Queer Conceptions September - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 133 Old 09-12-2013, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
pookafaye so did you ever see the darker line showing up? Three insems sounds like you got the fertile period very well covered.

Hi mama how are you doing these days? I hope you get to run a lot in the beautiful weather outside?

Thanks a lot for the good wishes everybody. I think I'll break out my new internet cheapies tomorrow at 10DPO, they have a sensitivity of 10IU. Thankfully my 8 year old cousin is staying with us this weekend, so we'll be too busy entertaining the kid to obsess much.

#62 of 133 Old 09-12-2013, 04:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Fried - baby dust baby dust baby dust! I don't think I've ever wanted anyone to be pregnant as much as I want you to (apart from myself of course x). dust.gif

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#63 of 133 Old 09-12-2013, 08:36 AM

Fried: Sending positive thoughts and baby dust your way. Hopefully the kiddo keeps you busy and distracted. 

Pookafaye: I will admit that I'm super jealous that you are using a KD and fresh swimmers. It sounds like you should definitely have covered the fertile window. 

Jwaite: Thanks! How are things going with you? 

Agrex: Sorry about AF. School and working full time, wow. I don't know how you do it. DW and I went to grad school at the same time, I worked part time and she just had her internships. It was tough. 

Liz: Hurrah for a heartbeat! Bummer about the trip, but I'm sure you will still have a wonderful time. 

Beastie: Yay for a good u/s and heartbeat! 

AFM: I'm extremely confused about my cycle. I was pretty certain about our timing and that I ovulated until today. I had ovulation pain, the LH surge was there, EWCM, and my cervix had high, soft and open, but my temp hasn't risen. This morning is was actually substantially lower than usual. What do you all think? I am assuming I didn't ovulate but is there any other possible explanation? Here's a link to my chart. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/friendbeast

I am trying not to be disappointed and frustrated about wasting the swimmers and all that money. We've already talked about doing monitoring and triggering next cycle, my body just doesn't work with the 4 day window the bank gives you to keep the tank. 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and a baby on the way

****5****10****15****20****25***stork-boy.gif30****35****40

#64 of 133 Old 09-12-2013, 11:49 PM

STILL no dark second line. Curse my irregular cycle. The line seemed fainter today so I'm beginning to suspect that this could be one of those cycles where I don't have a significant surge. That is preferable to having our 3 tries be days early after all *cross fingers*. Recently I've been ovulating between CD 14 and 18 and today (still Thursday) is 15. I'm testing 4+ times a day so that I catch the surge if it happens.

Redrock - I'm feel super lucky to have a KD this time - we spent all of our savings on frozen and RE's in our original attempts. I wish I could help read your chart. I miss having access to an US just to check on the follies and the like - it definitely helped put my mind at ease when we had so much money on the line with each try.

Fried - Lost and lots of baby dust to you! dust.gif 

#65 of 133 Old 09-13-2013, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter

redrock how confusing. Does your O date change a lot? Mine almost never does (only when there's two follies) and those times when my temp dropped below the coverline afterwards AF showed up right as planned, so I still think I must have ovulated. If you were right on when you normally ovulate I wouldn't count yourself out just yet.

Anyway, I am 100% in favour of triggering and ultrasounds when working with a bank and frozen. The cost of the meds is usually so much less than an ill-timed insem plus the HCG shot boosts progesterone production of the corpus luteum further so it also supports implantation.

pookafaye - would your KD be open to another donation if you found out that the surge comes late this time?

Liz - don't make me all emotional and weepy, girl. :love

I tested negative today, but 10 DPO is still very early, I am not counting myself out just yet.

#66 of 133 Old 09-13-2013, 08:19 AM

redrock how frustrating. Could you keep the tank for an extra day or so? mine too 2 weeks to send back and because I told them the problems they were pretty flexible

pook - how frustrating for you too. Glad you're testing so you'll catch it whenever it happens

fried xxxx don't count those little eggies out :)

afm I'm off to Portugal to the Algarve where it's 30 degrees (I think that's about 80F?) for 2 weeks. I'm fine now with having to go to Oz later as it will actually end up better timing & happy because I've had some nice communication with my mum this week about pinto. It will just be interesting having to hide my 5 month pregnant bump from my great aunt the nun!

I'll be lurking but not on as much as normal as trying to relax so see you all on the other side! 12 week scan on the 7th October so fingers crossed!!

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#67 of 133 Old 09-13-2013, 09:28 PM

The faint second line on my OPK is now all but gone but I had far more EWCM than the rest of the cycle so we tried again today. :love So very grateful to my KD - so exhausted from driving to SF so much this week. I'm going to keep testing just in case. This all really makes me wish I could track BBT but the kids have me up so frequently in the night I don't think I would get accurate measurements.

#68 of 133 Old 09-14-2013, 07:45 AM

pookafaye: Yeah I was reluctant at first but I think with as much as the sperm costs it's worth a bit extra to make sure everything else is lined up. Good luck in the TWW!

Fried: My O date has changed a bit with the earliest on day 16 and the latest 24 so about a week, those are outliers though, every other time has been day 17 or 18. Excellent point about frozen and monitoring. That's where we are headed probably just monitoring and triggering to start with and maybe IUI, we'll have a chat and decide. Day 10 is still early, fx that you will get a BFP soon

Liz: Our bank only lets up keep the tank for 7 days and that includes shipping, so we got it on Thursday and had to send it back Monday. I suppose we could explain my less than regular cycles and see if they would let us keep it a little longer, usually it's $30 a day extra. Have a blast in Portugal, I'll try not to be too jealous. :wink

AFM: Well my wacky cycle continues to be wacky. I got a peak on the monitor today CD 24. I guess my body had just geared up to ovulate and then changed it's mind until today, we'll see what my temps do over the next couple of days. At least there is next month to look forward to, I'll likely O around DW's bday and then the TWW would be over on mine. A BFP would be the perfect b-day presents.

#69 of 133 Old 09-15-2013, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Hey everybody, are you having a good weekend?
Agrex, kbfs, Fmorris, SanDiego how are you guys doing? Anyone coming up to O time soon?
All the other TWWers, how are you feeling, when will you start poas?

#70 of 133 Old 09-15-2013, 12:45 PM

Hey! Pretty good. The wife and I have been swamped with hw. She started testing again today and should O sometime within the next week smile.gif also insurance seems to be getting worked out. Looks like it'll be good news so that's a relief. Fx.

How are you doing fried?
#71 of 133 Old 09-15-2013, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey TWWers! FX for each and every one of you!!
#72 of 133 Old 09-15-2013, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Agrex good to hear the insurance mess is getting sorted.

Mama how are you?

Afm- I am out. banghead.gif
I'll call the IVF clinic this week to see what they can do.

#73 of 133 Old 09-15-2013, 11:08 PM

hi, everybody!  i've been MIA for similar reasons as the other academics here: i just got an adjunct gig at a really adorable local private college teaching upper div in my field!  plus next week i start my regular TA gig, and my job and postdoc apps are due in about 2 weeks, plus i've still got that pesky dissertation to finish.  fun times!  lots of positive thoughts for those of you starting school.  it can be a rough transition back, as i well know.

fried, i am so sorry.  i really thought this was it.  keep us posted as you talk to your clinic.

jam, my heart broke for you when i read your post, and i just hope that you and your partner are doing okay.  hugs.

beastie, it's good to hear that things are going along smoothly!  sometimes, we really need to hear from people that can just say "this does work" because at times it just seems impossible.  so thank you for sharing the excitement with us :)  happy new year, btw!

liz, that's awesome that you've got vacation plans and a heartbeat!  i study spain, so i've spent lots of time there, but i only got to visit portugal once, and we went right on through where you'll be on our way to lisbon, but it was GORGEOUS, so enjoy!  i don't know if you eat fish, but i just have memories of having the freshest, most delicious fish for virtually every meal i ate in portugal.  yum.  also, good source of omega3 ;)

jwaite, how are you doing?  can't wait to hear your latest.

to everybody working with known donor issues right now, good luck!  i've been thinking a lot about the future of TTC, aka once our money runs out, pretty much like what pookafaye wrote.  i honestly don't have anyone in my life who would work for us, though, so we would have to find someone, i suppose.  those of you using KD sperm, are you working with friends, or people you met through an actual donor search?

afm, this is CD1!  we are now getting ready for insem #2.  tomorrow is our first u/s, and boy are we excited and pretty emotional already! yikes!  so, fried, can you move me to waiting to O?  lady has been doing accupuncture now for 2 weeks, plus taking chinese herbs, along with everything else, and is exercising much more and eating much better stuff and just working really hard on Doing All the Things.  i'm so impressed by her, and i feel like all of her efforts to try to influence things on the fertility side make me redouble my efforts to figure out the best financial approach to all of this for us.  our donor is now sold out, and we only managed to buy 8 total vials (so after this cycle we'll have 6 left) instead of the 12 we had hoped for (leaving us a reserve for a sibling one day).  our money is also really low, but we can do this insem, possibly one with clomid, and then....hopefully win the lottery?  haha...  this whole process is just insanely expensive!  anyway, i'll keep you guys posted as we head into the cycle--we're having some concerns about lady's luteal phase being short and are going to ask about taking progesterone to help, etc.  other than that, just trying to stay positive and not the anxious, neurotic way i really feel inside ;)

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
#74 of 133 Old 09-16-2013, 01:48 AM

Fried - sorry you're out this cycle, I had high hopes for you and I'll be keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you in your next go-around.

SanDiego - I was incredibly intimidated about finding a KD and I was initially convinced there was no one in our lives that we could ask that of. When we stopped trying before we would talk to friends and after mentioning the financial circumstances 3 different friends asked why we hadn't asked them first. Obviously, we still moved forward with adoption but it lingered in the back of our mind (especially when we had foster babies leave us and I didn't think I could foster again). So we ended up asking one of those friends - and so far so good - better than good; I can't believe how accommodating he's been or how excited he is for us. So - perhaps looking over the people in your life again could be worthwhile. We have friends who have found donors through acquaintances (roommates, I think) and even craigslist, but it seems to me they've had a lot of turnover.

AFM - Finally got the second line late today - so much for having shorter cycles. The running joke is that DW's cycle has been bullying mine in an attempt to sync up. I feel terrible about wasting KD's time earlier in the week - 3 times total that have basically 0 chances of working. I guess we'll call them practice. We were out of town Sat but tried on Fri and today. I guess the 2ww officially starts tomorrow.

#75 of 133 Old 09-16-2013, 03:42 AM

Fried :Hug  so sorry for you, I also thought this was it. Let me know if you want any info about Copenhagen xxxxx

thanks girlies, just a flyby visit all good but pretty tired. Trying to drink 3 litres of water a day to keep the waterbed down but not working so far! Chilling out and wandering around a bit but enjoying our time together xx

love to all :grouphug

#76 of 133 Old 09-16-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friederike View Post

Hey everybody, are you having a good weekend?
Agrex, kbfs, Fmorris, SanDiego how are you guys doing? Anyone coming up to O time soon?
Well, my KD is getting to town this evening, I thought I would O tomorrow, but my opk was positive yesterday afternoon, so my timing might be off again. I'm starting to wish I could temp, but with my work schedule (super long, erratic hours) it's just impossible. So all I go on is opks, and it's hard to tell how long after a positive one I actually O, or when to insem based on that! So much guesswork. So fingers are crossed once again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegongp View Post

those of you using KD sperm, are you working with friends, or people you met through an actual donor search?
I was really lucky when we decided we needed to switch from using frozen sperm from a bank to using a KD (almost entirely for financial reasons, that shit adds up!). The first and only person I ever considered asking said yes petty quickly, agreeing to all our contract requests. He's an old friend, married with an 18 month old adorable baby girl. He and his wife don't plan on any more kids, and my partner and I only plan on having one, so we all kind of like the idea of our kids getting to have some kind of relationship with each other. Also, he lives two hours away but is willing and often available to drive down to me as needed, which is a huge help in this process! I kind of can't believe how lucky we are, and totally feel for those of you who are looking for a KD. It's such a huge hard decision!!
#77 of 133 Old 09-16-2013, 09:16 AM

Fried: Oh no I am so sorry, I was so hoping this was it for you. I hope the IVF clinic has some good news for you. Hugs to you. 

Agrex: Glad the insurance got sorted out, it can be such a hassle to deal with. I don't remember, are you using a bank or a known donor? 

Sandie: It's good to see you around. Good luck with the next insem. It's sounds like you have been super busy, I can even imagine. I'd like to go back and get a phd one of these days, but you're not making it sound too appealing :wink

Kbfs: You might want to try checking  your cervix position too. It can at least give you a little bit of a heads up as you are approaching ovulation. 

AFM: Well after two peaks on the monitor this weekend and a positive OPK, we definitely missed this cycle, such a bummer. My temp went up today so this cycle is a bust. The good news is that DW and I have decided to maybe take a friend up on his offer to be a KD. We are meeting he and his partner for dinner tonight and will discuss. I'm really excited as we originally really wanted to use a KD. 

Also, on KD's: We had a KD set up before that didn't work out, mostly for logistical reasons. He was a fairly good friend, but lived far away. It was a lot easier to ask him that we expected. We wanted to use a friend, not a stranger although we did check out the online site for KD's and found it kind of uncomfortable for us. We've tried to think of other people we know and there are many people we could ask and we've had quite a few offers, we are just a little picky I suppose. 

#78 of 133 Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 PM

We asked DP's cousin. He said yes to donating but his wife said no = ( We've asked DP's best friend (a gay man) and are waiting to hear back from him. He's crazy smart and sweet but I just have this feeling he's going to say no... however, we do have a friend who just offered us his sperm! Yay for friends! And he doesn't have children biologically but is raising his niece and nephew and our children are all friends. It looks like it'll be a go with one of these guys in the next few months. 

Due to hyperemesis, I've already met with a perinatologist. I'm upping my folic acid now, along with other vits (K and D), I'm also od'ing on kefir and other probiotics to make my stomach as healthy as possible. The perinatologist is ok doing dual care with my homebirth midwives which is awesome. He's anti picc line but pro subq port which sounds terrible but better than the picc line AND he's really into me being as researched and educated as possible which I love. So, we're gonna do this thing. 

I think I'm going to plan on starting to inseminate in either December or January. That feels far away but I also don't want to be heavy pregnant over the summer if I can avoid it with having three other children. ...... ohmigod, I'm trying for my fourth child.

Queer Femme Mama. Happily partnered to the love of my life, Lee and blissful mama to Aidan (11-09-2001), Zander (01-09-02) and Liam (11 -29-2007). vbac.giflactivist.gifdelayedvax.gifautismribbon.gif Officially TTC!
#79 of 133 Old 09-16-2013, 03:07 PM

Hey there ladies..just a quick drive by to give mye luck to everyone. AF should be here tomorrow, and I'm hoping hoping hoping to insem the day I'm back from seattle as it's the day after I normally O. It might be timed kinda late, but why not give it a go. And I'm thinking that I'm going to do this cycle au naturale again. It was nice not being on a clomid rollercoaster and seeing that mye body is Oing all on her own...I'm so proud of her lol! Good lock to everyone in the TWW.

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#80 of 133 Old 09-16-2013, 07:46 PM

fmorris, how funny that you're going natural and we just decided to do a clomid cycle!  good luck with it!  

we just got back from our first ultrasound with our RE, and i swear to you all we've NEVER seen her without her mentioning our weight like...three times, at least.  and it's making us mad because a) we're fat, but not like...definite major health risks fat (which, what does that even mean), so really once would have been enough and b) she's doing it to the point of not spending enough time talking about other things.  it used to help that she's fat, too, but now it's just not enough to balance out the fat shaming and just...obsessive body policing.  she weighs us every appointment.  both of us.  which, i get it, research says higher risks, but how about you make sure our bloodwork is up to date first?  anyway, rant over.

everything looked good again for CD2 and when RE offered the option of lady taking clomid this cycle to increase chances, we had a rapid discussion and then decided to go for it.  our donor is now sold out, and after this vial, we're down to 6, which is what we had hoped to save for a sibling, so i think we just feel like...let's get more aggressive and see how it goes.  we're now both feeling really excited and optimistic, which is great, but it also means we could be in for an even bigger disappointment.  i've already set us up appointments with my therapist. 

one more rant: there is another local practice that is about 480 cheaper for a clomid cycle, and our RE's financial was trying to say that they don't do any monitoring, but i said they were wrong.  so she called me later to say a colleague's patient told her it's true, so i called the other practice and called ours back to say that no it's not.  i left a vm.  i doubt i'll hear back.  it's just, don't say you'll advocate for us to administration about the pricing being off and then be unwilling to acknowledge that the other price is for the exact same thing, with maybe ONE fewer ultrasound (we currently get 3), and yet it's much, much lower.  so we're running out of reasons to love this practice, and we have a new patient consult at the other one scheduled midcycle, but if they can give us a better price, we would stay because the other doctor, who we see lots b/c of scheduling conflicts, is lovely, and the staff are great.  mostly.  

hoping everyone is doing well, and redrock, do NOT let me put you off a phd, i have really enjoyed myself, but you do need to be realistic about it.  what is your potential field?  experiences range widely and mine is definitely not universal, it's just...a lot of work, very little pay, and absolutely no guarantee of a job at the end.  if you can know that and still feel that it would be worth it to do the phd (i do), then go for it!  

baby dust, everyone! academics and non-academics alike!

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
#81 of 133 Old 09-16-2013, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

redrock argh, sorry to hear you missed the right timeframe. Good luck talking to the KD.
Tavi you're very well prepared.
fmorris you sound very relaxed about the next try, which is great. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a slightly later O so the insem could be just right.
sandie They are totally rude. I wouldn't hesitate to show my anger and just ask her to shut her mouth after she says it once.
The PhD thing, ah, I used to care so much about that, but right now, if I didn't finish but had a child, I wouldn't even mind. Right now I am preparing for summer school and then the new semester which starts mid october where I teach two undergrad and one grad class and some lectures as a substitute. My assistant came back from summer break and enthusiastically asked me when we would continue with research, I had to tell her maybe the beginning of november? Dunno. You're right about the pay and the work and the meagre prospects, so motivation is always a thing.

afm In better news, DW set up our appointment at the IVF clinic on 10/7. I'll meet with my current doctor on thursday to get all the papers ready and discuss what monitoring she can do here. If everything works out we could already start the protocol next month.

#82 of 133 Old 09-17-2013, 05:21 AM

Hi Ladies, a quick drop in...

Fried, I am so bummed that you didn't get a bfp this cycle, but am really happy to know that you are moving forward so quickly with the IVF.  Good luck at your appt!  I'm thinking of you<3

Liz, glad to hear you are staying hydrated and enjoying holiday:)  How are you feeling otherwise?

Sandie, Curse that RE.  I can't believe she's treating you guys that way.  I am overweight too.  And it hasn't hindered anything thus far.  With DS I gained way too much and he was perfect/still is.  I applaud you and your DP for eating healthily and getting yourselves ready for conceiving.  Of course changing habits isn't easy, but I will say, I haven't craved chocolate much at all.  (And it's my favorite thing in life:)  When preggo, our bodies just know what to eat and what not to.  Good luck with the monitoring and FX for you guys.  Did you mention that your lady has a  short luteal phase?  I did too and started taking vit b6.  It helped immediately.  And also helps with nausea during pregnancy (supposedly:)). 

Ladies trying to track cycles, I hear ya!  That was my biggest frustration.  I wasn't ever sure.  But practice and diligence is the key.  Using the Clear Blue smileys were what did it for us.  But also learning my cycle and knowing the signs.  I will try to catch up on more personals later this evening:)

afm/u, hanging in there...in my 7th week.  We go to see my primary care physician tomorrow.  I am hoping she'll do bloodwork for our piece of mind to see where hcg levels are.  I am doing fine tho'.  Lots of nausea, very tired, no foods look or sound good, and smells are really getting to me.  So from what we can tell, I am right where I am supposed to be.  We can't help but shop for this little one:)  And I am really thinking it's a girl based on the nausea... I didn't have this much with DS.  Feeling great about things and looking forward to hearing a heartbeat...not til 11 wks tho'.  Seems like forever away:)

Baby dust and positive energy to all!!

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

#83 of 133 Old 09-17-2013, 07:58 AM

fried- Agh sorry it didn't work out.  But it is exciting that you're moving forward with IVF soon!

redrock- We are using a bank, so there's still a reasonable expense. Just not AS much as it would've been.

jwaite- That's so exciting, I'm glad you're doing well. 

AFM/U- just waiting to O.  I'm getting a little nervous though since last time we were a little unsure of when ovulation actually happened.  We think we went in late, but we're not positive.  So she's using the smiley test in the morning and the lines in the afternoon.  We think maybe she got her surge in the afternoon so testing at 0430 in the morning (when we get up) put us at a disadvantage.  We think we missed it and didn't realize anything was happening until the next day.  We only got the blinking smiley one day, plus some other signs.  Anyone else see anything like this?  Any advice?

#84 of 133 Old 09-17-2013, 09:13 AM

Well I'm back in the tww! Insemmed last night when I got home from work. It ended up being about 33 hours after my darkest opk, which seems late to me, but we'll see! He's willing to come over tonight after work as well, but that'll be 57 hours, which is really too late, right? Is it worth even trying?

Agrex- when I was using both the lined cheap tests and the smiley, I would test every four hours or so with the cheapies and then when the lines started looking dark I would use the same urine to test with a smiley. When were the lines darkest?
#85 of 133 Old 09-17-2013, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hi Everyone! Just a drive-by to say that I'm reading along and crossing my fingers for everyone! I'm on day 8 of birth control pills, so I look like a teenager and have gotten the attitude of one, too, lately. Too busy for personals, but I'm cheering everyone on and hopefully will be able to devote some more time here soon!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#86 of 133 Old 09-18-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyisa View Post

Hi Everyone! Just a drive-by to say that I'm reading along and crossing my fingers for everyone! I'm on day 8 of birth control pills, so I look like a teenager and have gotten the attitude of one, too, lately. Too busy for personals, but I'm cheering everyone on and hopefully will be able to devote some more time here soon!

I hope things can find their balance for you quickly with the birth control. It can make very real and powerful changes to us - and a lot of them aren't good. I was on it years ago and it made me someone I didn't recognize and didn't like. Before I knew what was making me so sensitive and aggressive, I got in to a messy conflict with my boss. It was crazy. I hope things go much more smoothly for you!

#87 of 133 Old 09-18-2013, 05:57 PM

Hey everyone! Hope all is well in queer baby-making land!

We're onto plan b now- reciprocal ivf. Right now we're both on day 1 of birth control pills.

isa- how long do they plan on keeping you on them? When are they starting the ovulation suppressants?
#88 of 133 Old 09-18-2013, 06:00 PM

Ooppps! Pressed reply too soon.

Our RE clinic has been very bad at communicating their plans for us. I've been kind of frustrated because our schedules are so inflexible, that I NEED to plan ahead, but the clinic won't call or email me back.

We have an appt with the RE himself on Sat, so I'm hoping to get some answers.

FX for everyone.
#89 of 133 Old 09-19-2013, 06:55 AM

Hi girls,

just a quickie when sitting in the lobby of the hotel.

kbfs - good luck!

fried - great news about the appointment, good luck with it x

jwaite- no nausea but I am SOOOOO TIRED!!! I'm also having trouble sleeping, often lying awake for 2+ hours from about 4am. and I need to wee a lot. DW is being great at letting me take it easy, especially as it's about 30 degrees so trying my best to stay hydrated.

girls who use KD's - good effort, I'm impressed! We could never do it, partly because of the fact we don't really know any guys we think would say yes, and partly because of the worry about the legal aspects if something goes wrong later. I can't help from my point of view that it would change our relationship with KD & we didn't want any of that stress as there's enough for us already.

on a positive note - my mum said congrats again about the pregnancy & how happy she is we told her so things are looking up in that regard, phew!!!!

off to relax a bit more now x

#90 of 133 Old 09-20-2013, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Agrex—That’s frustrating—Maybe using the smiley twice a day and the cheapies twice would help pinpoint things? I know that’s a lot of POASing (is it a verb?) but it might help you figure out what’s going on!

Pook—thanks for the advice/support. It was actually really helpful to read that because I was getting myself geared up for stupid little work fights over things that don’t matter and seeing your response reminded me that it’s the hormones, not the situation, so I toned it way down. I can’t wait to see how much fun I am on the stim meds!

Mama—I’ll be on them a little longer than usual—last time it was just over two weeks, this time it would have been three, but I have a vacation planned right when I would be doing a retrieval, so we’re adding an additional week to carry me over that. I think I’m stopping on the 29th and then starting injections on the 4th or 5th, but I’ll know more for sure after my saline ultrasound next week. It’s hard to figure out the protocol, since every doctor is so different. Mine’s pretty aggressive with the timing, so the least amount of time we can spend on things is usually the way she goes, which makes me happy!

Liz—glad your mom is behaving well!

AFM—starting to think about what it will actually be like to be pregnant again. I had this little early-morning fantasy about going on a big international trip somewhere this winter, but I can’t decide if it would be awesome or horrible to fly potentially 5ish months pregnant with a toddler for more than 8 hours. I also don’t know where we’d go or how we’d pay for it, but it was really lovely having the daydream!

QOTD—is there anything big you’d like to accomplish before your (next) baby arrives?

She's here!
And so are the boys!

Tags
Trying To Conceive , Lgbtq

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page