Queer Conceptions October - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 142 Old 10-16-2013, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

fille - welcome back! I'll move you shortly and will also cross my fingers for you!

redrock, did you insem yet? 

Prettyisa - did you trigger yet?

Pookafaye - glad you were able to get in so many insems! I hope this is it for you!

How is everyone else doing?

I have a progesterone question for people who have taken it more than me (this is only my third time ever): Have any of you had serious emotional side effects from it? I had pretty bad physical side effects the first two times I was on it, which is why we switched from oral to suppositories, but I have basically had a complete emotional breakdown today. It is like the worst version of PMS I've ever had. It is only CD22 (8 dpo), so even if my cycle is 25 days (the shortest it has ever been), my emotions don't usually kick up until the day of or maybe the day before af. And even so, this is extreme. I've only been on progesterone for 5 days. Thoughts? Wisdom? Advice? Hey, did you hear that the US government is going to reopen? That's exciting!

me (34) and dp (38). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! ****5****10****15****20****25*** 30****35****40
#62 of 142 Old 10-16-2013, 09:59 PM

Hi all! I've been quiet since August, but reading along on my phone where I find it very hard to type posts, but I wanted to jump in to respond to Lea about progesterone and give you a big virtual hug.

Here's my quick story: For our first kid, my wife's levels were fine post IUI and she didn't need it. We started trying in August for a second kid and the RE put her on progesterone after our first try in august because her levels were slight low post IUI. They gave her the Crinone brand of vaginal suppositories and it was a nightmare. Just like you described, she had complete emotional breakdowns and felt completely out of control of her emotions. She is fairly even keeled usually but at one point she got so angry and upset she was literally screaming at me and crying. We've been together over 14 years and I have never seen her in such a state. The try was unsuccessful and she took it very hard mostly because she never ever wanted to be on progesterone again. We tried again in early Sept and she told the nurse about her reaction to the Crinone so they gave her a script for Prometrium suppositories. We got our bfp and she's been on them for 8 weeks now and while she has been extra emotional and anxious, it is nowhere even close to what she experienced last time. We saw baby's heartbeat this week at 8 weeks and the RE has given her the go ahead to transition off the Prometrium based on her bloodwork and she is quite relieved. So I just wanted to offer support, let you know you are not alone and give you a heads up that you can react to different brands differently. Good luck!

To everyone else- can't really type personal messages on the phone, but Even though I've been quiet, I have been reading along, cheering you all on and sending lots of good vibes your way. Hoping for lots and lots of bfps in the coming weeks!

Me: 33, DP: 32 belly.gif, together 11 years, 2 crazy dogs and hopefully a little one arriving in November.  stork-suprise.gif

Update --  It's a GIRL!!   Can't wait to meet her!

#63 of 142 Old 10-17-2013, 12:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lea, I have used it since december last year, even in some months were we took a break to move AF to a more convenient time and I never experienced what you're writing. I think that sounds severe enought to talk about with your doctor. Maybe the dosage is too high? (Or perhaps it's early pregnancy hormones. One could hope, right?) For me progesterone mostly gives me a super-nose that makes me hate my all of my wifes deoderants and perfumes, I am also more tired and tend to have food cravings. There is no diffence between taking it orally or vaginally either, just the mess that comes with the latter.

#64 of 142 Old 10-17-2013, 08:02 PM

Hi all! I've been around, skimming the forum every couple of days. Sorry I haven't been commenting much. I'm swamped with work, and there's not a whole lot going on for us right now. I have an endocrinologist appt in November, and she will likely run some more tests to investigate the elevated cortisol and prolactin levels. But until then, everything is on hold greensad.gif We are frustrated with it, but work is so busy for both of us right now that it's kind of a blessing not to have to deal with baby-making IVF-style. Funny, I've recently discovered that 2 other women in my department are also going to the same RE lol. One woman gets pregnant every try, but consistently miscarries at 8 weeks. So far, she has been pregnant 5 times this year. I can't even imagine the heartache....

fried- thank you for thinking of me. I'm so excited for your IVF!! I think this is the one for you. Can't wait to pick your brain about the process once we're back on it.

isa- also super excited for you! Good luck with your retrieval and I am sending warm healthy vibes to your eggs to fertilize and replicate cells!

Good luck to everyone on their TWW and waiting to O's!
#65 of 142 Old 10-18-2013, 12:31 AM

Ack! You guys are scaring me with the progesterone horror stories. My LP has been ranging from a ridiculously short 7-9 days since I started tracking again so I HAVE to do something about it. Otherwise all of these well-timed insems were for naught, right? Still, given my bad history with birth control pills, I should probably brace myself. Time I warn DW too!

Fille - welcome back to the board! My KD is a close friend too - it seems that both you and I are incredibly lucky in that regard. I'm glad you have the flexibility this month to visit but sorry to hear that Nov/Dec will be out. I'll keep my fingers crossed especially tight for you this month!

#66 of 142 Old 10-18-2013, 05:28 AM

Hi ladies,

thought I'd quickly drop in re the Progesterone. I took it for 12 weeks from the date of my IVF transfer. It caused me extreme tiredness & bloating but I was surprisingly less hormonal on it than I had been before! It is particularly disgusting and I was so glad to get off it at the end, especially as I ended up with lots more energy. If you do have extreme reactions though definitely get them checked out.

Not much to report here. My amazing Aunty who is a nun has been nominated for Australian of the year - what an achievement! I have also got a cold which I am annoyed about, and trying to stop it going to my chest which is where it normally ends up.

Lots of love and fairy dust, hoping the IVF cycles mean more BFPs!

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

Second IVF successful, he's here!!!!

DS born 12/4/2012, weight 6lb11 babyboy.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#67 of 142 Old 10-18-2013, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the progesterone input, folks 

I'm doing much better now and I think on Wednesday there were just too many upsetting things happening for my apparently unstable hormones to handle. It is also making me sleepy and bloated and it is frustrating to know that any symptoms I might be experiences are easily attributed to the medication. I'm still wary of the progesterone, but I'm going to stick it out through the weekend and see if a pattern persists before talking to my doctor. And hopefully by Monday I'll know whether or not I'm pregnant, although that might still be a little early. If I am, I'll probably have to stay on it for another 6 weeks or so. If not, at least I can take a break from it for a couple weeks.

Hope everyone has a good Friday!

me (34) and dp (38). After 18 months of IVI with a KD and 2 losses excitedly awaiting the arrival of a baby in October 2014! ****5****10****15****20****25*** 30****35****40
#68 of 142 Old 10-18-2013, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Fille--welcome back! I wish I had any free time this weekend to meet up--I'd love to meet you in person! Unfortunately with all of the IVF stuff and catching up with work it doesn't look like it would be possible. greensad.gif I hope you have fun while you're here, and get knocked up, too!

Dawn--congrats on the pregnancy! Glad to hear that things are going well and that your DP can stop the progesterone!

AFM--retrieval was yesterday--they got 13 eggs, of which 7 were fertilized and still going this morning. I can't decide whether I'm excited about that number or sad. My DP is being really positive about it, which is helping, but I can't help thinking that half were no good right off the bat, so how likely are the rest to make it to day 5? Doesn't help that it's day 1 of progesterone, either, with attendant moodiness, discomfort, etc, as everyone else mentioned. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better about things. The transfer will either be Sunday or Tuesday.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#69 of 142 Old 10-18-2013, 04:38 PM

prettyisa, that sounds like so many eggs right now!  keep us posted on the numbers, but i would urge you to feel really good about how many chances that gives you :)  we have only just started learning about ivf, but from what we've been told, that number sounds really solid, so take that for what it's worth.

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
#70 of 142 Old 10-20-2013, 06:06 AM

prettyisa - that's exactly the same number I had. 13 retrieved, 7 fertilised. By day 5 only had 2 left but they were two good ones and ended up in a BFP! All you need is one good one, and if it can last until day 5 you'll increase your odds massively. Good luck!

Liz (40) 'wife' to Abby (33). together 2001, 'Married' 2004. Fur babies Harvey, Bailey & Evie dog2.gif  & Churchill  cat.gif

IVF 31st July 2013 12 eggs retrieved, 2 morula (nearly blasts) transferred 5th August,...

#71 of 142 Old 10-20-2013, 06:15 AM

Thanks, Liz! That's reassuring. I think I'm bummed because last time we had more and it still only turned into 2 decent ones, but you're right--we only needed the one that took!

As of yesterday morning all 7 were still growing, so we've been assigned to a 5 day transfer on Tuesday sometime. I won't get an update today, which is going to be tough, but tomorrow when they tell me what time to get there I'll hear how they're doing again. Honestly, I think it's mostly feeling sorry for myself having to take all the pills and thinking about doing all those shots again, especially since I got my flu shot on Friday and my arm is so sore! I'm just a big whiner when I don't feel well.

Yesterday DP brought E to work for story time and she met some of my coworkers. One was so excited to see her that he told us his wife is pregnant, possibly with twins. He later came up and asked me to keep it quiet because it's really early and they've had a history of losses, which is so sad. I was excited to think that there might be a mini baby boom around July, though! smile.gif

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#72 of 142 Old 10-20-2013, 06:24 AM

I didn't hear anything between day 2 & day 5 which killed me! Was a bit gutted we only ended up with but then when we were thinking about the fact that they were the best two we were much happier. Also when if we'd insemmed at day 2/3, 5 of them wouldn't have made it so we decided the better odds were worth having fewer blasts. I hear you on the meds. I felt awful after my aspiration & was feeling very sorry for myself.

That'd be great about a baby boom, FX it is! I'm now up to 10 p=eople I know due within 8 weeks so it's all going to be a bit babified next year

#73 of 142 Old 10-20-2013, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Feeling a bit bummed - got a bfn today. I'm 12 dpo and should have waited to test, but couldn't resist. I'm going to wait for a couple days to see if af arrives before testing again (in a typical cycle af will arrive tomorrow, but who knows with the progesterone, etc.) I'm trying to maintain some hope, but...we'll see.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Looking forward to some good news on here.

#74 of 142 Old 10-20-2013, 05:13 PM

Pretty-Thanks for the update on the IFV.  Its wonderful to hear people's experiences and I have my fingers crossed for you!

This month was a no go for us.  DW seems to have ovulated early, while at a wedding from Hell and it didn't seem wise to try and insem 50 hours after ovulation.  Maybe November will be our lucky month. 

Can I ask for advice to those of you doing insems.  I feel like I'm getting nothing but conflicting info from the internet and books. Do you all try to inseminate before your OPK is positive or after?  I had always heard to try and do it 8-12 hours after a positive OPK and then another 12 hours later.  But I was reading the Maia lesbian pregnancy book and they claimed that people tried inseminating too late and that you should insem just before your OPK turns positive (assuming you can anticipate this) and before your temp spike.  Any anecdotes?  I know it depends on the person, but any advice would be welcome!

#75 of 142 Old 10-20-2013, 05:14 PM

Awww, Lea. This process is really frustrating sometimes. hCG is still increasing fast at this point though so I think it's good that you want to wait a while. I'm still rooting for you! 

AFM - I swear that something's going on in there - LOL. I'm only 5DPO and it's very possible that everything I'm experiencing is just a result of the progesterone, especially sicne it's my first go around with that so I'm not familiar with how it affects me. I'm not sure when to expect AF either. But anything longer than 8 days will mean it's working, even if we don't get our BFP this month. I really really want it to be this month though since next cycle would give me less than 2 weeks with the baby before school starts up again. *cross fingers*

#76 of 142 Old 10-20-2013, 07:06 PM

Lea--that sucks. greensad.gif Hopefully tomorrow things will become clear either way.

Pook--ooo--exciting to have some early symptoms! Fingers crossed!

Better--I think it depends a lot on whether you're using fresh or frozen. Those numbers are way off for frozen--you get the positive OPK and then want to do the insems after, but from the numbers I think most people use even 12 hours is a little short. I feel like 12-48 after is usual, depending on who you talk to. If you're using a KD the sperm can live a lot longer--days in some cases (frozen only get about 12 hours once they defrost), so getting some up there early isn't such a bad idea, especially if you can follow up with another insem afterwards.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#77 of 142 Old 10-21-2013, 10:37 AM

pookafaye: It sounds like you got the fertile window covered. How's the TWW so far? Thus far I have been really busy so it's been easy and flying by. 

file: It's good to see you around again. I hope this in person fresh cycle works out for you. How weird about the shingles. Is everything going okay with it so far?

lea: So sorry about the BFN. I am hoping it was too early. 

mama: That sounds really frustrating. I'm sorry that you and DP are having to deal with this. Hoping you get some answers soon.

isa: That does sound like a lot of eggs, and great that all 7 were still growing. Good luck with the transfer tomorrow

better: That is a bummer, but you all made a wise decision. We insemmed way to early last month. We should have just skipped it, but we apparently like to learn things the hard and expensive way ;) Oh and on OPK's we insemmed 12 hours after the positive OPK. I think some of it depends on each woman though. I seem to ovulate pretty quickly after a positive, while I've heard some women take 36-48 hours. 

AFM: We insemmed last Wednesday (well technically Thursday since it was about 1 am) We went to a crazy concert with our friend and did it as soon as we got home. I had a temp rise the next morning. Today I'm either 4 or 5 DPO depending on who I ask. I've luckily been really busy so I haven't had time to overanalyze anything yet. Our friend left yesterday so now I have to find other distractions, like work! There is so much to do but I am so not motivated to do it. 

Me (31) DW (28) 2 puppies and a baby on the way

****5****10****15****20****25***stork-boy.gif30****35****40

#78 of 142 Old 10-21-2013, 11:34 AM

Just popping in to wish prettyisa a good transfer with perfect blasts tommorrow. I was really happy for you to hear that all 7 embies were still growing.

#79 of 142 Old 10-21-2013, 12:45 PM

Hey everyone! I'm on my phone so I will try my best with personals...

Isa: how exciting to have 7!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Redrock: hopefully you can find other things to keep you busy these next few days. I thought the first week was a breeze and then the second week was unbelievable hard not to POAS smile.gif

Pookafaye: FX that AF stays away!!!

Better: I have only had one IUI and it was natural with frozen swimmers. I had my IUI just over 24hrs after I got a positive OPK on my second MU... I did have a BFP on that cycle but it unfortunately ended in an early MC. I am sure everyone's body is different though.

Lea - hopefully it's just too soon, fx for you!

Liz- so glad to hear things are going well for you!!!

Sorry if I missed anyone!

AFM- AF showed up today, earlier than I anticipated but I really wasn't sure what to expect coming off of the MC. DP and I decided were going to give it a try next month so were going to order up some swimmers and start doing OPKs in a couple weeks. I'm both excited nervous and scared to try again but all I do is put one foot in front of the other and hope for the best!

My amazing wife (28) and I (26) TTC our first child via IUI w/ anonymous frozen sperm IUI #1 July 2013 = Early MCIUI #2 January 2014 = BFNIUI #3 in February 2014 = BFP!!! ****5****10****15***20****25****3 0****35****40
#80 of 142 Old 10-21-2013, 07:30 PM

Just popping in to say good luck to everyone and I'll be thinking of your tomorrow Isa!

Me: 33, DP: 32 belly.gif, together 11 years, 2 crazy dogs and hopefully a little one arriving in November.  stork-suprise.gif

Update --  It's a GIRL!!   Can't wait to meet her!

#81 of 142 Old 10-21-2013, 10:23 PM

prettyisa, good luck!!! fx for you!

redrock, thinking of you...the waiting is the hardest, but i am glad you've had some distractions.  just keep finding them!

jam, i'm so glad to hear you're trying again.  i can imagine that it's scary, but we're all here for you.  

afm, we went to the RE today on CD11, and lady had 3 17mm follicles and one 14mm, but she had a cyst at the start of the cycle, so we're betting only 3 of those are real.  tomorrow we trigger for a thursday midday insemination.  we're excited but life is so distracting right now (crazy amount of grading, job applications, our dog just started eating cat litter and it's making us question everything we knew about him, etc. etc. etc.) that i haven't yet emotionally engaged in this cycle.

i'm sure the TWW will be an anxious one, since money is now gone from my account for real.  i hate that.  i had saved for a baby, not for trying to have a baby, so now if we do get pregnant, we can't afford any STUFF.  i know we don't need a lot, but....i still wanted a cushion of some kind.  lady is paying for the next cycle out of the money we get back now that we're legally married but were being taxed on healthcare as domestic partners.  cycles 5 & 6 who knows, and the copays and meds for an IVF cycle will have to be a loan or cashing out a 401k.  angst.  other than that, i'm happy to be doing back to back cycles, because as soon as we get a BFN, the next cycle is already offering its own glimmer of hope!  

good luck to everyone insemming or twwing!

partners.gif me (30), wifey (35, will carry), three IUIs with FDS, all BFNs, 4th IUI w/ clomid, trigger, and progesterone: BFP, m/c at 9.5 weeks, d&c.  5th IUI BFN.
#82 of 142 Old 10-21-2013, 10:31 PM

Isa - Clearly, we are all rooting for you! It's so exciting that all 7 were still going. I've been checking in all day hoping for an update - LOL. IVF has such great success rates that I'm living vicariously through what I hope will be your big month! Since I'don't know when you're headed in I'll just keep you in my thoughts all day tomorrow. Here's hoping we're all part of a big summer baby boom! 

dust.gif 

Redrock - Wow, our schedules were incredibly close this month weren't they? The sun has just set on 6 DPO and I'm already going crazy. I'm really glad your TWW has been flying by. 

Jam - I'm so glad you guys will be trying again. I understand how emotional it is too, but I know that nothing will heal your heart faster than a sweet baby in your arms sooner than later. I'll keep my FX for you!

AFM - the symptoms keep piling up and it is driving me out of my head given how early in the TWW I am. I've had bloating, back pain and mild cramps for a few days. Today we added nausea to the mix and I was tired enough to go back to bed after getting the kids ready and sending them to school with DW. I desperately wish I could test sooner than next week. AF could show up as early as Wednesday, given my historically low LP - but I'm expecting the progesterone, vitamin and herbs to push it out until next week. fingersx.gif  I've agreed with DW to wait until 12 DPO (Sunday). She is inclined to write off all of my symptoms whereas I want to be excited about them. I know that she just doesn't want to set herself up for disappointment, but I want to be excited and positive about things and wish she could experience that with me. Who else do I tell but you guys?

#83 of 142 Old 10-21-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegongp View Post
 (crazy amount of grading, job applications, our dog just started eating cat litter and it's making us question everything we knew about him, etc. etc. etc.) 

AHAHAHAHAHA! I nearly died laughing!

I love your positive attitude about TTC too!  We went through the frustration of spending all of our money when we were first trying. It was really frustrating for me. By the time we adopted S we had a chance to bounce back though and the bright spot is that you'll have several months of pregnancy to bounce back too. Don't forget baby showers, too. My inlaws were so overjoyed to finally be GPs that they bought several of the big things from our registry. I recently got introduced to mommy swap boards on FB and always find great deals there. Plus there are some awesome consignment sales that are especially great for the first year, when the kid is in a new size every time you blink! It looks like JBF does a sale in your area: http://www.sandiego.jbfsale.com/  They only do them twice a year, but the Spring sale should be fine if you're looking at a summer baby. Here's hoping!

#84 of 142 Old 10-22-2013, 03:15 AM

Bettertomarry- the cycle we got pregnant we did our first frozen insem (at home ICI) just two hours after the first positive OPK, and our second insem 24 hours later. Waiting 12 hours for the first insem just didn't seem to make since to me because the Maia book also said 1. Most women ovulate at night, and my OPK came in the evening, so why wait until morning to insem, and 2. All my other signs were lining up - good ewcm, etc. So I would suggest using the OPK in the context of other information if you can. Good luck!

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#85 of 142 Old 10-22-2013, 04:02 AM

lea I am sorry to hear you got a negative. I'll keep my fingers crossed with the others, that it just might have been to early.

redrock how cool you insemmed directly after a concert. That egg got really good vibes. Good luck for the TWW.

jam good to hear you're trying again. I feel like the activity really helps to move on. I admit, I did have a really hard time with the BNF right after the mc cycle because I felt like I deserved getting preggo again right away, but overall it was good to be back in the saddle. I feel like that with how you got pregnant on the first time last try, you have great chances for a little one soon. All the best to you.

sandiegongp your dog must get crazy with all the nerves and hormones floating around in your home. I hope he stops soon, it can really hurt the little guy. Was your RE nice this time? Or is it a new clinic (I am not sure I remember if you switched). The number of follies is impressive for sure. I'll cross my fingers they take. Well maybe not all three of them, unless you would love triplets, if course.
I hear you on the money troubles. We won't have any cushion left after this, if we get pregnant. And if we don't, we probably won't qualify for adoption anymore because we will be broke. I am not sure at this point how far I would be willing to go into debt. Perhaps I should be looking into getting a second job? One step at a time.

afmSo I had my final RE consultation today. Turns out that my AMH is currently at a whooping 0,24 which I guess makes me almost menopausal at 34 years old. I can't tell you my feelings at hearing this. Argh. So no need to worry about OHSS at all. Now we need to wait for AF and then I can start shooting up my 4! vials of Menopur a day. There really is an exclamation mark after the number 4 on my prescription. We also probably won't have a choice regarding IVF vs. the costlier ICSI, as my doc expects me to get a low amount of eggs, which of course we would fertilize by injection.

Anyway, greetings from Berlin everybody, I am currently writing from a Starbucks' free wifi at Checkpoint Charly, which totally signifies the victory of the western system *lol*

Isa I am thinking of you!!!

#86 of 142 Old 10-22-2013, 12:36 PM

lea sorry to hear that, any further update?

better - we insemmed just before when we thought O was, and then just after to try to cover the largest window. I guess it depends on how many times you can insem & whether you use fresh/frozen as fresh lasts longer. It does take a while for the swimmers to get to the 'start line', and for the Egg to get where it needs to x

sandie good luck on the follies! Dogs LOVE cat litter, or cat poo anyway so it's nothing abnormal. My perfectly sane dogs go crazy over it (and nappies so I'm going to have to be careful!!!!)

pook - good luck, it's hard waiting!

Isa - good luck!!!

Fried - I'm really sorry to hear that but glad you're at the IVF stage and didn't decide to wait another couple of years. I really have everything X'd for you this time.

In good news - the Australian Capital Territory (where I'm from) has passed a gay marriage bill. The government have already brought about an objection which will go to the high court but hopefully it will be passed in at least one state of Australia after they turned it down last year. The funniest thing is that the prime minister (just voted in) strongly objects to gay marriage, yet his sister has just announced her engagement to her long term lesbian lover. Heee heee. Love it!

Good luck to everyone insemming this week x

#87 of 142 Old 10-22-2013, 02:54 PM

redrock--hopefully you'll find something good to distract you!

Jam--I'm glad you don't have to wait longer than you wanted to try again. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing this time!

Sandie--isn't it awful when you have to totally reconsider whether you REALLY knew someone? smile.gif I hope that you don't have to get to that point financially--also, you'll have more time to save once your lady gets her bfp, and people really like to buy stuff for new babies, so I bet it will all work out in the end.

Pook--I think those sound exciting, especially the tiredness and nausea! I think some people just like to pretend it's not happening so they don't get upset if it doesn't.

Fried--oh, no. I'm sorry to hear that. But it's good that you're ready to go for IVF, so hopefully it won't be a barrier. I was on 2 of menopur, though they kept messing with the follistim over the course of things. When do you expect AF?
I was at checkpoint charlie years ago--so touristy, but I did get kind of a kick out of it...

AFM--excellent transfer this afternoon! We had two perfect little blasts--they even moved a little on the screen before they went in! There are still three others that they'll watch overnight to potentially freeze, though I guess I'll be surprised if they make it, but I'd be thrilled if we had some on ice in case these don't take or for another baby later. DP said she felt a little sick about how good the ones we used looked, especially after I said, 'look! There's the twins!' smile.gif Spending today and tomorrow watching terrible tv and working on my annual photo album and thinking sticky thoughts. Thanks to everyone for all the good wishes--it definitely helps to know there are people out there rooting for me!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#88 of 142 Old 10-22-2013, 04:52 PM

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well! ..I need to catch up on what everyone is up to, but just wanted to say hi.  :) We are awaiting AF to see if we'll make our doctor's next ivf round (she batches all of her patient transfers in one swoop every 2 weeks or so) ...We have half of the meds ready to go, and just need to get one more.  We secured a partial loan and figured out how we're going to pay for the rest.  (which is prostitution - KIDDING!) lol, it's been a long day. :nut  Hoping this is it for us, what a long road it's been.

me: 35 years old & my wife: 38 years old, started TTC in July 2012

#89 of 142 Old 10-22-2013, 05:22 PM

isa!!!! Totally rooting for you and your two blasts! I'm so excited for you!! Hope you enjoy your "relaxing" time off, and good luck with the TWW!

fried- I'm so glad they tested your amh and ovarian reserve. Good to know how much viable time you have left. I think IVF is an excellent choice, even if you'll lose your cushion. You can save it up again. IVF may be exactly what will make things work this time, and with ISCI, you eliminate another barrier. I have a really good feeling about your first cycle!

lizbian- how goes the pregnancy lady?

redrock- was your insem after the ani concert? Fingers crossed for you! Good luck with your TWW!

pook- I guess symptom optimism/denial varies. I'm the type that likes to celebrate the symptoms and am willing to deal with the celebration/disappointment later. My wife is the opposite. She kept telling me to not get my hopes up and just wait til the right time to test. Good luck though! Your symptoms sound bang-on!

sandiegongp- I feel ya. TTC-ing is an effin' pain for us non-breeders. My mother-in-law was diagnosed with breast cancer (stage 1), and everyone was all throwing crazy "pick-me-up parties" and taking her on a cruise to cheer her up. And while I totally acknowledge that a diagnosis of cancer is devastating, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking that her treatment was much less invasive than the 4 rounds of RE-supervised TTC and future IVF we will have and will be undergoing. She had 3 weeks of radiation, and is on a third of the dose of Letrozole (Femara) that I had been on! Anyway, what I'm saying is that TTC-ing sucks. Especially when you try round after round without a BFP. It effs with your sense of self, your relationships with others, your job, and definitely your wallet. Hang in there. Feel free to vent like I just inadvertently did. It kinda helps wink1.gif
#90 of 142 Old 10-22-2013, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Hey all - no time for personals right now - I just got home from a two-day conference and my head hurts so much from information overload. But, I poas again this morning and got another bfn. Since today is 14dpo I'm now just waiting for AF, which I thought would have arrived already. I'm pretty disappointed, but hopefully I can work out something with work so I can travel again next month...although until af arrives who knows when that will be.

I'll be back for personals in the next day or two. In the meantime, good luck to everyone and let me know if you want to be moved to a different spot on the first page.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page