to have a go in a year or so. Not going to yet just in case we need to change donors for some reason & he currently has enough we can afford to do that.

AFM good night's sleep last night & feel a lot better. Today is just hanging around waiting for tomorrow & hoping the little eggies have divided into 2 cells as they were supposed to. I'm slightly concerned they want to transfer tomorrow which is only 48 hours after the 'plucking' (aspiration) as I want to wait as long as possible but I'm not sure they do transfsers on the weekend. If that's the case I'll definitely transfer 3 as the chance of it working is pretty low. 12 days until my book launch & 40th! eeeeek.

WE NEED A BFP LADIES!!!!  grouphug.gif

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#7 of 279 Old 08-01-2013, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Thanks for the thread, fmorris! It sounds like you definitely have your window covered!

Sandie- congrats on the wedding! And nothing like getting pregnant on your honeymoon weekend to make it official, right? I would suggest doing what Liz is doing- get pregnant and then buy sibling vials if it is important to you. We we t through four donor changes before one worked, and I am so glad we didn't feel like we had to stick with the first guy. Most active donors seem to have high numbers at the bank while they are still donating, so I feel like mos people have at least a couple months after getting their bfp to buy more. It depends on your particular donor, of course.

Jenny--this is my first! smile.gif. Last time it was nine months from the first iui til successful ivf. I'm hoping this round goes more quickly. Your situation with your DP sounds hard to me. I'm glad she is being supportive, though, and I hope that actually having the baby seals the deal for her about parenting.

Liz--sorry about the pain and bleeding. greensad.gif but thrilled about an even dozen! That's great! Would you tell people at your party if (when) you get your bfp? I am a big blabber mouth--there is no way I could keep it quiet!

Jam--I am so sorry about the spotting. I forget, are you taking progesterone supplements? Have you called your doctor? There probably isn't anything they can do, but maybe that would help? This whole process definitely sucks.

Mama--I hope you don't need to get to ivf! Would you be happier doing the reciprocal ivf than carrying? It's got to be so emotional making the decision to switch after you already have invested so much in carrying. Fingers crossed for you!
Love street--ha! The first thin I thought when you said the parts didn't seal was electrical tape! Oh, lesbians. So glad things fell into place for you, and I loved reading about the weddings. You know, maternity bridal is really taking off these days... wink1.gif

Red rock- that is a long cycle! I think if you just retire to your room for the evening she probably wouldn't guess that you had a tank of sperm hidden in the closet...

AFM things are carrying on. It's 8dpo, and I am still feeling lots of very light cramping, which is unusual for me. It it hard to know how being pregnant this early would feel, since last time it was a 5 day blast, and i was on lots of support drugs, so im optimistic, but wouldnt be surprised if im wrong, either. Last night DP had a thought and asked me to check something-she was right. Our insem this cycle was on the 2year anniversary of the day we did our successful transfer last time. Which means that if I am preggo this baby will be due on DD's birthday.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#8 of 279 Old 08-01-2013, 07:27 AM

Granite - I guess I assumed it was too late for that and too close to AF? I will know for sure tomorrow!

Fmorris - thanks for the new thread! And hopefully it brings you luck!!!

Lovestreet - that is great news all around! I'm glad it worked out for you. And how exciting to be living in Minnesota at a time like this!

Liz - glad to hear you're feeling better! FX that they have split and are behaving properly smile.gif

Pretty - I did start progesterone injections last Friday which was 7dpo. I haven't called my doctor because I just assumed it was AF making her entrance. I have my official pregnancy test tomorrow so I will officially know then. How exciting that you inseminated on your anniversary! That must be luck!

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15****20****25***30****35* ***40
#9 of 279 Old 08-01-2013, 09:51 AM

jam: I'm so sorry.  :-(  I hope your test tomorrow proves differently!

morris: Thanks for the new thread!

lovestreet:  Yay! Glad you managed to do the insem!

So, have any of you signed up for the compassionate care program through the manufacturer of Gonal-F and Ovidrel and Cetrotide?  Well, my doctor's office told me about it today, because I'm going to need a lot more of the injectibles than I have available to me.  Folks -- I qualified for 75% off the cash price of the meds!!  I can hardly believe it! (It just goes to show you how overpriced they are.)

To qualify you need to have a yearly income less than 62,000. USD according to my doc.  Last year, my income was just under 40k USD and I qualified for 75% off.  They also offer a 50% off -- it's all income based and you have to prove it with w-2 or 1040ez or 1099 etc.  I faxed the paperwork this morning and received an email today that I qualified.

More information is available here:

http://fertilitylifelines.com/fertility-support/saving-on-fertility-treatment

and the application is here:  http://fertilitylifelines.com/sites/default/files/combinedcompassionatecareforms_0.pdf

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#10 of 279 Old 08-01-2013, 10:01 AM

Hi all,

With some shyness and trepidation, I'd like to join the Queer Conceptions thread... I'm a 2010 graduate here: my daughter E was born in 2011. I was also pregnant once before, but had to terminate that pregnancy  for a neural tube defect. Both of those conceptions happened at home, on the first try! But we now have a limited number of vials from our (anonymous) donor, plus I'm not able to chart with any regularity due to random toddler wakings, so we're doing an unmedicated monitored IUI cycle through an RE. I'd love some support as we navigate this new process.

Right now, I'm waiting to O. I had baseline U/S monitoring on CD2, and will have another monitoring U/S on CD11 (Saturday); from there, I guess I'll be waiting on an OPK+ and/or other signs of O (I don't always get a reliable OPK, hence the monitoring). Sperm's in the mail today...

Looking forward to getting to know you all a little bit, and hoping we all have short stays here before moving to the Queer Pregnancy thread.

--Beastie

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#11 of 279 Old 08-01-2013, 10:02 AM

jam- fingers crossed that it's just implantation bleeding making its way out. Good luck on your test!

prettyisa- yeah, it's a bit strange to think of moving straight to the reciprocal IVF after investing so much into me carrying, but it's also a huge relief, since I didn't really want to be the one to carry originally. DW has a strong desire to be pregnant but would be committing career suicide if she took time off for a mat leave. I'm hoping we get pregnant soon and just being part of the pregnancy and being a parent to our children will fill that void for her.
Also- how lucky that your insem was on the same day as your last successful one! Birthdays around the same time sound doubly fun.

liz- what happy times for you- potential BFP, book launch, and milestone bday! An awesome trifecta!

AFM- I'm CD9 today, and I went in for BW and US, which revealed a 19mm dominant follie on the right side! We might be inseminating in the next few days!
#12 of 279 Old 08-01-2013, 10:04 AM

beastie- today is my CD9 too! We're cycle buddies! Welcome back smile.gif
#13 of 279 Old 08-01-2013, 10:21 AM

beastie and mamaetmaman: I'm also CD9  LOL!  How funny!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#14 of 279 Old 08-01-2013, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mamaet, Welcome! It was a pleasure!

Friederike, I love shiny new threads. Hopefully I'll have some threadkeepers luck I can spread around!

Liz, No worries I'm glad to do it. I'm hoping for the luck as well, it'd be something to graduate myself, huh? Glad you're feeling much better than yesterday. I'm hoping for the best for your little eggies! So very excited for the book and your birthday! And I'm with you on the BFP need around here!

Isa, Welcome. I'm hoping all bases were covered. This cycle was so much more less stressful than the first 3 at the doctors. I like being able to make mye own decisions because I questioned mye doc sooo much lol. Glad your TWW is going well, how sweet is that the LO might be due on DD's birthday! FX for you!!

Jam, Thank you much. I'm keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow. 

Welcome Jenny! I'm never heard of that, but 75% off meeds is a steal of a deal!! Thank you for the great info!

Beastie, Welcome back! I've moved you to waiting to O. I wish you the best of luck on this cycle!!

AFM, just hanging out..not really tracking how many DPO I am because it seems to stress meeh out more, so I'm just acting normal. Its working much better for meeh. I'm still temping, but as far as reading into anything…I'm making that a No-No for meeh lol.

#15 of 279 Old 08-01-2013, 12:11 PM

CD 10 here, although I won't ovulate until CD 18 or so. Yay for TWW buddies. 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and a baby on the way

****5****10****15****20****25***stork-boy.gif30****35****40

#16 of 279 Old 08-01-2013, 02:10 PM

prettyisa wouldn't that be spooky if your next one was due same day? wow! nope won't tell people until 3 months. Lots of people knew we went away last time and we've had to answer lots of questions about it but this time I've managed to fly under the radar & only a couple of people (from work) know we've gone which means we can keep it secret whatever happens which is good.

jenn that's fantastic news about cheaper meds. I'm quite lucky because the states (equivalent of the government) currently subsidise them so only have to pay £2.30 instead of about £250 which is ridiculous!!! think they'll change that soon.

Beastie - WELCOME!!!!  Welcome.gif great you've already had one success, I hope the next one is trouble-free xx

mama - exciting & go dominant follie!!!!!

it's great so many of us will be in the TWW together.

AFM still feeling pretty average which is to be expected. It kind of feels like really bad period pain but nothing a good night's sleep won't fix. I find out at 9am Danish time tomorrow whether they will do the emby transfer (ET) tomorrow or wait until the weekend. Basically if there are only a few that have fertilised they'll stick 'em all in but if lots have they'll try to wait to see which are the best. Here's hoping for some to fertilise!!!!! I wish DW was here but we've been skyping and is super supportive, having to look after 4 dogs at home by herself, poor thing! I have to think of a good second engagement present to give to her on my birthday when I propose - any good ideas? she's not really one for jewellery even though she wears 2 of my rings xx

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#17 of 279 Old 08-01-2013, 05:33 PM

Beastie: Welcome back! It is great to see you around here again! How many insems did you decide to do this cycle?

Isa: I have my fingers firmly crossed that you'll end up with an almost-surprise bfp very soon. fingersx.gif

Lizbian: Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow morning! fingersx.gif

Hi to everyone else!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#18 of 279 Old 08-02-2013, 12:33 AM

ladies, guess what?!?!!?!??!?! MONDAY FOR THE TRANSFER!!!! I had 7 embryos fertilise which means they can wait an extra couple of days to see which are the strongest & last to the 5 days. Even though there'll be fewer to implant it means the percentages of success have just doubled - YAY!!!! you wouldn't believe how happy I am right now xx just need to entertain myself for 3 days! joy.gif

#19 of 279 Old 08-02-2013, 02:37 AM

It's a BLAST  banana.gif

#20 of 279 Old 08-02-2013, 06:05 AM

WOW!  LIZ, that's so exciting!  How wonderful!  I'm so happy for you!  

#21 of 279 Old 08-02-2013, 06:08 AM

It's taking me a minute to get to know you all and catch up on what's happening, so I'm just going to jump in starting from the beginning of the August thread. Apologies if this means I miss responding to big news right away.

First, hugs to Jam. It's not over till it's over, but I'm sending good energy to you either way.

Mamaetmaman, how are you feeling? Grow, follicle, grow! It does seem like we're on similar timelines (I'll update below). I'm excited to be in a CD/TWW club with you and justanotherjenny! (you, too, redrockband)

fmorris, your laid back attitude is refreshing! FX for a BFP ASAP!

Lizbian great news about your many fertilizations! So exciting. The three days should go fast... Also, hooray for an engagement!

Escher, nice to see you too! Congrats on this pregnancy, and, while I'm catching up, also on your last one! It's nice to see a familiar name. 

AFM,  bear with me while I have a (long) panic attack and ask for advice?

I'm a little freaked out by the transition from at home ICIs to IUIs with an RE. DP and I felt really confident and empowered about timing and our little system at home, and now I'm bewildered by the new, shorter, window for successful IUIs plus navigating the RE's system and trying to make sure it's the right fit for me without overthinking it. Ok, maybe I've already failed at not overthinking. Anyway, the RE's system is to wait for an OPK+ and then do an IUI the next morning, and then a second the morning after that. In the past, I haven't always gotten clear OPKs (and I know I ovulated those cycles, because I got pregnant!), so I'm also doing blood and ultrasound monitoring, in an effort to get clear about timing. But the RE usually only does monitoring with medicated cycles, or at least a trigger, so they seem a little vague about what they're doing... so far I had a baseline monitoring on CD2, and the plan is for another U/S and bloodwork tomorrow (CD11). But today I got an early OPK+, and EWM so I'm thrown for a loop! Actually, I'm using a fancy OPK, Clearblue advanced, and it shows up to two days of "high" fertility and then up to two days of "peak" fertility. So today is really just the first day of "peak," and I'm actually so textbook that the little example chart on the box shows "high" on CD 10 and 11 and "peak" on CD 12 and 13, with ovulation on CD13. 

OK, fertility friends, thanks for reading all that. Given all this information, when's the ideal timing for my two IUIs? Brill says IUIs should be as close to O as possible, since washed sperm has only about an 8 hour lifespan. So CD12 and 13? 13 and 14? 

I think the real answer is that I might know more at monitoring tomorrow, or I could get "peak" on my OPK sooner (or later) than the textbook case. If I was using ICI, I'd know what to do. But I'm accepting all IUI advice!

#22 of 279 Old 08-02-2013, 06:13 AM

thanks ladies - WE HAVE BLASTOFF! xx still not feeling 100% but hopefully will by Monday after which I'll be feeling dodgy for a different reason xxx

#23 of 279 Old 08-02-2013, 08:20 AM

beastie since you're getting bloodwork and US tomorrow, shouldn't that give an answer when exactly to expect O? To me it seems like you're at the beginning of the surge, so if the US shows say a 19-21mm follie and bloodwork confirms the surge I would go 24 and 36hrs after surge (unless you O early after the surge, but that should be visible on US). I think the 8 hours lifespan mentioned are the mere minimum, I think 12-18 are realistic.
I wouldn't put too much stock into the fancy super sensitive OPK if it shows 4 days of fertility. Those OPK work perfectly with fresh swimmers, but with IUIs, like you said, the window is much shorter, so the ideal time should be at the far end of the time period the monitor tells you. My IUI advice would be to use a trigger since you're already monitoring and perhaps question the use of back-to-back insems. Statistically 2 IUIs only raise success rates from 14% to 15%. Good luck Beastie and all the others who might be insemming soon.

#24 of 279 Old 08-02-2013, 08:31 AM

Thanks for the advice, Fiederike! I think I talked myself down from that panic, and I agree that I'll know more (and have better info) in the next few days. 

I would be doing this at home, and closer to my comfort zone if we didn't have limited vials from our donor, so I think some of this panic is just adjusting to the new model of TTC. Plus trying to micromanage everything while busy with work, life, and toddler!

#25 of 279 Old 08-02-2013, 09:20 AM

Liz: Hurrah! Such great news, I'm really happy and excited for you. 

Beastie: I never said a proper hello and welcome, glad you joined us. We are doing ICI's at home but from what I've read about IUI's (we played with the idea for a minute) what Fried said is what I would say. I've also read that there is no reason to do two IUI inseminations but others might say it worked for them. Do you know how soon after a surge or positive you O? 

Isa: How cool if you got a BFP and your kiddos had the same birthday. 

Jam: I am crossing my fingers that you get good  news today

Fmorris: It sounds like you've got it figure out.We'll see if I can adopt that same mentality during our TWW

Hi everyone one else! 

AFM: Waiting and waiting, trying not to think about things or stress myself out too much as that could delay O and cost us more $ if we have to keep the tank longer.I'm hoping we get a + next Wednesday or Thursday. I have next Thursday and Friday off so that would be helpful for timing. Plus Erykah Badu is doing a concert on Thursday and who wouldn't want to make a baby after her concert? 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and a baby on the way

****5****10****15****20****25***stork-boy.gif30****35****40

#26 of 279 Old 08-02-2013, 11:26 AM

Beastie- sorry had a cross post I think. I'm with Fried (as usual she has very good advice). Frozen should last at least 12 hours from what I've heard & they don't need to swim as much with an IUI as with other methods at home. I'd see what the bloodwork says tomorrow, sounds like you're pretty ready though, good luck & looking forward to being in the TWW with you Monday (fingers crossed, not counting my chickens!)

redrock thanks - I've not heard of Erykah Badu (interesting spelling) but will have to check her out.

AFM just chilling out waiting for Monday & trying not to get too excited as we have a long way to go but this is the closest we've been and all going well we might be lucky & have a blast or 2 to freeze should it be unsuccessful. Still feeling a bit rough & lost my appetite which is never a bad thing!!

Happy Friday to everyone, hope you all have good weekends x

#27 of 279 Old 08-02-2013, 12:19 PM

beastie- my experience has been good with monitoring, in terms of knowing what is going on with my ovulation and follicles. I found that I'd get a +OPK and EWCM but my LH and E2 actually didn't spike until 24 hours later (as per monitoring). So now I just rely on my monitoring. The clinic I go to has the bloodwork results by about 3pm, so we get an accurate idea of where I'm at each day prior to the IUI. It took a little while for me to let go of my control issues and put more faith in the RE's clinic.

liz- yay for Monday!! The nurse told me today that I might be inseminating the same day too!

redrock- I looooove eryka badu! Definitely makes for good baby making mojo! Good luck!
#28 of 279 Old 08-02-2013, 03:09 PM

Jenny – That is so awesome about the cash program with your scripts! Such a money saver!

Beastie – Welcome and best of luck with your new journey!

Fmorris – You have way more self-control than me, but I am sure it will make it a lot easier and less stressful! Good luck!

Liz – GREAT news! That is so exciting! Hope you feel better over the weekend! Could you make a picture book or collage of your adventures together thus far? Or a CD of songs that means something to you both? Something sentimental would probably be extra special.

Redrock – Something trying not to think about it, makes you think about it more don’t you think?! Ohhh the ordeal!

AFM – I took another HPT this morning with FMU anticipating a BFN so I could mentally prepare myself for the news I anticipated getting at work this afternoon. Well to my surprise it was a darker BFP than Tuesday. Still trying to be cautiously optimistic, the day went by sooooo slow waiting for that call but I am so ecstatic to report an official BFP!!!!! My blood work was 111 and I have to go back Monday to hopefully see it at least double. I cannot believe it worked on the first try, we feel so extremely lucky. Obviously a lot can still go wrong and we are trying to still be cautious with our thoughts. Thank you everyone for your good wishes and wonderful thoughts!

Good luck to everyone on their journeys!

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15****20****25***30****35* ***40
#29 of 279 Old 08-02-2013, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Liz, what great news for you! I can't be more happy for the pair of you. How's DW feeling about it all? I can't wait for your Monday to come around! x

Beastie, Its nice not stressing like the other cycles! Glad you enjoy the good worry free vibes! I'd love to see that BFP asap as well! And with your RE don't be afraid to ask questions if you're concerned. I asked a lot with mye doc because I felt we were inseminating too early (CD14) but she kept saying thats when we should, when in actuality I was O'ing more closer to CD17-CD20 they're there to help, but also to make you happy. I would agree with an insem about 36 hours after your positive OPK like the others suggested. FX for you!

Redrock, I sure hope so! I hope you have a breezy uncomplicated TWW! OOh Erykah Badu should be nice for some babymaking afterward! Enjoy the show and good luck!

Jam, It's taken some time for meeh to get to this point lol, but thank you! I feel like I've stressed every other cycle and just want to see if just going with the flow makes it a better journey this time. Thank you for the luck!  Holy Moly our first BFP in a couple months! We've been needing those, hope to follow in your footsteps!! Let meeh know when I can officially move you to the graduates! broc1.gifcarrot.gifjoy.gifbanana.gif

AFM, Well not much to report, just letting go and letting flow. Somewhere around 3 or 4 dpo lol. If I got any more worry free I'd feel like Jimmy Buffett right now lol. Wishing luck to everyone

#30 of 279 Old 08-02-2013, 04:54 PM

Yay, jam!!! Come join us in Queer & Pregnant when you're ready!!!

Hello and FX for everyone else too! I'm rooting for you stillheart.gif!!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive , Lgbtq

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page