Queer Conceptions September - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2013, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Let's make some summer 2014 babies

Please put your updates in BOLD.

GRADUATES: Please click here to share how you got your BFP!

Waiting to O whistling.gif
lea2012
Fmorris28 chartnew.gif
SanDiego78

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2ww fingersx.gif
Sandiegongp
Agrex
Kbfs
redrockband
pookafaye

Working on IVF
Prettyisa
mamaetmaman
Friederike

Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be readywave.gif
jwaite05
Jam51212
Lovestreet13
JustAnotherJenny
fillefantome
TaviPDX
DarcySD
KWPX2
Twomommyfamily
TineyDreams
Scorpioma
Rs11
Darthtunaqueen
heart-n-bones
BByH1Pr

2013 Graduates!

August *Lizbian joy.gif*Beastie joy.gif
May *Lovingisliving joy.gif
March * Escher joy.gif * Sotohana joy.gif * Amt1015 joy.gif
February * Granite joy.gif
January * Esenbee2 joy.gif * LindseyW joy.gif * Sphinxy joy.gif

2012 Graduates!

December * Joyseattle * Mrsandmrs & Bigfoot
October * Cordelia15 * PokeyAC * Easttowest * ErinTNgirl * Outdoorsy
September * Wishin'&hopin' * Lisedea * Tandy401
August *Thenewzero * KnittingTigers * TaraL
July * Cananny
May * Mtnlisa
April * Nosreves
March * SkyandTru * JuneBug
February * MidwifeStephPDX * SouthernBelle24
January * Planet * Dandylez

2011 Graduates!

December * DesertSunsets
November * Aljm41910
October * Vienna79 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious * SwtRainbowBrite * Go_Vegan
September * Smilingsara * Ad Astra * Mumquest
August * Prettyisa
July * Onemommyonemama * Southern Fried Karma
June * CrystalPerez * Qmama42
May * KellySF
April * Want2bmumx2 * Indigoscot
March * Graceie * Seraf * 2ezforyou * Mommy55
February * Escher * SharriKitColorado * DAWNMP1
January * Starling&diesel

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow * AmyPDX * AmandaHope * Cejae
September * Solejean * Painefaria
August * Bttrflygypsy * 2happymamas * LibraryLady
July * Beastie * Gumshoegirl007 * Wehrli
June * Coco
May * Burg * Korey
April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32
February * Mistral * Quasar & Smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama
January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess
October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl
September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious
August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'
July * Hbog
May * Indigoscot
April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen
March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4
February * Deny_zoo29
January * Jodybird511

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2013, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome to a new month. Let's hope for many BFP's.
My Ipad messed up the formatting, sorry for that, I'll get rid of all the annoying code when I have access to a real computer and move people to their right spots.

jenny Sorry to hear you're taking a break, those are hard. I hope you can get the money you need for IVF and take some time to heal and prepare yourself for the procedure. All the best.

fmorris how are you doing? Did you insem yet?

kbfs welcome to the board! TTC for a year and a half sounds very tough. How many tries did you have so far? Do you want to tell us some more about yourself, what you do and how you found your donor? Your TWW is almost over I guess. When are you testing?

Old 09-01-2013, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

jwaite - what am AMAZING start to the month!!!! :joy this is just until you have official word but WOO BLOODY HOO!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxxoo

fried - I hope you updated your signature to reflect your new age! :rotflmao

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 09-01-2013, 11:47 AM

jwaite is starting things off right in September!!! wooot wooot!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 09-01-2013, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Congrats jwaite! And thanks for checking on us.

Jenny- Sorry to hear your news.

AFM- so yesterday was a week since the insem. We are staying hopeful but I'm not allowing myself to think about it too much. She says she doesn't want to test until friday. I might be crazy by then but I'm trying really hard to focus on other things. Which is easier during the work week. Ahh well. Everybody keeps asking why she isn't having any alcohol at the social events we have been to. We are hanging in there.

Hope all is well with everyone else!
Old 09-01-2013, 07:20 PM

Freid, we did tell DW's sister. She's also TTC and totally gets the rollercoaster ride if it all. She had a chemical pos last year at this time. So we felt okay telling her. I also messaged my acupuncturist...who was very excited. We'll also be sharing with our two best friends the next time we see them. But that's it for now. I'll be calling to make an appt with our midwives after the holiday weekend. And also my primary care physician to do a blood panel before hand. I am still a little shocked to be honest. But I have to admitt we went out and bought a couple of baby books today...and I ordered a pregnancy journal online. I'm sure I'll test again in the morning:)

blowkiss.gif Me   wild.gif  DW  ROTFLMAO.gifDS (10)

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

Old 09-02-2013, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friederike View Post

kbfs welcome to the board! TTC for a year and a half sounds very tough. How many tries did you have so far? Do you want to tell us some more about yourself, what you do and how you found your donor? Your TWW is almost over I guess. When are you testing?

This is only our seventh try, so it has been off and on for the last year and a half. We have taken several little breaks. This is our second try with a KD, who is a good friend of mine. I wrote a bit more about our experience picking/asking the donor on this post: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1388384/known-donor-questions-and-worries

As for testing, I guess I'm going to test in the morning! I had slight cramps today and was certain I was out, but now they've gone away. I'm back to having my hopes up a little! Although it gets harder each try I think. I really thought it would work the first attempt! 

I am 33, live with my amazing partner, and I work all the time. She'll be the one who will be able to stay home with the baby once it exists. 

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Old 09-02-2013, 06:08 AM

kbfs:wand good luck for tomorrow's testing!!!  my fx for you!!  Thanks for sharing a bit about your story.  We used a KD too.  What kind of insem do you do?

IVI with KD fresh swimmers, at home.  BFP on 5th try with current KD...m/c in wk 7candle.gif.   BFP on 2nd try (after mc)...m/c #2, wk 7 candle.gif

Old 09-02-2013, 12:43 PM

Happy Labour Day, lovely queer TTCers!

I'm celebrating the holiday with a little house cleaning, and think it's now time to pass on my stash of TTC tests... Who wants them? I'm offering 5 HCG strips (pregnancy tests; expire 05/2014) and 34 LH strips (ovulation predictors; most expire 06/2014, a couple expire 12/2013), all from OPKtests dot com, plus a Clearblue digital OPK with 5 remaining tests (of the original 7; expire 04/2014).

I'll send them anywhere, free of charge... I just want to see them used! Let me know.

:goodvibesBaby dust & FX to you alll!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
Old 09-02-2013, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
granite- how generous of you! I'll take them! We live in the same province anyhow smile.gif PM me and I'll send you my address!
Old 09-02-2013, 09:31 PM

Great, will do!

Queer and parenting kid #1, born November 2013 heartbeat.gif
Old 09-02-2013, 09:46 PM

Test was negative today. Now just waiting for my period to start. Hmph.

These first two tries (with 2 insems per try) with the kd we have just had him uh, 'deposit his sample' straight into an instead cup, then I carefully put the cup in me, making sure my cervix is sitting down in the stuff. However, one of the times this cycle I totally spilled it all over my hand as I was putting the cup in, so I'm thinking of trying other methods.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:24 AM - Thread Starter

jwaite yay for baby books. I did that too. They're currently hidden in my bedside drawer with the baby blanket I knit last december. Good luck for perfect results with the blood panel!

kbfs I am sorry about the BFN. Will you be trying again next month? I know nothing about insems with a KD but your spilled cup experience sounds horrors.gif I remember I saw an insemination cup with an adapter on a website once, where you first place it and then connect the syringe with the adapter to add the sperm. I neither know if that is an easier solution nor if it is available though.

AFM - IUI is done. My cervix was scratched for the first time and holy does that sting (and bleed). But we saw the fine line of sperm in my uterus and a big fat, ready to pop follie. I'll spend the rest of the day relaxing on the couch and visualizing good fertilization. My hopes are high for this month.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Jwaite: Wooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you!

Fried: Happy late Birthday to you and DP. Scratching the cervix sounds painful, just to think about. I've go high hopes for you this cycle as well. FX!

Kbfs: When is AF due? That insemination does sound tricky (I'm very clumsy) I've read that a lot of folks use some type of container and a small syringe. 

Agrex: Good luck this week. It was really hard for me to not test, but I think that was mostly because I had convinced myself that I was pregnant and wanted to know as early as possible. Not a good strategy haha. 

Jenny: I'm a little late, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am that this cycle didn't work and that you have to take a break. I hope you can find some peace and relaxation during the break. 

Hi to anyone else I missed. 

AFM: CD 13 here, waiting every so patiently for any sign of an LH surge. This three day weekend really messed up my schedule or something though. I forgot to pee on the stick for the fertility monitor this morning and forgot all my vitamins. I brought the monitor with me to work and can still test withing my testing window. I hope I didn't screw it up too bad, silly me. 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and our sweet little love born 6/19/14
Old 09-03-2013, 10:47 AM

Thanks, redrock!

I wish that I could report to you all that I'm taking this in stride, but I'm really struggling.  I had the earliest to arrive, quickest to leave AF ever -- just enough to flush everything out before it had a chance to nestle in.

There is so much out of my control right now and I'm freaking out about it.  I was concerned about the # of vials left of my chosen donor.  I'm sure you can all appreciate the grueling task that is selecting a donor.  It took weeks to narrow it down to 3!  Well, I emailed TSBCA and the donor only has 10 vials left in general inventory and that's it.  He is no longer actively donating.  There is a reserve of 18 vials, but those are for sibs only.  GAH!!!  The earliest that I can hope to buy more vials is January 1 when my FSA funds renew. (Unless my mom decides to give me some money, but that's not likely.)

I'm not looking for attention or sympathy (or even cheering), so please don't take it that way.  I'm just venting and being honest.  I'm a real p!ss ball right now, I'm sorry!  DP is relieved for the forced break in a way -- it has been quite the upheaval of hormones around these here parts.  I suspect that is why I'm having such a hard time getting my equilibrium back.

Anyway, I'll be around cheering you on and hoping for lots more BFP's!

Me36), PCOS -  IUI#1 post HSG w/50mg clomid & trigger 7/25/12: BFN  & med break for cyst IUI#2  9-9-12 BFN IUI#3 10-2013 BFN  IUI#4  2-18-13 same meds, new donor BFN, IUI#5 6/1/13 100mg clomid trigger, BFN,  IUI#6 TBD 8-2013 GONAL-F and trigger blogging.jpgdog2.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Old 09-03-2013, 10:48 AM

FRIEDERIKE GOOD LUCK!!!! I hope this is finally it for you!  <3

Old 09-03-2013, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
good luck and fx for you fried!- glad your insem went well. I know how it feels to scratch a cervix! Angry angry cervix!

jenny- I too have anxiety about running out of available donor vials. The Canadian bank ran out of our top donor a few months ago, so we chose a new one.

redrock- hope LH surges for you soon!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:15 PM

granite - that's very generous of you & happy labour day

kbfs - really sorry to hear that. I've never used a KD or an instead cup but it all sounds pretty tricky!

fried - ow, I've heard about that and it sounds painful just reading about it. I really, really hope you have the same birthday luck I had, what a present that would be! :Hug fertilise, eggies, fertilise!!!

redrock that all sounds a bit stressful, I hope it works out ok for you.

Jenn- sorry to hear about things & always good to have a bit of a dump of stresses.The hormones make it so much harder to deal with everything, especially if you can't talk to people in your life about it. Feel free to vent here any time you want and big hugs xx:Hug

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

Old 09-03-2013, 02:15 PM

granite - that's very generous of you & happy labour day

kbfs - really sorry to hear that. I've never used a KD or an instead cup but it all sounds pretty tricky!

fried - ow, I've heard about that and it sounds painful just reading about it. I really, really hope you have the same birthday luck I had, what a present that would be! :Hug fertilise, eggies, fertilise!!!

redrock that all sounds a bit stressful, I hope it works out ok for you.

Jenn- sorry to hear about things & always good to have a bit of a dump of stresses.The hormones make it so much harder to deal with everything, especially if you can't talk to people in your life about it. Feel free to vent here any time you want and big hugs xx:Hug

Old 09-03-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrockband View Post

Kbfs: When is AF due? That insemination does sound tricky (I'm very clumsy) I've read that a lot of folks use some type of container and a small syringe. 

AF was due today and arrived right on time. So now I'm at work consoling myself with an iced coffee. The bright side is that I'm going to Vegas this weekend for a friend's wedding and now I'll be able to drink! Then onto try number eight.

When we were using frozen sperm we used a syringe, but haven't tried that with the fresh yet. Maybe I'll switch it up this next attempt and see how it works.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:54 PM

So sorry, kbfs.   But yay for coffee and shenanigans at the wedding in vegas!

Old 09-03-2013, 06:29 PM

kbfs, mye DP and I are using a KD for the first time as well. We did our first insem last month and used a speculum, and a 5cc syringe and it was rather easy (KD was depositing directly into the syringe so all we had to do was insem...thank goodness). I was thinking about trying the instead cup method, but I'm kinda clumsy lol.

AFM, well, this cycle was like a bad hand of blackjack....A BUST. KD went out out town friday and didn't come back until today...I got mye first positive opk (smiley face) on 31august and am pretty sure I missed mye window. DP asked if I wanted to insem today, but I don't really see the point. Mye O day is usually CD 18 and today is 20 for meeh. I just don't think mye eggie is there anymore..but what do I know about timing, right? Guess I'm still waiting to O again. *semi pouting*..I hate when things don't go mye way. And on a lighter note, I'm pretty sure I O'd without the clomid this cycle. Yay ovaries, I'm so proud of the pair of you! Back to the endless cycle of waiting again!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

Old 09-03-2013, 06:37 PM

Fried, ouch for your cervix! :Hug I am hopeful for you too, tho'!  How awesome that you have a follie ready to burst, and you got to see the line of swimmers heading its way!  Whoo Hoo  :blowkiss  I have everything crossed that this is it for you!!!  What baby books did you get to start off?  And what color is your blanket?  DW is looking at color schemes ~ most involving pink :)  Made my appt with my regular doc today but couldn't get in til the 18th of this month.  I put a call into our midwifery practice, as well, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Kbfs, so sorry about the bfn.  The instead cup sounds like a great idea, but I can imagine it is tricky not to spill.  We used a KD at home and used a syringe...slowly...so the sperm pooled at the cervix.  Then an o and propped up hips for as long as I could...this last time we insemm'ed at night and I only got up to use to loo, then laid back down for the night.  The gadget that Fried was talking about sounds cool!  Hugs to you.  I know it's not easy to get that neg test when we have our sights set on one outcome.  Have an iced coffee for me, too, pls?!:)  And totally enjoy yourself in Vegas!  Whoo hoo!!

Redrock, looking forward to that LH surge for you!  Hope the timing works perfectly<3

Jenny, BIG HUGS to you :grouphug!  I am glad you are sharing your frustrations and emotions here...this process is no joke for us.  It's hard feeling the pressure of purchasing just the right sperm at just the right time, etc. etc.  And I am sure the hormones don't help.  So so sorry that your donor is running low...Does your Mom know you are ttc?  Maybe she'd be willing to float you a loan so that you could ease your mind by getting more vials of the donor you've chosen?  It is definitely a process trying to figure out a donor.   Hang in there.  I am sending you lots of love and hoping that the fall/winter will distract you!

afm, testing every morning as still getting a bfp.  Just hoping for a sticky embryo.   :1praying    As I mentioned about, I can't get into my primary care physician til Sept 18th so I am hoping to get into see the midwives before that.  I expect that they will call me back tomorrow.  Until then, I guess I will continue to test until they run out (I have several internet cheapies still).  I am still feeling a bit of dull cramping...which doesn't really feel like cramping per se.   It's more like a tight stretching every now and again.  I have felt a bit nauseous today at meal times.  And when I got hungry, I felt like I needed to eat RIGHT THEN.  Lol!  It's very hard not to be wide open excited.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Oh Jenny those first days are especially hard. I had some AFs when I was struggling a lot as well, like breaking down crying from anger and frustration, especially when I met pregnant people or somebody gave thoughtless und useless unwanted advice. It is just so unfair if the body doesn't do what we want even when we're doing everything right. I know it never really goes away, but I hope it gets a bit better for you soon and that you find a solution to the donor issue. hug.gif

kbfs I am sorry you're out too. But Vegas must be great, I hope you have fun and can enjoy the trip.

fmorris I was wondering what was up with you. That sucks that you didn't get to insem this month. All the different paths have some disadvantages, either the doctors office is closed and outragous costs or absent KDs who make you miss your O date. Grggh. But good for Oing without the Clomid. Will you use it again though for the next cycle?

jwaite so your wife is looking forward to a girl? My blanket is dark and light blue, turqoise and yellow yarn. The baby books I first got were this (which is the go-to-book for natural pregnancy over here), the classic what to expect and one that isn't available in English about how evolution shaped babies' and children's behavior and typical habits, plus I got a pregnancy journal. It is a very good sign that you're still getting positives every day. Cramping is okay as long as it isn't accompanied by bleeding, it is just the baby snugling into your nice soft lining right now. Stick baby stick.

Thank you all for the crossed fingers. I think I felt O pain at about 9pm which would be 8:30hrs after the IUI. Hopefully none of the supersperm (had the highest motility count this time) came back out with the bleeding so fx it was right where the egg was. We'll know about 10days beore our wedding.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:48 PM

Jwaite, how terribly exciting!  I like Fried's image of baby snuggling into lining :)

Fmorris, sorry about this cycle but yay ovulating on your own!  i've had really irregular periods from pcos for the last several years, and everytime i ovulate i get really proud of myself :)  silly, i know.

Jenny, you are my hero right now.  you are just such a great example of bouncing back, positive outlook, all the good stuff!  i remember hearing about people (including my aunt and our neighbors and others we were close to) when i was younger who took awhile to conceive, but ever since their LOs came (and are now in college!) it became easy to forget that it took a bit of perserverance to get them here.  i now have a better understanding of the resilience that must have taken, and i admire it so much.  

afm, lady is done with this O, and we are now waiting for AF so our 2nd official cycle can get underway!  after taking our first bfn rather hard, we have now recovered our positive outlooks and are just convinced that it's Going to Happen, it's just a matter or when!  and, honestly, the timing for this cycle would be much better for me, workwise, than if we had gotten preggers on our first try.  

i just got a job substituting for an upper-level class at a gorgeous private college in town (the professor had a car accident!  but she is recovering) so i've been very busy with that (i start teaching tomorrow, which is 3 weeks earlier than my regular teaching job at my graduate uni), plus we just got back from lady's family reunion.  she had never gone to one before, but we both had a surprisingly great time.  we weren't sure how they would respond to us as a couple, but despite being devout mormons and christians (about a 50/50 split), they never said anything weird to us.  except when her uncle accused us of being "intimidated by men."  that part was gross.  but the cousins, who are all our ages, were very friendly and their kids were adorable, and they were all very encouraging about the idea of us having our own kids.

i definitely had a moment in the pool playing ring around the rosy with several adorable 2 and 3 year old girls when i just felt a glimpse of what it would be like to be a mommy.  it was such a glorious moment for me.  i'm going to hang onto that, because it keeps me motivated.  just like being part of this new department (even temporarily) keeps me motivated to finish my grad program and get a job, remembering how sweet the end result of the hard work of ttc will be keeps me energized to get through this process successfully.  we can do this!

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Jwaite—Yay! Congratulations! Glad things are starting to feel more real!

Agrex—how is the wait going? The second week is the hardest, for sure! And ‘being on antibiotics’ is always my stock excuse.

Kbfs—sorry about the negative.

Fried—ouch! That sounds painful! But glad to hear that otherwise things looked good. Fingers crossed for you! Are you all set for the wedding, or are there still last-minute things to get together?

Redrock—did you ever get the surge?

Jenny—I’m so sorry that your cycle was all weird. It’s got to be extra frustrating on top of the sadness with getting a BFN to have it be early and short. And I’m sorry about the donor issues, too. Are you tied to your bank for some reason? Maybe some of the others might have more options in case the one you are using now runs out?

Fmorris—oh, that sucks! You sound pretty ok about it, though, which is good. Having sat out this cycle, I can say that it was pretty nice sometimes to be able to just relax and not have to wonder if I was preggo, but it still sucks to have to take a break when you don’t want one.

Sandie—yeah, gross. Glad everyone else was nice and encouraging. I remember being shocked (in a good way) when one of DP’s cousins got all excited about the possibility of induced lactation for us. I don’t think her husband was much help with the kids, or something, because she seemed to think it would be AWESOME for both parents to be able to nurse. Ha! Hurray for a fun new job, though, even if the circumstances of getting it aren’t great for the other professor.

AFM—expecting CD1 tomorrow or the next. Getting excited to get things going!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:55 PM

Hi!  So, we decided she can start with the tests tomorrow.  So, we'll see.  The second week was DEFINITELY harder than the first.  Work didn't help this week.  I thought maybe the release of the new Nine Inch Nails album this week would help get my attention else where (they're my FAVORITE band).  But it didn't.  It just became a wonderful soundtrack for this intense week.  So, we're still hanging in there.  For the most part anyhow.  She's been waking up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.  It doesn't usually bother me, although it's been happening way more frequently recently.  Last night, however, I decided to lose my mind and think it was just about time to get up.  And then I thought that it was Thursday so I thought she was going to test.  She wasn't.  So then I guess I decided to lay there and think for a while.  It was lovely. I paid dearly at work today.  I imagine at this point I'll feel better knowing one way or another.  We'll either know it worked, or we have to prep for another round and enjoy beer and video game night this weekend.  We're trying to think positive and stay relaxed about the result either way.  So, we'll see.

Thanks for the tip prettyisa and I hope all is well with everyone else.

Good luck fried!!!

Old 09-05-2013, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Sandie what you wrote about remembering the wonderful end result of this process really struck a chord with me, thank you for reminding me to stay motivated. During the last tries I often felt kinda weary, but it is such a great thing we're trying to do. We shouldn't loose sight of that.
Congrats on the teaching job. There's quite a lot of academia folks on this board (you, Lizbian, Mama, me, anybody else?).
What is your class about? Will you stick to the other professors class schedule or invent your own? When I have to substitute for the chair of my department in his lectures and classes when he is travelling I find it much harder to work with somebody elses materials than develop my own. When you say you're in a grad program, does that mean you're doing a masters degree or working towards a PhD? The American college system always leaves me a bit confused, even though I spent a year there.

prettyisa great xou're getting started, shall I move you to the waiting to O category?
We're still preparing bits for the wedding, right now we're getting the little gifts for the guests ready (cream candy, Belgium chocolate hearts, a tiny vial of flower seeds to plant, a personal calligraphed thank-you note and a puzzle piece that we ask them to paint and give back to us). Later today I'll hit Ikea to buy champagne flutes, and hopefully nothing else. I usually can't resist getting tons of cutesy things there (throw pillows, sewing fabric, potted plants, scented candles, new pots and pans, oh my...).

agrex frequent night- and daytime peeing was a pregnancy sign for me, just saying. What kind of tests are you using? Good luck to you and DP!

Old 09-05-2013, 05:06 AM

Thanks Fried, you too!  Your comment about wedding prep reminded me of ours about a year and a half ago.  I always get a big smile whenever I think about our wedding.  It was a really, really good day.  Enjoy all of the crazy prepwork and whatnot leading up to it.  It'll be over before you know it.  I remember not really knowing what to do with myself for a little while after the wedding because there was no more planning to do.  And we are using ClearBlue digital that we picked up in a store.

So, as it turns out, DW's cycle has been fluctuating quite a bit in recent months.  The last 2 cycles were 25 days and 33 days.  SO, AF is due any time between now and Monday.  I think the theme we have going on is we'll see.

We tested for the first time this morning.  BFN. So all we can do it keep waiting and testing?  We technically might be early.  This hope thing is exhausting, seriously.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Agrex--that's got to be totally frustrating. If nothing else, I am glad that my stupid period shows up just like clockwork so at least I know when I'm going to see it every month (and I do mean EVERY month. -sigh-) It's still early for you, though, so still hoping that your BFN will turn into a BFP!

Fried--Can you actually put me in a new Working on IVF category, please? If things go according to plan I won't actually be ovulating again until baby #2 is here! All of that wedding stuff sounds both fun and exhausting! I love the idea of a personalized puzzle from your guests! A friend of mine had us all unroll a skein of yarn at her son's welcoming ceremony and then knit it into a blanket for him, so he can know how many people were there to support his family.

AFM--right on schedule! The whole family is going in tomorrow morning for bloodwork (well, not E, she's just coming along for the ride) since they have apparently added a new rule at my RE's office that all partners have to have STD testing before starting treatment just to make sure nothing bad is going on. Vaguely annoying, but at least they aren't making DP do a full fertility workup or anything. It's nice to be working with them again, the nurses all remember us and are so friendly. Not what I expected when we started going to a big fertility factory, but it makes it much more pleasant to be going through all of the procedures!

She's here!
And so are the boys!

Tags
Trying To Conceive , Lgbtq
User Tag List